RFPIO

RFP management software that automates the response process

Iris D.
  • Industry: Human Resources

"I Love RFPIO" - The Words That Come Out of My Mouth Everyday

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

My experience has been nothing but positive! So easy to use and when it is not easy, the support team at RFPIO makes it easy for me.

Pros

I do not even know where to begin! RFPIO has changed the way I do proposals forever, and I cannot imagine being without it. It gives me the time to not just meet the RFP requirements, but to actually be able to customize and tailor my responses, something I did not always have the luxury of time to do. It allows me to complete more RFPs than ever before. I cannot even begin to list everything I love about RFPIO, but one thing that stands out is the collaboration aspect and being able to do a first run of answering questions based on what I have in my library, and then being able to assign questions out and follow their activity, It allows me to meet deadlines with a high quality response time and time again. And saves me time!

Cons

I am going to say NOTHING, because anytime I have had an issue or a desire for a new function, the RFPIO team is so responsive and has helped me through or even added a new feature. The one thing I wish it had, and I believe is in development, is a way to check when a draft of an answer is complete, but not marked as answered yet.

Response from RFPIO

Iris, you've been such a great cheerleader for us and we appreciate your kind words very much! We often hear that people save time by using RFPIO, but it's great to hear how you're maximizing that time by turning up the notch on your RFP quality. Thank you for being a wonderful customer!

Hariprasad A.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

WAY TO GO! Ease of using this!

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

I've been using this for 5 months now and feel this is an amazing tool with lot more capabilities than its thought of.
With additional features recommended each time in help and support column, this tool is bound to get better and serving a larger client base for ease of usage.
NOTE: In future, for all conferences in NYC or wherever, try to send a larger invite so that we all can attend or have web links to be shared :)

Pros

RFI, RFPs, Security docs can now be answered effortlessly with collaboration across teams, ease of exporting in same font and space, answer library and docs library, with excellent customer support.

Cons

It took some time, now I mean real few months to understand how this works.
(Once after that, no more worries, breeze through all your work and turn it back in before you know!)

Response from RFPIO

Thank you, Hariprasad! Glad to hear that you've gotten up to speed with the tool and are collaborating effortlessly! We love working with Informatica and look forward to a continued relationship. Stay tuned for our next user conference. :)

David L.

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Well designed, simple and user friendly software. Using RFPIO has improved the quality of our RFP responses, improved visibility across the business and helped us deliver a better standard of service to our customers.

Pros

RFPIO is excellent software, it has transformed how we manage RFPs in our company. It is well featured and simple to use. You can easily add and remove users and be confident that even an untrained user will be able to access the system and complete a response. As a manager, the ability to track progress in real-time and review responses is excellent.

Cons

Very few. Like any solution such as this, the value comes in how well you maintain the answer library and associated data. RFPIO has a good set of tools for tagging and managing answers but it is still difficult to keep on top of this when you are responding to multiple RFPs. We have also had instances where the limitation of 5 active RFPs at a given time has not been enough.

Response from RFPIO

Thanks so much, David. Love to hear that your RFP response process has been transformed for the better. Hope your RFP win rate is doing the same!

Laura E.

RFPIO Rocks!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

RFPIO has always been responsive to our questions and we especially like the Webinars. Great experience overall - would like to see the Help options able to go full screen - some of the screen shots are hard to read.

Pros

Our favorite part of RFPIO is the intelligent Answer Library that makes it easy to find content from past projects. The multiple search options available get you to what you want quickly.

Cons

No fault of RFPIO, but we are unable to use all the features as our bids are often on tight deadlines and go down to the last minute with edits, etc. It's tough to wait for all answers to be complete before starting formatting, so we often don't do writing assignments, just use the answer library and put directly into our formatted bid.

Response from RFPIO

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review, Laura! You rock!

Michael K.

Modern SaaS RFP Response Solution

Reviewed on 2016/09/20

Experience with vendor has been superb. RFPIO team has been extremely responsive on all fronts, including setup of a trial, training, and support.

Pros

The intuitive user interface requires minimal training - casual users can be productive almost immediately. Excellent reporting and dashboards provide real-time metrics and visibility into the status of the response team's efforts - thereby obviating unnecessary response status calls and meetings. The workflow capabilities facilitate the deployment of a repeatable process and controls, going far beyond what you can do through documented business process and policies alone. Prebuilt connectors to apps like Salesforce and Slack foster collaboration among the core response team and across departments. Support for import/export from/to a wide variety of file formats enables use of the tool beyond RFx responses.

Cons

Product has not been on the market very long. The response recommendation engine could be more mature.

Response from RFPIO

Michael, thank you for such a kind review. The word "superb" put a big smile on all of our faces. We appreciate your partnership!

• Industry: Computer Networking

Super helpful

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Pros

I like that the update team is responsive to requests from users, and that it is continually being improved. The system is easy to use, and integrates into MSFT and SalesForce products easily!

Cons

Not everything is in the most intuitive place. I have to explain to users how to respond to questions that the system emails out, and exporting is only from the main menu.

Response from RFPIO

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review! We are continually trying to improve on our integrations and user experience. Your feedback helps us move that forward. Thanks again!

RFPio Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

So far, I have had a great experience with RFPio and recommend the software to those working on proposals!

Pros

The Answer Library is an awesome feature and it is very easy to use. I love how RFPio automatically recommends answers to questions from your answer library.

Cons

The actual interface of going through managing a project in RFPio is not straightforward and a bit confusing.

Response from RFPIO

Thank you for taking time to give us such a great review. Glad to hear you are loving the recommendation engine! It's AI-powered, so if you're getting good content recs, it's because you're doing something right. :)

Keith R.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

We reviewed over 30 solutions, narrowed to 6 for detailed review - RFPIO was the clear winner.

Reviewed on 2017/08/24

We are just coming out of the pilot phase, but expect this to significantly decrease our turnaround time for responding to a request. Additionally, we see this software making collaboration and review much more accurate and convenient.

Pros

RFPIO had some very unique capabilities when we first reviewed it, importing RFP's from a variety of sources was a real differentiator. The pricing model based on active RFP's rather than concurrent users fit our decentralized model perfectly.

Cons

We were coming from a home grown process and have had to rethink how we manage the RFP's. There were some usability issues, but in the pilot process RFPIO addressed all our requests rapidly and professionally.

Response from RFPIO

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Keith. We are so excited to be working with you and your team at QAD. I'm so glad you are seeing success with RFPIO.

Barbara C.

Very good tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

The overall experience has been very smooth, our CSM has been very helpful and very available (despite the time difference). I think we underestimated the benefit of this tool!

Pros

The software is very intuitive and can be on-boarded with limited training.
I like most the Project part, importing complicated files from prospects, having recommended answers and exporting back in the original format!

Cons

Apart from occasional glitches, nothing comes to mind

Response from RFPIO

Thank you, Barbara! Glad to hear that your process is smooth from import to export! We appreciate the kind words.

Brad B.

Great Piece of Software!

Reviewed on 2017/02/06

So far so good. The RFPIO team has been wonderful to work with; they have been very flexible and available. We look forward to using the software more and uncovering ways that RFPIO will help us make our RFP responses a bit easier and more efficient.

Pros

Version control, answers library and answer library control

Cons

The upload process is clearly the more technical or difficult part of the process but not sure you can make it any easier than what has been created.

Response from RFPIO

We're so glad RFPIO is already benefitting your team, Brad! Thanks for your partnership.

Cordell B.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Good tool for collaborating on RFP's

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

Ease of use, updates sent when sections are completed.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. Overall I was pretty happy with the tool

Response from RFPIO

Thank you, Cordell! Very glad that you are happy with RFPIO and we appreciate that you took the time to let us know. If there's any way we can help your experience, please do reach out!

John K.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Incredible software - changed the way I work on proposals.

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Fantastic. I've worked in the proposal industry for 8 years, however I've only been with Tenable - and worked with RFPIO - for a year. When my boss introduced me to RFPIO, I almost cried thinking about all the time I wasted with other proposal management tools in the past. RFPIO is the best - whenever I'm on a call with my sales engineers introducing them to the software, I make sure to tell them that this is bar none the best proposal management tool I've ever used. Really - phenomenal job! I'm highly satisfied.

Pros

Generally speaking, everything about this software is incredible. My absolute favorite feature of RFPIO is the Answer Library, specifically the Recommendations toolbar, and how accurate it is. I'd previously worked with Microsoft Sharepoint, which offered no such functionality, and working on proposals was way more tedious and time consuming than necessary. RFPIO fixes that.

Cons

Sometimes RFPIO has a hard time formatting certain files - which is understandable, seeing as different clients present different RFP formats. My two biggest issues are that certain tables, especially in Word format, have to be formatted in "Table Properties," rather than simply being able to click on a cell and making it a Question, Subquestion, etc.

Secondly, I'm often presented with situations where the client's designated answer space is in the same column as the question, just a row down. I don't believe RFPIO can recognize this yet.

Response from RFPIO

Thank you, John! Sounds like RFPIO has made a big impact on how you manage RFPs, and we are so happy to hear that. Your high marks mean a lot to us. Thanks again!

Kyle A.

A great solution

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

I have always had a very positive experience working with the team.

Pros

I think that RFPio does a phenomenal job of allowing us to import our RFPs and to keep an up-to-date library of our most common answers. It's a great way to centralize our processes.

Cons

I think the import tool and the options for declaring entries (description, section, question, sub question, etc) can be a bit confusing. That said, I didn't go through an official training on the system, and inherited it from someone who inherited it. I think the concern is more with my organization, but I do think there are improvements that can be made to the import area in particular. Especially, for example, if there is a table built within a larger PDF document.

Response from RFPIO

Thanks so much, Kyle! We have training materials available within the RFPIO Help Center that could help with some of the areas of confusion. Hope that's helpful. Thanks again. We appreciate the high marks and thoughtful comments!

Ryan B.

Excellent cloud solution for managing RFPs/RFIs.

Reviewed on 2016/09/19

We came over from RFP365, while that was a decent solution, RFPIO turned out to have some more compelling features. What helped us unlock those features were great training sessions to really experience the product. We also had some real specific requirements and they enabled them for the very next day! Just fantastic customer experience.

Pros

Looks very attractive. Organized well by projects. Import features are best in class. No more needing to import from a template, we can import right from a spreadsheet the customer gave us!

Cons

What we like least the right-hand side panel, we wanted more selections from a list. As well as an Apply button so not to have to copy-and-paste. When we met with them and described this feature, they enabled it the very next day. Just such great customer service.

Response from RFPIO

Thanks for the review, Ryan! We're so glad you are having a great experience with RFPIO. Looking forward to our continued work together!

Great Answer Library with Recommendations Features

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Overall, me and my coworkers have enjoyed using RFPIO, mostly because of the ability to pull from existing Answer Library entries and continue to add to that library over time.

Pros

The Answer Library and how it appears in the Recommendations Panel while working on an active RFP, is the best part about RFPIO.

Cons

Importing and exporting is the trickest and sometimes most time consuming part about RFPIO. I wish there was more flexibility with the import functionality to select and label things. I wish I could more easily give project visibility to people without having to make them an Author/Reviewer, or Project Manager role. Oftentimes, I just want people to be able to see all the sections of a project, without giving them unnecessarily high access. One last "con" would be the email notifications. I know you can queue emails, and change your personal preferences, but it's still adds up to a lot of emails during a large complex project.

Response from RFPIO

Thank you for your review! Your feedback on the import and export functionality is very valuable and we will pass it on to the product team. Thanks again!

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. It's cut our time putting together proposals in half because we don't have to search through countless files looking for the "perfect response." Answers are easily searchable, and I love that you can assign different user roles with varying degrees of permissions. Glitches or issues are responded to quickly as well.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything. It's been a lifesaver!

Response from RFPIO

RFPIO's been a lifesaver! The best compliment we could get. Thanks for letting us know!

Theodore P.

Save Time, Improve your Customer Experience

Reviewed on 2017/01/22

I have been skeptical of RFP software, since starting in this business in early 2000. A lot has changed and the team at RFPIO have done a great job. The solution is intuitive and easy to use and provides not only a collaborative environment but also a consistent deliverable that helps my company express it's professionalism through another medium.
The day after our first training, RFPIO was put to the test. We were presented with our first Security Due diligence request. What would have taken us at least a day to complete was done in under an hour (we had uploaded previous responses with RFPIO's awesome help). While this may not always be the case, it proved to me that every penny spent on the solution will be worth it.
If your team is strapped for time and is always scrambling to squeeze in RFP's in their hectic schedule, this product should be on your list of tools to get.

Pros

Intuitive solution that helps streamline an otherwise tedious process providing consistent results. The UI is well thought out and the team at RFPIO is continuously improving the product and soliciting their customers input.

Cons

The product is still fairly new and so some things are missing, but as mentioned above, the team at RFPIO is extremely responsive to input and work tirelessly to improve the product

Response from RFPIO

Thanks for the wonderful review, Theodore! We are so excited to partner with eOriginal.

Bhanu teja M.

Easy to use solution

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

Smart suggestions and support for various file formats

Cons

Needed some more fixtures here and there

Response from RFPIO

Thank you, Bhanu Teja! We love working with Informatica and are happy to support your projects. Your review is much appreciated!

Josh I.

RFPIO Transforms Our RFP Submission Process

Reviewed on 2016/09/26

I recently completed a trial for RFPIO and licensed the product after completing 2 RFP submissions. RFPIO has benefitted our business in several important ways. First, it's decreased the RFP completion time from 20-40 hours to less than 5 hours which is a huge time savings. Second, the library feature has also provided an extensive, easily searchable repository of previous answers that streamlines the process of finding information and not "recreating the wheel". Third, it's allowed me to start involving other members of my team who can find information without relying on me to remember where to find old answers that might be relevant. Lastly, it's been really helpful to be able to track the completion process and know how far along we are with the submission and any questions that may still be outstanding. Also, the customer support, especially during the trial was exceptional. From a time perspective alone, I've already achieved a positive ROI. I'd highly recommend the guys and their product.

Pros

-Time savings
-Library feature
-Calendar and task management during the completion process
-Ability to delegate to other team members
-Very helpful and responsive support

Cons

-Would like to see better integration with Salesforce, especially around task management
-We have had a little bit of trouble with formatting but nothing major

Response from RFPIO

Thanks for your review and partnership, Josh! We're thrilled that you are achieving positive ROI from the time savings you are experiencing with RFPIO¿music to our ears!

David B.

RFPIO Rocks!

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Re-use of RFP content (responses).
Assignment, workflow and progression tracking on a tight schedule with many business and technical team members.
The largest value of the RFPIO solution to date has been the ability to quickly ingest and RFP and quickly assign components of the RFP response to relevant team members in a easy to utilize interface.

Pros

Ease of use and design layout which make the platform ease to utilize.

Cons

As with any SaaS offering, there are always bells and whistles that you would like to add. I have little to no negative feedback regarding the offering.

Response from RFPIO

Thanks, David. We think you rock too! Glad to hear you're able to collaborate on RFPs more quickly and easily; that's our goal. We really appreciate that you took the time to give us this feedback!

Bradley B.

Great Company to work with and a Great Product to use

Reviewed on 2017/09/22

RFP process end to end and the Answers Library.

Pros

Very user friendly UX. The answers library is a great tool even without doing RFPs or response projects. Just to have it as a Q&A repository that can be easily mined.

Cons

The upload process is a bit difficult to get used to but no other provider has figured out an easy way to this. Once you get used to it, it becomes easier and easier.

Response from RFPIO

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review, Brad. We are really excited to be partnering with you and your team at EMS. If you see any functionality improvements to the import process, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Debbie B.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Very user friendly!

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

Really like that this system is very easy to use and love that we now have a place to collect RFP responses without having to reach out to so many resources. Great product!

Cons

I had no bad experience with this product.

Response from RFPIO

Thank you for the great review, Debbie! So glad to hear that your experience with RFPIO has been so positive. We plan to raise the bar even more in the coming year!

Jennifer B.

Great software for the value

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Pros

RFPIO is a great software for RFP proposal management. It does require learning a new process but the team is great with training. The library for storing content is good and what we need at this time. Pricing is done by #of RFPs vs # of users.

Response from RFPIO

Thanks so much for the wonderful review, Jennifer! We're glad to hear you're finding success already with RFPIO.

Mike R.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

RFP Answering Made Easy

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

My experience with the product and the company and its employees has been great. I highly recommend RFPIO to those in the industry.

Pros

I liked how the software was intuitive and fit my needs.

Cons

Sometimes the format of the RFP is not exactly like options in RFPIO.

Response from RFPIO

Thanks, Mike! You've been a great advocate for us. It was great to meet you at the user conference, and we hope to see you at the next one!

Saves Time and Money

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

Complete RFPs faster and more efficiently. Easily be able to collaborate with peers; quick access to historic answers to similar questions and more

Pros

- Easily get answers to RFX questions by looking at historic answers.
- Easily import RFPs in any format - specifically excel
- Collaborate easily with peers

Cons

- Some training required as with any new software

Response from RFPIO

Thank you for the high marks! We appreciate that you used some of the time you are saving to write this review. :) If you need additional help with training up your team, we are happy to help!