eFileCabinet Reviews

eFileCabinet

Cloud based electronic document management

4.4/5 (420 reviews)
Julie M.

**Supreme** (online) Document Management Storage Software!

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

In the business world today, there are mountains and mountains of paperwork. Being able to limit and severly reduce our paper file storage has amounted to savings of thousands of hours and dollars. The ability for our PM's to be able to search for a document their smart phone or tablet while on the job and find the document/invoice/proposal/bid/change order, etc. is invaluable and hard to put a dollar amount on! There are many DMS software programs out there, but eFileCabinet is perfect for our enterprise!

Pros

Our (big) small construction business has been using eFileCabinet for almost 5 years now. We have 8 users who interact with the software on a daily basis. The flexibility of searches, profiles (tags), ease of organization, templates and such make this such a great program for our office. The ability to see documents on our smart devices or using a web browser (online version) is crucial to our project mgrs and even office staff when we are working remotely. I am a huge fan of this software and every update that comes out just improves the program even more. We are very happy with the tech support (hardly need it) on the rare occasion we encounter an issue. **Highly recommended**

Cons

I pondered this question for a good length of time. I honestly cannot complain about anything at this juncture. I am the "admin" for our account and so I do all the setup, permissions, user groups, profile setups, etc. I am the most knowledgable of the software at our office and can say with certainty that we are extremely happy with our use of eFileCabinet.

Response from eFileCabinet

Wow, thank you so much for leaving this glowing review. We really appreciate your feedback and are excited to hear that we've been able to support your construction business with being able to go to a digital storage system with our document management software. We very much look forward to continuing to support the success of McGuirk Sand-Gravel, Inc.

Michael E.

Exceptional Document Management System Software!

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

The company that I worked for is like most companies in America right now. They didn't seem to have a genuine way of organizing their documentation. There was the issue of multiple people having copies, but all of them had different revisions. You could only imagine a headache that it caused. Well, that was when I set out to find a DMS for the company. When I began to look deeper into eFileCabinet, it literally blew me away. The ease of use and the ability to send people documents with the correct revisions was a blessing. No more having to worry about people not having the correct documentation. This goes for internal as well as external customers as well. The ability to search for documents became a breeze one everything was populated. The only downfall that I have about the software is that it doesn't support all of our file extensions. Maybe those are just buyer need instead of overall need, but we deal with printed circuit boards so that files associated with them don't resonate with the software. Other than that, it is probably the biggest blessing that we could have found for the company. The drag and drop style of putting in files, being able to do version control on the fly, and sending documents through Secure Drawer is an added bonus. You will be thankful for this purchase once you get on board. It's easy to use and quickly becoming my favorite software.

Pros

The biggest thing that I like about the software is the ability to do my own cabinets and not allow others to see them. I like having everything organized so that it's easier in the long run. EFC allows me to have that organization and I am grateful for it.

Cons

Again, as I've stated before, the only issue with the software is that not all file extensions are included. You have your typical Microsoft Office file types, but it would be nice to have an add-on for extensions like .pcb, .dxf, and others that when associated with a particular software, that software's insignia is used in EFC.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback in this review. It's great to hear that eFileCabinet has been able to provide you with an organization solution and that you've found it easy to use. We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing to provide support for the success of your business.

Stephen B.

One of my Most Valuable Tools

Reviewed on 2016/08/27

I stumbled upon this software while searching for a better paperless solution in my office when I learned that my tax software would no longer support their own document management system. They recommended another system, which I found wholly inadequate, both from the standpoint of transitioning and customer care, both of which were less than adequate. When I discovered Efile Cabinet, I found a solution that offered more than I was even looking for and included a level of customer support that I have found to be extremely responsive, considerate and very helpful. I also had an experience where my hard drive crashed and the tech support at Efile Cabinet helped me to restore everything from Cloud view on to my desktop, so I was up and running again in very little time.

Pros

This software has so many features and offers far more than what I ever expected - including the ability to preserve all items in the cloud automatically, the app to be able to retrieve, alter and transmit documents from anywhere with ease and the Secure Drawer option that allows me to share files with my clients back and forth. There are many training videos available, so I'm able to get answers to my questions easily and when I can't figure something out, the tech support is readily available to me. In short, this software is one of the most important tools I use in my office.

Cons

I wish the software had a direct connection to my tax prep software so I could print tax returns directly to client folders, but that's more a function of the tax software than Efile Cabinet, so I can't really hold it against them. It's really the only thing that I don't like, and it's a small thing relative to all the good things.

Response from eFileCabinet

We're excited to hear that eFileCabinet is one of the most valuable tools around your office. We strive to provide strong support for eFileCabinet users and look forward to continuing to provide support for the success of your business.

Kara B.

eFileCabinet Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

We love e-file cabinet, and we love the IDEA of secure drawer. But it is just so difficult for our clients and us to use.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. I like how it is laid out. I like the function of emailing encrypted documents.

Cons

Secure drawer is HORRIBLE. Our clients and us are ALWAYS having issues with it. We love the idea. We love having a secure way to send docs, however it needs to more simple. And when we are able to speak with customer service they're fantastic and always tremendous help. However sometimes the wait times to get ahold of CS is difficult. Most of the year I can sit on hold for 40+ mins and it is not a problem. But during Tax Season Feb-Mid April, I do not have time to sit on hold for that long. I just cannot. So that is a very small downfall, however it very normal with any system and any customer service team.

Response from eFileCabinet

It's great to hear that you love how easy eFC is to use. We're excited to announce that we have some big changes launching soon that will improve the user experience even more and we would love to tell you more about how these changes can assist in your frustrations with Secure Drawer. We are hosting a free webinar on April 25 to discuss these changes, if you are interested you can register here: https://go.efilecabinet.com/webinar/whats-new-efc Our customer support team is also available via chat, phone, and through email to assist you as quickly as possible, and we also have our new Premium Support available for easy access 24 hours per day, 6 days per week. We hope providing these options for support will assist you in getting the support you need quickly and efficiently. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback!

6.0/10
Daniel A.

A Great Solution for Your Paperless Business

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Really helpful with productivity in establishing workflow. Extremely quick to enable answering factual client questions without having to call them back. Technical support has been great over about 5 years of using the software.

Pros

The "templates" feature enables you to create folder structures for each client as well as pre-defined names of documents to be stored. Every client folder is then standardized in structure. This feature enables creation of document workflow without needing to create a massive bookmarked pdf that might be susceptible to file corruption. The "Logs" feature is really helpful to locate items I may have stored in the wrong client folder.

Cons

What's not to like? I can think of two minor complaints I suppose. I am a heavy pdf bookmark user. EFC allows creation of bookmarks without having to "check out" the file but sometimes the bookmarks don't "stick." I get around this by checking out the document, bookmarking it and then checking the document back in. "Checking in" and "checking out" is a very easy process. Second minor complaint is that when I want to apply a template (I have multiple templates), the dialog box always pre-selects the first template on the list and I have to "de-select" it.

Response from eFileCabinet

Wow, thank you so much for leaving us a great review and for taking the time to give your feedback. We're glad to hear that you love our templates feature and that our product has helped your business establish a workflow. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your company.

Emily S.

eFile review

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Our overall experience with eFile is becoming more positive. We started out on a rough patch with the system. Our initial training wasn't the greatest and didn't focus on what we would actually benefit from in the system so we basically had to teach ourselves how to use it. Our company uses Sidekick more than online which has really helped our productivity in our company as we used to spend tons of time trying to get documents into employee drawers.

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use eFile Sidekick. We have found that using that saves us much more time than using the online version and pulling documents from our email is much quicker than using the eFile scanner.

Cons

What I least like about this software is how the online version lags so much. We are also a company of 30,000+ so we have many drawers out there for our employees. We've had to create multiple cabinets to continue adding employees into. We've had to find a work around in searching for employees since our one cabinet is so full, we can't click on it without freezing and getting booted out of sidekick. I do wish that eFile was able to really handle the amount of documents we put into the system and that it would run smoother for us.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your business and for your trust in us to provide support for your business. We're excited about some new upcoming features that are launching soon that will improve the user experience even more. We look forward to providing continued support for your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Jacqueline D.

Great storage option!

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

I do love the integration between other software and eFileCabinet so that you can easily bring in the documents. Over the years that I have had eFileCabinet, I have really liked it, however, the pricing is getting a lot more expensive. Also some of the features, I have had a bit of trouble figuring out how to use. Some are features that I only use once in awhile as so I forget hour to use them - like purge, unpurged, and templates. But overall the software is great, just getting a bit pricey.

Pros

Love the sync with SecureDrawer!

Cons

Trying to use some of the features - Templates is a big one, I set up a couple of templates awhile ago, but I remember it was not the easiest thing. I now need to edit those templates and don't have the time to dig in to see how to do that. Also, I do not understand how to CHECK OUT something, edit it and put it back. I am always having to save it on my desktop and re-import. Also, it would be nice if you could put notes right on the document or at least make the notes more visible. Right now with the notes being on a separate tab they do not stand out that there are even notes there so that is a bit frustrating. Also, I have an old client that has now come back and started working with me. I set their file to purge and cannot seem to get the purge off of the file, so I am going to have to manually pull all the documents out and create another file. Also, it is getting quite expensive for a small business like mine. I am going to have to, unfortunately, look into other alternatives.

Don D.

eFileCabinet (EFC) Is Superb for Accounting and Tax Preparation Practices

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

We are a 12-person accounting and tax preparation practice that has used the locally installed of EFC for 5+ years. Currently we have 115GB of data made up of 143K+ files in 425K+ folders and 6.7K+ drawers. EFC has performed faithfully with only very occasional minor issues (usually user error) during the entire time we've had it. In 30+ years in IT/Business I can't recall any other software that has been this reliable. This is one of the few pieces of software I can recommend without hesitation.

Pros

Allows us to save scans of our clients paper and electronic documents as well as digital copies of their tax returns in a fast, secure, dependable and easy to use document repository. Excellent search capability allows misfiled/"lost" documents to be quickly located.

Cons

Integration with Lacerte, our professional tax prep software (which has ~85% of the market) is limited. NOTE: This is NOT the fault of EFC. Despite our repeated requests over the last 5 years, Intuit, owner of Lacerte, has not provided the needed API (interface) that third parties like EFC require to integrate. EFC has said they stand ready to develop this integration once Intuit delivers. We are hopeful this will occur in 2019.

Response from eFileCabinet

Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it's great to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to faithfully improve the efficiency of your business. Thank you for being our customer, we look forward to providing your business with continued support!

Karen R.

eFileCabinet User for Many Years

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

I have a tax and accounting practice, and eFileCabinet allows me to have very little filing space. Everything is returned to the clients, and I scan everything and have access to whatever I need or want from there.

Pros

eFileCabinet allows you to print straight to the program from every other program I have ever tried - Microsoft suite programs, accounting software, QuickBooks, tax software, everything! This feature along with the ability to quickly scan and store items make a paper-free office a reality, not just a goal.

Cons

I have my eFileCabinet set up very detailed. I would like to be able to click on where I want the file saved or printed to and then just scan or print it straight in there. Most times I have to click as many as six different things to save the document where I want it. That has been a complaint of mine since I started using the software.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to leave us this review. We are excited about some new features that will be launching soon that are going to improve the user experience even more. We would love to tell you more about them and are hosting a free webinar on April 25 where you can learn more. You can register here: https://go.efilecabinet.com/webinar/whats-new-efc Our customer support team is also available to discuss some of these new features and can show you how they can improve your processes. We hope this helps and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

Will B.

Thoughts after using EFC

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

We switched from SmartVault to EFC. First off, their tech support people are really helpful and so far we have been extremely satisfied with them. Upon getting our EFC database set up on our server we were hit with a slew of problems. First was an issue with the way the SmartVault data was transferred. When going through the purchasing process of EFC the sales person made it sound like EFC tech people were very familiar with doing a SmartVault conversion, but after doing the process it was very obvious that they did not know what to do in terms on (1) how to get the data from SV and (2) how to re-arrange the data so that it imports correctly into EFC.
So, after we got EFC going we had them do some re-arranging of our data on our server so it worked properly which took a while to find the solution on how to fix it. Then a week after that we ran into more issues about something corrupted on our server-side database. That took another week form them to figure out a solution and finally get it fixed. Now, we are still having issues with another problem about SecureDrawer that they are working on, but as of waiting 3-4 days after opening a ticket they don't have a timeframe on fixing.

Pros

I like that the software is available to be hosted on our dedicated in-house server because we don't trust our client's data in the cloud.

Cons

I don't like how you cannot edit pdf's within the program. For example, you cannot permanently rotate or delete a page within a pdf document without having to pay for a 3rd party pdf editing program.
Our employees don't particularly enjoy the user interface that shows the folder and document structure. It was a big change from Smartvault where the client list is on the left-hand side of the screen and then the rest of the screen contained the drawer folder structure and the documents within those folders. In EFC you are forced to select a folder to view the documents within that folder, but you are unable to view documents in two separate folders at the same time.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We appreciate your patience and trust in us as we resolve some of the issues you have had and are excited about some future updates that will create an even better, smoother user experience.

Karen W.

Does the Job!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/04/19

We have to use eFileCabinet for our financial and tax business. Our tax software doesn't support eFileCabinet so it takes us extra steps to save completed pdf files of tax returns into the software. For our financial clients, we are required to have this software so we have . But, overall, the software does what it is supposed to - to keep your documents safe and secure in one easy to search place. Customer service is reachable and they will answer your questions when they are able to.

Pros

This software will make it easy for you to keep important documents for your clients and for other aspects of your business in one place, safely and securely. It is fairly flexible in that you can organize the client "files" and "filing cabinets" how you like. You can search for the client name which makes it easy to find what you are looking for with only a few keystrokes.

Cons

The software can be a little confusing to use and a bit finicky if you double-click on your pdf files that you want to "check out". I've lost items that I had scanned into the software because the pdf file gets locked up and can't be recovered. I called support for help, but they either didn't understand what my issue was or couldn't recreate it to fix it. I just try to be careful when viewing or "checking out" documents. You can also scan documents directly into the software, but this software does not have the ability to manipulate the saved scans - like, if you decide that you want to add or delete or even change the orientation of an already saved document you will need to purchase a full version of adobe pdf software.

Response from eFileCabinet

It's great to heart that we're able to help your business store documents for your clients securely. We're excited to be launching some new features that will work even more efficiently and seamlessly with other tax software platforms and hope this will really help your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review.

Miriam K.

E-File Cabinet gives me peace of mind and saves me time and space

Reviewed on 2016/08/24

I have used E-file Cabinet desktop version for over 7 years. My growing CPA firm was bulging at the seams with documents from years of bookkeeping and tax return work. The EFC team was extremely helpful form day one to get me set up and answer my questions. I have been able to shred thousands of documents and manage my filing system in an efficient manner.

Pros

I love that I can retrieve documents for my clients on a moment's notice and send confidential information with password protection. I can refer to prior year's work papers on-screen without having to retrieve physical files, which saves me time and allows me to work more efficiently and effectively. I love being able to append and/or prepend to existing documents in EFile Cabinet. I also really like how it integrates with Secure Drawer, another product offered by EFC.

Cons

I have had a little trouble with sending e-mails from EFC, where the document is attached to the e-mail but my comments in the body of the e-mail don't appear to the recipient if my e-mail is formatted in HTML format. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Decent software and features but support is lacking

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

The software makes it easy to share client files between departments and simple to send files to the client when requested. Overall it is a good product.

Pros

We also use the SecureDrawer product to integrate sending and receiving files with our clients. I prefer e-file cabinet as it works better and seems like a better user experience. Overall I like the simple way to add files, categorize and use templates and search functionality. All work very naturally and are easy to remember when I need to perform an action.

Cons

We run it on a local server and it often forgets or gets confused when doing the indexing. I add new clients so sometimes we cannot find the new folders and have to search for them manually. This is only an issue periodically but in my 4 years working with the software seems to happen more than any other product I have used in the past.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thanks so much for your feedback. It's great to hear that we've been able to help your business with keeping things simple and organized. We are excited about some of the new updates being released soon that will improve the user experience even more to assist with some of the issues you mention here. We also have a support team that is available through phone, chat, and email that is ready and willing to help with any additional questions you have. We look forward to providing continued support for the success of your business!

David O.

Great storage for a small CPA firm

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

After the collapse of DMS from Lacerte we tried one other program (a disaster) before we found Efile Cabinet.

Pros

Easy to organize and standardize your file cabinet can look like you want it to. With standardized naming conventions, folder structure and retention features you can automate your files.

We love the open, edit and save features of the program. Search the entire cabinet for lost files by name and date. Encrypted for your clients protection and big enough to store over 5,000 clients with almost 20 years of records.

Cons

The search function has slowed down with the latest software update.
I cannot drag emails from out look to the cabinet. I have to drag them to the desktop first.
Sometimes when you create a new folder for a client it creates 2 with the same name.
The secure drawer portal is difficult to work with. (my client who is a computer programmer complained about it) So we switched to Secure File Pro for a portal.

Response from eFileCabinet

We're happy to hear that you have enjoyed the security features of our system and that it's helped to provide protection for your clients. We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing support for your business. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Colleen M.

Keep it simple and convenient

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

We are a CPA firm, concentrating on tax preparation, consulting and planning. With eFC, there is no more
time consuming hunting for the right folder, no more cumbersome paper files to manage and store. We converted several years ago and have never looked back with nostalgia to the old days! Now we can wow our clients with easy, quick access to their information and that impresses them and makes our days happier and less stressful.

Pros

eFileCabinet has made our lives so much easier and our client service much more efficient. Any staff member can look up a client's info. When a client stops by with an additional document or sends something to us by email, it is a quick and simple process to file the new doc.

Cons

Much as we love the simplicity and ease of using eFileCabinet, it sometimes feels as if the programming is not quite keeping up. Files will lock up occasionally. There has always been a simple work-around to any of the little annoying problems that arise but who wants problems ever?

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are excited to hear that eFileCabinet has helped make your lives easier and your client service more efficient. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your business in the future with some new updates that will improve the user and client experience even more.

Nicholas C.

2018 feedback

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

We experienced a lag time with the end of the tax filing season. Would have been better with more bandwidth to help us in the field.

Pros

The easiness of the usability and the relationship of RightSignature.

Cons

1) I do not like the easiness of the delete function, without securing the delete key
2) I want the ability to upload folders into the client accounts
3) I would like an easy function to resend an expired link to a client. Often times, when clients are purchasing or refinancing their homes, they need the tax return from a year prior.
4) I would like the ability to send a link to an isolated item in the efilecabinet ( i.e. a specific W2 or a certain receipt that the client requests. ). I would like the option to right-click and send a link for the specific item
5) I would like the ability to upload electronic folders into a client name in efilecabinet.

Response from eFileCabinet

It's great to hear you enjoy the usability feature and the way our software integrates with RightSignature. We are excited for some new updates launching shortly that will help improve some of this concerns you have mentioned and that will provide an even better user experience. If you have any questions or ever need additional support, our success team is here to help you via chat, phone, or email. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

Julie F.

Efile, can't live without it.

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Time saver, no more running around to locate files. Can send documents password secured by email. You can design how you want to setup and use efile with customization of templates, user and file retention. Customer service is great, love that on our desktop version help link takes me directly to the website. I can then lookup my question with answer to resolve or chat with a rep. in a timely manner.

Pros

Ease of use and security features to allow secured access to offsite users. Customer can send Financial information, Examiners can review documents cutting down on onsite visits. Option to scan in Black/White, Gray-scale or Color help with photos in our Appraisal. No need to retain hard copy file. We can print our Credit Reports and Business Searches directly to efile. Saving in both process and cost by skipping the need to print then scanning. PDF received we can move and drop directly to efile.

Cons

Haven't experienced any cons and we've used this for years now.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. It's great to hear that you love the ease-of-use our features provide and that you haven't experienced any cons. We love to support your business and are excited to continue to provide support for your success.

David B.

Stable and speedy application that keeps us organized

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

The overall experience with eFileCabinet has been positive. It's been a fantastic way to continue our move into the paperless world.

Pros

Stable and secure; speedy searches; super easy to add new contacts; we love the auto-create folder structure; great retention settings; The ability to quickly add new folders to existing contacts; Prompt and very helpful support team

Cons

We don't like that we can't attach a document from within our email application. The document attachment process must start from with eFileCabinet. Not that this is difficult fortunately. Also, when emailing a document from eFileCabinet, the application prompts you each and every time to encrypt the attachment. No way to turn this off. Finally, eFileCabinet doesn't play nicely with older versions of Fujitsu's ScanSnap software.

Response from eFileCabinet

It is great to hear that you love how speedy and easy to use the eFileCabinet software is! We love to support our customers in running their businesses more efficiently. We are also excited about some upcoming features that will improve the user experience even more and will allow for some custom settings that will address some of the issues you mentioned. We will have your account manager contact you to discuss these solutions further. Thanks for leaving us this review!

Walter S.

w. shaw

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

It provides an excellent backup and allows me to reduce the use of paper .I scan W-2s, 1099's, escrow papers and worksheets into it. It allows easy access to these items for emailing to my clients and, in case of audit, I have the worksheets to go by.

Cons

Whereas it backs up to the cloud, it doesn't back up everything every time. I called for support on this and they had no answer. The other item that I find difficult is emailing direct from the software. It won't use any of my email addresses and you can't email more than one file at a time.

Response from eFileCabinet

It is great to hear how eFIleCabient is able to support your business with excellent backup and by reducing your need for paper. We are excited about some new updates being released shortly that will improve the user experience even more, and will hopefully help the issue with backing up to the cloud that you have experienced. Someone from our support team will also be in contact with you to discuss this further so we can ensure eFileCabinet is working the best that it can to support your business. Thanks for leaving us this review!

What I Like and Don't Like About eFile Cabinet

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

EFile Cabinet saves us from having to keep hard copies of our clients files and this, in turn, saves us from having to buy filing cabinets and finding room for them. Files are easy to access.

Pros

It is super easy to scan and file documents with eFile Cabinet. Filing directly from the computer to eFile is a great way to save on paper. Restoring deleted files is a very simple process.

Cons

There are glitches with the Indexing Service not running. It used to be that a message would appear on screen letting me know that the service has stopped which would then necessitate a call to eFile Cabinet. I finally had them walk me through what needed to be done to correct the problem and I now correct it myself. The eFile tech people are all wonderful to work with - they are patient and always fix the problem.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review with your feedback. It is great to hear that our support team is good to work with and that they've been able to help you with technical issues. We look forward to providing continued support for your business.

Kim H.

Getting Better

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Very reliable, easy to maintain, super easy to retrieve documents.

Pros

I love the simplicity for others to use the software via Secure Drawer. Once you've figured out a few kinks, which are very few now, it is very simple to use. It is always available, never down so very reliable.

Cons

Customer Service is online only which is very frustrating when you'd like to speak to explain the issue. It is very hard to initially learn how to maneuver the system and integrate Secure Drawer.

Response from eFileCabinet

It's great to hear that you love the simplicity for using our software through Secure Drawer. We are excited to tell you about our Premium Support, which is available 24 hours per day, Monday through Saturday. We also have an available support team available via chat, phone, and email to assist you as quickly as possible. Your customer success manager has reached out and spoken with Heidi about this, and would love to speak with you if you have further questions. We help this provides a solution for your support needs and we look forward to providing continued support to you and for the success of your business.

Bonnie A.

eFileCabinet Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

We are happy with it but it has been frustrating. But for the price its a very good option.

Pros

I like the search option. You can search for a client by first name or last. Customer service is incredible. They really know their product.

Cons

We have issues with permissions. We store a file and you can't see it listed. This is getting better. Templates are a little bit complicated to do especially since you have to apply to drawers individually. We also didn't know there could be an issues with too many clients in a drawer. We had to set up more drawers to spread them out.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback in this review. It's great to hear that you enjoy the search functionality. Your customer success manager is available to assist with any further issues you may have with templates, and we hope to be able to provide a smoother process for your users going forward. We're excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing to support the success of your business.

Ira K.

efc review

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

run a very good operation over there.

Pros

First off the customer service is phenomenal!...Enthusiastic employees who have a comprehensive knowledge of their software. The software is very good as well. If you don't use a document manager, this software will lower your blood pressure 10 points and let you take a 2 week vacation that you couldn't take before.

Cons

the older version let you see everything date sorted, now the newer version not have that....also when you upload to the newer version the prior dates that created pdf are obliterated...that's bad!!......also older version used to have a store again feature..........would get big points if you incorporated a to do list into the program.....dm of intuit does that.

Response from eFileCabinet

It's great to hear that our software lowers your blood pressure and allows you to take vacations! We strive to provide great service and value to our customers and love to support their success as individuals and as a business. Thanks for leaving this great review.

Kathy U.

The Good & the Bad

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

We now have all our customer records converted to efilecabinet so we're kind of married. The good news is that anytime I need a customer record when I'm taking a dog to the vet, I can quickly log on from anywhere and get that record. The bad news is that it took us a year to get to this point. Customer service is very lacking. In order to get answers, I have to make an appointment with a tech rep. Unfortunately, in my business, I do not have the luxury of setting an appointment and being able to be available for a call at a specific time. There are still issues to be ironed out, but I simply need my questions answered when I call, not in an appointment 2 days later.

Pros

Ease of use once I figured it out.

Cons

I'm still figuring out what I can and can't do. It didn't help that apparently, I was in no man's land for most of the year. We thought we were purchasing a cloud-based product (we don't have the storage capacity), but found out quite by accident when talking to a tech rep and got our subscription changed to "online". However, in renewing negotiations, I found that we were still being billed and supported as a desktop product.

6.0/10
Brandon B.

Efile Cabinet

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Efile is a 1,2,3, step in system organizing. If you are trying to convert from paperless.. efile has some challenges. There are not many editing so if you want to change the direction of the organization you can not easily do that using this software. So far with the storage space it is working great! It would also be nice to have a button where you and individually select pages in the file to scan.

Pros

E-file is used on the daily. 1,2,3 steps. Easy-ish to use. Clear instructions and great customer help with employees that are friendly and knowledgeable when a problem occurs. The software is very black and white and you are able to Create a more advanced.

Cons

Creating a more advanced and complex filing system when scanning multiple files is more on the challenging side to correct. If you mess up and want to delete a mistake it is near impossible. I look at efile as more as the finale draft for a project and there are not many editing options to play around with. It would also be nice to have a button where you and individually select pages in the file to scan.

Response from eFileCabinet

We're happy to hear that you find eFileCabinet as easy as 1,2,3 to use! We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing support for your business. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!