Bookerville

Vacation rental software for 10 to thousands of properties

Krystal K.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great software. No regrets.

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

We have used Bookerville for years for our log cabin rental business. It has been great.

Pros

Support is the best of any software that we've ever owned or bought in to. The support is quick, responsive, and genuinely interested in helping make the software as effective as it can be.

Cons

The integrations with other services aren't totally seamless (but they're really good and Bookerville keeps on top of necessary upgrades). IMO I think that the bigger rental sites benefit from making these integrations difficult.

Beverly C.

THE BEST DECISION I HAVE MADE

Reviewed on 2013/10/02

First I must say that when I was searching for a booking engine there were many problems with other companies that would not work for my application. I am a Bed and Breakfast. A small property with only 4 rooms. This was a determining factor for my decision in choosing Bookerville.
I was offered a free month to see how it worked for me. I could not use it right away and my 30 days expired. John Amato extended my free trial happily. I have this software system for under a year now and with all the issues I have seen with regular email and other software, Bookerville overcame my expectations in a positive way.
Bookerville offers property breakdown, Custom option offerings to my guests that I can list for a fee or for free. I choose the PayPal option with the 50% deposit.There are many more ways I can use this software, but I do not at this time need to utilize them. I like to offer simple and basic information. Most guests that have tried this site in the beginning asked for me to help them. It was easy peasy for me to do what my guests needed. After a while my repeat guests have been able to book on their own.
There were 2 occasions that the time out was not understood by the guests and the reservation they were working on Timed Out. I called John Amato, the go guy I have always spoken to and emailed. He explained to me about the Time Out thing.
Then there was just recently where a frame was stuck and I emailed John Amato. He found this issue within minutes and corrected whatever it was. I have nothing but great things to say about Bookerville and the software that is offered at a very reasonable rate . What is great is if there is an issue John Amato deals with it quickly and correctly. John emails me and gives me direction on emails and tells me what the issue was and how to overcome it.
I had a past software issue with a different company that was so large that they let me wait 3 days before they got back to me since they did not have a phone number to reach them with. I lost business soI left them.
The 2 issues for my Bed and Breakfast is not a big problem, but John takes this seriously and I feel he goes all out to get the answer and fix the issue. Not hours but Minutes. No lost business or revenue.
Thank you John Amato and his team.
Salvatore R.
Hudson River Valley
New York

Kathy K.

Excellent Product!

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

I have been using Bookerville since 2014 and I cannot say enough good things about the software, my workflow using their software and the customer service I receive. Bookerville allows as much or as little customization as you want for most templates. Automatized e-mails are easy to set up and safe me tons of time. I only have one property and I manage it myself, but I would hate to go back to doing it all without Bookerville! The only issue I have with the software is that setting the rates, length of stay and rules for check in days is always a bit cumbersome but I only do it once a year so it is no big deal. Customer service is fast and personalized and in the USA!

Pros

flexibility to customize it to my exact needs for each booking if needed

Cons

setting up the rates, length of stay and check in date restrictions - I only do it once a year so I have had to write instructions to remind myself of the steps involved - a bit cumbersome

Virginia H.

Very easy software

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

We as business owners saved a lot of time due to this automated booking system. Now we can spend more time with pampering guests.

Pros

It syncs with other major websites and it is easy to understand. Rep answers all questions in a very timely manner and if there are suggestions then rep always has an open ear and tries to implement owners wishes. When I started using this system I was sacred that it would be too complicated, but it is easy and I have added more and more properties within the last years.

Cons

I wished this booking system could summarize net rental values, at least I have not been able to get to those numbers or did not do it right, but it is important to have a recollection on what each rental brings in as net income. Otherwise, there is nothing I would change.

Stephen B.

Useful, But Expensive.

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

I have been using this software for the last four years for a single vacation property I own. Every feature that I needed was in the software plus many features I never used. It does make it possible for a typical owner to manage rentals without going through a rental agency. The annual subscription fee has gone up by 32% over the last 3 years. They should offer a lower price version with less features for those with only one property. Wasn't planning on renewing for the fifth year unless I get a better rate.

Pros

Makes it possible to manage rentals without a rental agency.

Cons

It is expensive and a typical user probably won't need all of the features. Subscription rates has been increasing every year.

Response from Bookerville

This otherwise excellent customer (we love you Stephen!) is unhappy that we were gradually raising prices on older (grandfathered) accounts. But the price we offered him is still less than half the current rate, which is itself well below our competition's pricing, per our research.

Kama C.

Great software for vacation rentals!

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

This is a great software for vacation rentals. The customer service is also great and usually responds within an hour or so. I would recommend using this if you have to manage a lot of properties. There are also API features that you can connect to your own website, if you want to.

Cons

There are minor glitches when calculating monthly vs. daily rent and we have to just double check those, but it has suited our purposed quite well.

Blaine W.

Great experience, great customer support.

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

Pros

Easy to use and once it is set up, it almost runs itself. John is great at quick communication and providing solutions if needed. I sell cabins and recommend Bookerville to all my clients when they choose to turn their cabin into a vacation rental.

Cons

There are several payment options built into the software, but I would like to see Venmo added as another option as well. Overall, the product is phenomenal, especially for the price!

Alicia H.

Nice Software

Reviewed on 2018/03/25

Pros

At A Glance keeps me current on what I needs to take care of with ease. Helps me follow up on items that I may have forgotten on one screen. I also like the ease of giving quotes.

Cons

Payment Reporting - no tracking of cancellation refunds. The software does not handle a tax rate change. So if the tax rate is going to change in the future and you are aware of it you have to manually make the change on each future reservation.

Debbie T.

After 2 years using I'm still discovering features I've not utilized.

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Pros

Its freed up so much of my time. I love that I have a record of guests.Pulls up guests contact info when rebooking. Automates booking cost info. Contract/emails/payments all in one place. I'd never go back to Excel spreadsheets.

Cons

Off hand nothing I can think of that is not unrealistic. Using it is almost like having an assistant taking over the day to day chores its so automated.

Dan S.

Great Experience and Simplifies the VRBO process

Reviewed on 2017/03/17

I was looking for an automated way to manage our vacation home in the Outer Banks when HomeAway started with booking fees last year and negatively impacted my bookings. Bookerville was just what I was looking for. From managing our rentals, to creating automated emails for our guest, to creating an easy to use calendar for our prospective renters to book our home to the easy credit card integration, Bookerville has greatly simplified our lives. In fact, I recommended it to our management company, and now they are using Bookerville.

Pros

Ease of use, easily understood and intuitive.

Cons

N/A

Randa S.

Perfect for handling 30+ rentals. Excellent customer service. Constantly adding new options....

Reviewed on 2017/06/04

Pros

I love the link between Bookerville and Lynnbrook so my guests can pay instantly online. It simplifies the booking process and keeps the guest happy.

Cons

Wish it had a "copy this booking to another location" option. I often get groups booking several locations and it would be nice to just copy the info.

Jason F.

works easily

Reviewed on 2020/09/06

Pros

been using Bookerville for years. It's simple to use and offers a lot of bang for the buck.

Cons

there were a few things i had problems with but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] typically accommodated a change.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Bookerville Vaca rentals

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Pros

Bookerville rental software is pretty great. You can use the reservation settings to allow people to choose which unit they want and set the number of guests, how long they can stay, and itemize pretty much every thing about the rental. It is pretty easy to use as well. You can add the features to your website also. You can set auto responses and get reminders, which for me is very helpful

Cons

So far I have not found anything about this software that I do not like. Even the price is fantastic!

Sam P.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

Overall it has been a great experience. I have no complaints.

Pros

Calendar Integration and Automated Emails to renters.

Cons

There was nothing that I didn't like about this service.

Deborah H.

Can Not Live Without "Bookerville"

Reviewed on 2014/10/20

I have a portfolio of around 50 properties. Some Rental properties, some just privately owned holiday homes. For over 10 years I struggled to co-ordinate and manage these properties, whilst looking for a suitable Property Management software to cater for all my needs. Then I found Bookerville.

I have been using Bookerville for the past 10 months and it has enabled me to not only improve the service I supply to my existing clients, but to take on new clients without hesitation as I know that I have a Management system that I can rely on.

Although US based, the support and service received from John & Cindy Amoto (owners) is second to non, especially as I am based in Spain, with clients from varying parts of the world.

I chose this system, not only based on price, but also its adaptability. Other software's are so rigid. The Set-up process is so simple & straight forward, but John is always willing to help and even to install new and specific enhancements to meet my individual needs, to the point of liaising with other 3rd party suppliers to ensure processes like calendar synchronization are working correctly.

The plus sides to Bookerville are endless, and they are improving all the time. I would recommend this software to any property manager or individual. I look forward to the on going improvements that are always just around the corner.

Salvatore R.

WHAT A GREAT SITE FOR MY BOOKINGS

Reviewed on 2017/04/11

I at times have issues with what I am doing on bookerville. The issues are my issues. If I hit a wall I emailmy rep and he finds a way to send me in the right direction.
Bookerville has what I need. I am now trying to offer a 1 night weekend stay but I need to increase the rate. customer service agent showed me how to get this done.
Once you work this engine a few times it becomes easier and easier.

Pros

If there are issues customer service agent will find them. Usually they are the users issues. You really need to look close, don't rush and take your time.

Cons

Most of the time its ME the users issues. I always try to rush things, and if I read closer I can find the solution. If you cant find the solution an email to customer service agent will fix the issue

Todd J.

cabin and lodge rental

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

Pros

It is easy to set up properties and automate the reservation and payment process.

Cons

So many features sometimes it takes a minute to find what I'm looking for.

Ian R.
  • Industry: Insurance

I am really happy with the software and would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

Made my life much easier and more organised than before I started using it.

Pros

Everything is just easy to use. I only manage one property, but I would imagine if you have many to deal with, life would be so much simpler.

Ric T.

Great Product, Swiftly Getting Even Better

Reviewed on 2015/03/20

The individually customizable properties are equally more and less convenient, depending on how you look at it. Ultimately, we joined Bookerville because of this capability, and the flexibility allowing us to use multiple managers (and individualize their content). However, it takes an overwhelming amount of time if you're trying to move an already established organization (and all of its contents) over.

FAVORITES:
Easy reporting,
***multiple user set-up (managers, home owners, emails, etc.)
customizability, affordability
***customer service.

CONS:
- I think automatically scheduled emails are great. But, certain things need consideration and/or clarification. For example, if the "status" of a reservation is customizable, then we should be able to use those statuses to trigger email responses. Also, none of them mention last-minute bookings and its implications. Without a predictable outcome, the convenience of auto-trigger can have an opposite effect.

There are a few other nit picks I have, but the point is that we're VERY PLEASED with this product, its user friendliness, and the available staff (besides, we can address our issues using the forums provided to us).

Small Platform but Does the Job Well

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

Very efficient way of managing your bookings. Streamlines everything. Very user friendly.

Cons

Small platform with not so many options and more geared towards vacation rentals than anything else.

Response from Bookerville

Can you help us by identifying the options/features you feel Bookerville lacks? Customer feedback is the #1 thing that helps us expand Bookerville's capabilities.

Brittany M.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

Pros

I love how user friendly it is and how helpful the customer service is!

Cons

It can get a little pricey when you have many properties

Jim G.

What a Wonderful Software Solution

Reviewed on 2017/06/23

Pros

The support staff is fantastic!
- Always quick response times
- Happy to go above and beyond

I would highly recommend this solution to anybody

So far, so good. We are a small PM and needed to automate our processes, Bookerville.com is...

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

Bookerville.com reminds us of a universal remote with all the devices you have at your finger tips. It has been a fantastic tool. We love the automated emails, the communication between us and our housekeeping and maintenance contractors. It has simplifed how we do property management for our overnight vacation rental business.

Cons

I can't think of any cons, however, if there is an issue, team is there to assist and improve.

Rodney A.

Bookerville competes with the big software giants at a fraction of the cost!

Reviewed on 2014/11/15

Bookerville has helped me to take my small vacation rental business to the next level without breaking the bank. I feel like we place a lot of demands on what we expect out of the software and it often outperforms my expectations. The software is easy to train employees and contractors to use and it gives you options to customize and "opt-out" or turn off those features that you don't need or use. I stumbled across the software while searching online for something to help me organize my new rental business and after speaking at length with the owner about all my questions, I decided to give them a try. I have never regretted the decision since. The last thing that I want to mention is Bookerville's forums/blog/FAQs. It really is an open book to discuss issues and feature requests. Bookerville, in my opinion, is the best software out there for the money!

Amy P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

LOVE this vacation rental software

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Extremely happy and recommend to anyone running a vacation business.

Pros

The simplicity of the software is awesome. It has everything that I have wanted and more. Customer service support goes above and beyond and has answered my 100 (lol) emails. I even had 2 demos over conference. Can't wait to use more and have access to all the reports.

Cons

I don't have any complaints with the software.