Eldridge G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Protect What's Important!

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

Having our ideas, goals, data, etc stored within the Incapsula software makes us feel safe and assured. Never have we encountered any threats, glitches, or lost any key information since our company has purchased it. It's the best software for business data I've ever seen in my 20 years.

Pros

The fact that our data at our establishment is sensitive and private, it's comforting to know that Incapsula is there to keep us safe! Also, being able to store our data within the cloud and being able for the software to find potential vulnerabilities is the amazing part of it.

Cons

Only con I can think of is that I feel like the interface itself needs a little bit of change to it

Dmitry K.

Secure and Safe

Reviewed on 2016/10/04

We stay with Incapsula 3 years. We are very happy that one day we choose this service. It was simple and fast to configure. Now we feel safe, we use incaprules for direct preventing the attack - it's easy and effective. Caching feature speed up our site. Support is fast and polite. We are happy.

Pros

DDos protection, Caching feature, fast and polite support

Cons

Everything is on high level

Jan H.

An excellent and free website security tool

Reviewed on 2011/07/02

Incapsula is first and foremost about web security, and second about website performance. I put it to the test and compared it to what is perhaps its fiercest competitor: CloudFlare.

First, both CloudFlare and Incapsula are about equal in improving performance, based on the short time I tested it on my blog. Either one would work for me here, and I do like CloudFlare’s “Always Online” cache of my site when my server or connection is down, but I had too many false positives with it. Second, CloudFlare’s options and features seem geared towards performance more than security, while Incapsula appears to be primarily concerned with security. I’m more concerned with security, so I’m going for Incapsula. Third, personally I prefer Incapsula’s easy and straightforward dashboard over CloudFlare. Fourth, in my opinion, CloudFlare is for the masses. Incapsula is for business. I’m business, and I’m going for Incapsula.

Pros

- Easy to understand and use interface
- Professional looking page for blocked visitors
- Good security options in the basic FREE version
- Does not require name server change

Cons

- Blocked user have no way of notifying site owner of false positives
- Advanced performance options only available starting from $99/mo
- Support pages and support forum still a bit lacking in volume

Mat P.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 2016/09/21

Leandro F.
  • Industry: Banking

A good but limited app

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

I like using incapsula but i think they need to add more features and modernize their user experience

Pros

It's fast and stable

Cons

Bad user interface

Ian H.

Excellent product, does exactly what it says on the tin!

Reviewed on 2016/10/04

Very easy to set up and use, never had any issues. Very useful reporting. Just a shame it is a cloud product; however, it has to be given the nature of it's task.

Pros

It just works and provides an invaluable protection and services

Cons

Cloud based; however, it has to be.

Jeremy P.

great product

Reviewed on 2015/08/25

the product is great! it's easy to use. the DDOS protection is great and so are the rest of the safety features. for DDOS settings, it would be nice if i could enter a custom request/sec value.

it would be nice if there was more documentation on the graphs and terminology, otherwise i end up filing a support ticket. i hate how some cool features cost extra (i get it), but we do have a ton of traffic, so it would be nice if they were included. =)

Kijoo S.

Much help to our business

Reviewed on 2015/08/27

I'm using Incapsula's amazing service with enterprise license. With your service, I can manage my business efficiently. My business get much DDoS attack due to its nature of job. For a year with your service, there was numerous DDoS attack to my business, but in most cases, your DDoS depensive system worked effectively! Thanks to your service, and I expect good defense as ever.

Geoffrey R.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2015/08/24

We have Implemented this service on all of our external sites that take user logins. So far we have see a reduction in attacks and an increase in our ability to do no downtime deployment between servers using the load balancing feature. The website does not have all the robust features an on premise appliance would have but enough to get you to the point.

Nikolai V.

support is horrible!

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

Overall the service is good(ish), but when you need help from the support you might find yourself in a nightmare... once my ticket was bounced between 2 or 3 departments and all said the same - the problem is for me... at the end it was clear that the problem was in the service and no one cared to apologize for my wasted time...

Kah haw T.

Peace of mind

Reviewed on 2016/12/27

We have been using Incapsula for a year now, and we are only using it with minimal incap rules and mostly the default setting is more tha sufficient. The free SSL, caching is a value added and we have peace of mind every night knowing our site is protected. Good stuff.

Pros

Cons

The GUI sometimes might have bug.

Steven T.

Incapsula POPs and portal

Reviewed on 2017/03/09

Incapsula's consolidated PoP system greatly speeds up the speed of our sites. It is easy to configure and secure. It does lack a bit in the reporting aspects as well as needing the main landing page to be reworked. Still, it is hands above the competition in its price range.

Dylan B.

Incapsula is a one-stop shop for web security and acceleration and super easy to use!

Reviewed on 2015/08/24

We've sold Incapsula to the smallest web presence where they are just looking for a comprehensive solution to provide web security up to large public web properties that are looking for full featured CDN, Web Application Firewall and DDoS Mitigation solutions. Incapsula has it all and is the best at at!

Ryotaro K.

Bad Bot access decreased

Reviewed on 2017/03/03

I did not like the access of Bat Bot from overseas, but it decreased so much after introduction.It is quite good feeling !

Jaser M.

Very useful and easy to deal with!

Reviewed on 2015/08/23

I like the interface, the dashboard, and the features i have to control my system!

Ryan M.

Saved the day many times

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

We were facing crazy DDOS attacks a couple years ago and after putting incapsula infront of our properties the server cpu usages dropped enormously, I was able to reduce our AWS instance pool size by 3/4 saving a ton of money on AWS bill

Cons

Price is high. I wish this was a bit cheaper. The price is very high. Generally worth it, but would be happier if it was a few hundred bucks a month cheaper.

Paul N.

Quality with affordable price

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

Topic pretty much nails it. Getting incapsula and protecting your site with it is easy as pie. Works nicely right out of the box. Also has nice extra features like fully featured LB.

Pros

The ease of use.

Cons

Reporting could use some work. I would like to see more detailed analysis of attacks and traffic.

Andi yuni W.

Easy deployment and stable cdn

Reviewed on 2016/11/24

Been using incapsula for the a year, it works great for anti ddos and bot protection. I tested than the others cdn product, incapsule blazingly faster and more stable. Their anti ddos feature very effective to block ddos attack.

Pros

Anti ddos, waf, customer service, caching feature

Cons

Lack of gui

Nigel M.

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2015/08/24

Strengths:
Incapsula is easy to use and manage.
This is a big improvement from our on premise solution.
The support is quick with a response and solves any issue we encounter.
Two factor integration helps to secure this sensitive tool.

Room for improvement:
Reporting - Need a developer to gather logs from Incapsula for attacks\traffic.
No global controls - We have many sites that require the same configurations. Each site must be configured individually.
No granular permissions - I am unable to grant permissions to individual sites. It is pretty much all sites or no sites.
Access is not federated - Access to security tools should be federated using SAML.

François Y.

The software suits perfectly our needs!

Reviewed on 2015/08/21

Few times a year, our customer has its website down (online shop) by some random DDOS for an hour.

After subscribing the Incapsula anti-DDOS service (easy to setup, just a DNS change and configure the redirection, and that's all).

The service works fine, and the stats (realtime and weekly) are fine, even if we would like more details about some bots / attacks.

Configuration based on country, ip, customs rules seem to be great too even if we do not use them.

The price is worth the business cost previously lost...

Marco B.

Easy to use and powerfull

Reviewed on 2015/08/27

Pros: Really easy to implement without any downtime. Tuning as well as additional settings can be easily undertaken at any time. Support is available and provides concret and professional responses (except for one question. See below)
Cons: Unable to restrict the traffic to a limited number of ports and no explanation is provided as to why this is not possible.

Joe K.

So fast and easy, you'll think it was a mistake...

Reviewed on 2015/08/24

I truly feel that moments after requesting a site to be protected, I had an email bringing me to my account, walking me through a ridiculously easy provisioning process, and then the next thing I know, my new IP address are delivered, I change my DNS records, and poof. You can tell your client they are secure and you're a hero.

Highly recommended.

Seth H.

The Incapsula Experience

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

Very fast to setup, customer support could be better but fast to respond. Product works as advertised.

Jc P.

Great information content

Reviewed on 2015/08/24

Great delivery of information. Appreciate the weekly report and real time analysis features

Assaf F.

Great AntiDDOS and WAF

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

Been using incapsula for the past year and a half, the new features that comes out pretty often are always a blessing, it works great for anti ddos and bot protection and the extra cdn features are awesome

Pros

It does what it suppose to do and more, great ddos protection and bot filtering, the cdn and caching features are working well

Cons

user interface lacks basic features like invoices and billing