Ecwid

eCommerce software for mobiles, websites and social media

• Industry: Design

Easy To Use - Hard To Customize

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

ECWID makes ecommerce a lot easier than normal which is great for smaller businesses and boutique shops. It allows for a cost effective alternative to the more expensive companies out there.

Pros

This software is easy to teach and can be used on any device. When showing my clients of multiple ages how to add new products and keep inventory they catch on easy. You can integrate your store on different platforms like Adobe Muse, Wix, Wordpress etc. Or create your own generic store using their store builder. There are more options for product variations than most other programs out there.

Cons

Unfortunately customizing your store look is very complicated. You need to have some level of coding to do so or you have to hire a designer to do it for you. The main downside is it doesnt work well if you want to use it or a restaurant. Food options, layout, mixed with customizability does cause an issue in the food industry.

Josh S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A great, low-cost, feature rich option to sell your products

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

This gave us the option to sell our products online and in person while keeping track of inventory and putting on a great looking design and appearance.

Pros

We used Ecwid as a plug in to our website to sell our handmade board games. It was easy to set up through the app store on wix and integrated directly into our website. It also worked directly with our phone and square hardware to be able to create a POS system when we when to trade shows to be able to accept peoples credit cards quickly while emailing them a receipt.

The online store had many design and display options, the ability to put certain things on sale, the highlight items you want to move, and to separating things into different categories. It also keeps great track of your inventory. It really was a one stop solution to selling our product online.

Cons

There was a slight issue when we first started using it for an in person Point of sales system with Square as it would either record our purchases twice with no great way to correct that or it would only show the sale on the square app and not Ecwid so it wouldn't remove the item from our inventory. We eventually got it worked out though through their customer care and all was good.

Catherine L.

Good but doesn't Interface with every web creator

Reviewed on 2016/10/20

I wish there was more interface with Wix. If Wix is allowing users to use the ap, they should also have access to the full functionality of ECWID aps, such as the Multiple Promotions at once feature...otherwise we are happy with the ease of use.

Pros

That is easy to follow the process of an order from processing to fulfillment

Cons

If you sell on a made-to-order basis, there is no way to go and see how many of that item you ahve old over time without manually counting up from the orders. Should be some kind of feature that allows you to view how many times a partcular items has sold on the back end, where you edit the item maybe? If you don't keep an inventory, then there is no way to track and I can't show an inventory because my products are custom and people will think they are in stock and ready to ship, when really they must be created once the order is place. It is misleading to the customer if it says instock.

Does not interface with Facebook to where facebook shows the shop on the business page front. You have to click on a tab or button to get to the storefront. Shopify shows up on the main page of business pages.

Bahaa R.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Ecwid Understand small businesses needs

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

It is great experince , I like it , and I am sure that if i am starting a new store as I planned , it will be only with Ecwid

Pros

the software meets most of the needs to establish and run an e-commerce business, I can't say it is "The Perfect software " because there isn't any". I like the simplicity of building the store, connect with third-party provider in the area of payment, shipping, etc. Also I very much appreciate the customer service proffissinalism in handling the customers issues .

Cons

1- store design and layout
2- the entry of product takes a long time, especially if one deal with hundreds of products, you have to move from page to another
3- it will be nice and very much help if some of the priced add-ins added to the software as a basic element of the software
4- the language used in the FAQ and assistant is not some time clear enpugh

Drew W.

Early Adapter of this Rock Solid E-commerce Platform

Reviewed on 2016/10/21

I started with ECWID a few years after it started. Because of that, I am on the legacy plan and have not upgraded to access some of the advanced features, particularly order editing. I have never lost data, never had a service interruption. It integrates well with my Joomla website. I don't plan to ever change platforms. It is a great service

Pros

Reliability. Never been hacked, never lost service. Rock solid platform. Finally transferred by shipping to an add-on (Shipping Easy) and it has taken much of the manual work off of my plate. Order comes in to my cell phone. Print out the invoice and do the fulfillment. I also like the digital download capability.

Cons

The only feature I miss is order editing. But that is because I have not upgraded to that level of service.

Lauri R.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A New and Creative Business Journey with Ecwid at the Helm, Driving My Dreams.

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

TBA

Pros

Allows me to have total control over options, and showcased on a beautifully organized product page, easy for customers to read and choose options. And we have choices of layouts, and we have codes to help us customize.
The customer service is awesome. I have nothing to judge it against except (very good Everweb ). I know nothing about an e-commerce store. First the videos....most are clear, step by step directives anyone can follow, and anything I don't understand, those who solve all of our problems are spot on with your needs. I barely know what I'm saying at all and they send me to the right place.
I receive instant replies, and I'm truly good to go. Ever person I contacted was just as knowledgable, kind, and helpful as the next. I don't mind paying a it more for that kindness and patience, oh that patience, and compassion.
So the cost for a year of guidance and nice extras, apps, and such, especially the shopping APP, I can offer my customers.
I am new and I have so much to learn yet. But I'm confident that with rep, I will share with the world.
Thank you rep. I appreciate your love for everything as well.

Cons

Nothing so far. You have fixed everything I could not find. I believe I've been able to learn very quickly with all the learning tools and rep has to offer. Any new tools take time. My vocabulary keeps me on a bit of a longer search right now, but as I go I grow. Thank you again.

Michelle G.

I have been with ECWID for 3 years now and have not one bad thing to say - they ROCK!!!

Reviewed on 2017/11/20

Makes my online store extremely user-friendly. I am an amateur web designer and managed to get my store up and running in 2 ticks.

Pros

Very easy to use. Lots of extra add-ons to make the customer experience so much more interesting. It makes my website very user-friendly - I get a lot of feedback in that regard. The customer service is like none other I've ever experienced. They have never not been able to sort a problem out and are very prompt with their responses.

Cons

I feel there needs to be an additional plan between venture and business. There is a HUGE jump from 100 products to 2500 products. I have about 300/350 products in my catalogue and cannot afford business plan - so am continuously having to delete and add products so that all 300 get a "turn" on my store.

Eli G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Best option for low-tech sellers

Reviewed on 2016/10/20

Ecwid is very user friendly and they have added very convenient features that would help any sort of e-seller. I love the features for bulk pricing as well as wholesale discounts for customer groups.

You can grow your business just by using Ecwid as it allows you to automatically list your items in large marketplaces.

We are very satisfied with the service as the value it provides for the price it costs is very high compared to other shopping cart solution websites.

All in all, is the best shopping back-end I have ever used, and have been a customer since 2011.

Pros

Pricing
User Friendly Back-end
Product Options
Wholesale and Bulk Pricing
Easy to Install on any kind of website and CMS

Cons

Sometimes new feature suggestions take too long to be heard.

Shana W.
  • Industry: Design

Completely Positive

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

It allowed me to showcase my business in several different areas of the web:
ECWID store
Facebook
Also my personal store
Integrates with my payment acceptance company
allows me to display my products the way I envision them to be displayed to the public

Pros

No issues or glitches
Solid Build
Store Design Variations
Awesome Customer Support
Well documented guides to read and learn from
Fairly easy to learn and use
Continuous Improvement Updates
Positive Messages and Blogs
Offers a free version
Payment Options Avaliable
No Contracts
Seems to cater more to start-ups and small business owners that do not require all the fancy, expensive software to run their business.

Cons

Themes are Pricey
I'm not fond of the Product qty limitations
We all want "More for your Money" deals

Chelsea W.
  • Industry: Farming

Very Happy with the Experience So Far

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

My overall experience is greatly positive. It has been perfect for my small business and my limited understanding of e-commerce.

Pros

Its ease of use. I'm very far from being tech savvy, so Ecwid is the perfect system for my small business.

Cons

I can't thinking of much, but I suppose if I have to say something, than it could be that I haven't figured out a good way to integrate my favorite shipping service.

Mitch M.

Hiding in Shopify's Shadow

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

Ecwid is a fantastic alternative to Shopify that may not get enough exposure. A fantastic small and quick shopping cart that can easily integrate with your WP site or Facebook (some integrations may require you to be on a higher priced tier on either Ecwid or the target). Ecwid offers something extremely hard to find that should have it a household name, a free tier. While some shopping carts or larger shopping eCommerce hosts offer free trials, you have to commit right away or if they are free then they are something more akin to a hosted market than anything else. Ecwid offers a full feeling for their service with a possible 10 product catalog that you can integrate with your Wordpress site and build things out with confidence, scaling later when you need to instead of having to commit early which means accounting for lower overhead as you build out your presence.

Pros

Fantastic introductory features and pricing - Great bunch of features and integration - Integrates with Square - PCI compliant shopping cart for wordpress

Cons

Some integration for what would be free services are only available on higher paid tiers, which is perfectly fair, but is also a bit of a con and there is some confusion as to which tier you need to be on to unlock certain premium add-ons.

• Industry: Sporting Goods

Easy e-commerce for your start-up business

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Using Ecwid for our business has been a big help. Although we're a small company, we we're able to Ecwid to quickly bring our products online without much fuss. We also transitioned to a paid version to get more out of the service, and so far so good.

Pros

Ecwid gives you everything you need to start selling your items online. I like that they give you an option to put up an actual website if you don't have any presence yet. Facebook integration is very welcome as well in this day and age.

Cons

Once you get the hang of the starter features, it would really do you good to upgrade to a paid plan. It would give you a lot more features to use for your e-commerce website. I wish they'd give you a trial period for the full suite of features.

Derek S.
  • Industry: Machinery

Pretty straightforward to build a store, with some neat functions for product categories.

Reviewed on 2017/09/08

A better organised online store, with the ability to present product lines in ways customers would wish to browse for them, via multiple categories.

Pros

Pretty much ready to work, from the word go, with minimal configuration. There are some very neat way to organise products within multiple categories, to cater for different ways customers may browse for them.

Cons

It would occasionally be useful to have 'phone support during UK timezone office hours. It would be extremely useful to be able to display both the net (without VAT) and gross (with VAT) prices for products.

Carley S.

I love Ecwid!

Reviewed on 2016/10/21

Ecwid is a very easy system to use for your online store. I struggled to update my shopping cart on my wordpress site and it was very cumbersome and time consuming to use. Ecwid is very straight forward and user friendly. Their customer support is prompt and very helpful. They walked me through customizing my store to suit my needs.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

I don't actually sell a product, I use the store for people to sign up for classes. There were a few customizations I couldn't make just because Ecwid is really for selling products. The ease of use and nice look far outweigh the cons.

Sharice S.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

ECWID has made it easy for me to make money through my website.

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Easy to use shopping cart.

Pros

What I like most is that ECWID is a complete package. They have all of the services that I need to serve my customers and make money through my website. The shopping cart and catalog is nicely displayed and clearly organized. ECWID also has great support staff that responds right away and does their best to help.

Cons

I don't particularly like the font that displays on my product info in my website through the ECWID catalog, but I am not sure if it is because I have not figured out how to change it or if it's just the default font.

Matt S.

Easy to use e-commerce management solution

Reviewed on 2018/01/08

Ease of use, clear SKU system and the option to modify the basics structure with third party installations.

Pros

Ecwid is an easy to pick up e-commerce system. It provides all the features you would hope for in a web store, with easy to use solutions to most common problems. They have excellent support staff, who are always ready to help. It integrates easily with Paypal, Sagepay, Facebook, eBay and Amazon.

Cons

While the store is easy to set up, to get the best out of it you should probably have some knowledge of HTML and CSS. It can be somewhat inflexible in it's behaviour. Additional functionality can be added, but isn't always easy to manage without repeatedly contacting the helpdesk or third party engineers.

Joseph T.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

I've worked with a few other software sales products before and found Ecwid to be outstanding.

Reviewed on 2018/04/28

As a new starting painter, this software has been successfully getting viewership for my work without a huge expense.

Pros

The company is very responsive to ideas for improving their sites. The idea of involving their customers in the process of improvement is enlightened, to say the least. Their quick response has really impressed me.

Cons

None that I can think of other than noteriety -- I found them only through a verteran site builder (i.e., word-of-mouth. A company this good needs to be better known.

Elena D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Overall great software, easy to use and intuitive, no glitches. I especially like the app.

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Pros

Overall ease of use and intuitive interface. Easy to add/adjust your product descriptions and prices, easy to see where you orders are, easy to connect with credit card processing platform (I use Stripe), easy to adjust shipping rates. I especially like the app. You can print packing slip from the app, see which orders have not been shipped yet, mark them as shipped and it syncs well with the desktop version.

Cons

It seems like it takes a while to load the product page on the website which is connected to Ecwid. No integration with USPS to print a label, no option to send abandoned cart reminders.

Response from Ecwid

Hi Elena,
Thanks for the review! We do have a couple apps that can print live USPS labels so check those out in our apps section. And we just released a feature update to send abandoned cart reminders so looks like you can use that right away.
Best,
Jesse

Belinda B.

BEST EXPERIENCE .. BEST SHOPPING CART SOFTWARE OUT THERE

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

My customers are able to purchase seamlessly and with ease. Its easy to edit and design the site to my personal taste..

Pros

1-Ease and Functionality 2-Stellar Customer Service 3- Always innovating : I have been using ECWID for BOTH of my businesses for the past 4 yrs..and I LOVE how seamless it is

Jim P.

Multi line Shipping Calculator

Reviewed on 2016/10/20

I got on with Ecwid early. At the time it was the only shopping cart that had so much flexibility for shipping. In my shop some one can buy 2 items or 2002 items and i need to be able to set for everything in between. Easy to use, good value.

Pros

Shipping flexibility

Cons

Customers Cant copy item urls.

• Industry: Printing

Ecwid

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

I have been with Ecwid for over a year now, I have decided it was time to open my Online Store so my customers can start ordering my Wedding Accessories such as: Ring Pillows, Flower Baskets, Toasting Glasses, Knife and Cake Server, Wedding Veils, Cake Topper and more....

Pros

It helped me fine the information I needed to start my online store, I hope to start selling on my nline store soon.

Cons

I had no problem with this software being used, in life there are going to be fall backs you have to learn too deal with it, or try to make it better.

Tracy H.

Ecwid Review 2016

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

I have had very little trouble with Ecwid and the couple of issues I have had were handled by Ecwid customer service with promptness to reply, kindness, understanding and swiftness to find a solution. My experience to date has been great.

Pros

It is user friendly and easy to learn. I have had several employees come on and talked them through and they all caught on the first go round.

Cons

N/A

Gio P.

Easy to learn service for selling your items.

Reviewed on 2017/11/22

Pros

Ecwid is easy to learn and is easy to maintain once you've set-up everything properly. I like the customizable elements and integration with other services like Squarespace.

Cons

I'm hoping to get a consistent UI whether I signed up before or as a new user. This would help tremendously when having multiple accounts to manage.

Karl G.

Great range of easy to use features, and nicely customisable.

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

Pros

ECWID is webbased and very easy to try and then to move on to a reasonably priced 'Pro' version.
My company has particular challenges with presenting our goods which means we needed to customise how the flow worked and needed ECWIDs help. They were always fast (we are probably talking of a response time measured in seconds rather than minutes) at letting us giving us the code to make the changes we needed and talking/ supporting us through the process.

Joe H.

Setup your store in less than a days time

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

Anyone with basic e commerce knowledge will be able to understand this very easily and it wont take much time to setup your own store.

Cons

I would definitely like to see many more integrations with API's. Facebook limits the visibility of vendor shopping applications on handheld devices.