Vagaro Reviews

Axel
  • Industry: Automotive

It's great but unnecessary

Reviewed on 2022/07/12

It's awesome really really awesome but like I said is not necessary for small companys, maybe if you grow up in the future it is a better idea. Is your decision.

Pros

It's a good option for organize all the company schedule, there are so many functions for all, anyone can use this and is not necessary to know about this software, is so intuitive.

Cons

I really thing that is unnecessary beacuse you can do a lot of this things in other app for free, but some functions are only in this app that made it better. If you don't have the money for pay this, I really recommend use your phone calendar or something like that.

Google Calendar

It's free

Google Calendar

free

Response from Vagaro

Hello Axel. We appreciate the review. We'll definitely take your feedback into consideration.

Mavis

Starting Back Post Covid-19

Reviewed on 2024/01/18

Overall, I am very pleased using Vagaro software. It allows my clients and customers to book online, to cancel an appointment and reschedule if needed, saving me time. I can go in and change the look of my Vagaro site whenever I want. The software allows me to send email blast for little or no cost. It's a great way to stay in contact with your clients and customers. There's a lot to like about Vagaro!

Pros

I pretty much like everything about Vagaro. The software is very easy to use and even if you get stuck, Vagaro has a university where you can take a class on how to use Vagaro or a specific task you're trying to perform.
I find that the price was well within my budget for a software program that has all of what you need to build a successful business compared to other programs.

Cons

I think the thing I like least about Vagaro is the fact that the add-on functions cost extra. To feature your business on Vagaro, its an extra fee, and also it's extra to develop a form, it's the little extra fees that really adds up, especially when your building your business.

Square Point of Sale and Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Acuity Scheduling was a little difficult for me to use. I only used Square for checking out clients. Vagaro was something I was familiar with using, so I wanted to stick with something I already knew.
Scott
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Don't Waste Your Time

Reviewed on 2024/06/04

Pros

It looks great. I switched from a different EHR because this looked like it had more options, better options.

Cons

You can't fully set up your profile until you migrate you information over. Once you do that, you cannot do it again, so if you are continuing to use your old software while to get Vagaro setup, you can't update it again later. If you cancel, they continue to charge you, even if aren't using it, or can't use it. The promise features that are still in development, so when you try to incorporate them, you're told they are not available yet. Just offer a good product and and let people leave if it doesn't work. Charging on the front end before you get set up, and charge them again when they try and leave, just so annoying!

Response from Vagaro

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would like to clarify a few points to ensure there is no confusion.

You can set up your profile without completing the data migration first. If you're using your old software while setting up Vagaro, ensure your data is fully transferred before completing the migration. If an additional import is needed you can let our imports team know what additional data may need to be transferred.

You can cancel your account at any time, though signing up with a merchant account does involve a 12-month contract. You should not be charged if you cancel your account. If this has happened, please contact our support team to investigate this matter.

We are very transparent with all the features we offer and are always enhancing our software. If you have any further concerns, please feel free to reach out to us!

Cory

Great Med Spa office organizing tool

Reviewed on 2024/04/04

Wonderful! It is used by several members of our staff for various aspects of our clinic operations.

Pros

Ease of use and affordability! Also, HIPAA compliance, inventory tracking, & online booking! This is THE program that holds our clinic together and allows us to continue to operate effectively.

Cons

Sometimes, it doesn’t connect well through our WiFi firewall for some reason, but it’s easy enough to hotspot for access if/when this happens.

Jeanette
  • Industry: Cosmetics

A great alternative for small business

Reviewed on 2024/02/10

I wanted to take a moment to express my sincere gratitude to [sensitive content hidden] for her outstanding support and assistance in setting up my account with Vagaro. Her dedication to ensuring a smooth onboarding process truly made all the difference.

Throughout our interactions, [sensitive content hidden] exhibited a remarkable level of professionalism, patience, and expertise. She guided me through the setup process with clarity and precision, addressing all my questions and concerns along the way. Her warm demeanor and genuine enthusiasm for assisting customers shone through, making the experience both productive and enjoyable.

Pros

Vagaro offers incredible value for the money. With affordable pricing plans and a wealth of features included in each, it's a cost-effective solution for businesses of all sizes. You get more bang for your buck with Vagaro compared to other platforms.

Cons

Have not encountered any cons so far, everything has been very smooth

Juno

Great Management Software for my Tattoo Studio

Reviewed on 2024/01/19

Overall, it's great for my tattoo and piercing business. Customer tech support is also very good!

Pros

The ease of use. the software is geared for businesses in the service industry. It's been doing well for my tattoo studio.

Cons

There are some features that I'd like to see implemented in the near future.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I was looking for a new product that will function the way I need it to. And I did.

Square Appointments
Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

As a small business Owner, Smart choice to deal daily activities.

Reviewed on 2023/11/24

As a small business owner, Vagaro is really helpful. By using the Vagaro app, users can easily appoint the service.
On my end, its very easy to set , and learn the basics, such as scheduling auto reminders and emails for customers. It has the option to identify roles like owner, sales customer service bookkeeper, etc., so I can easily divide tasks.

Pros

Simple to configure and set up; proper guidelines are available for that
As a small business owner, it is difficult to handle all the responsibilities associated with running a business. Vagaro really helps me to divide tasks and set automated reminders and emails.
Payment options also secure here.

Cons

Paying the swipe fee for every credit card transaction is kind of a headache for me. It's a good option to take a one-time payment, like in this situation.

Joelle
  • Industry: Events Services

Simple Scheduling Option

Reviewed on 2024/06/06

Overall, it works. I would not purchase again as I do not find it to be the most efficient option, at least for our style of service.

Pros

Overall, we looked in to vagaro for our reps to have access to their own booking in their own personal devices. For this, the app has been fairly seamless.

Cons

We have received complaints from clients regarding the scheduling process through Vagaro. It is clunky and inefficient, especially for our older clients who do not navigate technology well. having to select a stylist, but then seeing time slots for other stylists is frustrating to them and they often end up calling or texting the stylists anyway to make appointments. This takes aware from our employees time.. which is why, in the first place we looked for scheduling software.

Response from Vagaro

Thank you for sharing your concerns about the scheduling process through Vagaro. We understand how frustrating it can be for your clients, especially those who are less comfortable with technology. We're committed to improving our system and would love to gather more details on the specific issues you're facing. You can always submit your great ideas to feedback.vagaro.com for future updates!

Your feedback is greatly appreciated to us as we strive to make Vagaro more user-friendly and efficient for everyone.

Rubi
  • Industry: Legal Services

Scheduling at it's finest

Reviewed on 2024/06/03

Pros

The ease of clients to book and pay for appointments.

Cons

Clients availability may not always work.

JESSICA
  • Industry: Automotive

Excellent Scheduling App

Reviewed on 2024/05/07

Pros

The ease of scheduling! Allows scheduling at the customers convenience, on their own time!

Cons

Sometimes there is conflict with our availability.

Cassandra

Easy to use / lacking functionality

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

I used Vagaro for a couple years but got rid of it because of how often their site would crash or freeze. I gave it another try after years with a desktop software because I was looking for a cloud based booking company . It was catostrophic to my salon . They didn’t transfer most of what was promised ( that I paid for) . I spend 3 days transferring all of my own things ( services products etc) then when I ran my payroll was all calculated wrong by hundreds of dollars . No one could tell me why . If is impossible to get a hold of anyone to speak to when you need help and when how do finally they act like they could care less. The functionality and detail just is not there ,

Pros

It was very easy to use and figure out without and specific training . I also like the online booking features and website they give you.

Cons

There is no ability to void any transaction when a mistake is made . Also their customer service is awful . Also I was led to believe they had a time clock when in actuality their do not unless you make an additional purchase of cards and a swipe machine .

Iris Works

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I was looking for a cloud based booking system as opposed to a software one

DaySmart Salon

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I did not choose it. I ended up using a cloud based version of salon iris .
Molly
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Is Varago is good for your company?

Reviewed on 2022/08/11

With Vagaro the purpose was always selling time. FIlling up the white space on the calendar with clients and making sure you did that as efficiently and productively each day as possible in order to create growth and profit for the company. Vagaro is a tool in which you are able to do that. But for bigger salons that need more details, reports, numbers, it does fall bit a short.

Pros

I liked that this system was super simple and straight forward. It is very easy to switch over to Vagaro from another company which is what we did. The ease of use is definitely a plus but it also was a reason why we left. It was not very detailed on other aspects that we needed more options and attention on.

Cons

I love a software company that has a well developed app for it's salon users. This is important for the team because they use this every hour to see and check their schedules. I think also the reports should have been more detailed and intricate but they may have improved that at this time. I don't think anything was difficult to use but because of it's ease of use, it meant that the software didn't really allow for as much information and details as we needed at the time to run a salon aiming towards growth. Things were hard to find or figure out because it wasn't provided in the reports or we had to add other features from outside companies to make up for lacking features.

Boulevard and Phorest

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

We were looking to find the right fit for our needs so that we could hit our growth and potential goals.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I ended up choosing Vagaro originally because I thought the ease of use was a huge selling point. However, we ended up switching over to Boulevard in the end.

Response from Vagaro

Thank you for the feedback, we love to hear that our software is easy to use. We recently released updates to our reports section based on the feedback that businesses were looking for more intricate data. You can check what other features we are currently working on here: https://feedback.vagaro.com/forums/915991-feature-requests

Katrina

Part time gal

Reviewed on 2020/01/26

The financial tracking and break downs are very simple and easy.

The financial tracking and break downs are very simple and easy.

Pros

I really love that with this software, everything is pretty much in one place. The POS is relatively easy to use and I havent had many issues at all. The customization adds a nice flair as well.

Cons

There are only TWO things that come to mind.

1. I wish I could set certain days through out the month and not necessarily certain weekly hours. I am a part time worker and I work a random three days every week. My clients are not allowed to book through the online part because I cant pick the days I will be available without it being a reoccurring weekly schedule. If it is, I havent figured it out and would love to know how to do so!

2. Fridays/ weekends it takes FOREVER to get my transfer into my bank. Its very frustrating at times due to the fact that I am a very small business and don't have large transactions frequently.

Schedulicity

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I used the old pen & paper style schedule book and always found myself telling people that I didnt have my appointment book on me. Now I always do because its right on my phone and has been very convenient for my business and has helped it grow.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

My coworker uses it and she told me that it made doing her taxes easier to accomplish without the stress and that is right up my ally!
Nashira

Best appointment app out there

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

I am fully satisfied with Vagaro.

I am fully satisfied with Vagaro.

Pros

You get the biggest bang for your buck with this app. I have tried a few others in the past and paid way too much for features that Vagaro not only charges an affordable price for but the set up in easy and self explanatory that you don't really need to call into tech support. I have also tried several of different types of marketing on various platforms but Vagaro has one that I have gotten plenty of clients from. Their forms is amazing, you can do intake forms and send out surveys and given that we are going through a pandemic its an easy way to get fast feedback from you clients without being in front of them. Everything is basically customizable without being too overwhelming with their features. You can literally tailor it to your business needs without being forced to have a feature and pay for it just because it falls in a certain category. Keep up the good work Vagaro!

Cons

Sending an invoice for a future appointment. Sometimes we get booked for chair events in the future and the company hiring us requests to pay a day or two before the event.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Nashira, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it so much. We are grateful to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Cristene A

Best fit for a diverse business with an unbeatable price.

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Overall my experience has been Wonderful. I seem to find more ways to expand, streamilne and save time every time I log in.

Pros

Vagaro has such wonderful functionality, its very user friendly, and the updates and offerings that were implemented to serve users during the pandemic have been absolutely outstanding.
The multi use calendar has been a very valuable asset to myself and staff and the combined inventory tracking, checkout features, and marketing tools have streamlined my business. Using Vagaro has saved me time, frustration and has increased our professional presence in our community. One of the the best features is the unbeatable price. I haven't found any platform that has satisfied our needs as diverse Holistic Wellness Center with room to grow.

Cons

I wish I could print my address list to a label so I can send old fashioned b-day cards.
When I create my marketing blasts the finger scroll jumps very quickly leaving the user to have to manually us the scroll to the right.
Very minimal issues to even speak about.

CharmHealth

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Mostly cost, but I didn't need the specific features I was paying for, and it was difficult to learn the program

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

User friendly, cost, and functionality. Vagaro seems like it has heart, and really cares about helping the user/business organize, streamline and grow.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Cristene, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Benjamin

Exactly what I was looking for

Reviewed on 2020/09/10

Before Vagaro, we had one system for point of sale, one system for booking and a third for customer information management. We wanted a system that would do all of that and move our business to the next level. Vagaro was the answer to that, bar none.
To have everything in one software package eliminates errors we were making when entering in things in multiple places previously. The reporting is top notch and the ability to access everything remotely from our phones and see appointments and transactions in real-time is a great benefit.

Pros

We were looking for one single system that could do everything for our business. Point of sale, booking, inventory, online booking, excellent reporting, custom forms, email/text marketing, etc. Vagaro has it all. It's one complete package that we can access remotely and via our phones at any time.

Cons

While this software was made mostly for Salons with numerous Stylists (Service Providers), it took a big of tweaking and being creative when setting it up for us. With us being a Sauna Studio, clients don't book people, they book actual rooms. There was a little bit of a learning curve on how to set that up properly but it works brilliantly now. I wish there was a little more customization on some deep settings, but all in all, I can't complain at all.

ZENOTI

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

We wanted one program to do everything, and after researching Vagaro and trying the Free Trial, it was absolutely what we wanted...and more.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Zenoti was way, way too expensive for a small business such as us and YoureOnTime didn't offer recurring payments (for memberships). They look to be great products (especially YoureOnTime), but they just didn't fit our needs 100%.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Benjamin, thank you so much for your feedback! We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Melinda

Vagaro is an INCREDIBLE deal & service!

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

Vagaro is hands down the best!! We thought we needed to switch to Mindbody recently (because a handful of nearby studios used them), and we were back in just TWO weeks because Mindbody's software and customer service were unbelievably awful. Vagaro has superior customer service, intuitive system use, MUCH better user-interface, and overall an excellent staff and customer experience! Our clients were SO happy when we switched back to Vagaro :)

Pros

It's easy to use, customer service is always available and helpful (even if they can't solve your request right away, they get back to you), our customers LOVE the ease of the program, and it's actually affordable!

Cons

I do wish you could check people in to a class and if someone didn't show, it would register as like 7/8 in the class count after checkout so we could see the "realtime" class attendance.

ABC Glofox and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Affordability, customer service, and better product.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Melinda, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you and your clients love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Stephanie

Initially Good, then overall decline in application

Reviewed on 2024/03/20

Initially, it was really good, however, about 6 months ago there was a major upgrade, and the application has declined and seems to have many issues within their marketing campaign, forms, and syncing between locations.

Pros

Initially, we needed to track our customers packages, gift cards, and appointments. Scheduling, reminders and forms for services were also an important feature.

Cons

We are required by our insurance company to have forms for each service and forms have been an issue by not sending out to customers, saying they are filled out when they are not. Additionally, the marketing campaign feature (emails/text) does not provide you with correct data. What they say will be "Announced" does not match what was processed and text messages are sent DAYS after it was announced. Additionally, customers are missing from the email/text campaigns and Vagaro says that to account for any missing customers that would be an "enhancement". Reallyyyyy, what is processed versus delivered/failed do not match and there are missing customers and that is considered an enhancement. Additionally, you have to submit a ticket to determine what happened and if they don't research it with a 7-day window, they respond that they can't research it. We have been going round and round for over 4 months to get these issues resolved. Very disappointed in where this application is going.

Response from Vagaro

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We've taken note of the issues you've experienced with our service. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve these issues. If there's anything specific you'd like us to address or if you have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly. We're committed to ensuring that your experience with our software meets your expectations.

Scott
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Total salon management suite at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Since I am independent contractor and responsible for booking my own appointments, this really frees up a lot of time that I would have to spend on the phone booking and confirming appointments. Also helps me keep track of so many aspects of my business so I know at a glance what needs to be addressed, how and when. I have considered using other options and even signed up for a couple of trials but in the end I have stayed with Vagaro because nothing else has impressed me enough to switch.

Pros

Many available features and you only pay for what you need to use. Very intuitive interface and comprehensive online tutorials to help if you need help.
I work in a salon with others who don't use salon management software and still do everything "old school". I am amazed at how much more time they spend on the things that Vagaro simply takes care of for me such as allowing my clients to book their own appointments online 24/7 and sending reminders and confirming appointments. I keeps track of my retail inventory and lets me know when I need to reorder and the customization of reports really help me see what areas of my business need attention.

Cons

When I recently changed salons and starting booth renting for the first time, I was advised by Vagaro that my client information would be transferred to my new Vagaro account with the previous salon owners permission. However, once I set up the new account the only thing that was transferred was client names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and appointment notes. NO CLIENT HISTORY AT ALL! I had over 1000 client names and I had no idea when they were in last, how often they came in, what services they booked. Customer service was not much help as this point since client history simply isn't something that they transfer as part of client data so not much they could do. I hope they add this feature in the future since it's really the only negative (although a pretty big one for me). I was able to send an email blast to the clients who had provided an email address but that still left a LOT of people who still needed to be identified as current clients and notified of my move. The process was far more labor intensive than it ever should have been and the length of time it took definitely cost me time and money.

DaySmart Salon

Cost, features, flexibility.
Sarry

Give it a go

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

I just wish there was a little more to Vagaro when it comes to business essentials. It is really important for owners to track their numbers without having to do extra work and I just wish there was more there. I also wish that texting was a part of the program seeing as how contactless is the way to go but to charge an arm and a leg is a bit much. I get that new ideas are coming up and the actual subscription isn't expensive, but don't up-charge us because technology changes and you see it as a way to get money from us. I also wish there was an option for split payments of more than one credit card. I wish that they did NOT charge a fee for us to accept credit card tips. A few ideas and ways to help.

Pros

This software is pretty easy to use and it allows us to check our schedules anytime

Cons

There are always pros and cons, for me sometimes it's the reliability that bothers me. Sometimes appointments will not show and clients get a confirmation which is frustrating. I also don't like the way the company handles its credit card processing especially during covid, it would be nice not to have to pay an extra free when it comes to storing cards in the system. I also didn’t like how little resources there are for reports or how little the software offers you a boost when you pay for a service to "get noticed" otherewise everything is pretty standard.

Response from Vagaro

Thank you for your review, if you have any ideas about how we can improve the software you can share them at feedback.vagaro.com

Joanne

Evaluated by a massage therapist with 25 years experience.

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Very positive. The company upgrades their product when needed adding user friendly comprehensive features that enhance the users experience.

Pros

It's very easy to use Vagaro for online and mobile booking for both the owner and client. COLOR CODING: I like the use of color bands to show confirmed, show, no show etc. it helps me keep track at a glance. CHECK OUT: The check out is also very easy with all options for payment available. If you like keeping track of customers paying with MasterCard, Visa etc this option is available. This was not my experience with other programs, although it's not something I used it would be helpful for tracking clients paying with Medical Flex Plans. NOTES: I like this section it's comprehensive to different professions. The medical note section is helpful for massage therapists and other medically oriented professions. I especially like the POP UP notes. Very helpful when you have special needs clients. Also helpful for an aging (post menopausal) memory (LOL, some may not understand this importance). PERSONAL TASK: This is a great option that allows you to block off chunks of time. It also allows you to choose reasons for the block, sick, personal time etc. Especially nice when tracking you personal down time. All in all it's a well thought out program. Whenever I've needed help the CHAT feature and the customer service representatives have been very helpful in solving my issues. Generally you don't have to wait long for help. That's especially helpful as every self-employed persons time is valuable.

Cons

If you need to shut off the online feature (which I've needed to do during Covid) you can't last I checked. Plus, I'm in the process of downsizing toward retirement. I'm no longer looking to take new clients but I want to continue using the program to book my existing clients. I just wanted to prevent clients from being able to book on line so I can control my schedule. The only way to do this was to block out all my time slots with the Personal Task feature. Clients eventually end up calling me, which is what I want. I sent notifications, but you know how that goes. The other option I think would be helpful that isn't available is the option to choose different colors for the PERSONAL TASK blocks. I'm a visual, color oriented person, right now the only option for Personal Task is brown. I like to be able to assign or have assigned colors associated with the different block options, like green for "sick time", blue for "meeting" etc. Lastly I believe this program leads the on line booker to believe it's more of a salon oriented environment. I know for a fact some more medically oriented massage therapists have shied away from using it for that reason, because I've recommended it and received this feedback. I think the developers maybe doing themselves a disservice in this regard. The program is very comprehensive for medically oriented massage therapists, chiropractors, craniosacral therapists, reiki masters and like professions.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Joanne! Thank you so much for your feedback! We do offer an ability to turn off the online booking feature. This setting is available on the Employee Profiles page. We appreciate your review and are thankful to have you as a business on Vagaro!

Jennifer

Ok for single operator. Not effective for bigger salon.

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Their customer-service department seems to be filled with condescending 20 somethings who enjoy attempting to make users feel inadequate. The last 3 times I've had to call-in and ask a question or have voice a concern about the product, I've been spoken down to by someone half my age.

Pros

The calendar is easy and self explanatory. It seems easy to use Even for people with no computer experience . If you're still using pencil and paper , this is way better than that . Probably a great product for both renters. Clients like notification system.

Cons

If you've used any other salon softwares that are in a high performance category as far as reporting and/or user experience this will not suit your needs . It is very rudimentary in its performance . It does not allow for any customization in reports or in applications .
Many features are archaic and need updating. The feature to logout users after a certain amount of time can't recognize the difference between idle and not idle so it will log you out and lose your work in the middle of a session . The "marketing" section is mediocre at best . IF you've already been running a computerized operation for 5 yrs or more, you will find the software completely inefficient . It does not save your work if you're in the middle of procedures when it logs out . It cannot tell the difference between tasks in progress and idleness . If you leave the program wide-open and it doesn't log anybody out automatically, then your separate users have no recognition within the system, Unless they individually and manually log themselves in-and-out every time . SO MANY SILLY TIME WASTING things that MUST be done manually every session. Yuck.

Julie
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Do Not Use

Reviewed on 2022/08/13

Pros

Cost of the service compared to others on the market, such as MindBody.

Cons

Vagaro Support is the worst I've ever worked with. We have been working on getting our small business on Vagaro's platform since April. It is now Aug, & we are still not up and running. Everything we are doing is Out-of-the-Box. No customization. However, support has not been able to complete our import, so we've been paying a monthly fee since April for a service we cannot use. They are horrible at responding to requests for status updates. I'll email support multiple times and they don't respond for weeks, if at all. The only time I can make any headway on our import is if I work on it myself, or when I start calling them daily (sometimes 2x/day). Then we make a little progress only to begin the cycle again a few days later with me being ghosted. If you're looking to use Vagaro for your business, don't. We are at the point where we are willing to take the sunk cost on the money & significant amount of time we have put into this and start over with one of Vagaro's competitors, such as MindBody.

Mindbody

Response from Vagaro

We apologize for your experience; we take matters like this very seriously and want to let you know we are committed to providing excellent customer service. The import process exists to quickly onboard customers coming from other software, in this case the files you sent were custom, so it did not work with any of our (out of the box) automated processes. We provided a Sample File to show the required format, but we never received the data in the correct format. Despite this, our team began making adjustments on your behalf, in an effort to get the data in the proper format. While typical responses occurred next business day, a change of management occurred on your end which did cause some additional delays. Delays could have been avoided entirely had we been provided data in the supplied format; management changes had not occurred, and updates to your terminology were not regularly changed between responses from your business.

Amber

Salon Owner

Reviewed on 2023/02/21

I am happy using this for our salon booking system and calendar.

I am happy using this for our salon booking system and calendar.

Pros

I love the price and simplicity of booking salon services with the appointment reminder texts it sends on my behalf there are little to no no shows. It also allows double booking and online booking if you choose to use that feature.

Cons

I struggle to get the register and printer/credit card reader to sync and have called customer service a few times over the years. For some reason it doesn’t work like it should. I’m always using my square credit card reader as a backup and the key to open the register for change.

Schedulicity

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Price was extremely higher.

Karen Cecilia
  • Industry: Human Resources

Do not use Vagaro if you run a Nail Salon

Reviewed on 2023/09/05

Not the greatest. As a paying customer and owner I shouldn't have restrictions or have roadblocks because vagaro is not set up for nail salons but yet advertises that it is. The system is not convenient to use in many different situations. The solutions are very inconvenient, pointless, problematic or no solution at all. Some solutions create other issues in the system. Its honestly poorly set up. Creating all these steps to find information or make changes is unnecessary and it even makes it difficult for new receptionist to learn the system. Ive also experienced agents not being available for days in a row. The system has many glitches and runs very slow. For how expensive the printer cost, Im constantly dealing with it disconnecting and their support team help set up to the wifi to prevent this issue but still does it. I have not used Vagaro for a very long time and the fact that MANY problems came up with the setup and solutions to problems creates more problems or restrictions in the software is terrible. As a business owner, I don't need more headaches. Talking with other salon owners, they have also experienced the same or similar problems with vagaro and transition over to other softwares. I am now in the process of switching. Can't say Vagaro is a great system for salons.

Pros

Pos system works well. Fees are not to bad.

Cons

I would say the whole setup is not good for a nail salon business or even set up in a convenient manner. Theres so many steps you have to do in situations just to resolve one simple problem. Ive had more bad experiences than good. Ive experienced not being able to do price adjustments at checkout even as the owner I have no access to make changes. This is problematic in nail salons since it's common for clients to make changes in their services or didn't know how to book properly online to begin with. By taking deposits, it locks the prices where you can not make changes without doing inconvenient steps beforehand. Cant simply edit or delete things without the deposit getting lost or again completely steps beforehand. Clients tend to no call/no show and block credit cards so deposits are necessary but that causes restrictions. Deposits don't show on the receipts at final checkout. Not all clients want to get emails so I have to do all these steps to find the DATE the client booked THAT appointment just to to track down the deposit. Theres no way to SIMPLY make adjustments or changes on Vagaro without having to do unnecessary steps where now we have a line of clients waiting. Ive bought their printer and the printer will disconnect or shut off at random times of the day. Every solution given to fix or make better of a problem just created different problems or restrictions. Clients constantly gets booted off when making appointments online. The list goes on.....

Response from Vagaro

Hi Karen, we have been trying to reach you to continue troubleshooting your printer. Please respond to the most recent email to set a time for a phone call. We want to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible, we need to know what time works for you for a phone call.