EZOfficeInventory Reviews

4.7/5 (713 reviews)
James B.

Easiest Software I have used to track assets

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

I am a massive advocate for this system. I inherited the software at my previous company and when I moved companies I made sure I introduced it we started off with 30 assets and are now looking to increase to over 2000. I'm sure there are more complex systems out there for the nicjhe asset tracking but as an everyday tracking software for small or large asset list I would choose this software over the others I trailled on the market.,

Pros

It user friendly customisations options are really key to the success of its use within our company. We are able to add and custom fields for certain product groups to make the software suit various items we have from equipment calibration dates with automatic reminders of expiry to job numbers consumables are used on and charged to. Four different departments use the software to track consumables, high value stock items, plant and test equipment, with the separate views we can all work simultaneously on the same account without affecting each others assets. For the price you cant go wrong if you are looking to track assets in an office, warehouse or construction site environment.

Cons

Took us a while to get the reporting function finalised so that we could get the required output but with some trial and error and a few customer service calls it now does what we need.

Matthew F.

100 times better than we expected

Reviewed on 2017/03/15

We researched an inventory system to migrate to a few years ago and we came across EZOfficeInventory. We determined it looked like the best option and it had one of the best prices. Not only have we thoroughly enjoyed everything about EZOfficeInventory since the migration, but since we have the highest tier subscription plan, we can request any new feature that we want them to integrate for us and we have done that several times already. Each time we request something new they always make it happen for us so we have been pleased with every request we have made. One of the coolest integrations that EZOfficeInventory has is that it integrates directly with Zendesk which is what we use already for our help desk ticketing system. I honestly don't know what we would do without EZOfficeInventory at this point. Even the support staff is friendly and quick to respond.

Pros

You can create any kind of custom reports you want. Sort items by groups and sub groups. It syncs with LDAP. The pricing is competitive. You can configure alerts and custom access rights. It uses QR codes and barcodes. Easy to import existing assets from csv files. I could go on, but my hands are getting tired from typing.

Cons

Having a hard time thinking of any cons, but one thing it could use is a few more "bulk edit" options other than bulk editing assets themselves. Like it would be nice if I could bulk edit a certain user field or something like that. I also wish I could bulk edit the document/image library to remove all the duplicates. This is an extremely minor con.

Thomas W.

Exactly what we needed

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

We are coming from a custom inventory solution through FileMaker Pro. It was setup about 15 years ago and no one knows how to configure it anymore. We looked at several inventory management systems only to be driven off by the cost or lack of features. EZOfficeInventory quoted us with the best price BY FAR, and had just as many features as their competitors. It only took me a week to groom our database and get it uploaded and ready to audit. That was just me working solo while doing my daily tasks.

Pros

It's feature rich, and easy to configure. I've had very little difficulty converting our very dated inventory database over to EZOfficeInventory.

Cons

It would be really convenient if we were able to upload more than 1000 assets at a time. Other than that, I have no complaints so far.

Marvin B.

Very easy to use and understand. Great user interface. Editing is a breeze!

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

This software is taking me from several huge spreadsheets and no photos to a streamlined, searchable, history tracking, photo attached inventory system. No longer do I have to track multiple files and spreadsheets. It is all in one place.

Pros

It is FAST and very simple to use. I can change records so easily if I need to correct or edit anything. Adding custom fields is great for unique data. Searching is with the ability to search multiple terms at once. Filtering allows me to further 'drill down'. The three different types of items make it simple to separate company owned, client owned and disposable inventory. Adding photos and other documents is also very easy. Managing photos is fairly simple, but see 'cons' below. User permission has a very deep control mechanism allowing viewability to be finely tuned and managed as needed. The cart feature is awesome for checking out multiple items at once. You can then check in the same cart for fast returns. Searching with the mobile app via text, or scanning QR codes is blazing fast. Zero time is wasted waiting on EZO. Any lag is all on me. I use this software to track items in a photo studio, the things that belong to our clients that we are photographing. As such, we must isolate those items so that there is no client crossover. This works great!

Cons

As of this writing (5/2018) the view is not 'responsive' to your screen size. It is also not possible to manually resize column widths. Some views allow you to hide the right sidebar while others do not. This is promised to be an updated feature coming in 7/2018. When interacting with individual records after a search, it is not possible to return to the search results. The search must be repeated. There is no feature to create shelf barcode or QR code labels. Must use external software, but you can easily link those, one by one.

Matthew D.

Great Inventory System

Reviewed on 2017/02/12

This is a great system. Unfortunately I have nothing to compare EZOfficeInventory as the system we used before was just a spreadsheet. EZOfficeInventory has change the way we manage all our IT equipment and now our Finance department is notified when equipment changes hands and knows exactly where everything is.

I do have a few issues with the system but they are minor complains. You can only view 25 items at a time which makes things difficult as we have over 500 items entered into the system, you are really limited to the search function to look for things, although it does work well. When clicking on items in your inventory it opens to that page. I wish it opened in its own window because when you are making changes to that item, you have to click back several times. I also wish there was a way to separate the inventory completely so that certain categories can have their own separate asset number. Our Finance department expressed interest in using this system to inventory our vehicles, but I cant really do that as it would mix with our IT's asset numbers and I'd really like them separate.

I've only contacted Customer Support one time but they were quick to respond and resolve my issue.

If you are still using a spreadsheet to keep inventory I highly suggest trying out EZOfficeInventory as it is a great system to use.

Pros

It does what it is advertised to do, I like that there are alerts setup when changes are made, and I can easily pull up reports when needed.

Cons

I've expressed this in my review.

Kerrie D.

Fantastic! Fantastic! Fantastic!

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

I tell people all the time that EZ should put me on their payroll as much as I praise & recommend their service! I have used EZ for a total of 4 years & have loved every part of it. It's incredibly user-friendly & retains any data you need to see at a glance between the comments section, custom fields & attachments. They have just enough levels of control that aren't overwhelming to incorporate but still maintains the levels of security that are needed.

I am currently using it to organize/maintain a Samples Department where we have samples from all over the world with different specs. Each piece (some have multiple quantities & others are a single item) needs to be tracked with specific details maintained amongst 7 departments & 4 branches. Needless to say, this is an amazing tool to keep control & accountability for the assets.

Their customer service is phenomenal! Every time I have a question they are quick to respond, thorough in their answer (including links) & have even implemented suggestions I had that helped with workflow. The definition of EZ is working smarter & not harder. Keep the outstanding work up EZ!! You make my job sooooooo much easier!

Pros

User-friendly, security levels, QR labels,

Cons

The only possible thing I can think of is having comments & attachments for the vendors but the Production Team is already working on that (see you in May :-)

Kerrie D.

Couldn't ask for better!

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Inventory management

Pros

Cons

The only con I can think would be not having images on their search engine and reports. Some times a picture is worth a thousand words.

Bryan D.

I use this for my work, and have had not problems with it at all. Everything is very easy and workab

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

Making life a lot easier for organization.

Pros

I think the thing that I like the most about this software is the simplicity. It is not asking too much, while also providing all the services I need. What we as a company use this for mostly is asset reservation, which is anything from chairs to tents that we will need for our various projects. We work in an office of about 100 people, all of which use the software frequently, and by frequently I mean every day. That being said I have never experienced a problem with the site being slow, glitchy, or remotely overloaded. I think that speaks loudly to how well it works because when using other websites, such as that for our car reservations, we get problems with the site crashing and typically causing us to waste our time figuring out the problem that the software created for us (when it is supposed to make our lives easier and less stressful).

Cons

This question is a bit tougher because I have not personally ran into any problems with the site, so asking what I like least is a bit tougher to tackle. One thing I will note is the categories that all of the assets are put into are very strict, where a single misspelled word will come up with nothing. I think that allowing the search bar to be a little more lenient and accommodating to small spelling errors, or descriptive words would make life a little easier when one accidentally misspells a word, or cant remember the exact name it might be under.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

We appreciate you taking the time to review EZOfficeInventory.

Your feedback regarding the search bar has been forwarded to our product team. If you are in need of any assistance or have further suggestions for us, please contact our support team.

Thanks!

Iliana H.

Changing the Game

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

EZ Office has allowed us to track our spending, use, and overall asset inventory on a whole new level. It gives us a centralized place to have old designs, quantities and use history stored. Our systems, procedures, and product has been able to evolve and live on past individuals with the help of EZ Office. Unless I'm mistaken, the biggest feature that's missing is simply the ability to purchase EZ for a company and then add different departments/teams. That would be wonderful for the different facets of a university and all that we collectively use in terms of materials and promotional items.

Pros

-Single sign on capability
-Non sign-in users
-Multiple locations for inventory
-Scanner integration
-Label maker template

Cons

-It can be a little hard to get lost in the advanced setting if you're not using many features.
-The inability to turn certain features/fields off
-Aesthetics on the user interface
-The lack of white papers/webinars that offer live and up to date case studies or example uses
-The mobile app isn't entirely user friendly and in some ways does not mirror the desktop version.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi Iliana,

Thank you for taking the time to review EZOfficeInventory.

- We are in the process of updating our UI/UX which will improve Aesthetics like you said.
- We have number of whitepapers/case studies that you can read. You can find them here
(https://faq.ezofficeinventory.com/white-papers/)
(https://www.ezofficeinventory.com/case-studies) moreover we are also initiating webinars, so we will keep you posted.
- I have forwarded your feedback regarding our mobile app and its UI/UX to our product team.

Chuck G.

Maximize limited resources

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

We can maximize the use of our limited resources by reserving in-advance, communicating our intended usage to allow sharing, and to schedule calibration and maintenance. We can use the history in EZO to justify new equipment purchases or to find new ways of maximizing the current equipment's utility.

Pros

EZO is intuitive to use. I can schedule the use of equipment immediately or months in advance. I can leave notes to my colleagues about what the equipment will be set to and if they can share it for the duration of my reservation. EZO emails me when reservations are ending and allows me to email colleagues about their reservations. Equipment can be categorized into different groups. Manufacturer Specs and calibration records can be attached into EZO for convenience.

Cons

The software is a valuable tool but It needs the administrator to stay on top of changing resources to maximize it's benefit. The team needs to use EZO fairly and properly and not over-reserve equipment.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi Chuck,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed review on EZOfficeInventory platform.

Shannon N.

EZOfficeInventory makes life easier!

Reviewed on 2017/01/13

Until now, our inventory has been "tracked" in an Access database that only 1-2 people in the organization had access to. When assets move, they end up lost because that info cannot be updated by the people that move it. We have only been using it for a short 6 months or so but we expect this ability alone will help our annual inventory process immensely.

Pros

Ease of access, it is customizable to fit our needs and the mobile app is helpful too!

Cons

We have difficulty with permissions. Most of our users fit well under Staff credentials and while we want very few to have Admin priveledges, we do need some of our Staff users to do a couple of small things that only Admins can do. We tried setting up a Supervisor role and that was ideal for all but one category. We do not want anyone other than the actual administrators to be able to change the asset name or number. Once this is entered, nobody should be able to change it but the Supervisor role allowed for that change.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Thanks for your feedback. Our features are dependent on customer feedback, and if we receive enough requests on additional roles, we'll be sure to add them to our product. Please do let us know if we can assist in anyway for a campus wide deployment

Vidya H.

Great software for an even greater price!

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

For the past three years EZOffice has been a great fit for our company. Customer service is outstanding, their staff are always willing to make the time to give you the training, tips or any help you might need.
The user interface allows new users to become proficient quickly. The ability to incorporate bar codes and product images is very helpful.
EZOffice offers tools that give you visibility of every item and automatically calculate key factors and settings such as preferred stocking levels, lead-times and re-orders points.
It is easily customizable and integrates well with other software.
The ability to create a search or report to facilitate data analysis is another plus for us.
The mobile app is just as great.

Cons

Once you delete an item you will loose the item number.

Inventory nightmares gone!

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

so far as been good, good support, they get back to you quickly, they are out of Reno. they were helpful and easy to work with, never had any real issue with the program at all.

Pros

Its super easy to set up and get going, bulk add features are nice, easy to add users as well and group them to certain areas, helps keeping tabs of items to loan out much easier for both the back end and for end users to check those items out

Cons

compared to the old system i was using not much, i just wish you could delete users if they have never used anything or checked something out, but you can only disable their account.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

We appreciate you taking the time to review EZOfficeInventory.

Account Owners can certainly delete users, for that you need to enable 'Member Deletion' option under company settings.
If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to us to get a better understanding of the product.

Thanks!

Chris H.

EZ Office has given our technicians a much needed boost in efficiency

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

It helped us better plan out inventory purchases and reduced missing/lost inventory reports by 75%.

Pros

The best part about this platform is that it allows us to setup asset groups and pull reports based on asset usage. This has dramatically helped us get a handle on proper inventory levels and inventory purchasing.

Cons

The worst part about this platform is the mobile app. It's incredibly slow and not extremely elegant although it gets the job done. My suggestion would be to focus on increasing application speed and the UI.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi Chris, thank you for taking the time to review EZOfficeInventory. I have forwarded your feedback regarding our mobile app's speed and UI to our product team. They are in process of evaluating our mobile app and they will incorporate your feedback before making the next update. If you have any further suggestions or are in need of any assistance, please reach out to our support team.

Michael W.

EZOfficeInventory is Truly Easy and a Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

This software has made the nightmare of who-has-what into a manageable task. We use it to track user equipment. We don't have a large inventory moving in and out since our product is services, not goods. We haze approximately 100 users and their hard drives, computers and phones are all tied to them for compliance and tracking reasons. EZOfficeInventory makes the task of managing the inventory and staff extremely simple.

Pros

Ease of setup and use. Pair this with a barcode reader and it sings. It's super easy to customize for our needs. the software is web-based for updates are instant and it can be used from a Smartphone or any PC.

Cons

This is is a small pick - I think the interface might be a bit more sleek and attractive. Perhaps the simplicity is needed to maintain speedy loading and access to the database. If that's the case, keep the looks and the speed.

Anh L.

A very helpful quality system!

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

I love this cloud platform for doing inventory!

Pros

Very easy to manage as an admin and very easy to train users.
You can access the database from your phone or tablet.
You can scan for inventory from you cell or tablet.
You can custom design your own inventory labels.
You can easily import and clone inventory items.
Simple and clean interface for intuitive learning and working.

Cons

I can't think of any right now. However, in the future, I'd like for the ability to auto un-assign items when we need to archive/ delete a user. Right now, you have to un-assign the items yourself first, then you can archive/ delete a user. But, if you just try to delete a user, you don't get any error message. The transaction just won't go through.

Brian P.

Amazing Product - Highly recommend

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

It's been great. Great customer support, and we've been able to come up with ways to use it for tracking items and managing building materials inventory that we can now use the reporting capabilities to job cost.

Pros

The ease of use while having the flexibility to tailor it to meet the needs of our business, not modify our business to work with the product. Really the possibilities are endless and are limited to your imagination. The reporting capabilities are exceptional. Very robust, reliable, and essential service.

Cons

Not much I can think of. Any area that was of a challenge i contacted customer support and they either had an idea for a work around or incorporated my idea into future enhancements that ended up rolling out later.

Jon S.

Great Inventory Management Product

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

We were looking for a new inventory management product to combine the Excel Pages, and SharePoint tables we had setup to manage inventory and put it in one place. In addition, we really wanted something to integrate with Zendesk since it has already been a success for our company.

We found it in EZOfficeInventory. We started with the free trial and integrated it with Zendesk quickly. We have about 1,000 assets at present that we are tracking now. The setup and importing the assets was pretty easy because of the templates they provide. Their software allows for you to do a lot to customize and add fields that we needed. We are easily able to check out and assign assets, edit them, mark inventory out for service, setup for reports, and it all links back to Zendesk! The price point is a really good value for the product. I definitely recommend this product to anyone who has less than 2,000 assets to manage and wants an easy way for their Helpdesk to check items in and keep accountability of your inventory.

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to integrate with Zendesk.

Cons

I wish there was more we could do from within Zendesk without backing back out to their webpage, but it is a small inconvenience.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Thank you for the feedback!

Alex M.

My Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

My overall experience has been good. The system was setup before I worked for this organization so coming in and learning it was pretty easy. Since then we've upgraded our account which has made it much more useful. Just waiting on the ability to use barcodes to add items to a queue in order to check them in.

Pros

The thing that I like the most about this software is the cart functionality.

Cons

The thing that I like the least about this software is the inability to scan items into a cart for checking in. This would be similar to checking items out but in reverse.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to review EZOfficeInventory.

About using cart feature for checking in, you can definitely do that. To get a better understanding how it is used, you can contact our support team ([email protected])

Michael D.

Great for Equipment Check-out

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

We are a large Media company and use EZOffice Inventory for checking out and tracking Audio recording, Video streaming, Broadcast and PA gear. It has improved our operations considerably, and we no longer have to make panicked calls looking for needed equipment.

Pros

The program is highly adaptable to the needs of individual companies, and allows great control over inventory. The software is also very good at communicating with users.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve for the less technically-inclined, but a little gentle direction helps them find their way.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi Michael,

We appreciate you taking the time to review EZOfficeInventory.

If there is anything you need to learn about our product, please reach out to our awesome Customer Success team at [email protected]

Nicholas B.

A solid asset management system

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

The EZ Office system works great! It is very useful in organizing and keeping track of the technology that I have in use with it. While working in the IT department in a high school my team and I have hundreds of devices that we need to keep track of and this is a great solution. I have never had problem while using EZ Office and everything is well organized and very intuitive. It's a great system.

Pros

The ability to keep track of many different types of devices throughout their use. Beyond just knowing where the device is located but also knowing whose has he device, any issues with it that need to be addressed and more.

Cons

The only issue that I have ever had is at times the site says that it is down and to contact support. By reloading and re-logging in has always solved this.

Jessica B.

EZOffice Inventory System

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

We are beginning to solve many issues with EZOffice Inventory.
The main solution is getting a hold of an inventory system that is growing daily.
It allows us to track calibration paper work with each asset giving us alerts when one is due or is being returned from a vendor. This has helped not only our equipment department, but also our purchasing department.

Pros

This cloud based inventory system was implemented only 30 days ago and has already helped out our inventory department tremendously.
It allows us to use QR Codes and bar codes seamlessly along with RF-ID tags linked back to each individual asset and/or member.
Along with the ability to add in custom fields for inter company asset tracking, GPS tracking, custom system alert emails, and much more. Implementing EZOffice Inventory company wide was a breeze and end-user training was very simple!
Cloud based so access is a breeze from anywhere as long as there is an internet connection.
There is also an iPhone and Android app available with a build-it scanner for QR/BAR codes!!

Cons

The only CON, which can also be a PRO, is the fact the software is cloud based.
Since it is cloud based, you will need an internet connection to use the software.
Also, since it is cloud based, as long as you have an internet connection, you can fully utilize this software from any where.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for such as detailed feedback.

EZOfficeInventory Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

We are able to manage camera and IT inventory very well with EZ office, it helps us stay organized and keeps team members accountable for gear and gear maint. requests. Very useful tool!

Pros

I like the fact that you can create groups to organize different assets. Creating groups and subgroups really helps me keep my IT assets and camera assets separate and organized. It makes monthly inventory checks a breeze and keeps our team accountable for things that break or go missing from inventory. Really great feature.

Cons

I think it can still sometimes get a little messy when you are trying to search for items.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi,

We appreciate you taking the time to write review on EZOfficeInventory platform.

Mike V.

EZOffice is Awesome

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

We use EZOffice to track our spare computer parts

Pros

EZOffice is truly the best inventory system I have used. I've tried several other packages over the years but none are as easy to use and none have as many features as EZOffice. The great part about EasyOffice is that you can learn as you go so you don't have to use all the features to track your inventory. I really like the low quantity report when it come time to order new parts.

Cons

I can't think of any cons...just keep improving what's already excellent and add new features if others have any ideas.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi,

We are glad that you like our product. Thank you for taking the time to review EZOfficeInventory.

Matt G.

quick simple database

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

It has been good I do like the feel of the records. The overall design is not specifically set for my applications related to budgeting and information sharing. I make do with it. Hopefully the product will continue to develop and I will eventually have completely what I need

Pros

The multi user feature is very nice. We have about ten full time users on our phones and that is very productive.

Cons

The limited report generation with grouping and sorting is a problem. I off load the data to another database that I had built with the reports and view screens I need specifically. I am still working to get closer with EZ.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi Matt,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a detailed review.