Beyond Pricing

Web based automatic pricing for vacation rental

Pat L.

Great Pricing for Value

Reviewed on 2020/04/05

Definitely would (and have) recommended to others. Customer service/support is very responsive/helpful.

Pros

I was quickly able to tune my pricing to both optimize my pricing so that I could increase occupancy, as well as average rate. The integration with AirBNB & VRBO allowed me to quickly adjust, as well as view market conditions to understand how to set my pricing strategy.

Cons

There isn't a way to apply the same parameters to both the AirBNB & VRBO channels. Also, there isn't yet a Booking.com or TripAdvisor channel.

Danna K.

Excellent pricing software

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

The customer support has been very impressive. Completely satisfied with their response to my questions and concerns. Good onboarding experience.

Pros

Has helped us fill mid-week gaps better and capitalize on high demand holidays and weekends. We even have a few homes with revenue increases over 50% YOY due to better pricing decisions.
Provides helpful market data to make better pricing decisions.
Excellent support - lightening fast response whenever I have a question.
Helpful when onboarding a new home to get the pricing set up quickly.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve at the beginning and this is not a set it and forget about it software. It does require some hands on manipulation of the strategy based on understanding of the local market.

Jeremy C.

Raising the bar

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

From top to bottom Beyond Pricing is a first class organization in my experience. Their team is readily available and everyone is hands on and willing to jump on the phone and help you figure out a resolution whenever an issue comes up. Highly recommend to anyone who is not a direct competitor of ours.

Pros

Dynamic pricing is something we've done in house for quite a while but no one could keep up with the accuracy and flexibility of Beyond Pricing. They've helped us to raise the bar on what should be expected from a vacation rental manager in our area.

Cons

There is a lot that goes into it, it's not a simple flip the switch and everything is done. There is a lot to learn especially when it comes to explaining it to property owners but their support team is readily available and does a great job of helping you throughout initiation as well as on a day to day basis.
It's not a set and forget it system either, I do log in and at least glance at rates daily but that might just be who I am and my desire to have control and understanding of everything though.

Pawe P.

Just SUPERB

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Pros

It is essential tool for any PRO HOST, giving accurate forecast about pricing and hosting details, just to name a few.

Cons

It only cover major cities around the world, so don't expect you can use it for your summer beach cabin.

Response from Beyond Pricing

Thanks! We're so glad you've enjoyed the product and we'll be rolling out even more small cities soon!

Emily B.

Excellent product and Service

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Excellent

Pros

Excellent product that increases occupancy
Great team behind the software, went above and beyond- first class service

Cons

It is on expensive side but then you get what you pay for!

Nuno F.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Amazing Software but on the pricey side

Reviewed on 2021/03/05

While it was the only option I knew of in the market, I was happy using the software. As soon as I became aware of other competitors that provide the same service at much lower rates, I switched.

Pros

The UI and general experience using the software is very good.

Cons

If you have multiple properties, reconciling the monthly software costs with each property is time consuming as it is bundled. The 1% fee works out quite expensive when you start doing well and in high season when rates are much higher.

Melissa D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Good service, perfect to start when you do not know the market well

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Good experience good customer service, I am globally satisfied with this service.

Pros

Pricing strategy built by their Revenue Managers, account manager to guide us, performance reviews.

Cons

I find the pricing to be a bit out of market sometimes, I wish it would adjust more often, when we don't fill the hotel, to pick up more last minute bookings.

Jonathan B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Amazing STR Pricing Algorithm!

Reviewed on 2018/09/01

Overall BP is on point! They have helped our rates and occupancy significantly. We have been a loyal client for over 2 years becuase they are making us so much revenue!!

Pros

The platform is user-friendly and easy to manage. The data and stats are very useful in helping us with our revenue management. Customer service and support is excelent.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons and they have always responded to feedback.

Michael P.

Uncovered hidden revenue!

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of the property calendars...I can literally go in and adjust rates on 100+ properties in a matter of minutes, something I wasn’t able to do through my PMS interface.

Before using beyond we relied on our personal knowledge of the pricing in our market/season/best months. The first year we turned on beyond we uncovered that the our season (here in scottsdale) still produced great rates for the month of April.

In the past we would really tone down the rates after March (peak season) but once we turned on and trusted beyond our April came in DOUBLE what it had the previous year...this led to an extra 150k in profit for a company our size. Just from that, beyond paid for itself for years to come!

Cons

The only think I want to see in the future is nothing, I think the software has been perfected.

Larry & shelly L.

Can't live without it!

Reviewed on 2019/03/24

Our rep at Beyond Pricing is the ABSOLUTE best! We love the guy and truly appreciate his authenticity and the way he brings us along on the reason for pricing decisions. Very real, honest and trustworthy.

Pros

The fact that they have 'managed services'. Dynamic pricing is an art. These guys are gurus. We requested managed services when it was new and dramatically increased our revenues. It took the emotion out of the tactical pricing strategy.

Cons

Pricing is an art. It's not easy. If they didn't have managed services, I'm not sure we would have stayed. We LOVE our account rep and highly recommend the managed services

Response from Beyond Pricing

Thanks for the kind words and support!

Clint C.

Immediate Impact

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Pros

Beyond pricing takes a complex issue for vacation rental managers and makes is simple AND better. We no longer have to mess with rent bands and watch for event, holiday, or even weather based changes. Once implemented we saw an increase in our short term/last minute bookings and an increase in revenue on our peak season bookings. Overall more bookings. And it has attracted new clients. Win Win WIN!

Cons

No complaints. It is a great solution to many problems.

Total lifesaver

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Pros

Has helped me 10x my growth in my vacation rental property company. Support team is A+. Can't ask for more

Cons

I hate to be nit picky but when I started, the software was clunky. Their support team is great but still I shouldn't have to contact support

Response from Beyond Pricing

Thanks! So glad you're loving it!

Soraya P.

Excellent Tool!

Reviewed on 2015/11/11

We use Beyond Pricing to generate competitive rates for our vacation rentals. They are aware of so many events and holidays to drive up the income, it's excellent that Beyond Pricing does the scouting for us and their pricing tool automatically adjusts the pricing for us on our listings. Thanks to Beyond Pricing, we were able to increase our revenue based on their suggested rates. Also, anytime we have had any questions, Beyond Pricing has been quick and nice to help instantly. I would highly recommend using their pricing tool!

Daniel D.

Beyond Pricing Makes Me Money

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

I recommend Beyond Pricing to everyone I can. The tool is extremely valuable, and I know I'm making more money and spending less time managing prices than I would be if I were doing it all manually.

Pros

Managing pricing for my vacation rental sounds like it could be a daunting task when taking into account all the variables that can impact the price; however, Beyond Pricing makes it very easy. I love the fact that you just manage your base price and it adjusts everything from there. I've already made a lot more money using Beyond Pricing to get me the optimal rate than I've spent on the product.

Cons

Figuring out my base price was a bit difficult. I used the Nearby Listings to see what would be a good base price to start with, but I found that the base price it was showing me of other listings resulted in prices that were way too high. I ended up adjusting it down and slowly built it up the price as bookings came in. I also found that the base price that seemed to work well in the popular months was too low for the slower months as they booked up well before 30 days out. The data it gives is really helpful and will help me get the optimal rate for the slower months next year.

Stephan O.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best in class pricing automation software

Reviewed on 2016/06/30

I've been using Beyond Pricing for my own rental properties and been impressed by its effectiveness in driving up our rental revenue. Managing prices has become a key components of running a succesful vacation rental business and putting this task on autopilot is also a huge relief, given the complexity and the overburdening nature of the task. Beyond Pricing is the perfect partner for Orbirental, being totally in line with our vision of using outstanding technology to drive more automation in the industry, while providing an open and adaptable API that seamlessly integrates into our platform.

Fadi F.

Best price optimization Software. period

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

Love using Beyond Pricing. Sergey on the Sales is amazing!

Pros

Bookings are through the roof. Thanks to the price optimization from Beyond Pricing, my business is thriving better than ever

Cons

Pricing update can be more dynamic than 24 hours.

Response from Beyond Pricing

Thanks for the kind words!

Matt D.

Potential for greatness, but falls short on every aspect, and has costed me significant losses

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

Cancelled well within my free one month trial. Firstly, beyond pricing should be paying me- a glitch in their system shortly after signing up caused my booking.com profiles, calendars and 3 years of history to be wiped blank and locked out. Beyond pricing is wholly email-based, and has no support line to call when things go pear shaped. Even once they decided to email me back, after over 12 hours of outage, they refused to help fix it, and simply pointed me to their standard FAQ section. 48 hours without booking.com (and without all of the bookings i crucially lost in the meantime, as booking.com is our main source of profit!) and a 6 hour phone call to booking.com’s IT department, and they were able to help get everything unlocked and reopened- while confirming that it had been Beyond Pricing’s fault in the first place. The lost revenue (the exact opposite of what beyond pricing promises!) and the shoddy support soured me to beyond pricing, and I requested to cancel, with the hope of returning in a year’s time once the kinks in their system were worked out. However, over 2 months after cancelling, I was hunted down & chased via email trail by BP employee [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for “missing payment”- for what, you may ask? For bookings made during my 100% free one month trial. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] insisted across multiple emails that yes, my account had been cancelled with them only three weeks after signing up, but I still had to pay for the reservations made prior- even though I was within the free trial!

Pros

I love the concept behind this company, but unfortunately, for the below reasons, cannot and will not recommend, and hope they either get their act together or stop trading immediately, before messing up other peoples’ livelihoods and hunting down pennies to boot!

Cons

Email based, no support line, caused significant losses to my business due to glitches in their system which completely erased my booking.com accounts and calendars, leading my properties to be 2 days off line and to be unable to accept any reservations whatsoever, with any pending reservations automatically cancelled. No help in the meantime- I had to spend 6 hours on the phone with Booking.com's IT department to try and fix Beyond Pricing's glitch, meanwhile Beyond Pricing merely emailed me copy and paste FAQs that were unrelated and unhelpful, after long delays.

Lee S.

Great Product to Dynamically Price

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Works great for my needs. It delivers enough of a revenue boost to well justify the cost.

Pros

Beyond Pricing is just that...it's a superior alternative to Airbnb SmartPricing. Beyond Pricing works on the behalf of hosts...not the platform. This productive definitely increased my nightly rate. It integrates pricing from more sources than the OTAs.

Cons

Beyond Pricing continues to improve and they regularly add features. They aren't every market, and some markets are geographically broad. You can set it and forget it with your high season. I've found the pricing then to be very accurate. In the off season I feel like seasonality can be so hyper-local that it doesn't perform quite as well there. They recently added functionality to blanket discount over their predicted price for dates you set...I'm hoping that helps with some of the seasonality issues.

Response from Beyond Pricing

Thanks Lee! We love your review and feedback. We work every day to help people like you build a stronger business and it's hugely appreciated to see you take the time to share your thoughts.

Dana R.

This is a great software for our vacation rental business. It helps us stay competitive!

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

The main benefit is that I no longer have to constantly change rates for different seasons for over 50 rental properties. Beyond Pricing has done all the legwork and adjusts our pricing on a daily basis based on current supply and demand. This is something we could never do on our own, at least not in such depth.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. It also works extremely well with our vacation rental management software and advertising sites. The support is outstanding and the training is great as well. The options make sense and give us a lot of ways to stay booked in a very competitive environment.

Cons

This is not a huge deal, but each of our properties are listed in duplicate due to advertising on multiple sites, such as vrbo, airbnb, etc. We don't have to make multiple changes though. We can make one change to a property rate and that change will travel to the other listings as well. It can be a tad bit confusing at first, but again, not a huge deal.

Response from Beyond Pricing

So glad you love the product, Dana!

Great tool for automating listing rates!

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Pros

Ive used a few dynamic pricing tools, and I like Beyond Pricing. The interface is simple and straightforward. The listing score helps keep track of performance at a quick glance. It provides some very insightful data as well as some links to listing comps. I like that you can set a custom price with just one click. Overall, an indispensable tool to help price your vacation property and maximize revenue.

Cons

Even at just a 1% commission, the charges add up fast. I don't think its fair to charge a commission on rates that are custom set.

Response from Beyond Pricing

Thanks for the great review!

Federico G.

The best dynamic pricing software for short time rentals

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

We use it every day for more than 1 year. It made our income increase a lot (at least 15%) even if we are pretty expert in this industry and we know quite well our markets

Pros

The demand forecast, the easy to use and the very effective results report

Cons

it would be nice to have a customizable discount for each day of the week

Joshua H.

Couldn't rely on their pricing algorithm.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

They automated our pricing strategy. Set-up and implementation was a breeze. Design of the website is pleasing to the eye.

Cons

Their pricing algorithm (which is essentially the entirety of their service) proved to be poor for our properties. They priced us either obscenely high or way too low. Our daily rate was erratic and would have lost us a whole lot of money if we had continued using the service.

Basic product for basic users

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

Useful if you don't know much about a short term rental business.

Cons

Product not useful for professional hosts.

Andrew m. (dru) B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Beyond Pricing helps your vacation rental company make more money

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

This tool is helping me produce more revenue and be more agile in my marketplace.

Pros

The functionality of the software allows you to use your local expertise to optimize your revenue. The best tool I have found to help me in executing yield management strategies for my properties and homeowners. The team at Beyond Pricing has been very responsive to my needs as well.

Cons

If I have to put something, I would say the cost. I have built in factors to absorb the cost structure but it also is directly correlated to increasing my revenue so it is worth it.

Response from Beyond Pricing

Thank you for the kind words and support!

Daniel N.

TOTALLY UNRECOMMENDABLE SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2021/02/25

HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED AND TOTALLY UNRECOMMENDABLE SOFTWARE COMPANY

Pros

We have absolutely no pros for BeyondPricing. After an approximately 6-month use, we were informed by our PMS (a very popular PMS) that it no longer supported any integration with BeyondPricing. Upon addressing the issue directly with BeyondPricing, its management team vehemently denied such issue with the integration. Therefore, we were left without any revenue management software, and had to research and go again through the extensive effort to integrate an alternative revenue management software to our PMS to support our revenue management program. At the least, BeyondPricing could have informed us of the termination of their integration with our PMS.

Cons

On top of denying that its integration with our PMS had been terminated (by the PMS), BeyondPricing FRAUDULENTLY took a last payment of over $2,000 from our credit card and refused to reimbursed it even though BeyondPricing was in breach of contract for not being able to provide the service.