Edvance360

Web-based LMS for corporations, built on social learning.

4,6
4,7
4,4
4,5
4,7

Great LMS for Non-Profits

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

Edvance360 offers all the LMS features our clients need at an affordable price. As a non-profit entity it is important for us to offer a LMS service at a low cost and Edvance360 allows us to do that. Creating and developing the front-end of the LMS and eCommerce page was fairly simple and Edvance360 staff was supportive and responsive. Edvance360 Help Desk is extremely responsive for general issues related to the LMS. We successfully utilize this LMS to facilitate teacher professional development and as a secondary student platform.

Cons

I submitted a request for custom features in August and did not receive a reply. After several follow-ups it was agreed to revisit the request in late fall. I followed up again in mid-late October and have not yet received a reply. More timely communication from the development team would be wonderful. Occasionally we will have a technology issue requiring the developers to be involved. These issues take an extremely long time to correct. We currently have multiple open help desk tickets within the feature queue that have not been resolved due to the development team. Several of these tickets have been ongoing requests/issues for over a year.

Response from Edvance360

Thank you for the feedback. It is important to us that you are heard. Please contact Cathy Garland directly to discuss these requests to see if something more can be done to speed things up. We prioritize custom requests by 1) the number of clients that would benefit, and 2) the cost in manpower (since most customizations are provided to clients at no charge).

Pam K.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Edvance 360 allowed us to build an online university!

Reviewed on 2017/01/04

Edvance 360 provided us with the resources needed to build our very first online university. Their ongoing assistance and support continue to be excellent. We have never experienced any technical issues and we are extremely pleased with our choice of Edvance 360. If you are looking for an LMS that provides quality and value, then this is the best choice for you.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate and build courses from the Admin side. The support team and creative team at Edvance 360 are wonderful to work with.

Cons

I wish that we could build out courses and lessons that didn't require so many steps for the user to get to the desired content.

Response from Edvance360

Pam, you need to see the new Course-Building Wizard in V8 - so easy to build courses now!

Fabulous Collection of Advice & Amazing Collaboration Tool

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/08/19

Pros

This platform makes it possible to find out how other Professionals have handled struggles and found sucess handling similar situations that I am experiencing. It allows me to discover new ideas and state goes to try when I have exhausted my own "toolbox". I love that I can have collaborative discussions and problem solving sessions and get input from a group made up culturally diverse professionals.

Cons

So much to choice from and search through one can get side-tracted VERY easily. I always find my self "off track" and it can be hard to find something that I originally planned to engage in.

Ashley H.

Easy to learn!

Reviewed on 2017/01/27

I'm fairly new to my position and learning and teaching Edvance360 has been simple and very user friendly, not only for myself but for new students and faculty. If I ever have a problem, I can open a help ticket and the response is fast and clear. I would highly recommend Edvance360.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

The looks is not very modern or sleek, more of a functional look. The students cannot see their past courses under the front courses page unless I make the end of the term far far along the road. Would be nice if it just stayed up there for them.

Response from Edvance360

Ashley, thank you for the review. We look forward to having your school move to the new interface in Version 8. Also, your school administrator is in charge of when the term ends, so your suggestion might be a good one for them to hear.

Nick F.
Industry: Higher Education

I have been using Edvance360 for my seminary classes for the past 4 years.

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

It provides great organization for classes especially for online classes where students are spread abroad.

Pros

I appreciate the features of professors being able to post assignments online and students being able to submit them online. I like having course pages with the content for each course on there.

Cons

I do not like the emailing system. If someone sends you an email from within 360, you have to go through 360 to respond to the email. It is cumbersome and inconvenient.

Response from Edvance360

Nick, thank you for your feedback - we appreciate hearing from a learner versus say, an admin or instructor. Your perspective is valuable. We will take your suggestion into consideration, but the current reasoning behind the emailing system forcing you back into E360 is 1) it can then track and record your response and 2) it protects you from viruses.

Liz R.
Industry: E-Learning

Responsive sales team, great value and scale able LMS

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

This was our organization's first LMS. We found the sales team to be highly responsive and the training once we signed on to be very helpful. E360 is probably more than we need in an LMS, but for starting out small it has been a great value and price.

We had some difficulty integrating with our FileMakerPro database. We have a third party that manages the FMP interface so we were stuck trying to get that third party and the tech team from E360 to work together, which was challenging at times. I still don't know if that was E360 or our FMP contractor.

We are a small organization offering ~100 blended courses to just under 1000 users per year. The LMS has been robust and has a fairly easy to use interface for users. I wish there were some more simplified reporting - you have to either work with tech support to create a report or use one templates already created. There are also some features I wish it had regarding automatic e-mailing in relation to a date rather than course milestones. Some of it has to do with our company using an LMS a little differently that other organizations. Overall the tech team has been responsive to our needs and willing to work with us to develop solutions.

Pros

- sales team
- tech support
- ease of getting started

Cons

- integration with FileMaker Pro
- complicated to upgrade to newer versions

Response from Edvance360

It is true, that AIARE is a different type of organization and using it quite differently than many other clients, but we are happy to bring on such unique clients as it gives us a chance to respond and evolve.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Paul B.
Industry: Medical Practice

The Best LMS for the Money

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

This is sincerely one of the best learning management systems per dollar spent. Others offer some frills, but I don't think you can beat the value of what Edvance 360 provides. I'd definitely recommend this system for anyone seeking a secure online learning tool.

Pros

Value and security.

Cons

Not always intuitive to use.

Patrick I.

Excellent LMS

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

We have used Edvance360 for over three years now and it meets our needs for online learning. It is easy to use and support has been excellent.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility.

Cons

Some minor bugs in the beginning, but most are cleared up now.

Jackson O.

Has the best customer support

Reviewed on 2017/08/28

Pros

I have used several computer learning management systems and this is the best yet. The support has been very helpful in meeting all of our requests to clear any questions or needing help. I have had no problems learning from this software. Anytime I had a problem I called customer support and guided me through everything.

Samuel J.
Industry: Hospitality

For the first few weeks I it wasn't fun at first but I begin to like it as as i get familiar.

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

It promote my work and also help with my time

Pros

the flexibility of the tools to the able to use the drag and drop which let me move smoothly with my work .
I can easily drag a file to where its been needed

Cons

The software guide is too clumsy. for example I ask one of my boys in office to do some functionality for me from the environment using the guide because am full at that moment and i ended up explaining it to him at the end.

Response from Edvance360

Samuel, not sure if you are referring to the manual or the Help Tab (with all the videos and quickstart guides). The manual, since it's a PDF, is a bit cumbersome. We are replacing it shortly. In the meantime, if you or anyone else needs training, it's always available, always free, and just a phone call away.

Dave M.

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

Pros

Useful and easy to use. I use this software to help new employees train so that my time isn't all tied up.

Cons

Old style looking and standard. I personally think it needs an update of some sort, or maybe allow users to be able to customize it themselves.

Response from Edvance360

Dave, sounds like you are on an old version - possibly version 7 instead of 8? Let's get you moved over! Just submit a Help Ticket and we'd be glad to share the process. You can read and watch videos all about the new version here: http://www.edvance360.com/more-info/

Jan G.

Edvance360 - Extraordinaire

Reviewed on 2015/01/06

Edvance360's Learning Management System is truly a state of the art system. Before finding Edvance360, our company had tried 4 other Learning Management Systems that were both cumbersome and confusing for our end-users, could not deliver our product satisfactorily to our customers and were not cost effective. Then we discovered Edvance306, and we have been extremely pleased with all aspects of their management system. The program, while not totally intuitive, is easy to learn and understand. The training program is the most outstanding and most thorough that we've encountered. Technical support is prompt with responses and "fixes" and open to considering suggestions and alternatives that have enhanced the delivery to our end users.
If you are looking for the best in the Learning Management Industry, I strongly suggest you look no further than Edvance360.

Ben F.

Makes learning less stressful

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Pros

Being able to learn at my own pace, and being able to do it outside of the classroom is great. I'm happy that this my teacher uses this software.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this software is if your not a motivated individual you are going to fall behind very fast in your class.

Rebecca S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great Training product

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Edvance360 is amazing! These folks know what they are doing and are willing to help in any way needed. I've had nothing but positive experiences throughout the process of implementation. Thank you so much! This product has changed our business for the better.

Pros

How detailed it can be, but not necessary when you don't need a lot of details.

Cons

It is A LOT! I can see why someone would need to dedicate a lot of their time to this, but training is extremely important and I feel all of the options are necessary for the most part.

Jimmy D.

Edvance360

Reviewed on 2015/02/11

When Valor Christian College launched its online program we researched the best Learning Management System for our needs. Having developed courses and teaching online for several institutions, I was very familiar with the leading delivery platforms for education. Edvance360 not only delivered the same components necessary to provide a quality online course, they did it at a much lower cost, and with personalized, friendly attention to Valor's specific needs. I would not consider using another LMS.

Alex C.

It was well organised and user-friendly.

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

It made it easier to get through the modules I have to do which saves me a lot of time

Pros

I think the user interface is the greatest part, it is very intuitive and easy to use and enabled me to get through modules quicker saving me a lot of time.

Cons

I feel like they could use a few extra bells and whistles to go above and beyond. the features are kind of average.

Response from Edvance360

Alex, thank you for your feedback. We believe your school is using an older version of Edvance360 - let your administrators know! There are a number of really cool features in V8.

Stephanie M.

Education made easier

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Pros

As a medical student, I like being able to take home my education using this software. I'm usually overloaded with school work, but this software gives me the ability to balance out my school/personal life.

Cons

I have not found anything that I dislike about this software yet. I am perfectly content with it. Thank you.

John B.

Edvance360 Feedback

Reviewed on 2013/09/20

Our students, faculty, and staff continually support the use of Edvance360 as our LMS. Edvance360 is easy to use and has great customer service.

Toshiki H.
Industry: Internet

A painless way to learn.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/10/10

a lot

Pros

Using this software, it was easy for me to learn my classes that I need to learn. I actually prefer to learn this way and hope I will be using this software next year.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like about this software was the UI on my phone. Other than that I had no problems with it.

Response from Edvance360

Toshiki, thank you for the feedback. Your school is on an older version, we believe. If they will upgrade to Version 8.1, we believe you will love the mobile interface.

Industry: Higher Education

Great for distance learning programs!

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

Since our community is composed of small nearby islands, we can't be travelling every single day just to go to college. Our college has established many online learning system for years and Edvance360 is the most efficient one that student, regardless of age, can easily understand and learn after using it a few times. It provides more tools compared to the other online learning softwares that we previously have tried, like the completion of the work to do, the automatic updates of work done, the automatic grade updates and other bunch of stuff.

Cons

Discussion forums is still useful even after the chapter discussion is done, since it can still be a reference to the next chapter and to the exams as well. So it would be nice if you can still open the previous discussions even after the closing date.

Response from Edvance360

Thank you for you feedback! Not sure if you are a student, but if you are, your instructor's should open a community or group for the discussion instead of just using the discussion tool inside the course - that way it's limited to just the course! Alternatively, they could use their blog for the discussions, which are always available at all times. Your admin might need to turn these things on, but we love your feedback!

Melinda K.

Edvance360 Review

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

Edvance360 has been a great transition for our school. The faculty and students have all adapted well and been able to use the system successfully. There are a couple of features that would be welcome additions but we've been able to work around and find solutions for things that we've needed.

Pros

Easy to use, allows for various levels of admin/user permissions, simple for students.

Cons

Set up can be time consuming for Gradebooks, files are all download only vs view in a new window/tab, we've had various issues with test functions.

Heather G.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

e360 is a great system for online education but not perfect

Reviewed on 2018/03/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

All of the cons are relatively minor glitches that can be overlooked in light of the pros of this system. I recommend it for academic institutions that are seeking good online solutions.

Pros

I like the ease of use of e360. I like that you can easily rearrange lessons in the classroom, switch things from week to week, and that it provides a check list for students to go through and make sure they complete the entire lesson. I like the calendar feature and the ease of communicating with students through posting class announcements or using agents to remind them of assignments due. I like that you can embed video, connect dropboxes, or attach almost anything you want to a lesson. Overall, it's excellent for online learning and I recommend it.

Cons

I wish you could attach more than one item to each part of a lesson. The recent update has had several glitches such as ignoring the end date for a drop box, students being unable to see group discussions after the date to contribute to the discussion has closed (it would be nice if became read-only once closed), and it has automatically changed some of the times I put in for closing discussions and/or dropboxes after they were entered and saved. Lastly, it's annoying to have to upload everything to the repository prior to being able to add it to a class.

Response from Ashley

Heather, thank you for your review! We value your partnership with Edvance360, and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience with us. We want to let you know that the E360 Version 8 release, which went live in 2016, now allows for Admins and Course Designers to build their Courses via a "Course Building Wizard" found on their Homepage Tool Panels. This Wizard now allows the user the option to either add Lesson content previously uploaded to the Repository OR to browse their PC's to directly add content from right within the Wizard. If you'd like to explore this feature, or this new Version, please be sure to open a Help Ticket requesting a Sandbox for testing, prior to your upgrade. Thank you!

Andrew H.

The best customer support ever

Reviewed on 2017/07/06

Pros

I've really enjoyed working with the edvance360 -- they provide some of the best support I've seen. I use them to help enable our sales efforts and now that we are using them I'm not sure how we didn't use this before.

Cons

Some of the user Interface doesn't make processes clear to admins or employees. I think with more clear processes it would help out my team of professionals.

Response from Edvance360

Andrew, thank you for your feedback! Sometimes the process need to be tweaked per client - which we are more than willing to do! We sometimes call these "click-paths" or short-cuts. If you'll give us a call, we can walk through them and come up with something that I'm positive will help your admins out.

Joel U.
Industry: E-Learning

Head Admissions Coach

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

I have been using Edvance360 for over 6 years and I have use other LMS platforms, however Edvance360 has been the best overall platform for our students, faculty, and admin.

Pros

Great support, right price, and user-friendly platform.

Cons

Integration limitations with other programs, like CRM platforms.

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

E360 is not as innovative as the rest of its competitors, but does work for the price

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

It was a great product for starting out implementing an LMS. It is very easy to administer.

Pros

It is great if you have a lower budget and are trying to get a good LMS implemented. From an administrative standpoint, it is very easy to see login history for users. For teachers, it is very easy to see a class roster.

Cons

The support was very much lacking. Any time we had an issue, it felt like it was a struggle to get a decent response from customer service. The UI is old and outdated. For the size school we have, it does not seem to keep up.

Response from Edvance360

We thank this anonymous reviewer for taking the time to provide feedback. It appears that they are a school and quite likely on an old version that is more difficult to support. If the reviewer would like to contact Cathy Garland ([email protected]), we'll be happy to listen more, make adjustments where needed, and ensure your teachers are well taken care of!