Rosy

Cloud-based salon and spa scheduling & management software

4,8
4,5
Elizabeth N.

The Rosy Software is great, but the customer service is what really makes it exceptional!

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

The benefits I received from this software were excellent customer service, ease of website and salon software integration, ease of credit card and salon software integration, and ease of salon software set-up. As a new user, I was very easily able to set up my business info, add employees and their schedules, and add all of my salon and retail inventory. Highly recommend!

Pros

I am new to the salon business and have never used a scheduling/inventory software before. Because of the excellent customer service, I have been able to get our new salon up and running using the Rosy software. It takes time to learn, but is quite intuitive. Every single time I've called, customer service team has been patient and informative. I've never felt like my questions were bothersome to them.

I also purchased the cash drawer, receipt printer, and scanner from Rosy. I am very happy with these products and the help I received in setting them up. Working with the Card Connect company via Rosy to integrate our systems has also been very easy.

My experience has been better than expected and I highly recommend Rosy Salon Software to everyone who might need it.

Cons

At this time, I can't think of anything that I don't like about the software. It exceeds my expectations.

Mark S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great software that continues to evolve!

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

I know that switching salon software is scary. I kept putting it off because it seemed overwhelming.
I had been researching for 2 years. Some had the features I wanted, but the monthly cost was high. On top of that, they had per text costs on top of that. I would be paying for some of the software offerings. Fortunately, I found reviews on Rosy that were good, and I checked out their website. It seemed too good to be true. I could get their top package. I met John Bertorelli at the Long Beach Hair show. He was running a demo, using his phone as a hot spot. Not only was it quick, but it seemed easy to use. He was great about answering all my questions. I became obsessed over the next 5 months with wanting to switch, but the software I was using was Mac only, and I could not export any data. I felt like I was being held hostage. The only data I could extract, was my Client list. The thought of inputting all of my inventory by hand seemed to be too much. finally I called support team and asked if they found a way to get the data out of my other software. He said not yet, but he had an idea. He said that if I could get my product companies to send me spread sheets with SKU, name, prices, and sizes, I could cut and paste them into a template, and he could transfer it into the system. You get a 30 day trial, and that seemed like enough time to get set up to go live with the switch. I'm so glad that I took the plunge. They are constantly adding more functionality, and features. When I started, The texts were limited to a 24 hour appointment reminder, and confirmations were done by email. Now confirmations are done by both text and email, and we now have over 80% of our confirmations done by the system, freeing my front desk staff to attend to our guests. They listen to input suggestions, and update frequently. Could not be happier with my choice.

Pros

Ease of use, and frequent updates!

Cons

I wish you could have pop up alerts for client notes. It used to have them, but they switched to having the notes show up in the upper left side of the screen, and often get unnoticed. Maybe have the red circle for the notification blink to catch the eye.

Derek H.
Industry: E-Learning

This company sets itself above the rest with the best customer experience and service !!!

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Pros

1. First cloud based software and we never have outage issues
2. Free text and email confirmations. Most of the others charge for this
3. Works on all devices, Apple, PC, iPad, tablet, phone Etc.
4. Built in marketing suite, no more need to pay extra for demandforce or some other add on companies marketing platform
5. Online Client Scheduling the best we have ever used; it has increased our online scheduling by 37%
6. Facebook Integration- this feature has been huge for us
7. Inventory Controls- automatic inventory ordering, no more counting bottles on the shelves
8. Mobile Web App- This is better than an app as it works on all devices and is free, it allows clients to book, check their accounts and shop all from the phone or tablet.
9. Reporting Engine- all the reports you need without the confusion
10. Product Reservations- clients can reserve products to buy when they get there and the system makes suggestions based on their service and when they should be out of their product.

Karyn B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Awesome product!

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

Oh my goodness! This software rocks and has pretty much everything I need for my business. It is intuitive, easy to use and look at, you don't get nickel and dime for every extra, the extra marketing package is well worth the money (great client feedback, especially regarding text reminders), and customer support is always helpful.
The only two cons I've run into, and have mentioned to the support team, are that you have to print out a separate receipt and hand it to your customers to fill in the tip amount (which I feel is presumptuous and rude) and then print another for them to sign. In an industry that often, but not always involves gratuity, that just seems rather pressuring. The other is that there is no option to build in check out/cleanup time with appointments. There is a processing time option, but no way to add cleanup time without your clients thinking that their 60 min facial is now 75 minutes, like what their reminders tell them. Those are the only two downfalls I've found to date, but I can work around those issues until they are fixed.
I highly recommend Rosy! I don't have to log on and off every time I want to use the system, have it running on iPads and Macs and PC's with no issues or delays in processing or loading, and can also have clients securely store their cc info for future bookings, phone orders, and cancellation fees. I love Rosy!

Pros

Everything! Easy to use, easy to program, easy to run from multiple devices in multiple locations, never have an issue signing on, POS system rocks. My life has been made so much easier with Rosy!

Cons

Not a fan of handing clients a tip worksheet and then a separate receipt to sign for credit card payments, no way to build in cleanup/checkout times into services. Otherwise, that's it.

Kimberly B.
Industry: Cosmetics

For the most part, it's great!

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

I like that they're constantly working to improve and add more features. Some of the features need more options and flexibility to be more useful, but as time goes on, I'm sure they'll continue to make improvements. Specifically the Rewards feature and the parameters for Mass Email Client Lists need to be updated. Also, the Image Library needs to be accessible on mobile again. Their Online Booking is great!

Pros

The Online Booking and schedule view (I really like the red time bar they added recently)

Cons

They sometimes make "improvements" that make things worse/harder. For instance, removing the Image Library from mobile. These days a lot of people are using apps to create images for Social Media, so you need to be able to easily add them to the Image Library from your phone.

Mandy E.
Industry: Human Resources

Love Rosy!

Reviewed on 2017/02/21

Rosy is such a great software. We wanted something that was cloud based and easy to use-and Rosy is! We switched from three different softwares before we found Rosy, and after using it for 5 minutes I knew this was the one. The stylists LOVE it because it's so user friendly and they didn't have to spend hours learning how to use it. They learned how to use it in 5 minutes! Customer support is amazing, they are always there to answer even the littlest of questions. They are always upgrading too, so Rosy gets even better all the time. We are a high end, fast paced salon and Rosy has been a lifesaver. We highly recommend it for your salon software!

Pros

Easy to use. Has a variety of reports. Cloud based, you can access anywhere. Online booking. Customer support.

Cons

No option to confirm through text message reminders. Wish you could customize payment options to add other ones for different coupons we offer.

Jacob A.

We love Rosy

Reviewed on 2018/02/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Rosy is the lifeblood of our business (aside from staff, that is). It is dependable, and robust, and we love that we no longer have to worry about our Salon management software working, or about staff having a difficult time learning it. It is a must for all small salons and spas.

Cons

My only complaint would be that the reporting is somewhat lacking. I wish there were more ways to view the data online, rather than having to export large data sets just to get at what I want.

Sally L.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

I've used a few other software systems Rosy is by far my favorite because of how easy it is. The reports are simple and easy to understand Really everything about it as simple. Other software is I've used you have to go through several screens just to find your answer. I appreciate so much that is not the case here. Also your technical support is excellent!

Cons

There have been some serious system crashes lately that have made it difficult to operate But I will say you guys do whatever you can to make it right and you own the problem and don't try to blame other shit for it. I truly appreciate that

John B.

THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

We have had the program for over two years now. It is making out salon (and personal )life very nice. The scheduling is easy and flexible. We can enter the appointments - doctor- other personal opts. very easy and fast. The service tracking and formula handling is neat and did I say quick? One GREAT feature is that 'Rosy' keeps the information on line. We can make appointments from our cell phones anywhere we are at. and there is not the probe that 'My computer broke".... does that happen?? ya betcha it does - BTDTGTS - (been there-done that-got the shirt) . . In the past we have had the computer bugs and lost it ALL,,, not fun. Will give the highest praise to this company. Take care, John & Mary B - FOXIES - Waukesha WI

Kim H.
Industry: Cosmetics

Don't know what we'd do without it

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

From the very first moment of setting it up, Rosy support was there every step of the way. This program is so easy to use. Our clients absolutely LOVE getting the text and email reminders. It has cut down on our no shows dramatically. I love that if I'm on the go I can check/book my schedule wherever I am. I don't know why we waited as long as we did. You won't be sorry that you went with Rosy! It's the BEST!!!

Pros

easy to use- many features

Cons

nothing

Aubrey H.
Industry: Consumer Services

I would not recommend this company

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Dont use them

Pros

It's easy to use and price is good . Anyone can use it

Cons

Its hard to get anyone to call you back in a timely manner. They told me to do my credit card processing through another company and then as soon as we got it set up just 25 days later, Rosy discontinued working with that company (for good reasons) and refuse to help me get out of my current contract which is around $750, or get me a new machine through them and want me to pay another $500 for a machine either up front or monthly . They are not transparent, nor helpful and refuse to let me speak with anyone else. I am very disturbed by this and think so many salons are probably going out of business right now, if i were the manager or owner of this company, it quickly rectify the situation and give us a new machine, no questions and no arguments ! They were zero help setting up the last machine and have been so slow to reply on getting a new one, its been just awful ! Dont use them

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Chelsea C.

My salon has it and it's very organized and easy.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

I can search for everything I need. The information for past present and future clients, formulas, and recent history.

Cons

I'm not sure, I think maybe an option that specifically is designed to calculate haircuts only, color only, or any service individually.

Kirsten L.
Company size: Self Employed

Great service for my business

Reviewed on 2017/03/04

I am one person operating the business. Rosy is a great tool for both me and my clients. My clients can make an appointment at their convenience which frees me from returning messages regarding appointments. Reminder emails are helpful.

Pros

Ease for clients to make appointments

Cons

Reminder emails not always sent

Meghan C.

Easy to use and I love that I am able to book appointments and cancel appointments from my phone....

Reviewed on 2017/06/10

Easy to use and able to look at your schedule and book clients from wherever you are

Pros

The availability from my phone and that I can just access everything from wifi .. I am able to check my schedule and change anything I want from Home

Cons

That wifi is our oe slow that I can't access.. even from work.. it is sometimes slow if the wifi isn't working

Jessica M.

We Love Rosy!!!

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

We have Rosy for several years and love it!! Offers everything we need! Our clients love the online booking option!!

Amanda S.

Great program

Reviewed on 2017/02/21

Love the customization. Easy to use, both on my end and on the customers end. I love the automatic reminder emails and texts sent to customers

Pros

Ease of use and features

Cons

I wish there was a mobile app. I have to log in multiple times throughout the work day

Christina E.
Industry: Consumer Services

Makes running a business easy!

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

I use rosy for everything, scheduling, staff & inventory management, credit card processing etc. This has made my work so much easier. I love all of the different reports i can run to see how my business is growing. Great Program!

Pros

The easy to use interface

Cons

If a family uses the same email address for booking it will not allow me to send a receipt to one person stating that their email address is in use by another user.

Gary M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

After my conversation with Rachel Lechner i knew that this was the software for me!!

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

The price is 1 of the benefits from the other software that we switched from.. Rosy is less expensive!!
And the support has been excellent..

Pros

The ease of use and the portability of it!! Being able to use it from any mobile devise!! The support has been great!! And have been able to learn the system quickly..

Lindsay A.
Company size: Self Employed

It's has helped to keep our books more consistently full

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

Good for our salon business

Pros

Great for rescheduling and retail use/tracking. Easy to look information up on clients. Can write sidenotes.

Cons

Could have user manual for better ease of learning. Wish it had login account for multiple users to stay logged in to one search engine

Hillary G.

Rosy Salon and Spa review

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

I would defiantly recommend this software to any salon professionals. I would have loved to have had the option of paying a one time fee to have my rep. brought to Florida to be there during the first days of the salon opening to go over any issues and learning curve. She was so amazing I feel she should get a free trip for all of her patience and knowledge about this product!

Pros

I was introduced to this software by my rep . She took an incredible amount of time to train me how on how to set up my system and how to use it. It was user friendly but I needed her help. The 24 hour helpline was amazing as well .

Cons

I really cannot day anything negative about it.

Kenneth L.

Awesome!! Thank you Rosy!!

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

I have been a salon owner for 17 years and a stylist for 26 and I love this software. Super easy to use and easy to setup. I used a very expensive software for years and was never satisfied. Rosy uses the cloud which makes it super mobile. All my stylist have access to their schedules 24 hours a day and from any location. That means more on the spot bookings. Hell yes that makes us busy. Thank you Rosy for an awesome product!!

Jaci S.

We Love Rosy!

Reviewed on 2014/08/29

I have been using Rosy for 3 years. The support staff is the best. There are new features every few weeks and it's like these people are reading your mind (love the inventory updates). They know exactly what I need to keep my business running efficiently and growing. Being able to access it from anywhere (on my cell phone) has changed my life. Rosy is the best system I have ever worked with.

Hope S.

Awesome!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2014/07/21

We have been with Rosy for 3 years and love it. We were using paper appointment books and looked into 3 different salon software programs before making the switch to Rosy. By far Rosy proved to be the most user friendly and efficient, set up was a breeze.
Natasha & Karla are great, they are always ready to help and assist me with solutions. I would recommend Rosy to anyone that owns a salon.

Cortne M.

Rosy Review

Reviewed on 2017/02/21

Rosy salon software saves me a lot of time and money. The email confirmations are extremely helpful & ease of reports are good for the accountant. I just have a few minor issues. Deleting clients would be great for decluttering and using duplicate emails for clients from the same family. I highly recommend this to all my friends in the industry

Tracy P.

Business owner review

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

Rosy is easy to use and when I do come across an issue that I need help with, customer service is extremely fast and efficient for helping me resolve the issue. There are a couple of reports that I wish I could run differently but overall I like the service.