MemberPlanet

Online membership management platform

Joy B.

Too complicated and not intuitive. Bells and whistles attractive IF you can get to them.

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Overall, I had high hopes and possibly within the next 6 months (I've been using inside of 2 months) it will improve. Right now I am very disappointed in the lack of ease, efficiency, and ability to get tech support instantaneously.

Pros

The possibilities for mass communication, web functionality, and e-commerce all in one location as well as a CRM feature for members.

Cons

There are just too many steps involved in the majority of functions I wish to do. Simply adding a member requires multiple steps to provide all contact information. Multiple sections must be clicked into and out-of to record basic profile information.

I have to go to 3 different sections of the navigation menu to enter a new member, record that member's status, print out their member ID card, and then record a payment. My last platform had everything in one screen and made data entry/recording of a contact take less than a minute. With this platform it takes me up to 4 times as long between all of the different tabs I have to get to. It is not intuitive and confusing for any database admin or data entry person. In order to change anything recorded in error, it takes an act of congress to get it changed and the real-time update is not real-time. Reporting features can be delayed making accounting reconciliation a nightmare.

Also, this database does not let you include someone without an email. Many of our members share an email with their spouse and do not want to include separate ones. Then the system does not let us enter them. The +name solution prior to the "@" symbol works for some email providers but not all and therefore we are left with a few members unaccounted for in our online portal.

The Creating a Packet Function seems good as well but again has such cumbersome features it is useless because I don't have hours and hours to research it, watch the tutorials.

Response from memberplanet

Hi Joy, we're so sorry to hear you have not had a great experience. Since your organization has a custom workflow, please reach out to our support team by phone at 888-298-8845 for immediate assistance. We can easily help resolve issues for anything recorded in error, and we can absolutely walk through features that you and your admins feel require additional assistance and find a way to expedite. We can also help you navigate to the platform's real-time reports. We understand how difficult it can be to transition from a different platform, and we can assure you, we're here to help!

Your comments are very helpful and we will pass them along to our development team to make the experience more intuitive. Many of the features you mentioned will be updated in the near future.

Diane F.
  • Industry: Accounting

I have used Memberplant for numerous campaigns and events with Awesome Success and Results!!

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

The major benefits for me and the organization that I work with is that Memberplanet allows us to reach out to people quickly and securely. It also allows us to manage donations and other campaigns from any where and give our contributors the capability to donate from the privacy of their homes.

Pros

What I like best is the ease of use of the Memberplanet application. Memberplanet is extremely user friendly. Customer service is friendly, helpful, fast and responsive. The reporting features are excellent which makes the reconciliation process so much easier from a accounting prospective.

George H.
  • Industry: Sports

User review of Member Planet

Reviewed on 2017/03/15

I am still in the learning curve regarding the application itself but have to give glowing remarks for the support I have received throughout the setup. Each member of the Member Planet team has been responsive, proactive and sensitive to our timelines. MP and its team are a great value for the money and a far greater value than others I have worked with who charged a great deal more and were difficult to work with.

Pros

For the small to mid-sized association, Member Planet is very affordable, has great basic functionality, and the sales and support teams are stellar to work with.

Cons

It would be great of one could search on various answers in the customized fields new members must fill out when they register. My understanding is that this will become available in 2017.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Membership at your Fingertips

Reviewed on 2019/02/02

Made the transition from pen and paper to memberplanet, and it has never been easier for me to run our club. Incredibly impressed with the features, and will surely be recommending to others.

Pros

Seriously the only tool I'll ever need to help run our investment club. I have access to all members, the ability collect fees, send emails/notifications about our meetings, and process applications all from the same place. Never knew such a software existed, but very happy.

Cons

Can be a little overly complicated for some users to start, especially if they lack technology skills. Would love a mobile experience that was more immersive.

Kim M.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Zealous Exceptional Terrific Awesome

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

It is a great technical tool that reaches all areas of knowledge. The customer care team were a huge help and they reach out to individuals. It has versatility of use.

Cons

I would enjoy a way to create more information into the forms without them being long. When creating a form that requires input for a group it would be a great feature to have spaces to input the data at one time. Also when you retrieve data it would be great to have an option to format your report

Adam D.

Fantasy Football- The Money League

Reviewed on 2015/04/07

I have been Commissioner of The Money League( Fantasy Football League) for the past four NFL Seasons. It is a highly competitive league that generates lots of dollars and regular pay outs. The first two seasons were chaotic featuring many arguments, missed payments and feelings hurt. For a second, I didn't believe that our league would last and then a friend told me about MemberPlanet. I did some research, read some reviews and instantly signed up. The first season could not have gone smoother, actually generating more league revenue due to the increased trust with cash handling. Believe it or not, It's easier, mentally at least to send your money to an account as opposed to a designated cash handler (usually a member of the league that nobody trust) even if you are paying a slight tax. The second season triumphed the first tenfold with the league almost doubling the previous years revenue. Its easy for me to say that while providing world class customer service to my co-members and I, MemberPlanet has secured, simplified, satisfied and stabilized The Money League for seasons to come.

Cheri A.

Everything we need!

Reviewed on 2015/04/02

Kudos to your developers for designing a product that is all-in-one. I am involved with a small non-profit with a small but growing membership. We've reached the stage where we need to be a lot more in touch with our membership. Being able to send emails, email blasts, newsletters, have distribution lists etc. all in one place that is SO easy to use - slight learning curve- is fantastic. We can link to our website, connect with Facebook, Twitter, etc. and take membership payments online and have them connect to our account.
Any questions that were not answered in the support database were answered by phone by Patrick who was fantastic. [ Thank you Patrick!]
For those of us who have worked with contact management systems this is very easy and for those who haven't it's a very easy way to get started.
This is a very affordable product for small groups that want to be able to do big things to grow their membership.

Andrew L.

MemberPlanet is awesome!

Reviewed on 2015/03/05

I was referred to MemberPlanet by a friend who used MemberPlanet for their non profit and PTA organizations. I needed an online portal that would allow to create emails, surveys and shoot out payment forms all under one platform. I do not know how I survived without MemberPlanet before, but I am glad that I use it now!

I use MemberPlanet to collect my league dues. The process is quick and simple. All I had to do is log in and create a quick payment form and send out to everyone who had to pay.

I was also able to interact with MemberPlanet on a customer service side as well. I had a quick question about my account, I emailed them and they shot me a reply back quick. I actually did call one time as well and spoke to a very kind lady who helped me with all of my questions I had.

I would def refer MemberPlanet to anyone! 5 star service all around!!!

Chrischeryl M.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

It has transformed our organization

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

The ease of use, tracking of members and financial tools have changed how we operate. The financial tool has made our banking much easier.

Cons

If there was anything I would improve would be the mobile features. I would like to do more as an admin from my device.

Disha W.

It's easy to access

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

I like that you have multiple options to make payments and how the site is organized. It's pretty easy to read.

Cons

How to upload events to it. I am wanting to add events to my sorority calendar but it's difficult to upload.

Eve L.

Do not use MemberPlanet

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

I have been trying to bring an existing group online and have run into one problem after the next. It was almost impossible to predict these issues when assessing our vendor options. Bottom line: I will have to find another program, or build one of my own.

Pros

Not much. MP does gives you the option of adding custom fields, which works well for our needs; however, you are not able to hide default fields, which causes confusion and poorly filled out records.

Cons

Poor execution of software features. I keep running into road blocks. Examples of what you can not do: merge records, hide unused fields from the end user, very poor email formatting controls, use a different send and reply to email address. They give you a "delete" record option that does not actually delete the record.

Ryan F.

MP ... Just amazing..highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2015/02/27

I found MemberPlanet to be very user friendly, efficient, creative and I love sending broadcast from the app. But what is even more important, MemberPlanet has made it easy to set up our alumni tailgate and golf events while providing tools to access information from our brothers so we could have correct cell phone numbers, updated member information, and critical hotel registration information. A person could go to MemberPlanet knowing absolutely nothing about running an alumni organization, databases, membership or event registration and finish with a victory. MemberPlanet is helping us with everything and highly recommend to everyone!

Ryan
Delta Sigma Phi
Cal PA '95

Yolanda S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Education Tool

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

I am a teacher and a Student Council Chair. The Memberplanet site has made organizing this years Council easy and allows me more freedom from after school meetings. Being able to access technology intrigues my kids and makes them readily available for impromptu online meetings by sharing information.

Pros

Ease of integration of records.

Alexa D.

Greg Beilstein is great!

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

Even though we have yet to get our MP database completely up and running, Customer representative has been an amazing person to work with! He has taken the time to think outside of the box and help us mold MP into what we need it to be! He has made this lengthy process as easy as possible for us and is always willing to schedule a call to answer questions or walk us through something we don't understand. Truly a gem in customer service! Thank you!

Pros

Ability to add multiple layers for banking, donations, states, national, etc. Plus, profiles for all members and forums.

Cons

We cannot remove maiden name and under gender we can only list male, female and other. Gender is man or woman, SEX is female or male! This is important!

Bruce W.

Association Website Development

Reviewed on 2017/01/03

We really like the interaction of the platform and that we can run our new association from member planet as the hub for data, information, functionality, events, dues, collection, emails, broadcasting, and polling! We particularly like the support we have received in development!

Pros

The interaction of all information crossing over and maintained in a cross reference fashion,
It removes the hands-on nature of the collection, maintaining the database and many other critical features of running an efficient association.

Jeff P.

Amazing Member Management Portal

Reviewed on 2015/03/30

Member Planet brought our organization out of the dark ages of excel spreadsheets, e-mail lists and hounding members to register/pay for events. Now we are wondering why we didn't make the move sooner! We looked at several other services and were shocked to find out how much more MP offers at the same price or less than their competitors. This has saved us (Board Members and Staff) countless hours of mind numbing work. More importantly, it has allowed us to increase the effectiveness of our member communication and collection of payments.

Ryan M.

Helped a lot with communicating

Reviewed on 2015/04/10

I am the founder of a new sales RSO at the University of Illinois and wanted to easily communicate with my members. We have weekly meetings, guest speaker appearances, presentations, and social gatherings. In order to stay in touch and update my club with event reminders and such, I needed a system that allowed me to send emails, and texts. I was astounded to see that Member Planet was able to do both (at the same time) I would definitely recommend this platform to anyone that needs an easy communication fix for their group.

Matt H.

Just short of Amazing!

Reviewed on 2016/05/20

To any of you in the Non Profit that is still using spreadsheets, and snail mail, get a grip and move to the Cloud!
Having been involved in non profit organisation management for over 20 years, MemberPlanet brings a stunning array of tools to the table, such that you would wonder how the hell you managed the organisation before.
As far as support goes, nothing short of exemplary, Patrick is awesome! Got a prob, if he can sort it, it's done!
MemberPlanet will seriously blow you away! 5*****

Mike C.

A winning proposition on all levels of our Fraternity

Reviewed on 2015/04/09

MemberPlanet's unique partnership with Sigma Chi is a winning proposition for all levels of our Fraternity. It provides the ability for members to associate with any chapters or alumni chapters they're interested in, chapters the ability to manage their membership, and all levels to be digitally involved with Sigma Chi on the international level. The integration of the digital membership experience is exceptional and I encourage all Sigma Chis and our chapters to be a part of the MemberPlanet.

Barbara C.

Awesome and outstanding

Reviewed on 2015/04/07

MemberPlanet allows our chapters to pay assessments online, which provides a better accounting system for the financial secretary. In addition, it allows members of the finance team to be able to pull their information as needed and to submit a report in a timely manner.

I have found the staff (in particular Patrick Terrian) to be extremely helpful, when there are times they could have pointed me to help forum.

We are grateful and thankful for Memberplanet.

Bibliana B.

Zeta Phi Beta Thanks Memberplanet

Reviewed on 2015/04/01

Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. used Memberplanet to manage our Finer Women Don't Haze Tshirt Campaign. The excellent customer service our group received as we were setting up our website was unmatched and three years later MP is still in a relationship with Z Phi B! Our independent website and the personalized features we included helped to make our project one of a kind and a major success! Thank you MP for being "second to none."

Ernie H.

Great product, outstanding customer service.

Reviewed on 2015/04/02

The platform has allowed our collegiate chapters to engage in online fundraising with minimal set up. The MP staff is world class in that they consistently provide prompt and personalized service to all of their various clients. They need to work to improve their reporting and funds transfer processes. With that said I would recommend Member Plant to any organization interested in creating an online fundraising presence.

Cathie C.

Initial Response Has been Great!

Reviewed on 2015/08/02

We have just started using MemberPlanet and have yet to roll it out completely, but I was able to set up everything in one evening! When comparing it to other sites, it was not completely evident what protection there was for capturing sensitive data. My questions regarding this were answered swiftly and completely. We can't wait to take this whole thing live to start our Fall campaign. MemberPlanet, Thank you!

Eric T.

A very happy customer

Reviewed on 2016/01/06

I chose MemberPlanet first because of the ability to run a donation campaign and tie that in to a membership based operation. I had no idea of the level of customer service that would come with my Pro subscription. I have had all my questions answered in a timely manner and the support staff has helped me make changes to the sight that make it clearer and easier for the consumer to navigate. Overall an A+.

Keandra J.

This is great software.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

Easy to use and helps with organization. I can track payments and send information out to our chapter members.