123Signup

Event & association management for membership-based business

Nathan H.

Excellent Product and Service

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

I have really enjoyed using 123signup for our association. It has helped us automate a lot of our processes and has helped us save an extraordinary amount of time and effort so we can focus more on our member services. My experience with 123signup's customer service has been excellent! Any time I have a question or need to make a shift to our organization's structure in the system they have been quick to respond...a huge selling point!

Pros

Our association needed software that could accommodate our complex membership structure and 123signup delivered on this need. The system makes it easy to pull membership reports, attendance reports, financial reports, and it also helps us with distributing certificates for members who attend our events. The event set-up is easy and straight forward and meets all our needs. Overall, 123signup is an excellent product.

Cons

At times it can be difficult to determine which report to pull when seeking specific information. That said, once you figure it out it is smooth sailing there on out. I would also like to see a better email system with the ability to send attachments as I don't believe the email system allows that at this time.

John L.

Pros and Cons on Use of 123Signup Over Many Years of Use

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

Overall, I have been pleased in my use of 123Signup, although the clunky appearance does not appeal to many of my colleagues, who invariably prefer to use Eventbrite for event mailings. We used 123Signup for our newsletters many years ago, but my colleagues switched to Constant Contact and we have since stayed with that vendor for a very long time. Our organization does continue to use 123Signup to manage our membership database, which isn't that demanding a task, so overall, our use of 123Signup has been quite limited in recent years.

Pros

1. Very easy to understand and use.
2. Even with changes, fundamental approach has not changed over the many years that I have used the software, which minimizes the time expended on use.
3. The software has sufficient flexibility to permit me as an administrator to override certain functions like membership payments and event selections.
4. Maintenance of past events in the archives permits repeated use of the same event templates, which is very convenient.
5. There is excellent variety of features to incorporate almost any variation of event registrations desired.

Cons

1. Although very functional, the "look and feel" of the template convey a clunky appearance, as contrasted with the brighter and more modern look of Eventbrite.
2. When sending out emails to members, there is no way to find out prior to mailing which and how many members are included in the mailing based on the filters used, and even after these emails are sent out, the report identifies only the number of members who were targeted, with no further information on which ones were sent the emails.

Victor V.

Learning curve a little high

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

Over the years, 123Signup has been stable, and we've never lost any data. Sometimes we have wanted to be able to manipulate people's records to better serve the client; eg when they cancel for one event but want to be added to another of equal value, and we haven't been able to (figure out how to) do that easily -- or if you can do it at all.

Generally, it is kind of boring and time consuming, but it works, and that's the most important thing.

Pros

123Signup was available when we first needed it many years ago, and it has worked since with very few glitches. The software has much more capability than I have ever learned to use. However, it does the job that we need it to do at a reasonable cost. It is a very stable program.

Cons

Learning curve is a bit high, and it can be clunky. It is not intuitive, and the user has to search through a lot of verbiage to find the subject needed. This can be vexing because the user generally wants instant gratification. It is sufficiently daunting that I've never had any desire to dig around in it and find out what all it will do, but mainly stay with the "minimum".

Michael P.
  • Industry: Research
  • Used Other for 1+ year

123Signup Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Satisfactory. It serves the basic purpose, but it's not as good as I would like it to be.

Pros

I inherited this product as it is what my organization uses. It serves the basic functions that I need in terms of distributing information to the members of our organization.

Cons

The interface seems a bit dated, and it often takes me a lot of time to figure out what to to and how to do it. Most critically, however, is that I often want to send attachments with group e-mails that I send through 123Signup. Unfortunately, the system does not allow this (or, if it does, I haven't been able to figure it out which, in itself, points to a problem). So, I have to upload the documents to some cloud storage location, and insert a link into the e-mail -- it's a solution, but it does mean invoking a third-part system.

Susan P.
  • Industry: Sports

I've been using the system for a while and am very pleased and so is my treasurer.

Reviewed on 2018/01/05

Everything I need.

Pros

The variety of capabilities as well as the expansive reporting options. Our organization treasurer finds the reports very easy and helpful. The Customer Service personnel could not be better! As the administrator, I find this to be a huge plus! I know I can count on them to get back to me when I go to them for help.

Lashaundra F.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

123Signup Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

123Signup is a great tracking system that allows several users to have access. I enjoy the pleasure of reports (variety of reports). I like that I can create the profile how I need to and it generates links.

Pros

The software is user-friendly and there are several reports that can be pulled. I love the Customer Service more than anything. The representatives are very well trained, always polite, and very concise.

Cons

I was not able to go back more than two years.

Maggie N.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I've used 123Signup for my annual conference for 15 years and couldn't do without it.

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Pros

I need something between me and my merchant account and this is the solution. I find it very easy to use, setting up the registration function just how I like it.

Cons

Since I only use it once a year, sometimes I forget certain functionality and have to walk through it again. The help feature could be more user-friendly.

Susan L.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

It works reliably and any issues are solved in a short amount of time by support.

Reviewed on 2018/01/08

Pros

Its easy to use for both myself as the admin and users signing up for our annual conference. It works great for multi-day, multi-session conferences.

Cons

Having to write html. I would like to be able to customize more. I do not like that we are charged for events with $0 registration fees.

Greg K.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A valuable tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/29

Pros

My professional association uses 123 Signup for event management. It provides a rich set of features that allow us to define events, reach out to our members via email, manage event fee collections and event rosters. The product is intuitive to use and delivers a consistent, attractive promotional messaging through its administrative interface

Cons

Templates can be a bit clunky, but this may be a training issue.

Lisa U.

Good tool but there is a learning curve

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Pros

It does nearly everything we need and their semi-recent upgrades have made it easier to navigate.

Cons

There's a decent learning curve (it wasn't like anything I had used in the past) and the accounting aspect of it makes it difficult to reconcile. There semi-recent upgrades have made it easier to use than it was before so I'd bet the learning curve for a new user is less.

Anna B.

WE RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AND SERVICE TO ALL OUR FRIENDS

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

Making ticket sales available on-line through this company has been a great help to our small non-profit organization. It has reduced staff time as well as insured that patrons pay for their reservations at the time they make them. It streamlines the sign-in procedure when they arrive to claim their seats. We don't have to worry about collecting money from them at the gate, figuratively speaking, and if they fail to show up it is their loss, not ours. Most like being able to make on-line reservations 24/7 at their convenience. It took a bit of customer education but it has proved to be a good thing for us and them in the long run.

Jackie Z.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

123Signup

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

This process makes our meeting registrations more efficient.

Pros

This software is easy to use for both registration and reporting. The notification emails are clear and concise, and there is also the ability to add meetings to my calendar.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of at this time.

Fletcher G.

Pipeline Workshops - BuilderVelocity

Reviewed on 2015/04/02

These are a series of smaller workshops. We are consultants, not professional event managers; we are consultants, not merchants. The combination of event management and payment processing services offered by 123signup has been very beneficial. The product is good; the customer/client service is exceptional.

Response from 123Signup

Thanks, Fletcher! 123Signup's customer support is something we take a lot of pride in, so we really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your good experience. Best Regards, Ann Murphy - General Manager

Eric P.

Fantastic and fast support, reliable, not the prettiest

Reviewed on 2015/10/29

Has worked for us for years.
Can be clunky to configure things.
Many changes require support to make.
Thankfully, support is highly responsive and has rapidly provided everything I've asked for.

Response from 123Signup

Eric, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of 123Signup and for your praise of our customer service. We are proud to have supported your organization since 2008 and are working on enhancements that will offer an even better experience in the future. - Ann Murphy - General Manager

Denise J.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Overall good

Reviewed on 2018/01/26

Pros

Easy to get up and running. Was willing to give up the revenue to ensure it was easy for customers. I really dont need to write any more but this is requiring 100 characters.

Cons

Cludgy interface for making changes and having to rely on technical support for some standard changes

Joseph B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Works good and takes a little to get used to.

Reviewed on 2017/08/14

Pros

Nice and accurate information used for both planning and finance. The support was as good as you can ask for.

Cons

Took a while to navigate through. However, there is support to guide you should you want to go that route

Elizabeth S.

I have not used 123 very long, but have had wonderful service

Reviewed on 2018/01/05

Pros

Customer service: Since my organization had changed their type of service, reports were lost, but customer service created a report that provided all the data I needed very quickly.

Cons

The reports tend to be slightly confusing, but I have only begun to use them. Perhaps it's because there are so many reports and, as treasurer, I only need certain ones, while others in my organization need the others.

Jill N.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

scout mom

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

I started using this to manage membership dues, renewals, events for scouts and it has been a blessing. easy to use and see just what is going on fro moth to month.

Sami D.
  • Industry: Wireless

123 Signup

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Pros

Cost efficient for simple event registration.

Cons

Not the easiest to use, hard to tell which report gives you which information, confusing process to send event mail.

Richard Z.

Long term statisfied user

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

We run multiple conferences and rely on 123 completely to keep registrations running smoothly. Almost like electricity . . . it is always there, operating without our attention and delivering accurate results. I appreciate a service/software that does what it is supposed to do without much supervision on my part.

Pros

We have been using 123 for 5+ years as our only online registration system. It easily provides all the services we need to run conferences. I cannot remember if it has ever been down; always there when you need it. The support staff is great and very quickly responds to our requests. It is now an integral part of our operations and we cannot run events without it.

Cons

My only issue is that there are sections of 123 which cannot be customized per event while other areas can be redesigned for a specific event. The support staff does it's best to modify sections when we need it, but some are untouchable.

Dawn N.

Great Product for Membership Enrollment & Event Ticket Purchasing

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

We could not have launched membership enrollment fee without it. It made the ability to convert from a non fee to a fee based company simple because it handles all of the enrollment processing.

Pros

The best part of the product is the ability to set customized automated emails upon renewal of membership.

Cons

Ability to request for donations during enrollment. We use a functionality, but it would be better if it was specifically for donations.
Connection to our database.

Alyson C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

123 is great to work with!

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

123 is great to work with and always willing to help solve any challenges.

Pros

I like the ease of the software and being able to quickly download reports and send mass emails.

Cons

I don't like that customers don't recognize the sender address from 123 and many times gets lots in spam.

Janie B.
  • Industry: Political Organization

Product Review 123Signup

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

This is a great membership tool for member signup; we use it every day for membership and event setup and registration.

Pros

Software support is top notch - very friendly and knowledgeable! It interfaces well with PayPal.

Cons

It doesn't have some features we would like to have (I would like to receive copies of overdue notices sent to members, for one thing) and the user manual needs to be WAY more detailed and inclusive.

Jan R.

Helpful, attentive staff

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

We use this software mainly for conference planning and registration. We now use it for exhibitor, speaker, and general registration - adding new groups each year. It has saved staff a tremendous amount of time.

Pros

The staff always responds to my questions promptly and thoroughly. Even if I feel my question is stupid, they never make me feel that way.

Cons

Sometimes the terminology is confusing, i.e., item versus activity, but otherwise, it is easy to use.

Amanda P.

123Signup is user friendly and affordable for non-profits!

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

I have been using 123Signup for nonprofit organizations for about 9 years now. It is very user friendly and affordable, which is key for my clients. The other software out there, that come with more bells and whistles, is just out of our budget range. 123Signup is always improving and by far has the best customer service around.

Pros

easy to use and affordable

Cons

a tad outdated on the look of software compared to others out there, but they are always improving