Kindful Reviews

Kindful

Cloud-based fundraising platform and database for nonprofits

4.5/5 (177 reviews)

Customer Service and Powerful Updates make this an excellent CRM

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

We use Kindful for all our donor, sponsor and grant tracking. It has all the features of any of the competitors and has an aesthetically pleasing, easy to use interface. I love the follow up tasks option, which helps for good donors stewardship. It also recently has a Wealth Data option integrated into the software. We don't pay for the extra, but event with our minimal plan, we get a little information. It's been great for a smooth transition in staff, since it's easy to see donor giving history, relationships with other people/org, as well as contact histroy.

Pros

The customer service is INSANE. It's timely and they will work with you until theyu find a solution. Even more, many issues I've had have been resolved when they do updates. They really listen to their customers and take their feedback into mind when doing updates.

Cons

There are very limited options for customizing mail. It's a great option to be able to automatically send tax receipts, but I wish we could upload a custom header. You can upload your logo, but it appears small on the pdf.

Beth T.

Right product for our needs and budget

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

I am very pleased with Kindful. It meets the basic requirements of safe and secure data and donor management, but also provides a robust system that makes it much more than a basic system. There may be better systems, but Kindful is available to an organization like ours that does not have staff (all volunteer and constantly churning) or a budget that allows us to hire someone to manage this for us.

I am especially pleased with Kindful's customer service. The only issues I've had was when I could not articulate what I was trying to do, and luckily they knew what questions to ask to help me.

Pros

Kindful is an easy product to learn and use. The system is a dream for donor management. It's easy to enter new donors and their donations, and it's simple to display a donor's information. You can enter notes and make assignments for future activities, making sure no donor gets forgotten.

Kindful has powerful reporting capabilities. I can answer almost any question a board member asks quickly and easily with standard reports and a few extras I have saved. I can also create a new report at any time. All reports can be exported for analysis in a spreadsheet or to import the data to other software (evites, newsletters, surveys, etc.).

Transferring data into Kindful can be daunting. I appreciated that I could do practice data transfers and review my data in the system before I made a final data transfer, and that Kindful customer service representatives were helpful when I had questions.

Cons

There is a learning curve for anyone who has not used a data or donor management system in the past. The system is easy to use, but those entering data need to have some training to understand the purpose of each field and why they need to enter it accurately.

The reporting capabilities are robust, but I recommend you have someone who understands how it works to set up standard reports or work with Kindful customer service to ensure you get the information you need. It is not unusual for a new person to create a report and provide bad data because they left off a field or did not know they needed to set a data point (Successful Transactions set to "Yes" to ensure you don't include transactions that failed on your report, for example).

We are a membership organization and have learned how to use Kindful to meet our needs. It required some trial-and-error, but Kindful has a help document on this issue that was very helpful.

David S.

I use Kindful for our non-profit accounting and donor management (CRM)

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

Pros

Kindful is designed to be part of - not the whole of - a CRM/fund accounting strategy. The upside of this is that you are not pigeonholed into one system forever - it is designed to play nicely with other programs/systems.

Once you go through the learning curve, the program is straightforward and easy to use. Customer support is fantastic for questions. I have to manually enter quite a few transactions, and it is much easier to do with Kindful than with Quickbooks. Automatic reports to my board of directors are fantastic. Also, for fund based accounting, this is much simpler to use than quickbooks - I do the math through kindful and my accountant does it through quickbooks - the information is automatically shared through the quickbooks integration. Zapier integration means you can get information in and out of kindful easily. Different price points for different organization sizes is key - a low cost entry point was a big deal for me.

Cons

Not the most intuitive layout, so takes some time getting used to, but once you do it is a very powerful tool. Looks good on a desktop, but not on iphone display.

Integration with quickbooks is my main goal and is not perfect - numbers sync fine but sometimes followup is necessary to make sure the accounts/funds are credited properly.

Would love to see an integration with campaign monitor for emails and a better to-do/task sharing interface (like basecamp).

Response from Kindful

Hey David,

Thanks a million for the positive review! We're extremely grateful for the overwhelmingly positive comments you have about Kindful. Our main focus is being a platform that can connect to the services you need ¿ so it's a huge pat on our back to hear that you're able to use the QuickBooks and Zapier integrations to improve your accounting and database management.

We also appreciate the critical feedback. Improving the QuickBooks integration is on our radar, as well as improving mobile friendliness. It's also good to know how our customers prefer to use tasks/to-do's, so that feedback is huge as well.

Thanks again for the awesome review. It's very thorough and lets us in on the ways our customers are using Kindful. We're grateful to have you in the Kindful family! ¿¿

- Jared E

Brittany D.

We use it daily and it is very user friendly. Even those of us who aren't tech-savvy can 'get it'.

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

More streamlined than our previous interface, more user friendly.

Pros

I like the way everything is organized, Dashboard/Activities/Contacts... I like how reports can be automatic from the system straight to my email, daily. I like that once the credit card/ACH info is entered, we don't actually have access to those numbers, and helps with PCI compliance. When there is an issue, we email support and they respond promptly, within 24 hours, and are very friendly and very helpful. I love the size of Kindful, because I feel like they still take input from clients to improve their systems.

Cons

When a donor makes a donation and pays for the transaction fee, you have to go in manually and split the transaction fee from the donation. On days that we have recurring transactions come out, it takes us an incredible amount of time for us to find and go through all the transactions to manually split the transaction fees from the donation itself. That is very time consuming. I personally call donors often, and there is a way to make a 'note' on the donor's profile, however, to access the last time I called, I would need to scroll through transactions to find the last note or go out and create a report. There should be a 'note book' that I can open and see all our correspondence, no matter if the call was in 2012 or today. (Both of which I have brought up with Kindful Support, and they know it's an issue we have with the software).

Response from Kindful

Hi, Brittany!

Thanks for such a great review. It sounds like you're getting a ton out of the software, and that really excites and energizes us. We love seeing our customers succeed!

I really appreciate what you had to say about the size of Kindful. We really want to be personable with our customers (which includes receiving and responding to feedback!), and it sounds like you've had that experience. I also wanted you to know we've also started rolling out phone support for all customers, so you can reach our nice folks during normal business hours at (888) 854-3230.

As for the transaction fee splitting and notes view, those are both great ideas that I'll pass along to our product designers. I'm hopeful we can work on those as future updates!

Thanks again for writing in. Talk to you soon,
- Jared

Clay C.

This CRM is easy to use, saves us time and money as well as provides a good platform for donations.

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

Pros

The software is very easy to use, which means more of my staff will use it on a daily basis. The integrations with 3rd party vendors is fantastic. I can now capture all my PayPal donors data and it ties in with MailChimp nicely. The donation pages are very nice and allow me to segregate donations and allocate them to different campaigns and funds. The ability to allow the donor to cover the credit card fees has saved us per year as over 50% of people cover the fees. The email support is good and usually able to resolve an issue in less than 24 hours. I am very happy with Kindful.

Cons

Kindful's mobile responsiveness could be better. I wish they had a dedicated app or at least a better experience on small screens. Their email support is good, but I wish they had phone support for quicker resolution of issues. I feel the monthly fees are on the more expensive side of donor CRM tools. I would like better documentation and community involvement from customers. There is so much that could be done with it, but I don't know how to to implement some of it. Overall, I am happy with Kindful. They are a great company.

Response from Kindful

Hi Clay,
We're so glad you're happy with Kindful. It sounds like our PayPal and MailChimp integrations are working out great for you ¿ which makes us super happy!

We totally hear ya on the mobile responsiveness ¿ we're constantly working hard to make Kindful better on mobiles, since we know that's becoming more and more prevalent. We're also constantly working on new support articles, and ¿ just like you ¿ long for the day our customers become more communal participants on our support forums.

On the phone support side, we have good news for you! Our support line, (888) 854-3230 is now live! You'll get connected during normal business hours to a friendly Tennessean.

Thanks for writing a thorough and thoughtful review!

Catriona R.

Kindful has radically improved KBFPC's donor management

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

Pros

Customer service is outstanding - I can often find my answers in the help menu, but when I don't the email response is almost immediate and very thoughtful & thorough.
There is little that I dislike about Kindful.
Support during start up was personalized and authentically interested in what my needs and questions were, I didn't ever feel that I was being pitched to.
It is quick and easy to set up and link with Stripe etc. Importing donor information from our previous system was very simple, but I felt that Kindful staff were ready to assist at every step if I needed.
Day-to-day I get just the right amount of updates in my email inbox. Payments and new donors are quick and easy to add. The dashboard is attractive and has very relevant information. Reports are easy to generate.
I have recommended Kindful to several other local agencies - and I found it myself from another local agency.
Price is right for a small non-profit, too.

Cons

Pros FAR outweigh the cons!
Some of the features are not completely intuitive, especially the naming and categorization of them. Sometimes I have to click on several tabs to find the feature I was looking for.
Some of the "field" names do not function as I expect them to - but customer support assisted me in writing a query to fix them all at once. (it was not too problematic)
I don't love the formatting for snailmailers and acknowledgements - but I haven't spent a whole lot of time trying to tweak them. I print envelopes from Kindful, and export the list of acknowledgements and mail-merge that data into a document I prepared in Microsoft Office; again, not a big deal, but I had to figure out this work-around.

Response from Kindful

Hi, Catriona!

Thanks for writing such a glimmering review. It really brings us joy to see how much you've been able to benefit from Kindful's features. It sounds like your setup was really straightforward, you've had good experience with processing payments, adding contacts, and reporting, you feel good about the price, and all your needs have been answered by our support team. We are incredibly excited to hear that has been your experience. Hi-fives all around!

User-friendliness is always top-of-mind around here, as we strive to make Kindful as approachable as possible. Your comments about navigating, tabs, and fields have been passed on to our product designers, as well as the comments about letter and acknowledgement templates. I'm glad you discovered a bit of a workaround in the meantime, but we'll pass all those details along to improve some functionality there.

Thanks again for the feedback. We are always looking to improve!

Karen P.

Kindful is very user-friendly for a small, non-profit, non-technical staff.

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

Donor management and integration with other online tools is key for non-profit success. The support team is excellent in not only telling you what to do but explaining how it works within the system.

Pros

The software is designed to serve the needs of non-profits. It has been developed to balance the needs of the daily user and the required reporting for a growing organization. The support team is extremely helpful and responsive. For the most part the functionality is very user-friendly and user training can be done in a short time.

Cons

There is a gap in the donor management process. There is no automated process to move a contact through the Donor cycle which means manual updating through custom fields. The video instructions are good for explaining the benefits of specific features but they don't explain how to perform the tasks/process to get to the results promises.

Response from Kindful

Hi, Karen!

Thanks for writing a positive review! It thrills us that you've been able to take advantage of user-friendliness, and, in cases where you've needed help, have found it in our support team. We know not everything is perfectly intuitive, so it makes us happy to hear that when you've needed help, you've gotten it.

Your feedback about the donor cycle management is great. We preach the donor cycle to our customers all the time, as we firmly believe in using this method to fundraise. Making that process easier in our software is always coveted feedback. We also appreciate your critique on our videos. We're trying to ramp those up more in the future, and this feedback about what they're actually accomplishing will set us up really well in our future video efforts.

Thanks again for submitting this review and for being such a great person. Keep rockin' it!

Jordan M.

Kindful has grown with us. This is huge for us, and they helped us get to the next level.

Reviewed on 2017/11/06

I've already recommended this software to many people. It is really easy to recommend to small organizations who are going from nothing to "online." However, there needs to be more development and automation with email marketing, in order for me to recommend this product for an already established (still smaller) organization. As a 1.2 M organization, we are ready for our next growth spurt.

Pros

The user experience is wonderful. From good colors and layouts to ease of use, we have been able to use Kindful to get organized on the backend and jump-start our fundraising.

Cons

The capabilities with email marketing and automation within groups, causes, campaigns, or forms have been a bit difficult for us. There are work-arounds, but we are hoping for more growth and potential in these areas.

Response from Kindful

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for writing such a great review! We pride ourselves in growing with our customers, so to hear that back from you is a huge pat on the back over here.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Kindful's interface and data management tools. Hopefully better organization is helping you segment and interact with donors on a deeper level.

Your feedback about email marketing and automation is outstanding. We love getting to know how our customers want to continue using Kindful, and I can definitely see that as a next logical step for you. I'll pass that detail along to our product team and we'll look forward to seeing how those tools evolve.

Thanks for being part of the Kindful family ¿ and for spreading the word about us! We're extremely grateful to support Oasis for Orphans.

Happy fundraising,

David V.

Mid-sized nonprofit with donor management needs

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Love the user friendly-ness of the software, especially for our donors. It is great for capturing info but we need to be able to sort and filter the info better.

Pros

Allows donors to designate their donations

Cons

We have some needs that Kindful does not provide:
-Ability to log calls within a donor's profile
-Table Within Contact with custom columns
-Auto-sync emails with donor’s profile
-Improve the note taking feature
-Individualized dashboard that shows the tasks and call history for the admin logged in.
-The ability to search donor profiles based on amounts they donated to specific programs/campaigns
-Be able to track all donations on each individual contact.
-Need ages for all donors so that when I’m calling I’ll know which generation of a family I’m calling
-Be able to actually see the pictures on each person’s profile. Not just a tiny circle that cannot be zoomed in on.
-Be able to tab between cells when entering or changing information in existing donor profiles. We currently have to enter and select “edit” for the next cell. (i.e. entering address changes)
-Being able to track recurring donors for those who send checks in monthly. The only way I can see to do this is making a group, which is fluid over time and doesn’t allow us to pull accurate historical information if a donor stops sending checks in and gets removed from the group.
-Attempt to make kindful by name and by email not just email. (Make it so that families don’t have to use a random email for their 14 year old.)
-Create a way other than the cause page for donated money for a mission trip will show up on the individuals profile not just their own donations.
-ability to search by birthday month

Darlene K.

It's Worth A Look!

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

If you are looking for donor software that is user friendly, a good price, and meets your needs, then I highly suggest you give Kindful a look.

Pros

I didn't know much about donor software when I started so I began researching multiple options. As a nonprofit, I was looking for something that would meet my needs without breaking the bank. What I liked about Kindful was that it offered most of the same features as other software programs at a great price. For options that are not included, Kindful partners with other agencies so you actually get everything you need. All the agencies that Kindful partners with, information can sync directly to Kindful which is very convenient. There is also a lot of support. You can call and they actually answer the phone and there are also many scripts and videos to walk you through various things. Kindful is always looking for ways to improve. They actually listen when we respond and they have already made many improvements.

Cons

I was skeptical about Kindful not including every possible feature within it's software. However, other software that does is double or triple the cost if not more. You also may be paying for things you don't need so I actually like this option a lot more than I thought I would. So far, Kindful meets all of my needs.

Great if you're flexible.

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Overall, it gives us a lot of functionality especially for the price as compared to our former software, but at times gets a bit frustrating and/or time consuming. The service team is very helpful and on-going updates continue to improve the software and the software apps that can be used with Kindful.

Pros

Kindful is easy to use especially after the latest redo of the menu options. It's fun to use and I love having it sync with our donation page and being able to do special things like peer to peer fundraising and syncing to CrowdRise when we have special campaigns. It's great for automatic receipting and keeping an annual summary available to donors. Donors also an login to their account and do updates which really is a time saver for me - I do fewer updates on expired credit cards and address changes for example. The people who work for Kindful are very professional, friendly and helpful.

Cons

At times we get a little frustrated trying to figure out how to pull certain reports and often I run a report and then edit it in Excel. There's not a lot of flexibility as to how the report is printed. Also finding the group we want is sometimes difficult in the software - again, I may get it to a point and then manipulate the report in Excel. Some tasks in Kindful seem to take more steps than I'd prefer - somethings can be bulk updated but not all things for example.

Allessia E.

Big Upgrade for our NonProfit

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Honestly when we first signed up for Kindful we needed a lot of help with integrations and the general function of Kindful. At that time customer service was only through email and Kindful was in another time zone. I vented quite a bit in the beginning because as a new customer the tutorials didn't always provide specific solutions for our problems. NOW THEY HAVE A PHONE CALL OPTION!!! I would say that although we have grown as a customer in understanding the platform, Kindful too has grown by leaps and bounds in customer support. I feel like their IT is more knowledgeable about the platform and provides better solutions. This is one of the greatest improvements since coming on board 2 years ago! THANK YOU KINDFUL.

Pros

I love that this platform houses all of my donor information and that the donors have access to their information. I love the ease of creating new campaigns and receiving donations! I also love the ease of getting out the end of year tax receipts!

Cons

My least favorite thing about this platform is the reports. All though you can pull a report on virtually anything it doesn't provide totals and is a bit clunky. I am also still hoping for proper integration with our email platform Active Campaign to make our communications more seamless.

6.0/10
Nancy W.

Kindful

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Kindful and the API integrations has allowed our organization to improve its ability to report on metrics to our board, communicate with our donors, seamlessly integrate with our crowdfunding donors and participants, annual gala attendees and silent auction purchasers with all the information in one database. With the touch on one program, we can access information in a timely manner and present our data in a professional manner.

Pros

Customer support is AWESOME and timely responses and follow-up. API integrations with other programs for silent auction, crowdfunding fundraising report card, mailing program, and our two credit card payment processors helps us to be more efficient and effective. Report functionality of canned reports and ability to customize and create our own canned reports is perfect. Online training tools are awesome as well as the help articles. Kindful continues to add new API integrations with other software programs giving us future options. We were able to train two new staff in one week for all of the basic functions and integrations to include groups, campaigns, posting of funds and some customization of reporting.

Cons

Currently, there is no system for tracking of drip marketing for prospects and stages of development. The assigning of tasks functionality could be improved.

Marion D.

A great tool for small to mid-size nonprofits

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

We got Kindful in July 2017 to replace Salsa, which we found overpriced and clunky. We chose Kindful because, combined with Mailchimp and Eventbrite, it met our needs very well, and enabled us to reduce the cost of our development/communications/event toolkit by over 50% overnight, while substantially improving the quality of our tools. We found the Kindful team very easy to work with, always helpful and responsive. We also appreciate that Kindful keeps getting better and more sophisticated.

Pros

Kindful is very easy to learn to use, and it offers all the features that fundraisers at most small to mid-size nonprofits will want, without needless complexity and at a very reasonable price tag. It also integrates very well with best-in-class tools like Mailchimp and Eventbrite, enabling you to build a suite of tools tailored to your organization's specific needs. Kindful's dashboard is very good, and their reporting features are solid. Help materials are great. We also really appreciate the very responsive and very friendly staff, always there to help!

Cons

Some aspects of Kindful aren't super intuitive, and if you don't use them frequently, you may spend some time confused and looking around. That said, the help materials will usually solve these problems quickly.

Mackenzie R.

Small Nonprofit Loves Kindful!

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Pros

I love how easy it is to use this software! We went from organizing our donor base in spreadsheets - which is a difficult way to keep data "clean" - to using Kindful, which has helped us really minimize our time spent on data entry and upkeep. We have so much more time to spend on more important tasks.

Cons

I really wish this software had a way to describe a donation amount. We would likely get more donations if we were able to equate them to our mission somehow. Meaning, when it says $25, it could say next to it "this donation could cover the cost of ____ for our organization." Also, this addition would allow us to sell sponsorships this way, too.

Secondly, I wish this software had a quantity field.

If these two additions were made, we would eliminate the need for a event registration plug in.

Response from Kindful

Hi Mackenzie,

Thanks for the awesome review! It makes all of us at Kindful excited to hear you're getting organized and saving time. That's kind of our mantra here, so it pumps us up to hear organizations accomplishing that.

I totally hear you on the donation amount labels. Those are great ways to inspire more practical donations. I'd actually suggest doing that on your website: list the costs associated with donations, and have each donate button go to your Kindful donation page with a giving amount already preset. That way you can format everything on your website to look the way you want it, and still have the donor convert to that exact amount. If you have any questions about this process, you can call us at 888.854.3230 or email [email protected]kindful.com to get some guidance in setting that up!

Thanks again for all your great feedback. We're grateful we get to support Lolly's Locks, and proud to have you as part of the Kindful family.

Happy fundraising,

Scott M.

Empowering a small non-profit improve fundraising and donor management.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

Kindful is easy to use and track donations by campaign or by fund. You can setup color scheme preferences for all donation pages or you can customize each and every one. Kindful pages are clean and the Dashboard as been recently improved to really help monitor donor management such as donors that have upgraded giving, retention rates, activity on recurring donations, etc.

The Kindful on boarding team was extremely helpful in assisting me setup my donation pages, multiple campaigns, and making sure all my data was successfully transitioned from my previous payment gateway. Making the switch to Kindful has made it much easier for us to manage donor relations and also get better reporting by each campaign.

Cons

Some reporting features could be improved to make sure you can download actual donated funds that do not include refunds or canceled payments. While you can get customer support via email, I wish my monthly fee included at least some webchat or phone based customer support without an additional fee.

Sarah catherine T.

The easiest part of fundraising

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I have been able to integrate our golf fundraiser sign ups int our website because of your widgets but would like more customization. would love to be able to sign up volunteers/runners/etc through the site instead of using active.com! overall, this platform has made my job easier and more functional especially on the go because it's web based (surprisingly, my old organization used an archaic system that was only accessible on the server)

Pros

user friendly interface, quick turnaround on customer questions, ease of reporting, clean look when donor is using donation portal, most critical information showing

Cons

would like a better way to separate reporting on various campaigns during a given year and general manipulation of data (for example, the transaction reports are sent via pdf so I can't easily analyze the data in a spreadsheet), would like outstanding card value to be a reporting option,

William C.

Kindful makes me look good.

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

If I have any questions, I am able to talk to a tech support rep and they patiently walk me through the solution. I had one of our partners call me the other day. He was struggling with how he was going to get his tax statements out when he received ours in an email. He was impressed with the professional look and asked how we did it. I told him that it took me all of 15 minutes to send out hundreds of statements just like the one he received. He signed up with Kindful the next day.

Pros

What I like most about the Kindful is the ease of use. My favorite feature is the "transaction batch" tool. It allows me to quickly and easily add any number of donations at one time without leaving the page.

Cons

Any problems I had with the software initially have been remedied by their support teams after I brought them to their attention. They worked the problem and didn't stop until it was satisfactory.

Staci D.

Excellent product and customer service

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

I'm fairly new to working with my current organization, but have worked in the nonprofit world for longer and Kindful has been amazing. The ease of creating new donor/organization profiles and tracking their donations and pledges has been a huge time saver. In the past, I really dreaded having to work with the donation tracking side of the organization (I'm more a people person than numbers gal), but Kindful makes it easy to understand and creates a clear picture of where your organization stands.

Pros

Kindful has been a great product to use to keep with our donor base. The more I learn about the features, the easier it is to keep up with our donors, communicate with them and also convey an accurate picture of the organization to our board members. When I don't know how to do something, a simple search always leads me to their helpful tutorials that walk me through the process. It's seamless. Kindful has been a great asset to our organization.

Cons

I'm still a newbie, so I can't say there is something I dislike with confidence. When I think I don't like a certain feature, I learn more about it and I figure out the true capability of the functions. So far, the tools offered are amazing.

Sophisticated in applications, but not for data geeks

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Our organization came to kindful pretty soon after the product was launched, and selected it without any internal knowledge of donor databases and the needs of a major gift program. It worked well for the volunteer leading the development efforts, but as soon as a seasoned development person was hired, it was a little lacking.

Pros

Kindful is great for folks who need a good place to store and review donor data. It integrates with a lot of great other SaaS platforms and is fairly easy to use.

Throughout 2019, they have been working on the user experience, and have (finally) added some if their own features to make the database a bit more sophisticated in and of itself, and not relying upon third parties for everything.

Cons

I felt the data was harder to pull than I would have liked, and a lot of the reports I would have liked I needed to put together myself. Also, entering data was a bit of a pain - you could not tab to get to the next field, and editing a user seemed fairly arduous.

Rachel I.

Kindful not so kind

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

It does help me to keep track of my donors and put them into different categories. It helps me to create emails for groups I want to send them too.

Pros

I like that I can easily put in new people/organizations. Easy to put in transactions.

Cons

How hard it is to print reports. There are way too many steps in printing out a report. Email instructions do not help. When I need help, it would be nice to speak with someone at the time I am having the problem, not wait for an email hours to a day later, with non helpful instructions that I could of printed off and didn't work the first time. I am very busy and when I have allotted time to work on a report and cannot get what I need, I need to be able to have a customer service person to help me at that time, because I do not know when I will have time to do it again.

3.0/10
Lucas G.

Kindful Works for Us

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

We are a small nonprofit. But Kindful has been eager to work with us, responsive to our questions, and we're happy to recommend it to other nonprofits of our size.

Pros

The ability to track all of our transaction activity in one place, with multiple abilities to sort the information, is an invaluable part of what we do as a nonprofit. The integration with MailChimp is seamless and only makes the tool more robust. What's been truly awesome is the addition of wealth insights to the data, allowing us to target messaging to those with the greatest propensity to donate. It's rare to see these multiple functionalities all in one place.

Cons

Updating records with third-party information is possible, but there are of course requirements about how to match those records. It requires planning ahead.

Ariel M.

User-friendly software, not enough features available

Reviewed on 2017/11/03

We use it every day to keep track of donations, contacts, etc. It is very helpful to have everything in one place.

Pros

I love that it is fairly user-friendly and I really like the overall look -- very clean with nice design.

Cons

There are a lot of filtering options that are not available that would be really helpful. More bulk editing options would also be nice.

Response from Kindful

Hi Ariel,

Thanks for the review! We're honored to have World Orphans in the Kindful family, and we're happy to receive the nice review.

It sounds like you're using Kindful to successfully collate your data into one place, and use features easily with Kindful's user-friendly design. That aligns with some of our major efforts ¿ so that means a lot to hear your success there.

Filtering can be a beast of a task, so I definitely understand your desire for more abilities around this function. We're currently working on getting a master list of filters listed in a support article, and I hope that's helpful to you once we publish it. I'll pass your comment about bulk editing to our product team.

Thanks again for being part of the Kindful family!

Cheers,
Jared E

Lindsey W.

User-Friendly CRM with Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Kindful is helping the organization I work with see an overall snapshot of donor history. I have found the user interface to be incredibly user friendly. There are certain features that need catching up with the industry as a whole, and when shared with the Kindful team they are always receptive. I've even seen some suggestions come to fruition. Their customer service is top-notch and I can usually expect to hear back within an hour by email - often sooner. Overall, very pleased with the product and NO CRM is perfect on the market. This is the best of three major ones I have used.

Pros

I find the user interface to be incredibly intuitive and user friendly. For basic use, it takes little to no training.

Cons

Certain features still needing catch-up. I have had issues with household reporting and history. And, the social fundraising features have some quirks that always require work-arounds.

Abbie B.

A game-changer for small non-profits looking to grow.

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Kindful has improved the way we do most of our donor management at the small non-profit that I work for. Before Kindful we were just using PayPal links for our donors to give and tracking everything on spreadsheets that more often than not were incorrect. Kindful has revolutionized the way we operate and has helped us grow more and more each year.

Pros

So many things! I love the ease of use, the customer service, the rapid responses when coming across and issue, all the iterations. So much to love about Kindful!

Cons

There are only a handful of tweaks I would make and they are all pretty specific to our non-profit so it may not even effect others. I dislike that there isn't an easy option for creating recurring sponsorships. There could also be some more flexibility with the peer-to-peer fundraising pages and forms design-wise.