Eventzilla

Online event ticketing, registration and management software

4,4
4,5
Chris P.
Industry: Events Services

A must have for events!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Eventzilla is my go to for all my events. It has allowed me to expand my business and offer customers a quick and easy way to sign up for my events.

Pros

Ease of use, lots of features to match a variety of events. Easy to customize and personalize.

Cons

Would like some additional customization features.

Karyn S.
Industry: Education Management

Great event solution with robust features

Reviewed on 2020/01/17

This enabled us to look professional when ticketing for events and helped us keeping events organized and secure.

Pros

Eventzilla is a great solution for event management. The ticketing feature is awesome and the event tracking tools are very useful. It is easy to setup events and customize the event forms to capture the data you want from the guests. Admission at the door is easy using printed or mobile codes to scan.

Cons

I would have liked to be able to customize the confirmation email with the free version, but I am impressed with the solution overall.

Brianne C.
Industry: Food & Beverages
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great for Virtual events as well

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Great, use it yearly.

Pros

Being able to have a ticket system that collects the info for us and also allows us to email attendees. Useful for updates and then even follow up surveys. I also love the different ticket options. Different "tiers" of tickets along with cut off dates makes having our conventions that much easier.

Cons

Nothing that I have noticed yet. Keep it up

Bradley M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great replacement for Eventbrite

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Fantastic

Pros

Robust set of features, Stripe integration for instant payouts

Cons

A bit less intuitive than Eventbrite, but not prohibitive

Felicia M.
Industry: Entertainment

Way Better Than Eventbrite!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/10/22

I'm glad I found this software. Lots of options and functionality.

Pros

I like Eventzilla most because you are able to receive your cash right away as opposed to waiting a week or two after your event.

Cons

No one really likes to pay fees but Eventzilla's fees are reasonable.

Metis R.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: Self Employed

Best option for my business.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/06/19

I am a dog trainer that hosts yearly workshops where I want people to be able to register and pay online. Eventzilla was easy to set up and get started, and my clients found it easy to use as well.

Pros

Able to customize payouts.

Easy to refund customers.

Cons

Like most of the other options, the cost.

Mayowa A.

Easy to create events.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

Eventzilla makes it easy to create events and customize how I want my event page to look like.
It has a simple interface, making it easy for attendees to register for events.
I am also able to send messages to my attendees all at once.

Cons

I have had trouble paying for event tickets in time past on Eventzilla. Apart from the issues with payment , Eventzilla does a good job in every other area.

Mitch G.
Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

It has been good so far with a few frustrations of not understanding the ticket setup. Customer service has been pretty responsive.

Pros

I liked that it was easy to setup a new event. The step by step process explains most of what is needed, especially for simple events.

Cons

The reporting is not the best and trying to have different ticket options in terms of limiting amount of tickets sold per timesolt. It is not so easy to set up.

Phillip L.
Industry: Sports

July 2020 - Quality of Product is Declining (user over 2 years)

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/07/08

I used to LOVE this system but now it has gone to $#IT. Going elsewhere.

Pros

I really enjoyed the simplicity of the previous system. It was powerful in all the right ways - mass communication with HTML capabilities, order and attendee sorting, third-party merchant services integration, easy to use event page layout designer, etc...

All of the above have slowly declined in reliability and there are many glitches in the system now.

Cons

1. Setting ticket sales dates do not work accurately and are off by DAYS.
2. Ticket sales quantities are no longer registering and have caused issues with overselling, thus having to manually refund.
3. Glitches in sold out capacities where new ticket sales show up as "sold out" immediately.
4. Customer service response times used to be a few days, now I don't even get a follow up. Their chats are bots that seem to go to nobody now.
5. The reformatted their system design to be more visual, but it does not sort events at all so if you have more than 20 events in log, they easily get lost in the long scrolling format.
6. Their HTML based mass email form has now started to glitch and ticket buyers receive HTML code instead of what it should look like.
7. Ticket purchasers intermittently do not receive their PDF tickets.
8. Sometimes ticket purchasers get charged twice for one ticket.

This used to be competitively priced with strong and reliable features. This no longer serves as an efficient system for ticket sales as it requires A LOT more manual entries and putting out fires due to glitches in the system.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Industry: Retail

Easy to Use, Great for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

Overall positive experience.

Pros

The platform is very intuitive and easy to use. Setting up events is quick and straightforward. Events are customizable, which is nice as we hold many kinds of events (in-person, online, etc.). We've been very happy with it - it's helped our small team manage events without complication or hassle.

Cons

We've only had one issue where the Facebook link was not working correctly, but the customer service team helped me rectify the problem quickly. It would be nice to add a speaker or company's LinkedIn or Instagram profiles in addition to Twitter and Facebook.

Paul C.
Industry: E-Learning

The Good and the Not So Good - Feature Rich and Affordable

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/08/29

Affordable event management application that was quick to get up and running

Pros

Cost - It's cheaper for events then most other solutions, Ticket Pricing - great with coupons and volume discounts, CheckIn - easy with the mobile phone applications, Check Out and Purchase - straight forward and the event pages are pretty good

Cons

We run 30 events or more a year. Our issue is that someone registers or purchases a ticket to an event but can't remember which one. There is no way to search all our event registrations at once, you will need to go into each event and search. This is very frustrating and time consuming. The event page looks great but adding formatted text can be a bit tricky. There were a few events where trying to get the formatting correct was awful and challenging - we just had to go with straight text only approach. When viewing all events there is no option to sort events - alphabetically, dates, etc. it would be great to be able to do this and to sort descending or ascending to find events more quickly. When an order is PENDING (meaning it hasn't been paid for online) the attendee doesn't show up in the attendees report until the order for the registration is PAID. We would prefer to have the attendee list contain a column that indicates if the ticket is paid for or not. That way the mobile registration app could alert us more quickly about payment status.

Fritz R.
Industry: Sports

Great Event Management Software

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

I have used for years for both a High School Reunion and several golf tournaments. It works well. Keeps the Management of attendees.

Pros

Allows you to quickly setup an event, set the Venue, Set the Tickets. Accept Payments. Notifies you of Purchases. Generally a one stop for the Event. It can handle any type of event.

Cons

Did not find it sooner. Would be better if you could spread payments using WEPAY instead of PayPal.

It may be a feature but I have not found it. That would be a General Ticket is taken down by a 4 Ticket Purchase. I use Eventzilla for a golf tournament but I have several tickets that are for 4 golfers. We also sell singles. I would like it if I could reduce the Single Player count when a Foursome was purchased. I now do that manually.

Jennifer F.

Relatively easy to use. Your Eventzilla home page can provide you with lots of useful information!

Reviewed on 2015/11/14

I used Eventzilla for a 20 year Nursing School reunion. I am not a professional party planner, just a mere mortal with limited computer skills and a desire to see long-lost friends. This website was perfect for us! Attendees could easily pay with a credit card. You then have to set up an account with PayPal (or similar) to have the money deposited into that account. The Eventzilla fee was a dollar per ticket sold. The fee with Paypal was 2.9% of whatever you are charging for your "ticket" plus 30 cents. Setting up the website was fairly easy, although somewhat time consuming (as any website would be). You can get all sorts of helpful information from your home page about website traffic, aborted ticket sales, etc. If you are selling tickets to something and trying to make money doing so (not the case for me) I can see where this info would be very helpful. I did have to contact customer service one time. I was surprised that there is no phone number to call, only an email address. They did respond to my question quickly, and gave me the information I was looking for.

My one complaint, is how the page looks where payment takes place. My attendees would decide how many tickets they were purchasing then click the next button. No prob. On the next page they would fill out their personal info so I would know who was purchasing the ticket, then click the next button. No prob. This next page shows a confirmation number with their name. Next to their name they are to pick a payment method (either Paypal or credit card). This payment area is not set up in a clear fashion. That, coupled with the confirmation number, meant quite a few people thought that they were good to go, but in fact, were not, because they hadn't paid! My suggestion is to NOT give a confirmation number before payment is received as well as revamp the look of the payment screen.

Having said that, I would definitely use Eventzilla again. If they could fix the payment screen, they would be darn near perfect.

Kathy B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Eventzilla saves us money for our Non-profit

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

Pros

I like the ease to use this program and the costs

Cons

I wish they had more features for tracking those who attend our events in the free package

Cathy R.

Easy and automated

Reviewed on 2017/03/23

We like this site for its ease of use, but would love the options to search for attendees by name and allow attendees to cancel their own registrations.

Pros

Free service, automated emails to participants and organizers, looks good, easy for participants to use.

Cons

Would like the option to search for participants by name since we host so many events. We would also like a clearer explanation to participants as to how to cancel their own registration.

Response from Eventzilla

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for choosing Eventzilla for your event registration needs.

1. We do have plans to improve the name search - in the coming weeks, so you can find attendees easily.

2. Attendee self-service is live now. Attendees can view and download their tickets easily.

In the near future, we are adding options using which attendees can edit or cancel their registrations - when it is enabled by event organizers.

Thanks again,
Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

Denise S.

The software has gotten better over time. It is not the most intuitive but it certainly gets the job

Reviewed on 2017/07/05

Pros

I am able to imbed registration linking on to my website. And it works well with PayPal. It isn't hugely expensive.

Cons

That the software doesn't recognize ticketing levels correctly. For example if you have a max registration of 10 and you have deposit, 1sr installment and 2nd installment registration ticket levels, the system will show sold out when 7 deposits, and 3 1st installments are made even though there are 3 spaces left. This is very annoying.

Jonathan G.
Company size: Self Employed

Check out Eventzilla - it is excellent and affordable

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

I found Eventzilla after trying its main competitor - and seeing how expensive they were! Now, I am hooked.

Pros

So easy to use, cost is significantly less than the main competition, a great option for your organizing your events!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind - it has everything you need in an event platform.

Gerald U.
Industry: Entertainment

5 stars all the way...

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

I recommend big time...
What a great service and easy to use. Further, you get your cash NOW, no need to wait at the end of the event. Customer support is awesome. Bang for the buck...

Pros

Everything...

Cons

Need french version option upon registration

Response from Eventzilla

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for choosing Eventzilla for your event registration needs.

Great feedback about displaying the language selection option on registration. We plan on implementing you feedback in the next release.

Thanks again.
Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

Kira W.

Great alternative to EventBrite

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Overall I like EventZilla better than EventBrite. Not only for the cost (we are an official non-profit and giving even a small % is a lot to us), but also for the number of features that we get for that cost.

Additionally, adding different types of tickets is really helpful because we can accommodate certain scenarios with our students without having to manually manage different, common ticket scenarios (e.g., reduced cost).

Pros

I used EventBrite, but switched to EventZilla and continued to use EventZIlla because I feel the following is a better value for my money:
- Seemingly more features
- More customization of my event
- Better admin/management features of the individual events as well as the account as a whole
- Analytics on events

Cons

- Setting up the payment was a little bit "round about" in understanding how to do so
- Refunding/Canceling orders was confusing. The help document did not provide enough clarity.
- Inability to transfer registrations between events without refunding money.

Response from Eventzilla

Thanks Kira for sharing your feedback.

We are thrilled to have you on-board.

Our product management team will review the items you had mentioned on your review and add it to your continuous improvement roadmap.

Thanks again.
- Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

Marcellina D.
Industry: Research

A user friendly, visually friendly-ish tool that could use some updates

Reviewed on 2017/04/26

We've been using Eventzilla for quarterly classes and event registrations. There are bugs in the system we don't like, but we've figured out a way around some of them to make it work for us. I took on the task of managing the tool without any training provided to me and it's been relatively easy to pick up as the site options are pretty intuitive. The tool has some limitations such as not being able to track sent messages, like when you've notified someone to complete their registration, or when you've notified someone on your waitlist that they can register. Another thing that bothers me is it will not allow us to overbook an event as the the administrator, which means if you cap your event, you have to go through a lengthy and risky process of opening registration up again to the public if you want to register someone on the back-end after your event has reached max cap or it's past the registration deadline. This is something we have to do a lot and it is time-consuming. Overall the tool is useful and pretty user-friendly, but we would like to have better email tracking and customer tracking abilities and will be exploring other options.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Very little if any tracking capabilities.

Tracy F.
Industry: Government Administration

Versatile event registration site

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Eventzilla has been a great tool for my organization for organizing workshops, open houses, and other events.

Pros

I like that Eventzilla has a lot of options for my events. I can customize all of the details, as well as ticket types, registration details/questions, response emails, reminder frequency, etc. It gets me the information I need to collect data on my registrants and understand my audience better.

Cons

The software is a little cumbersome at times. Some of the great features are pretty hidden and you really have to look for them. The text box fields are also a little tricky sometimes - especially if you copy and paste formatted text. The text boxes allow for text editing and style options, but it is easy to get weird lingering formatting to stick and make things look funky.

Carol H.

Eventzilla Review - Springboro Chamber of Commerce

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Excellent system, we have used for about 4 years.

Pros

Ease of use, fast response time, immediate posting, easy to clone events and copy events, edit events and use to register for our members.

Cons

I dislike sometimes that the system is down during the week. I understand sometimes maintenance has to be done, just wish it would be done in the evenings, or on the weekends.

Cindy H.
Industry: Education Management

It has worked wonderfully for my business.

Reviewed on 2017/11/23

This software is excellent for our purpose. Easy to edit, delete, clone, do attendance. The mobile app is excellent. I have had no changes that I could not figure out. It is very user friendly!

Pros

It is so easy to modify and add to! When I have to delete and re-enter due to a typo, it is very simple to edit. Very user-friendly! Love the mobile app. It is so handy when doing attendance. I really like all of it.

Vincent Y.
Industry: Hospitality

Six Events Experience

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Although this service will improve and has potential to be very good, I would recommend you look at other programs such as Eventbrite and take some notes from their business model. They are very efficient and work very seamless without lag. Although I like your event customizing much better than Eventbrite, the rest has been just off mark. Again, I am sure you will improve over time with feedback such as this.

Pros

Great promise with intuitive layout and customize able layout.

Cons

Reports and real time operation. When a report is ran, it should be able to be opened within a minute or less. Not be told that it will be emailed when ready. Sometimes it took a few minutes, other times, it took hours or never was emailed. Changes when customizing the event were not quick and sometimes had to wait 5 minutes or more for them to lock in, even after refreshing the cache. Payments would need to post before tickets were issued, and constant complaints from customers that would not receive their tickets and verified by us as well. Real time purchasing information was a let down as well as the app.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Jason S.

Eventzilla

Reviewed on 2016/08/04

We used the software for about 1 year, as a registration method for a large convention. Overall, the software works well, but there are some flaws, especially with payment methods offered.

Pros

Ease of tracking total numbers of registrants. The ability to download as an excel file at the end, to manipulate into the sign-in sheets that worked best for us.

Cons

The payment methods offered were limited, and not customizable. Also, PayPal was the "online payment method", but PayPal has serious issues with anyone trying to use their cell phone to pay (instead of a laptop/pc). Also, if someone needed a registration modified (name changes, email changes, etc.) it was extremely time consuming and frustrating to do.