Showing 102 reviews of 82

Web-based trucking & freight broker software for SMBs

Showing 102 reviews of 82
Larry F.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Tailwinds is my office support staff

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

My company has made great advances because the software allowed me to have good record keeping and dispatches with information not having all the extra paperwork in files but only the backups. Efficiency of what this has allowed me to do by giving me the time. can do the work of 3 people

Pros

There are many features that make it the ease of taking little time for paperwork when doing dispatch and keeping track of loads. You will have information on Loads, Customers, Vendors at your fingertips There is a superb support staff that is there to help.

Cons

I have a hard time finding something i don't like Are there some that could improve? Yes and they have worked on them and made them 100%

Peter K.

Using Tailwind

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

Great experience. Easy to use and support is at your fingertips with high quality videos tutorials. technical support is very responsive should you require assistance.

Pros

Web based interface with proven stability is a key factor to the Tailwind Product. It does everything you need in terms of a transportation management system.

Cons

No ability to tap into the database and create custom reporting on your own without creating an expensive API.

Response from Tailwind Transportation Software

Hi Peter, thank you for the review. Our new Unlimited tier that we launched in September includes API web-hooks which might help.

Altaf M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Powerful Tool for Small to Medium Trucking Operations.

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

Tailwind is a must have for any trucking company, big or small. Using tailwind has really cut down the amount of time spent each month on administrative tasks. We are looking forward to growing with Tailwind and are excited to see the software evolve.

Pros

The biggest pro for tailwind is its customer service and development team who take your feedback very seriously and are always ready to help you out The software changes every day and if there is a feature or functionality that may not be available, a simple suggestion of yours might just be in the next update. Another pro of the tailwind software is the pricing. When compared to other TMS's, the tailwind system offers the same features of the enterprise and large suite transport systems bundled in an affordable system that you can really customize to fit your needs, and there is no initial setup cost like many other programs. Tailwind also offers free webinars every week for you to either brush up on the software or train a new employee which is very convenient. The system is online based so you are able to access it anywhere and at any time and does not require you to set up a server in your office like many others. One of our favorite features of this software are all the integration, the tailwind team has partnered up with the best service providers (Truckertools, Border Connect,RMIS etc), in the transportation industry to provide an immersed experience when using the software.

Cons

There are not many cons to Tailwind but being an online-based system comes with its negatives as well, and the biggest downfall of the system is that it can be very sluggish at times taking a few seconds to load between screens, and does not fully load the page at times. The software also lacks the ability of end-user customization of documents and the interface. Another con is that the software is mostly designed as a full truckload system and lacks in features for the consolidation of LTL. The accounting portion could use some work as well.

Response from Tailwind Transportation Software

Hi Altaf, thanks for the great review! We're glad to hear that Tailwind has helped you reduce the time spent on administrative tasks so you can focus on growing your business!

Jane G.

Love this Software

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

We switched our TMS system and had so many problems. Finally, after 4 months we switched to Tailwind...and we have never looked back. It's been nothing but a positive experience! The bottom line is they overpromised and underperformed!

Pros

User friendly. It is very easy to use. And when I can't figure something out, support is right there to help me! It is also affordable!

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing about Tailwind I don't like.

Response from Tailwind Transportation Software

Hi Jane, we appreciate your review!

Jason D.

Best TMS Software

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

This software allows us to keep track of shipments, send out rate confirmations and even invoice customers all through the same easy to use application.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and intuitive. It can be used anywhere and has the features that other softwares charge 10+x the amount for.

Cons

Each new device you use the software on, you have to reset the setting, but not something that happens very often. Minimal cons to this software.

Response from Tailwind Transportation Software

Hi Jason, thanks for the great review!

Genevieve H.

Could be better

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

Pros

Being able to look back at any information, finding everything a particular truck/driver/trailer did for a certain time period. It has a lot of reports. All these were not available with the last program we used but we did not have a dispatch program prior to Tailwind. Tailwind is user friendly once you get to know your way around.

Cons

Support could be better, we have requested some add ons a few months ago and we've had no word on when this would take place. Some of the changes made by Tailwind seemed unnecessary and caused more issues for us.

Response from Tailwind Transportation Software

Hi Genevieve, thanks for the feedback! We will take a look into your suggestions to see what changes need to be made in order to provide an optimal experience. Our support team is usually very responsive especially in the in-app chat, so we will review what happened there.

John T.

Excellent TMS

Reviewed on 2016/06/23

Tailwinds is very user friendly and has customizable features that can be done at the user level or through their support network.
Run into an issue? Just call or email their support team, responses are always quick and solutions just as good.

Pros

We are continuously utilizing more and more of the components of the software every day. TW can be as small or as large a part of your TMS system as you want it to be.

Jack O.

Irish Review

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

I have been very pleased with Tailwind. Overall it is very user friendly and the staff is very responsive when I am needing assistance. It has all the features that we need as a 3PL user.

Pros

User Friendly, Integrations, adapting to our needs.

Cons

Quickbooks implementation, Speed of software at times.

Response from Tailwind Transportation Software

Hi Jack, thanks for your review! We're glad to assist you!

Sheila A.

Tailwind TMS

It is easy to use.

Pros

I love that it integrates with QuickBooks Online. This makes it easy for our accounting side of operations.

Cons

Occasionally the drivers have problems seeing their load confirmation information. This mostly has to do with our owner/operators.

Response from Tailwind Transportation Software

Hi Sheila, thank you for the review!

Lovepreet B.

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

Pros

I like how easy it is to use the software, easy to navigate.

Cons

Sometimes the software is really slow and I have to reload a lot

Response from Tailwind Transportation Software

Hi Lovepreet, thanks for your review and the feedback! We are sorry to hear you are having to reload the software at times. We are always updating our software to provide the best experience for our customers. Your issues have been brought to the attention of the development team to ensure adjustments will be made.

Simon T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

User friendly and highly functional hosted TMS

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

I was up and poking around the system within a day. Tailwinds set me up with live training webinars which gave me a good tour of the system functionality. There are more (free) in-depth webinars available which I haven’t taken yet, but the system is so intuitive and easy to use that I haven't felt the need to. Data is easy to export to work in spreadsheets. Forms are all there like invoices, bol, etc... Tech support is very responsive and easy with the the online chat and phone.

Pros

I was able to setup my new Freight brokerage business and be up and running with my first loads within a week of getting setup on Tailwinds.

Cons

I wish is was more customizable. Specifically the email forms from the system. Being able to customize email subject lines with data variables, etc..

Gretchen H.

Very pleases with the classes and satified with Tailwind

Reviewed on 2016/06/09

The training classes were informative and Lynda thoroughly answered all of my questions. I am very new to the transportation industry - Lynda took the time to explain the terminology to me so I have a better understanding of the industry in general and my business specifically. The program is fairly easy to understand once you go to training and if you access Lynda to have a private session. The program absolutely saves me time by helping me to get organized with my tasks. I deal with the accounting side of the business and because Tailwind has a colour coding system in place, I am able to see what invoices are due ahead of time. I will be able to get my invoices in and out ON TIME. My staff in the Dispatch side of the business tell me that Tailwind has really helped them to do their jobs well. Lynda, has a very nice demeanour and voice so she is not only knowledgeable but also very easy to listen to.

Gretchen Hayes, Reliable Source Logistics
Account Manager

Brian S.

Usage

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

Pros

I used the old version, much more user friendly. This package is very difficult to use.

Cons

not user friendly, too many obstacles at every corner.

Response from Tailwind Transportation Software

Hi Brian, thanks, the feedback! We're sorry to hear you're having troubles switching from the on-premise to online Tailwind TMS. While switching to a new system is rarely easy, we do offer in-app support, free online training sessions and demos, and even free 1-1 'health-checks' to make sure you're able to get the most of the software.

Ashley G.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Helpful Pinterest Support

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

We use Tailwind to populate Pinterest pins from website, blog, and social media content. It has been super helpful in tracking pins performance.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use- simple and worth the time put in for the results.

Cons

Having multiple team members operate our one account has ha some snags.

Roxanne L.

We made the transition from a custom DOS program to Tailwind last year 2015

Reviewed on 2016/02/03

Our old system was DOS based and when we upgraded our computers we needed to get a new Transportation Management System. After a year of using Tailwind, I feel like I understand how to use the system, I can get help when I have a problem and I have the ability to cross-train with my staff so the system is continually adapting to our evolving business needs.
In just 1 year Tailwind Support has grown and it shows. As a Platinum customer, when I call in with a technical issue, your support team answers the phone promptly and logs into my system to help me. They can see my screen, I love learning and your support team helps teach me how to tackle my software issues. Customer service is better than ever. I would recommend to all of your customers to choose a Platinum level Maintenance and Support Plan.

Chris C.

Teaching Tailwind

Reviewed on 2010/10/01

Use it, you won't be disapointed

Pros

Love the program. As a teacher at McBride instructing Dispatch training, I find the Tailwind program perfect. Even students with minimal computer skills find the program easy to use. As I don't have 20 years worth of computer skill, I was unsure as to how quickly and how well I could learn the program. Rest assured, if you can turn on a computer, then you can do tailwind. I would recomend(and I have) the Tailwind program for anyone looking for a good dispatch software program.

Cons

no complaints

Dana N.

I would recommend this system to any company that had a large enough fleet.

Reviewed on 2009/05/06

I would recommend this system to any company that had a large enough fleet.

Pros

This system is great for trucking businesses. It is fairly easy to learn and has lots to offer. I have yet to stop learning new things from this system. The Driver Pay Wizard is very handy for my department. I am able to immediatley determine if PRO#s have or have not been paid to a driver. My old method was to look through every check they have received from us!

Cons

I sometimes receive some errors that are just randomn. Customer support is always there to help! Thank you Kenny and Kyle...

Donna F.

Feedback

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

Pros

Web base, the support team, the flow of the system

Cons

quotes - we should be able to add multi rates (ie 1, 2,3 skids...etc)
would be nice to sort by carrier equipment

Response from Tailwind Transportation Software

Hi Donna, we appreciate your feedback!

Amardeep S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great software for start up trucking companies

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Pros

You can really save a tonne of time and effort by using Tailwind to it's full advantage. Easy to use and great to stay organized

Cons

It can be a bit slow and glitchy at times

Response from Tailwind Transportation Software

Hi Amardeep, thanks for your review!

Handeep S.

Easy and efficient

Reviewed on 2016/05/13

Tailwind has made our daily routine much easier and efficient. Tracking equipment, payables and receivables, as well as, sending orders and quotes is quite simple. Tailwind's support department is good, anytime we have a problem we are able to get answers promptly. I did a little bit of training with Tailwind's trainer, but I mostly learned how to use the system by navigating through it on my own. I found it easy to use, it made sense to me.

Balihar M.

Excellent program for Transportation.

Reviewed on 2009/05/10

Excellent program for Transportation.

Pros

Very user friendly, very simple and easy to find information. I can get information from 3-4 years from using the system about driver, power units, trailers, customers, vendors etc.

Cons

Load Planning could be a little better.

Greg D.

I have used the software since its inception and experience all the updates

Reviewed on 2016/05/26

The software is easy to understand and provides all TMS functions from dispatch, AP, AR, to account management reporting. It has some nice features due to its integration with mileage programs, posting sites, and reporting. CMS supports multiple users and most importantly works using multiple currencies for CDN and USD.

Some sections need improvement because of extra page clicks, but I am told this will be addressed soon.

Tyler H.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great for a new Broker

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

We are a 3rd party broker that needed a software to create load confirmations and Invoices. This software perfectly achieves that task and a good price.

Pros

Over the last 3 years we have had no issues with the software breaking at any point. When I log in I am confident the software will work and allow me to complete the tasks at hand. This is big as down time due to software bugs isn't something that would be acceptable.

Cons

Minor nuisance, when a repeat carriers liability insurance expires there is no way to make this change within the current dispatch you are working on you most exit and edit that specific vendor and then go back into the dispatch to create the required load confirmation.

Response from Tailwind Transportation Software

Hi Tyler, we are glad to hear about your positive experience using the software. We look forward to helping you feel the wind at your back as your company continues to expand!