QuestionPro

4,4
4,4
4,5
Serpil D.

Perfect survey platform with realistic results.

Reviewed on 2018/04/14

I can recommend for companies making online surveys. Results are great and satisfactory.

Pros

I liked the most that QuestionPro is easy to use comparing with others, also it is user friendly product. You can prepare your questions and make effective online surveys with reliable and honest results. I like using this software.

Cons

it has been 7 months that I am using this software, till now I did not have any problem it is really easy to use and safe software.

Michael D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great Survey Product

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

We needed an easy way to collect data about how our customers were valuing the services we provided. It has also turned into a great tool for training our staff and recognizing services we may be lacking.

Pros

The surveys are easy to build with a lot of question types to choose from. The customer service is very responsive, knowledgeable, and friendly. It was also very easy to brand our surveys so customers knew it was from us.

Cons

It took a bit of time to get the logic nailed down for our split question.

Kerri W.

Terrible Survey Software

Reviewed on 2016/09/06

When signing up for QuestionPro, we signed up specifically to use their "FlexGrid" question. I emailed specifically asking which level of membership we needed in order to use this question and was told we needed a corporate membership. Weeks after signing up, after paying and as we were preparing to pilot our study, the flex grid question was suddenly no longer available. When I questioned this, I was told they had decided to move that question type to a higher membership level and it was no longer available. After some back and forth, they let us have it if we paid in bulk for a few months.

Then, once we were collecting our data and exporting it, we realised there was missing data. Luckily, our survey was small and had >35 respondents who we knew and could speak to. In conversing with the respondents, some of them reported filling in data for more flex grid questions then what we were showing in the exported data.

When we contacted QuestionPro regarding this, not only do they not realise the severity of this (it puts into question the validity of all our results and we need to essentially re-run the entire survey, re-contact all of our respondents and confirm their responses), but it also puts into question all of the surveys they've conducted, especially for bigger surveys where their clients might not have personal relationships with their respondents and might not be able to recognise that there is missing data or missing responses.

QuestionPro blamed the missing data on our respondents not filling in the data. I could understand this being the case for 1 or 2 participants (maybe they made a mistake on the form); however, about 40% of the respondents contacted so far have reported that the data we have does not match the data they entered. This is a serious problem.

Cons

The data from this survey is completely unreliable and cannot be used for any research. We have to re-run our survey and re-contact all participants.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Nick J.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Flexible, Customer-Focused and Versatile Tool

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/05/30

QuestionPro has helped us deliver top notch surveys for our employees. They are also committed to GDPR and partner with us to ensure compliance and data governance. The team is personal and accessible and they are quick to collaborate.

Pros

QuestionPro has so many features when building and deploying your survey and even more when you are analyzing your results. Building our surveys is easy and flexible -- with a vast array of question templates to choose from, integrated logic, and design. Deploying is also easy and they are continuing to work on improving this feature. The analysis is top-notch and appears every day to be built and developed by data scientists that work to unlock new results from your raw survey data. Most of all, however, their customer service is paramount. They are quick, friendly and accessible and always willing to listen to new ideas.

Cons

Deployment currently is good but not great. You can load lists, but we still have to do manual work to maintain those lists before loading and there is currently no validation of emails or audit for duplicates (of previously sent emails). The editor for the message is also very simple and you are restricted to one template. They are actively working on improving this, however.

Richard C.
Industry: Market Research

The perfect partner for small busniesses, not just corporates

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Pros

Now with a much improved survey interface for building questionnaires, but most importantly for response input by panellists. Flexible implementation, neat layout and multiple export options for SPSS imports.

Cons

Dashboard analytics are useful for a quick browse of responses during the data gathering stages, but not always useful for clients to see. The response analytics do not always take into account missing data leading to incorrect percentage representation in tables and charts.

Afonso H.
Industry: Facilities Services

Bad emails and no SDK

Reviewed on 2020/01/20

Ok for NPS research and other points

Pros

Easy to structure and send NPS campaigns

Cons

E-mails are badly formatted, validation is required for surveys with many users and it was not easy, and they have an article talking about using their SDK, but they do not have an SDK available.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Affordable survey tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/16

Definitely recommended if you’re interested in understanding your audience.

Pros

QuestionPro is a great survey tool that offers a lot to the users. What I love about it is that it offers several question types to choose from. This is something that most of the other tools don’t offer.
Besides, the surveys are mobile optimized which makes it easier for mobile users to participate without any issues.
Yes, it is free. However, you’d need to switch to a paid plan if you wish to get access to more features. The paid plan is very affordable.

Cons

Though it is updated very often but there are still several features that are missing such as customization options and non-text surveys.

Aaron W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

QuestionPro allows us to gain customer intelligence about our community.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Cost Effective
Create slicker surveys that our customers wish to complete
Higher response rate
We use the Non-profit waiver which has made it much more valuable a tool for us to use. It has been great working with the package. We have not needed to use customer service yet.

Pros

We use QuestionPro to ask about our community's experience with our association. It has more intuitive and sleaker options in ways to ask questions and gather needed information from our customers. We find it very straight-forward to use and can develop a survey in minutes.

Phaedra R.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A Great Global Product

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

I have been using QuesitonPro for over 3 years now and overall my experience has been very positive. I have received tremendous help from the CIO down to the online support personal.

Pros

One of the main features that I like about QuestionPro is the ability to present the survey in multiple languages.

Cons

The number of question types can be hard to choose from.

Gil P.
Industry: Education Management

Simply the Best!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/05/06

We have been using QuestionPro at our non-profit for over 5 years. It helps us reach our target audience with the relevant information and tools we need to deliver successful campaigns.

Pros

QuestionPro is the most complete survey software on the market! It's easy to use and very intuitive. Surveys can be as simple or as complex as one desires. This is awesome software!

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of a thing that I dislike about this software

Jim R.
Industry: Restaurants
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Been a Very Satisfied Customer for over 5 Years!

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

We used another Survey company for a decade before our needs outgrew it. I wish I could tell you we evaluated several different companies before selecting Question Pro, but we did not. As soon as we came across Question Pro and tested it out, we knew it was right for us. We don't use Question Pro to gather external information from Customers. We use it to capture internal information from our Managers and Employees and get that information to the appropriate people at the appropriate time. Some examples of how we have leverage Question Pro: (1) to gather employee satisfaction data; (2) to gather HR information from employees who request Leave or want to communicate concerns; (3) to provide trainees the opportunity to give feedback on their onboarding & training experiences; and (4) to communicate payroll adjustments directly to the payroll team. The Customer Service Reps we have worked with have been excellent and able to help us when needed. The Live Chat function has also been valuable when we needed a quick answer.

Pros

1. The Customer Service has been outstanding - whether directly with my rep or through the Live Chat.
2. The ease at which Survey's can be created / copied.
3. The system is user-friendly enough that we have been able to figure out how to perform many advanced functions on our own.
4. The flexibility of being able to send the survey in many different ways - i.e. via a link, to a specific email list or using a QR Code.
5. Advanced Logic and Branching allows us to link surveys based on answers and ensure the completed information gets into the hands of the right people at the right times.
6. The ability to schedule auto-run reports.

Cons

1. Having to pay full price for each user account is a bit prohibitive and would ultimately be the only reason we would ever consider a new system. However, we were able to lock in a rate for 2 years the last time we renewed by signing up for 2 years.
2. The lack of flexibility in formatting the Excel Reports - too many columns show on the reports by default and we can't remove those columns we don't need.

Marco A.

My free trial with QuestionPro

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/11/17

QuestionPro has a lot of potential, they just need to fix the problems that I mentioned and then it might be the best software in the industry.

Pros

The software has a very good concept as a whole, it's giving you the right and important tools for your surveys and polls, it shows the data live, you can filter it and export it to excel.
The surveys and polls creator is very user friendly and very professional, you can create some very beautiful polls and surveys.

Cons

- You can't color the graphs as you like, if you want to do it, you need to change it with CSS, so if you don't have the CSS knowledge, you just can't change the colors.

- To save the graphs you need to do a print screen, there's no way to export them to your computer.

- The weighting tool is broken and not calculating well.

- There were some reports during our campaign of a very slow loading times, which cause some respondents to stop respond to the poll in the middle.

- The customer service is pretty horrible and not responding, unlike what they claim, nobody answers the live chat, so if you need something very urgent, you need to call them, but it's not sure that they would solve the problem.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Monique T.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

QuestionPro is the Leading Survey Tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

At my organization, we use QuestionPro for all of our reporting needs. This includes surveying our clients satisfaction (>55,000 people); using it to track the results of healthcare facilities that we inspect; public opinion polls; we also use it to get feedback from the physicians in our system.
So far QuestionPro has allowed us to acquire/capture important data that is positively impacting the healthcare system in the country ---- which is unprecedented here.
The team is excellent, and for them the sky isn't even the limit. If there is something you need the system to do that may not be a core function, they will not only show you options, work-arounds if necessary, but also customize features so that at the end of the day, the system does everything you need.
If you have any manner of survey or data collection that needs to be done, and done efficiently and effectively, QuestionPro is all that you need.

Pros

The technical and customer support is unsurpassed. You can live chat, email, and/or call the support team and get rapid, thorough responses and assistance. They are incredible.
Although the system has complex scripts and features (which means the system does ALL the work for you), the system is still extremely user-friendly.
Data analytics and reporting is a breeze.
QuestionPro is very versatile, and continue to progress and be innovative.
The system is designed with the end-user (administrators and survey takers) in mind.

Cons

This may seem unrealistic, but I have no issues with the software or the company.

Philip D.

QuestionPro - a quality online survey software program

Reviewed on 2015/05/14

The software has been very well designed and is continually updated. It allows you to create attractive, easy-to-complete online surveys, that can be undertaken easily on PCs, laptops, tablets or smart phones.
It automatically detects the device type and reformats the look and question style to fit the screen used. That means that matrix questions that can be easily answered on PCs can still be asked and answered by people using smart phones. The matrix converts into drop down lists, so no scrolling across the screen. A clever, useful feature.
The reporting is excellent - as is, or the results can be exported t Excel, .sav files for Q or SPSS, and even Power Point.
The capacity to upload video or images is very useful and reasonably easy for a respondent to use.
The capacity to use QuestionPro to send invitations, monitor responses and manage the unsubscribes etc. is excellent.
The support staff, from the most senior to the more recent, are excellent, courteous and available 24x5. They are most helpful in in real time text exchanges and emails. They are patient and are concerned to see you get the solution you need.
Not everything is sunny. A back button, when scripting is used, as it often is, would be useful. Similarly, the automatically generated Excel reports give all the data (which is very useful) and also tables that are percentaged to the number who answer each question, rather than the total respondent sample (which I prefer). These tables are static, so you can't remove a record and have them change.
What I do like is the continual improvements that are being made, some minor and some more significant, and the willingness of all the staff I have engaged with, to be as helpful as possible.
Refinements E.G. mapping where respondents are and what devices they used to complete the survey with, and the operating system used, are very useful additional details that help clients.
Plus, the capacity to import data on the email list, when a list is used to invite response, is very powerful, because when information about an individual respondent is known, there is no need to collect it again, keeping the surveys shorter and yet enabling us to marry pre-known and survey-obtained information and so answer the client's needs more effectively.
Overall, an excellent and well-supported package and system and one I recommend.

Maryann O.
Industry: Utilities

Great Customer Service, Ease of use, Results Driven with lots of options

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/10/24

My overall experience was the best ever! I lead my first sales meeting and wanted constructive, easy to use feedback format, with a quick distribution option following the event, the ability to view, record, download, and distribute for a team discussion. Whew, that's was a long list! The time to improve based on survey results was cut down by months! I was given every possible option to help fit my immediate needs. I looked at other options, they were overly complicated and would require lots of time to be proficient. QuestionPro is broken out into "basic", you can jump in learn and test fairly quick. They then have "advanced" that can provide a mixture of basic and more advanced survey features and additional analytics. Whatever works best for your target group QuestionPro has it. I think I want to do more surveys! I can see more uses for this now.

Pros

The ability to learn how to use on my own, but still has great help sections and live chat option if I was in a bind. The free trial is great and offers the meat of what you get with a basic plan. It allowed me to learn how to navigate and familiarize myself with the software and its capabilities. I was able to do an actual test survey. The survey itself was great! I was searching for a good survey software and this just crossed my path! I will recommend over and over!

Cons

Some areas of the software do not tell you the feature is not included in your selection tier. So you can hit a button and wonder what is happening. But then you have the great live chat and they are quick to resolve or explain. Other portions of the software like contact uploads did not upload but also did not provide me with an error message. I had two columns that were not allowed in the basic tier but it would be nice to have a pop up because I could not figure out what the issue was.

David V.
Company size: Self Employed

I love QuestionPro

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Pros

1. there is a month-to-month option in their pricing model. Because I am a 1 person company and infrequently have market research projects needing a survey, being able to rent the use of the software for a month or two, for any given project, is the only approach that I can afford.
2. I love the versatility of the product
3. I love the support I can get from their team in India, especially when we can do a live video connection. It's hard to get good support these days, especially if you are restricted to chat or email. I find when I need help, I need it now!

Cons

There are places where is automaticity, gets in the way. Example: on the project I just completed, I used a Choose Many type question. I needed a chart that would tell me how many people chose each option. The default chart shows how often each option was chosen among all the options chosen. Not really what I needed. I wasn't sure the software could even be forced to give me the kind of chart I needed. It took a lot of work but eventually the support person figured out what I needed and how to do it.

George L.

Written Review of QuestionPro

Reviewed on 2014/11/02

I have to say that my review here is limited because I was not able to utilize all the features that the QuestiontPro software tool has to offer. Since my sample size for the survey was a small one--limited to the 29 largest school districts among a total of 330 in the state of California, but which school districts account for over 60% of the state's student population; it became apparent, after attempting to conduct a simple pilot survey among local districts, that my sample group would not likely respond to the survey for a number of reasons. Given these constraints: the fact that I only received one response; that I could not very well perform analytics on a single response; but that I had successfully developed a complex survey and had administered it online using an online survey software tool (QuestionPro); my professor was satisfied that I had completed the elements for the final project in his class.

My research in education compensation reform will continue throughout my doctoral program including my dissertation and I have decided to use QuestionPro throughout this academic undertaking.

The decision to use QuestionPro was made after carful comparison of a number of other named survey software tools available online. The factors leading to my choice of QuestionPro included: its small learning curve; the ability to talk to someone 24/7 regarding survey questions or in seeking technical advice; its friendly and courteous support staff; its ability to interface with SPSS; and price.

I have not encountered any cons as yet in the use of the software, but I will be more than happy to continue to provide helpful comments as I use your software throughout the next few years.

I do have to extend a special thanks to Yogesh Vig who has been tremendously helpful in the use of the QuestionPro. He is extremely professional and its been a pleasure working with him. I definitely plan to recommend QuestionPro to all my classmates and future professors.

Thanks

George Lowe

Tiffani W.
Industry: Construction
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

My review

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

order forms, KYC forms

Pros

the branching logic and the many different features.

Cons

Settings don't seem to be in the most logical spot.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Clint C.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Outstanding customer service!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/20

I've been very satisfied with the software, the quality of surveys and the level of customer service I've received from QuestionPro.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. There are people at our company that use QuestionPro without any previous knowledge or experience using another survey tool and they set up surveys without any trouble. QuestionPro also allows you to set up some more advanced functions (conjoint analysis, regression analysis, etc.) easily.

The customer service team has consistently been very responsive and thorough. I've worked with various companies in the past five years and I am very impressed with the level of QuestionPro's customer service.

Cons

Adding pictures to my survey wasn't as intuitive as it could be. It took me a few times to get used to it. I chose to figure it out on my own, but I very easily could have asked for help and the customer service team would have quickly taught me how to use it.

Alexa T.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Company size: Self Employed

Not worth the Money - Salespeople treat you like Car Dealers!

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

Pros

the functionality - easy to use, unlimited questions, variety of question types

Cons

-Couldn't integrate with Pollfish via the basic account type and had to contact support to help set it up.
- For survey distribution, they charge you more for every pre-screen question and purposefully go over your budget to try to squeeze more money out of you. Their pricing isn't consistent and I feel like I'm being scammed. They keep increasing the prices. I don't feel valued as a customer or like I'm receiving a good deal. I don't trust them.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Industry: Market Research

Simple to use and usually very effective.

Reviewed on 2017/07/07

Great platform for market research surveys.

Pros

Constantly improving product and outstanding and proactive customer support.
Very good range of question type pro formas and capacity to modify the looks to suit individual clients and customers.

Cons

Changes/updates are sometimes made without customers being fully informed. the daily emails about using the platform are just a little too frequent! But it is done on the basis of trying to keep you informed of improvements and alternatives.

Industry: Market Research

QuestionPro - an excellent software and support service for researchers

Reviewed on 2016/10/07

Have used QuestionPro online survey software for some years. Is easy to learn to use, is effective and customisable and includes the visual, video, audio and upload features you would expect. What makes it stand out particularly is the high quality of its support staff. They are well trained, competent, quick and courteous. As a marketing researcher's package, with the range of reporting options, QuestionPro is a service I strongly recommend to others.

Pros

Easy to use, but very effective in use - both by the survey creators and by the respondents.

Cons

Regular updates and improvements mean you need to regularly refresh what you know about using it, so is not a learn once and know package. Though usually incremental improvements.

Michael M.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great value, great support

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

QuestionPro provides everything we need in their survey system. From simple survey designs to more complex operations, QP has been an excellent resource.
Most importantly the support has been excellent from the outset.
It is an excellent value for the money.

Pros

The system does everything we need it to do and the support is outstanding.

Cons

Some functions and menu-driven routines are a bit cumbersome at first, but easily learned.

Randy M.

Great tool for Professionals

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

I have been using QuestionPro for over 8 years as my primary survey tool. I get personalize service through my account team who are proactive in soliciting my input and improvement suggestions. Their translation team is excellent with only a few errors on industry jargon only. I find the value to be the best in the industry with many of the sophisticated features of tools 3 time more expensive. Integration with internal or external panels are seamless with excellent invitation mailing and tracking.

Pros

- Always improving using the latest methods and technologies
- The most features for the price
- Great customer service who actually listens to your needs
- Rarely if ever experience system disruptions
- Flexible report production
- Excellent analytics

Cons

Sometimes difficult to get assistance over the weekends

Robin (.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

We use QuestionPro for Customer Service Case ratings, shipping service quality ratings, NPS, employee surveys. We find the platform to be flexible and economical for the quantity of responses we receive.

Pros

The support team is excellent and responds to my questions usually within 1-2 hours day or night.
They regularly add features and functions to the platform - some are included with my annual fee others are available for additional purchase.
Basic set up is easy to use. You can be up and running in as long as it takes you to create a survey

Cons

I would like more flexibility in creating reports within the software without having to download data into excel