GoToTraining

Online classroom and desktop sharing solution for trainers

Melissa H.

Consistent and Easy to Use, But It's Not Zoom

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Overall, the experience has been positive. While there are glitches they are few and far between.

Pros

GoToTraining is really easy to set up on the backend. The user interface is pretty self explanatory and it's easy to edit events and manage materials. We have a lot of instructors who use GTT from an Organizer's permissions and they have only said positive things about running trainings thru the platform; they all say it's consistent and rarely crashes.

Cons

GTT limits the number of webcams you can show, which is confusing to users when it is cut off after 6 max. There are also glitches with accessing the polls, which customer service has not fixed. The customer service is also poor. They are hard to reach via email and phone. I reached out back in the spring about glitches and they never followed up.

John C.

EASY to USE and deploy

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

The calendaring feature of this program is its best feature. It consistently schedules and reminds participants of their meetings and increases completion rates.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I do not like about this software. The only thing that is bothersome is when there is a delay between the computer-driven platform and the call-in line platform, which often makes it difficult to understand speakers, but that only happens rarely.

Brittany P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

easy,user friendly for training

Reviewed on 2020/03/08

I still have to use this product for my employees that get hired onto our company so far our employees like using it, It is simple fast pace to do training with and getting everyone in and trained the easy way!

Pros

I used this product almost daily before our hotel opened up. I used Go to training whenever I had a training session with the company I am working for. It seemed like I had a training course almost every day, I had a huge role at the hotel so, I had a lot training ahead of me. This software made it simple and easy for me to do my training. I would recommend to everyone.

Cons

nothing, it was helpful to me whenever I had to use it.

Easy to Use Webinar/Training Software

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

GoTo Training is a very easy to use conference/training software. There are many tools to keep the meeting interactive and engaging. The unlimited cloud storage of recording is also AMAZING!

Cons

The recent update and redesign of the website is AWFUL.

On the webinar side, the issues I most often come across is audio issues. People don't know how to connect, can't hear me or I can't hear them. Of any issue I have, 99.9% of them are audio related.

Minal J.

GoToTraining takes the classroom to virtual level with ease

Reviewed on 2015/12/16

I have been using GoToTraining for a little over a year and I love it! It's so easy to use and it's fun. There are so many features you can use to get the concepts and lessons across such as screen swaps, highlighter, pens, red dots, breakout rooms (for facilitating small group activity), timer, recording sessions, webcam, and more. It's even better than a classroom with less travel time, and resources involved. Everything is virtual! It's flexible in the sense that you can plugin to a training session through your mobile phone, tablet, pc, or laptop. This method of training is a big game changer. I feel that it may be an option that will be expanded in universities and other higher learning institutions. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Chrysteena B.

I'm an Online Trainer

Reviewed on 2016/10/07

I use GoToTraining for all my webinars and online courses. I'm very excited about some of the Labs features such as the breakout rooms and whiteboards. I'd love for Lab features to be consistently available across Mac/PC.

Response from GoToTraining

Hi Chrysteena,

Thanks for the review! We greatly appreciate your feedback! Please also feel free to let our CARE team know so they can pass to PRODUCT.. Here is our main CARE site: https://care.citrixonline.com/gototraining (scroll to bottom of the page for contact options)

All the Best,
The GoToTraining Team

Kim P.
  • Industry: Media Production

meetings online

Reviewed on 2015/04/13

meetings online

Pros

It offers a convenient and unintrusive way to stage meetings with people at diverse locations.

Cons

It requires a "modern" operating system that our company hasn't yet provided to us.

Ashley C.

Easy to use tool that helps bring together our employees across the country to get training

Reviewed on 2015/12/17

GoToTraining is simple and easy to use. If you have used any other Citrix products you will be able to use GoToTraining. The different features work well for training groups and the best part of this product is that it helps us bring together our employees across the country into 1 training session.

Peter H.

Online Office Hours

Reviewed on 2015/12/16

GoToTraining is how I can provide personal guidance to students, reviewing their work and sharing resources that add to a quality learning experience.

Michele L.

we use this for our online meetings

Reviewed on 2015/12/16

it is easy to create a meeting and share screens

Jake S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Fantastic remote training software application

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

It allows us to run trainings between multiple geographically distinct locations in an easy and efficient way. It also allows us to test for knowledge absorption and offer classes to other locations and departments through the use of it's class catalogue feature.

Pros

I love that this allows me to schedule out classes in advance. It also allows me to easily create and administer tests, share supporting documentation, and make sure people are paying attention. In this type of learning environment between remote offices it's essential that the performance of the application is spotless when it comes to audio and video and for the vast majority of trainings I've run GTT has been amazing.

Cons

I have 2 major complaints. 1st there is a bug in the software that has been there for over two years at this point that prevents me from using the quiz functionality as intended. Customer support took over 6 months to figure out this bug even though I suggested that it might be the problem on the first interaction. 2nd there is no way to mass export all of your classes to Google Calendar. I figured out a way to do a work around using apple calendar and then exporting that cal to google cal but it's a huge pain still.

Amy B.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

GoTo Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Pros

We really like all the opportunity that this software has - breakout rooms, library, scheduling.

Cons

It's not easy to learn. We have had to teach ourselves which is probably why we don't know how to use all the features correctly. That being said, we have had no contact with customer support other than them sending me a huge binder of materials to figure things out on my own.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good product when you know what you're doing

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

Pros

Has all I need to host a training or webinar, and gain insight into questions/attendees afterwards. It allows me to review questions that were asked and ensure that my attendees got what they came for.

Cons

Lots of features, before becoming familiar with it I sometimes don't know how to do what I need to. After using it for some time, I know exactly what I can do and how to do it.

Kyle T.
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Used Other for 2+ years

This one is damned near perfect

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Look, if you're needing to train people remotely, this product is for you. You can push documents, videos, and more on the fly through the software.

The stuff you can do, if you have the desire and the gumption, is pretty damned amazing.

Pros

- Sharing abilities (documents, videos, etc.)
- Easy to use familiar interface

Cons

- It's not cheap
- There are comparable products on the market that are cheaper

Shiniesh S.

Amazingg service

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Pros

I loves the ease pf going to my trainings while in school. It was very easy to install onto my device.

Cons

There was nothing i did not like about the software

Nick K.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Like Go to meeting but for teachers

Reviewed on 2020/05/09

I didn't solve any business solutions but did learn the product that was being presented to me.

Pros

I was an end user and not a back end user when using it. It seems really similar to GoToAssist which i do like.

Cons

I don't have any cons. This got the job done just like most of the remote sharing programs that are out there.

Ahmed M.

Great remote training software

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

GoToTraining is a complete remote training software, with a really easy to use interface, surveying features, screen sharing and recording

Cons

I have to remarks on GoToTraining:
- Pricing could be more convenient
- Having one application with features accessible according to plan is more convenient than many (GoToTraining, GoToWebinar, GoToMeeting...etc.)

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

GoToTraining

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

Pros

I used GoToTraining every day to train customer in our admin portal. Easy to create training and send invitations out to the client. A lot of features to use and to navigate between multiple users.

Cons

No cons on my end everything as been working great for me.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

Great Training Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

I've used this program for employee training in two prior employments. Both times, the software was bright and intuitive. I had no issues navigating through work and integration with other GoTo platforms like GoToMeeting is as seamless as it can get. My only issues were that during both training courses, I ran into issues connecting to the learning environment, resulting in a loading error and delay in meeting access.

Pros

- Simply and easy to use as a trainee.
- Supports seamless integration with other GoTo platforms

Cons

- Seems to be prone to bugs and loading issues.

Get Trained Up with GoToTraining!

Reviewed on 2019/12/30

This is a great software that helps you keep your employee base up to date and well-trained.

Pros

GoToTraining has amazing audio and video quality. Despite our limited internet capabilities in the office, we haven't experienced quality issues.

Cons

This software would be even better if you could integrated the scheduling and invites with other calendars such as Outlook or Google.

Nat T.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Go to training

Reviewed on 2015/04/14

Go to training

Pros

So reliable and convenient to use. Been using for a while, not once had a problem with. Docs love it

Cons

None really. Sometimes local connections not the best, but that is not their fault

Scott T.

Principal Review of GoToTraining

Reviewed on 2015/04/13

Principal Review of GoToTraining

Pros

Ease of use and familiarity. It is consistent with other products from Citrix, so we all know how to use it. I like the features related to reporting and the ability to leverage and scale this to bo

Cons

There isn't much in the way of cutting edge performance similar to other competitor tools. It is a bit archaic when compared to BrightShark and other tools like that.

Rachael B.

GoToTraining is easy to use

Reviewed on 2015/12/16

GoToTraining is easy to use and helpful for meetings, trainings, online testing/quizzing, reporting, and many other things. I never have any issues connecting or using this. It has been a great resource for our company training needs.

Deidre M.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Online class made easy

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

Use friendly. It uses all devices. You can connect it to Paytm

Cons

So far I haven’t had any problems. It gets the job done.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

An amazing way to get live training!

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

I highly recommend it for training sessions.

Pros

I have used Go To Training for a variety of training professional developments. The site is very user friendly and makes for an enriching experience for all involved.