Pinpointe On-Demand Reviews

Pinpointe On-Demand

Advanced-feature email marketing for less

4.7/5 (40 reviews)

Pinpointe is perfect for creating emails that outperform the competition because of higher deliverability rates, pre-flight tools & robust reporting

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Pros

I have worked with Pinpointe for over 6 years and they have always been super responsive to our needs. The UI is logical and easy to use with extraordinary reporting and statistics. Their support team is extremely helpful and knowledgeable with responses generally received within an hour. The deliverability is also better than any other system we have tested and they include great testing tools allowing for multi-variant/split testing. My favorite tool is the inbox preview which shows you 25+ inboxes and includes a pre-flight spam checker.

Currently I am using their Enterprise edition which allows me to create dedicated sub accounts with an administrator account and additional configuration options. I have 3 of my clients on the platform and all of them are very impressed with the delivery and reporting they are receiving.

Cons

They don't have a price point that is competitive for small senders, nor do they have a free account. Their target is higher volume and Enterprise

The Campaign Builder is very easy to use and intuitive, however I would like to see additional templates added or more options for layouts within these templates.

Christopher B.

Recommend to all my clients, easy to use, easy to setup, super helpful team, very responsive

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Pros

Background: I'm a freelance developer who does a lot of web development for companies, usually working with marketing. As such, I get a lot of requests about tools they can use for email marketing, SEO, etc. Pinpointe is my number one recommendation for email marketing.

- The UI is easy to use and the system has a very simple interface
- Statistics reporting is thorough and provides a lot of information (they are adding more with each update)
- Support is helpful. You usually get a reply within an hour and the support staff have the ability to escalate issues quickly to the development team. I've never run into an issue that they couldn't help me workaround until officially fixed.
- Deliverability has been better than other systems I've tested
- Great range of tools for improving send results - split testing, inbox previewing, spam checker
- Has an Enterprise option (at least one of my clients specifically requested this and uses it)

Cons

The biggest drawbacks I've heard from my clients is that Pinpointe doesn't have a price point for small senders (eg sending only a few emails a month), nor a free account for VERY small senders. They are great for large volume and enterprise senders though.

Also, they offer a WYSIWYG and a drag-and-drop campaign builder. The drag-and-drop builder is fun to use and is really true to what you see on the screen, but it could use some additional templates.

Eryn B.

Pinpointe Is Like Constant Contact On Steroids

Reviewed on 2014/05/30

I am a marketing consultant that primarily services B2B clients in the mid-market space. Many of my clients require email marketing as a part of their marketing strategy' from campaign planning, to creation, to tracking and reporting. For over 5 years I have recommended and used Pinpointe's robust email marketing software solution due to its advanced features and easy-to-use platform. Pinpointe has made it easy for both me and my clients to effectively manage all aspects of email marketing.

Overall, Pinpointe is very easy to use. One of the things I really love about the platform is it's built-in email designer. You can either use one of Pinpointe's mobile responsive email templates (they have over 1000) or easily create your own. I often edit directly in their WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor and then check my email design with their preview tool ' which shows you how your email will look in 50+ email clients. The nice thing is that if your email doesn't view properly in an email client, Pinpointe provides you with recommendations to fix it.

Pinpointe's customer service is also TOP NOTCH!!! Pinpointe is one of the most responsive ESP's and their team is always VERY HELPFUL and professional.

I have also been very impressed with Pinpointe's features, which are updated as technology evolves. Advanced automation, A/b (and beyond) testing, SPAM score checker, lead capture forms, and superior reporting and tracking are just a few (but I could go on and on).

Pinpointe does have a few cons. I am a bit frustrated with one aspect of their design editor. I often times use custom colors in an email design that match my clients' brand. Unfortunately Pinpointe's design editor doesn't store recently used colors, so I have to continually put the hex codes in.

Pinpointe also updates their features and functionality a lot. This is a good thing, but I wish they did a better job of letting me know.

Overall, Pinpointe not only provides me (and my clients) with all the email marketing tools I need to easily create, send and evaluate email marketing campaigns, but they're also very reliable and have never failed me in five years plus I have used them. Campaigns go out when they are scheduled and I can always count on accurate reporting stats.

Lolita A.

We have been using Pinpointe for our email marketing efforts since 2011.

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

We use this software constantly to promote our different educational offerings as well as to reach our client base with unique messaging. It is easy to train someone on how to use the platform and the service is very reliable.

Pros

Pinpointe is a complete service with practical tools and options, analytics, and comprehensive functionality. We've had many different needs over the past six years and Pinpointe has been able to address them all. The support is a great feature too as the Pinpointe team is responsive and helpful.

Cons

There is really not anything I would consider as a shortfall with Pinpointe except that sometimes the WYSIWYG editor is not as friendly as it could be. I think this is the case across the board and not anything unique to Pinpointe.

Lisa F.

Pinpointe offers amazing tools that make it easy for me to send emails to my customers.

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Pros

Pinpointe has ready-made templates that I can customize, so creating an email takes me seconds not hours.

The automation features save me a ton of time. I can create emails ahead of time and schedule them to deliver or I can automate emails based on what my subscribers do. When subscribers click on links in my emails, for example, I let that action trigger a follow-up email.

Pinpointe has an image library so I don't have to spend time finding an image, saving it and sizing it. I just pick an image and add it to my message.

I love, love the testing feature. I was a little hesitant to use it at first. I wasn't sure how much of a difference it would make - but it did! Pinpointe even conducts the test for me and sends the winning campaign to my subscribers. I don't have to sign in, review the results, and send the email - Pinpointe does it for me.

The metrics are easy to understand. I've used other platforms that spit out reports that mean nothing to me, but Pinpointe's are easy to grasp. I can look at big-picture stats or I can get more specific if I want.

Vincent M.

Great Product - With Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2017/11/27

I use it for sales of my product and advertising my loan programs to realtors all over the state of Florida.

Pros

I have used the Pinpointe Product for over a year and I have have a great experience and wonderful results. An error on my part and a change to my account had me ready to cancel. When i explained my problem to (cust rep). He not only straitened out my problem, but showed me how to get better results from my campaigns. He not only called back promptly, but suggested solutions I had not considered. I just want to say thank you to rep and Pinpointe.

Cons

The only change I would make is to have a speed control on sending out email campaigns. I find the slower they are sent during a day, the better response.

Justina C.

Easy to use with a lot of great features.

Reviewed on 2017/09/29

Great quality product at a very reasonable cost.

Pros

The software is intuitive and is easy for all of our staff to use. My favorite part about the software is being able to immediately see who has been rejected from list uploads and why (previous hard bounces, known spam, unsubscribes, etc.). This was not something that we were seeing on our former email service provider.

Cons

There is very little communication between PinPointe and its customers. We don't get emails regarding new features when they come out; we only know about them once they've been implemented into the system or if we manually go online and look for the information on their help site. We also dislike the fact that customer service is via email only. Sometimes, it's much easier to explain a challenge to someone over the phone rather than email, where it can take a few days of back and forth to respond.

Response from Pinpointe On-Demand

Hello Justina - thank you for your feedback. We have live chat available directly within Pinpointe - just click the 'Live Chat' tool. If an item is complicated a support agent will call to discuss. - Hope that helps!

7.0/10
Toni K.

Overall, Great. The Team is very responsive, and patient with addressing issues as they arise.

Reviewed on 2017/09/25

Pros

I like the dashboards that give some reasonably good pictures of how good or bad your campaigns are doing. I also like the fact that we are able to set multiple users and assign desired access to lists, etc. in the system. There have been a few glitches here and there, however, the team has been very responsive. They have made appropriate system updates when the need arises. The system updates have been pretty transparent. That is always a plus with a software organization: To be able to make transparent system changes without interrupting the flow of your User base.

Cons

I like the functionality of being able to set email campaigns to await approval. It would be great, if as an administrator, I could get an automatic notification that an approval is waiting. I am not aware that an email is awaiting approval until logging into the system.

Alex A.

Easy to use. Fantastic for tracking email campaigns!

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Pros

The best features for me personally are the analytics and reporting tools of how to get statistics on the email campaign. To find out how many bounces, unsubscribes, opens, and clicks is an added plus for me to use for following up with a contact. The ability to extract the metrics to an excel file is very helpful to upper management.

Cons

Depending on the amount, when I am in the middle of uploading a list of contacts I get bumped out and have to submit a request to increase my dataset.

Jose V.

Don't look for another email service.

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Pros

Great UI that makes it easy to send emails and follow up with clients for reporting. Support is always extremely helpful. You typically get a reply within an hour and the support staff is​ ​​very ​knowledgeable ​

Cons

Pinpointe doesn't have a price point for small senders or a free account. Pinpointe targets higher volume senders and Enterprises.

Stephen K.

Long Time Satisifaction

Reviewed on 2017/09/25

We use this to communicate with our clients so it is mission critical to us. We have lots of clients depending on keeping them informed about events in educational law.

Pros

My company has used Pinpointe for a long time. We are very satisfied with its performance and value. The software is pretty easy to use. You can set and forget your campaigns - it is that easy!

Ayla R.

Pinpointe has a great builder, and the the account manager is fun to work with.

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Pros

The Builder and their constant work to improve the overall program. We use them because they also have a wysiwyg available to be able to work with code.

Cons

They system can be glitchy at times as they update their program, the customer service is not on a chat or available for phone, so you have to wait 2-3 hours before you get a response most of the time. Their list and unsubscribe system is still being improved. Have to find of work arounds to get some other things done.

7.0/10
Paul A.

Compared to other email services PinPointe was bar for the better one.

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Save a lot lot lot of time (and some money)

Pros

1. I like the amount of detail reporting.
2. I like when importing new contacts that they are checked against some PinPointe master lists to ensure the best deliverability.

Cons

The reporting, when exporting Summary Statics there are no totals for all the exported lines.
2. There is no way to verify I have no duplicates in my Segments
3. I have to use a RandomId to email to only a portion of my list.
I would like the ability to say send x thousands per day until the whole list is emailed (excluding weekends and holidays)

Richard S.

The support staff cut to the chase and kept me as a customer

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

Targeted email list of editors we have known for years and this helps us stay on top of any changes.

Pros

Today's customer support is better than before...in years past it was like a fetch game..it was so refreshing to be called back and when I called back him answered and helped me directly.
Kudos Pinpointe.

Cons

It's always tough to call and cancel with a long term vendor and The support staff helped me look on how we could stay since our use level had changed and the choice was to move to only what we needed and to stay with pinpointe.

Nancy D.

In my third year just sending simple emails and still having trouble with some of the elements.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/09/25

Pros

I have a hard time coming up with something because I always seem to encounter some kind of difficulty. I just don't think it's newbie user friendly.

Cons

When I first signed up in 2015, I was receiving telephone support but sometime since then, they have dropped the phone support unless I up my subscription. :-(

Response from Pinpointe On-Demand

Hello - I hope we can resolve your support experience. We offer a free live 1 on 1 training session for all customers - drop us a note at support.
Also live chat is available during business hours within Pinpointe. A support agent will call if the issue is complicated. Cheers!

5.0/10
Mitchell W.

Nothing can touch Pinpointe

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Went from sending out our newsletter once every 3 months, due to the complexity of iContact, to sending it every month.

Pros

The best in class email editor, just incredible in flexibility. Extremely friendly dashboard, great reporting, very competitive pricing. And best in case support.

Cons

They are updating features so fast that sometimes documentation falls behind. I'd like to see some effort put into creating a manual or series of video tutorials.

Linda F.

Excellent tool for email campaigns, tracking stats, tracking event registrations.

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

Easy to track email campaigns stickiness. Great tool for registration tracking. Downloadable statistically information.

Pros

logical UI / easy to use
Great stats and reporting
Support is helpful. You typically get a reply within an hour and the support staff is knowledgeable - not the traditional
Scaleable tool.

Very comprehensive. Lots of flexibility and details.

Cons

Need to utilize in more of daily marketing initiatives.

Get enterprise features for a fraction of the cost

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

The user interface is simple yet flexible -- making it easy for an email novice to upload a list and send an email within minutes. For advanced email users, the system has the sophistication you need to handle most any type of email. The Pinpointe team has been great to work with and they respond to email inquires promptly -- many times within the hour.

Cons

Limited access control on a per user basis -- but I hear they are working on this feature. The team has been very receptive to new feature requests.

Jeremy S.

Simple and reliable email marketing for our school.

Reviewed on 2017/09/29

Pros

The reporting provided is awesome to check out the effectiveness of your email campaign. Creating different lists of contacts is easy too.

Cons

It would be nice to have more options in terms of conditional sending... instead of breaking down one long list into several lists, create one list and have a second column dictate the action taken.

Emerson S.

Good for B2B email

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Consistent performance and a professional attitude.

Pros

It's easy to broadcast to different segments and set up specialized lists. Tough spam checking. Detailed reporting.

Cons

No multiple-list selection for subscription forms. Some subscription and auto-respond forms unresponsive with Joomla websites.

I use Pinpointe for multiple small businesses

Reviewed on 2017/11/06

Pros

Email inbox preview, drag and crop creator, A/B testing tools. Email deliverability is very good and their IP addresses have a good sender reputation.

Cons

I wish they had phone support, but their chat support is very good and they will call you for advanced issues.

Bill S.

I've used many email/marketing automation tools and Pinpointe is powerful yet easy to use.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/09/20

We are a small company with limited budget and cannot afford to spend a lot of money. Pinpointe allows us to have a high-end, professional marketing automation tool.

Pros

Pinpointe is intuitive to use right out of the box! You don't need hours and hours of training to get started. It's a powerful and easy to use email marketing / marketing automation tool.

Cons

The whole database, list and segment thing can be a little confusing and overwhelming. I'd like to see this made easier or more, detailed tutorials on this section of Pinpointe.

Andrew C.

limited ability to send targeted emails out based on purchasing history

Reviewed on 2017/09/25

Pros

the program is easy to use and is cost effective. I would like to get our open rates and click-through-rates up though.

Cons

inability to segment list and send targeted emails. I also do not like the format of the date as it makes it hard to sort data in Excel

3.0/10

Great Product

Reviewed on 2014/10/23

We use Pinpointe as a first step in communicating with our broad audience. It is our first touch point in our email marketing strategy and an affordable compliment to our marketing automation software. After engaging our subscribers through Pinpointe, we push the most qualified and engaged prospects to our marketing automation platform, which we use for landing pages, lead routing lead scoring. This has not only allowed us to save a tremendous amount of money, but has simplified our email marketing processes.

Pros

Besides saving money and simplifying our email marketing processes, we have been very impressed with Pinpointe’s deliverability rates. We send several million emails a month and our deliverability rates with Pinpointe are over 98%. Pinpointe has secu

Wayne B.

Successful B2B email marketing

Reviewed on 2011/12/02

The Email Marketing Software from Pinpointe offers for B2B users like me more creation and monitoring features than we could find in ordinary B2C email marketing services. One very useful feature is for example the customizable From field.
If you create an email marketing campaign with Pinpointe you can import contacts from an Excel, Outlook or CSF file without problems. The software enables you as well to add information about a client as a note.
You can choose from different report options, all of them are easy to create.

Pros

The software offers great features like surveys, an email previewer, a spam checker, etc. I also like very much Pinpointe's email creator which helps you to prepare full HTML emails.

Cons

Social media integration and complaints report is missing.