Zen Cart Reviews

Zen Cart

Open source shopping cart software for website developers

4/5 (8 reviews)

Great Open Source Shopping Cart!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017

Pros

Once you have it downloaded & set up. Functionality is fantastic. You can see behind the scenes. If a potential customer calls and wants to know if their order went through online (because in reality it did not), you can actually see where the breakdown happened & what they had in their cart even if they were shopping as a guest. The program definitely requires a learning period but it is worth it.

Cons

Requires a good amount of tech knowledge. If you are not tech savvy or don't have someone that is, then this is not the way to go. You will only get support through the forums & "tickets". There is no phone support.

This is a great software when building new eCommerce web site.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 11/17/2017

Pros

I'm a web developer and most of my clients uses Zen Cart. I recommend this to them compare to Magento is because its easy to manage the code and databases. It has also a feature where you can run the query directly to the software and not going to the host web site to run it there. What I love most is that, you can create your own html files with out touching the original files. Zen Cart will automatically detect the new created files and use it to run. It really easy to customize the software base on the customer needs.

Cons

At first, it is really difficult to understand the layout of the software and where to locate them. But as soon as you get used to it, it will be easily.

Great Option for Managing Product!

Reviewed on 1/5/2017

I think my favorite and best user experience was discovering Zen Cart. Operating on a very tight budget, this software offered me an affordable option to maintain products in my store! Works great with WordPress templates.

Pros

I was able to launch a web store with a functional shopping cart with Zen quite affordably!

Cons

N/A

Best shopping cart software around

Reviewed on 10/31/2018

Great software. I use it on several sites. There is pretty much a plugin for anything you want to do. Highly reccomended.

Pros

Easy to use . Many plugin features. Pretty much anything you want to do , there is a plugin.

Cons

Somewhat hard to figure some things out at times.

Great cart, but not very beginner friendly.

Reviewed on 3/10/2018
Review Source

Pros

The cart is open source, so it is perfect for those on a budget. Once you get it set up, adding categories and products are fairly easy, just a bit time consuming.

Cons

I run my own social network, and I couldn't set up ZenCart myself. I had to pay a friend to do it. There's just so much work involved with settings and criteria that needs to be done that it was overwhelming for a first timer. A clearer, more concise back end would be a wonderful thing.

2.0/10

Just what I needed for small, straightforward sales.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 6/8/2017

Pros

Open source! I will always choose an open source option first if it is functional. Zen cart does everything I need .

Cons

While it's not really a drawback, you need to make sure you know what your doing and can install Zen cart properly on your site.

New technologies are coming and this is past

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 10/1/2018

Pros

By the first time, seems easy to install on your application, but bug solving can be a problem.

Cons

When I faced bugs with this platform or needed to migrate to another platform, it wasn´t easy to get data from it.

3.0/10