Eventzilla

Online event ticketing, registration and management software

Chris P.
  • Industry: Events Services

A must have for events!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Eventzilla is my go to for all my events. It has allowed me to expand my business and offer customers a quick and easy way to sign up for my events.

Pros

Ease of use, lots of features to match a variety of events. Easy to customize and personalize.

Cons

Would like some additional customization features.

Bradley M.

Great replacement for Eventbrite

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Fantastic

Pros

Robust set of features, Stripe integration for instant payouts

Cons

A bit less intuitive than Eventbrite, but not prohibitive

Tyler B.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Easy to use, lacks some functionality

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Overall experience is good, but I did need to move to a more robust solution (and more expensive) to get all the features I need.

Pros

The price is right, and for simple events, it is great. When you have more options, their form builder becomes limiting.

Cons

Difficult to configure with the form builder

Ashley A.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Eventzilla Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

It's been decent.

Pros

I like that if you aren't charging for an event, that the registration is FREE.

Cons

It's been a challenge to take out the money for the events we have charged for since you switched from PayPal. We still have money sitting in an account from eventzilla last summer because our office admin doesn't think she should have to give her personal SSID number to take out church funds.

Paul C.

The Good and the Not So Good - Feature Rich and Affordable

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

Affordable event management application that was quick to get up and running

Pros

Cost - It's cheaper for events then most other solutions, Ticket Pricing - great with coupons and volume discounts, CheckIn - easy with the mobile phone applications, Check Out and Purchase - straight forward and the event pages are pretty good

Cons

We run 30 events or more a year. Our issue is that someone registers or purchases a ticket to an event but can't remember which one. There is no way to search all our event registrations at once, you will need to go into each event and search. This is very frustrating and time consuming. The event page looks great but adding formatted text can be a bit tricky. There were a few events where trying to get the formatting correct was awful and challenging - we just had to go with straight text only approach. When viewing all events there is no option to sort events - alphabetically, dates, etc. it would be great to be able to do this and to sort descending or ascending to find events more quickly. When an order is PENDING (meaning it hasn't been paid for online) the attendee doesn't show up in the attendees report until the order for the registration is PAID. We would prefer to have the attendee list contain a column that indicates if the ticket is paid for or not. That way the mobile registration app could alert us more quickly about payment status.

Gerald U.

5 stars all the way...

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

I recommend big time...
What a great service and easy to use. Further, you get your cash NOW, no need to wait at the end of the event. Customer support is awesome. Bang for the buck...

Pros

Everything...

Cons

Need french version option upon registration

Response from Eventzilla

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for choosing Eventzilla for your event registration needs.

Great feedback about displaying the language selection option on registration. We plan on implementing you feedback in the next release.

Thanks again.
Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

Kira W.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great alternative to EventBrite

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Overall I like EventZilla better than EventBrite. Not only for the cost (we are an official non-profit and giving even a small % is a lot to us), but also for the number of features that we get for that cost.

Additionally, adding different types of tickets is really helpful because we can accommodate certain scenarios with our students without having to manually manage different, common ticket scenarios (e.g., reduced cost).

Pros

I used EventBrite, but switched to EventZilla and continued to use EventZIlla because I feel the following is a better value for my money:
- Seemingly more features
- More customization of my event
- Better admin/management features of the individual events as well as the account as a whole
- Analytics on events

Cons

- Setting up the payment was a little bit "round about" in understanding how to do so
- Refunding/Canceling orders was confusing. The help document did not provide enough clarity.
- Inability to transfer registrations between events without refunding money.

Response from Eventzilla

Thanks Kira for sharing your feedback.

We are thrilled to have you on-board.

Our product management team will review the items you had mentioned on your review and add it to your continuous improvement roadmap.

Thanks again.
- Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

Edgar R.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Big Ticket Platform For Any Size Event

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

We run many cultural events and performances, all free of charge. So we needed a professional solution for ticket handling that solves many logistic issues, starting with ticket sale windows, personel, ticket printing and event entrance control. With Eventzilla we solved all these issues and many more. Social marketing gets boosted on the fly and post event CRM is pretty cool and helpful also.

Pros

Everything! It's really easy to set up and to customize your event tickets. Plus the fact that you can do check-ins with a barcode scanner or your mobile phone gives your attendees a much better impression of your events. Social media promotion is a great plus, but getting feedback from your attendees with customizable surveys gives Eventzilla a big plus over other ticket software.

Cons

No sitting map configuration yet. Other than that, everything is great.

Kati G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

PIDX International Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Pros

User-friendly interface, good options, good customer support

Cons

1. Some bugs in software, features sometimes do not save and revert to previous setting.

2. Sent our scheduled event survey at random time (not when it was scheduled).

Anna D.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great way to manage and set up an event!

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

We love that Eventzilla allows you to make your own questions as part of registration in order to correctly collect all of the data needed to ensure we are set up. Highly recommended!

Pros

I love that Eventzilla is a trusted site that has been around for 9 years. It offers setting up the event, sending invites, collecting payments, as well as tracks attendance to give you great data.

Cons

We had a glitch a few years ago with the ticket posting, but it was corrected. Very few errors, great product. Well worth it!

Melissa M.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Feedback

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

So far I’ve had a good experience few kinks but overall it does what I need and the fees are low compared to other sites..

Pros

It’s fast and efficient and my customers don’t have issues With purchasing tickets

Cons

That I can’t add photos for me Merchandise add ons...

Paul C.

Robust solution and gives us the features we were missing from other registration vendors.

Reviewed on 2017/04/30

Not having to build our own registration system, downloadable reports

Pros

The product covers all our must-have features. Paying to remove the logo and branding is something to consider for a more professional approach to the registration page. There are a lot of features to choose for customization.

Cons

The total count of registrations on the dashboard only displays that count of CONFIRMED and PAID registrations. It would be nice to see the PAID versus UNPAID registrations. By Unpaid registrations, I am referring to those registrations that are requesting to pay at the door or pay by invoice. Having that on the dashboard would make it easier for event managers to see a larger picture of what to expect on the event day (how many people are showing up to make a payment on the day of the event) to help with staffing at the registration desk.

It would be an improvement to pay a yearly fee to remove Eventzilla branding and logos from ALL events we schedule. We currently have 18 events and it was overwhelming for our finance folks to get 18 invoices for the fee to remove Eventzilla branding.

Joshua L.
  • Industry: Sports

A great easy to use "affordable" ticketing platform.

Reviewed on 2017/04/26

I find the workflow easy, and I like that eventzilla keep their naming conventions standardized - there are no tabs with misleading names (which leads to much less menu-diving) - overall 5/5

Pros

Workflows are easy to figure out and editing on the fly is great - most other systems lock you in to a "Generated Inventory" - so if you make a typo or have to change to STOP SELL date you can't do those on the fly edits like you can with Eventzilla

Cons

An aggregated Order/Attendee report would be great! We normally have to print both to get all the details together (for our use-case).

• Industry: Events Services
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Eventzille Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

I had a problem with funds from ticket sales being available before the event date launch....which is important if ticket sales are a primary revenue base to pay entertainment

Pros

The software was very easy to navigate and I especially enjoyed the ease of use of the invite. Everything linked up perfectly , there were no errors at all related to functionality.

Cons

I would have to say in comparison to Eventbrite , Eventzilla wasn't as connected to the google search engines as immediately as Eventbrite. I expected to be live on the web search engines much sooner then I was.

Izabela S.

Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

Pros

Convenience of accessing it anywhere, PayPal integration

Cons

Cumbersome user interface, does not adapt well to mobile.

Katie F.

Too Many Glitches and Poor Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Customer service is poor. They ignore your emails and requests.

Pros

I like that this program is somewhat easy to use. There are a lot of features. I especially like that you can clone an event rather than re-writing the entire thing for repeat eevnts

Cons

too many glitches. sometimes, I'm not able to type in the boxes and need to sign out in order for me to re-start. Sometimes, I'm not able to publish my drafts, or they publish and then unpublish themselves. My account has been suspended. Granted, they fixed it but they ignored my multiple emails asking why my account was suspended in the first place. I pay for this program and do not appreciate that you cannot get in contact with customer service on the phone.

Joek V.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Just works. Easy setup in minutes for both free and paid events.

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

The number one reason Eventzilla is way better than competition is the immediate availability of fees collected. This means you get your money while your making the costs, and not months later.

Cons

If you really want a con I can say that I would like the management of discount codes easier.
The overview gives little information (ticket type / validity / discount offered)

Mark Y.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

One more area for additional names.

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

It does the trick for now.

Pros

I always have a guest with the person who is attending the events but it has a place for registration for one and not their guest. It just has a plus one.

Cons

It was ok, I just think it should be easier for the guest name to be added.

Jennifer S.

Eventzilla for Yoga Retreats

Reviewed on 2018/12/29

Pros

This software is easy to use and my clients navigated it with ease.

Cons

Eventzilla recently had a huge increase in their prices. Because of that my company had to stop using their software.

Jeanette M.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Eventzilla for event planning

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

It is the best product on the market for large event planning

Pros

Free and pretty user friendly. You can set up an event in less than 30 minutes.

Cons

Cost for registrants is a little bit high

Steve B.

A great service for online registration

Reviewed on 2015/10/09

We used Eventzilla for registration for a trivia night fundraiser, and it was exactly what we needed. The event page is quick and easy to set up, and there are many options for tickets, handling payments, etc. The fee is simple and straightforward. All tables were sold online before the event. Credit card payments worked great through our PayPal account. I only had two minor issues. First, I would like a little more control over the format of the event page. Second, the event owner needs to be notified about incomplete orders. We found out that one person thought they were registered but their order was in an incomplete state, which we did not know about and could not find a cause. Fortunately we found this before the event sold out. So, it is a good idea to monitor the incomplete/abandoned orders. Otherwise, this service works well and is easy to use.

Susan D.

Event Management Multi-Tasking Support

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Fast, intuitive setup; great support from CHAT; lot of great features... so far, so good!

Pros

I was looking for software that would support multiple events (workshops and webinars) and allow me to manage complex registrations (several promo codes) as well as send reminders to attendees without me having to remember. This system solved that. I got up and running within a couple of hours setting up 4 events. Had a few questions but CHAT support addressed them the next day. So, it supports complex needs yet is fairly intuitive to use.

Cons

Like anything, I'd like to get the "biggest bang" for my buck. It is less expensive per ticket sold than Eventbrite but since I am just starting, have yet to see how it is "in action". At a certain point, I'd prefer to pay by subscription rather than per ticket if sales increase.

Brent A.

Good program as long as you don't have limited seating for your event.

Reviewed on 2016/01/12

Pros: Fairly simple to set up, seems simple for attendees to use, multiple views of attendee data, ability to email attendees. I like the export function because it allows me to save the attendee data in Excel and manipulate it to suit my needs. Customer Service via chat was prompt and effective.

Cons: Does not work for events with limited seating due to "pending" tickets not being pulled from seating totals. Anyone choosing to pay at the door ends up in "pending" unless you manually confirm the ticket. If you do, it puts that customer in with those who have paid and you have no way of identifying them at check-in. A couple of times before our event I had to go in and adjust the number of available tickets to compensate for the "pending" attendees.

Too many attendees had trouble with the payment process and ended up on the "incomplete/abandoned" list. From what I gather from attendees, many thought they had to have a PayPal account when they got to the payment page, so they backed out. A PayPal account is not required for payment processing since we have an account. Somehow the interface should be reviewed to avoid confusing potential attendees.

Customer service via chat was prompt and effective. I'm still waiting for an email response to a question I was promised, but now our event is over.

There should be a way to move attendees that end up on the "incomplete/abandoned" list to the "pending" list if they have chosen to pay at the gate.

Ericus S.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Eventzilla is the app to organize your events

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

We were able to utilize the tickets. But we only used the free version so we couldn't take advantage of some features. Still, it allowed us to organize the invites and monitor them as well.

Pros

It was mostly easy to use. And it had that limited free version that we tried out for our event. It really helped us with the event and showed me how useful the features are.

Cons

Payment options weren't easy to understand. Then again, I'm from the Philippines so the system here is expectedly different from other countries.

Crystal T.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Free and Easy

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

I use Eventzilla to track and manage customer events. It is a great free tool.

Pros

Eventzilla is a great, free way to send invitations in a professional manner.

Cons

The features can sometimes be a little confusing to use and sometimes when I upload a photo it takes several attempts before saving and showing up on the invitation.