The Mortgage Office

Web-based mortgage and loan servicing software

Annette R.

The software is so stable, I never experience downtime.

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

I've been using The Mortgage Office for 5 years. My monthly invoicing process went from being a 2-day challenge to a 2-hour piece of cake. My support needs are rare, but I still run into an occasional problem because I have entered something wrong and can't find it myself. Invariably the support staff is readily available, responsive, competent, and dedicated to getting me back on track. Plus the software is so stable, I never experience downtime. Just a great product.

Pros

Reliability. I trust TMO to keep accurate, consistent records

Cons

The first month billing can't be longer than 30 days. We usually do not invoice our borrower until the end of the first full month following closing, so there is often a 32-60 day gap. If we don't send out an invoice at the end of the month in which the loan closes, the borrower's billing statement reports them as late.

Sandra T.
  • Industry: Insurance

Complete & Powerful Software Program with add on Modules giving you options to expand your...

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

The software handles all aspects of Loan Servicing within the program. The integration of the different modules makes using the program seamless. I have used several Forms Design programs in the past and the Custom Letters & Reports program is well designed and extremely east to use.

Cons

I have been involved in writing a custom Collection Program, integrating an Accounting Program with other Loan Servicing Software as well as using other Loan Servicing Software for 27+ years and by farm The Mortgage Office is the BEST. To answer your question what I like least about the program is that it is a Massive and covers every aspect of Loan Servicing; which makes it the BEST of programs.

Robert K.

Owned for over three years. Very complex, Updates routinely have major bugs. Understaffed...

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

We service a private loan portfolio and prepare 1098 forms for borrowers. This has worked well in the past, but current bugs are causing concern that the 1098 forms will need to be double checked during the very busy month of January.

Pros

The concept and theoretical flexibility of the software is really cool. The reports are generally well formatted. Borrower communication options are varied and allow easy email, but the calculations need to be correct.

Cons

Very complex, takes months to learn to use. Easily allows problem entries. Support is pleasant, but lacks everyday use knowledge. 4 to 6 steps required for tasks like simply advancing interest on a construction loan. Tracking of % complete and % disbursed on construction takes longer in The Mortgage Office than in a simple Excel spreadsheet. Over the last year the whiz bang modules that they are adding look great, but as updates occur with the main, modules of servicing, the lack of testing is clear as each update precipitates major bugs which cost my staff scores of hours. Customer service is helpless as they are not prepped for the updates and typically don't have the operating expertise to comprehend the full scope of the problem. , but they are nice people. Support calls are seldom answered within an hour. Typically it's about a 24 hour turnaround, with a call to us (Mountain Time) just about the time my staff is walking out the door.

David M.
  • Industry: Banking

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2016/08/29

The Mortgage Office has done a great job of adapting for the Canadian Market. The software and support provided for an easy transition for us. Thanks to The Mortgage Office we were able to discard our previous software which had dissappointed us and get up and running with The Mortgage Office in surprising time. Our investors are thrilled with the reports they receive generated by the program.

Pros

It is reliable, generally provides a user friendly experience, is quick to get going and/or transition and provides robust customizable reports which our investors really like.

Cons

The software has many templates with built in functionality which for the most part is fantastic. On the downside it is difficult if not impossible to change some of the reports to add explainations such as a discharge statement or the like.

Angela L.

Multiple useful functionalities; increased efficiency of processing significantly.

Reviewed on 2017/10/23

Pros

It's an integrated program that includes multiple functions, from loan management, to trust accounting, to investor management. The software has excellent accuracy and has been able to increase efficiency of processing at our company significantly. Our company went through several different similar products so far, and this is the best one.

Cons

The software does not easily accommodate different companies' different processes. Anything that differs from a typical business model requires manual workarounds, which can be time-consuming.

A true revelation for those in the private money lending industry.

Reviewed on 2018/02/21

It has given our company the tools needed to service our growing portfolio with ease.

Pros

The flexibility of customizing the various features to fix any private lending business model. The Mortgage Office is constantly evolving and fills many needs all in one.

Cons

It can be costly to get going. There are a lot of different add-on modules that may be needed to get the software to perform what you want it to.

Jeanette R.

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

The Mortgage Office is a great program.

Pros

I use the software to complete my work. I can now send reports, notices, interest bills, and payoff statements through the system. It is easy to use and easy to learn. It can be confusing and difficult at first then it gets easier the longer you use it.

Cons

We don't get the notices when there is a update.

Ben S.

User friendly, time saving CRM that we couldn't function without.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

From managing our loans to accounting functions all the way down to detailed payment coupons this system really does it all. We've been using it for over 5 years and are very happy with it.

Cons

Technical support when we first started was on the weak side but that has been addressed and is now second to none.

Eric C.

The Mortgage Office is very capable software.

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Pros

I most value The Mortgage Office's versatility and capabilities. I service many thousands of loans very easily from the software.

Cons

I would say the most troublesome area of this software is related to certain custom reports, you must be familiar with SQL or Crystal Reports to accomplish certain things.

Todd P.

The software simply works and does exactly what it should do with no bugs

Reviewed on 2018/02/20

Pros

Ease, accuracy, long established Vendor. product is the best in this class by far and we have used 2 others.

Cons

up front Cost is too high. Vender requires ongoing monthly maintenance fees which can get expensive.

Jennifer A.

Outstanding Service

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

The entire staff at TMO are awesome! They're always ready to help you with any questions or concerns you might have. I highly recommend this software to anyone who enjoys an easy life.

Cons

I've been using this for a few years and as of today, I can't think of any cons.

Angie L.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Is A Rockstar - Praise and Pay Raise!!

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

Support services from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been exceptional! He has provided very thoughtful and intentional personal customer service. His expertise has been very helpful as our team works towards improving our utilization of the software and understanding what data is being pooled. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is our helpful expert concierge for TMO providing great insight on how to have the database grow with our business.

Pros

Ability to customize grid and some report templates

Cons

Ability to track progress of foreclosures, bankruptcy, covid-19 loan deferrals, options to share reminders with select team members to name a few

Jeffrey B.

Excellent software package for servicing loans in your portfolio

Reviewed on 2020/08/21

Pros

The learning curve was easy and its very user friendly

Cons

Have no criticisms - very usable and does a good job supporting our needs.

Amanda L.

Simple but Great

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Pros

This software is very simple and user friendly.

Cons

Wish it has more reports options, more function in the reporting area.

Simon T.

A strong tool

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

This is a powerful and useful program. In my old job, I serviced 60-80 active loans at any given time using work-arounds in Excel. It was a little stressful and time consuming with Excel. Now, in my new position, I comfortably service nearly 200 (and counting) active loans. The icing on the cake is the great customer support. They are very patient and really take their time walking you through your needs and questions. I highly recommend taking the two day training seminar at their offices after you've been using the program for six to twelve months.

Chandler H.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Does everything you need it to do, and with a streamlined interface.

Reviewed on 2017/09/11

Ability to focus on core business functions while still maintaining portfolio awareness.

Pros

Contains all necessary functionality and automates many day to day tasks. Reports and customization options gives you a quick way to find what you need to find rapidly and present those findings in a coherent manner. It does what it is supposed to do flawlessly.

Cons

Accounting interface to QuickBooks is new and limited in functionality. The initial implementation was a large amount of work and required tweaking once the data was in the system, but that is more or less par for the course with any new software.

Amanda C.

This new software is very comprehensive and will streamline our loan servicing.

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Streamlining our Servicing Procedures. Saving ample amount of time running invoices and reports manually.

Pros

That it allows my company to have a central database to view our portfolio in real time. I like that I have the ability to set the security for each user. I love that I can see an overview of all of the loans when i open the program as well.

Cons

Its a learning process, and it will take me some time to understand all of the functionality of the software. I am the only person that is setting up our portfolio, and I am really relying on the Help function, as well as customer support.

Anees A.

RATING OF SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2020/09/10

Pros

Rating the software only - it a good product. it offers more than what we need with the way we handle our mortgage program..

Cons

A LOT OF DETAILS TO GO THROUGH BEFORE ARRIVE TO ANSWER.

Ron V.

Love this software as it's full service

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

Pros

I like that we could do quite a bit of tasks in keeping track of extensive loan portfolio. I like the new features that we included that allow us to communicate with customers via email / text messages. It's pretty comprehensive and easy to send letters.

Aric L.

A Team Effort

Reviewed on 2014/06/12

We purchased The Mortgage Office loan servicing software a little over a year ago when we had maybe 100 loans. At the time we were outsourcing the servicing functions, and were looking for better control of the portfolio. Existing Mortgage Office customers recommended the software as the only way to go, saying that it was accurate to a fault and fully featured. We now have over 635 loans totaling in excess of $225,000,000. The software has definitely facilitated that growth, the software support folks have been with us the whole time, and we absolutely love the software. The entire Applied Business Software team has been terrific. We made the right software decision, and we would recommend this product and this company to anyone!

Venus S.

Training and Staff excellent & personable

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

I liked the working with Ramiro in support, he is very knowledgeable on the software. It was great meeting the staff and having a face to the name. All staff was personable and the ease of communication was great.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, reporting aspects

Cons

At this time I'm not certain of the con's I would put here.

William S.

User Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Overall I am happy with my decision to proceed with The Mortgage Office.

Pros

Sales and customer service people are the main reason that this company survives. Without them it would be impossible to navigate through everything.

Cons

Training and implementation is a lot of work.

Dianne M.

Reviewed on 2014/04/21

The software itself is easy to learn, use and manage the mortgage portfolio. There are too many great features to name them all but the most effective for our business is the conversation logs and the reminders. The reminders have proven to be extremely helpful to our payment takers by insuring that we collect information needed at the source. The conversation logs and follow up task feature is very useful for our collection efforts by insuring quick follow-up on all issues.

The customer service support for The Mortgage Office is second to none! They answer questions and help find solutions quickly. That is now and always has been the key to efficiency within any business.

Andie P.

TMO makes my job so much easier

Reviewed on 2014/08/07

The customer service is phenomenal. ABS will go above and beyond to fit the specific needs of your company. I love the fact that you can customize the program to function how you need it to. The software is pretty difficult to use and understand, but you learn to get the hang of it. I still don't fully understand the details of what I am doing when I enter terms into the system. However, it has freed up about 60% of my week by automating our process. We can now send notices, interest bills, and payoff statements through the system. We used to have to create these manually which left a lot of room for error. I am extremely happy we decided to go with ABS/TMO.

Stuart A.

Great targetted organisational softwar

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Pros

Tailored for my industry so although it does need some editing, its got the features i require snd the topics required

Cons

Still finding my way with it. The diary reminder system is great however i would like a date search function