TouchPoint

Flexible Church Management System with Mobile App

Santhosh R.

Good TouchPoint… Great support…

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Pros

TouchPoint is a very good user-friendly application, very easy to use for beginners as well and very good customer support for a quick response. I was strongly recommended.

Cons

None, because of the very good customer support, User-friendly as well.

Lily M.

TouchPoint for the Win

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

This software made actually doing ministry awesome! When a church member told me about a move after a service, I was able to update their contact information directly from my phone rather than making a note and doing it at my computer! It helped our entire team stay on track too!

Cons

I had only used PlanningCenter previously, so it's interface just took some getting used too.

Response from TouchPoint Software

Lily,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're thrilled TouchPoint has served your church well and that it's an improvement on what you were using before. We love helping churches stay on track with their ministry goals. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you need help navigating the interface, or want to get even more out of your TouchPoint Experience.

- Blessings

Adam R.

TouchPoint is an Organization Tool for the Church, By the Church

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

A couple years ago, our local church was looking for a cost efficient people management software that was easy for volunteers to use, could be accessed anywhere, had a built-in check-in feature, and made managing people and giving simple, but detailed if necessary. TouchPoint filled all of those features well, and their pricing (based off individuals) made it realistic for us financially to use.

After having a realistic price and the features we needed, it was essential that this software was easy to use for volunteers and the pastoral and secretary staff (some who are not high tech savvy). When we purchased the software, the TouchPoint staff (known as BVCMS back in the day) reached out to us immediately to setup training, and showed our staff how to use the software. It only took about an hour to learn the features and start using it well. Even after that, if a question ever came up, all we had to do was email them, and they got back to us within the day.

On the front end, the program is great in how it organizes information. It also has several options for exporting that information as well, which was essential for us in creating directories, email lists, etc. It even comes with a mobile app for check-in and simple search to easily find people's contact information.

After learning the front end, there are more options and tools for you to use including an email newsletter designer, ministry organization, options for pastors to keep updates on their visits and meetings with people, targeted communication exports, and mass updates, etc.

One feature I would gladly welcome is a simpler person updater using the Search Builder. In TouchPoint, they have a very detailed and powerful search feature. I use this regularly to update information, find specific people in the system, and keep track of new attenders. However, after getting your results, as far as I'm aware, there is no feature to edit person details on the Search page. To make changes, you either need to go to each person individually, or use the Tag feature. The Tag feature is great that it allows you to select all or specific people for later mass updating (which is currently what I do), but it'd be nice to have an option to update information right on the same page.

All in all, TouchPoint's features, ease of use, and excellent customer service has allowed this database software to be our one stop location for managing all aspects of our ministry involving people.

Pros

Ease of use, detailed people management, easy and customizable exports, children's ministry check-in, mobile access, powerful search feature.

Cons

Only real con is after using the Search Builder, in order to make changes to individual profiles or select groups, it requires using the Tag feature which includes multiple steps. Would welcome as quicker editing feature.

Jay C.

TouchPoint is a MUST HAVE Church Management Solution for any Church

Reviewed on 2017/03/01

Our church transitioned to TouchPoint almost 6 years ago, and it is unequivocally the best administrative and ministry tool that our staff, church leaders, and members use daily. Likewise, members and guests benefit from the custom branded TouchPoint app, online giving and event registrations.

They have created a church management system with a high level of functionality while maintaining an intuitive and easy to use interface. We couldn't be happier with TouchPoint from the outstanding customer service to the well thought out design and functionality.

We use almost every aspect of the software: attendance tracking, member & guest assimilation, mass email, mass SMS texting, event registrations, mission trip registrations, online giving, custom branded app, walk-up check-in, and more. It is truly a software that will meet every demand of the modern church.

One of the biggest improvements that TouchPoint made in the last few years was the transition to the mobile adaptive platform. In other words, it works beautifully on your mobile device.

As the Director of IT and systems administrator, customer service and support are indispensable resources I often depend on, and this is where TouchPoint really shines. They use an email based support system and they are quick to respond and provide solutions. And when you point out a problem, the dev team is quick to fix it. They offer the best customer service and support of all the vendors I use. Likewise, the support documentation is fantastic and always up-to-date. In fact, I did all my training using the documentation and video tutorials before we deployed it to our staff.

One of the best things about TouchPoint, they are always activity developing to improve and enhance the software. You don't have to wait 6 months for new features and updates. They frequently push out improvements on a weekly basis.

If you are a church looking for an CMS solution, look no further. Setup your demo with TouchPoint today'you won't regret it!

Pros

Intuitive
Great support and customer service
Mobile adaptive interface
Frequent software updates and improvements

Chris R.

Increased Faithfulness

Reviewed on 2017/02/18

TouchPoint enabled our church to become more faithful in nearly every aspect of ministry. Our church has always struggled with keeping up with people, to be honest. Since starting to use TouchPoint, we have increased our faithfulness to track and "keep up" with our people. The functionality and ease of use with the software are incredible. The customer service has been unparalleled beginning with the endless questions we had, to training, and through problem-solving. It is adaptable to our ministry and needs. Each month we discover and use more and more of the available capabilities of the software. I'm so thankful for the ministry of TouchPoint. Without their commitment to providing a quality program at an affordable price regardless of the size of the church's ministry, we would still be struggling to track and love our people effectively and efficiently.

Pros

It's very user-friendly.
It's useful on multiple platforms (app, mobile browser, laptop/desktop).

Cons

They provide plenty of free training to get you started. They answer any and all questions. I would like to have a little more training at a more affordable cost. At least offer more in-depth and a broad range of videos for training.

Tiffany W.

Great Support and Good Quality

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

I have enjoyed using the software as well as working with the support team at TouchPoint. I am new to the administrative field in church and did not have previous experience working with other church software. It was a challenge initially for me to understand all the benefits to the church and ministry but I love the features and quality of the software. The support team as been exceptional in both timely responses and quality responses also. I found their help documentation to be very helpful and thorough, with reasonable accuracy in the ever changing industry. They did have an intro training which I appreciated. My only suggestion would to be to include a training for younger/smaller churches such as ours that emphasizes the ministry tools and applications that could benefit the client. Though we have been able to figure out much as we have gone along through the support documentation and staff, as well as getting familiar with the software. Again though, as a younger church, the utilization of the software is smaller initially and thus creates a longer learning curve. I have found the software to be of value as well. The cost has increased during our time of business, and I have found other options that are more economical for a younger church, however, the interface leaves something to be desired. Overall, I have enjoyed working with both the software and the staff.

Stephen F.

Still Learning

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

On the one hand, it was a vast improvement over Servant Keeper, which was the previous church management software we use. On the other hand, it has a pretty steep learning curve, and it is more expensive than our previous software.

Pros

I like everything that TouchPoint claims to offer. The idea of a cloud-based church management software system that could be accessed on any computer or smart device is a very convenient reality. For this reason, it was a great improvement to our previous church management software. The fact that they also offer an online giving app is an added bonus. The attendance taking feature is also very convenient. We now have people who take church attendance with their cell phones.

Cons

It is not at first user-friendly. It is not naturally intuitive, and the amount of time that the company gives in free tutorials is not enough to learn the system. For anything beyond their initial free tutorials, they charge a fairly expensive price for the help you need. We have had the software for almost a year, there are still a number of features that we have not set up.

Response from TouchPoint Software

Stephen,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and balanced review! We love that your church has seen a big boost in attendance tracking and other ministry needs. User experience is definitely a priority for our 2019 roadmap. If you have any specific feedback about how this can be improved for you, please don't hesitate to send your suggestions to [email protected]

Rachel F.

Email Could be Easier?

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

Sending emails to a group is very helpful and I know you can go in and check names, filter, and send emails that way and I can include other random people by joining them to the group but it would be easier if you could manage that right in the email. That's one of those ease of use things you just have to get used to. It is really wonderful to use once you figure out how to do what you need! The other thing I don't love doing is figuring out how to build a search just the right way. Eventually we figure it out it just takes so long. Otherwise I love everything we can do and all the organizational options that opened up for our church!

Pros

Attendance

Cons

Searches

Shelley B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

TouchPoint is a great tool

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

I have been using TouchPoint for several years. It is easy, and user friendly for the most part. It has a great deal of functionality. And easy to understand. Customer Service is helpful.

Pros

It's interface is pretty intuitive. I like that you an do a variety of things with it.

Cons

1. it is not the best way to do registrations. Registrations need to be more like you see on websites. It is first a data base, and then a registration tool. It has created a lot of confusion for our church members registering things
2. I wish there was a way to set up automatic emails with a click of a button.

Kathryn H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Pretty good but could use more updates and streamlining

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

It's been difficult to learn all the ins and outs of the program. It's not self-explanatory and training and classes need to be offered to whoever will be using it.

Pros

The feature of grouping to help with mass e-mails. Ability to keep track of members and ease of changing/adding/deleting details in individual profiles.

Cons

Overall, it's not user friendly. There are specific ways of searching and if the rules are not applied then you will not find what you are looking for, even if the data is already in the system. The way in which one needs to get something done is very indirect. The placement of where you have to click to get to where you want is not easy to find and remember. The formatting of e-mails, especially with images, is limited. They need to be customized and the program itself doesn't make self-adjustments for a good end-result.

Response from TouchPoint Software

Hi Kathryn,
Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We hear you that some things are not intuitive within TouchPoint (making things more user-friendly is on our roadmap!). With that said, I'd love to connect you with our training department. They're great at helping users maximize the system :)

Brendan S.

Great ChMS and Awesome Customer Support

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

We have been using Touchpoint for 3 years now, and it has been a massive blessing not just to our Leadership team, but to our congregation as well. It has allowed us to stay more connected through email and text message blasts, as well as allowed us to keep better attendance records then ever before, and our people love the ability to give online!. We highly recommend Touchpoint and thank them for such a great product!

Pros

Ease of use, simplicity, ability to take online giving

Cons

No biometric support for nursery check-ins, whether fingerprint, or even RFID card/chip

Sandra L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Newly switched from a very challenging software product

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

My overall experience with TouchPoint has been beyond professional and efficient.

Pros

The best thing about this product is the support and the willingness of the developers to listen to feedback and make adjustments as needed. The software is very user friendly and robust. We are still learning what all it is capable of. And specifically touching on the great support - I have felt free to email the support team any and all questions and they have responded within the hour.

Cons

The things I like least about the software are mostly just things related to adjusting to doing things a different way that we previously did them. Probably my biggest critique would be not having the ability to upload individual bundles to our GL program that match exactly what hit the bank. Instead bundles can be uploaded to your GL system by a range of dates by fund.

Response from TouchPoint Software

Hi Sandra, thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled you've had a great experience with our support team. Please never hesitate to send us your questions or suggestions. We continue to work toward improving usability for you to make your experience even better. Blessings!

Jeremy M.

TouchPoint's Comprehensiveness

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

Our youth and children's ministry was in need of a digital database platform where we could do computerized Check-In, online registration, group management, email communications, and access all of this over a web browser and a smartphone. BVCMS back then and now TouchPoint have answered all those needs and continues to develop as a user-friendly system. I appreciate this database so much and all the ways it has helped our church reach the rising generation in our community.

Amber E.

Inclusive Church Management Software

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

Touch Point is a great program to manage a variety of church records. As church secretary of a new church Touch Point has helped us to keep track of all the new visitors and effectively conduct follow up. I especially like the contribution recordkeeping portion of the program; it has been a huge time saver with the options for providing doner statements and keeping track of the weekly, monthly, and annual contribuations with ease.

Pros

It has a lot to offer. The contribution tracking is comprehensive and a big time saver.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but if you have time, the tutorial videos are helpful.

Pam W.

Very Happy Client

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

GREAT!!

Pros

I have every piece of information that I need on an attender in one place.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little hard to find information on how to do something through the index. But, that being said, I have always been able to contact Support and they have been very willing to help me out and even fix issues for me.

Scott W.

Still needs features

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

We've been very happy with Touchpoint but still hope to see upgrades especially in our case with how it integrates with automated checkin systems for our preschool and children's ministries

Pros

Ease of use, the app

Cons

Trouble with use of automated check in systems for preschool and children

Wendy B.

Glad we switched

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Much easier tHan previous system. Like the tracking visitors and use of task features to make sure leaders are contacting them.

Pros

Exactly what we need. Easy to use. Like the help feature and videos.

Cons

I wish that we could use volunteer calender aspect in the mobile app.

Response from TouchPoint Software

Thank you so much for your review Wendy! We'll take your feedback about the volunteer calendar back to our developers. It's definitely something we'd love to offer our users. Grateful for your partnership!

Danyelle M.

So Powerful - Loving It

Reviewed on 2017/02/20

I'm a new Ministry Assistant at my church. I love how powerful TouchPoint is in helping us keep track of our members and our ministry to them. I wish there was some sort of beginners tutorial that touches on highlights of the many, many functions. I still don't know how to use tags, but it looks like it would be really helpful. I appreciate the email updates, but never had a proper beginner's tutorial.

Pros

Just every possible scenario is covered. Very powerful.

Cons

My two contacts with customer support did not provide the answers I needed. I had to ask a previous employee here at our organiztion how to use TouchPoint to solve my problem.

Rhonda B.

Great software

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

I use Touchpoint everyday. It's very easy to use and does everything we need it to. It's nice having all our information in one place.

Pros

Very user friendly

Cons

The help articles sometimes do not cover my specific needs

Patricia A.

Just Right

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

We've been on Touchpoint for a year now and have found it to be much easier to use than our previous cms.

Pros

Ease of use. Scalability. Record keeping.

Cons

It is almost oversimplified. It doesn't take in to account business donations, the fields are simplified to families only.

Sean S.

An honest review

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

We've been using TouchPoint primarily for administrative purposes in our church. It has been a great tool for us to keep track of information and processes that we have in place. It takes quite a bit to get used to initially but is well worth the investment.

Pros

The wealth of information that can be stored.

Cons

It is rather difficult to navigate through (feels a bit clunky in parts) and has some weird components: like having to put a space after searching for someone's name.

Tressa M.

TouchPoint is easy to use & intuitive; learning the ropes is easy with the fantastic customer...

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

Ease of use; functionality for my applications is easy to grasp. Lots of features that I still have to explore that I'm sure would make my job even easier

Cons

Sometimes the intuitive part is not as easy; most of that is learning the lingo and the way that this application works over what we had before. Help section is usually very helpful, though!

Sandy B.

I am a new user of touchpoint. My background is working in a higher education database system.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Being able to keep up with prospects and members of our church is much easier with this software tool.

Pros

It is great that the pictures of our church members are available.
I like being able to email individuals and groups through Touchpoint.
The report feature is nice.
Being able to use tags is helpful. It would however, be even more helpful to be able to further filter some of the people I have tagged before I email the whole group. Sometimes, an email should go to most, but not all of the members of a tag.
The "Recently Viewed" list is very helpful when searching People or Organizations.

Cons

I am disappointed that I cannot set up a communication plan for members and guests.
The search building feature seems a bit awkward. Is there a chart somewhere that lists all available codes that I may search?
I wish there was a separate place where I could view all my templates without having to click on someone's record in order to find all of my saved drafts/templates.
Our church does not have a Twilio account, so we are unable to send texts using Touchpoint. It would be great if the capability to send /receive texts was integrated in the software.
We also do not use the payment system that can be used with Touchpoint.

Ric O.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great graphics hide poor functionality

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

It does the basics poorly, but charges you like it does them well. We got in when in was in the early stages and it was a bargain which is what a small congregation needed. Time has increased the price and bettered the graphics but they have never added any real functionality. We still cant communicate effectively within an organization and the calendar functionality is terrible. You have to almost be a programmer to send an email. The only reason we have stayed is the beast of transitioning data to another service is overwhelming as a small congregation.

Pros

not a lot

Cons

email, calendar, communication, events

Jon L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

The Well Church recommends Touchpoint!

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

Anytime ease of use is not as easy, I give customer service a call and they help me through it within the day! That is a customer service you can't find in any other church system!