Showing 81 reviews of 70

CiiRUS

Intuitive vacation rental and property management software

Showing 81 reviews of 70
Richard B.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Just what we needed!

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

We needed a single piece of software which allowed us the flexibility to connect with a variety of travel companies and property managers via API/XML, websites and online portals, whilst also providing a robust property management and accounting back office system. Ciirus ticked all of these boxes and more, we really couldn't be any happier with our experience.

Pros

The software is very comprehensive, yet easy to understand and is continually updated with new features.

Cons

I honestly struggle to think of things I dislike about the software.

Connie R.

Rent Sunny Florida Loves Ciirus

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

Pros

The training was wonderful with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].The support team responds quickly and always resolves the issue.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helps stir us in the right direction at all times with whatever we need. The entire team is great to deal with.

Cons

I wish it was easier to connect with other channels.

Joshua P.

Easy to use interface & Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Pleasant & Convenient

Pros

Custom Reporting & Real-Time 2 way API

Cons

Missing listing amenities for Airbnb and HomeAway.
We had to change to "Limited Sync" to make certain listing changes.

Catherine M.

Ciirus is user friendly and efficient.

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Ciirus makes quoting and keeping track of guests a breeze.

Pros

From the convenient Dashboard to the easy reports, Ciirus has made my day to day so much easier. Out of all of the softwares that I have used in my years of work, Ciirus has been by far the best.

Cons

Some of the calendar fields, especially in reports cannot be filled in manually, it requires you to scroll through month by month and when you are trying to pull a report starting from 2017 it could be a bit tedious.

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Catherine,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. It has been a pleasure for all of us to work with you and your company. I do have some good news, I think I can solve the con that you listed. When you want to go back in time on a report, instead of clicking the arrow to go back month by month, if you click on the name of the month, it changes so that each time you click the arrow it goes back one whole year. If you have any trouble with this, feel free to email our team at [email protected] so they can give you a walk through. Thanks again for your loyal business!

The CiiRUS Team.

Justin S.

Good Software With Lots of Opportunity

Reviewed on 2020/09/06

My overall experience has been very positive and I would recommend Ciirus to all property managers in the Vacation Rental industry.

Pros

Integration with Beyond Pricing is a life saver and this may be my favorite feature. I also like the LOS discount, rate set details, and Property Assistant.

Cons

Constant glitches in the IMAGES portion of Homes and Details. For two years we have has constant issues with uploading or deleting photos that caused us to lose dozens of hours and days over that time-frame. A tiered LOS discount or seasonal LOS discount would be amazing and I understand that is coming. We need that now and are patiently waiting on it.

Franco C.

Ciirus Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

I kind of was expecting a little bit more.

The user interface is complicated compared to the previous software I used. Some basic features are missing such as the ability from a guest to book direct from a quote we send.

The new mobile version is not user friendly and was a big disappointment.

The Quickbooks integration should be great if working properly. Support team tried helping but when I started using real life it seems not be integrated properly. I'm waiting the end of the year to seat with my CPA and try to adjust that with his help.

Pros

Channel Partners Integration
Quickbooks integration

Cons

Mobile Version
Quickbooks Integration Support. I seek for help but the way I'm integrated is not correct.

Laura K.

CiiRUS

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

I was told that data mitigation and setup would be easy. It ended up being extremely time consuming and a daunting task, so I decided to PAY EXTRA to have the CiiRUS team do it for us. I later found out that even after paying, they still needed me to go in and fill out a bunch of info that was already listed on our current platform. There is also a long wait for training sessions and the user manual is, in my opinion, not clearly thought out and overly complicated to follow.

Pros

It links directly up with Airbnb & HomeAway which makes my life easier since I can use one platform to update all my listings. They also offer email marketing which is nice.

Cons

The on boarding process is horrible. The onboarding team wasn't very helpful at all and weren't willing to connect with my current software's API.

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Laura,

Thanks very much for leaving us this feedback. What you've described is way below the lofty standards that we set for ourselves in terms of customer experience. I apologize that it was not as easy to get going as you had hoped. I am sure that we can do better and correct these mistakes.

Since your onboarding period around a year ago, we have significantly increased training and data migration resources to make the transition smoother, and give you more tools to be successful. Would you mind sending an email to [email protected] so that our team can better understand your pain points and correct this experience? It is so important to us that the software delivers value to your company and that you are happy with our services. We look forward to hearing from you.

The CiiRUS Team

Edney S.

Perfect Vacation and Management Software

Reviewed on 2017/04/26

CiiRUS is working perfect for our business. Our company uses CiiRUS since we start in this business and we never have any problem using CiiRUS.
The technical support and training team are always available to help us with our questions.

Pros

friendly system.
easy to operate it.

Cons

no mac version Yet

Response from CiiRUS

Thank you so much for your feedback and insight. We are glad to have you on board.

Michelle R.

Great System & Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

Great Customer Service and easy to use

Pros

Easy to use and mobile-friendly and always responsive

Cons

Always needing a password for same-day log in when using a mobile app

Gail P.

Short-Term Vacation Rentals

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

Pros

Ciirus is the second software we have used for our vacation rental business, and between the two, it is definitely easier to use and more reliable. Customer Support is always ready to help, and if they cannot fix a problem right then, which they usually can, they will work on it until complete. Always friendly.

Cons

A few inconsistencies pop up occasionally, but are usually corrected quickly.

Brian W.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great option for Salesforce Inbox

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

Quick and easy setup. It does exactly what it's supposed to and is a great alternative for Salesforce Inbox.

Cons

It doesn't always sync smoothly and I've had some hiccups with the information not always saving properly in Salesforce.

Sarah G.

CiiRUS helps my business

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

Ciirus is good to manage my listings.

Pros

The ability to sync to 25 channels with one time imput

Cons

It's a little difficult to navigate through.

Jamie G.

Best Vacation Rental Software On The Market

Reviewed on 2015/08/18

The Ciirus platform is very flexible to any companies needs. We are based out of central Florida with nearly 500 units and Ciirus has gone well beyond just fulfilling our needs. Ciirus has helped increase work productivity but most importantly increased reservations by up to 50%!

I have nothing but good things and praises to say about everyone and everything with Ciirus. If anybody is on the fence about switching to Ciirus, don't be. The sooner you make the switch the better.

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Jamie, thank you! We are happy to supply your company with a great product and customer support that allows you to maximize your business potential. The CiiRUS team thanks you for being a loyal user.

Ciirus has helped me jump start my business

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Helped get a head start on my business

Pros

Customer Service is great, quick, and very helpful. Software is easy to navigate and use. Easy to find homes, add homes, features, descriptions, etc...

Cons

You need to pay or contact support for certain access. A little expensive when you have a lot of properties but they have options you can work with.

Lin C.

Constantly improving

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

I like that Ciirus still feels like a family run business. They clearly care and remain approachable as they grow year on year. All the staff seem committed and passionate in working toward more innovative and better software.
In the past their enthusiasm to improve too much too quickly didn't always work out well but more recently they have grown their team and Im seeing lots of good upgrades and additions. Too many to keep up with sometimes.

Pros

I like that I have full control and can easily correct entries and manipulate booking data. Some other softwares makes both difficult. I love useful little features like Set Booking Total. Also that there are constant improvements. Cirrus do listen and react to their clients comments.

Cons

I'm a Mac user and Ciirus has always been PC based so the first 6 years were problematic. The long awaited Ciirus 1 has addressed that problem, but still has a way to go to be as responsive as the desktop version.
I wish there was the ability to more permanently customize the booking schedule, reports, etc to my specific needs (perhaps it's a Mac trait:). Also to be able to customize the appearance and lay out of owner statements which are IMHO too long and confusing.

Bill M.

Failed Implementation - Know what you are buying

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

Overall it was an extremely expensive learning exercise for us. Their onboarding fee is quite high and I'm still not sure what we paid for. Basic implementation training can be achieved with their video training, they scrape the websites of existing bookings on HA to build properties, they use pretty basic templates for websites. As I said we were 5 weeks into implementation. Go Live Day we only had 1 channel semi operational. AirBnB and it was not collecting taxes correctly. TripAdvisor and Home Away followed about a week later but we learned what we thought was their responsibility was really our responsibility to work with the channels to get the changes done. Booking.com was never implemented and it represents 30% of our business so in reality I would say we never really were live. We had many software issue/problems and honestly I expected we would have some. It is software. It was very concerning though when core functionality just didn't seem to work correctly. They advertised on their website an integration with a smartlock company that didn't exist and of course it was the one that we needed. Automated payments weren't very automated... automated emails worked as long as the booking occurred prior to your automated send times otherwise you had to force them to go manually. We found that we were ultimately having to touch ever booking to post payments for AirBnB, to put in door lock codes, to make sure emails were sent and to resend etc.

Pros

We originally chose Ciirus because we were told they were fully integrated with the channels we did business with and they have features and functionality to support our electronic doorlocks, revenue management, housekeeping and guest portal. Unfortunately, we couldn't get it all working and after about 5 weeks of trying pulled the plug.

Cons

There are two versions of the software... the SAAS version that they call ONE and a Windows version. ONE supposedly is their go forward platform but it is difficult to use from a booking/reservation management standpoint and while the Windows version does a pretty good job for callin reservations it lacks all of the functionality of One. We found ourselves bouncing from screen to screen to find reservations and manage the components of the reservation that are needed. The user experience has you opening lots of different modules to be able to get details you need. Very disjointed. Guest communication is a big deal for us... SMS we never could get working and were told it only works with their CRM for automated messaging... you can't send an SMS on the fly if you needed to quickly reach out to a guest. None of the messaging is connected to the booking itself so you don't know what is scheduled to go out or what has been sent without jumping through hoops to get it. They have integrated the AirBnB messaging but again it is separate, not part of the booking and you have to jump to a different module and filter things to get what you need. Ask they why you have to use Mailchimp. Taxing for ABB does not work if you have ABB remit only a portion of the taxes and pass the remaining taxes onto the property manager to file. Booking.com has to have a very specific setup (if you use Group Home in Booking.com you will need to change) that we found at the last minute.

Ashley K.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

CiiRus is good. I feel like it can be great if it gets all features to function properly. Trey is great over at customer support, I feel like he makes our CiiRus experience a lot easier and help make sense of things. If it were not for him my review may reflect differently. There's just a lot of features still needing to be worked out.

Pros

What is the best about this software is all the features it has. However some do not work to the best ability and are faulty. Hopefully the updates will fix this.

Cons

I do not like how every time you would like to include financials it has all the column choosers pop up every time and doesn't save the amount you would like to keep. Just a hassle. Its a lot to look at and is annoying when you need to just see a few rather than all columns.

We have been using Ciirus since it started.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

I like the easiness of the program and the way you can navigate through all aspects. Also the integration aspect with other programs and websites makes it super easy to run our business!

Cons

The company is rapidly growing and they are loosing the lack of personal care they use to have. They are making so many changes to the software constantly and it becomes hard to keep up. Then it is very hard to also try and get in contact with someone who can help.

Mandi S.

We are so glad we switched from our previous reservation software.

Reviewed on 2017/05/29

Pros

The software is easy to use, the layout allows you to navigate seamlessly through the system Ciirus meets all our needs from putting in work orders, allocation of cleans and placing reservations. This is a multi faceted system.
The team at Ciirus are very helpful and really want you to succeed. Since joining with Ciirus we have increased our bookings with being able to partner with Homeaway, Airbnb, through their system. We have basically cut down our errors to zero, as long as the data is inputted correctly, Ciirus is always right lol.

Cons

There are so many facets to the system, we are learning new things and coming across new ways of working. I would definitely recommend detailed training on the system, especially when you first start to use it. The Ciirus team are so helpful

Marcio T.

Central Piece in our Operations

Reviewed on 2017/04/17

Ciirus has been an important part of our operations. Besides its core functionalities are central for our company, our relationship with the whole team makes all the difference from the self-proclaimed major software packages competition out there. Thanks guys! Keep on rockin!!

Pros

Software has a vast amount of crucial features and it is useful in all aspects of our operations enabling all departments interact within the same environment.

Cons

It demands a significant learning curve to integrate the whole team into it.

Terry W.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Awesome Software

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

I chose the software several years ago because (a) I thought is was the best software and (b) I thought the company had a better understanding of the vacation rental market and a better understanding of the future of vacation rentals.

Pros

World class software, easy to learn and use, very training including endless videos, very good distribution, very good automations, very good reporting and accounting.

Cons

Not compatible with Mac users. V-2Cloud is a work around but makes the software clunky to use.

Kerry N.

CiiRUS software makes vacation property management way easier!

Reviewed on 2019/10/19

Pros

The CiiRUS team is always working to improve their product

Cons

Reports functionality needs to be easier to customize

Great ideas that fall short on delivery

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Ciirus was a last minute decision to help assist with the purchase of a rental company. They have great ideas and could be a major player in this field. They unfortunately are trying to expand and grow too fast to keep control of the program, therefore failing miserably with customer satisfaction.

Pros

The concept of the whole program that Ciirus has come up with is great, and they have a lot of good ideas on the platform

Cons

The program is loaded with bugs and glitches that makes using it a regular frustration. Getting help from the help desk in not as quick or easy as you would expect, even a non reply occuring every now and then. I've even been told regarding one of the glutches that they can't figure out why it changes the dollar numbers from one screen to the next. Kind of an important item in business, not to mess with billing. Last update crashed my computer, and locked me out of Ciirus for over a day.

Response from CiiRUS

Thank you very much for this feedback. I'd like to learn more about the specific difficulties you've encountered and see what I can do to help. Your experience described is not consistent with the larger sentiment from our happy customers, so it's extremely important we have the opportunity to deliver that same value to you. We have brought in significant resources to track with the heightened demand for our services - it's unacceptable that you've experienced such delays and errors. Would you mind emailing [email protected] so we can talk more about the problems you've had, and do what we can to correct course? Thank you so much.

The CiiRUS Team