Sports Illustrated Play

Web based registration management software

John D.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

SI Play review

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Pros

I love the fact that I can email,chat, etc. with the team. It allows parents to see the schedule, roster, and stats.

Cons

This software is good and I don;t have any cons.

Kelsy B.

lots of options once you figure out how to use it. not the most user friendly platform for...

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

ability to track info and communicate with masses quickly

Pros

SI Play app is the best part of the software. It's very user friendly for coaches and parents. Has group messaging capability built in. Notifications (reminders) for upcoming games and allows parents to commit. Has a team page with rosters (including player pics which kids and parents love), schedule, standings, and a photo section. The best part about the website is the text and email capability. Coaches can send out messages to the team through the website it will go email or text or both based on parent pref. League officials also have this capability which is excellent for cancellations, delays, or general updates. It also allows you to customize which groups receive the notifications (IE only 8u softball or only 7/8 and 9/10 baseball)

Cons

The website is not user friendly on desktop and is even more difficult on a mobile device. It takes people a while to get comfortable with especially if they aren't "techy." There are a lot of reports that you can customize but it's difficult to access so many people don't use it. If you just sit down and take the time to get familiar with the software it's great.

I use this app to manage my 12 U softball team.

Reviewed on 2017/11/27

Pros

I like the group text/chat feature. I can also update scores, keep photos, and quickly manage game/practice time changes, etc.

Cons

I manage one team and have kids on 2 different teams. The app is constantly updating and notifying me of all changes and updated information. It can be kind of bothersome during the day. Also, when traveling the app updates games/practice schedules automatically by time zone. This can give you the wrong information if you are managing a team from a trip or vacation.

Heather D.

Super Easy

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Pros

Love how it made it easy to keep all my sons games and teams in order and us where we needed to be down to the exact field.

Cons

I do not have any cons regarding this app.

Brian S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Better product than SportNgin and all their competitors combined

Reviewed on 2016/07/07

It's a really robust (online) management software...gets every task done from registration to websites and apps.

Angie M.

Excellent for summer baseball program!

Reviewed on 2016/11/22

Our local baseball club switched over to SI Play and it has been wonderful. The registration process has been very easy to use. Tournaments, stats, and upcoming news can all be seen through the site. The coaches can also communicate with all the parents for rain delays or game changes. Positive experience!

Rafael R.

No sales outside US/Canada... Guys, we are in the 21st century!!!

Reviewed on 2015/11/11

I liked the software, until I found out (thanks to the customer service), that the company doesn't sell outside US/Canada. Actually, this is not the only company that doesn't sell outside their boundaries. Well, it's up to them...

Andrew B.

This is the best thing that has happened to soccer since Pele!

Reviewed on 2009/02/12

This is the best thing that has happened to soccer since Pele!

Pros

Sportssignup.com saves me about 50 extremely tedious hours of data entry each year!

With the Sportssignup online registration system, parents of our 800 players enter the data for their child or children online, and I just download and export to Excel. The system is so easy to use and the few times I've had questions, their technical support representative assigned to our account has been ready with answers and easy-to-follow instructions.

The system was so intuitive that we had a seamless changeover. Now they've updated the administrative dashboard and it's even easier to use!

We used a different online company more than a year ago when we first went online. What a nightmare that was! When I called or emailed for tech support I had to wait days on end and I rarely got the same person twice in a row so I had to explain the problem again and again.

The sportssignup system is so awesome I agreed to stay on as Registrar for another term!

Cons

The only downside is that there are still a few people who are reluctant to use the internet for registration.

Jim A.

I recommend Sports Sign Up to anyone who needs to lighten the load for their volunteers.

Reviewed on 2008/11/17

I recommend Sports Sign Up to anyone who needs to lighten the load for their volunteers through the registration process and team management. I also found that the competive pricing for this service to be very reasonable. Onward and upward.

Pros

The customer service provided by Peter Hall is the most hands on I personally have ever encountered. All my questions (which were many) were answered in a swift manner and 100% were solved. I am also impressed with the relative ease of the software program to send the divisions different information when needed. Our board members have commented to me that Sports Signup has brought our organization to a new level. All that was at one time complicated and doomed is now right. What Peter Hall single handedly has done for Dedham Youth Basketball is to make the registration process easy and efficient. I can't thank him enough! No more headaches.

Cons

There have been none.

David E.

Good, in theory. Poor, in execution!

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

Our league upgraded to this package and it is supposed to come with all the bells and whistles. However, one of the most important features has not worked since day one. We are unable to upload statistics for the kids in our rec basketball league. Stats are a big deal to these kids and they are always competing with each other for one category or another. When you try and enter stats you get an error message (someone in programming must have a twisted sense of humor as they use terms like Scratch! Foul! Out of Bounds, etc) and no entry screen pops up. We have called SI's Tech Support since the first week our season started and nothing... They said they are aware of the "bug" and it would be solved shortly. Four weeks later and it's still not fixed. Called again: Still not corrected. They are aware of it. They are working on it. It's a programming bug. "Give it another week or two and we'll call you back." Meanwhile, our league is at the halfway point of the season! That is a lot of stats for a coach to enter if and when they ever get it fixed. Anyone can keep track of game scores and schedules on a piece of paper. Stats are the value added component. They should not have gone to market with this product without thoroughly testing it first. It's disappointing that an organization like SI would allow something like this to linger.

Darren G.

I couldn't give a higher recommendation to use this application. Easy to set up. Easy to use

Reviewed on 2008/11/14

I couldn't give a higher recommendation to use this application.

Easy to set up
Easy to customize
Continous support if needed

Zero faults!

Pros

From day 1, the people at Sportssignup were extremely professional. Wether it was working through the sign up, being trained or continued support they were and still are a pleasure to work with. The reporting features make this product superior to all we reviewed. in addition we use the application for our coaches background checks. By implementing this software we saved hundreds of manual man hours of work. We should have signed on years ago!

Cons

I can serious not say one negative about this product

Jim L.

This a top of the line registration and league management tool which we heartily endorse

Reviewed on 2014/10/21

Our organization has been with SportsSignUp since 2009. Our board reviewed several competing products at the time and found SSU's the best choice. In my opinion it is everything we expected and as the years have come and gone, it has become more. Enhancements are easy to follow. Registration and reporting are straightforward and easy to use by both staff and the parents and coaches. Customer service and support are first rate and it should be noted that it is rare that we have to seek help. Staff is courteous, prompt to respond, and issues and questions are addressed quickly and satisfactorily. Highly recommended.

Teri F.

Your Staff is Amazing!!

Reviewed on 2014/11/07

I have had a great experience when dealing with all of the staff I have encountered when calling in for issues with our Website. No matter what the issues have been, they have been taken care of very quick and timely. Sometimes there has been a delay because the team has had to find a fix. All in all I am so pleased to be able to count on the Team to resolve any issues we have. Thank you to all of you at Sports Signup!!

Response from Sports Illustrated Play

I'm happy to hear that our Customer Support has always promptly helped you. We appreciate your business Teri!

Santa W.

Sportssignup

Reviewed on 2014/10/21

Sportssignup is an all inclusive system that is easy to use for administrators as well as for registrants. It is a very flexible and has many capabilities to track and acquire information. Customer service at Sportssignup is TOP NOTCH, wish I could rate it more than 5 stars!

Joe S.

Definite purchase

Reviewed on 2008/11/18

Definite purchase

Pros

Easyproduct to use.Customer Service was exceptional. Work day and night to get site up running with their product.

Cons

Need better product education on website.

Dominick E.

I recommend this product to any organization that requires registration.

Reviewed on 2009/02/15

I recommend this product to any organization that requires registration.

Pros

This product reduced complications in our registration.

Cons

There are none.

Rebecca B.
  • Industry: Sports

SSUPlay Review by youth non profit multi sport org

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

The company has changed hands and merged with other software companies multiple times. They have several platforms and do not intend to merge onto one. We are a large multi-sport youth organization.

Pros

Family Registration, some aspects of registration.

Cons

No mobile / app for admins. Product enhancements and fixes are slow. Financial reporting, website presence and admin tools are poor. Customer service takes 2-3 days to reply. The mobile app for parents, coaches and players is cumbersome and often has bugs. This past year, SSUplay lost 7 days of our registration and website updates that were never recovered. League Athletics was purchased by SSUPlay (which one of our programs use) and has never merged as promised. We have 2 of our 3 programs in SSUplay.

Jeff M.

Tried several registrations systems and SportsSignup is the best!!!

Reviewed on 2014/10/21

I've helped run a local youth sports club for nearly 9 years. In that time I have tested and used several different online registration systems. Most have their own pros and cons and unfortunately many of them have cons (data privacy concerns, costs, ease of use, lack of admin security, hidden fees, etc.) that far outweigh the pros. At our club we have used SportsSignup for more than 8 years now. During that time our club has benefited from the continued development of the software that has added useful features to make our admin jobs much easier and quicker. As volunteers, saving time is always appreciated!!! SportsSignup allows us to handle registrations for all our sports. We register the players and the coaches. And since we are very concerned about the safety of our children, we use the KidSafe Background Check system to help verify that our coaches and other volunteers don't have questionable pasts. Since this system is tied right into the registrations, it is very simple for our volunteers to complete and easy for our Risk Management team to maintain. Our coaches love the TeamWall and the easyAlert system for keeping in touch with the parents of their players. It is very easy to keep up with the super important snack schedule as well as keeping track of game and practice changes or cancellations. Also, if you ever run into trouble or just have a question (or two) their tech support department is top notch. They are always friendly and eager to help. If they don't happen to know the answer or get stumped they are great at doing research and getting back to you with an answer. If a bug is found (which all software has bugs and SportsSignup on rare occasion will have one) they are quick to get it fixed (which is not true of all companies out there).

By the way, SportsSignup has now introduced a new website component. You can now use their software to create your club website. It also now has game scheduling. Our club has not started using these two new features yet... but we plan to switch over by early next year (waiting for the seasons to end on a few of our big sports before changing over).

SportsSignup has been a great fit for our multi-sport club. If you are looking for Registration software.... SportsSignup is worth considering. Our admin staff and parents would all highly recommend this software. It has made running our club much easier.

Sharon B.

Reviewed on 2008/12/10

We love the program. It certainly beats the handling of our registration on paper. The program has a lot of great features but it does take a little time and effort to make your set-up exactly the way you need it.

Pros

Excellent customer service. Our rep has been there at every turn to help us set the program up to where we are getting the biggest bang for our buck. We have had a little bit of trial and error, but are comfortable with the overall registration and team management process. Best features are the reports creation feature and the ability to connect with our registrants via email.
Also, love the ease at which we can have our volunteers complete their background checks through their partner company.

Cons

There may be some features that may be included with the program, but we have just not been able to explore the possibilities yet.
The Custom Questions set up is time consuming. Would be nice if you could enter all of your questions at one time.
Be able to maintain inactive accounts and delete if there have been no registrations.
See a complete history per account showing all orders ever placed and not just per season.
I realize it's beyond their control, but the current credit card processing by the 3rd party company is horrible. Having these items clear our accounts on a daily basis is very frustrating.
Would love to see them partner with a company to build a scheduling option into their program. We currently are having to use two separate program to meet our end result.

Rob B.
  • Industry: Sports

SI wrescked a very good app.

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Pros

As long as what you need to do falls into the scope of the current platform, you should be OK. Unfortunately that platform is VERY narrow.

Cons

Absolute lack any more of problem-solving ability or any helpful modality that is not standard. SI dispensed with the old user forum which was the best way to exchange ideas and help. And the help desk is pretty much worthless, if you can even get them to respond.

Barry S.

Features that you use, but set up is difficult.

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

I found this service an affordable option with a great mobile application we could provide to our members for easy communication.

Pros

This service has multiple levels of service and design help. We found once the service was set up and a couple of people trained that we were able to provide an excellent service to our members. The cost was affordable. We were able to update remotely with a web browser on a mobile phone for most ordinary tasks. The mobile application we were able to provide our members allowed for us to maintain excellent communication. We loved how SI Play teamed up with Squad Locker to provide merchandise to our members without the need to have an employee spending hours taking orders and delivering the products.

Cons

We found that if you do not have web site design experience that you will have a very difficult time setting this service up. But, the sales representative was very helpful in getting the site up and running. I have an accounting background and found the financial reporting and collection of payments to be an afterthought of the service, it works, but it's not as refined as the rest of the service.

Lesley M.

Madison Youth Football and Cheer Review

Reviewed on 2014/10/22

I am not the most tech savy user and I appreciate programs that are intuitive. However, that being said, if I can not figure it out on my own, then I know SportsSignup is a phone call away to assist in solving my issue. You all are knowledgeable and responsive and I greatly appreciate you.

On a side note, my latest "issue" is as an administrator it is neccessary to receive a bcc: on all communications sent through the SportsSignup system. This is to ensure being aware of what is going on with the teams and alleviate any misinformation being distributed.

Also, it would be helpful under print forms to have the documents listed individually, but also at the top of the documents one tab to select which would print the customizable forms registration packet that our organization requires. Our users are challenged to individually select each form needed and this would ensure ease of use and a complete packet printed.

Henry V.

Sports management software that makes family life easy

Reviewed on 2014/10/21

As a parent of 3 , as a father, a coach and a sports club volunteer I'm believing that the children of today and my children are overscheduled and can be stressed especially when things don't click. With SSU I find it easy to be in tune with my kids schedule , getting them to the right place at the right time. Communicating with teammates and coaches thru the team wall, subscribing to my kids schedule with ICal that populates their schedule on my phone. It makes my kids sports even more enjoyable. And SSU does not sell my personal data to magazines or other solicitors of sportswear nor to they send me any emails that aren't relevant to my family. The CEO and ownership are always improving their product and services and are very hands on. I have recommended SSU to many of my friends who volunteer and run other associations and they too have reported how much they like the SSU sports sign up system and experience.

Gregory R.

Reviewed on 2009/02/13

Use it - not just for your travel needs, but all of your other programs as well. We use it for winter clinic, rec., and our baseball program as well.

Pros

This program has allowed us to almost entirely elminate paper, yet our transaction audits and ease of recalling information is simpler than ever. We are right 99.9% of the time when their is a timing or registeation question. We don't lose or misplace checks, and there is never a questions as to if someone paid or not.
Our hours manning phones, registration lines, etc are minimized, and we can concentrate more on soccer.

Cons

Very few - once people get used to it and register for the first time it is the easiest they will ever do.

Daniel I.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Use the tool for all of our clubs registration

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Able to track my team

Pros

I am able to send message to my team members and see their status. In addition I am able to print my game rosters so no longer have to manually create

Cons

At the beginning of the season there was no way to upload the entire season schedule. each game I had to manually load