Service Fusion

Easy. Powerful. Mobile. Field service management software.

S.

Fantastic Software and Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2017/02/17

We used Service Fusion for 1 month in a "test" environment. We liked it very much, and decided to move forward. Now, we have been using it in production for 1 week, and it has greatly streamlined our processes. Our office staff loves the intuitive user interface, along with the automated notifications that can be configured when field staff is dispatched to our customers, and as the job progresses (dispatched, on site, invoiced, etc).

The work of our field staff has also been simplified by going "paperless". The mobile app they use has all the information they need at their fingertips. Customers can sign for their work and receive e-mails at job completion with invoices if desired.

On aspect of Service Fusion that we really appreciate is that it is highly configurable. As a small example, if you don't want notifications to go to your customers, you don't need to send them. If you only want certain ones, during certain statuses of the job, you can configure that. We appreciate how the developers have designed it in such a way to be flexible and not force a company to work a certain way. For example, the ability to add custom fields for various entities (customers, jobs, equipment, etc) shows that they understand each company may have specific needs for information tracking that are not included the software's built-in fields. Giving customers this flexibility makes the software highly configurable to our needs.

Finally, our experience with Service Fusion's Support staff has been phenomenal. We've had to call in several times during our transition from our previous software for various things. Each time, we were able to work with their knowledgeable support staff who've spent the necessary time with us on the phone to solve our problems. In addition, we sent in a request for a minor enhancement to a report that would have really helped us. To our surprise, they followed up very quickly and made the enhancement we requested. Typically, our experience with software vendors is that we don't see such quick turnaround to implement enhancements. But our experience with Service Fusion is that they are very proactive and listen to their customer needs.

Based on our experience so far, not only with Service Fusion's customer support, but also with finding their software highly functional and easy to use, we would not hesitate to recommend Service Fusion for service companies like ours.

Pros

Highly configurable, easy to use, intuitive user interface.

Cons

Would like to see more customizable reporting, but what is provided out of the box is sufficient

Leif
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Fabulous and versatile product... EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

Tremendous consolidation and money-saving via systems and especially efficiency and automation capabilities!

Pros

We are a full-service cleaning and restoration contractor in WA State, and have had a heck of a time finding software that works well in all divisions of our business. There are many cleaning software platforms and a few restoration-specific programs, but we've been looking for YEARS for software that will allow us to manage both, including re-construction.

Intuitive platform, versatility, list and workflow creation including the ability to customize and require that personnel gather specific information, GPS, payroll and credit card processing integration (allowed us to kill separate systems/charges for all 3 of those elsewhere!), good and simple reporting features and the sheer ability to book simply daily/one-off jobs, as well as full-blown project management!

Interpersonally, Max Paltsev (SF CEO) makes himself totally available and is extremely hands-on! SF is highly capable and is developed in-house (vs. farmed-out over seas), which is a big deal to us! I brought up an issue just yesterday regarding a specific functionality item that is pivotal to our business. My account rep took the issue right to Max and I received a reply today that their development team is creating a code-module as we speak and it will be re-coded by week's-end. SERIOUSLY!?... WHO DOES THAT? Incredible.

It doesn't get any better than this. My goal is to master this system's functionality and I find things every day that are better than I even imagined. We are now a lifetime client!

Cons

Very few. Calendar is a bit dated and needs a little help in relation to what SF calls DISPATCH capabilities... BUT this is a primary focus on their

Aaron

Another Broken Software With Crappy Back-End Support

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Mostly negative. Its been really rough for us trying to build and grow our company using this platform because there have been so many problems with the functionality of key workflows processes. The software is heavily marketed as a POS option for HVAC, Electrical, & Plumbing Companies but based on our experience it not able to handle their processes effectively and there is no fix in sight. It's extremely lacking in several key areas and service fusion management doesn't seem to care at all about the issues we have reported. We would highly recommend you steer clear of this company until they get their act together

Pros

It customizable and pretty user-friendly

Cons

The bugs and workflow problems NEVER get fixed. We have been reporting issues and asking for fixes to them for over 3 years now and practically NOTHING we have asked for has been done. Customer service reps just say that they will pass the issue onto the developers but then nothing ever happens. V2 just keeps getting promised as the fix-all, but somehow how I doubt it's going to be without major issues itself

Shawna

Easy to use, and Optimal Customer Service

Reviewed on 2023/02/27

I just started using Service fusion 8 months ago, at first I was scared I would mess up the whole process of customers and scheduling my technicians. But Service Fusion has proven over and over again their product is easy to use, implement, and there really isn't much that you can't "undo" if you make a mistake. If I can't figure out how to do something all I have to do is contact customer service and they walk me through step by step!

Pros

The easy of use for this product is amazing! If I think there might be a better way to do a task, I can always reach out to Customer care and they are fabulous in trouble shooting my ideas.

Cons

The only drawback is when there are more than on tech on a job, the real time data is not available on the calendar home page.

Housecall Pro

Reasons for Switching to Service Fusion

The ease of use and the cost

Response from Service Fusion

Your feedback is valued! Thank you for taking time to leave us a review.

Rick

Raving Fan

Reviewed on 2023/02/21

The customer service is outstanding. They are quick to walk me through to solutions.

Pros

It is a wonderful platform. This is my third platform from similar companies. All of the others have invoicing, calendar, etc. ServiceFusion is special. I use the VOIP phone feature, the data in Reports, accounting tab, and all the color coded dashboards. It is a great, great platform to run a business. If a prospect wants to just keep track of his jobs, there are less expensive options. But if a prospect wants to run a business, SF is a great solution.

Cons

It was very difficult to launch SF. The great thing about SF is it is highly customizable. The bad thing is that it is very customizable. It was very hard to get all the communication, forms, colors, etc set-up. Housecall took 1/10 the time to set-up. But now that it is set-up, I love, love SF.

Response from Service Fusion

Your raving review is much appreciated! Thank you for your feedback.

Trinda

SERVICE FUSION IS AWESOME!

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

The benefits that we have received, since using Service Fusion, are countless! Just a few examples include the following: combining 10+ databases into one, ease of reoccurring billings, having one central go-to place for everything, having the ability to see exactly where our technicians are, pulling reports, increased tracking capabilities, emailing our invoices to our customers, receiving payment in the field and the list could go on for days. Their Support Team as a whole is fantastic. One of the guys from the Support Team made certain that the implementation of Service Fusion to our team went as smooth as possible! -You can't get the kind of support I received, just anywhere. Above and Beyond!

Pros

This software has been fantastic for our Heating & Cooling company! It has achieved the goal of combining 10+ databases that we used to use on a regular basis, in to this one program! The program is relatively easy to use, along with their field worker app. At the beginning I was worried about the variety in ages, of our users, ranging from 14 years old to 69 years old, they all have done excellent in using Service Fusion due to the simplicity and ease of the program! Over the past several months Service Fusion has came out with enhancements, which makes tasks easier for us.

Cons

There is the occasional idea that comes to mind, that I would change about this software. However, I think of anything specific right now.

Braden
  • Industry: Machinery

Easy Plug and Play Service Management Tool

Reviewed on 2021/03/15

Service Fusion has been a blessing; previously we were manually routing our individual field service technicians to their appointments by phone as they came in, and following up with an email to provide the address. Again, although I would like to see some updates to the mobility of scanning and inventory management, overall this is a strong application.

Pros

This app is an all-inclusive solution for anyone conducting field service work at customer locations! We are an industrial mechanic service, that has built our business around specialized in-field repair servicing. Service Fusion is a one-stop shop for appointment information; it features a GPS module to make for easy appointment transportation. In addition, they offer customizations within their template for appointments which allows us to include industry-specific task items and buttons.

Cons

The biggest issue we run into is with inventory management. Although they have a great inventory management module, that has a lot of expandability and allows for barcode scanning, the scanner is restricted to operating only when attached to a laptop... You can't attach it to a tablet or mobile device which makes it very cumbersome and not as intuitive with the mobile application as you would hope. The platform is built off the mobility via the app, so to not allow the scanning and inventory management to function off of that is very counter-intuitive in my opinion.

Geovanni

This changed my LIFE

Reviewed on 2020/10/17

I just love this software. Everything has been so easy to use and so easy to create new jobs.

Pros

User friendly interface! I really love how it communicates with clients when tech changes his status.

Cons

Limitations on phone app. I really wish the interface on the App had more functionality and more customizable settings.

Rev.io

Reasons for Switching to Service Fusion

PRICING was more affordable.
Lucan

Cloud based solution for work orders and maintenance

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

It allows us to keep track of hundreds of service calls a day and allows our technicians to keep track of their times and call history.

Pros

The Service Fusion support team is very responsive and fairly quick to remedy problems and add new features. The app allows us to send jobs and work order requests to technicians in the field. The app also allows technicians and office staff to update notes and information in real-time. It offers everything needed to maintain a small to medium sized service company.

Cons

Updates to the platform are often rolled out with little to no warning. The platform is very stable, however, when it does go down, you are basically dead in the water until it's back up and running. They have back up servers for down time, but they operate at a much slower speed, impacting production during those rare instances.

Gloria
  • Industry: Consumer Services

easy to use, solid software, but some basic functions are missing or not working

Reviewed on 2018/07/08

Pros

We are a HVAC company and have been using Service Fusion daily for lead dispatching, quote, job dispatching. It is a solid software.

Cons

However, there is on basic functions not working. When filed worker add a new service address to an exiting customer in their mobile app, the address is not searchable anymore. This caused big problem for us, and I have been calling their customer support team many times. Everyone was polite , but my problems not solved. I suggested if they couldn't fix it in there application logic, they can create a simple SQL script to run in the backend database every night, to copy all new address to customer's profile. I couldn't see any reason why this is not doable.

I am writing a review here, hoping some one from higher level of the company can hear their customer's pain and solve the problem for me.

Morgan
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Critical errors with zero customer support

Reviewed on 2021/09/08

Pros

We have been using Service Fusion for about a year; coming from a completely paper system this was revolutionary. Great for field service managers and AR

Cons

The Fusion Pay has been a disaster. We have automated monthly invoices that double bill our customers, or don't bill them at all. I call on the 1st or 2nd day of every month for the last 5 months letting them know of these ongoing issues and asking for help or a resolve - 5 months later, still no answers or even calls back. In fact this month it seems to have gotten worse. This comes on the heels of an email letting me know they're bumping our bill up another $50 a month. I am paying close to $500 a month and am losing customers because we are double charging their credit cards. Tech support shrugs, doesn't seem to care.

ServiceTitan and WorkWave Route Manager

Reasons for Switching to Service Fusion

Seemed to do what I needed at a good price point. Good reviews on Capterra.
Martin

Service Fusion after 1year of use

Reviewed on 2023/03/02

So far the experience has been good , an as d appears to get better daily

So far the experience has been good , an as d appears to get better daily

Pros

The product is good for us because we are a small family owned business that growing in the automation era. Its friendly enough to allow growth and learning. There are still a lot of functions that we are still learning to use daily...

Cons

Being able to itemize products for the field technicians...

Jobber

Reasons for Switching to Service Fusion

Price and it has the features we use at this time.

Response from Service Fusion

Thank you for your feedback! We are striving to bring enhancements daily for better functionality. We hope you love what is coming this year!

Crysten

Great for small HVAC companies

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

Overall our experience with Service Fusion has been great. It's a tool that will do well for any small service company. I would love to see Service Fusion step up their partnership with larger organizations like ACCA and do more with their on boarding process. We were left to figuring out how to apply the tool to our own processes and how to get the tool to do things we wanted it to do for us. Service Fusion was there for us when we have questions, but a better on boarding process with a consultant to help us set up would have saved Service Fusion teams from less questions down the road and helped us ensure we're using the tool/setting up our own methods properly in the first place. I would still recommend Service Fusion to any small business like ours.

Pros

It's allowed our small business to get more connected with customers and create a better customer database along with new payment portals not available to us before. We are still learning the tool but we've already saved time regarding payroll and getting critical data in the hands of our Technicians when they are out in the field. Connecting the field to the office support team has been critical in ensuring we're providing our best selves to the end customer.

The Service Fusion team has been incredible! They are super supportive and answer any questions we have on any given day within minutes. They have helpful videos and go the extra mile to help in every aspect. Great Team!

Cons

While there are some incredible features that have helped us, there are some limitations and clunkiness that needs to be ironed out. The dispatching views are great but limited to size of screen - having to reduce the overall screen to see our entire team doesn't give us a view of the bigger picture. The phone app doesn't allow this larger picture of schedules when we're out of the office, however the dispatch does connect to Google Calendar to get it but still makes it so we're jumping through multiple clicks to get answers to customers on our availability when we're in the field.

Reporting on schedules and tracking schedules is somewhat limited. There is no good way to handle tracking paid time off (which we offer to our employees) so we are left to creating our own work arounds to track this. We run into our teams forgetting to track their time and needing to update their time on the back end - there are ways to get it updated, but it's clunky - multiple clicks through multiple areas isn't always transparent on method.

We have clients with multiple properties and while the tool supports this model, we would love for it to track the equipment to each property so we're not having to manually look this information up. For us being in HVAC, we need a way to track the size of the air filter for a few of our customers that own hundreds/thousands of properties. Being able to tie equipment to property would be huge.

Alex
  • Industry: Machinery

Very bad software company

Reviewed on 2023/05/09

my overall experience is poor. The system crashes weekly for hours. Support is slow. Problem solutions are non-existent. The maintenance agreement module is the worst attempt I've seen and completely useless. The limitations on importing information is horrible and their support staff takes over a week to update a live inventory count. In that time, you have to manually track ALL of your inventory moves and manually update it. The job labor section has no ability to charge sales tax. If you have a large inventory the sales tax on products will not function. They have NO offline functionality on the mobile app.

Pros

The custom documents and online customer portal brought me in. Some of the feature's work but we have had to develop more manual processes and "work arounds" The bones of this software is great. Its sad the company doesn't develop it better.

Cons

What they profess to sell you is inaccurate and onboarding personnel did a very poor job. They were very ill'-informed in their own product. I don't get the impression the owners are in touch with their customer's needs. Or maybe they just don't care.

Response from Service Fusion

We are sorry to hear you haven't loved your experience with Service Fusion. There are a ton of improvements coming in the second half of the year that address some of your concerns.

Brandon

There are a few functionality problems, but overall this product is fantastic for office life.

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Pros

This software has multiple highlights, the organization of the jobs, the visual cleanliness, easy to navigate menus and just an all round good software for small/large/fortune 500 companies.

Cons

The parts where this software lacks is in the non-admin or front-end abilities. Front-end cant batch delete, or batch enter information. I wish there was like an excel import option to bring lists in. Also, one thing that bugs me is when I set the records count to anything other then the default 10 per page, it resets whenever the page has to reload. Its like there are no cookies for individual use, only the software as a whole. Any settings I had set change back as soon as the page has to reload. Id like to see some minor improvements on the utilities and advanced options for customization for the individual not just the software as a whole.

Response from Service Fusion

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the review!

The setting to set your default list sizes is in Company Preferences, so you can increase it up to 100 items per page if you'd like. But I do see your broader point though and will work with our dev team on a possible solution.

Please feel free to send us any other feedback or ideas you may have. Virtually everything we produce is based on the feedback we receive from our customers.

-Max

CM

Beware of this Program!

Reviewed on 2021/05/06

Our experience with this company has been very poor. Our Company has been using Service Fusion for over a year. Please be aware that our experience with their customer support has been terrible. The program is buggy and Developers are slow to fix problems. You seldom hear back from them about the status of an issue. We have been unable to manage our inventory/books now for weeks because there are major bugs in that part of the program. The program is supposed to be integrated with Quick Books, but that has been a nightmare for us. We have been trying to get data to sync from Service Fusion to Quick Books for the past four months! No one returns our phone calls. We've even left messages for management and they won't respond to our phone calls. Customer support doesn't take responsibility for helping to find resolution to problems. If you value your business data, please think twice before you trust your information to this company!

Pros

General Interface is quite user friendly.

Cons

There are a lot of bugs in this software. The reporting is very limited and you can't get all of your data out of the system. Some of the reports are currently providing bad data and cannot be used. They are slow to fix issues and there is no customer service support.

Bryan
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Great for Scheduling

Reviewed on 2022/09/24

Overall experience is I absolutely love how easy it is to use and I can do everything from the program

Pros

The features I love most about this product is being able to see who the customer is and what troubles they are having with their alarm system. I also like the fact that I can click on the button that lets them know I’m in my way. I also like the fact I can handle all payments for the customer at the time of service.

Cons

One thing I don’t like is when I put in the time for the job and then click on job completed no invoice it resets the time so I have to go back in and adjust it

Response from Service Fusion

Bryan, we are so glad you are having such a great experience using Service Fusion! I will forward your suggestion to the product team. Please let us know if there are other ways we can help improve your experience.

Daryl

Functional but difficult to used and expensive

Reviewed on 2023/02/22

It's disappointing that the rates have increased 60% over the last two years without being informed.

Pros

I like the fact the service fusion integrates well with the mobile app allowing me to make changes on my phone as well and my computer.

Cons

I find that this software has somewhat difficult to use and does take a bit of effort to figure out how to utilize everything that it has to offer, however I will say that they have wonderful customer service willing to provide you with detailed walkthroughs and answer questions.

Response from Service Fusion

I suggest you take a look into joining our weekly live trainings! You will get trained over the administrative system, work flows, tech and module training in 60 minute phases. Check out the details here: https://servicefusion.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028700792-Live-Service-Fusion-Training-Sessions?fbclid=IwAR1sQXeZwlg_f3pnGCSas2aNmBE3efLu77EPGdyF1Pad9MxXzMq7YGvzn6k

KW
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Product is bursting with MAJOR bugs

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

We spend an incredible amount of time trying to figure out workarounds to bugs in their core modules like scheduling. The product is in desperate need of being rewritten - not patched.

Pros

There are no pros with a product that causes issues daily with running your business.

Cons

If you are thinking about subscribing to this product first ask to see the current bug list vs. the number of enhancements and new product features that have been pushed out (without testing - your company is their testing department). New product is pushed on a regular basis with no notice but major bugs are never addressed. Service Fusion has the customers "vote" on what bugs they would like fixed - can you imagine competing with other customers to have bugs fixed. Who has the time or desire to read through/interpret 1000+ customer reported bugs. Ask how many developers they have working just on bugs vs. those working on new software. This will tell you everything you need to know.

Mary

A Mostly Good Program

Reviewed on 2023/02/21

Mostly, this program is wonderful. The only complaint I have is the interface with our accounting software.

Pros

Service Fusion is super easy to implement and use. The features, i.e. Dispatching, going from estimate to work order to invoicing is seamless.

Cons

We have to use this with Quickbooks Online. Some of the invoices do not go autimatically over to Quickbooks. If there is any "line item - imputed" the invoice will not go to Quickbooks at all. If there is a discount applied, it will not go to Quickbooks. This is honestly the only problem we have had with the program.

Response from Service Fusion

Thank you for your honest review. Please contact support about your issues with Quickbooks. They will be more than willing to take a look at what you are experiencing.

Dixie
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Amazing Software !!

Reviewed on 2023/02/21

Wonderful ! Couldn't do my job without it .

Wonderful ! Couldn't do my job without it .

Pros

It is very simple to use . It keeps up with all my Invoices and Estimates . I can change and delete anything needed or not needed . I have yet to have this system fail on me . Great way to keep track of everything.

Cons

That it doesn't allow you to click back to where you were it takes you completely back to the job board.

Response from Service Fusion

We are so glad to hear Service Fusion is helping to make your business run more efficiently. Thank you for the review!

Ryan

Best One Out There

Reviewed on 2016/10/27

We have tried over 20 different CRM, and Field Service programs over the past year with various success. Service Fusion is by far the best product we have tried. We almost instantly fell in love with it. The admin staff boasts about how easy it is to use. The automated text message to clients indicating that you are on the way is brilliant. Our invoicing process is seamless now with the automated functions, and it syncs well with Quickbooks (a must for us). The product is outstanding, but so is the customer service.

A couple of areas that need improvement are:
- integration with google calendar
- options to push forms into clients file from other apps on android (maybe there is?)
- better CRM and Sales related functionality (I hear Q1 2017)
- easier set-up of zones for booking in specific areas
- in app distance measure for new client address from already scheduled jobs, or some sort of intuitive date selection (I know I'm asking a lot)

Overall, you won't find a better scheduling, and field service app out there. I have tried so many and have often been left very disappointed. The price point is really good, the product works really well creating a better experience for our Customers.

Pros

Ease of use, price point, automated text to customer updates, excellent quickbooks sync, invoicing, billing options, layout, customer service,

Cons

Lacks google products integration, Limited Sales Pipeline, CRM Functionality,

Stacey

D&D Garage Doors

Reviewed on 2023/03/06

It was overwhelming getting started and having all our data moved over, but it is a smooth system and there support staff was helpfule

Pros

the live information is helpful for accurate scheduling

Cons

They need to update the payment portion, Service Fusion to have a credit card swipe system for office and mobile use

Response from Service Fusion

Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will find future enhancements helpful for your concerns.

Joey

Great Program

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

Pros

I love how technicians are able to use the app to update disposition of work orders, leave pictures and notes - this is very helpful for the office. The platform is very easy to use.

Cons

This software offers a little less than some of the more popular programs but you definitely get the best value using this program.

Matthew
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Vintage Electric Approves

Reviewed on 2022/09/09

Pros

Customer creation, work order creation, scheduling, invoicing, estimating, products, and services are at your fingertips. Labor costs are down work performance is better than most with these simple items. Customers are happy when they are able to witness these couple of things.

Cons

The constant changes. Once we get adjusted to certain ways we are using service fusion, something changes without warning. Give an option button to see if we like the change and can go back to the original way it works

Response from Service Fusion

Matthew, we are so happy to be part of keeping your customers happy. We will be sure to pass your suggestion along to the product team. Thanks so much for your review!