memberplanet Reviews

memberplanet

Online membership management platform

4.7/5 (254 reviews)
Lisa R.

Member Planet is an excellent and customizable Content Management System.

Reviewed on 2018/04/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

MemberPlanet works for my organization because it keeps members information updated. It keeps the members informed about scheduled events. I can create groups that communicate with each other. It has options for email campaigns, discussions, a mobile app, photo albums, document storage and the ability to take payments. There's not much else that you would need. And again, the FREE option is big plus.

Pros

1. Two words – FREE option. My organization would like to keep its very hard-earned money to help our community. So, using a vendor with a free option is a HUGE plus for us. It also is good for organizations new to CMS because we can determine how much we actually use it.
2. The site is web based and user friendly – nothing to download. There are video tutorials, a support library with step by step instructions and phone coaching available. They have a Getting Started tutorial and all actions are walk throughs with descriptions. There are reps on standby to chat, or talk over the phone. I am truly blown away by all of the things I can do and customize with MemberPlanet. As I said, we aren’t a large organization and we definitely cant afford some of the other more expensive CMS’ available. But MemberPlanet understands what I want for the type of organization I have and they allow me to customize it. The site is also scalable for future growth and usage. I highly recommend them.

Cons

The only thing I wasn’t too keen on is that there are a couple of outside vendor connections such as Box and PayPal that are integrated into the site. It all works ok though. Box and PayPal are a little odd as its dashboard is merged into your site. You can get MemberPlanet to handle taking your payments instead of using PayPal, but they keep a small percentage. Other than that, I don’t have any issues or complaints.

Gregg B.

Complete member management with room to grow

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Memberplanet enabled our nonprofit to go from having completely manual member management to automated member management overnight. Regardless of the complexities our member structure, no other member solution has come close to helping to keep up-to-date with our membership as has Memberplanet.

Pros

Memberplanet enabled me to quickly turn the spreadsheet member list I inherited into a complete member management system for my nonprofit organization. We went from doing renewals and information updates manually - read "via snail mail" or at best an email update - to automated renewals and updates. We've paid the minimal fee to use extra features for our small organization and there is yet more to unlock in the future as we grow. As an added bonus, the event management and integrated mailings helped us manage our convention registration and communications.

Cons

While the software works as intended, I've had some difficulty in configuring the system to fit our membership structure which is primarily based on an organization and not an individual, as Memberplanet is programmed for. The ideal structure of us would be to have an organization with multiple contacts associated with the organization, including a "primary contact." I've created a workaround, but the built-in reporting doesn't account for this so custom reports are required for several processes I regularly use. Still, for the price and functionality, Memberplanet is very good.

Greg S.

Amazing customer service and follow through

Reviewed on 2016/06/15

I am setting up a Premium Membership Club for The Sacramento Bee. Yes, I am tech savvy, but I don't want to make the running of the web platform for the club my life's work. That being said, I still need flexibility and a robust set of tools for transactions, communications and promotions. MemberPlanet is all that, and more!

Pros

Flexible, robust with every tool imaginable for the proper care of feeding of a membership club. Not only will it process payments, but has easy-to-use retention/reminder features to alert users when there membership is expiring. MemberPlanet supports video, photo, email, message boards and upcoming events. The standout was the customer support. Until you start to feel the work flow, some of the initial setup can be intimidating. No problem, phone support with an actual human is just a call away. Likewise with chat support.

Don't worry: friendly, knowledgeable people are there to help!

Cons

As mentioned, the options and depth of the program can be a little overwhelming at first. The back end is fast and responsive, but the initial challenge of navigating to the correct screen was at first, a bit confusing. As mention above, tech support was there to save the day and within a couple of hours, I was marveling at my mastery of the MemberPlanet configuration screens.

Cousar B.

My experience with Memberplanet has been extremely professional and productive.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

What I like most about memberplanet is the templates that available to use when creating a form. The customer service is also a pro when it comes to using memberplanet. The reps return calls in a timely manner, assist you when you are unable to figure out what the problem is.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that the app does not appear user friendly with my phone. I would like to be able to access my account by using the app. At this point, when I access the software using the app, I am not able to modify forms, etc. I would like to see this change.

Diane F.

I have used Memberplant for numerous campaigns and events with Awesome Success and Results!!

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

The major benefits for me and the organization that I work with is that Memberplanet allows us to reach out to people quickly and securely. It also allows us to manage donations and other campaigns from any where and give our contributors the capability to donate from the privacy of their homes.

Pros

What I like best is the ease of use of the Memberplanet application. Memberplanet is extremely user friendly. Customer service is friendly, helpful, fast and responsive. The reporting features are excellent which makes the reconciliation process so much easier from a accounting prospective.

Owen M.

BCGC Review

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

My club, Buffalo Creek Gun Club, in Colorado, has been using Member Planet going on two years now. The absolute best thing that Member Planet has going for itself is Customer/Technical Support. I am not the world's computer genius but for the most part building documents within Member Planet is easily accomplished and can be done on your own. However, when you hit a snag, the support team is there for you -- always! I highly recommend the Member Planet product and their staff. You will not be disappointed!

Pros

Ease of use and support from the company.

Cons

Not ALL documents, such as question & answer, are available for copy & paste into another document.

Barbara C.

Outstanding

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

User friendly; priced is reasonable; templates; broadcasts; email campaigns; events; campaign templates, etc. There are too many pros to list.

Cons

Mobile app - to be able to access account from mobile phone where you can make changes to forms, etc. Right now, it does not appear the mobile app allows users to make changes.

Jylla T.

MP is more than software, they are a valued partner!

Reviewed on 2018/03/18

Pros

It is easy to set up, flexible options, and easy for our users to get started. Use will continue to grow over time so the foundation is set for continued success.

Cons

Will continue to work to develop smooth summary reporting in our next phase. Looking at more long term projects.

Edward K.

Nichole is my champion.

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I'm one of the guys you hear about that has to ask his grandchildren to help him with his iPhone. Our rep, stepped in and took over. She understood exactly what I was asking for and made me a beautiful invitation to our function in January. I couldn't be more pleased.

Pros

I like being able to control e-mails and keep in contact with my members. I really like your support.

Cons

I don't like the fact that once an item is published there can be no corrections of any sort. If you catch a misspelled word or want to change anything, you have to start all over. "Publish" is too final. I wish there were a way to unpublish, make corrections and then republish.

Denisha H.

Easy to set up. Excellent customer srevice

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

connection with bank accounts, ease of set up, customer service representatives, automatic feedback to a client or member

Cons

the process in connecting with a new bank account, some aspects of the fundraising arm. A person does need a little IT knowledge

Michael S.

Does not have a 'simple' interface option for members/users

Reviewed on 2017/02/04

Memberplanet is intended to be a portal for individuals to manage their memberships into multiple organizations. That's a noble goal, but waaaay too complicated for a novice user or someone who just wants to join a single group and interact with the group leadership.

As far as I can tell a user has to be adept at navigating through a 3 level hierarchy (level1-member of memberplanet, level2-portal to all groups, level3-group member). There are some great capabilities at level1 that can't be brought into level3. Also, if you are a member of a single group it still forces you to traverse through level2, and that's not at all intuitive.

Customer support was great when I first signed up and the Admin interface is fine, full of features. I'd say the learning curve for the admin is very reasonable, even for a novice, but the learning curve for a member/user is way too hard and memberplanet lacks a 'simple' interface option.

Pros

Seems like a great piece of software for anyone administering a group membership.

Cons

This software is too complicated for a customer base whose mastery level of technology is 'can do email' and 'read-only internet browsing'.

Response from MemberPlanet

Hi Michael,

I¿m sorry you found memberplanet difficult to navigate. Our software has functionality for both admins AND members, so I can see how those lines can cross. We¿re looking to improve, so thanks for voicing your concerns.

We want to clarify a few things: There are no ¿hierarchies,¿ but members must create a login account for security purposes. You mentioned that as a member of one group, you must traverse through a portal to all groups. (Level 2.) That¿s not the case, though. He/she will only have access to that ONE group, even if they click on the group portal. We¿re working on making this more intuitive.

You mentioned that capabilities at level 1 can¿t be brought into level 3. If you¿re referring to admin capabilities, that¿s correct ¿ members can¿t access admin functionalities. However, you can assign as many admins as you like!

If there¿s anything else we can clarify, please email [email protected], or call us at 888-298-8845.

Sincerely,
Patrick

5.0/10
George H.

User review of Member Planet

Reviewed on 2017/03/15

I am still in the learning curve regarding the application itself but have to give glowing remarks for the support I have received throughout the setup. Each member of the Member Planet team has been responsive, proactive and sensitive to our timelines. MP and its team are a great value for the money and a far greater value than others I have worked with who charged a great deal more and were difficult to work with.

Pros

For the small to mid-sized association, Member Planet is very affordable, has great basic functionality, and the sales and support teams are stellar to work with.

Cons

It would be great of one could search on various answers in the customized fields new members must fill out when they register. My understanding is that this will become available in 2017.

Taylor V.

Chapter Communication Made Easy

Reviewed on 2015/04/01

Our chapter has been using all different types of communication including Facebook, yahoo groups, basic SMS text messaging, etc. Although these methods of communicating have worked in the past, I wanted to implement an easier more efficient way of sending out updates and messages to my chapter. I came across MemberPlanet, and saw they just released a new feature that allows members to send email/text at the same time from the web platform and from the mobile application. This feature alone sold me on MemberPlanet because it was the perfect solution to easily and effectively communicating with my chapter. If I need to send an urgent message to specific members, or my whole chapter, I can. Being a college student, I am always on the go and MemberPlanet's mobile integration has made my life easier by allowing me to send messages on the go. We have a spring event coming up which is successful year after year. I will definitely make sure our chapter uses MemberPlanet for our event set-up, as well as receiving donations. Overall, the new broadcast feature is more than effective and I haven't seen a platform that has anything comparable to the broadcast feature. MemberPlanet is definitely the way to go for any chapter looking for an easy/efficient way of communicating, managing, and organizing chapter activities.

Kim M.

Zealous Exceptional Terrific Awesome

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

It is a great technical tool that reaches all areas of knowledge. The customer care team were a huge help and they reach out to individuals. It has versatility of use.

Cons

I would enjoy a way to create more information into the forms without them being long. When creating a form that requires input for a group it would be a great feature to have spaces to input the data at one time. Also when you retrieve data it would be great to have an option to format your report

Nicole Y.

Best Customer Service... EVER!!!

Reviewed on 2015/12/04

I was tasked by my employer to build an alumni/fundraising site using Member Planet. I actually had never heard of it and was a little ambivalent about, not only the service, but the project as a whole because I already had a lot on my plate. The time frame I was given to complete this undertaking was truncated and there was a lot to learn. But, the Member Planet Team was amazing in every sense of the word. Not only did they assist me by thoroughly walking me through the functionality of services pertinent to our organization's goals, they made recommendations based on the experiences of current customers, AND they helped me plan the entire project start to finish. They are so kind, patient and thorough... I became an instant fan of Member Planet.

The wow factor increased exponentially with Christopher, Patrick and Greg, all staying in constant contact touching base with me through the process of building our site... and even went several steps further when I was unexpectedly hospitalized (so progress was not interrupted). These guys blew me away going above and beyond the scope of services defined in our plan (Pro). I cannot adequately put into words how awesome the experience has been working with them.

Michelle N.

Great solution!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Member Planet offers an exceptional platform to manage membership, events, surveys and all for a great price! - Not to mention the amazing customer support it offers.

Pros

Easy to use, all sorts of add-ons in one product, exceptional customer support, great price.

Cons

some of the features need tutorials (which just means its feature rich - and not necessarily a "con")

Valerie J.

Perfect for Management and Marketing of 80+ Clients

Reviewed on 2015/04/01

On a weekly, sometimes daily basis, we require some form of communications with our retail community here at the shopping center. MemberPlanet has made this process super easy and efficient to be able to do so and make sure that our communications are getting in the appropriate manager hands. It's user friendly platform allows customization so that retailer managers know when the memo is urgent and needs immediate attention or when we are simply sending out our quarterly newsletters and other promotional opportunities. It's also very helpful because retailers can respond to content easily and quickly, and those responses are all returned to management in one format and one place. From a marketing standpoint this is critical especially when managing 80+ retail accounts when retailers have marketing materials to report on a daily basis. From new developments to promotions, community updates to management memos this platform is perfect especially because I'm able to track who's opened the message to ensure and prove managers have receive the message. Easiest and best program I've used in my 10 years managing and marketing in the real estate/retail industry.

Trycennia D.

I love MemberPlanet it's a great tool.

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

That you can export your spreadsheets out of the system to excel, you can sort within the system, you can view payments by each form that you have created, you can sort by date range. there are so many pros I just can't list them all.

Cons

Company is unable to send you an auto-renewal email. This goes to the company not really a software issue.

La'kitha H.

I love MemberPlanet. It was extremely helpful when we planned our 40th Anniversary Celebration!

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

It is very user-friendly! I also love the communication piece as registration is completed, fees paid, etc.

Cons

It is a great software. However, there were a few members that had concern about convenience fees when making payments. It was explained to them that you can charge the group the fees or the customer. Some decided to just use the mail in option, but the majority used the software.

Deb A.

After 7 months... disappointed

Reviewed on 2018/01/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

After trying very, very hard to make this software work for our group, we are giving up.

Pros

Inexpensive. Able to use PayPal or memberplanet for processing payments. Have a pretty good templates to use for creating donation campaigns and emails. Was relatively easy to upload contact information. Easy to access chat support.

Cons

They do not have the ability to create distribution lists (segmented lists) of contacts/members from within the software. It requires exporting all your data, sorting in excel, then uploading again. Tech support is uneven; got different advice from different people, and they are not available on weekends, holidays, etc. Also, they are very stuck on their own custom fields. Many of our members found it difficult to navigate. Also, the email responses were not always customizable, which led to numerous misunderstandings when we would send out "invitations" to create or update profiles.

3.0/10
Jennifer H.

Best decision for a small organization

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

I run a small organization comprising between 100-200 members and I needed a cost effective membership platform that could provide turnkey administrative support. MemberPlanet provides everything we need and more. What I love the most, is the customer service. As soon as I subscribed, I immediately received a phone call and email from a MemberPlanet representative. They took the liberty to setup certain functions to help me promptly launch the site to my members. Their fast and helpful service has super exceeded my expectations.

Pros

Customer service and easy to use templates

Cons

Template customization - should be easier to customize

Adam D.

Fantasy Football- The Money League

Reviewed on 2015/04/07

I have been Commissioner of The Money League( Fantasy Football League) for the past four NFL Seasons. It is a highly competitive league that generates lots of dollars and regular pay outs. The first two seasons were chaotic featuring many arguments, missed payments and feelings hurt. For a second, I didn't believe that our league would last and then a friend told me about MemberPlanet. I did some research, read some reviews and instantly signed up. The first season could not have gone smoother, actually generating more league revenue due to the increased trust with cash handling. Believe it or not, It's easier, mentally at least to send your money to an account as opposed to a designated cash handler (usually a member of the league that nobody trust) even if you are paying a slight tax. The second season triumphed the first tenfold with the league almost doubling the previous years revenue. Its easy for me to say that while providing world class customer service to my co-members and I, MemberPlanet has secured, simplified, satisfied and stabilized The Money League for seasons to come.

Nick B.

love collecting donations on the go

Reviewed on 2015/04/01

I am currently the leader of a service group named Hockey for Health which consists of 10 individuals derived from my club hockey team. Our goal is to fundraise over $30,000 to travel to South America to aid the less fortunate. Throughout a 2 year period through fundraising events, reaching out to different communities, and sending mail/email campaigns. In order to reach our goal, we needed a platform that allows us to raise funds, set-up events, create event registration forms, and send newsletters. Memberplanet has all of the features we need and more. I can simply set up a donation campaign and share it with the world in less than 5 minutes. Also, MemberPlanet allows users to create supporter pages which gives others the ability to create their own donation page to assist us in raising funds. This is great because it allows us to effectively reach more people. Let's not forget that you can even collect donations on the go with the mobile app. MemberPlanet is the way to go if you are looking to maximize donations and outreach.

Dawn L.

Love MP

Reviewed on 2015/03/30

I have used Member Planet for several years and love it. As a back end user it is simple to set up the forms, customer service is easy to work with if you have questions and our parents love the ease on their end. We have gone virtually paperless now from a registration that just 4 years ago used about 20 pieces of paper per family.

Throughout the school year we have a variety of occasions that we are able to use the platform from carnival to RSVPs on events. All of it is simple to build and the parents agree that they prefer the ease of one click to returning paper forms.

Weekly we use the communication feature for our newsletter and our parents are up to date on what's happening at the school. Before Member Planet it was hit and miss; now we know exactly who gets our emails and who is opening them.

I highly recommend the transition for any school. It is a great investment in the short time it takes to get to know the platform and the cost of doing business is nominal compared to the return in parent participation.

Eleasha C.

It's a very user friendly site.

Very good reports

Pros

It has a lot of tools to be utilized and they are very helpful for administration purposes. The reports are valuable.

Cons

Some of the best features are at a cost. I would prefer to have them at a lower cost maybe as a flat rate to use everything.