GPS Insight

Engage Your Fleet with Fleet Software that Gets Results.

4,5
Kendra A.
Industry: Machinery

Daily user

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

I am a Service Coordinator/Dispatcher for a large forklift service company. I have customers that need immediate service and by utilizing the GPS tool, I can see what technician I have closest to the customer and be able provide a realistic arrival time.

Pros

The ease of use. I open it when I get in to the office and it stays open all day. I can dispatch a technician based on who is closet, which is my favorite feature of GPS Insight

Cons

When running a report based on days, it is hard to select the specific days you want without it highlighting a range. Could be a user issue.
I would like to see a 'traffic' feature built in as real-time so I could re-route when needed.

Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

GPS Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Overall, this software is the best I have worked with. Gives you complete picture of your fleet.

Pros

I love everything about this software. No Matter how big your fleet is or how small, this is a complete tracking software that is easy to use .

Cons

Learning it is the only negative I see, It would be great to watch videos of how things work. Sometimes I get lost when I am looking for a report to run.

Michelle N.

Worst GPS System Ever

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

I can't wait until the contract is up so we can start dealing with a company that cares about their customers.
GPS Insight is the most unprofessional company we had the misfortune of dealing with in several years.

Pros

Software is absolutely the worst, our trucks lose communication daily.

Cons

Tech support is always blaming the hardware installation, always wanting us to pull the truck off the road and trouble shoot the problem with them over the phone.

Response from GPS Insight

Michelle,
Thank you for posting a review and we?re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We work very hard to ensure our customers receive the best experience possible and we would like to help fix this situation. After a review of your organizations case notes, it appears that only 9 of your 22 vehicles had an installation verification, which we recommend to ensure that vehicles always report accurately.

Your Customer Success Manager has been notified and will be in touch to help get your fleet back on track.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Excellent functionality and integration.

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Easy of access to important data.

Pros

The ability to integrate with our dispatching software allows for easy access to important data. It helps us better service our customers.

Cons

The limited devices that are offered has left us wanting more. Additional partnerships with device manufacturers, or expansion of the current manufacturer's line, would be beneficial for companies with trucks that do not need extremely rugged devices, but need a little more than what is offered,

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your business.
Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

Industry: Building Materials

Never had a doubt if we selected the right product.

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Helping us manage our fleet and also helps us better route our routes to make sure the drivers are taking the best routes possible.

Pros

Easy to use and always looking at ways to improve their product. Like many of the customizable features you can set up to make it the way that you would like.

Cons

Updating of GPS software to keep up with new roads. Sometimes customer service can lag on getting back to you but this does not happen that often.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. Our Support team is always available to help with technical issues if you need it. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

Spencer R.
Industry: Facilities Services

I use it for my fleet, I help install the units and do the tracking from the software.

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

I love the software, there hasn't been a time where I was disappointed in it. I've been using the software for about 5 years now and I think its a great program and that more people should be using it.

Pros

I enjoy using it. Its easy to get used to once you have figured out where everything is. I haven't learned everything on it yet but I learn new things about the software everyday that helps with our fleet in tracking.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your review Spencer! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. We're so happy to hear that after 5 years you're still finding so much value in our solutions! Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

Edward V.
Industry: Food & Beverages

A reliable flexible experience.

Reviewed on 2017/12/04

Real time alerts, tracking, and reliable historical data

Pros

Good visibility and tracking of fleet. Very flexible customization with way points, alerts via SMS/email, etc. Use historical mapping for accident investigations, order delivery verification, etc.

Cons

Uninstalling and reinstalling the units when we upgraded trucks was a little bit of work but it's a once/7 year process so not that bad.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your review Edward! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any assistance. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

Kim D.
Industry: Consumer Services

GPS Insight Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

We have been using GPS Insight for over 10 years and their customer service is great. They have replaced a couple of the older trackers for us. We have been very happy with this company!

Pros

We know where are technicians are at, at all times. We can click on a location and see a street view. I also love how it tracks maintenance on vehicles such as when the next oil change is due.

Cons

I haven't really come across anything we don't like. Perhaps there are more features that we don't use for what we use this for.

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Overall we are happy with the experience that we have had with GPS Insight. As we grow, so too do the options they offer.

Pros

Easy to use with several reports for tracking. They offer different options for each business, making it unique for your business and what best meets the company needs. Up to date information helps with productivity and tracking.

Cons

The mobile app with sometimes glitch and not load a current map.

Amos R.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

GPS Insight has been a very good company to work with.

Reviewed on 2017/12/04

Resource location and management.

Pros

Provides a high level of visibility to resources, ease of use within the portal and provides a very clear and understandable means of resource management.

Cons

There isn't anything in specific that can be pointed out at this time. GPSI has been very responsive to any suggestions or changes that have been pointed out to make the portal and it's equipment easy and responsive to use.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your feedback Amos! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback.

Jeremy B.
Industry: Construction

One of the best out there!

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

This software is a crucial part to maintaining and tracking our most valuable assets.

Pros

There is an abundance of reporting features to take advantage of. You can view pretty much any detail about your vehicle you'd like. The part we like most though, is the support we get from our team. From our account manager, down to a support tech taking a call... everyone is eager to help and wants to please.

Cons

Everything has little cons here and little there and really there is no getting around it. Our Cons aren't anything we wouldn't experience with another service. We have some devices randomly stop working, typically they get a magical update and they are good to go! The ones that don't, get replaced and there is no issue. The biggest down side to us is being able to see which vehicle was at a specific time/location without having to export into a different program.

Response from GPS Insight

Thanks for your review Jeremy! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. We have forwarded your feedback to your Account Manager and they will be in touch to help, as you have the ability to view vehicle times and locations within our portal.
Always here to help, GPS Insight.

Kevin E.
Industry: Industrial Automation

Great software......and an incredible support team !Kudos to Al and his staff !

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Your product has assisted our company on many levels including : reducing speeding , theft of our company vehicles , and reducing our at fault accidents by 10% over last year .

Pros

I like the fact that it is user friendly and that you can customize the vehicle reports .The data that I receive has been beneficial is assisting our company in reducing vehicle speeding occurences and accidents .

Cons

The only con for me is that sometimes the speeding violations are off due to drift .The vehicle mileage can sometimes be off as much as 2000 miles . I usually update or adjust the vehicle mileage when imputing the vehicle maintenance.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your feedback Kevin! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. We always love to hear that we are able to help make a difference and help reduce accidents!

Yelena I.

We use GPS for our 8 courier Employees coordinating medical pickups. We love it!

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Being able to Keep track of employees while they are driving so we can coordinate medical pick ups with ease.

Pros

Being able to Have a SHARED whiteboard, as well as using Landmarks to find which vehicle is closest to locations. Also messaging is a great tool!

Cons

Having to Constantly REFRESH the current locations of vehicles. It would be nice to have it auto refresh every few seconds. Also the Messaging could be worked on a little more. Once a message is texted, it would be nice to have some sort of "delivered" and "opened" notification (similar to iMessaging on our Phones) sometimes we double send a message not knowing if it actually was sent or not.

Response from GPS Insight

Hi Yelena - thank you for taking the time for share your feedback. We are glad to hear you love our products! We have forwarded your concerns to our product and developments teams.

Krista M.
Industry: Construction

We have loved our entire experience with GPS insight!

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

GPS Insight saves me time and money by allowing me to dispatch faster without calling my techs in the field to find out where they are as well as track our time for our customers during jobs. It allows us to monitor proper vehicle maintenance schedules as well which saves money on potential maintenance issues.

Pros

The customer service has been great. The overall software is simple to use both on desktop and in the app. The price is beyond compare. The software integrates with our fuel cards making it simple to keep track of our overall gasoline expenses. It is fast, reliable, alerts make it possible to monitor our fleet with precision. I can quickly monitor all aspects of our fleet including maintenance scheduling.

Response from GPS Insight

Hi Krista - thank you for taking the time for share your feedback. We are glad to hear you love our products!

Liz L.

I am still learning this system. Fairly new to the county

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

Once I learn it in detail I do feel that it will expedite my work. I have only been with the company for 1 year and I have just recently been able to spend some time using the software. Even though I was able to update new employees on my own, I feel that I could use some more help with the learning.

Pros

It is easy to use and learn. This may be silly but I do like the fact that anytime I have to go back and find a route I can adjust the speed. I find that to be very helpful especially when I'm not able to spend a lot of time doing the research. Anytime we have called in for assistance everyone is very helpful. I was tickled that I figured out how to update new employees on my own.

Response from GPS Insight

Thanks for the great review Liz! We appreciate your business and are happy to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Denissa R.

Good tracking, Easy and convenient usage

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

I can check on our vehicles at all times and verify timesheets with GPS.

Pros

Highlights for me, are the activity detailed report and the app on my phone. The report is easy to read and give lots of information. I love that I can click on the address in the report and it gives me a map of actually location and the landmarks in area. The app is also great, because I can check on our vehicles, even when I'm away from the office.

Cons

On the app side, sometimes I need to refresh a couple times to get update data and it can be a little slow when refreshing. However, it might be a timing out issue which is understandable.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your feedback Denissa! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. If we can ever assist in any way please don't hesitate to reach out. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Herman I.
Industry: Food & Beverages

The best fleet tracking system I ever used.

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

I can track all my drivers every second of the day!

Pros

The best feature is creating geofences. Instant alerts are sent right away to my smartphone. Also alerts are sent for vehicle speeding, idling, and posted speed traffic violations. You can also check the odometer for each vehicle through the website.

Cons

Sometimes the screen will log out after inactivity. Once or twice the network will not work for a few hours. There is a few seconds delay while vehicles are moving but you have to upgrade the plan for real time monitoring. Some reports take a long time to generate based on how much activity has happened over the past few weeks.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for the feedback Herman! We are glad you find value in the product and thanks for the great ratings.

Dave R.
Industry: Medical Devices
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Very easy to use both on the desktop and the mobile app. I use this every day.

Reviewed on 2017/05/15

Pros

I love its ease of use. I use the software daily on both my desktop and the mobile app to track the progress of our driver. I love its real time visibility, love the function we have built in that tells us what has been dropped off / picked up. I also love the reporting that is available and its ability to be exported so I can dive into the data further.

Cons

The only con that I have with this software is I cannot determine the time it will take my driver to go from point A to point B. For example, if he is leaving a hospital and going to another I would like the ability to see how long it will take him. I see a function that will tell me time from the office to a location or vice versa but even that doesn't see to work. If that can be fixed or added in it would a great asset to us managing his day.

Response from GPS Insight

Thanks for the review Dave! We would be happy to discuss determining the time it will take for your driver to go from point A to point B. Please give your account manager a call.
Again, thank you for the kind words.

Always Here to Help,

Bj V.

Great

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

We can keep track of all of drivers, we have about 20 or so, so this comes in handy quite often. It will also track when the vehicle needs maintenance and will send alerts to me whenever there is something wrong with the vehicle.

Cons

More often than I would like, the trackers come undone and I have to call the drivers to unplug and plug it back in. We wanted it to be unknown but was not possible with the large plug in they use.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your review BJ! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. Please give our support team call to remediate your device issue - that is an easy fix!

Toll-Free 855-231-5567 (Press 2)

Ben J.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Very pleasant when I have had questions about the different functions.

Reviewed on 2017/05/15

Being able to track the trucks from my branch whether I'm doing investigations or routine checks, this systems has performed very well.

Pros

Easy to use and understand when I have to track the whereabouts of a vehicle that a complaint has been called in on, or tracking when a employee arrives to a site or is involved in an incident.

Cons

There are times where the system freezes our when the system goes out would prefer to receive an email about the issue instead on an email from the corporate office making me aware of the issue..

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for the great review Ben! We love working with you and your company and look forward to many more years of success together. Please contact us to address any issues you have with the system.

Always Here to Help,

Maddison P.

GPS INSIGHT for Landscaping

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

Everything about our experience with GPS insight has been awesome. We are a landscape company with 200+ clients, we have 4 trucks to take care of all the clients, and we needed a way to track when the crews got to the clients, how long they were there, and when they left. We needed something simple and user friendly. GPS insight called us and set up a meeting time to answer questions and they were so nice and answered all our questions plus more. We signed up and it was super affordable because we are renting their GPS's. GPS insight was super easy to set up, super easy to use, has so many features that are beneficial to a company, and is super affordable. I couldn't recommend them enough and get so excited talking about them because it was exactly what we needed and has completely exceeded our expectations. Thank you GPS Insight, we love you!

Pros

Easy to use, affordable, lots of information recorded, and easy to set everything up.

Cons

N/A

Tami J.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

GPS Insight - Making Us Look Good to our Customers

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/02/26

We are able to be efficient with getting the right tech to the right emergency when they arise during our days of business, saving money and customer frustration. We are able to use reports to prove when a tech has been on a location and how much time so should a customer question the amount of time being charged to them for service, we have proof, accomplishing our ability to receive full payment for time spent. We are also able to compare driving complaints to who is where and when to help techs recognize where courtesy might be a better option....

Pros

We have a huge fleet of vehicles and service a large area of Colorado. We have our customer locations set up within the information of this system, and by having current, up to the moment abilities to know where a tech is compared to where an urgent issue has come up for one of our valued customers is priceless for us. We are able to deliver a level of customer service that our customers appreciate greatly!

Cons

I don't necessary believe this to be a software issue, but besides us not being allowed to use your service without having to pay - also not a software issue by the way - I'd say that when a vehicle stops working in the system it can be a frustration. The only contributing factors to that issue arising though is low battery on the vehicle, or wiring coming loose....again...not a software issue.

Response from GPS Insight

Tami,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and your feedback.

Robert S.

We use this for our fleet at work and it helps with keeping up with the trucks.

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

We can let our customers know where the trucks are at all times, since we are a delivery company. This also helps with letting the drivers know where they will be delivering to if they cannot find a jobsite.

Cons

It is hard to maneuver around when you are trying to do the mileage and the maintenance on the vehicles. There are too many screens that have the same features.

Response from GPS Insight

Hi Robert, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear you are having issues with vehicle maintenance. Your comments have been forwarded to your Account Manager and he will be reaching out directly to help remediate this issue. Please don't hesitate to reach out if anything else comes up.

Casey J.
Industry: Building Materials

Great!

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

It does everything. We can track our trucks in current time, print out their stops and idles from the day before, schedule reminders for maintenance, and much more.

Cons

Some of the trackers that they send just plug right into a slot beneath the dash, which is great, except that they very easily get knocked loose or knocked out completely and we have to call the drivers and have them plug them back in.

Response from GPS Insight

Hi Casey - Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback.

We recommend using the included OBD bypass cable to help prevent accidental device removal, that should help.

Charles L.

very good product

Reviewed on 2017/12/04

We recieved the ability to track out truck and other assets on a real time basis.

Pros

I think what i like the most about the software would have to be the mapping that is provided. it is very easy to follow where your truck are at any given time. I also use the IFTA reporting features quarterly to keep track of the miles driven in each state.

Cons

what i like least about the software would have to be the process you must take in order to add/change a truck to the system.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your review Charles! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. Our Support and Account Management teams are always available to help with truck adds if you ever need the support. Always here to help, GPS Insight