OwnerRez

Book and manage 1 to 100s of properties in the cloud

5 /5 (73 reviews) Write a Review!
4,9
4,8
Calli S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

Pros

- One central place to see all of my bookings, send emails, and manage 4 vacation rental properties
- Great customer service - helpful implementation checklists, very responsive and helpful customer service reps even during the free trial period
- Imports property info from Airbnb & VRBO

Cons

- Calendar needs to sync in real time. I like to know immediately when a booking comes in - as is, the sync takes up to an hour.

Chester B.

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2017/04/23

Before retiring and managing my rental property I was in the IT department of a large hospital for 40 years, involved in application development, vendor application management and a technical systems engineer, MCSE, CNE, CCNA, VCP. So I have had a lot of experience with software and systems. I had been using another property management product for a year that was absolutely horrible and had zero enhancements to the product while I was with them. The main reason that I chose this product to begin with was that it offered me the ability to offer my guests property damage protection and trip cancellation insurance for a property owner that has only one property, all the other products required the owner to have/manage at least 5 properties. After test driving the product for the free trial period I quickly found that this product was for me and dumped my prior vendor like a hot potato.

The system is rich in all the major features that a property owner could ask for like a large number of payment methods, legal agreement integration including guest online signing, email templates, triggers and tracking, listing site integration, travel insurance, property damage protection and a host of others.

The owners/developers of this product actually do listen to their customers, I have been with them for a short 5 months and have seen a number of enhancements in that short time. Their response time for questions is very quick and they have answered all my questions. I highly recommend this product.

Pros

The setup process was straight forward and includes a Setup Interview to make sure that you configure the minimum configuration to get things going. After you have configured the system they also include an import feature so that you can import all your information from excel to make the transition a breeze.

You are able to modify an invoice on the fly before sending the quote to the guest to include additional line items like a Special Discount, change a charge, delete a line item, etc. You have complete control over the invoice and how it will be presented to the guest, absolutely fantastic.

Cons

The rates database is separate from the seasons database and I feel if the rates were included in the seasons database it would make the setup process a little easier.

Response from OwnerRez

Thanks, Chester! We appreciate having you as a customer! Lot of great new features just around the corner.

Sarah E.

Superb Support

Reviewed on 2020/01/20

The support is second to none. Every single question is answered quickly with easy to understand explanations. The OwnerRez team have endless patience!

Pros

A bit of a learning curve, but once it's up and running it's a great system and easy to add to websites. I love the auto email options.

Cons

The main thing I think the software is missing is the ability to use promo codes.
Individual quote options for individual properties would be a huge asset as would being able to add personalized options to all forms.

Damon S.

Incredible! Owner Reservations simplifies and makes it fun!

Reviewed on 2015/08/16

We've been using OwnerReservations since we opened the doors on our vacation rentals on Lake Chelan (www.marinasedge.com) in 2013. We've since added 4 more units and with Owner Reservations managing 8 units is almost as easy as managing 4.
I would STRONGLY recommend Owner Reservations to anyone that owns a vacation rental. Owner Reservations automates almost all of our processes from initial inquiry to the lifetime of the customer. The software was created by vacation rental owners to simplify their lives, and it shows in the details of the software. Our guests have commented on how professional our interactions are-I attribute this to the professional appearance of the emails and web interface of Owner Reservations.
The software is incredibly high quality. In over 3 years of using it I've almost never experienced any problems. When there is a problem Owner Reservations always resolves it (almost immediately).
The cost of Owner Reservations is negligible compared to the absolute value it provides. Our bookkeeper recently indicated that she was spending an hour a month restructuring the financials from our vacation rental. We asked Chris and Paul if they could help. A few days later they had a solution that saved our bookkeeper an hour a month which saved us paying her about $75 per month (these savings alone more than pay for the fees to use Owner Reservations).
We love the software and could not have built a quarter million dollar a year business without it! Thanks Chris and Paul!

Barbara C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

OwnerReservations - makes vacation rental business easy, accurate and fun!

Reviewed on 2017/01/06

We are fairly new to OwnerReservations.com, and I am fairly new to being a booking agent. So I thought the learning curve was going to be very steep. Not! This software is so easy to use, and often times self-explanatory. When I have needed help, the team at OwnerRez is so supportive, and patient. I get started early and when I sent a few questions to them at 5:00AM I expected a reply at a more reasonable hour. I was surprised - and impressed - when 20 minutes later up pops the answer. I am anticipating less contact in the very near future as I work with this software, especially as they flesh out their Help page. I enjoy working with OwnerRez - fast, accurate, thorough...and fun!

Pros

Ease of use, accuracy, thoroughness, logical, fast, fun

Cons

There's not much that's not to like! Looking forward to the updates that are coming along with a more detailed Help page.

Response from OwnerRez

Enjoyed working with you guys too! Thanks for the kind words and please continue to talk to us about your needs. What strains do you have on a regular basis?

Paul A.

Best investment to help manage Vacation Rentals

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

I own five condos in Venice FL and have been doing vacation rental for over 10 years. I have been using OwnerRez for almost a year now and I can honestly say it is worth every penny. It makes my organization and management much more efficient and effective. The website feature is also amazing and very easy to update. The support I get from the staff is unlike any other, they are very quick and helpful. Knowing how easy it was to work with was the main reason I actually bought my 5th condo. I would recommend OwnerRez for anyone that has vacation rentals.

Pros

Very easy to use and great support is available

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the software

Joni B.

Best. Software. EVER!

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

I blow up their email on a regular basis as I'm navigating getting both of my properties set up the way I want. They answer every question thoroughly and clearly and help with every user challenge I hit. Best customer service ever!

Pros

I LOVE absolutely everything about this software! It does SO MUCH, and although it takes some learning to tweak it into what works for best for each individual's needs, I have found it VERY user-friendly and whenever I get stuck on something, the support team is fantastic and responds quickly! I had one property that I had done for me through their set up option and then I did the second on my own, both options are great! I cannot recommend this product enough!

Cons

Nothing! There is absolutely nothing I have found that I don't like thus far.

Kathryn S.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easy to use, user friendly and EXCEPTIONAL customer service

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

We only have one property so I did the set up. I experienced prompt replies from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the customer service representatives when I was setting up OR. Their monthly rates are definitely compensatory based on the support that I have received.

Pros

Easy to use calendar to control blocking our dates, creating quotes, pulling reports, offering travel insurance, easy set up for payment and sending email. I do not connect to OTA's as we are building a direct booking rental.

Cons

I don't have any at the moment as my experience has been stress-less and easy.

Lisa G.

Remarkable customer support

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Pros

The software has a feature for everything that we require to run our furnished rental business....AND it is affordable. The support while implementing has been unlike any other. No matter what time I send an email, I receive a response. We are just getting rolling so I'm sure I will have more to say after we use the system for awhile.

Cons

If you already have a business, it does take some time to get all of your past data in place.

Belinda R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great CS! I am tech challenged, when I needed help with my site - it was done in less than 24...

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Time saver and income producer. Since I can book my guests with no booking fees.

Pros

I love that the system can host my site, send emails, collect payments - auto pilot for owners. You can use a little or as much as you like!

Cons

I would like the seasons settings to be a little more concise (think Excel file rather than line items), but that is such a small issue.

Response from OwnerRez

Belinda, thanks for the review! We have a lot more planned in the months to come!

Wendy H.

Love the Great Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2015/08/30

This software has definitely made my business easier, flow smoother, and come across more professionally to potential guests. When ever I have a question about how to do something in the program the staff are very quick with help. And they are extremely responsive if there is a problem on their end in resolving a glitch as sometimes can happen with any program. I love how they are always trying to improve their product. I know I'm not using the system to the fullest extent possible but appreciate this fantastic software and the responsive staff are the best.

Martha B.

Great Way to Track Everything fro VR

Reviewed on 2017/03/03

Owner reservations provides an easy way to manage all channels in one place. I no longer spend hours trying to track reservations, payments, communications etc. The feature to notify 3rd parties (caretaker/cleaner) is a timesaver, along with the different calendar views, auto generated emails to guests and so much more. A great value and they provide amazing customer service.

Response from OwnerRez

Martha, thanks for the kind words! Lot of great stuff to come in 2017 too!

James S.

OwnerRez makes managing my vacation rentals quick and easy.

Reviewed on 2015/08/17

I have been using OwnerRez for over 3 years and it is by far the best solution that I have found for managing my vacation rentals. I can generate a personalized response to an inquiry in less than a minute. It really does make the whole process simple and fast. It is easy to set up, the customer service is fantastic, and the cost is low. Give it a try- you won't be sorry.

Claudia P.

Great product and improving every day

Reviewed on 2013/10/02

I began as a beta tester. I have been very happy with being a part of this process. It is by far, the best software out there for Vacation Home Renters.

They are constantly working on improving the system and they listen to everyone's concerns.

Definitely recommend the use of this product. :)

Raju N.

Indispensable for us

Reviewed on 2015/08/15

There's no way my team could do what they do - 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year - without the OwnerRez engine whirling away beneath us. Great support people too. They helped us grow from 30 properties to the mid 40s and we should be breaking 50 by the end of the year.

Dawn S.

My "go to" booking and management solution for new vacation rental owner/manager clients

Reviewed on 2020/01/18

I've been a web developer for over 22 years and focused primarily on the vacation rental sector for 6+ years. I've integrated other solutions into wordpress websites and many solutions are just not mobile accessible enough or not as friendly to smaller vr businesses (focus on 50+ properties customers) and have sub par support and documentation. Some just don't work at all as advertised.

OwnerRez is now my favorite solution provider to work with after trying a bunch. They always have my back and I know my clients will all be treated golden. I sure wish more companies were like this!

Pros

I have not once heard a complaint from clients about this product, in fact all are well-pleased with it and how it integrates (totally mobile!) with the wordpress genesis websites we build and customize.

The documentation and support that OwnerRez provides is second-to-none and certainly not found with other solutions that are reasonably priced. In fact, many companies that provide these tools for a lot higher cost have terrible documentation and support. This not only makes my job much easier but also helps my clients.

Cons

Some clients want features that OwnerRez does not yet have. I find that it's not only the perfect entry product for new VR owners/managers but like every solutions, it can have limitations. But they are always shifting and adding new things so doing a good job keeping up with the listing site/industry changes.

Randy J.

Premier Vacation Rental Software with Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2013/10/16

I built my business on the OwnerReservation.com (OwnerRez) software/program. I went from $0 to $250,000 in revenue in 1 year all because of the integration and ease of use provided by OwnerRez. THe program easily integrates with all of the popular sites such as homeaway, vrbo, flipkey and more. They have even set up custom scripts for me to integrate with other sites. My housekeeping contractor can easily keep up with required cleaning by viewing the schedules that are automatically updated by OwnerRez widgets on any web site I want to put them on. They provide custom reports on bookings, taxes, occupancy rates, revenue, etc. all from the program. Also, bookings are automated. The email responses to the prospective traveler provide a bookable link to a secure web page where the traveler agrees to my contract and makes the booking themselves. Calendars on all sites are automatically updated to reflect the new booking and money for the booking is automatically deposited to my checking account next day. The system automatically collects the remaining payments and sends a confirmation to the traveler, automatically sends out an email to the traveler a few days prior to their arrival with custom instructions and finally authorizes a security deposit the day prior to the guest's arrival date. I really have no intervention in the process other than to release their security deposit with a few mouse clicks the day of departure! In fact, I manage all of this using my Android phone
I did an extensive online search before deciding on Ownerreservations.com software. I now have 6 rentals and it's sooo easy to manage everything that has to take place even during the season when we are booked solid for 4 months during the summer with this software. I was able to learn how to operate the software very quickly and for those times when I ran into a snag, the team of support staff at OwnerRez was able to quickly provide support. They provide top notch customer service, all the bells & whistles to make your vacation rental business easy to manage and profitable right away. I truly believe that Ownerrez is the best software available and I highly recommend it to anyone that has a vacation rental.

Sheron S.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

OwnerRez has ben a great boon to my business!

Reviewed on 2020/11/08

I list my vacation rental home properties on several different listing sites and I was having a problem keeping all of my calendars up-to-date. OwnerRez solved that issue. I like the ability to set up different emails that go out automatically after someone books. I also like that I am notified as soon as someone begins the booking process.

Pros

I like the ease of using the software. It does way more than I require.

Cons

At this point, there is noting I dislike about the software.

Eloy G.

We Love OwnerRez!!

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

We tried a couple of others and were left feeling frustrated and with a tool that was inadequate for our specific situation. This product and the customer support team hit a home run with us! Thank you!

Pros

Super intuitive. Software code riders understood the guy like me would be using it. Consistent pattern to every area you working in the software. Super important when you are trying to get your arms wrapped around the software quickly.

Cons

We used to integrate into a property management arrangement and the checklist of integration seemed lengthy. However, the end result was well worth it

Shari T.

Time Saver

Reviewed on 2020/09/20

Love Love Love. Could not imagine managing my rentals without it.

Pros

I love that it integrates with the short term vacation platforms. All my information in one place. No longer do I need to update my website, VRBO, Airbnb, etc. It's all done in one place.

Cons

Although the customer support is quick to reply and very good it would be great to talk to a live person sometimes.

Adam B.

OwnerRez Simplified My Management

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Pros

We were solely using HomeAway/VRBO to manage all of our bookings, but we decided that we needed to give our guests the opportunity to save 10%+ on their vacations by accepting payments through PayPal. The management of those payments quickly got out of hand, but the ability to import those and allow OwnerRez to handle the automations quickly saved our sanity!

We have only been with OwnerRez for a month and a half but the platform has been fantastic and their support has been exceptional as well!

Cons

The system will take a little bit of time to get set-up and configured, but the time spent is well worth it in the long run.

Response from OwnerRez

Adam, thanks for the kind words and thanks for telling others!

Janet S.

Great software program! Would recommend it to anyone building a website for vacation rentals.

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Pros

It does exactly what it is designed to do. Focuses on the needs of those wanting to set up a good vacation website . I commend the owner and staff that designed this software. Owner seems like a really good guy to work with, very professional, good sense of humor, and is extremely helpful.

Cons

As a novice computer person, trying to follow instructional pages that don't speak in simple terms. Can be a little challenging sometimes. However, the support staff and owner are very helpful and seem to take a personal interest in helping people succeed.

Response from OwnerRez

Thanks, Janet! In fact we DO take a personal interest in seeing our users succeed! It matters to us a lot how well you do and the difference our tools make to your business.

Jacques L.

Saves a lot of time and worry with my vacation rental

Reviewed on 2015/08/16

This reservation software does everything I wanted it to. A single interface to update track my calendar, generate welcome emails to customers, take rent payments, track R&M tax collection, and lots more. This totally eliminates the worry of an accidental double booking or having your calendar out of date. The software provides widgets for my web site, such that prospective tenants can always see my up to date availability and when they make an inquiry through the web site, all I need to do is make a few clicks to formally offer a quote.

It's quite configurable, so you can have your automatically sent emails correct for properties which share some characteristics, but not all. And without cutting and pasting, so it's easy to keep everything up to date.

Customer support via the forums or email is fantastic. They've always helped me with anything I couldn't sort out very quickly.

Sharon C.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Thank You OwnerRez!

Reviewed on 2019/08/24

Pros

Everything!! I spent numerous hours each day for a week selecting the right software program to help me manage my property. Wish I had found this a long time ago. You can tell it was designed by homeowners. No other program out there has every single feature I needed, except OwnerRez. Wish I had found this program a long time ago!

Cons

Not one thing. This program is perfect and has everything I was looking for.

Gabriella C.

Never been happier

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

The concierge service was just what I needed - they set up everything, and they're help email is always quick to respond. The staff are all very friendly and willing to ensure you are set up for success.

Pros

The features of the hosted website, my website looks so professional. I was previously using Wix, and the difference in quality is astounding. The channel manager ensures all my photos match to all my listing channels.

Cons

They just removed a fee feature that allowed you to associate certain fees when using credit card processors, but was easily able to adjust and set up a surcharge to cover this.