Picatic

Web-based event listing, ticketing and management platform

Titus F.

Great platform

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Pros

The ability to add surveys to ticket types so that we can create the right attendee experience. We have used these surveys to provide the right type of swag bag for our conferences.

Cons

The functionality of the Android app could be improved so that its a more useful tool for my volunteers checking people in at the door

Adam S.

We are satisfied with the service that is provided to us via picatic

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

Pros

We like the ease of use, and the interface is great feature. Stripe payments us a nice feature as well.

Cons

The lack of a sold out function, if we could have sold out header come up on the site after the tickets are sold out.

Great for event management and centralizes multiple aspects of event in one place

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

Pros

- Amazing for ticket management because I can monitor promo code use, entrance lists and create attendee reports
- Creates a shareable link which makes it easy to send to potential attendees
- Very user friendly and easy to navigate

Cons

- I don't like that I feel i need to charge more for tickets
- Would like to have more than one administrator for events instead of having to share a log in
- I wish they had a searchable database
- I wish there was a 'email all attendees' option

Karen F.

Very good

Reviewed on 2016/02/02

Great product.
For the most part, easy to learn and use.
Customer service is excellent.
A couple of pointers would have made for a better experience first time through:
- before I can click on "live" let me know what i *can't* change once its live i.e. web address
- more clarity about pricing ... i felt that i had to do some searching to figure out what my ticket price would be, and whether I needed pro or not, and what I would need to purchase (in addition to picatic) to be able to charge for events.
One very minor bugs:
- in the event information panel, when I click on country, and then move my cursor to the next line, the country changes. This has happened with each of the four events I've made. I've discovered the workaround is to fill in the city first, then the country then the province i.e. not the order you've got them on the page.

Hans S.

All I needed

Reviewed on 2018/05/12

Pros

The design of the event page looks very neat and stylish. No need to create my own events landing page. It's very quick it easy to create a good events landing page.

Cons

The user interface is a bit fiddly and I would like to see more option to make the events page bespoke, by moving features around on the events page.

Hal N.

One of the keys to the success of the Stanstead House Concerts Network - SHCN

Reviewed on 2015/11/30

We began leveraging the power of Picatic about halfway through the 2015 Season of the Stanstead House Concerts Network. My only regret is that we should have started earlier. The team at Picatic is responsive - even when dealing with a small family music project like ours. They have answered our questions and resolved any issues - almost all of them due to operator-error (mine) with patience and understanding. Working with Picatic allows us to focus on actually hosting concerts rather than having to deal with all of the minutia related to ticket sales. The unique url links are excellent for promoting our events on social media - and our audience members report the purchasing process is quick, easy and secure. Quite frankly, Picatic has been one of the keys to our success.

Marjorie S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

The platform has been a great addition to our events.

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

I have recommended this software to my entire team, by the way!

Pros

The sponsor feature is nice. I like that the branding appears to be more like my company rather than Picatic.

Cons

I don't like that we can't call someone.
I wish there were a few more features or enhancements that I enjoyed from Event Brite.

Amanda G.

Beautiful Product, Easy to use

Reviewed on 2015/04/10

We used Picatic for our annual EV Race/Rally, The E-mazing Race.

The event was really easy to set-up - it took about 15 minutes and we were live, selling tickets. The Wordpress plugin worked great and was easy to implement on our website. Our users have varying levels of technical skill and had no problem with checkout/ticket purchasing. (Our registration more than doubled over the previous year) We were also able to manage our registrants easily; gather survey information, contact registrants, and them to email lists.

Would definitely use this service again, and recommend it to others.

Ginelle P.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Picatic is easy to use, convenient and they provide great customer service when needed.

Reviewed on 2018/05/19

Pros

I like it's functionality, ease of use and ability to create a aesthetically pleasing landing page from the information you provide.

Cons

I have no negative comments regarding the software at this time. I wish you could have more historical data and keep more of your past events on the site, but that would be my only comment.

Ammaar M.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy to use, which results in an appealing page and good results

Reviewed on 2018/05/13

Massive marketing of our event

Pros

Easy to use.
End result looks great.
You can also add your sponsor logos here, which platforms don't usually provide.

Cons

I have not come across anything i don't like about this platforms as yet. It's a great item to have while marketing an event and selling tickets!

Daniella B.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great customer service and easy to use functions

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to add video and images. Aesthetically pleasing and easy to track sales and monitor progress of event.

Cons

Fees are a little high and it would be good to be able to upload more than one video. Also to speak with someone on the phone if there is a burning issue

Sonia T.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Useful

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

registration was a bit easier to manage for my week long events

Pros

I was easy to use once I figured out all the possible toggles and options when creating an event. It was pretty easy to get things laid out the way you want it to look.

Cons

I had to email updates to registrants for each event that I had created over the week and the system crashed on me several times and mis-sent some of my emails. I wish that the ticket information can be edited more than it currently is.

Trina O.

Easy, efficient and customer service extraordinaire!

Reviewed on 2016/01/07

The software is easy to work with. The only difficult thing is when setting up payment method can sometimes be difficult but whenever I have an issue it is quickly resolved with the fantastic customer service I receive from your team.
I have recommended pic-a-tic to other charity groups I work with as it is one of the easiest.

Florence B.

Picatic is the perfect option for ticketing small events

Reviewed on 2015/04/24

We have used Picatic to sell tickets for our Business Leaders Luncheon for several years now. It is easy to use and tech support has been very helpful over the years - five stars to the Picatic team! We truly appreciate their contribution to Literacy for Life!

David C.
  • Industry: Sports

Excellent So Far!

Reviewed on 2018/05/13

Lower costs for ticketing
Improved customer experience

Pros

Regular updates from the development team
Attractive and easy to use user interface
Great communication on new features

Cons

No real control about what information is displayed on the guest list
Being able to display information from Surveys would be ideal!

Zaib Z.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

This is very easy to use platform. I host events all the time with my NPO and picatic makes it...

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

User Interface is very cool.
Intuitive
Looks very slick
Not too technical or complex
Background options are amazing

Cons

too many clicks to set up an event - Whenever I have to set up an event, it seems as though I have to go through a lot of points. I believe it can be made even shorter.

Allan D.

Good user experience

Reviewed on 2015/04/10

Throughout the product it seems there is a good attention to detail. I like the "choose your rate" feature'it leaves the user always feeling satisfied. Don't have any significant criticisms at this time. Good job guys.

Reko W.

It tooks some time to navigate all the features. It has an odd layout but ultimately it is...

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

It is easy to use, connects with stripe, chimp mail and other apps which help promote and connect. Its a good app

Cons

The confusing layout of the desktop site anf the over simplicity and basicness of the mobile app. It has room to improve on both of these.

Sara P.

I've enjoyed some of the feature as the ticket designer, but our customers have had many...

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Using this product helped me learn what features I truly need and am looking for in a ticketing service so that I could make an informed decision on the next company we choose.

Pros

I like the sleek, professional look of Picatic. I like that it easily integrates with our website. I've had helpful customer service.

Cons

I don't like that it makes me create the same survey every time I make a new ticket. I don't like that to pay with an invoice customers have to click "OFFLINE", which is very confusing and often unclear that this option will allow them to do an invoice. I don't like that I can't customize the email or the invoice that goes out to customers after they've bought a ticket. I don't like how much time I've spent manually putting in customer information because so many of them have had trouble using this product. :(

Sabrina B.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Easy to Get Up and Running Quickly

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

Picatic is very user-friendly and easy to set up quickly. Its fees are less than similar sites. The customer service is very responsive and they have a great help section for when you get stuck.

Cons

The only issue I have had is with the map feature pulling the wrong address even if the address is entered correctly. This has caused some confusion with event attendees but nothing major.

Michelle B.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

The Picatic interface is very easy to use and we have always had great customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Pros

I love how easy it is to manage our events through the website. We can gather all the information we need through the surveys and the Picatic collects everything into useful reports that we can download and save. This cuts down on the need to go back and forth by email with registrants.

Cons

In the past we have had some trouble with cutoff times between early-bird and regular ticket sales, but the Picatic team was very responsive and have made changes to address this. We found this aspect easier to navigate with recent events.

Jane ellen F.

Great Canadian Product for Events

Reviewed on 2015/06/30

It is awesome that a Canadian company has come up with a way to give events a free service. Setting up tickets & the ticket website was very easy. One does not need to know any coding language making this a very appealing system to volunteer/charitable groups. If you are in need of a simple system, this is an event ticket system for you. I would highly recommend it to volunteer/charitable groups running an event that need a simple registration system with a ticket output. I personally look forward to the system evolving. Currently the additional fields answers download in a separate report known as "Guest Surveys", thus having to merge the entrance list and guest survey list together for a complete report - if you are not good at excel, this would be a hindrance. As well, you can't run multiple events, with different bank accounts, under one Picatic account. As an event planner who has multiple clients, with multiple events, this means running multiple accounts and is inconvenient. All in all, it is a great system that just needs some time to evolve. I love getting my weekly sales reports in my inbox - I don't have to go into the system to see how the tickets are selling. Thank you Picatic - I can't wait to see what you do next!

Nashelley K.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy to use platform, visually pleasing, more functionality than other ticketing sites

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

Easy to use, easy to integrate onto website; good flexibility in design; customer service team is quick to help

Cons

Some limitations in the functionality, but Picatic may already be working to remedy these - front of mind is that with promo codes, we can't limit the number of tickets that can be purchased with that code, we can only limit the number of tickets that can be purchased per ticket type... would like more flexibility with codes and ticket types. I'd also like to be able to view full lists, which promo code was applied, and reorder the lists online rather than having to download each time.

B W.

Utilizing Picatic as a non-event service

Reviewed on 2015/04/10

Robbie has been great in working with me to use the service for our business card ordering model. Overall it is great. Sometimes it gets confusing when you update things and without knowing, I have to figure out how to find the things I am looking for. Entrance list for example keeps getting re-organized so I have to search around to figure out where it is located etc.

Would like to see a way to remove an event date so I don't have to show an event date, but realize how I am using it is not how you designed it.

Always want to use the same url after I close the event, so I cannot do that myself. I always have to get Robbie to make it work. It would be great that once it is archived, I can re-use the same url as we use a weblink to send our orders for payment. We do not want to keep reconfiguring the url to Picatic.

Being a University department, we are being advised that we have to eventually use approved PCI DSS compliant services, so I hope Picatic will be able to verify this compliance or we will eventually not be allowed to use Picatic. Robbie is aware of the emails I have sent him back in Nov 2014

Danielle M.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I absolutely love picatic. I've been using them for a few years and have absolutely no issues.

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

Their customer support is amazing. They are quick to respond and the software is easy to use for both the creator and purchaser. Thank you!

Cons

There are no cons. It's very informative and easy to use. The system is very clear and concise. The money gets transferred on time and I cannot say enough good things about the customer support.