QuestionPro

Best SaaS survey solutions

Lukasz K.

Great software

Reviewed on 2022/03/14

It’s a great software and definitely very advance at best cost to benefit ratio. I tested a lot of different programmes and love this one.

Pros

I really like I can design a survey with bells and whistles and send it through to people to respond on any device. It’s very well done software.

Cons

I think the survey design is easy and swift and export is a piece of cake. I would have liked an ability to get a link to distribute from the dashboard.

Typeform

Reasons for Choosing QuestionPro

QuestionPro pricing is more straightforward plus on SurveyMonkey I was not able to export some data.

Reasons for Switching to QuestionPro

Price and quality of the product.

Response from Question Pro

Hi Lukasz,
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback; please let us know if there is anything else we can do!

Colleen R.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 2022/05/20

Pros

We have used QuestionPro exclusively as a survey tool for program participants to evaluate a class or webinar they attended. The features are simple to use once you have things set up, and sharing the survey results with others works very well. As a small nonprofit, we appreciate QuestionPro offering an option that fits our budget to capture a lot of helpful data to measure program success.

Cons

Some features take a bit of time to figure out. And changing interfaces have recently made it more difficult to find how to do something that was previously easy to do.

Reasons for Choosing QuestionPro

More reasonable prices with QuestionPro for a nonprofit organization.

SurveyMonkey

Response from Question Pro

Hi Colleen,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and your usage! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Geoff M.
  • Used for 1+ year

QuestionPro is holding our survey data hostage!

Reviewed on 2021/08/11

Pros

It was fairly easy to set up a survey.

Cons

We signed up for a free account and they mentioned on the pricing page that there was a limit of 1,000 submissions per survey on the free version. What they failed to clearly state, though is that once you go over 1,000 submissions on a survey, you GET COMPLETELY LOCKED OUT OF THE SURVEY!!! We got a TON of SPAM submissions even with the provided Captcha field added, which quickly pushed us over the 1,000 submission limit. But, instead of shutting the survey down, they continue to accept submissions and instead REVOKE ACCESS TO THE SURVEY FOR TEH CREATOR. Now I can no longer view, edit or even close the survey without PAYING FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR SUBSCRIPTION because they don't offer a monthly plan. So, essentially, if you are on a free account and go over 1,000 submissions, QUESTIONPRO WILL HOLD YOUR SURVEY DATA HOSTAGE UNTIL YOU PAY FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR SUBSCRIPTION because they don't offer monthly subscriptions. The reasoning I was given was that "they didn't want a bad experience for the survey takers" which is why they leave the survey open. What about the end-user experience for the companies setting up the surveys though? Personally, I'd rather my survey get shut down at 1,000 submissions and still be able to access the data then to have them keep collecting responses that I can't even access.

Their customer service was also very slow to reply and the account manager was 15 mins late to our first meeting with no heads up, so I ended up waiting and having to reschedule.

Bob S.
  • Industry: Libraries

QuestionPro for Nonprofits

Reviewed on 2022/06/01

This product is perfect for what we need. And as a non-profit the price is free. I could not ask for more.

Pros

The easy of creating surveys saves me time and stress.

Cons

The editor could have more options. Sometimes when I use the visual editor I have issues with it resizing the images to the original size instead of what I set it at in the html tag.

Response from Question Pro

Hi Bob, thank you for your review! We appreciate you switching to QuestionPro over our competitors and providing feedback on the visual editor! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything you need!

Paul H.

Very functional and good company

Reviewed on 2022/05/16

Excellent, does everything we need and , as nonprofit, got good pricing; appreciate that consideration to volunteers.

Pros

Does all the expected functions, very high level. Nonprofit consideration on price.

Cons

Haven't noticed anything missing. Although does force some reporting styles that are not necessarily appropriate for the question.

Response from Question Pro

Hi Paul,

Michael W.

We Love QuestionPro!

Reviewed on 2022/06/14

We have enjoyed using QuestionPro for many varied uses: from surveys to registration forms. We are so grateful for the features that QuestionPro makes available. They make our job so much easier. Thank you!!

Pros

QuestionPro allows sub-elements to dropdown depending on the user input. This is a fantastic way of making it easy for those using the forms we have built to know when we want additional info. The alternative is for use to place text on the form, letting them know when they should fill out a section and when they should not. Users don't always read .. so QuestionPro's dependent drop-down elements is THE WAY to do it best!

Cons

We don't have any cons. For us, this works very well.

Reasons for Switching to QuestionPro

Yes, but it has been many years since we made the move. I believe that the robust features in QuestionPro far outweighed those in SurveyMonkey.

Response from Question Pro

Hi Michael,
Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and support!!

Daniel J.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Excellent Survey Platform

Reviewed on 2022/06/03

The resource I use the most is Surveys, where I host the registration form for our event. Within it, the "Save to finish later" and "Branch" functions are extremely useful, as they reduce the time each student takes to submit their application. In addition, the "Edit Answers", "Send Confirmation Email" and "Download Sheet" options are extremely useful when you need to check data and add information, while also helping to reduce the time it would take our team to send feedback to participants.

Pros

The easyness to edit surveys and the amount of resources that are available to use!

Cons

I can't raise negative opinions about the service!

Response from Question Pro

Hi Daniel,

Daniela maria G.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Federation of the Nongovernmental Organization for Children Romania

Reviewed on 2022/05/17

I had a great experience using Question Pro. Through this I obtained a lot of information and I could perform different studies and materials.

Pros

The platform is very easy to use and the report are very complex and in different format useful for me.

Cons

I could obtain different statistics that are very useful in my work

Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to QuestionPro

Because it didn't offer me all options that I need in my studies

Response from Question Pro

Hi Daniela,
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and your usage; please let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Charlene D.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Question Pro is the best software we have ever used to survey members!!

Reviewed on 2022/06/13

Very positive!

Pros

So easy to use!! Reports are offered in several different options. Very nice.

Cons

For some reason certain members are blocked by their firewall.

Response from Question Pro

Hi Charlene,
Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate your feedback and support! Please let us know more about this firewall issue through chat (as that's where our support guys are), we are happy to help, or reach out to us here, whichever is better for you!

Deb K.

A great, user-friendly tool, with an affordable non-profit discount!

Reviewed on 2022/04/29

We work with and for people who have intellectual/developmental disabilities. The tool has many wonderful features that we've been able to take advantage of to make the resources we create with it more use-friendly, especially for those who don't read, or don't read fluently. We create video voice overs of our surveys, which we host on on YouTube channel. The ability to add those to the items we create is a game-changer for us!

Pros

The price is definitely a plus. We first heard about QuestionPro through the non-profit resource TechSoup.org. We'd been using a different survey tool at the time, which was more expensive and didn't have nearly as many features.

Cons

We haven't used any of the additional features due to pricing. Allowing a 2nd staff members to access our organization's account would also be cost-prohibitive, but as a small organization, I am really the only full-time user, so we deal with it.

Response from Question Pro

Hi Deb,
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback; please let us know if there is anything we can do!

John S.
  • Used for 2+ years

Quality well featured software free for Non Profits

Reviewed on 2021/07/20

The software has allowed us to see areas where our product can be improved which has resulted in better support of our clients. It has also allowed us to prepare reports for the accreditation authorities who approve our ongoing capacity to effectively evaluate student achievement in the (Non Profit) school's who use our certification process.

Pros

Met our requirements and the Advanced version is free for Non Profits (normally over $!000 pa). Particular features we were looking for were not available with the Basic version which is free for all users. These features include Multilingual Surveys and enhanced support. Many other features are available in the Advanced version which we anticipate making more use of in the future.

Cons

It was quite a learning curve to use for someone unused to doing surveys (previously another person had done them but using a different product). Some areas seem a bit clunky, but this may be par for the course with survey software. Everything seems to work when you get used to it.

Reasons for Choosing QuestionPro

QuestionPro offered more options that were useful to us and because of their support for Non Profits it was much cheaper for us than anything else with the features we wished for (in fact it is currently No Cost, but initially we were charged despite the company claim on their website that it was free for Non Profits, but this seems to have been an anomaly).

Reasons for Switching to QuestionPro

Their Non Profit support made it financially possible for us, as a small organisation to have a quality software with the features and support we were looking for.
Jim R.
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Been a Very Satisfied Customer for over 5 Years!

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

We used another Survey company for a decade before our needs outgrew it. I wish I could tell you we evaluated several different companies before selecting Question Pro, but we did not. As soon as we came across Question Pro and tested it out, we knew it was right for us. We don't use Question Pro to gather external information from Customers. We use it to capture internal information from our Managers and Employees and get that information to the appropriate people at the appropriate time. Some examples of how we have leverage Question Pro: (1) to gather employee satisfaction data; (2) to gather HR information from employees who request Leave or want to communicate concerns; (3) to provide trainees the opportunity to give feedback on their onboarding & training experiences; and (4) to communicate payroll adjustments directly to the payroll team. The Customer Service Reps we have worked with have been excellent and able to help us when needed. The Live Chat function has also been valuable when we needed a quick answer.

Pros

1. The Customer Service has been outstanding - whether directly with my rep or through the Live Chat.
2. The ease at which Survey's can be created / copied.
3. The system is user-friendly enough that we have been able to figure out how to perform many advanced functions on our own.
4. The flexibility of being able to send the survey in many different ways - i.e. via a link, to a specific email list or using a QR Code.
5. Advanced Logic and Branching allows us to link surveys based on answers and ensure the completed information gets into the hands of the right people at the right times.
6. The ability to schedule auto-run reports.

Cons

1. Having to pay full price for each user account is a bit prohibitive and would ultimately be the only reason we would ever consider a new system. However, we were able to lock in a rate for 2 years the last time we renewed by signing up for 2 years.
2. The lack of flexibility in formatting the Excel Reports - too many columns show on the reports by default and we can't remove those columns we don't need.

Marco A.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used for Free Trial

My free trial with QuestionPro

Reviewed on 2019/11/17

QuestionPro has a lot of potential, they just need to fix the problems that I mentioned and then it might be the best software in the industry.

Pros

The software has a very good concept as a whole, it's giving you the right and important tools for your surveys and polls, it shows the data live, you can filter it and export it to excel.
The surveys and polls creator is very user friendly and very professional, you can create some very beautiful polls and surveys.

Cons

- You can't color the graphs as you like, if you want to do it, you need to change it with CSS, so if you don't have the CSS knowledge, you just can't change the colors.

- To save the graphs you need to do a print screen, there's no way to export them to your computer.

- The weighting tool is broken and not calculating well.

- There were some reports during our campaign of a very slow loading times, which cause some respondents to stop respond to the poll in the middle.

- The customer service is pretty horrible and not responding, unlike what they claim, nobody answers the live chat, so if you need something very urgent, you need to call them, but it's not sure that they would solve the problem.

CheckMarket and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Choosing QuestionPro

I made the switch because I wanted something more professional for my company.

Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to QuestionPro

I chose QuestionPro because of the price and because the software looked very professional and answered to all my needs.
Christina W.

QuestionPro for NonProfits License Changes

Reviewed on 2022/04/20

Pros

We were connected with QuestionPro through TechSoup where the miniscule administration fee (for a free license) was a huge draw. At the time, the license included integration with Salesforce (our CRM) and we were easily able to set up a basic survey for feedback from our clients after programs occurred. The software was fairly easy to set up and we began use with the integration, which greatly reduced the need to babysit the process and eliminated the need for any data entry to get the survey results into Salesforce. It was heaven!

Cons

Unfortunately, heaven has soured a bit since the Salesforce Integration was eliminated from the nonprofit license. Although the service still works for us (and at a price that we can't beat) it is frustrating to have to do the data entry by hand. We have not, however, considered other solutions because the product still does what we need it to do, primarily. The integration was a bonus that we were spoiled by. Our small staff (currently of 3) could do without the extra work, but again, it does what we need it to do.

Response from Question Pro

Hi Christina,

Monique T.

QuestionPro is the Leading Survey Tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

At my organization, we use QuestionPro for all of our reporting needs. This includes surveying our clients satisfaction (>55,000 people); using it to track the results of healthcare facilities that we inspect; public opinion polls; we also use it to get feedback from the physicians in our system.
So far QuestionPro has allowed us to acquire/capture important data that is positively impacting the healthcare system in the country ---- which is unprecedented here.
The team is excellent, and for them the sky isn't even the limit. If there is something you need the system to do that may not be a core function, they will not only show you options, work-arounds if necessary, but also customize features so that at the end of the day, the system does everything you need.
If you have any manner of survey or data collection that needs to be done, and done efficiently and effectively, QuestionPro is all that you need.

Pros

The technical and customer support is unsurpassed. You can live chat, email, and/or call the support team and get rapid, thorough responses and assistance. They are incredible.
Although the system has complex scripts and features (which means the system does ALL the work for you), the system is still extremely user-friendly.
Data analytics and reporting is a breeze.
QuestionPro is very versatile, and continue to progress and be innovative.
The system is designed with the end-user (administrators and survey takers) in mind.

Cons

This may seem unrealistic, but I have no issues with the software or the company.

Philip D.

QuestionPro - a quality online survey software program

Reviewed on 2015/05/14

The software has been very well designed and is continually updated. It allows you to create attractive, easy-to-complete online surveys, that can be undertaken easily on PCs, laptops, tablets or smart phones.
It automatically detects the device type and reformats the look and question style to fit the screen used. That means that matrix questions that can be easily answered on PCs can still be asked and answered by people using smart phones. The matrix converts into drop down lists, so no scrolling across the screen. A clever, useful feature.
The reporting is excellent - as is, or the results can be exported t Excel, .sav files for Q or SPSS, and even Power Point.
The capacity to upload video or images is very useful and reasonably easy for a respondent to use.
The capacity to use QuestionPro to send invitations, monitor responses and manage the unsubscribes etc. is excellent.
The support staff, from the most senior to the more recent, are excellent, courteous and available 24x5. They are most helpful in in real time text exchanges and emails. They are patient and are concerned to see you get the solution you need.
Not everything is sunny. A back button, when scripting is used, as it often is, would be useful. Similarly, the automatically generated Excel reports give all the data (which is very useful) and also tables that are percentaged to the number who answer each question, rather than the total respondent sample (which I prefer). These tables are static, so you can't remove a record and have them change.
What I do like is the continual improvements that are being made, some minor and some more significant, and the willingness of all the staff I have engaged with, to be as helpful as possible.
Refinements E.G. mapping where respondents are and what devices they used to complete the survey with, and the operating system used, are very useful additional details that help clients.
Plus, the capacity to import data on the email list, when a list is used to invite response, is very powerful, because when information about an individual respondent is known, there is no need to collect it again, keeping the surveys shorter and yet enabling us to marry pre-known and survey-obtained information and so answer the client's needs more effectively.
Overall, an excellent and well-supported package and system and one I recommend.

Tiffani B.

QuestionPro is awesome!

Reviewed on 2021/09/15

QuestionPro is a great survey software that has tons of options for building and managing surveys!

Pros

• QuestionPro allows for more responses – 1,000 responses per survey with unlimited surveys.
• QuestionPro has a full basic plan for free.
• QuestionPro allows use of a logo for free.
• QuestionPro allows a custom thank-you page. QuestionPro also has Advanced License options for Automatic Redirect, Review/Print, Forward to a Friend, and a few other options.
• QuestionPro has the option to send a thank-you email to the participant.
• QuestionPro allows 25 question types for free.
• QuestionPro allows custom variable mapping for free.
• QuestionPro allows us to export raw data into an Excel Spreadsheet for free, as well as charts into either MS Excel or MS Word
• QuestionPro has a really impressive analytics dashboard that breaks down responses by question, tells us where people are taking the survey from, the average time it takes people to complete the survey, and indicates how many people have: viewed the survey, completed the survey, and dropped out of the survey.
• QuestionPro has Data Filters and Trend Report functions.
• QuestionPro has separate tabs for free and advanced options

Cons

• QuestionPro only has two survey types: all questions on one page, and one question at a time.
• QuestionPro only has one available “Accessible” appearance themes for free.
• QuestionPro does not send a notification when there are new responses for free, and does not allow you to add other recipients to receive the Daily Summary.

Maryann O.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great Customer Service, Ease of use, Results Driven with lots of options

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

My overall experience was the best ever! I lead my first sales meeting and wanted constructive, easy to use feedback format, with a quick distribution option following the event, the ability to view, record, download, and distribute for a team discussion. Whew, that's was a long list! The time to improve based on survey results was cut down by months! I was given every possible option to help fit my immediate needs. I looked at other options, they were overly complicated and would require lots of time to be proficient. QuestionPro is broken out into "basic", you can jump in learn and test fairly quick. They then have "advanced" that can provide a mixture of basic and more advanced survey features and additional analytics. Whatever works best for your target group QuestionPro has it. I think I want to do more surveys! I can see more uses for this now.

Pros

The ability to learn how to use on my own, but still has great help sections and live chat option if I was in a bind. The free trial is great and offers the meat of what you get with a basic plan. It allowed me to learn how to navigate and familiarize myself with the software and its capabilities. I was able to do an actual test survey. The survey itself was great! I was searching for a good survey software and this just crossed my path! I will recommend over and over!

Cons

Some areas of the software do not tell you the feature is not included in your selection tier. So you can hit a button and wonder what is happening. But then you have the great live chat and they are quick to resolve or explain. Other portions of the software like contact uploads did not upload but also did not provide me with an error message. I had two columns that were not allowed in the basic tier but it would be nice to have a pop up because I could not figure out what the issue was.

Anurag K.
  • Industry: Media Production

Best survey tool with many useful and unique features.

Reviewed on 2021/01/02

Pros

QuestionPro is our favorite tool for conducting online surveys. Getting started with QuestionPro is very easy and doesn't require much technical skills. QuestionPro has a very simple and easy to understand user interface in which all the tools are very well placed.
It doesn't take much time to setup a basic survey with a Welcome and Thank You page. To make the surveys look more professional, we can customize every page with the features available in QuestionPro. We can add Multiple Choices to the questions in our survey. We have an option to add images that can be chosen as 'answer' to a question in our survey. We can also use various Graphical Ratings to add ratings like Thumbs Up or Down, Smiley Ratings and Star Ratings.
To make the survey look even more professional, we can fill it with widgets like Maps, Date and Time etc. We can also add time limits to our survey by adding a Timer.
Another best thing about QuestionPro is that we can do Survey Analysis which helps in analyzing data like survey taker's location, interest and the Time and Date when they started answering the survey.

Cons

QuestionPro is so far the best survey tool for us but they should do something about the pricing. Some necessary features are exclusive to its Paid version which is a little bit costlier. Other than the pricing factor, there's nothing that we dislike about QuestionPro.

Eeva M.

QuestionPro the best survey tool

Reviewed on 2022/01/20

We have used that platform over 2 years. It is one of the best from all same kind of platforms.

Pros

It is very easy to use and very and at the same time it has many features.

Cons

There are no cons. It has all the features we use.

Pointerpro, Typeform, SurveySparrow and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to QuestionPro

It is easy to use, though it has many features. It has also the best price.
David V.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used for 2+ years

I love QuestionPro

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Pros

1. there is a month-to-month option in their pricing model. Because I am a 1 person company and infrequently have market research projects needing a survey, being able to rent the use of the software for a month or two, for any given project, is the only approach that I can afford.
2. I love the versatility of the product
3. I love the support I can get from their team in India, especially when we can do a live video connection. It's hard to get good support these days, especially if you are restricted to chat or email. I find when I need help, I need it now!

Cons

There are places where is automaticity, gets in the way. Example: on the project I just completed, I used a Choose Many type question. I needed a chart that would tell me how many people chose each option. The default chart shows how often each option was chosen among all the options chosen. Not really what I needed. I wasn't sure the software could even be forced to give me the kind of chart I needed. It took a lot of work but eventually the support person figured out what I needed and how to do it.

Rebecca P.

Excellent for our very lengthy, involved community survey needs

Reviewed on 2022/06/14

We have been using QuestionPro for a very large, complex community survey that we were running for nearly two years. It took us a long time to develop the survey, and we were changing things constantly for a long time and found the software user-friendly for doing so.
The purpose of our survey was actually to share as much information publicly as possible (not just for internal analysis) so being able to embed the results was a really important feature to us and we actually created an entire website using multiple blog summary pages to display all of the embedded results. We are very happy with this.
Our needs in other respects at present are probably not as sophisticated as some other companies, and we were pleasantly surprised at how user-friendly QuestionPro was for us to administer. Since we started in 2018 I don't actually remember the other specific packages that we looked at but QuestionPro's interface was an important factor. For our large survey, for various reasons we did not make use of the automated tools to remind people to complete their survey, etc, and instead we opted for a more manual management route but we will definitely use those features in the future.

Pros

We were able to embed the results from individual questions onto websites. This is a unique feature that is extremely helpful to us. While we had some technical troubles implementing that at one point, support was very responsive so that we could get it up and running.

Cons

We really didn't have any particular issues or missing feature concerns.

Response from Question Pro

Hi Rebecca,
Thank you for your detailed review; we appreciate your feedback and are glad that you are happy with QuestionPro!

Kenneth F.

Great Survey System!

Reviewed on 2022/03/29

Pros

I like ease of the user taking a survey!

Cons

Locating Reports can be complicated if you aren't familiar with the system

Cost

Response from Question Pro

Hi Kenneth,

Nick J.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Flexible, Customer-Focused and Versatile Tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

QuestionPro has helped us deliver top notch surveys for our employees. They are also committed to GDPR and partner with us to ensure compliance and data governance. The team is personal and accessible and they are quick to collaborate.

Pros

QuestionPro has so many features when building and deploying your survey and even more when you are analyzing your results. Building our surveys is easy and flexible -- with a vast array of question templates to choose from, integrated logic, and design. Deploying is also easy and they are continuing to work on improving this feature. The analysis is top-notch and appears every day to be built and developed by data scientists that work to unlock new results from your raw survey data. Most of all, however, their customer service is paramount. They are quick, friendly and accessible and always willing to listen to new ideas.

Cons

Deployment currently is good but not great. You can load lists, but we still have to do manual work to maintain those lists before loading and there is currently no validation of emails or audit for duplicates (of previously sent emails). The editor for the message is also very simple and you are restricted to one template. They are actively working on improving this, however.

George L.

Written Review of QuestionPro

Reviewed on 2014/11/02

I have to say that my review here is limited because I was not able to utilize all the features that the QuestiontPro software tool has to offer. Since my sample size for the survey was a small one--limited to the 29 largest school districts among a total of 330 in the state of California, but which school districts account for over 60% of the state's student population; it became apparent, after attempting to conduct a simple pilot survey among local districts, that my sample group would not likely respond to the survey for a number of reasons. Given these constraints: the fact that I only received one response; that I could not very well perform analytics on a single response; but that I had successfully developed a complex survey and had administered it online using an online survey software tool (QuestionPro); my professor was satisfied that I had completed the elements for the final project in his class.

My research in education compensation reform will continue throughout my doctoral program including my dissertation and I have decided to use QuestionPro throughout this academic undertaking.

The decision to use QuestionPro was made after carful comparison of a number of other named survey software tools available online. The factors leading to my choice of QuestionPro included: its small learning curve; the ability to talk to someone 24/7 regarding survey questions or in seeking technical advice; its friendly and courteous support staff; its ability to interface with SPSS; and price.

I have not encountered any cons as yet in the use of the software, but I will be more than happy to continue to provide helpful comments as I use your software throughout the next few years.

I do have to extend a special thanks to Yogesh Vig who has been tremendously helpful in the use of the QuestionPro. He is extremely professional and its been a pleasure working with him. I definitely plan to recommend QuestionPro to all my classmates and future professors.

Thanks