Volgistics

Software for volunteer recruiting, tracking and coordination

Alison S.

Great for Volunteer Management

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

I have not interacted with Volgistics Volunteer Management. The billing is automated monthly, and easy to manage.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of this software to manage my volunteers schedules. I can assign them to various roles once they have completed training and then they are able log-in and sign themselves up for their desired shifts. It makes my job a lot easier that they can schedule themselves.

Cons

The software doesn't allow for much customization, and on the administrator end there is a bit of a learning curve to understand the terminology, and how to set everything up.

Georgia A.

Volgistics is a Winner!

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Oustanding

Pros

I have been super-satisfied with Volgistics - it covers all the bases and is extremely user friendly and the support staff is the best bar none. It's really intuitive and very clearly laid out.

Cons

There is nothing not to like about this system.

Corinna S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Great to work with, easy to ask and receive information and solutions to questions and processes.

Pros

Ease of Use and great customer service. Quick reliable answers to any questions about products and processes.

Cons

That the mobile use of VicNet is not an APP on the iPhone or Android. I think a APP would be easier to use and display information better. Just a suggestion.

Response from Volgistics

Thank you for the review!

Alison S.

I have enjoyed working with Volgistics, it's user friendly and intuitively designed for...

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Pros

The user experience is straightforward enough that I'm not worried when I send volunteers to the site to sign up for shifts. It's also handy to keep all my information in one place so that I can easily pull reports, and upload information that I need my volunteers to access.

Cons

I like that the software is internet based, but because all of the changes I have mistakenly deleted entire schedules, which was challenging to recreate. It'd be create if there was an undo button.

Chris G.

New Volunteer Director/New Software User

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

The response time is immediate. Nothing negative to say. The tutorials are always there and easy to follow.

Pros

I cannot say enough good about this company. I first heard of them at a Volunteer training. The price is amazing and the support I got for set-up and currently learning the system is phenomenal. It is easy to use. I cannot say enough about this software.

Cons

Integration was easy. They helped me step by step. The most difficult was getting my volunteers to understand the ease of the program. They are older and some were not willing to try. I just dove in and working as a wonderful, time-saving tool!

Vickie F.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Volunteer Program Comes Alive with Volgistics

Reviewed on 2016/12/01

We launched Volgistics August 2014, after taking advantage of the free trial period to experiment with the system. We are very satisfied with the results. As we've become more familiar with the software, we use more of the features. Before we purchased Volgistics as our management tool, we didn't have an integrated system to handle all the county departments that use volunteers. That's all changed. Volgistics brought us into the 21st century. For the first time, we know who all the volunteers are, where they volunteer , what they do, when and for how long. The robust reporting features provide the data we need to manage the program and share the stories about the valuable contributions volunteers make in our community. In June 2015, I took advantage of another offer Volgistics made available and that was to start an administrators users group to share experiences and learn from one another. The group continues to meet monthly and everyone leaves the learning session energized with their newly obtained skills. We use VicNet, VicTouch, and the Docs features. We just launched the text messaging option and look forward to the opportunity that will bring to improve communication. And lastly, Volgistics has a great support team.

Pros

Ease of use, reporting, communication features and continuous upgrades, reasonable cost

Cons

I wish there were more features regarding coordinators. For example, as an administrator I'd like to view coordinator information much like we do volunteers using Set-up, Other options, Volunteer list especially dates entered, last VicNet access, last activity.

Shandran T.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

We are able to run a myriad of reports with relative ease. It's easy to extract data from this database. Tech support and customer service is top rate!

Pros

Volgistics is easy to use, and to understand. The tech support is super efficient and genuinely helpful. Often, I receive step by step instructions to perform a task, if I've been unable to find it in the Help Topics.

Cons

Might be nice to have a tie in with background checks.

Response from Volgistics

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgistics has been able to make your job easier. As for background checks, we partnered with Verified First last year, you can learn more at https://www.volgistics.com/background-screening.htm

Jen S.

Volgistics is a LIFESAVER!

Reviewed on 2013/06/21

I HIGHLY recommend this program for all volunteer programs.

Pros

After 6 months of reviewing volunteer management software, we made the leap and choice Volgistics. It have been the equivalant of adding a part time employee! The time I save entering volunteer applications and hours donated has allowed me to focus on the "bigger picture" growth of our food bank's volunteer program. Our volunteer program has grown 86% in the past 3 years and Volgistics has grown right along with us. The online tutorials and customer service has been amazing. Typically I can find an answer through their great help web pages but if not I can send my question via email and the response time is amazing, usually within a few mintues. We use VICNET and VICTOUCH and our volunteers consistenly commit on how easy it is to schedule and view hours. I HIGHLY recommend this program for all volunteer programs.

Cons

I have no cons to this program because it really handles everything we need and offers several aspects of the program that we haven't tapped into yet.

Bud H.

New User

Reviewed on 2015/06/05

Made a matrix and evaluated five other vendors of volunteer management systems. Volgistics came out on top for our needs. Tested their response to help emails and they were exceptional in response time and content. Excellent help system in the application with videos and written content. This is not an easy system to setup initially, it has many options and fields to populate. But the explanations of various options are well written. Lots of features and printable reports. I'm very satisfied with the choice so far. I'm a volunteer helping our Volunteer Manager who has limited experience using on line systems, she is very impressed with the application and is looking forward to using it. We have many senior volunteers some who refused to use a computer, this will probably be my major implementation challenge:) Got VicTouch up and running and gathered the volunteers together who most objected to using a computer to sign in and out. They positively loved it. One comment, "This is easier than pumping gas with a credit card". That's quiet a testament to VicTouch being user friendly. Just keep in mind setup is challenging but worth the effort.

Volgistics for volunteers

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Overall, I enjoyed using volgisitivs, it got the job done well!

Pros

I loved how customizable volgitics was when I was using this software. I could have multiple volunteer assignments open at the same time.

Cons

It was fairly difficult to learn volgisitcs when I first started using it / I had to contact customer support often.

Elizabeth C.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Past its use by date

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

It was incredibility frustrating. Everyone was helpful but the system is so antiquated it felt like 1985,

Pros

The price was great for the number of volunteers.

Cons

There is no online support and it is not user friendly. We were told we could have two facilities on the same account but that was not good advice. Yes, it's possible but it requires a momentous amount of work. You can only include one logo. When I inquired they said if I could code html an additional separate photo could be added. Volgisitcs may have been state of the art when first introduced years ago but instead of keeping it up to date it has been kept on life support with tape and twine--electronically speaking. You have to plow through tons of videos and links to do simple actions. It is not adaptable for special event signups seeking new volunteers.

Tamra C.

Has a lot of potential, once you figure out how to get what you are looking for!

Reviewed on 2015/03/19

Volgistics does offer a lot of functionality, however it's not very user friendly. If you don't have the brain and the time to get to know the program and all of its ins and outs, then it's probably not the program for you. Their support is only via email and they do answer very quickly, but it's impossible to talk to someone on the phone, unless you want to pay a very high price. Usually my responses are met with "I'm sorry but" or "unfortunately" because some of the basic things you'd like to be able to monitor and report on are not possible. Like tracking people who don't show up for their shifts. You CAN do it, but it's not easy.

All in all, it's not a horrible program, but they don't update it very often and when they do, they are not good about telling you they've updated something. And because you have to pay per volunteer, for a large organization that utilizes a lot of people, it's practically fiscally impossible to keep a running history of your volunteer program. That is the main fault we have with the program. We have to keep two separate databases, or we'd be paying way too much to store the historical data we need.

Don T.

Excellent product!

Reviewed on 2011/10/13

If you are looking for a Volunteer management tool...this is it! It is reasonably priced, flexible and I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a response from Volgisitcs Support.

Pros

We migrated from Volunteer Works and find that Volgistics is a huge step up. The data move was completely painless and completed in 15 minutes! It is so simple to use and provides the flexibilty that we were looking for to customize our screens. The VIC Touch screen is a big hit for the Coordinators and the Volunteers.

Cons

We have not found any problems with this application.

Dewey H.

Volunteer Management Organization

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

When I directed a small non profit Volgistics helped us get volunteers organized. We were able to more effectively schedule and communicate with the people we depended on the most.

Jared M.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I have used Volgistics at over 6 different agencies (private nonprofit and governmental).

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Volgistics has helped me build lasting volunteer programs across the country over the last 10+ years.

Pros

The ease of use is what I like most. Within moments of opening the app, you can navigate to wherever you need to be.

Cons

Volgistics has been a little slow at keeping up with mobile technology, but seems to have a good eye on the future at this point. I would have liked to see mobile volunteer check in a few years ago.

Response from Volgistics

Wow Jared! Thank you for your review, and your continued confidence in what Volgistics can do for the different organizations you work with!

James M.

Volunteering at its best!

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Overall we have been able to run our program more efficiently and with a better management system. We will continue to use and promote Volgistics to everyone that has a need!

Pros

Volgistics has been a great tool we use here at Pathways and I have personally used Volgistics at my previous organization. Some of the things we love about Volgistics is the ability to create our own look and feel in the management system and a linked application to the system. This tool has been a life saver for grants and volunteer hour tracking.

Cons

There has not been anything that I can say has been a con using Volgistics. We are 80% ran by volunteers and all our meals are donated by restaurants, being able to track all the volunteers and partners with our organization has been wonderful!!

Response from Volgistics

Thank you for the review, James! We're glad that Volgistics is able to make your job a little bit easier.

Janet M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Love, love, love Volgistics

Reviewed on 2016/07/27

Volgistics is fantastic for organizing my volunteer department. The scheduling feature alone is worth the price. Volunteers can actually schedule themselves so that I don't have to manage it. Configuring was easy, using it is pretty intuitive, and the email customer support is fabulous. No 800 number to call but I find they respond very quickly to emails.

Pros

The scheduling and timekeeping features. It's easy for volunteers to access the system. They have very little trouble except for the usual forgetting their passwords. But they can reset them. The only problems I have are with the older volunteers who just can't seem to grasp computers.

Cons

The reporting feature could use work. Since I don't understand the configuration of the database it is sometimes difficult to figure out which report I need to run. It has taken a lot of my time and sometimes the numbers don't make sense. They need to work on this feature.

Steven W.

Volgistics customer support

Reviewed on 2014/06/03

Volgistics is a company that provides software for managing groups of volunteers. It is a hosted application, which means that the data on volunteers is kept on Volgistics servers and is accessed by web browser. Fees are paid based on the number of volunteer records. We use them for managing two relatively small sets of volunteers (500 or so). A most amazing thing about their customer service is that if you have a question, you CAN'T call them and speak to anyone. BUT, you never have to. Their documentation is a collection of numbered articles, available on their web site, covering just about everything you could possibly want to do or know. It is complete, detailed, thorough, understandable, almost beyond description. If you have a support question, you make it by email, and what you usually get back, very promptly, is an answer that usually is a reference to one of their articles. If the article does not completely answer the question in a completely understandable way, you can ask a follow-up question and get a prompt clarification. But you don't often have to. Their documentation is so complete that for all one can tell their support staff is some guy with a laptop in a hammock by a beach somewhere, sending out documentation links in response to support questions. The documentation is so good, that's just about all it takes to do support. Anyone who ever has beaten his head on some computer program trying to figure out how to make it work will love Volgistics.

Cristine J.

Hats off to the Volgistics Team

Reviewed on 2011/08/24

Love the program

Pros

St. Vincent de Paul Society of Marin County has been blessed with the Volgistic Data System. I work part time making it almost impossible to run a program with 2000 volunteers. Thanks to the Volgistics services I am able to train volunteers, schedule their hours on line and keep track of which volunteers are at which sights, even when I am away at a conference. Volunteer team leaders have the access they need to run their programs effectively and every event has a clear outline and contact info. giving me more time to concentrate on our volunteers.

I have worked for 8 years at SVDP and I feel confident that when I leave the SVDP Society of Marin County on August 27th, 2011 that, as result of having this program, St. Vincent de Paul Society will continue to thrive with the aid of the Vic Net and Vic Touch program.

I would like to thank the Volgistics team for always answering my questions regarding your program in a timely effective manner.

Cons

Set up for the program was challenging

Internal Volunteer Database Management

Reviewed on 2018/02/14

Pros

It's great for compiling volunteer data and keeping internal notes. Fairly easy to email groups of volunteers from inside the software.

Cons

It's got a clunky, outdated user interface that is unappealing to prospective volunteers. Limited list capacity without purchasing the ability to add more.

Response from Volgistics

We're sorry you haven't been thrilled with Volgistics. You're right that the user interface is a bit dated, and we're working on plans to begin updating it.

We've always tried to be upfront about our pricing model. It's mostly based on the number of volunteers you want to track instead of the features you want. This allows small organizations to use the same features as larger ones, and the fee typically scales with the organizations ability as the volunteer base grows.

Joanna K.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Overall good quality, but needs improvement.

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

Ability to track our volunteers!

Pros

Easy to email and track all volunteer hours and store volunteer data for reporting purposes. Customer service is great at responding to questions, though it sometimes takes a little time for a response.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to navigate, but you just have to get used to it. Also continually have to upgrade or delete archived volunteers with set limits on how many volunteers you can have entered.

Response from Volgistics

Thank you for the review, Joanna!

Regarding the timing for support, we want to let you know that we try to respond as quickly as possible. Our average response time typically hovers between 5 and 10 minutes during our support hours, and we strive to keep that number low. But, our responses aren't always sent by email automatically, so it sounds like some of them may have slipped by you. You can find any past inquiries and our responses in your account by going to Mailbox | Help E-mail.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to send an inquiry (https://www.volgistics.com/support.htm).

The Volgistics Team

Shelli B.

Happy Volgistics User

Reviewed on 2011/11/02

I HIGHLY recommend Volgistics as a database system for any group that works with multiple volunteers. Volgistics makes corresponding with volunteers, tracking all aspects of volunteers and reporting about volunteers faster, more efficient and easier.

Pros

I get answers to questions very quickly through the e-mail system. I am able to generate monthly reports while I'm not at my desk (automatic every month), in the morning I come in and they are in my in-box! I am able to keep track of volunteers without a lot of data entry on our part. I am able to keep track of mandatory service for our service learning students. I like to be able to enter notes for each volunteer after phone calls have been made or e-mail correspondence is received or sent. We just started accepting on-line applications--this is awesome. I love this feature.

Cons

I wish that I could scan a document and save it in a volunteers record, but I do know that Volgistics says that they are working to get this to be something that we can do.

Susan A.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Customer Service / Techncial Help is second to none!

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Customer support and technical help is outstanding. Their are many videos and tutorials but if you still need help, they answer your questions very quickly and thoroughly.

Pros

This is very powerful software with SO MANY features and options - many more than I could possibly use, but they are there if you do have a need and I keep discovering more and more useful features.

Cons

Initial set-up can be a little overwhelming and intimidating, but only because there are so many features and options.

Camellia C.

Volgistics is great for some companies, but not all.

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

We enjoyed the general benefits of using a volunteer management system for our office and volunteers, but there was not much to the system.

Pros

We enjoyed the general usage of a volunteer management system and the basic functions it allowed our office to utilize.

Cons

Volgistics just can't compete with CERVIS and Volunteer Hub in features and functionality! Volgistics needs some serious upgrades to compete with today's top volunteer management systems.

Response from Volgistics

Thank you for the review Camellia. Volgistics is a powerful tool and we understand it can take some time to learn the ins and outs. Many features need to be turned on in Setup before you'll see them, so it's possible you might have missed what you were looking for. If you decide to sign up for another trial, please don¿t hesitate to write to us if you have any questions regarding features or the best way to set something up.

Perfect for small staffs

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

Our volunteer managements system was very taxing on a small staff of two people with many other responsibilities. This program was huge in allowing volunteers to organize and communicate with us while being minimally taxing on our busy office.

Cons

It's definitely better suited for a larger organization, but we've found ways in which to make it work for us.