Accord LMS

LMS solution for SMBs and extended enterprises

Dale W.

Accord LMS: Flexible, Valuable and Reliable.

Reviewed on 2016/06/17

Pros

Our client company licensed the Accord LMS several years ago to train temporary employees. The courses we implemented guide the employees to understand the business model, consider specific aspects of their new role, and train them to interact with the business system.

Some of the content in the courses is confidential, and the Accord implementation helps to limit access to that content by limiting enrollment based on security roles.

Courses are designed using the SCORM standard, which allows course development to be done independent of the LMS. The courses have loaded and interacted with Accord very well, correctly reporting quiz scores and completion status.

Accord has been a very stabile product, requiring very little administrative attention. Our version of the product has a limit on the number of active learners, so we have had to monitor our usage and either limit the number of learners or adjust the license to fit our needs.

We have directed several special requests to the sales department with regard to licensing, and each time they have accommodated our needs. We have found them a good partner to work with.

We have kept the software on a maintenance contract throughout, and have generally found this to be a good value. While service requests have been minimal, there have been some key times during software upgrades where we have placed service requests. These were answered quickly and our issues were resolved. The cost of the maintenance contract has increased sharply, and this has caused us some concern.

In summary, we have found the Accord LMS system to be flexible, valuable and reliable.

Cons

We were recently surprised by a significant increase in the maintenance contract cost.

Response from Rick

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. I'll pass your comments onto the entire team. Our price increase in January 2016 was the first in 4 years. For our hosted accounts, which include maintenance, it was only a modest increase. Our self-hosted customers did experience a more substantial increase. This reflects the additional support requirements that factor into most on-premise installations such as client server access, configuration, updates, etc. This may be why most of our competitors do not offer self hosted systems. I'm confident that you will still find the Accord LMS to be the best deal around.

Mark T.

Accord LMS - a great LMS solution for Dotnetnuke

Reviewed on 2016/07/07

We researched more than a few LMS's and the Accord LMS was a perfect blend of features and value for the money. We have been using the Accord LMS for several years and experience with it has been fantastic. Arguably the best Dotnetnuke LMS out there. It simply just works and is very easy to setup and configure. The ability to customize the look and feel of the client interface is great and having Interzoic Media as a partner is a plus. We are a very customer oriented company and to work with a company that feels the same way is such a benefit. We have been very happy with both the product and service.

Pros

Easy to setup and configure. Works very well within Dotnetnuke.

Cons

Nothing really, we like the entire product.

Great Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2016/06/24

Our company has been using the Accord LMS for 1 year now. Along the way, Accord Staff Members have been there to help us through the initial set up and troubleshooting stages. We have recently started using it within our whole organization and the end users are giving great feedback. It is user friendly. It allows us to give learners the opportunity to have a visual learning experience instead of just a process document to read over.

Pros

Customer Service
User Friendly environment

Cons

Admin Setup is a bit complicated, but luckily Accord Staff Members are right there to help you

Ken M.

New to Accord - but so far, really good!

Reviewed on 2016/06/06

Very recently went live with Accord LMS (June 1). Therefore, my review is somewhat premature as I may have more good things to say after having used the product long-term once I have become an expert user.

For the moment, I can say that we are very pleased. The Accord LMS is so robust that we still have much to learn, but I'd say we would be hard pressed to fully utilize all of the features and functions.

I am one of the administrators of the LMS and my setup and pre-go live activities were not difficult. We imported over 1,000 users and built our library of less than 100 courses within a few days. No hiccups or unanticipated issues.

At this point, week two into our go-live I'm very happy. Accord is easy to use, support has been great (just utilizing them for how-to questions right now) and the system appears so robust that it should meet every demand we place on it.

Thanks Accord Team - I look forward to a long and prosperous relationship!

Ken.

Pros

Robust capabilities, ease of use, cost.

Cons

So far I have not found any. There must some somewhere!

Erin G.

I am very impressed with the robust Accord LMS

Reviewed on 2016/05/25

We are still in the implementation phase with Accord and the support has been top-notch. Accord offers many features at a very reasonable cost. The Accord system included everything we were looking for in the way of features such as branding and customization capability, ease of administration, certification tracking, ILT support, virtual classroom, extended enterprise capability, a strong compliance aspect, resource upload ease, a community aspect, gamification and so much more--right out of the box! After months of research, and several months of actually using the Accord system, I would highly recommend Accord to any company looking to implement a new Learning Management System.

Response from Accord LMS

Thank you! Our team prides itself on providing excellent guidance and support during implementation. We appreciate your kind words.

Craig U.

Accord LMS - My first choice

Reviewed on 2016/06/23

I have been using the Accord LMS for almost a year. I am the administrator of the LMS and charged with adding and maintaining content and learner access. It was very easy to set-up and maintain. Support has been excellent with very fast responses to any question, big or small.
I compared several other LMS providers and selected Accord LMS based on functionality, easy of use, support and pricing.
My experience with Accord LMS to date has been excellent.

Pros

The application, hosted with Accord LMS, was easy to set-up. On going maintenance is also very simple whether adding or updating content, creating reports or adding or updating learner access. Should I require support, this is always readily available.

Cons

The reporting functionality, while improving, is not as simple as the rest of the interface. Most of the reports focus on learner reporting and I am looking for more reports for the system administrator. Accord LMS support has assisted me in creating the reports I needed.

Response from Accord LMS

Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm going to check with our team and get some more information on the reports that they helped you create. Please reach out to your support rep should you need any additional assistance.

Shawn W.

Reviewed on 2010/01/14

When they say that Accord LMS is one of the most robust, extensible and cost effective platforms in the LMS industry, you need to listen.
It's true.

Pros

Accord LMS is the perfect solution for those needing a quick but efficient module install under DNN .
Easy customization to include your portals look/logos/etc.
Many web 2.0 integration features including the best CMS capabilities, social networking capabilities, forums, blogs, chat, and wikis.
Manager features to quickly setup Learning Events (SCORM presentations and Quizzes) as well as the ability to setup external Learning Events ( URLS, YouTube, Flash ) is a breeze to configure.
Learner module serves up content to learners based on their roles/profiles.
Attempt history log is available as well as quiz results reports for all quiz and surveys.
Learning Events are searchable.
The support team behind this product is outstanding.
When we needed assistance , it was provided immediately and professionally.
Good product documentation.
Pricing structure is fantastic.

Cons

Like any good application, there is a bit of a learning curve.
However, as noted above, documentation is good and is kept current . This helps to ease the learning curve

John C.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Good product but it still needs some work

Reviewed on 2017/02/06

One of the largest issues with LMS systems is their inability to speak well with other systems especially third party RDS systems *Rapid Development Systems* so if you create a quiz via Lectora or Storyline it's hard to get the reports that you need for your organization. Accord here is no different, but what makes them better in this arena is that they do have their own development tools which is a plus. They also work well with organizations in providing customer service and support. Their shortcomings really come from being a relatively new system but otherwise do a good job.

It's easy to create job roles and learning paths. They do have gamification and a social media component.

Response from Rick Bruce

​John,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Accord LMS. We appreciate your input. Feedback from our clients is our primary inspiration for ongoing development​. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.

Best Wishes,
Accord

Robin W.

Accord LMS has changed the face of training for our company.

Reviewed on 2014/11/04

This is our first LMS system and our audience is very unique. Before choosing Accord, we spent over a year researching and speaking with a wide variety of providers. We had a long list of requirements! We found that Accord provided the best interface, storage, flexibility, and customer service, for a company of our size and budget. The folks at Accord are incredibly responsive and customer-focused, patiently answering our questions and working to meet our needs in a timely manner. There have been features that we desired, but were not available yet. I do not believe there is any product on the market that meets every single need. However, Accord listens to its customers and we feel included the growing process. Accord works to enhance the product and meet our needs.

Kristi Q.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Quick response time ; Could be better product

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

From everything I've read and learned, it doesn't seem like there's a perfect LMS out there. Although, I feel like this one if far from perfect - it gets up by. We're able to push out courses/content for learners in a timely manner.

Pros

Whenever I have questions, they are quick to get back with me. User friendly. Does the basics of an LMS.

Cons

Reporting isn't the greatest. Hard to administer the way we would like it to. It seems as though time goes on, we are outgrowing this LMS.

Felicia L.
  • Industry: Defense & Space
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Affordable and Customizable LMS

Reviewed on 2016/05/26

We purchased Accord LMS to support and manage the training of staff on a large project in Latin America. Accord LMS was competitively priced and offered capabilities that other companies did not.

Pros

Accord offers a customizable LMS for an affordable price. They provide supportive, friendly customer service and remain interested in meeting your needs throughout the development process.

Shawn K.

Accord LMS review from IMARC Research, Inc.

Reviewed on 2015/03/13

Mary Beth and Matt Myers have been a wonderful asset in our new adventures in LMS production. They provided training each step of the process, and are always available for prompt responses. They even go the extra mile to attend web meetings with us and our other business partners when needed.

The system was easy to set up and use based on their guidance.

Dr. sebastian M.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

I have found AccordLMS to be a high quality product with a team that provides excellent...

Reviewed on 2018/04/28

I'm on a team that's developing and launching a massive open online course using this software as the platform.

Pros

It's ease of use in the development and implementation of courses and the courteous and professional service of the team that built it.

Cons

In my time using it to develop and implement a course, I haven't discovered any cons. I'll repost here if I find any.

Response from Accord LMS

Thank you Dr. Mahfood. Let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

Lynda S.

Purchased the solution about 3 months a

Reviewed on 2016/06/10

Pros

They are focused on delivering a solution that meets your needs rather than pushing their idea of implementation. That's hugely refreshing in this market and very helpful for those of us who are building multi-disciplinary learning ecosystems.

Cons

I honestly have nothing negative to say - they are great, truly!

Matt R.

Really pleased

Reviewed on 2013/09/27

I'm with a financial company and we needed to educate our staff at several lbranches in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic. Very happy we went with Accord LMS. SAAS running on DNN. Very affordable. All the functions you need including commerce, testing and reporting. Will need your own courses and content.

Abbey M.

A Solid LMS

Reviewed on 2016/06/16

Pros

I love the basic layout of this LMS. It's easy to access your courses, at one glance you can see what you've completed, what you are in the process of completing, and what you haven't started yet. The resources tab is another excellent feature, which allows one to post important material that can be accessed by anyone registered in the LMS, not just those who are assigned specific courses. And I can't speak highly enough about the customer service. Any issue or question I have had was immediately addressed by my service guy, and he has been kind, patient, and helpful along every step of the way.

Cons

The reporting function is a little difficult to figure out on your own, but again, the customer service is amazing and happy to help walk you through it.

Kristi Q.

Customer Service is Great!

Reviewed on 2016/06/24

Our company purchased a license through Accord 1 year ago. It's taken us about that long to get up and running due to all of the conversion of our internal documents. Along the way, Accord members have checked in with us and helped when needed. Whenever we have run into a stopping block, they took little to no time to get back with us and help us continue on in our setup and roll out. Our employees that use the LMS on a regular basis are really enjoying it. It allows them to see visual demonstrations of a process, where as before they could only read a process document.

Pros

Customer Support and User friendly

Cons

Administrative side is not so user friendly

Response from Accord LMS

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm really pleased that your learners are enjoying their new training. I hear what you're saying about the administrative tools. There is a lot there. We're working on some admin updates (too early to share) that I think you'll like.

Stephen S.

Accord LMS - Texas OIG

Reviewed on 2010/01/15

Great support and a very good product. We have had nothing but a great experiences. It does what it claims to do and does it well.

Pros

The support has been terrific, the product works very well. Our agency recently upgraded to 64bit servers and the transition was smooth. The company is receptive to suggestions and welcome our input.

Cons

The only pseudo con I can give at this time is that the product is relatively new to the market, hence my slightly lower Feature Richness score. I have no doubt that in time this product will be as feature rich as any other competing non-DNN product. It really is pretty well loaded now as is.

Ron M.

Accord LMS at Fairbanks Scales

Reviewed on 2014/11/03

The Accord LMS was chosen because the user interface is clean and very user friendly. I had set aside quite a bit of time for working with users after our go live date. By the end of the second day the email and calls from the user base had evaporated. We had very good comments from the users such as why do you wait so long to switch. The software installed and configured very quickly and easily. Both the sales and support staff friendly and respond quickly to calls. The user base imported easily from our previous LMS. The software is roles based, this has enabled us to create prescriptions that are customized to meet our specific need. For the cost it is very robust.

Matt C.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great product, great people!!!

Reviewed on 2016/06/23

Pros

The ease of the software, the willingness of there training team to help and assist as I set up my LMS.

Cons

I wish for only one add on, a drag and drop interface. Everything else is amazing!!!

Lynda S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Flexible Solution that Doesn't Break the Bank

Reviewed on 2016/06/10

I am thrilled with the purchase we've made in Accord LMS. I looked at a number of providers and found that either the cost or structure of the solution was unrealistic. Given that we are new to online learning, our use of the many functionalities will increase over time. The system has been easy to set up and the customer service superb. I highly recommend Accord LMS.

Pros

Cost
Flexibility
Client Service
Responsiveness

Cons

This is not really a 'con'. You can customize the solution yourself if you are on a budget. Not a huge hill to climb, but it does take some patience.

Response from Accord LMS

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. I'll share it with the team.

Lam N.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Good Value and Support Service

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Pros

Accord provides good value for its cost and has responsive and friendly customer support.

Cons

Automatic reports could be improved so that they are cleaner in appearance and more customizable. Additionally, we are waiting for more features to control the user experience.

Response from Accord LMS

Thank you for the review Lam! Our team has enjoyed working with you as you consistently grow your learning programs with the Accord LMS.

Your Solutions Engineer is in the process of submitting a feature request on your behalf. We'll run it past the roadmap team and see what we can do. We're currently working on a number of exciting new features which we also think you'll like.

Thanks again! We appreciate your business.

Erin G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

I am impressed with Accord's robust LMS

Reviewed on 2016/05/25

Pros

Cons

So far there have been no dislikes. Both sales and support have been extremely responsive to our needs. We are a small company with rapid growth and needed a company that could keep up with our growth. Accord has been able to do that.

Justin H.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

Accord has provided an intuitive platform for my e-learning authoring needs. New faculty trainings and employee onboarding have been our primary use of the product, and it has served those purposes well with the e-learning features you would expect. I have been relatively happy as well with ease of use in managing the courses from the back end as well, although I do not use this as much as our administrator.

Cons

I would like to see a bit better reporting/analytics, but for our use this hasn't been prohibitive. We have been quite happy with the product, and it seems that customer support with Accord might be able to assist with better reporting.

Leo M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

One recommended software to use

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Overall good experience on this product. I would like to recommend it.

Pros

It was a breeze setting up this software. Updates are really simple whenever they add contents. The support team is also very reliable. This is good for me that always create reports.

Cons

Most of the reports only focus on learner reports. More reports for the system administrator should be added.