Genbook Reviews

Genbook

The smart and simple all-in-one online scheduling solution

David
David

Genbook removes barriers for scheduling chiropractic office visits

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

My wife and I are solo practitioners in our chiropractic office. It was difficult keeping up with missed phone calls while we were checking our patients. Most patients were calling to schedule an appointment. This made it possible for them to do so, literally 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! We have night-shift nurses who are unable to call in during regular office hours. This software removes that barrier.

Pros

Genbook has simplified the process of scheduling our patients. We use this to schedule new and returning patients. Our patients love using it and frequently comment on the ease of scheduling and rescheduling their appointments.

Cons

As of now, there is not a way to automatically follow up with a patient who either did not show up for their appointment or has not been in the office for a while.

Response from Genbook

Hi David,

This review made our day!

We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote.

We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.

Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests.

Norma

Easy to use and clean user interface

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

Pros

I like how it is very user friendly from a customer's perspective. Also, the company strives to improve its products and takes user's feedback into consideration. If I have any issues, customer service is very responsive and helpful!

Cons

I understand that this software isn't geared towards just medical, but having SOAP notes would be amazing.

Response from Genbook

Hi Norma,

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us this amazing review!

Valerie

Needs more marketing features

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

I love that its easy for clients and some of how genbook integrates with google. I am often frustrated by downtime due to hardware issues and not being able to pull client lists with filters. If I didn’t have 1500 plus reviews with genbook, I’d probably switch to something more marketing friendly.

Pros

Ease of use for my clients. Not having to create a profile to book makes it easy and clients are more likely to book.

Cons

Complete lack of filters for clients.
It’s a spreadsheet. I need a way to pull clients out via different filters and create lists to market to. I don’t understand why this hasn’t happened yet. I’ve been a genbook user since May 2009 and I have asked repeatedly with zero response.

Response from Genbook

Hi Valerie,

Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.

I wanted to update my response as we now have more marketing features in our product, as you would have seen!

Would you mind updating your review to reflect this?

Brannigan

I love genbook

Reviewed on 2022/05/26

I love Genbook and have been using it for 6 years until they sold out to BOOKSY

I love Genbook and have been using it for 6 years until they sold out to BOOKSY

Pros

My favourite feature was that they automatically send out review requests to every client

Cons

I wish it was more suited for massage therapists. Had a place to add memberships and gift cards. Was able to write soap notes

MassageBook

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Had multiple jobs at spas

Vagaro

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

I love the automatic review requests. It’s how I built my entire clientele
Michelle
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Easy to use and fantastic for collecting high-quality customer reviews!

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Great experience with Genbook overall. As I mentioned, I loved how Genbook sent out automated emails to collect patient testimonials and published them to the landing page. Amazing for social proof and I had good feedback from patients that Genbook was easy to use.

Pros

I loved that Genbook sent out automated emails after a patient's appointment to collect a review, and then autopublished this to the the booking landing page for my clinic. Super effective!

Cons

It didn't connect to my EHR, but that was really okay for the time I was using it. It was still a software my patients found easy to use so I kept it for a long time.

Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

The review capability feature is really what made the choice easy!

Response from Genbook

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review.

We're so happy you like our review feature! Many other customers share the same feedback with us.

Diego
  • Industry: Hospitality

Genbook has been great

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Overall no complaints, even when there’s an issue genbook seems to fix it fairly quick.

Pros

As a barber it’s been nice and easy for adding all my services, also very easy for clients to figure out.

Cons

I don’t have much cons, clients wish it would save their card. Maybe create an account for them so they don’t have to put a card in every time.

Booksy and Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

Other coworkers were using it so decided to jump on the train.

Response from Genbook

Hi Diego,

Laura

Best Investment for my Business!

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Genbook collects customer reviews seamlessly, and my online reputation improved because of it. It also helped me book appointments more easily and more often, as it’s integrated with Google Reserve.

Pros

I liked specific features: customers can book directly from google, which is how customers find me

Cons

Can be expensive for more than 5 staff members.

Full Slate and Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

Automatic review collection Customer confirmations Google integration Ease of use for customers

Response from Genbook

Hi Laura,

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.

gwynn

Great schedule system

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Really good all the way around .

Really good all the way around .

Pros

We use Genbook daily with myself and team.
It’s great for our clients and team.

Cons

I wish it had a billing system . I would love help through Genbook for monthly billing to my clients .

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

Much more available for what I needed for my business.

Response from Genbook

Hi Gwynn,

Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests!

Genevieve

Excellent booking system

Reviewed on 2020/09/05

Every time I need help figuring something out, the support team gets back to me right away and their suggestions always work. The team outline easy to follow instructions and I'm always in the know about upcoming changes or new features.

Pros

I love the ease of booking a client in or have the client book themselves in.

Cons

I would love for the online calendar to be bigger and easier to read. It's also very difficult to distinguish between days still available to book and those that are not.

Jane

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

Price for a similar product that offers just about the same features.

Response from Genbook

Hi Genevieve,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing review!

Veronique
  • Industry: Consumer Services

User friendly

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Genbook makes it easy for clients to see my availability and price changes. Communication between me and customers has improved.

Pros

Very simple to set up and the options for customization are great

Cons

Some features take a little longer than others to get used to for my customers sometimes

Response from Genbook

Hi Veronique,

Damian

Life saver

Reviewed on 2019/12/15

I enjoy using genbook for my business and I would definitely recommend this to other barbers for sure.

Pros

I like that my business is run way more efficiently than ever before. I love the fact that I can call up and give suggestions that usually end up becoming part of new updates.

Cons

I wish refunds for customer cancellations could be automatic as long as they cancel within the allowed window.

Booksy and Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

Referral from another barber. I didn’t know anyone else using a different app.

Response from Genbook

Hi Damian,

Kelli

My life changed after adding Genbook to my business

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Genbook has not only increased my patient volume, but it has given me so much freedom. I used to just sit in my studio during office hours...just in case I had a walk in. Now, I can block out a section of time and go run an errand. If I don't have a patient scheduled first thing in the morning, I can take my time. I recently decided to take ukulele lessons, but it conflicted with my schedule. No problem, I just blocked out some time and I got to take those lessons.

Pros

Genbook is like have a full time employee that works 24/7 and never makes a mistake. It allows my patients to make (and change) appointments any time of the night and day. No phone messages, no waiting, no wondering if they can get in to see me. No feelings of guilt for changing their appointment 3 times. My patient appointments went up immediately when I started using Genbook. My patients tell me that they love this system.

Cons

Patients complain that they cannot see their account. They would like to be able to log in, see past appointments, see future appointments and be able to change appointments (as opposed to canceling an appointment, then setting up a new one). They often miss that last button to confirm their appointment. My old message about setting up their account seems to be defunct. I need to call customer support and update that.

Response from Genbook

Hi Kelli,

Caroline

Stellar Service to have

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

Pros

Choosing to use Genbook is one of the best business decisions I’ve made. I run my own massage practice & I am with clients most of the time, which leaves me very little time to manage the scheduling of appointments with clients outside of the office. I was playing phone tag with people constantly. Having Genbook is like having a virtual receptionist, my clients are able to book appointments 24/7 without my assistance. Running a business by yourself can be very time consuming, using Genbook takes one less thing off my plate. Thank You!

Cons

Sometimes I have difficulty figuring out how to change something in my standard schedule (ie: adding a random additional day, or opening up another appointment on a day that I’m not usually working). The customer support questions & answers section is usually helpful. If not I consult someone on the customer support team. Also there is upon occasion a glitch & the whole system goes offline but the Customer Support Team is always prompt at contacting me & making me aware of the situation. They generally also fix the issue within a very timely fashion as well.

Response from Genbook

Hi Caroline,

Sonya

Idiot proof

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

Customer service people were always nice when I called. Maybe, there was a note they could read from my previous call that alerted them that they had to tell me HOW to turn on my laptop the first time I called...not kidding.

Pros

I am a massage therapist with a near zero skill level when it comes to computer stuff but even I was able to figure this out. Several friends have switched to Genbook after witnessing me easily make changes to pricing, add or delete services or block off time to go on vacation without having to call “the website dude”. The after the service date follow up emails to my clients have helped me build my reputation as a five star business with over 500 reviews and I never had to sweat it. I like the opportunity to see the review before posting so there are never any problems. For example, HIPPA laws prevent me from advertising a celebrity athlete client referred someone. Some reviews are best left unposted.

Cons

I used it for years before I realized that my professional organization ABMP gave me a discount.

Response from Genbook

Hi Sonya,

Cass
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Genbook is my own personal assistant

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Genbook saves me from having to hire a front desk person!

Genbook saves me from having to hire a front desk person!

Pros

This software is affordable, easy to use and continually evolving into an "all-you-need" program. It saves me hours per week in scheduling. The new waitlist option has the potential to take me out of the equation almost entirely, which gives me more time in the treatment room with each patient. One of my very favorite things, though, is the Testimonials. I have them tied to my website and I'm sure it's the reason I was boosted to the top of the browser search list! Plus, it's wonderful feedback I wouldn't get otherwise. Also, Love Love Love the automatic email and text reminders. They save me so much time and limit my no-shows.

Cons

I wish I could see all of the patients' appointments from the calendar page instead of having to click two or three times to get to their customer profile and recent appointments. I've also noticed that some patients struggle a bit canceling their appointments. As far as I know, the only way to cancel as a patient is through the confirmation email they receive, but some of my older patients don't have email.

Response from Genbook

Hi Cass,

Karen

A Great Entrepreneurial Tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

I am very pleased with this service, I am glad I chose Genbook to start with.

I am very pleased with this service, I am glad I chose Genbook to start with.

Pros

I appreciate Genbook for a few reasons, after the initial set up it is smooth sailing! Any issues that I did have they were very responsive. I appreciate the review process for my clients and also when clients book an appointment, they receive confirmation email with all details that they would need to know. It is so easy for me to manage, update and continue to use.

Cons

I would like an option for class registration in certain time slots, so multiple bookings for the same spot. The confirmation email also needs to be re-formatted, when it comes in the links to change or cancel appts are on top of each other. Not much I can say I do not like. :)

Response from Genbook

Hi Karen,

Elizabeth

Excellent scheduling software for growing multi-practice wellness center

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

Ease of use and fairly intuitive, even for non-tech savvy massage therapists. Phone app is excellent for booking and schedule changes. Individual practitioner's can manage their own schedules. Clients frequently comment on how easy it is for them to book on line. You can specify whether a client has to pay before booking (great for no-shows who owe ) or you can block certain clients (great for creepers). Customer service is very responsive. The analytics feature is extremely useful for generating real-time business data. The client database is easy to import/export; great for marketing. You can customize any and all services, including buffers, color coding, etc. Great for a business that is expanding - we've gone from 3 practitioners to 12 in less than two years, and it has met our needs quite well. Pricing is very competitive.

Cons

Some glitches: when a client cancels a session, it's "ghost" still shows up in individual therapist's Google calendar. Can't manage room use booking, only therapist booking. When you delete a therapist (i.e. they no longer work at the center) their calendar and bookings are not preserved so you have to leave therapist on list for at least 3 months after they leave to manage that information. The "lightning bolt" instant-booking discount feature is great to generate bookings but I wish it could be limited to certain therapists instead of applied to the whole practice.

Amanda

If you book appointments- don’t do business without Genbook!

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Pros

The ease of use and access for my clients to book appointments anytime from anywhere. Also, I appreciate the automatic appointment reminders as well as review requests. Genbook saves me time and money and benefits my clients as much as it benefits my business.

Cons

Sometimes it can be confusing/ complicated when a client may book with a variation on their name (or using a nickname v. full name) and I’m not able to merge them into one customer file.

Mindbody and MassageBook

Response from Genbook

Hi Amanda,

Danielle
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy, quality, consistent product updates

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

Genbook saves a significant amount of time as customers can control their own schedules 24-7.

Pros

Genbook software is intuitive and versatile, making it easy to use. Customer service is top notch and new features are updated regularly.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches on the customer side. For instance, the appointments on the administrator side don't always match the customer side, which creates confusion. This is rare, however.

Response from Genbook

Hi Danielle,

Robin
  • Industry: Photography

Love it!

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

I think their strongest point is their customer support. Always quick to answer your emails, very friendly and happy and helpful.

Pros

I find it simple to use and my customers have commented how easy it is to book me online. It is well thought out and offers a lot of practical features.

Cons

Overall I am very happy and always recommend it to other businesses. If I had to pick one thing as a con it would be that the colors they use to assign to different types of bookings are too pastel and close to each other to make it more obvious what type of appointment I have booked. I mean for example there are 4 shades of blue so I have to look really hard to figure out what type of appointment is coming up on my calendar.

Response from Genbook

Hi Robin,

• Industry: Individual & Family Services

Easeful, intuitive use

Reviewed on 2020/05/30

Before Genbook, I took appointments by telephone message or email. This would create many hours of time spent each week, telling people what times I had open, and by the time they got back to me, those times were gone, and I had to give them new times. Now, people book anytime of day or night they're interested and I have a full calendar and just show up and do the work.

Pros

Genbook is simple to set up, intuitive to use as a business owner, and I get many unsolicited comments from my clients that they find it way easier to use than other people's booking systems. I love that they solicit testimonials from users and post them in a way that Google search helps people find me as specifically what they're looking for. This has been a huge benefit for me in expanding my business. Priceless support for client/appointment driven businesses.

Cons

I have to think really hard about this. There have been some missing functionalities in the past but they are constantly upgrading, adding new features, faster than I can think of them.

Response from Genbook

Hi there,

Brant

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

My experience with Genbook has been fantastic. It takes scheduling and following up with patients out of my hands. Everything is done automatically. Patients love it. Genbook fits seamlessly with my version of a low stress chiropractic office. It's a big part of accomplishing my vision.

Pros

The ability of my patients to be able to schedule using an app versus a web browser has been huge. Everybody is on their smart phones and it's much easier to navigate using apps.

Cons

I can't change the scheduling lead time of each individual service. Some services I want to allow people to schedule immediately. Some I don't. Genbook is currently set to only allow an overall lead time for all services.

Response from Genbook

Hi Brant,

Maureen

Very happy customer

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

I have been very happy with the responsiveness of their customer service team. The reason I joined, 8 years ago, was that their web site said that they wanted to have "the best customer service in the industry." That sold me. I am a one-woman business and cannot afford to waste time with poor customer service.

Pros

I am very happy with this product. I like that the online display only shows available times. That keeps the display clean and augments my privacy. (I have seen other products where the online display shows the entire day's outlook. Ick!)

Cons

I am sorry they raised the price! It used to be $20/month and now $39.
I am interested in only the scheduling side of this product.
I am not happy as they promote enhanced features, because they will likely raise the price. I already do my credit card payments else (with Square, another great service)
Please keep a "basic" service with a low price.

Response from Genbook

Hi Maureen,

Nicole

Great Value

Reviewed on 2021/03/25

Great product for booking and price.

Great product for booking and price.

Pros

The reviews and easy for clients and providers.

Cons

Retail, wish it could track retail inventory

Response from Genbook

Hi Nicole,

Sadie

Online at any hour

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Very useful tool. A value for the cost.

Very useful tool. A value for the cost.

Pros

Scheduling in real time. Cuts down on phone calls. Nice email/text reminders for appointments.

Cons

Some technical issues at times. People getting appt reminders for appointments they did not make. Other technical problems with slow service. Blocked or off line times showing as online (has happened only occasionally).

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

Liked the options. And number of users.

Response from Genbook

Hi Sadie,

From all of us at Genbook - we just want to thank you so much for taking the time to review us.

We constantly try to minimise any of the unnecessary distractions that limit our customers from achieving their greatest results.

Thank you for choosing Genbook, we really appreciate it!

The Genbook Team