Genbook

The smart and simple all-in-one online scheduling solution

Natasha F.

Thoroughly enjoy using Genbook

Reviewed on 2019/12/15

I've been with Genbook over 5years and I am satisfied with my overall experience this far. I have no plans on leaving.

Pros

I like that this software is always updating and ensuring that we're able to use it with ease.

Cons

My only complaint is that the updates come years after other software apps have been updated to most functions and it comes at a cost(price increase).

Response from Genbook

Hi Natasha,

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.

We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote.

We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.

Rebecca taylor S.

Like Having a Virtual Receptionist

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

I have been with genbook since they started several years ago and this software saves me the cost of hiring a receptionist! Best value for any service I purchase for the business monthly!

Pros

Ease of use. I can customize my availability each day and each session.

I love how it automatically sends reminders two clients Which minimizes no shows.

I love how it has the feature that allows me to send customized confirmation emails depending on the service that I am providing to an individual customer.

Great customer service.

Cons

The feature I like the least is that they only integrate taking payments or deposits for sessions upfront with Stripe. It would be nice if they offered equation with PayPal.

I wish they integrated with Mailchimp as well as Constant Contact.

Response from Genbook

Hi Rebecca Taylor,

Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests.

Kelli A.

My life changed after adding Genbook to my business

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Genbook has not only increased my patient volume, but it has given me so much freedom. I used to just sit in my studio during office hours...just in case I had a walk in. Now, I can block out a section of time and go run an errand. If I don't have a patient scheduled first thing in the morning, I can take my time. I recently decided to take ukulele lessons, but it conflicted with my schedule. No problem, I just blocked out some time and I got to take those lessons.

Pros

Genbook is like have a full time employee that works 24/7 and never makes a mistake. It allows my patients to make (and change) appointments any time of the night and day. No phone messages, no waiting, no wondering if they can get in to see me. No feelings of guilt for changing their appointment 3 times. My patient appointments went up immediately when I started using Genbook. My patients tell me that they love this system.

Cons

Patients complain that they cannot see their account. They would like to be able to log in, see past appointments, see future appointments and be able to change appointments (as opposed to canceling an appointment, then setting up a new one). They often miss that last button to confirm their appointment. My old message about setting up their account seems to be defunct. I need to call customer support and update that.

Response from Genbook

Hi Kelli,

Teri K.

Love Genbook

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

I love that my clients can access my schedule 24/7/365. Online booking really frees up my time and is convenient and easy for my clients to use (especially compared to other online booking systems). I love that my clients are prompted to leave reviews - this feature has helped to bring in new clients to my business. Overall very happy with Genbook and will continue using it for years to come.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. Convenient for customers to use and manage appointments. Great features. Affordable. Fantastic customer service. I've been using Genbook since it first launched and they keep adding valued features. Very reliable! I highly recommend Genbook!

Cons

No cons really at all. There have been a couple of times the system has gone down, but the company is on it immediately and communicates well with their customers. This can happen to any cloud based service, but over the past 10 years I've used Genbook, I can only remember it happening a couple of times.

Response from Genbook

Hi Teri,

Beth S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Many Lives Chinese Medicine Loves Genbook!

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

We have been with Genbook since the very beginning and have been so impressed with the growth and the customer service. I recommend Genbook to all my fellow Acupuncturists.

Pros

Our patients consistantly praise Genbook for the interface and the ease of use. We, in the office love Genbook for every reason there is. It is easy to train new employees on and it is very easy to use.

Cons

We do not like when the software goes down. We pay for the dependability that it will always work, and while that might be asking too much, we need t to work to run our business. There have been perioeds where it has gone down for whole days and that just really screws us up. So the back end needs way more redundency.

Response from Genbook

Hi Beth,

Kim G.

Just what I wanted

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Overall my experience has been positive and I have been happy with it/

Pros

The auto review request feature has made it really easy to collect reviews and they show up in a google search for my company. It would be wonderful if somehow this feature could integrate posting a review to multiple locations besides just on genbook

Cons

For awhile it didn’t have multiple clinic locations but it finally does. Also, that it doesn’t really integrate well with my other platforms.

Response from Genbook

Hi Kim,

Karen F.

A Great Entrepreneurial Tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

I am very pleased with this service, I am glad I chose Genbook to start with.

Pros

I appreciate Genbook for a few reasons, after the initial set up it is smooth sailing! Any issues that I did have they were very responsive. I appreciate the review process for my clients and also when clients book an appointment, they receive confirmation email with all details that they would need to know. It is so easy for me to manage, update and continue to use.

Cons

I would like an option for class registration in certain time slots, so multiple bookings for the same spot. The confirmation email also needs to be re-formatted, when it comes in the links to change or cancel appts are on top of each other. Not much I can say I do not like. :)

Response from Genbook

Hi Karen,

Hal B.

good but could improve

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

genbook has been fantastic.the only major issue is when the service goes down i have no way to see my appointments, so IF you know it is going down for updates or whatever. auto email me the weeks calendar we are in so i dont loose business

Pros

it has most all of the fields i need for my type of business

Cons

the inability to have more then one contact phone number MANY of my customers want to give more then one number and it is relegated to the notes section and cant be clicked on mobile. ALSO an additional field for whatever we want to enter would be great !!! if you make it generic text or numbers or whatever we want. then it could be great for all types of users ALSO it would be nice to set up an auto reminder by text to what ever number WE choose. for example if i am handling the appointments today i want the text for example 30 minutes prior to the appointment. let me pick who gets it and how far in advance i get it. and if i want it at all

Response from Genbook

Hi Hal,

Trishia W.

User since beta testing!

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Being with GENBOOK from the very beginning before online booking software was a big thing and decently affordable, I have seen so many benefits. The amount of no shows has significantly decreased, double bookings are rare and the time to confirm appointments has been given back to me! I am unable to work and answer the phone so having a place for customers to make their own appointments on their own time is a lifesaver.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use GENBOOK — for both my customers and my staff. The app makes it easy to keep up with the calendar on the go.

Cons

There are glitches and some features I wish it had that would help things run smoother but overall it’s been a game changer for me. I haven’t had a great experience with the processor that takes deposits — why do they not refund automatically when a client cancels?!? Having to do this manually is so frustrating and time consuming!

Response from Genbook

Hi Trishia,

This review made our day!

Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests!

Laura M.

How Genbook Grew My Business

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

My business is built around client appointments. In 2011 I was looking for online booking software to help assist clients in booking their own appointments at their own convenience. It also had to be able to capture credit card information securely to eliminate no-show clients. And it also had to work within the parameters of my unique business model. Genbook came highly recommended from a fellow service provider, so I took the leap of faith and never looked back. Not only did Genbook do everything they said they would, they made the user experience quick and easy. I was able to grow my business simply by having online booking available, because Genbook captures real client reviews and posts them. Since then, Genbook has listened to customer feedback and added more features to consistently improve their program, while keeping the pricing stable.

Pros

Ability to customize services, easy for service provider to launch and use, stability of platform, ease of end customer use, security of end customer information.

Cons

Sometimes changes are made that are not communicated in advance.

Response from Genbook

Hi Laura,

Maureen M.

Very happy customer

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

I have been very happy with the responsiveness of their customer service team. The reason I joined, 8 years ago, was that their web site said that they wanted to have "the best customer service in the industry." That sold me. I am a one-woman business and cannot afford to waste time with poor customer service.

Pros

I am very happy with this product. I like that the online display only shows available times. That keeps the display clean and augments my privacy. (I have seen other products where the online display shows the entire day's outlook. Ick!)

Cons

I am sorry they raised the price! It used to be $20/month and now $39.
I am interested in only the scheduling side of this product.
I am not happy as they promote enhanced features, because they will likely raise the price. I already do my credit card payments else (with Square, another great service)
Please keep a "basic" service with a low price.

Response from Genbook

Hi Maureen,

Janette V.

Great Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

I love waking up and seeing new appointments that were scheduled while I was asleep.

Pros

I love that it’s very user friendly, and my 140+ five star reviews show up when people google my business. I like that when I’m at an event I can schedule appoints easily from my phone.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything. I’ve used it for eight years and love it!

Response from Genbook

Hi Janette,

Sheila B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Really happy.

Very Good.
I get great feedback from customers that we have an online scheduler that doesn't require them to have an app or a login/password.
I love this too.

Pros

All the bell's and whistles. Ease of use. Lots of options for various operators. Client reminders.

Cons

What the client sees on their side is cumbersome looking.
Would like Genbook to use Square for deposits rather that Stripe.
Needs more space for service descriptions.

Response from Genbook

Hi Sheila,

Susan P.

My clients love Genbook!

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Pros

Genbook is so easy to set up and easy to change and easy for my clients to use which is most important. They love being able to schedule an appointment whenever the mood strikes, at 10pm or 3am. I love waking up each morning and seeing my schedule fill up and not having to return phone calls.

Cons

I love the review section but I think the should be sent out more often to clients that have been with me for awhile - A lot of my practice is preventative medicine and I don't want my clients to have the pressure of filling out a review after just the first session.

Response from Genbook

Hi Susan,

Hannah H.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Genbook is the way to go

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Pros

The easy scheduling, the appointment reminders it sends to my clients and the review requests.

Cons

It’s a little bit on the pricey side since there’s a few other softwares that’s very similar for free or a lot less expensive.

Response from Genbook

Hi Hannah,

Dave C.

Genbook online booking system

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Genbook has been a big part of the growth of my business over the 9 years I have been using the software.
Any time there has been technical problems they are on it as quickly as possible and communicate what is going on.

Pros

ease of use for clients
email reminders for clients
having the calendar right there to look at the day/week

Cons

sometimes the system cliches and I can't open an appointment slot
not being able to customize it exactly the way I want for my available time slots

Response from Genbook

Hi Dave,

Staci M.

Good customer service

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Has worked well for many years. Started out free and now is pricey. Find customer service to be responsive.

Pros

Good customer service. Flexible scheduling program. Easy for customer use. Customer url. Review function built in. Customization of appointment confirmation.

Cons

Cannot download customer history if stop using/paying for genbook. Cannot print day schedule in the app, only possible on the desktop version. Waitlist function doesn’t notify business when someone goes onto the waitlist. Cost has gone from free to 35/month.

Response from Genbook

Hi Staci,

Hillary M.

Priceless!

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

I no longer have to interrupt my clients to answer phone calls, or return phone calls just to leave a message and we play “phone tag”. So great clients can go online anytime of day and schedule their own appointments! Saves everyone time!

Pros

Easy to set up, edit as needed, and share with my customers.

Cons

The “holding” feature. I get questions from clients asking why they can’t schedule an appointment in a time slot they thought they just saw. I’m not really sure what the point of this feature is and it seems to cause confusion for the users.

Response from Genbook

Hi Hillary,

Jeffrey H.

Great Product! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

More online scheduling allows for more time to spend with patients in the office.

Pros

The best thing about the software is that our patients can schedule directly with our office 24/7. It eliminates the need for long phone interactions and lets the patients choose their appointment time that fits their schedule at their convenience.

Cons

Only negative is when I would like to block out certain times/days it can be a little tedious. Multiple clicks required to assure I have blocked out accordingly.

Response from Genbook

Hi Jeffrey,

Charles G.

A solid and reliable product

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

We are very pleased and have stayed with Genbook despite other programs that have tried to get our business.

Pros

The east of client use is important to us. The ease of integration into our website was a plus. The verified review feature has proved very important.

Cons

Sometime client complain about knowing how to "log in" to adjust their appointments and better instructions to them (for example, walk them through creating a customer account) would be good.

Response from Genbook

Hey Charles,

Shante H.

Works for me perfectly

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Pros

All the features are exact what matters to most businesses.

Cons

The best feature would be to allow pictures to be uploaded on site.

Response from Genbook

Hi Shante,

Your review has made our day, thank you so much!

Regarding your feedback on image upload, I have added this to our current feature and update requests.

Thanks again!

Marilu G.
  • Industry: Printing

Genbook changed the way I was doing business

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Pros

Beautiful and easy-to-use interface and the constant updates that keep improving the experience.

Cons

iCalendar doesn't update automatically when a change or cancellation occurs. Can't make any changes to the appointment once it's imported into iCal

Response from Genbook

Hi Marilu,

Karin N.

We Love Genbook!

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

Genbook is frequently making updates and improvements and are responsive to suggested changes.

Pros

It saves me so much time, and my clients love that they can schedule with me at any hour of the day

Cons

Multiple practitioners have to either have set appointment times or an open schedule, I would love to have both.

Response from Genbook

Hi Karin,

Juliet B.

Makes life easier

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

I have been using Genbook for almost 4 years and it’s been a lifesaver. Easy to use and convenient. I couldn’t live with out it.

Pros

I love that my clients can go online and schedule. I love the reminder feature because it saves me and my clients time and energy.

Cons

I wish I didn’t have to and input my clients emails separately to send out specials or last-minute openings.

Response from Genbook

Hi Juliet,

Lindsey R.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

It's created more functionality.. better booking results..

Pros

I love how easy it is for my customers to book their appointments at their own lesiure.

Cons

I don't like that the app isnt more "esthetically" pleasing.

Response from Genbook

Hi Lindsey,