Lavu POS

Cloud-based iPad POS system for the restaurant industry

Michael

Great inventory and POS software

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

Great inventory and POS software. Ease of use and easy to teach employees to use.

Pros

Ability to have multiple locations. Ability to make inventory items easily. Ability to use an iPad for inventory counts.

Cons

Have to manually bath credit cards at end of day.

Response from Lavu

Hi Michael, thanks so much for your review! We're very happy that Lavu helped your multiple locations streamline operations. We appreciate your business!

Angel

Excellent POS for beginners

Reviewed on 2022/02/16

Pros

Is an easy to use, easy to program POS system. We use it from the beginning of our opening. Easy to use for employees and low cost for owners.

Cons

Probably make improvement on the schedule part to be more robust.

Avaya UCaaS, Clover and Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Prices, and easy use and opportunity to grow

Response from Lavu

Hi Angel, thank you for your feedback! We are always trying to improve our POS system, and scheduling is on that list!

Tr
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Do not trust Lavu with payment information

Reviewed on 2023/08/21

My longer story is under BF on the BBB website. [sensitive content hidden]
But essentially, after...

My longer story is under BF on the BBB website. [sensitive content hidden]
But essentially, after a miserable year of trying to get Lavu to stop incorrectly and excessively charging my credit card. I switched away with a zero balance. Then this morning, a year and a half later, got a new bill for $188 which the customer service representative refused to cancel. When will they stop?

Pros

For a short term, I saved money on processing with Lavu/PayPal over when Square increased their rate, until Lavu started randomly charging amounts to my credit cards.

Cons

Relentless billing issues. New charges without disclosure or agreement. Absolutely incompetent customer service. Less functional product than other POS.

Response from Lavu

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you faced regarding the incorrect billing. We understand how frustrating such situations can be, and we're truly sorry for any stress this may have caused.
We're glad to hear that we were able to resolve the issue promptly and that you were not charged for the bill.
Our team is committed to providing top-notch service and ensuring our customers' satisfaction, and we regret that we fell short of your expectations.
We truly appreciate your understanding and patience throughout this process. Should you have any further concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly. We would be more than happy to assist you in any way we can.

Philip

New User Review

Reviewed on 2022/03/03

Overall, we have great support. all specialists are knowledgeable and helpful to resolve any issues, questions or concerns that come up.

Pros

Ease of use is important to a beginner in the field.

Cons

Backend layout is a bit clunky, too many drop down and making groups and stuff is a bit of a pain. Also when saving sometimes it seems to not save.

Linga rOS System

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Easier platform that Linga and pricing was better. also online ordering w/doordash integration with lavu was a must and they offered it but with much higher fees.

Response from Lavu

Hey Philip, thank you for your feedback! We're happy that you are satisfied with Lavu and our customer support team!

Giuseppe

Amazing and efficient service

Reviewed on 2023/07/19

Amazing

Amazing

Pros

Everything : fast and efficient and reasonably price

Cons

Nothing ; we are very happy in particular with [sensitive content hidden]

TouchBistro

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

Price and efficiency

Toast POS

Price and efficiency

Response from Lavu

Hi Giuseppe, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so glad to hear that everything has been amazing! As always please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Thank you again!

• Industry: Restaurants

Worst small business pos system ever

Reviewed on 2023/10/05

We bought into Lavu when we first opened because it seemed user-friendly and fairly simple. We really only have a few products, so it should be a. no-brainer right? NO. Unfortunately for us, we integrated it into our online menu and electronic menu and it's tied into everything on the back end. So the MANY. MANY times we thought about switching to another POS system, it just seemed like too much of a hassle. Well, here we are again, absolutely regretting sticking with them. So tired of their horrible customer service, which consists of waiting on hold forever and eventually getting connected with someone overseas. No one ever knows what you're talking about and if they transfer you, you have to start all over from scratch, including your name and what company you're from and what the problem is. Their fees are high. Their technology is outdated. Their upgrades actually make it harder and make it take longer to check a customer out. It is ridiculous that amount of steps you have to take to have a customer pay.

Pros

Nothing now. They have gotten significantly worse over the years.

Cons

Customer service is horrible. Updates are horrible. Them keeping you in the loop? Horrible.

Response from Lavu

Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the experience you had. As far as I know, the issue has been resolved and there are no further concerns. If this is not the case, please do let us know. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Shanon

iPad based POS

Reviewed on 2023/05/24

Fantastic!! Editing my menu has never been so easy!!

Fantastic!! Editing my menu has never been so easy!!

Pros

Ease of use and service so far. No problems so limited need for service. But when we call fast and efficient!!

Cons

We chose to only have payment devices on the stations and not on the iPad case due to added cost. Now wonder if we should have gone with all.

Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

In person rep for service and install.

In person rep.

Response from Lavu

Hi Shanon, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu so far! We are so glad to hear that everything is going well. As always, please reach out to customer support if you need anything. Thanks, again!

Debbie
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

❤️ LAVU❤️ It's a must for your Bar/Restaurant!

Reviewed on 2023/09/02

We, as a business, Love our new system..I would recommend this system to anyone. We was treated by respect and professionalism from are 1st phone call.Beginning with basic information: explaining everything in detail, sending us videos and answering all our questions. We researched many other POS systems and LUVA was hands-down our first choice because of their fast response and the details they offered.

Pros

Everything! It's so user friendly. Reports are amazing. Makes book keeping a breeze. This system will track everything from sales, inventory, hours worked into great detailed reports. Our bartenders love it. Screen are easily read, and so easy to use.

Cons

There are a few problems we found with splitting and merging tickets. A simple call to tech and was fixed with in minutes. We also have a few things that we can't charge taxes or credit card fees on. You will have call tech to remove these these charges.

Response from Lavu

Hi Debbie, thanks so much for sharing! We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience so far. As always, if you are ever in need of support, please reach out!

Hilton

Fast simple and reliable

Reviewed on 2023/08/04

They have a phenomenal suppprt staff that have always tried their best to help me on 1 call. Very rarely does it take more than one interaction to fix something I can’t do myself

Pros

The iPad approach with pictures and point and press make it easy for new hires to catch on quick.

Cons

The inventory program could be better designed to allow scanning of bills. It’s very labor intensive to try to keep inventory up.

Response from Lavu

Hi Hilton, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Lavu. We are glad to hear that overall, you are happy. As always, please reach out if you need anything!

Oakie

Gets the job done!

Reviewed on 2023/08/29

As a business owner confident in presenting Lavu as a solution for their business, I have No concerns they can deliver a quality experience.

Pros

I can say I’ve tested the limits they will go to get the job done. After working with sales and tech support for 12 long hours the challenge was achieved. It was a very trying day but no one gave up until the job was done.

Cons

The payroll integration solution would help the value of the service.

Response from Lavu

Hi Oakie, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu! We are so glad to hear that your expectations have been met and you have no concerns. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Brian
  • Industry: Restaurants

Good product, hard to find anything that compares.

Reviewed on 2022/05/09

Pretty good experience overall. Over the years we've had communication issues. There have been some price increases and fees snuck in that I wasn't happy about. I can usually read between the lines and see when they are doing things to attempt to make.. and they haven't always been the most upfront about it. I usually call them out on it and at times have had to email the[SENSITIVE CONTENT] about issues that weren't getting resolved. I will say he's immediately gotten on the issues each and every time I've email and gotten me taken care of. Years ago there were some pretty bad issues with the service going offline and we were totally down. This has gotten 1000% better since they switched to AWS hosting. We did have another several hour outage recently, but that's the first and only one in years.

Pros

Pretty easy to use, stable for the most part. We've been using the software for 7+ years I believe. Over time we've integrated and started using more and more of their products such as KDS and card processing. Recently restructured their pricing and we now get the same service for less!

Cons

At times, certain things could be easier. I don't think the pizza building is perfect and could still use work. This goes for both Lavu and MenuDrive. We make it work and they've made lots of improvements over the years with help from our input.

Response from Lavu

Hi Brian! First off, I'd like to thank you for your continued business, and for your feedback! We really appreciate your comments, and we are continuously improving our product to fit the needs of each customer.

Jason

Save Your Money

Reviewed on 2021/08/20

Pros

I was an existing customer since the inception of Lavu in 2012.

Cons

I purchased the system in 2012. Lavu offered a wireless system when they first came out. I soon learned if you sent a big ticket to the kitchen, it wouldn't print. Lavu advised the system needed to be hardwired for the printers to work properly.
I was a gold member when I signed up. I was told my price would never be higher than [Sensitive Content] per month. This turned out, not to be true.
The system worked flawlessly until about 2018. Lavu would frequently go down, offline, drop printer IP addressees, rogue attacks etc. In 2018 and 2019 I lost a lot of money thanks to Lavu.
I closed as most restaurants did in 2020 due to Covid. During the months I was open I noticed one month Lavu would auto debit my account for [Sensitive Content] one month, [Sensitive Content] the next. In March of 2021 to avoid these random charges I paid Lavu a year in advance. It was around [Sensitive Content] for service and a monthly charge for using up to 5 devices. In June 2021 I had to close and sale the business for a loss. I contacted Lavu to refund my money, and they refused. Don't do business with this company.

Response from Lavu

Hi Jason, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you had to close down your restaurants, and that we were not able to issue a refund at the time. We appreciate your business for almost 10 years, and would love to hear from you. Please reach out so we can see what can be done.

Wes

STAY AWAY

Reviewed on 2017/11/27

Pros

The interface is user friendly, and tickets get sent to kitchen without many problems. But we could do this with paper

Cons

Everything else! Whenever we have a issue they send it to the "developmental team" also known as the black hole. When we signed up they said "offline processing was in the works" that was 2 years ago. Reports are literally ALWAYS wrong. If you look at sales on two different reports they never are the same. For a span of about three months they miscalculated sales tax, having us over pay hundreds of dollars! For a long time they randomly doubled numbers on server reports, and now there is a random .50 added to numbers on servers reports. I have a tax background an I informed them the liability they were putting on us and our servers by misreporting so they showed me on the IRS website where they were right, THEY SET UP THERE SYSTEM BASED OFF THE WRONG PART OF THE IRS CODE. Not to mention that it randomly opens tickets from all different times that we have to re-close and I'm not sure we get paid for them or not. When we call customer support they are really nice, but our issues always get sent to the "Developmental Team" to never be heard about again!

Response from Lavu

Hi Wes, we are sorry to hear that your experience Lavu was less than perfect. We are constantly working to improve our product and fix bugs as fast as possible. We encourage you to reach out to our customer support team for any other questions.

Mark

We love it

Reviewed on 2023/01/13

We have been using it for 6 years and think it is great. When we have new employees, most of them have never heard of Lavu, but after using it they typically remark at how easy it is to update and how easy it is to use

Pros

It is very intuitive with a simple and easy to use layout. Pretty much everything is easy to find and easy to customize. It feels light and responsive where other, more expensive options often feel cumbersome. The chat and phone based service have also proven very useful at times

Cons

The online ordering platform didn't work very well for us, unfortunately, so we abandoned that. We love the everything else, though

Response from Lavu

Hi Mark,

It's great to hear how well Lavu has worked for you. Thank you for being a loyal customer for 6 years!

Mia

Seafood restaurant

Reviewed on 2022/08/12

Lavu has made it much easier for our restaurant to handle the influx of customers during the summer months

Pros

Used Lavu as our Point of Sale for years, I really like how easy it was to use and how portable the iPads are. Simple setup, we got it done ourselves in a few hours. Support team always there if we need it.

Cons

If wifi is flaky, system slows done, especially in busy times

Response from Lavu

Hi Mia, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear how well Lavu has worked for your restaurant and staff. Please reach out if you have any questions!

Deanna
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

requested

Reviewed on 2022/07/14

Pros

The reports are extremely useful. I like the option to put recipes with the individual menu item.

Cons

When the system is overloaded and goes down, it never comes at a convenient time, generally Friday at 5pm

Square Point of Sale and Toast POS

Response from Lavu

Hi Deanna, thanks so much for your feedback! We're glad to hear that Lavu helps specifically with your reporting! If you have any questions, please reach out!

Armond

The worst cuatomer service

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

Very very bad.

Very very bad.

Pros

Always someone answer it in india
They always take the notes of problem and promiss someo e will call you. Nobody ever calls

Cons

I had 3 different tickets of issues with lavu one was about chipreaders that they send it and themselve couldnot activate it. all i got was that someone will call me soon and after 2 months all i had was excuses and the person who was supposed to call never did. Now they are saying that i cant return the items because it passed the 3p days even though it was never ooend or used. The raise the price without letting me know or get my approval ( apparently they send an email whicb is proabably still in my spam folder ) and charge my auto pay 5 times more than what originally were supposed to do. After i complain the shut down the system and refuse to give me the information i needed to do payroll and tip calculation.
The worst pos company. Do not buy this junk

Response from Lavu

Armond, we are very sorry to hear about the issues you are having. We strive to have the best customer service and provide a great experience for all of our users. Please reach out to our support team at at 855-528-8457 and one of our team members will be glad to help you out with any issues that you are having.

Judy

The Best POS System

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

I absolutely love the point of sale system. Helps to be able to take orders from customers and send the order to the kitchen from the table. Then you can move on to the next table. It is so easy to learn and use. I like that you can go into the backside of the program and check your sales for the day, your amount of hours that you worked for the week and also what your own statistics are for tables waited on, amount of food you sold and what the prices of everything are. It is so Awesome!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up and it is self-explanatory. You can go into the backside of the program and checks your sales for the day, how many customers you yourself have waited on.

Cons

Not much about the software that I didn't like. Sometimes though I would have a hard time getting connected on my Ipad.

Response from Lavu

Hi Judy, thank you for your feedback! We love hearing how great Lavu is working for our customers! We're glad you like it.

Colleen

Alaska Businesses Beware

Reviewed on 2019/06/16

Feeling frustrated and unheard

Feeling frustrated and unheard

Pros

I like the iPads to send tickets to the cook and track sales

Cons

After two years of using the POS system, they still have not corrected the payroll setting s for OT as per Alaska Law. It has been reported over and over again for 2 years, yet we continue to receive automated msgs that they are working to resolve the issue. If you own a business in Alaska, I can guarantee that you are paying too much in OT . If you are an Alaskan owner relying on a manager to trust your payroll settings you had better check this yourself.

Response from Lavu

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing frustration. Your review has been shared with our product team to make sure they are aware of the ongoing issue. We value you as a customer and will do our best to resolve the problem. The Lavu Team.

enung

fraud by billing request or shutdown lavu

Reviewed on 2017/09/04

Pros

about the sistem we are of course happy after one year of lavu at our restaurant, our job is helping from lavu, accouting administration kitchen and all is going in perfect harmonies

Cons

fraud by billing request or shut down lavu. Yes that happen two times , last time few days ago I get a message on a strange open windows of lavu account, was about to pay or shutdown the system but we always pay, so I was worry what happen if shotdown lavu at my place then they ask the min payment, so I used my credit card for pay it but at end they took more for Hosting PAID without any consense from me. we used to pay an agent of lavu so he doesn't answer fast half and that can happen. Now he said like last time they will refund to me but of course after some month... so disappointed about it. Hope to try back faster my money because the agent he asks me to pay him to because isn't his fault. hope someone tries to explain and solve my problem.

Response from Lavu

Hi Enung, thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate it. We're sorry that you had some billing difficulties with Lavu, and we would love to hear more details. Please reach out to us at (855) 767-5288.

Luis

LAVU complete POS system

Reviewed on 2022/07/19

LAVU has been a really helpfull tool from organizing the orders that goes to the kitchen, to getting special reports.

Pros

It´s an easy sytem to learn and to teach to third parties, alot of filters to get the detail information needed.

Cons

One thing that i notice is that i can not move the category windows as i desire, to have a better organization in the POS. And another thing is that from time to time the POS in the tablets won´t let us login until some billling issues are resolved, not sure what is that about.

Response from Lavu

Hi Luis, thanks for your feedback! We're glad to hear that Lavu has been helpful in all aspects of running your restaurant. We are constantly working to perfect our product and eliminate bugs in the software. Please reach out if you need anything!

Cindi

My experience with Lavu

Reviewed on 2022/10/28

I have been very satisfied with this company.

I have been very satisfied with this company.

Pros

The ease of navigating through all the different functions available.

Cons

I really haven’t found anything that I have felt is worth complaining about or suggesting changes.

Response from Lavu

Hi Cindi,

Thanks so much for reaching out and taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. The Lavu team really appreciates hearing about your experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions.

Douglas

Chef

Reviewed on 2023/08/14

Payroll POS online and

Payroll POS online and

Pros

Customer service support is excellent!!!

Cons

Nothing really even when something is wrong smoothly work out

Response from Lavu

Hi Douglas, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu! We are so glad to hear that you are happy.

Russell

Online all inclusive restaurant POS

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

There is an open ended API for other application integration, but we are not savvy enough to do this ourselves. It would be great if there were more companies and different aspects of integration on the back end for more high end analytics and functionality. (IE: Quickbooks, Simple Order, Etc.).

Pros

Very versatile and easy to use. Easy to make modifications and adjustments within the system and customize to our specific operation.

Cons

Sometimes connection of iPads can be a little shotty as it goes for the order takers communicating with LAVU KDS, and it has been hard to get the problem fully resolved, but it only creates a mild irritant and not a full distraction from the overall business.

Response from Lavu

Hi Russell, thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate hearing how much Lavu is working for your restaurant. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Jeffrey

Reviewed on 2016/06/17

To the team at POS LAVU, Just wanted to thank you guys so much for listening to some of our concerns over the years about upgrades to your systems. When we came on board with you guys we were somewhat hesitant to your system. After we made the change we feel as if we all have grown together. We would like to personally say thank you for the time and effort you have put into your growth and we expect to be with you for many many more years. And by the way we now have 3 restaurants with your system and are looking to upgrade two more...Again thank you from all of us at the Pugliese Group...

Response from Lavu

Hi Jeffrey, thank you so much for being a loyal Lavu customer! We appreciate your business, and we are happy that we could update and improve some features that your business needed specifically.