Vagaro Reviews

Vagaro

Salon, spa, & fitness scheduling and business software

4.7/5 (1981 reviews)
Penny S.

Vagaro Fan

Reviewed on 2019/08/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have no complaints. Vagaro has done exactly what they claim to do and has proven to be very user friendly.

Pros

Cost affordable
All the features that are available
Clients love the reminders that they can get

Cons

I haven't found anything yet. Using the marketing tools can be challenging for a new comer, but for the most part I don't have anything to complain about.

Maria C.

I love this booking system!

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Pros

This booking system makes my business so much easier to run as a soloprenuer . It is so much more than just a booking system , it is my website and POS as well. I love how it sends out multiple reminders to clients (3) I believe . My clients love it as well for the ease of use and the reminders. I get compliments on this and how the website looks as well. I love that Vagaro listens to its clients requests and adds new features from time to time . There is also a chat feature for help and on the phone assistance as well. I love the fact that I can sell gift certificates, and cc cards as well . Today I got an email that now if we wish we can have clients pre pay for services. The customer service is just wonderful. I revcently changed the template on my website to something that reflects my business image now . I love how it is easy peasy to do so , without assistance. Many of my clients like the option to book online themselves. I love how to make reports for my accountant is easy as well . Another benefit is email marketing. If you want to know more sign up for the free trial .

Cons

I wish they had an answering service. Maybe one day . They do have a place where you can put a clients formula which is great . But if a client gets multiple services it would be nice if there were multiple type cards for them for , facials , lashes , hair , etc . I wish they also had online forms for clients to fill out and sign . But these are not really cons just potential features that haven't been created yet

Annie B.

So far the customer support has been great, and I love they have classes each Monday.

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

Pros

One vary cool thing about Vagaro is when you sign up as a single business owner or someone with a whole team, the encouraging words "You got this!" Made me smile. I knew this system would be a good fit if it could encourage me along the way to growing my business! What other company does that? The price seems vary reasonable and I love how my clients will get text reminders automatically after booking an appointment with me. Its so important these days as we can get so busy and forget an important appointment. Vagaro Pro seems to be vary user friendly and will be painless to train others to use. I have only been using Vagaro for a few weeks now for the free trial and I love the ease of navigation this program offers. I have used other computer systems and for the price I feel I will be getting quality for the investment. I have called tech support twice now and each time I have called with a question it seems as though the tech support team member was truly happy to help me. I also love how they offer classes weekly. This will be a great way to help me to continue to learn and train my staff. I have been in transition moving my business and location. The option to transfer all my client data from a spread sheet or my cell pone has been so helpful and a time saver. I feared I was going to have to enter each client one by one, but the import option made it so easy and only took a few minutes to do. I will be telling other business owners about this booking system. Its great!

Cons

One thing if find frustrating with most electronics is that the options change with different devices. The same is true with booking stytems. I was able to down load the Vagaro app for my cell phone, but not my desk top. It would be nice not to have to log on each time on my desk top, and just rather click an icon and my books open for me like it does on my cell phone. I would also like the open to test trial the Vagaro credit card services, but that is not included in the trial. One things I found challenging is customizing my service menu. Vagaro has so many services already input in the statement I have had to go through and delete many services I do not offer as well and filtering through the descriptions of each service I do want to keep. It would make it more simple to keep the service menu empty so the business owner can customize without having to delete and edit prices for services they want. Though, may be helpful to someone brand new to the industry. I also do not care for my clients to have access to online booking. I would rather be in charge when a guest needs a reservation so we give proper timing for each individual service. The only valuable thing for online booking would be for more guest control. I do not want to that up or maybe the idea is just too new for me. Also, you don't know is booking. Everything is so electronic these days. I would rather talk to a real person about my reservation then just book online, thinking costumer service communication.

Samantha F.

My salon has used this software since we opened almost 4 years ago, absolutely love it.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

The salon benefits tremendously from using this software. First being, salon operations. The overall smooth running of the salon. With the booking block scheduling, color coordinated services, customized services, and application/processing time being adjustable, it just makes the salon run so much smoother. The service providers never struggle with their time management thanks to vagaro. Each service booked in their book is booked appropriately by time, which makes a smooth transition from one client to the next. Also, when checking customers out, it is super easy. Being a booth rental salon, who still functions as a team and uses one system, one receptionist, one merchant, one credit card machine, it makes it easy. It breaks down each providers day, total services, total money taken, etc. So, when it's time to closeout, there are no mishaps, you know exactly what happened with each client, by name, by service, by provider. You can truly check anything you need to. Also, when clients move their appointments around, as clients always do, vagaro has it set up very smoothly. It's very easy to move a clients appointment from one day to the other. Also, having the business website attached to the actual software is a major bonus! A lot of new clients find us using vagaro. The new customers can see customer reviews, they can see our service menu and prices, our hours, everything they need to know, and they can book online right then and there! Our clients truly love booking online, without that feature, a lot of our clients would have a hard time booking appointments because their schedule changes from day to day. With this option, the night before they know they are going to be free for a service, they can open up their phone and book for the appointment they need with the service provider of their choice! Vagaro, with the few faults it may have, is hands down the BEST salon software you can get today! It's a one size fits all type of system that has worked while we were an hourly salon, then to a commission salon, and now a booth rental salon. Vagaro is so great that we REQUIRE all of our service providers to use this system! The providers that have been with us since the beginning wanted to stay with vagaro. The new providers were amazed by the system and were happy they made the switch! Anyone who has ever used this system would be a customer, no matter the size or type of salon you have! It's the best! Almost 4 years with vagaro, and many more to come!

Pros

The online booking feature is a MUST with our clients, they absolutely love it. Also, the fact that you can have your website attached, a beautiful website at that. The ease of entering in all of our services into the service menu, our prices, and individual time intervals per service and per provider. But, the BEST thing about vagaro, is the ease of paper work. We do our daily tally and weekly tally sheets, and vagaro makes that absolutely a breeze. I am part owner, salon manager, and reception and I do all of the employees paperwork and money handling, and vagaro is absolutely amazing and makes the process so much easier than other software I've used over the years. The transaction list, to be able to go through all checkouts for the day, to be able to refund, charges, cash, and checks all separated into categories. It's just amazing. The checkout through vagaro is nice as well, you can put in the tip amount, check, cash, or charge, without using their merchant services, which is a benefit because you have an actual layout of each customer, each transaction, whereas on the credit card machine, which is completely separate, you can only see customer, and how much paid, including tip. Since, we opened this salon, we have only had vagaro, and we will continue to only have vagaro. It's the best salon and spa software that is available. No matter the size of salon, or services offered. This system works for everyone. Also, the text message updates they send out when theyre down.

Cons

There are really only a few things that I like the least about Vagaro. One would be, the system issues, especially with the credit card processing. When we first opened we were using vagaro as our merchant as well for our credit cards, and we had nothing but issues. Even now, I get the texts whenever there is a software malfunction, and it seems most of the malfunction is with credit card processing. So, we ended up having to buy an actual credit card machine and go with a different merchant provider, and now all of that is resolved. The next thing I like the least is, you can't separate your business at all. We have both tanning and a hair/nail salon. So, our tanning hours are slightly different from our hair/nail hours, and there is no way on vagaro, or our website, to separate and add additional hours. The last thing I like the least, is that Vagaro really only allows you to add services, there's no where for us to list our prices for tanning on our website, unless we take a picture of the menu and post it in our pictures, which would be out of place.

Mary C.

Work Smarter, Not Harder!

Reviewed on 2016/11/14

My growing home-based nail business was using text message to book hundreds of clients. Switching to automated online booking was THE BEST BUSINESS DECISION I have ever made! It saves me from answering 600+ texts/week at all hours of the day/night so I can better focus my time and energy to providing a quality nail service. Automated booking removes the human errors of miscommunication and mistakes while providing each client ownership of their appointment, thus reducing no-shows. VAGARO online booking was a smooth transition and the App's simple user interface has made clients confident to book/rebook/cancel appointments any hour of the day. Clients can see all available appointments and compare against their schedule, as well as receive reminder emails that could include pertinent details, such as where to park or methods of accepted payment. I searched online and at beauty conventions for the perfect online booking system that could grow with my business needs, and VAGARO is the best value and service available on the market. It was a catalyst to my business development and the very definition of learning how to work smarter, not harder.

Pros

-so far, EVERYTHING!
-incredibly easy transition of hundreds of clients over the span of a month; the app is user friendly and self-explanatory
-clients of all ages and backgrounds have eagerly accepted the integration of automated booking
-easy to book off personal days without clients privy to days off
-easy to edit all aspects of the business (clients, hours of operation, services, etc)
-no major software bugs; my business operations have never been hampered by software glitches

Cons

After using this software for almost 1 year, I still haven't taken the time yet to explore the fullest capabilities of the software. However, I'm hoping it will be compatible with my Canadian Moneris account in respect to accounting and reporting through the client database and service totals, especially as I add staff to my growing business and move into a management role.
The Vagaro name took a while for clients to adapt to - we still don't know how to properly pronounce it!

Maria C.

Excellent Booking System !

Reviewed on 2016/08/31

I really love this booking system . I find it easy to use and reliable. I also love the chat feature. If I don't understand something or need help with something or just plain forgot how to do something Vagaro tech support is there to help. I first got it because I needed a website ASAP to look professional. I also needed a reliable booking system for myself and my clients. it has increased client retention and clients that did not like to book in advance no do so because they don't have to remember to call and then play phone tag until we get to talk. I am a sole proprietor. Even good people forget appointments , with the 3 reminders that clients get its hard to forget to come in. If they still do forget or no show you can check with Vagaro to see if the text actually went through. I had a client that said she never got the message. She seemed honest but I did not see how that could be possible. I checked with Vagaro and there was an issue with her phone service. I don't do this with everyone, but in this case she really did not get the message. I do love that wen a client confirms the appointment the color in the appointment book changes to orange . If not I call them up. I love how it keeps track of what I do and what the clients get. I also love that I can set rules for online booking. I have mine set to 48 hour advance booking notice and then I have to approve it. But its possible to have same day booking open as well or not at all. I can keep track of how I I take payment cash or credit or check. The gift certificates are wondeful too. You can have a little creativity with them. Now and then someone will call when I am closed for a gift. I can send them a gift certificate through email. You can also do email blasts. I think a text blast would be great too, although they don't offer this at the moment. .

Pros

The ease of use, and the fact that clients get repeat reminders. It has increased client retention. It also shows new clients that I am serious about the business. The website was so easy to set up.

Cons

It does not work with Square. I was using Square before I started with Vagaro. I love Square too. I think the ability to text blast would be great. I know it takes me days to read my own email. A text is read that day. I do wish I had more space on the website. I do offer more services than the average cosmetologist. I also wish there was an easier way to get products that I sell into Vagaro. I think this should be something that Booking systems and beauty companies work on together. it would be great if you could just dropa Dermalogica App into Vagaro. When prices change all products are updated. and so on . Any product line that a salon or spa could use should have something to just ad in easy peasy.

Michele lynn riedel R.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2018/12/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

With everything being said Vagaro is awesome. They have marketing emails and inexpensive adds. I am very happy despite having problems. Nothing is perfect and Vagaro customer support is very good. In addition they have training videos and webinars.

Pros

I love Vagaro it is user friendly and streamlines my entire business. My whole business life in one system. Clients love it because of ease of booking and appointment reminders which is great because of obvious reasons but it also is good if there was a miscommunication between myself and a client and we can correct it before a mistake in appointment time and day. It shows me so much data and allows me at a click of a button to see what is going on and see my results. I love it.

Cons

There have been once or twice where a client booked online and it did not show up. I've also had clients show up for an appointment they booked but because I was so busy I did not realize they were coming in. With that being said the Pro's out way a few hiccups. However I have been highly dissatisfied with there mag swipe it is finicky and sometimes doesn't work and I have to key enter a sale which costs more and wastes precious time. Then I bought the blue tooth chip reader but it won't stay connected. So customer service has been very helpful and I am waiting for a docking station for the chip reader which is supposed to keep it connected. I have high hopes for this device. However I wish they would have explained that there was a docking station and that the chip reader would need to be paired after 30 minutes.

Tynne H.

Customer Service Knows Me Well!

Reviewed on 2016/08/31

We've been using Vagaro since opening in Feb 2015 and we've seen many changes and updates and 99% of them have been fabulous. The development team is pretty receptive to new ideas and I see requests that we've made become a "new feature" many times so I know they are listening to the needs of their customer.
Customer Service Chat knows me well... even though I wonder if they do a quick game of "Rock...Paper....Scissors" when they see me pop up on chat they're always happy to answer a question and walk us through something. :)
The software itself is very user friendly and most of our clients say that the online booking features are fast and easy!
I have no doubt that Vagaro will get better as they grow more customers. I'm sure for the independent service provider the core needs are 100% met. As larger salons join Vagaro the features that bigger salon/spas need and want will be added.
Thanks Team Vagaro for a great booking/business software!
~Tyne & Team Zoi'A Spa & Salon

Pros

Easy to use for both Staff and Online Booking for Clients.
Staff loves the App to keep an eye on booking.
Marketing tools are a good business driver.
Business reports are getting better with every update.
Online tutorials are great for new staff learning system.
Online chat option is AWESOME!
Customer Service is A+

Cons

-Cancelation/ Waiting List needs to be better- it's currently not useable for the large number of requests we have for a cancelation list.
-We've had some retail snafu's but those are getting better as well.
-Marketing promos could use a "retail" option.
-Checkout could have some updated options like a "hold in cart" so if you have to interrupt a sale you don't lose everything you put in checkout screen.

Dianne R.

Great Features

Reviewed on 2019/03/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Excellent. Solving so many business problems.
-Booking and changes readily
-Selling packages and memberships online that allow clients to either pay monthly or pay in total and then have access to "#" of treatments.
-Mobile app: allowing clients to book and buy online
-Text info to owner whenever a client requests an appointment so that owner can ACCEPT,

Pros

The appointment Booking and billing is great. Calendar user interface as well as syncing to Google Calendar is great. Sign on and processing time for each transactions is REALLY FAST! (I used mindbody previously and it redraws the entire screen with each data entry). Being able to format the calendar a little is great.

Cons

The requirement to access transaction reports to refund or edit a client transaction is frustrating. I want to be able to go to a clients account and do anything for the client from that account, specifically see their visits, what they have been charged and be able with all of that information in front of me, refund, void, or partial refund.

No way to pay a therapist a tip without charging client a service first. Customer Service told me to create a product called tip and use that. But that means products which are used to calculate SALES TAX will be included in the same annual report as tips should ONLY be included as income and be part of the income tax calculation. Now I have to run revenue report for the year, AND separately product report. Then download into excel, parse out tips and add them to total revenue for state and federal income tax reporting.

Shared packages. The software looks as if it was designed for hairdressers or spas who do NOT allow clients to share packages. My company has an advantage over ALL OTHER MASSAGE. My packages do NOT expire and CAN BE SHARED!!. Husbands and wives get a package BECAUSE they can share it.

Calendar updates: would like to be able to drag and drop appointments vs open, edit and "book/save"

Checkout: Ability to charge a client for anything, TIP, service, package etc
Checkout for packages, after selecting package the software forces user to select package AGAIN from a second screen, then AGAIN from a third screen, 4th scre

Magnena J.

Over all the company has been great for my business. I recommend to any salon wishing to grow.

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Professional presence to new customers, a way to notify customers of appoints and huge variety of reports for taxes and clients review.

Pros

I like the inventory reports and most reports they offer to you to examine your business profile. I love the marketing features,

Cons

The one thing they have not changed is the ability to customize more than 1 processing time per section with a client assigned to the same stylist. They have the notification setup not for solo salons but for clients that have to see multiple specialist in one section. Im a solo salon I do everything myself. So I don't split the service by doing the relaxer color and sending the client to different stylist to roller set the hair and sit them under the dryer. So I hate there is no consideration for this kind of customer. I have to create two separate appointment which means the clients get two or 3 separate time notifications. So the client is confused. We note them as a no show not knowing they thought there was an error and show up later scheduled time for the roller set portion at 3:00 instead of 12:00 for the actual start of the service. I now use the personal time off option to avoid 2 notification. But if the client cancels their actual starting appointment online the blocked time I made to roller set the hair remain on the schedule because its really not Linked to the actual appointment. Im patient that if others are open about this same concern it will be changed.

Michael S.

LOVE IT" EFFICIENT, ESTICALLY PLEASING & EASY TO LEARN

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

IT's a God send, i tried a few others and just simply was a waste of time and money. The other stylists love it also, even the one who always says she's technology challenged , found it very easy to learn. & the customers who are using the APP or going to www.vagaro.com are singing its praises also, "so much easier to check their schedule & mine at the same time whenever its convenient for them & more efficient than calling the salon.

Pros

pricing is very fair for what you get. VaGARO packs a powerful punch in every aspect of running a business, as well for stylist or chair renters. ...Customer love the confirmation notices and as a result more customers are pre-booking(especially guys) who used to be notorious calling last second. & educational videos on how to use vagaro & customer service are both excellent. They are always making improvements. It is certainly paying for itself.

Cons

it could be my tablets,phone or me, but sometimes searching for a client can get a little tricky. for instance , if i search for a customer and start with a lowercase letter but originally inputted with a capital letter, their name sometimes wont show up on 1st search but always on the second, its minor issue and it could just be me or tablets. BUT It is the only glitch iv'e ever had with vagaro.

Cortney P.

VAGARO IS The Bomb Dot Com!!!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

over Elated with Vagaro since 2012! its like a fine wine, it simply gets better and better with TIME! Thank You Vagaro for All You Do!
Studio C Inc
Cortney P Patton& The Teamj

Pros

the viusal design for left brain people in the world! i love the reports are listed up and down!

Cons

I do NOT like the pop ups each time- but I get it! nor do we LIKE the screen going both left to right and top to bottom, It is hard if you are a visual learner! i also know that there is a more simple way to add inventory for both salon use * back bar and retail. I have never had one assistant enter the new inventory properly until this year! 10+ years - the back bar and inventory system should be more user-friendly!!!

Kanoya D.

As the owner for my Business Vagaro has a few things to improve of like being USER FRIENDLY.

Reviewed on 2017/07/23

The ease of clients scheduling their own appointments at their convenience. And the ability for them to see when I am available for the service they would like.

Pros

Being the owner Everything I need it for is there. I can cut down on no call no shows by having clients enter their CC info, and it bonus out by letting me be CASH FREE. I am able to do inventory and charge for services. *** I would love if there was a way for walk ins to just purchase product with out being on the actual schedule/calendar. I had to add an add on for product purchase then go in and add prices for the product and add it in to their service in order to charge. I fell like that's an extra step that don't need to happen. If someone come in off the street rather client or not I should have a option to just charge them for product instead of booking them then charging for the product. other than that I love the product and what it offers. I have not went into customizing my site just yet so I cant comment on that. just yet. I have IT experience so its easy for me but I'm noticing clients especially older ones have trouble locating functions like posting for reviews or booking services if there is only one service tech. not sure why but that's has been my feed back.

Cons

not easy for clients to leave a review.... Once they receive a Receipt. I feel they should get an option to leave a review after each service by the click of a button from their text and or email.

I have not found a option that allows me to count how many ACTIVE clients I have on my roster.

Yasmira T.

great

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

great

Pros

Vagaro has help me to get my business in order I love it

Cons

create email marketing, create a easy menu for my clients to do their own appointments on line

Ilisa D.

New Updated Look!

Reviewed on 2016/09/01

I like how when you are going to update your program you tell us in advance. This helps a lot!!! I like the new updated display it is more user friendly. Our customers love the email reminders!!! It feels as if we can stay in contact with our customers better even when we do schedule so far in advance too!

Pros

Easy to use.
Customers love the Text Messages and Email reminders.
Love the color coded options to find things better and to label things better.
The multi use of interchangeable of different business.
Always there in a chat form when I need help!

Cons

Have to go to 2 or 3 different areas to load up, which takes time, and then eventually see what I need.

Mike V.

Vagaro Simplifies your Business

Reviewed on 2019/02/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Vagaro is not just an online scheduling system. They have a complete POS system, that you can use for employee management, inventory management, website builder and support, gift cards, loyalty programs and I'm sure a lot more but, that's just for starters. Oh and they have a 30 day trial period. Try it, its free!

Pros

I like Vagaro because when I first started using the system it was easy transition. It was so much better then my previous system. It was very easy to migrate existing clients to Vagaro. My clients are the ones that really benefit from it and are able to listen to my voice mail instructions, directing them to the online booking. No more answering the phone and having a receptionist or myself book directly. It allows the client to book 24/7 and see all of my services and all the time slots that are available and that will work with their schedule as well. During business hours Vagaro has "live-insta-chat" and a person will help you with any questions you may have. They have phone support but, it's so much easier use the "live-insta-chat." Great customer service!

Cons

Overall I have no Cons. Everything seems to work very well for me. I love Vagaro! Also, if it's just you or a team they have very affordable monthly fees.

Fernando G.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It is easy to manage clients date base. It's easy to export clients​ information. Making marketing campaigns​ and overall I am please with the service.

Pros

I like a lot their customer service. Always ready to help out. It took me a while to get familiar with the app. But over time​ and after a lot of phone calls to their support team. I am enjoying more and more.

Cons

In the beginning, it was a bit confusing to use the software. I was coming from using Mind-Body software which from the very first time it was easy to use. Vagaro doesn't really make it so easy to use. It has great features. But it is complicated and confusing to use. On​ one occasion​ I made a mistake to charge a client a different package​. In order to change the package,​ I needed to refund my client her money and charge her again for the correct package. It seems like it was to much​ work, so I had to leave the ​package as is.

Ninamarie P.

Easiest app and software for running your own business

Reviewed on 2016/08/31

I stumbled upon vagaro when looking for an affordable software system for my small salon business. I was previously using a system that wasn't very mobile friendly and after doing some research this system/app was highly recommended. Very happy with its services.

Pros

This software is pretty simple to set up and use. It has a very mobile friendly app to help you do your work and scheduling on the go along with a "widget" for android users.

Cons

The only con I have found with this app is that, when using it to schedule chemical hair services with a follow-up service after (ie. color and cut) if you input a gap into the service settings it shows that you are unavailable during the processing time. If you don't, when scheduling multiple appointments for the next appointment it will put the haircut directly after the color which you then have to go in and physical edit. And then when doing that, you have to make sure to deactivate the "notify client" button so that the client doesn't get the editted info or else they get all confused.

Geiana F.

The software is good but sometimes it doesn't work as smoothly as I would like it to.

Reviewed on 2017/05/30

I have a data base now for all my clients with their appointments, what services they've received from us, their contact info and so on. something else i forgot to mention in the cons section is that, theirs no section to input clients different social media account names for us to keep on fill for our marketing team. that is also something that would make their job a bit easier.

Pros

Its easy to use and very self explanatory which makes it easier to train new employees on how to use the software. The reports are very useful for the marketing and management team.

Cons

Sometimes customers don't get the notifications for their appointment or to confirm their appointment.
Sending individual emails to clients from here is also difficult. I still haven't figured it out actually, it only lets you do email promotions and it doesn't let you pick what clients you want to send it to. Given that we have loyal clients and walk-ins we would like to be able to select who we send certain promotions to, whether its a special for all clients that have been coming to us since we opened, or flash sale that is only new clients. That would be a great feature specially for the marketing team, it would make it a lot easier given that all the customer emails are already on the account.

7.0/10
Constance O.

Best Business Move I Needed to Make

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

I have been with the same stylist monthly (if not more than once a month) for years. She was previously using a different on-line booking system which I was fine with using up until this last year. The system she had successfully been using started to have some major hiccups not only with a simple way for clients to book but additionally, they incorrectly were charging people despite all of the effort her clients made . Their incompetence in customer service, the difficulty, time and money it has cause not only myself and other clients but also our Stylist is incomprehensible. It is clear that the main functioned seemed to be consumption of others time and money.

She recently switched over to Vagaro.
HALLELUJAH, ahmen.

Vagaro has completely transformed the users experience for booking online. I am again a believer that you CAN do most things on the internet, like utilizing a globally used system. I have watched the multi-facueted difficulties a business goes through when dealing with and/or represented by seemingly vengeful and obviously obsolete systems; specifically an online booking system.

Vagaro has amped her business back up (as far as I can see/hear) and the interface from a clients perspective is a breeze!! No questions, but if you have them they respond. I tested it out a bit just to make sure my appointment and credit card wouldn't get screwed with (she also confirmed neither had occurred). Vagaro or bust!!

Pros

It's ease and accessible interface for users

Cons

Not easily prompted to review or share via social media (thumbtacks are great but usually it resorts to a link that takes for ever- thoughts?) ALSO, if social media reviewing/sharing re: deals or events or parties, specials- Mary Kay whatever... if those could be more easily utilized.

Mackenzie W.

Vagaro review

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Vagaro has been a great tool for business as it tracks everything within the app and can be used from any device whether it is a phone or tablet.

Pros

I love the versatility of this software, you have everything you need for your business at your fingertips. The business I manage has used this on and off for four years, it has been our favorite to use because in one app you have scheduling, inventory management, checkout and sales, payroll, timecard where you can clock in and out, you name it. It’s an extremely convenient app.

Cons

The main issue we have had with the app is usually with the transaction devices that the software offers. We have had issues with the swipe attachment as well as the wireless card reader. When this happens you do have the option to enter in card information manually, however you are charged extra for it which is another con. Lastly, while it is a great app the monthly fees are quite expensive.

Tammy S.

InfraRayz Review of Vagaro Sotware

Reviewed on 2016/08/31

Vagaro is an amazing, easy and simple software. I absolutely would recommend this software to ANYONE in the business of hair, tanning, or any type of scheduling type of jobs. It is so easy to use and easy to work with especially when I am showing a new employee how to use it. For me I can book appointment every 15 minutes and I can set the time limit of how long a service may take. So if I book someone for our Infrared sauna, then it automatically books that person for a 45 minute slot. If I have a spray tan during that time I put that next person in and it doesn't affect anything. Vagaro is also my website as well where people can book from and my email blast go out from there. On top of my emails going out I can also choose to connect what my email is to Facebook and Twitter. I keep track of my sales through Vagaro by printing out different reports. Also my inventory and checking out clients is all connected in one simple and easy software. Plus you will not find anything cheaper than $35 per month. If you get a new employee who needs the site as well they can have their own scheduling for only an extra $25 per month. It is simplying amazing! VAGARO!!

Pros

That my website is connected and easy to manage. Clients can book directly on there. It is just amazing.

Cons

Nothing. I absolutely love it.

Nicole M.

pretty good software

Reviewed on 2016/09/07

have had it for many years and its very functional for what i use it for. Only thing i would complain about is the functionability for my clients online they wish it was a bit more user friendly like it is for us on the professional side. The credit card feature is another I didn't like just wasn't fond of their merchant account side to run credit cards too many third parties to deal with. But those are things that are very minor and your clients can set up with you before they leave if they are having problems and you don't have to use there merchant account to accept credit cards.

Pros

How easy it was to accept clients online to start booking themselves (once they got the hang of it) saves me a lot of time. Love that it reminds your clients and that you have the option to email.

Cons

The face that you cant delete a customers email if they opened up multiple accounts. The functionality online could be better for clients. They hate that they have to keep putting in dates when they are just trying to figure out what available in upcoming weeks when they don't have a specific date in mind. I also wish you could search evening or morning appts it would be easier for clients who are looking for specific times that have to keep refreshing the page.

Joey C.

Online Scheduling & Reporting Features That ROCK!

Reviewed on 2016/09/29

I have been using Vagaro for since I became a booth renter March 06, 2011. I can not tell you how easy it made my clients to be able to book online and how easy it was for me to book clients on my phone if I was on the go. In fact the ease of booking made my business grow substantially. The reporting features made it easy to see how I was doing and where my business was coming from either phone appointments or online. Eventually my business grew large enough that I opened my own salon and Vagaro was right there with me for that. I added my additional employees and opened calendars for them and we took off! Again the reporting features helped so much with payroll and taxable income amounts. Eventually booking through Yelp became available and new clients could just click the link and be taken right to Vagaro, it was an awesome move on Vagaro's part to enable that. Fast forward a couple of years and now I have no employees and only booth renters in my salon and everyone uses Vagaro here. If someone searches the name of the salon on Vagaro it brings up each stylist's personal calander and they get the one that they need. Vagaro has been with me through it all and I am still with them because it is a quality product that delivers consistently.

Pros

It makes online booking easy and flawless.

Cons

Silly, there is nothing to not like!

Margaret T.

Best App so far for Salon Business

Reviewed on 2019/09/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, i like this app the best out of the 4 i've tried over the years.

Pros

The ease of setting up what I offer, setting operating hours and prices.

Cons

That users cannot have multiple names using one email for confirmation. I have several family members that come to my salon and some don't have a seperate email address for confirmation, such as young children or the elderly. Also that the Personal Time Off feature doesn't have a color code distinction for different types of time off. Meetings show up the same color as vacations.