Lavu POS

4,1 (169)
Cloud-based iPad POS system for the restaurant industry

Lok

Reviewed on 2022/02/18

It’s been like a love and hate relationship

Pros

It was nice and easy to get used to. The system was nice.

Cons

The WiFi would go offline sometimes for hours

Clover

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

My manager made the switch

Response from Lavu

Hi Lok, thank you for your feedback! We're sorry that your restaurant's wifi has been having issues - it's always a nuisance when that happens. Please reach out if there is anything we can help with.

Brian
  • Industry: Restaurants

Good product, hard to find anything that compares.

Reviewed on 2022/05/09

Pretty good experience overall. Over the years we've had communication issues. There have been some price increases and fees snuck in that I wasn't happy about. I can usually read between the lines and see when they are doing things to attempt to make.. and they haven't always been the most upfront about it. I usually call them out on it and at times have had to email the[SENSITIVE CONTENT] about issues that weren't getting resolved. I will say he's immediately gotten on the issues each and every time I've email and gotten me taken care of. Years ago there were some pretty bad issues with the service going offline and we were totally down. This has gotten 1000% better since they switched to AWS hosting. We did have another several hour outage recently, but that's the first and only one in years.

Pros

Pretty easy to use, stable for the most part. We've been using the software for 7+ years I believe. Over time we've integrated and started using more and more of their products such as KDS and card processing. Recently restructured their pricing and we now get the same service for less!

Cons

At times, certain things could be easier. I don't think the pizza building is perfect and could still use work. This goes for both Lavu and MenuDrive. We make it work and they've made lots of improvements over the years with help from our input.

Response from Lavu

Hi Brian! First off, I'd like to thank you for your continued business, and for your feedback! We really appreciate your comments, and we are continuously improving our product to fit the needs of each customer.

matt

Lavu POS Review

Reviewed on 2020/12/28

used to have excellent customer service, but our system went down two days before xmas and we were unable to run credit cards for half the day. second busiest day since july. Couldn't enter tips that day either.
and i tried calling them 3 times that night, plus an email. their chat hasn't worked in months.
4 days later I still have not heard from them

Pros

i don't remember why I chose them over the three other ones I tried a couple of years ago.
I think because I could use my own credit card processor.

But its easy enough to use for the features that i use which are basic operation of cash register
it is intuitive and takes little training

Cons

things go wrong, the printer drops offline a lot and needs help getting back. sometimes its the wifi that reconfigures to a different wifi, sometimes the printer just randomly stops working.

I can't use the staff scheduling because they insist that work week starts on sunday, yet that is halfway through the weekend. our schedule and pay period run monday- sunday
but I am now looking for a system that can organize cake orders for a week or a month after the order is taken, which most systems don't do.

Also they said that my gift cards would integrate, but they did not

Response from Lavu

Hi Matt, thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate hearing from all of our customers, and we do love that Lavu helped you with processing on your terms. We have expanded our customer support team to be available 24/7, in several countries, through chat, email, and phone.

Murtaza

Lavu POS

Reviewed on 2021/10/01

Pros

Lavu POS is a very easy-to-use iPad-based POS. I have been using it for more than 7 years and it has improved from time to time. The ease of setting up a menu online through the Lavu control panel in no time is a blessing you can set multiple modifiers and group modifiers for all the items. The customer order-taking process is very smooth & quick for the staff as they can add the food or beverages item send it to the Kitchen the items will be printed on the respective station. Lavu POS suits our restaurant environment as we have seating arrangements upstairs and downstairs everything works flawlessly with the old apple routers that we have been using.

Cons

They have been fixing most of the glitches from time to time. We started using Lavu Retro that was the most stable version of Lavu since that there have been so many changes current version is 5.0. It works slow during busy hours but not most of the time.

The item adds up to the receipt multiple times which makes the reconciliation difference in the end-of-day report. The printer stops working sometimes so we have to close the app and reopen it again.

Response from Lavu

Hi Murtaza, thank you for your review! We love hearing from our customers. We are always working towards making our product the best it can be!

Mia

Seafood restaurant

Reviewed on 2022/08/12

Lavu has made it much easier for our restaurant to handle the influx of customers during the summer months

Pros

Used Lavu as our Point of Sale for years, I really like how easy it was to use and how portable the iPads are. Simple setup, we got it done ourselves in a few hours. Support team always there if we need it.

Cons

If wifi is flaky, system slows done, especially in busy times

Response from Lavu

Hi Mia, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear how well Lavu has worked for your restaurant and staff. Please reach out if you have any questions!

patty
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great on-line ordering system for Breakfast/Lunch restaurant

Reviewed on 2022/06/15

We are happy with Menudrive, the cost is acceptable and we like how our staff doesn't need to answer the phone to get the order. Our diner is loud and it's hard to hear the order, get the payment info, delivery address etc. Plus they often want to know their total price. Menudrive allows them to easily place their order & pay for their order - without taking up staff time. We wish all of our take out and delivery orders would be via Menudrive.

Pros

Menudrive is easy to program; took some time but our menu is large and we being a breakfast diner we had many options for customers ie: how do they want their eggs cooked, meat type, bread type, etc. Menudrive allows an unlimited amount of items & required info

Cons

when entering items it was redundant having to enter the time available (if it wasn't an all day availability). Lots of key strokes but once it's done, it's done.

Response from Lavu

Hi Patty, thank you for your feedback! We love to hear from our MenuDrive customers, and how the product can help out businesses like yours!

Scott

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2022/08/22

Using Lavu has made it easier to do online ordering and takeout meals. Reports are much better than our last POS.

Pros

Easy to use and train staff on. Customer service is always nice and helpful, stays on the phone, and then follows up afterward. Like the control panel and reporting.

Cons

Price point - it can be more pricey than expected.

Response from Lavu

Hi Scott,

Thanks for letting us know how well Lavu has worked for your restaurant! It's great to hear from our customers about what they specifically love about Lavu. Please reach out if you need anything!

Peter
  • Industry: Restaurants

i have no idea what the title should be

Reviewed on 2022/08/23

Pros

technical support is good. its a cloud based software and it does what i need for POS function.

Cons

i inherited this system when i bought the system. i was not given good customer success support from the account executive. in fact, this is the weakest aspect and where your company is vulnerable to customer attrition.

Response from Lavu

Hi Peter, thanks so much for your feedback. We really value hearing from customers who inherited the system, and we would love to answer any questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to reach out at (855) 767-5288.

Samson

Customer service

Reviewed on 2022/05/14

Overall it works well. There are small glitches but the latest update seems to have taken care of many of them. It works for our situation.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] are very helpful and knowledgeable in their fields. Great service and pleasant to speak with.

Cons

Menu drive online ordering needs to be more user friendly when updating items for pricing changes and adding pictures or descriptions.

Response from Lavu

Hi Samson - thank you so much for your feedback! We truly appreciate it, and your business. We are constantly working on making MenuDrive as user-friendly as possible for all customers.

Small restaurant using Lavu

Reviewed on 2022/02/16

Pros

Keeps sales history organized and easy to find. ex: Sales reports by days/months/years.

Cons

Software can be slow and buggy at times. Will stop working during rush hour/high use.

Response from Lavu

Hi! Thank you for your feedback! We greatly appreciate it and are always looking to improve in the most important areas.

Jason

Save Your Money

Reviewed on 2021/08/20

Pros

I was an existing customer since the inception of Lavu in 2012.

Cons

I purchased the system in 2012. Lavu offered a wireless system when they first came out. I soon learned if you sent a big ticket to the kitchen, it wouldn't print. Lavu advised the system needed to be hardwired for the printers to work properly.
I was a gold member when I signed up. I was told my price would never be higher than [Sensitive Content] per month. This turned out, not to be true.
The system worked flawlessly until about 2018. Lavu would frequently go down, offline, drop printer IP addressees, rogue attacks etc. In 2018 and 2019 I lost a lot of money thanks to Lavu.
I closed as most restaurants did in 2020 due to Covid. During the months I was open I noticed one month Lavu would auto debit my account for [Sensitive Content] one month, [Sensitive Content] the next. In March of 2021 to avoid these random charges I paid Lavu a year in advance. It was around [Sensitive Content] for service and a monthly charge for using up to 5 devices. In June 2021 I had to close and sale the business for a loss. I contacted Lavu to refund my money, and they refused. Don't do business with this company.

Response from Lavu

Hi Jason, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you had to close down your restaurants, and that we were not able to issue a refund at the time. We appreciate your business for almost 10 years, and would love to hear from you. Please reach out so we can see what can be done.

Jamison

Worst POS System Ever

Reviewed on 2022/01/20

Horrendous. Customer Service pressures retention on cancellations - then they fraudulently charge bank accounts after the fact. T Their CEO spams all account holders each week with cringe-worthy emails. Lavu is an embarrassment to the POS industry. LAVU is a shady company at best and a headache for any real restaurant at worst.

Pros

There are NO Pros for this POS. Never using the software is the best Pro out there.

Cons

After canceling the software - they kept charging our accounts for months. When confronted about the charges and after submitting confirming emails, they stated the charges were approved but offer no proof even though email confirmations from their own AR show the opposite. Customer Service might be the worst in the business. Told us they would return our call in 1 business day to rectify the situation and they finally replied 3 weeks later - Drained over $300 directly from our accounts. STAY AWAY

Response from Lavu

Hi Jamison, thank you for being a customer of Lavu for more than two years, but I am very sorry to hear how bad your experience was, especially towards the end of your use of us. I do apologize on behalf of the customer support team if you were not contacted in a timely manner, or communications were not clear. We would be happy to sort any remaining issues out, so please let us know if that is something you are interested in.

Armond

The worst cuatomer service

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

Very very bad.

Pros

Always someone answer it in india
They always take the notes of problem and promiss someo e will call you. Nobody ever calls

Cons

I had 3 different tickets of issues with lavu one was about chipreaders that they send it and themselve couldnot activate it. all i got was that someone will call me soon and after 2 months all i had was excuses and the person who was supposed to call never did. Now they are saying that i cant return the items because it passed the 3p days even though it was never ooend or used. The raise the price without letting me know or get my approval ( apparently they send an email whicb is proabably still in my spam folder ) and charge my auto pay 5 times more than what originally were supposed to do. After i complain the shut down the system and refuse to give me the information i needed to do payroll and tip calculation.
The worst pos company. Do not buy this junk

Response from Lavu

Armond, we are very sorry to hear about the issues you are having. We strive to have the best customer service and provide a great experience for all of our users. Please reach out to our support team at at 855-528-8457 and one of our team members will be glad to help you out with any issues that you are having.

Gabriela

Good pos system

Reviewed on 2022/07/01

Good system, very easy to set up and use to the servers

Pros

Easy to use, very friendly for the new hires

Cons

Some of the reports we need are not ready

NCR Aloha

Price

Response from Lavu

Hi Gabriela, thanks for your review! We are happy that Lavu is easy to use for your staff. We are also constantly updating our reporting options, so we will keep you posted.

Bernadette

LAVU support request

Reviewed on 2022/02/23

Fair learning curve

Pros

iPad capability, informative and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is deeply appreciated

Cons

One location at a time we have to input only one location at a time this is frustrating

Revel Systems

Ipad

Response from Lavu

Hi Bernadette! Thank you for your feedback, and for being a Lavu customer for so long!

Monique

Hungry Eyes

Reviewed on 2022/03/14

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Love it! Would recommend

Cons

The inventory part it needs to be changed and or updated

Clover and Toast POS

Easier and customer service

Response from Lavu

Hi Monique, thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate hearing how much you like Lavu!

SEAN
  • Industry: Restaurants

As good as any "Industry Standard"

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

We used this in a tequila bar that I was a bar manager at. We were very high volume so we needed a good POS system that never crashed, and operated quickly to minimize waiting on the system to perform functions. I think in that regard this is a great system and I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Better price point
Very intuitive and easy to pick up user-interface
Speedy screen operations, no waiting for screens to load
If you have experience with other POS systems this one will be very easy to get started with
Great team behind it
Easy to add new items to menu (you dont have to be an expert to fulfil managerial roles on the system)

Cons

There is not much that I can say against LAVU. As far as Point of Sale Systems it is just as good as any of the big dog's systems but with an affordable price point. I never had an issue with the system in my year of using it.

Response from Lavu

Hi Sean,
Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear Lavu is working well for you and your team! Don't hesitate to call us at 855-767-5288 if you have any questions.
The Lavu Team

Russell

Online all inclusive restaurant POS

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

There is an open ended API for other application integration, but we are not savvy enough to do this ourselves. It would be great if there were more companies and different aspects of integration on the back end for more high end analytics and functionality. (IE: Quickbooks, Simple Order, Etc.).

Pros

Very versatile and easy to use. Easy to make modifications and adjustments within the system and customize to our specific operation.

Cons

Sometimes connection of iPads can be a little shotty as it goes for the order takers communicating with LAVU KDS, and it has been hard to get the problem fully resolved, but it only creates a mild irritant and not a full distraction from the overall business.

Response from Lavu

Hi Russell, thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate hearing how much Lavu is working for your restaurant. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Caryn
  • Industry: Hospitality

Use as a server and bartender at independent restaurant

Reviewed on 2022/08/09

Lavu has helped our business stay afloat, especially during Covid as we had to close down. We use their online ordering software, Menudrive, as well. It made it easier for us to survive the pandemic financially and be able to open our doors again when restrictions were up.

Pros

At our restaurant, we pool tips each night, and Lavu makes it really easy to print out our tip report and figure out how much each server should be bringing home. Saves us a lot of time and effort.

Cons

The inventory feature could be better, but we don't use it that much, to begin with.

Response from Lavu

Hi Caryn,
Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it! It's so great to hear that your restaurant was able to make it through Covid with the help of MenuDrive. Please let us know if you need anything!

Steven

Nice Job Lavu

Reviewed on 2016/07/19

I have a pretty big place, with a long wine and cocktail list, but this handled all of our menu, and getting running was fast with one of the distributors we found in our area. We switched from an older POS after our contract ran out, and this seemed like the new, efficient thing to try out. It was a quick install, and way less than what I paid before. I miss some of the inventory ordering and employee scheduling my old system had, but this makes up for it in other ways. My servers picked it up right away, almost no training needed

Response from Lavu

Hi Steven, thank you for your review! We love to hear that Lavu has worked so well for your restaurant. We're especially happy that Lavu was a better pricing point with more customizable features than your previous POS.

Brian
  • Industry: Restaurants

After one full year - still happy

Reviewed on 2017/06/13

Overall, a good product and always recommend to others.

Pros

System is fairly easy to use and navigate. Easy to setup menus and configure accordingly. Customer support is pretty responsive and quick although sometimes questionable knowledge to help with all situations. Cost for system is excellent.

Cons

Fonts can be a bit small on pos interface and thus hard to read. No big cons to comment on other than have had some big hassles configuring system to work with different credit card merchants and being bounced back and forth with customer support to resolve.

Response from Lavu

Hi Brian, thank you for your feedback! We are very happy that Lavu has worked so well for your business. Please let us know if you need anything at all at (855) 767-5288.

Lauren

Constant Interruptions

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

I enjoy the reports and the admin website.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and the reporting system is great.

Cons

We have constant interruptions including but not limited to: data parse errors with the credit card processing company, iPads going down, the admin website going down, drawers locking up and printers going offline, etc. The customer service is mediocre when you can actually reach someone. Don't bother calling in for help, they don't answer the phone.

Response from Lavu

Hi Lauren, we're glad to hear Lavu's reporting was helpful to your business. We are sorry to hear that you experienced some technical and customer support issues with us. Please reach out if you have any questions.

Kevin

Excellent POS System

Reviewed on 2016/06/15

Bought the system for my pub about three years ago and I'm glad I did. Lavu has helped my staff open/close tabs much quicker than before I bought the system. I'm making more money and I can say that part of the reason is due to Lavu. Excellent POS system.

Pros

Ease of use and the reliability. Hasn't crashed on me in the three years I've had it.

Cons

Lags every once in a while.

Response from Lavu

Hi Kevin, thank you so much for your feedback! We are very happy that Lavu has streamlined your restaurant operations, and made it easier to track your reporting. Please reach out if you need anything at (855) 767-5288.

Gonzalo

Casa Mex

Reviewed on 2022/02/15

Pros

Send orders From table, and being able to not use a paper printer we use a kitchen display really helpful

Cons

When there’s a big table with several tickets how to put everything in one ticket and send it

Response from Lavu

Hi Gonzalo, thank you for reaching out with your feedback! We really appreciate it! If your servers need help combining tickets - please reach out to customer service and we are happy to help!

sam
  • Industry: Hospitality

Lavu review

Reviewed on 2022/04/26

very fun to see the company develop over the years. Almost all my experiences have been good with Lavu.

Pros

first POS that works on iPad. easy to use with nice graphical interface

Cons

no integrated electronic payment system in Canada

Response from Lavu

Hi Sam, thanks for your feedback! We love that you find Lavu easy to use. We're happy to have you as a customer!