OpsGenie

Modern IT incident management and response solution

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

After looking at competing options, OpsGenie provided the best value overall

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

We went from having end users tell us systems were down, to proactively being alerted about critical issues. With the flood of alert emails coming in from every direction, it was just not feasible to respond to every email that chimes on your phone. OpsGenie allowed us to filter out the garbage and know that if my phone is ringing in the middle of the night, it's something worth being woken up for.

Pros

Frankly, most of the products in this category do basically the same thing. OpsGenie's advantage is the cost, especially when you look at the co-marketing being done. OpsGenie and Solarwinds working together to replace Alert Central is a great example.

Cons

The filtering can be a little complicated, but that is to be expected. Otherwise I don't have any complaints.

Easy way to Oncall and Incident Management

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

We moved from pagerduty to opsgenie, it was easy to setup and get going. Working out well so far.

Pros

- Setting up is simple
- Lots of integrations available
- Role Based Access Control
- One can create good Dashboard
- Mobile App is very handy

Cons

- Extracting information from the integration and showing it up in the alert is difficult to setup
- The user experience could be simplified but that is the case with all atlassian products

Shitij
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Opsgenie use at Dunzo

Reviewed on 2023/01/27

For daily usecases opsgenie works very smoothly. Anyplace where customisation is needed, it is not easy to work with

Pros

Easy to setup basic alerting and routing. On call management is also flexible. Has got lots of integrations

Cons

Most good integrations are only within atlassian ecosystem. Anything over basic use is complex and UX is not very intuitive. Incident management plan is not cheap

PagerDuty

I use OpsGenie alerts to manage my work all day. I can react immediately when an issue arises.

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Pros

I really like the flexibility I have in receiving notifications. I can set mobile alerts or even phone calls for the most immediate needs, or just an email for something that I just need to see by the end of the day. I work in production support. So, this immediate filtering of alerts is key to meeting my performance goals.

Cons

I don't actually do the alert configuration myself, but there seems to be a lot of required information to manage new types of alerts. Possibly too flexible, meaning not enough structure to build functionality easily and quickly.

• Industry: Music
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Finally a tool that lets you easily organise your on-call team

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

So far so good, I've tested the call and sms alerts and they've worked as expected.

I'm excited to...

I'm excited to see how this benefits the team in the long run.

Pros

For years we have been running an in house on call team, up until discovering opsegenie this was a very basic on-call rota with a shared mobile number

Opsgenie allows us to setup much more complex on-call rotas, with on call management and escalations, meaning alerts and on-call calls should rarely get missed.

While I've yet to fully integrate all core system alerts, it looks like it can integrate with pretty much everything.

The free tier seems extremely generous considering everything it offers

Cons

It's going to be quite time consuming to setup alerts from everything you want to monitor, but that's not the fault of opsegenie

It took a little time to work out how to input the rota schedule for staff, this was down to me learning how to use the system, but I think the UI could be improved in that area to make it more clear

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

I use a daily to notify issues about my apps and works like a charm

1. easier to settings
2. availability (uptime)
3. the message of alert contains great elements

1. easier to settings
2. availability (uptime)
3. the message of alert contains great elements

Pros

1. is very simple to setting teams, escalations and source notifications
2. reports is easier to use
3. integratetions

Cons

1. the on call schedule isn´t easy in your first visit.
2. integrations with another apps need more docs o information

OpsGenie Review

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Pros

I love the ease of use with the OpsGenie dahsboard, as well as being able to receive immediate notifications on my mobile phone.

Cons

No real dislikes -- the dashboard is a little overwhelming at first, but the feature set is great once you get used to the navigation.

• Industry: Insurance

Excellent choice for managing notifications, monitoring, and escalations

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

We are using Ops Genie as the central point of management for application alerts, server monitoring, and website monitoring. It has allowed us to fine tune our policies to only send alerts that we deem as priority to the staff, and only within specific hours.
In the beginning we were generating far too many notifications based on the activity of alerts created from our applications and monitoring. The best feature is that with Ops Genie, we can modify incoming alerts to mute them based on very specific criteria. This means no changes are required to the applications reporting the notifications, it can all be managed from a central location.

Pros

Extremely easy to use.
Configuration options are clear and simple to setup, but extremely powerful.

We have setup a fairly complex set of policies and escalation schedules and it remains very simple to manage.

Cons

So far it has met all my needs, no cons.

Wouldn't want to run operations without it

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Pros

Instant notification of issues and everyone in the team is aware when someone has acknowledge a task for investigation or completion

Cons

Some of the UI elements are confusing or non-intuitive. For example if you have a list of items that you want to close individually, you need to swipe, but the prior item closing will reset your swipe which is pretty frustrating when you are reviewing many items.

Persistent NOC Operator

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

It's an excellent software. It does the job that it's supossed to, and keeps logs of all its actions.

Pros

* Sometimes NOC operators hesitate to reach out to Sysadmins when an alert comes in the middle to the night, thus losing valuable time when an unidentified outage appears. OpsGenie does not hesitate, and if proper configured, it'll have a sysadmin looking into that alert faster than a NOC operator could.

Cons

* Only sometimes, even when an alert has been closed, the software keeps calling you. I think software engineers have to work better with queues.

William

Good, almost great

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Reliable Alerts monitoring from our application and infrastructure. Without it, we'd either be staring at monitors all night, or waiting for customers to call us and complain. Critical critical app for us.

Pros

The scheduling, routing, and alerting of the alerts is spectacular. Really simple to use, really powerful.

Cons

The new ui for alerts. Yes, its more flexible and exposes more functionalilty that was previously possible. But for 99% of the time its too, too much UI flexibility. When the house is on fire, I want to grab the fire estinguisher and go. Your ui slows me down. It just needs to let me select open, unacked, and closed alerts, SUPER SUPER easily and SUPER SUPER FAST.

Also, the Android app is often unusably slow. I can often boot up my laptop, login to our domain, unlock password manager, and login into the opsgenine website before the stupid app will actually display the alert. Terrible.

Andianne
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

I'll know for sure that I receive my alert, using different channels

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Fast acting on solving a problem before my customers notice it!

Fast acting on solving a problem before my customers notice it!

Pros

It has many ways to notify me: push notification, SMS, Phone call, email. And I love the sum of integrations available, easy to set up and customize. It is a must have solution if you need to be sure that you get alerted when some of the services you offer have a problem and needs to respect the SLA. Long story short, you know when something goes wrong before your customer has a chance to notice the problem!

Cons

The search is not finding the correct results sometimes. The phone calls keep coming even after the alert is acknowledged, sometimes I need to answer in order to stop the calls. And what I like the least is that I cannot bulk note and close all the alerts at the same time, it should be a button for that, when 50+ alerts need the same note and close action.

Vibhu
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

OpsGenie Review positives and Negatives.

Reviewed on 2022/10/13

It is very easy to use application. Also highly recommendable if your budget is low.

Pros

It is very easy to use and is very handy. Also the mobile app takes this to another level from where we can access and get notified on time whenever there is an alert that comes in. Also it supports call feature if you failed to acknowledge the alert.

Cons

There is no SLA Warning or breached graph on the application that is the only con that I've found on my side.

Prabhudatsinh

One stop solution

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Overall we are happy and glad to recommend OpsGenie at any other organization.

Overall we are happy and glad to recommend OpsGenie at any other organization.

Pros

Opsgenie is one stop solution for our monitoring need . Adding Opsgenie reduces our manual and development effort very much. Systems are now easily manageable

Cons

There are still some integration which needs development efforts i..e JIRA . I wish that can also be automated and one click away integration.

Andris
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great product

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

With a help of OpsGenie, we massively improved our response time and it helped to meet SLA agreements with ustomers.

Pros

OpsGenie allows you multiple integrations. We are using Zabbix integration and it works perfect for us.

Cons

At the first point, it is a bit tricky to understand on-call schedules but that was couple of years ago and they done a lot of improvments.

RoophaShree

This tool is really very helpful and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

From this software we are able to monitor all the below threshold level values and alerts get triggered automatically.

Pros

This software can be used by anyone and it is very easy to use. The alerts that get triggered are all genuine alerts and for the alerts which are critical, the incidents get automatically created.

Cons

Once we open any alert somewhere in between and again go back to open next alert it shows from the beginning wherein we have to again scroll down to search for the same alert.

Mike

The ultimate on-duty pager duty scheduling

Reviewed on 2022/12/04

Pros

The ease of use and integration it provides along with its API gives us all the functionality we require.

Cons

Does have a slight learning curve but is far more intuitive than most competitors

Roger
  • Industry: Information Services

Love the Heartbeats!

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

Easy to get up and running and support was helpful the 1 time I needed them.

Easy to get up and running and support was helpful the 1 time I needed them.

Pros

The Heartbeat feature is extremely helpful with all of the websites and backend services my team manages.

It took me from email alert, cron-job notification hell, to just knowing when there's a problem.

Cons

Set up is slightly confusing. May just be because I don't have to set things up very often and forget :)

aaron

A wonderful product with the most potential .

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Pros

The multitude of alerting methods. They have everything from app alerting to sms messages with IFTTT type functionality with other vendors making the setup process very easy

Cons

Having to configure every alert. There should be an easy button. There is a delicate process to setting up each alert, which allows for customization, but can be initially time consuming.

Maxime

Works just great

reliable live alerts for on call staff

reliable live alerts for on call staff

Pros

Never misses an alert and they are sent to mobile devices almost instantly. Also alerts customization is really flexible and user friendly.

Cons

newer web interface (v2) somehow makes it more difficult to retrieve older alerts than the previous version. Also I've never been able to successfully use a saved filter.

It does what it should

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Pros

We use OpsGenie to Alert our OnCall Team.
It offers different ways to be alerted.

Cons

It is a bit expensive. When we started using OpsGenie it was more affordable

Markland
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

OG review

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Pros

I like that I can use this software for live alerting for security use

Cons

I am not sure if I have any cons as of yet. I'll keep you updated

Zied
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Very good overall. A bit expensive but works well.

Very good overall. A bit expensive but works well.

Pros

Works well internationally. Works as expected.

Cons

A little expensive. Difficult to configure.

Bernd

Solid Product

Reviewed on 2018/08/04

Pros

Generally all relevant incident management features are included.

Cons

Sometimes the UX can be difficult, but it is improving.

Barry
Barry
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Daily Usage

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

We use opsgenie for our clients to ensure that their platforms are always online. It alerts us immediately when integrations are inoperable.

Pros

The ease of integration and policy control for alerting.

Cons

The policies for alerting could include multiple AND statements to make it better