eFileCabinet

Cloud based electronic document management

4,4
Kathryn f. B.
Industry: Law Practice

Better Than Others With Room for Improvement

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

eFileCabinet support has been quick and resolved any questions/concerns that I have. The price is higher than others but you get more features than lower-priced programs.

Pros

The ability to customize sharing so much; granting access without individual having to have separate account for program; preview pane; branding ability; multiple viewing panes at once; audit trail easily accessible; folder templates; e-signature in program

Cons

Invitation email 24 hour timeout; inability to select multiple files that aren't listed consecutively; drop down for filing is visually a little difficult to differentiate between; works better in certain internet browsers; Gmail will not allow as third-party app because level of security not high enough (for pulling in emails)

Response from eFileCabinet

It's great to learn more about how eFileCabinet is helpful for your business, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with this review and your feedback!

Lisa C.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Worth it!

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

We have had an excellent experience with eFileCabinet. The customer service team is very responsive, our sales person is well informed on the product and can easily direct you to the team member who will be able to assist you with a problem. The trainers are patient and are willing to advise on the set up of your files. Our trainer, Kevin, knows EVERYTHING about the product, and is willing to do multiple sessions for us to make sure that we understand how to use the product.

Pros

eFile Cabinet and the associated Rubex software make moving from paper files to digital files easy. The various add-ins provide access to the system from your email, PDF, MSExcel, and MSWord. Once uploaded, the files (and their contents) are easy to search. An additional feature that is particularly useful for our team is the ability to allow a "guest user" to access files for a limited time. This is a lifesaver for managing audits and allowing employees to access and view documents in their file. The best feature in this software is the "help" automations that literally walk you through the different activities you may want to accomplish in the software.

Cons

This software can be used be a team that does not have a "plan" for moving to a digital platform, but that is very unwise. It is easy to begin using it right away; the biggest challenge comes in the set up and administration. There is a definite learning curve, and the training that is offered should be readily accepted -- it will be needed, and it is very helpful!

Response from eFileCabinet

Wow, this is amazing feedback to hear and we're so grateful to be supporting your business and look forward to helping you with future successes. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Rich S.
Industry: Construction

Not Feature Packed But Reliable

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

It meets our online file storage needs desktop sidekick app could use some more features but overall good product.

Pros

its reliable, lots of space, iOS support

Cons

No way to flag items into categories (red,blue,yellow etc...)
No way to remind you about item/file
No CRM integrations
No To Do or calendar/Team collaboration

Michael C.
Industry: Accounting

Please contact me to explain if your software will improve

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

Our investment into eFileCabinetOnline has not produced what we had expected and what we had discussed when the product was pitched to us. The functionality lags way far behind our predecessor ShareFile. The linking between EFCO and SecureDrawer is great except there are so many limitations and issues with the new version of SecureDrawer that many of our professionals and many of our clients at times dread using your product (which affects our business). The fact that versioning still gets displayed in England time in EFCO is a joke. When we called it was said this will hopefully be worked on but not likely in the old Out of Browser EFCO. I understand upgrading to the newest versions because we did that immediately with SecureDrawer due to the catastrophic issues with your products and Silverlight which cost our firm a lot of money trying to use the product and dealing with our client's issues accessing files. Anyways, we switched over to the new SecureDrawer and permissions all changed for our administrative staff, there are fewer options to be able to customize who has access to what, and we can't even use the filter search to find drawers unless we have already scrolled down to that area of the alphabet both on the left and middle panes of the product. When I called support, I was told it was "on the list" but likely wouldn't be addressed soon because of all the issues with the rollout of the new version (this was in mid-June 2016 and there's still no improved functionality....) Other items you may want to consider when I compare you to ShareFile. Your notifications no longer provide much detail that is helpful. It would be helpful to know what folder of a drawer a file was uploaded to or downloaded from. Another area ShareFile has a leg up on you is that you could send an email to a guest user along with a link to the specific folder in their drawer that you would like them to upload files to (it helps greatly with administration). Their batch uploads were much more efficient and worked more often than yours do. On the eFileCabinet side, I will investigate the newer version along with sidekick to hopefully see that resolution to issues in the old version was addressed but based on our experience with your products that's unlikely. I apologize for the tone of this experience, but I have lost numerous hours and our firm has lost money related to dealing with issues related to your software. I would greatly appreciate a call from anyone from EFCO.

Pros

You can link SecureDrawer to eFileCabinet. And you can access from virtually anywhere

Cons

Our investment into eFileCabinetOnline has not produced what we had expected and what we had discussed when the product was pitched to us. The functionality lags way far behind our predecessor ShareFile. Versioning doesn't work in eFileCabinet. Filtering doesn't work in SecureDrawer, you cannot download multiple files or sometimes upload multiple files at once without issues or errors. Permissions in SecureDrawer do not have many options. Notifications are in general not helpful. SecureDrawer itself is not as good as Citrix's ShareFile for example wherein ShareFile you can direct a guest user to a specific folder with a direct link. When they click the link they can log in and find themselves in the exact folder or subfolder in which to upload. You also could have different permissions for different subfolders instead of only being able to change permissions at the drawer level. Overall the cons definitely outweigh any pros we have experienced.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Patrick C.
Industry: Financial Services

eFileCabinet

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

Fantastic. Simple. Not afraid to use it as it is not overwhelming and almost no learning curve.

Pros

A platform that provides an intuitive, simple and common filing system that mimics what one would utilize if using paper. There is very little set-up and also provides the ability to accommodate/configure each company's needs. The accessible customer service is based in USA and everyone has been extremely helpful without hold times. They will train you more than once, if needed, as it is a very simple means of going paperless. They are not trying to reinvent the wheel in filing but are continuously upgrading and improving its capabilities.

Cons

The only thing for me, since my application is cloud based and not desktop, is integration with other vendors. On the other hand, i am not sure if I would ever need to integrate with my other vendors.

Response from eFileCabinet

It's awesome to learn more about you use eFileCabinet and that you love the customer service and support. We're grateful for you as a customer and we really appreciate your time to leave this review!

eFile Cabinet and SecureDrawer

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

I am able to share files with my clients in accordance with IRS guidelines.

Pros

My clients and I are able to share files securely.

Cons

I need a workflow management solution which is not included with eFile Cabinet.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, it's great to hear your feedback!

Deborah F.

EfileCabinet Document Management System

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

No issues. We are very happy.

Pros

Very easy to use. Always works. Competitive Pricing.

Cons

I wish I could pdf from lacerte into efilecabinet, but its not that big of a deal to just pdf to my desktop and then drag and drop into efilecabinet.

Response from eFileCabinet

It is excellent to hear that your business is happy with eFIleCabinet. We strive to provide the best in value and support for our customers! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Mike F.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Good product, WAY too expensive

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

Overall, I had many customers using efile, not it is down to 2, and they will not renew at the next renewal. The cost is just too high for the service provided.

Pros

The searchablity and security, data can't be compromised by a virus

Cons

There are bugs that may or may not get fixed during an update, and they don't know why.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, we appreciate the feedback.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Steven B.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Using eFileCabinet

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

I am very happy with the use of this product. It is easy to use.

Pros

I like to ability to share files with co-workers, especially since we are working at home instead of the office do to COVID-19. It is very easy to use.

Cons

The only issue I have is the sidekick feature. It does not recognize my password and I have just given up using that feature.

Response from eFileCabinet

It's great to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to help your business through the COVID-19 pandemic, we're grateful for a customer like you and appreciate your review!

Jennifer M.

Accounting firm use

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Our filing and saving of documents is no longer an issue, for the most part our clients have been able to upload documents without issues.

Pros

The integration process was very easy. The functionality of the software in our everyday use is amazing and makes our jobs easier

Cons

Some of the components are not very easy to figure out, I have had to call a few times to try and figure out how to use them.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we appreciate your review!

Philip S.
Industry: Accounting

Excellent way to go paperless

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

The tech support staff at eFile Cabinet has been great to work with when any issues have asrisen. As a CPA tech support is everything and if you can't support your product in a timely fashion the product is worhtless.

Pros

Easy to use, secure storage of client. I wanted my data management system to be separate from my tax software should I ever want to change company's. Also from previous experiences I need a company that would stand behind their product and was large enough to be around in the future.

Cons

After buying a license with annual support I was forced to switch to an annual renewal. Shades of Microsoft & Adobe with monthly/annual subscriptions. So as long as you don't mind and annual subscription . . . . . .

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, we very much appreciate the feedback and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business!

Julie M.
Industry: Construction

**Supreme** (online) Document Management Storage Software!

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

In the business world today, there are mountains and mountains of paperwork. Being able to limit and severly reduce our paper file storage has amounted to savings of thousands of hours and dollars. The ability for our PM's to be able to search for a document their smart phone or tablet while on the job and find the document/invoice/proposal/bid/change order, etc. is invaluable and hard to put a dollar amount on! There are many DMS software programs out there, but eFileCabinet is perfect for our enterprise!

Pros

Our (big) small construction business has been using eFileCabinet for almost 5 years now. We have 8 users who interact with the software on a daily basis. The flexibility of searches, profiles (tags), ease of organization, templates and such make this such a great program for our office. The ability to see documents on our smart devices or using a web browser (online version) is crucial to our project mgrs and even office staff when we are working remotely. I am a huge fan of this software and every update that comes out just improves the program even more. We are very happy with the tech support (hardly need it) on the rare occasion we encounter an issue. **Highly recommended**

Cons

I pondered this question for a good length of time. I honestly cannot complain about anything at this juncture. I am the "admin" for our account and so I do all the setup, permissions, user groups, profile setups, etc. I am the most knowledgable of the software at our office and can say with certainty that we are extremely happy with our use of eFileCabinet.

Response from eFileCabinet

Wow, thank you so much for leaving this glowing review. We really appreciate your feedback and are excited to hear that we've been able to support your construction business with being able to go to a digital storage system with our document management software. We very much look forward to continuing to support the success of McGuirk Sand-Gravel, Inc.

Michael E.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

Exceptional Document Management System Software!

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

The company that I worked for is like most companies in America right now. They didn't seem to have a genuine way of organizing their documentation. There was the issue of multiple people having copies, but all of them had different revisions. You could only imagine a headache that it caused. Well, that was when I set out to find a DMS for the company. When I began to look deeper into eFileCabinet, it literally blew me away. The ease of use and the ability to send people documents with the correct revisions was a blessing. No more having to worry about people not having the correct documentation. This goes for internal as well as external customers as well. The ability to search for documents became a breeze one everything was populated. The only downfall that I have about the software is that it doesn't support all of our file extensions. Maybe those are just buyer need instead of overall need, but we deal with printed circuit boards so that files associated with them don't resonate with the software. Other than that, it is probably the biggest blessing that we could have found for the company. The drag and drop style of putting in files, being able to do version control on the fly, and sending documents through Secure Drawer is an added bonus. You will be thankful for this purchase once you get on board. It's easy to use and quickly becoming my favorite software.

Pros

The biggest thing that I like about the software is the ability to do my own cabinets and not allow others to see them. I like having everything organized so that it's easier in the long run. EFC allows me to have that organization and I am grateful for it.

Cons

Again, as I've stated before, the only issue with the software is that not all file extensions are included. You have your typical Microsoft Office file types, but it would be nice to have an add-on for extensions like .pcb, .dxf, and others that when associated with a particular software, that software's insignia is used in EFC.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback in this review. It's great to hear that eFileCabinet has been able to provide you with an organization solution and that you've found it easy to use. We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing to provide support for the success of your business.

Stephen B.

One of my Most Valuable Tools

Reviewed on 2016/08/27

I stumbled upon this software while searching for a better paperless solution in my office when I learned that my tax software would no longer support their own document management system. They recommended another system, which I found wholly inadequate, both from the standpoint of transitioning and customer care, both of which were less than adequate. When I discovered Efile Cabinet, I found a solution that offered more than I was even looking for and included a level of customer support that I have found to be extremely responsive, considerate and very helpful. I also had an experience where my hard drive crashed and the tech support at Efile Cabinet helped me to restore everything from Cloud view on to my desktop, so I was up and running again in very little time.

Pros

This software has so many features and offers far more than what I ever expected - including the ability to preserve all items in the cloud automatically, the app to be able to retrieve, alter and transmit documents from anywhere with ease and the Secure Drawer option that allows me to share files with my clients back and forth. There are many training videos available, so I'm able to get answers to my questions easily and when I can't figure something out, the tech support is readily available to me. In short, this software is one of the most important tools I use in my office.

Cons

I wish the software had a direct connection to my tax prep software so I could print tax returns directly to client folders, but that's more a function of the tax software than Efile Cabinet, so I can't really hold it against them. It's really the only thing that I don't like, and it's a small thing relative to all the good things.

Response from eFileCabinet

We're excited to hear that eFileCabinet is one of the most valuable tools around your office. We strive to provide strong support for eFileCabinet users and look forward to continuing to provide support for the success of your business.

Jessica Y.
Industry: Accounting

Good for the price but, be wary of version updates.

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

Pros

The ability to create a template and mass apply said template to multiple clients eliminated much of the tedium of having to do so one-by-one. I also liked the ease in which we were able to sync to the Secure File exchange portal online from within the desktop application as well.

Cons

Despite numerous updates, we were never able to drag/drop documents from the software to our desktop or to emails. The searching of text in the software, while it worked initially, stopped working for us after new versions were released and installed. We stopped being able to search anything (such an important feature) not long after purchase in the search bar. The workflow feature would also have been nice to use but, proved to be very basic. Next, even though I set up naming conventions, when these were available to use depended on how you saved the document instead of being available all the time.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you so much for this feedback, it's great to learn more about how you use eFileCabinet. We want to provide you with the best possible support to help you with some of the search issues you have experienced and will have your account manager reach out to you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review!

Kara B.

eFileCabinet Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

We love e-file cabinet, and we love the IDEA of secure drawer. But it is just so difficult for our clients and us to use.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. I like how it is laid out. I like the function of emailing encrypted documents.

Cons

Secure drawer is HORRIBLE. Our clients and us are ALWAYS having issues with it. We love the idea. We love having a secure way to send docs, however it needs to more simple. And when we are able to speak with customer service they're fantastic and always tremendous help. However sometimes the wait times to get ahold of CS is difficult. Most of the year I can sit on hold for 40+ mins and it is not a problem. But during Tax Season Feb-Mid April, I do not have time to sit on hold for that long. I just cannot. So that is a very small downfall, however it very normal with any system and any customer service team.

Response from eFileCabinet

It's great to hear that you love how easy eFC is to use. We're excited to announce that we have some big changes launching soon that will improve the user experience even more and we would love to tell you more about how these changes can assist in your frustrations with Secure Drawer. We are hosting a free webinar on April 25 to discuss these changes, if you are interested you can register here: https://go.efilecabinet.com/webinar/whats-new-efc Our customer support team is also available via chat, phone, and through email to assist you as quickly as possible, and we also have our new Premium Support available for easy access 24 hours per day, 6 days per week. We hope providing these options for support will assist you in getting the support you need quickly and efficiently. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback!

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Daniel A.

A Great Solution for Your Paperless Business

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Really helpful with productivity in establishing workflow. Extremely quick to enable answering factual client questions without having to call them back. Technical support has been great over about 5 years of using the software.

Pros

The "templates" feature enables you to create folder structures for each client as well as pre-defined names of documents to be stored. Every client folder is then standardized in structure. This feature enables creation of document workflow without needing to create a massive bookmarked pdf that might be susceptible to file corruption. The "Logs" feature is really helpful to locate items I may have stored in the wrong client folder.

Cons

What's not to like? I can think of two minor complaints I suppose. I am a heavy pdf bookmark user. EFC allows creation of bookmarks without having to "check out" the file but sometimes the bookmarks don't "stick." I get around this by checking out the document, bookmarking it and then checking the document back in. "Checking in" and "checking out" is a very easy process. Second minor complaint is that when I want to apply a template (I have multiple templates), the dialog box always pre-selects the first template on the list and I have to "de-select" it.

Response from eFileCabinet

Wow, thank you so much for leaving us a great review and for taking the time to give your feedback. We're glad to hear that you love our templates feature and that our product has helped your business establish a workflow. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your company.

Emily S.
Industry: Food & Beverages
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

eFile review

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Our overall experience with eFile is becoming more positive. We started out on a rough patch with the system. Our initial training wasn't the greatest and didn't focus on what we would actually benefit from in the system so we basically had to teach ourselves how to use it. Our company uses Sidekick more than online which has really helped our productivity in our company as we used to spend tons of time trying to get documents into employee drawers.

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use eFile Sidekick. We have found that using that saves us much more time than using the online version and pulling documents from our email is much quicker than using the eFile scanner.

Cons

What I least like about this software is how the online version lags so much. We are also a company of 30,000+ so we have many drawers out there for our employees. We've had to create multiple cabinets to continue adding employees into. We've had to find a work around in searching for employees since our one cabinet is so full, we can't click on it without freezing and getting booted out of sidekick. I do wish that eFile was able to really handle the amount of documents we put into the system and that it would run smoother for us.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your business and for your trust in us to provide support for your business. We're excited about some new upcoming features that are launching soon that will improve the user experience even more. We look forward to providing continued support for your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Jacqueline D.

Great storage option!

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

I do love the integration between other software and eFileCabinet so that you can easily bring in the documents. Over the years that I have had eFileCabinet, I have really liked it, however, the pricing is getting a lot more expensive. Also some of the features, I have had a bit of trouble figuring out how to use. Some are features that I only use once in awhile as so I forget hour to use them - like purge, unpurged, and templates. But overall the software is great, just getting a bit pricey.

Pros

Love the sync with SecureDrawer!

Cons

Trying to use some of the features - Templates is a big one, I set up a couple of templates awhile ago, but I remember it was not the easiest thing. I now need to edit those templates and don't have the time to dig in to see how to do that. Also, I do not understand how to CHECK OUT something, edit it and put it back. I am always having to save it on my desktop and re-import. Also, it would be nice if you could put notes right on the document or at least make the notes more visible. Right now with the notes being on a separate tab they do not stand out that there are even notes there so that is a bit frustrating. Also, I have an old client that has now come back and started working with me. I set their file to purge and cannot seem to get the purge off of the file, so I am going to have to manually pull all the documents out and create another file. Also, it is getting quite expensive for a small business like mine. I am going to have to, unfortunately, look into other alternatives.

Rocky L.

Multiple Locations

Reviewed on 2020/05/11

This helped us mange our files better and more efficiently. It assured with the accessibility of files for everyone in the organization. Opening over multiple states this is a must.

Pros

What we like most about the software is the accessibility from multiple locations and ease of use.

Cons

It is a little hard to mange on your phone. Not impossible but takes some getting used to for old eyes.

Response from eFileCabinet

It's awesome to hear that you love the ability to use eFileCabinet in multiple locations across multiple states! We strive to help your business be more efficient! Thanks for leaving us your feedback, we truly value you as a customer and are grateful for the review!

Don D.

eFileCabinet (EFC) Is Superb for Accounting and Tax Preparation Practices

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

We are a 12-person accounting and tax preparation practice that has used the locally installed of EFC for 5+ years. Currently we have 115GB of data made up of 143K+ files in 425K+ folders and 6.7K+ drawers. EFC has performed faithfully with only very occasional minor issues (usually user error) during the entire time we've had it. In 30+ years in IT/Business I can't recall any other software that has been this reliable. This is one of the few pieces of software I can recommend without hesitation.

Pros

Allows us to save scans of our clients paper and electronic documents as well as digital copies of their tax returns in a fast, secure, dependable and easy to use document repository. Excellent search capability allows misfiled/"lost" documents to be quickly located.

Cons

Integration with Lacerte, our professional tax prep software (which has ~85% of the market) is limited. NOTE: This is NOT the fault of EFC. Despite our repeated requests over the last 5 years, Intuit, owner of Lacerte, has not provided the needed API (interface) that third parties like EFC require to integrate. EFC has said they stand ready to develop this integration once Intuit delivers. We are hopeful this will occur in 2019.

Response from eFileCabinet

Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it's great to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to faithfully improve the efficiency of your business. Thank you for being our customer, we look forward to providing your business with continued support!

Karen R.

eFileCabinet User for Many Years

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

I have a tax and accounting practice, and eFileCabinet allows me to have very little filing space. Everything is returned to the clients, and I scan everything and have access to whatever I need or want from there.

Pros

eFileCabinet allows you to print straight to the program from every other program I have ever tried - Microsoft suite programs, accounting software, QuickBooks, tax software, everything! This feature along with the ability to quickly scan and store items make a paper-free office a reality, not just a goal.

Cons

I have my eFileCabinet set up very detailed. I would like to be able to click on where I want the file saved or printed to and then just scan or print it straight in there. Most times I have to click as many as six different things to save the document where I want it. That has been a complaint of mine since I started using the software.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to leave us this review. We are excited about some new features that will be launching soon that are going to improve the user experience even more. We would love to tell you more about them and are hosting a free webinar on April 25 where you can learn more. You can register here: https://go.efilecabinet.com/webinar/whats-new-efc Our customer support team is also available to discuss some of these new features and can show you how they can improve your processes. We hope this helps and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

Priscilla M.

Finding documents

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Ease of retrieval, ease of filing, quick review of documents in a file. We have a client portal as part of our web site so we don't use the secure drawer feature.

Pros

I love the OCR feature. If I know I've written an article or written a letter to IRS on a subject and I don't remember who the client was or when the article was written, putting in the key words brings up the appropriate documents. It is easy to re-title documents and storage is easy. We have e-file cabinet icons on excel, word and e-mail. Just click on the icon when you want to file something and it brings you to e-file cabinet, select the correct file and click save and your done. I am from the paper filing era and the time savings on not having to locate misfiled documents is a cost savings for the firm. We scan all documents as they arrive and because we have a standardized naming convention, everyone knows what is available. It is also easy to drag and drop if you receive a pdf.

Cons

We have a file structure that uses cabinets for current clients and former clients and it is not as easy as some of the other operations to move drawers.

Response from eFileCabinet

It's so great to hear how the OCR feature is able to help support your role, and we love to be a part of your business's success! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review!

Will B.

Thoughts after using EFC

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

We switched from SmartVault to EFC. First off, their tech support people are really helpful and so far we have been extremely satisfied with them. Upon getting our EFC database set up on our server we were hit with a slew of problems. First was an issue with the way the SmartVault data was transferred. When going through the purchasing process of EFC the sales person made it sound like EFC tech people were very familiar with doing a SmartVault conversion, but after doing the process it was very obvious that they did not know what to do in terms on (1) how to get the data from SV and (2) how to re-arrange the data so that it imports correctly into EFC.
So, after we got EFC going we had them do some re-arranging of our data on our server so it worked properly which took a while to find the solution on how to fix it. Then a week after that we ran into more issues about something corrupted on our server-side database. That took another week form them to figure out a solution and finally get it fixed. Now, we are still having issues with another problem about SecureDrawer that they are working on, but as of waiting 3-4 days after opening a ticket they don't have a timeframe on fixing.

Pros

I like that the software is available to be hosted on our dedicated in-house server because we don't trust our client's data in the cloud.

Cons

I don't like how you cannot edit pdf's within the program. For example, you cannot permanently rotate or delete a page within a pdf document without having to pay for a 3rd party pdf editing program.
Our employees don't particularly enjoy the user interface that shows the folder and document structure. It was a big change from Smartvault where the client list is on the left-hand side of the screen and then the rest of the screen contained the drawer folder structure and the documents within those folders. In EFC you are forced to select a folder to view the documents within that folder, but you are unable to view documents in two separate folders at the same time.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We appreciate your patience and trust in us as we resolve some of the issues you have had and are excited about some future updates that will create an even better, smoother user experience.

Karen W.

Does the Job!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/04/19

We have to use eFileCabinet for our financial and tax business. Our tax software doesn't support eFileCabinet so it takes us extra steps to save completed pdf files of tax returns into the software. For our financial clients, we are required to have this software so we have . But, overall, the software does what it is supposed to - to keep your documents safe and secure in one easy to search place. Customer service is reachable and they will answer your questions when they are able to.

Pros

This software will make it easy for you to keep important documents for your clients and for other aspects of your business in one place, safely and securely. It is fairly flexible in that you can organize the client "files" and "filing cabinets" how you like. You can search for the client name which makes it easy to find what you are looking for with only a few keystrokes.

Cons

The software can be a little confusing to use and a bit finicky if you double-click on your pdf files that you want to "check out". I've lost items that I had scanned into the software because the pdf file gets locked up and can't be recovered. I called support for help, but they either didn't understand what my issue was or couldn't recreate it to fix it. I just try to be careful when viewing or "checking out" documents. You can also scan documents directly into the software, but this software does not have the ability to manipulate the saved scans - like, if you decide that you want to add or delete or even change the orientation of an already saved document you will need to purchase a full version of adobe pdf software.

Response from eFileCabinet

It's great to heart that we're able to help your business store documents for your clients securely. We're excited to be launching some new features that will work even more efficiently and seamlessly with other tax software platforms and hope this will really help your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review.