Dashlane for Business Reviews

Dashlane for Business

Password manager and identity access management solution

Scott
Scott
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

This is the best and most secure password manager. Period.

Reviewed on 2019/01/06

I use Dashlane to securely store all of my passwords and to create very strong passwords for my accounts. The sync features also makes logging into my account across my devices easy.

Pros

Dashlane is the best password manager out there. I've used several others, and I can confidently say Dashlane beats them all.
From the very neat and intuitive user interface to the ease of use, this software is just awesome.
The autofill option works like charm. That makes logging in very easy and painless.
Another wonderful feature is that it seamlessly syncs my passwords across all my devices, making them available in whatever platform I'm using.

Cons

Aside the price, there's really nothing to complain about since I never expected such a wonderful software to come so cheap.

CHRISTOS
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Robust Password Manager

Reviewed on 2020/02/13

Dashlane is one of the best Password Managers out there. Both the personal and the business accounts work very well and they offer the kind of security you'd expect from such a platform. Overall I suggest to try it.

Pros

The chrome extension is very easy to use and adds a lot of functionality.

Cons

At an admin level, it can get a bit complicated to manage access and transfer of password.

LastPass

Reasons for Switching to Dashlane for Business

I used both products for a period of 6 months to decide which one works for me and my business
Flint
  • Used for 1-5 months

Stole our Money - No Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Terrible!

Terrible!

Pros

- I have no Pros other than they had great marketing appeal. But that was short lived after we bought the service and didn't get the information we needed to sign in.

Cons

- Stole our money
- No Customer Service
We were so excited to get our first password manager system setup. Dashlane seemed professional, marketing efforts we great, so we moved forward. We paid to get our first 2 years which they were then suppose to email us our temporary password with username to login for the first time. Well the temporary password was never sent. We tried to find a number to call, there was none. I tried emailing their customer service, no answer over 3 months. I finally found a call, but no one would answer. Upon further review, I saw that SEVERAL other customers had the same issue and lost their money. Highly Recommend you stay away. I hope they fix the issue or they're just being a scam.

RoboForm

Reasons for Switching to Dashlane for Business

I ended up using Roboform and still use them. Roboform I would recommend.
Omar Eduardo
Omar Eduardo
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Make safe passwords, across all of your devices!

Reviewed on 2021/05/20

I am very pleased with the overall functionality of this app. I would recommend it to a friend or business if they are on the market for a password manager. Setting it up and using it is a breeze.

I have been a paying customer for three years now, and I won't be switching out of it anytime soon. I believe Dashlane is the best password manager on the market right now.

Pros

I like having a password manager that syncs all of your passwords across your devices. I use it on my Mac laptop, work computer and mobile phone and it works like a charm.

On iOS, they recently added support to autocomplete password entries with any app or web log-in form. This works great most of the time, and it helps you quickly sign-in.

I've had to contact support for a billing issue I had, and they solved it quickly and to my full satisfaction.

Cons

Sometimes, after adding or changing a password on desktop, syncing the data to the mobile phone takes time. It's usually only 1 to 2 minutes, but sometimes this delays affects the usability of the program.

Dashlane recently replaced the desktop version for a browser extension. This is slower than using the desktop app because I now need to open the browser.

Some websites or applications don't support Dashlane's password autocomplete mode. This is a problem with the app developers and not Dashlane's fault, but still, it can get annoying sometimes.

Simon
Simon
  • Industry: Media Production

Dashlane - The OG password manager that just works!

Reviewed on 2021/06/29

Right from day one, Dashlane has been a breeze to use. With great features and functionality that rivals it's competitors, Dashlane has made it extremely easy to store and use password within a secure environment. No leaks, no breaches - pure security!

Pros

Since we have been long time user of the free version of Dashlane, moving to the Business plan was only obvious when our business grew. It has been easy to use with multiple users. What's more? Every user account gets the family plan added that they can user for their personal use with family members.

Cons

Smaller business could find the cost burdensome especially in developing countries where maximum compliance is still expected but the cost becomes higher as more user are added.

Tab
Tab
  • Industry: Publishing

Quality encryption and Breach Alerts help make this the best password manager

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Saves us from having to remember (and type) dozens of passwords.

Saves us from having to remember (and type) dozens of passwords.

Pros

Quality encryption helps make this the best password manager...I especially like the Security Dashboard feature which alerts you when a company might have experienced a password breach so you can quickly change yours. (Often before the companies themselves privately notify us or alert the media.)

We use Dashlane on the web (on our Chromebooks), desktop, and Android phones. A great feature is their Emergency option which allows you to give anyone you select access to particular secure notes and/or passwords they might need if an emergency arises. (We operate in a hurrican prone area so this provides peace of mind.)

Cons

I like the password changer, but it doesn't always work on every site so in those instances, you have to change them manually. Small complaint, but a valid one.

Don
Don

Dashlane Saves the Day!

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

Pros

With all the places I go that require passwords, my brain would explode if I tried to keep track of them all. Dashlane manages every password, helps to generate very strong passwords, and it frees my memory banks for more important information. Then it also keeps track of all my IDs, credit cards, and other secure data. With autofill, I almost never have to enter information into forms on the web. Shopping is really simple!

Cons

I've had a little difficulty with the automatic password changing routine; it may be my fault. I'd like a "search" function to go to specific apps quickly, no you have to scroll through everything to get what you want.

Leonardo
Leonardo
  • Industry: Legal Services

Good purchase - there are also alternatives

Reviewed on 2022/04/20

Good purchase, there are cheaper on-premise alternatives - out of the box it's easy to use.

Pros

Easy to set up and get it going, Public WiFi VPN is great.

Cons

Dashlane on Chromium devices does not always work good - the autofill feature can sometimes mess up the input in the text fields.

LastPass
Joshua
Joshua

An absolute godsend

Reviewed on 2018/10/29

Dashlane is great for securely storing not only passwords and having your browser auto login, but also for secure notes such as server information and other sensitive data. I also love that syncing feature which means that this information is across all of my devices no matter where I am.

Pros

I would be lost without Dashlane's auto login and Secure Notes features. I use them both heavily. Prior to this I was storing this information in my head or worse, in emails and text documents. Now, Dashlane keeps it all secure for me.

Cons

I find that sometimes the auto login will choose the wrong account and I then have to logout and relogin again. But this is a minor inconvenience.

Vatsala
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Unveiling the Efficiency of Dashlane for Business

Reviewed on 2023/10/19

Pros

Secure Password Generation,Secure Sharing

Cons

Integration with Certain Apps,Offline Access

Tim

Decent password management for the average user

Reviewed on 2022/04/01

I found the usage within my organisation somewhat spotty. It was widely adopted but disliked by the technical staff who wanted to use a more secure solution. It was widely used by most technologically literate staff.
However the staff who did not have much knowledge of computer use had a poor adoption rate. I can only imagine that this lowered the effectiveness of password management for these users.

Pros

It was a decent piece of software for the average user. They adopted it and found its use improved their workflow - particularly on websites in which the chrome plugin worked effectively.
I found that it provided a decent tool for managing my work passwords at the time and i eventually used the free dashlane tool at home before moving onto a solution that I personally preferred. It provided a good mix of convenience and security.

Cons

The company i worked for at the time used a premium account (for business) however switched to a different solution. Because i was not part of the decision to switch I cannot exactly explain why this was the case.
Once I was using the free version after the premium ran out I found that this software was a good example of 'nagware'. It kept constantly asking me to go back to premium usage. I understand the company has to make money and convert free users to premium users but i found it too obtrusive and migrated all of my passwords over to a new solution.
The software has a tradeoff between security and convenience with online password storage. Useful for the average user's passwords, but critical passwords should be stored offline.

Definitely a helpful, important tool to have

Reviewed on 2021/04/26

Every now and then it might be a bit buggy but overall I am happy with Dashlane and they provide a service that is a must-have for all of us in the world of the internet.

Pros

- I really like the password health functionality they have where they notify you of passwords that might be compromised (ie. after the discovery of a security bug in Spotify) as well as passwords that are weak and/or repeated often. As you fix the issues, your PW health improves and an account admin can also monitor the pw health of the whole team.
- Their support team really tries to help.
- The software now also knows my address details and such which makes online shopping much more seamless.

Cons

It's a shame that they are discontinuing the Dashlane app you could have on your computer and it will solely be a browser extension. However, I understand why they do this as in the past I've used the computer app to change lots of passwords (in an attempt to fix my pw health score) however there was an issue when trying to sync between the app and the browser extension (and mobile app). While their customer support was helpful unfortunately all the changed pws were lost to me and I had to start all over.

Good choice for larger companies

Reviewed on 2022/08/30

Pros

We decided to use Dashlane for our whole team. It became a necessity to find a good password management software once we reached 70 people, and more. It is quite hard to set up everything but once you are used to it, you realize it's really a great tool. We have teams which each have their own vault. And each employee can also create their own.

Cons

It is quite expensive and there are a lot of other options out there, but this one is the best for us right now.

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications

There’s no better way to keep track of your passwords than this app!

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

A secure and organized way to keep track of your many passwords. You don't have to remember any of them and manage your online accounts with peace of mind effectively.

Pros

Dashlane is very easy to use and just the perfect app to keep track of your passwords, renew them every so often, and be assured of unique and secured login details. The design is also very straightforward and intuitive, unlike some of its competitors that tend to confuse the user than to help. It is also a highly rated app that makes you confident about your online accounts' security, especially the ones that deal with finances.

Cons

The initial setup can be a bit difficult to manage, but you just have to clearly understand the instructions so you can maximize its full features. Its browser plugin can occasionally send pop-ups to save passwords even if you just did save the passwords.

Hannah
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Dashlane is amazing for password security

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

Dashlane is a password protection app that every business and individual should invest in. Virtual security is not something to take lightly and should be protected at all costs.

Pros

Dashlane is a must-have for password security. You can store an unlimited number of passwords, snd add emails, security questions, and other notes to each password to make sure you have all the information in one spot. Dashlane also allows you to store secure documents and sync your passwords to your device so they auto-fill on your web browser when you log in.

Cons

I had a hard time trying to initially set up two-factor authentication for Dashlane. They could make the process for that easier to find. Other than that, the software is foolproof.

Stuart
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Useful but inflexible and poor service

Reviewed on 2022/05/05

Average .. and in the end the frustrations that Dashlane caused and their service team's inability to help led us to shift to Nord

Pros

a simple to use platform that works (mostly)

Cons

(i) poor and very slow service with no real interest in getting to the bottom of issues.. particularly for unusual issues. Also have a theme of not taking responsibility for problems they cause. (ii) sharing functionality is weak and hard to use (particularly if share a large number of items... you can not search and sort them easily)(iii) change your email address leads to highly frustrating problems as your user name is always welded to the first email address you use

A blessing for the forgetful!

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Dashlane Business is great way to share passwords with other employees for websites that everyone on your team uses. Also, you are able to separate your personal passwords/info from your work passwords, which is the best part!

Pros

Dashlane is very helpful for remembering the hundreds of passwords that we use on a daily basis, especially when you want to have very hard to crack passwords for different websites. I'm able to have a different password for each website and Dashlane keeps track of it all for me. I also love that I can save all my credit cards and bank info in it, so that I can checkout easily on payment platforms and online shopping websites.

Cons

I have had times that Dashlane didn't update a password automatically that I changed on a certain website, which I don't catch until then next time I try to get on that website again.

Marcos
  • Industry: Newspapers

Just one password

Reviewed on 2021/07/07

The experience could not be better. Dashlane allows me to have maximum security on all my accounts with minimal effort and keeps me up to date on any security breaches that I have suffered

Pros

Dashlane allows the management of all your passwords, which today represent an infinite amount of information, with only one password to access or the use of FaceID. This allows you to have different and secure passwords and avoid the use of repeated passwords, with the consequent security risk.

Cons

I practically cannot find any problem, if anything and to point out some inconvenience, that the paid version is needed to be synchronized on different devices

joshua
joshua
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A must have in today's world

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

I have absolutely loved it. I do not know how we lived without this software.

I have absolutely loved it. I do not know how we lived without this software.

Pros

I love the fact that we can securely store sensitive information in one place and share it across platforms.

Cons

I feel like it could be more affordable. Desktop notifications can be annoying at times.

Secret Server Password Manager
Louisa

Couldn' live without it

Reviewed on 2023/03/16

Pros

Dashlane is a very useful tool to save all your passwords and sensitive information securely. I've been using for years and could never stop. It allows me to set very strong and long passwords that i don't need to remember.

Cons

It's amazing, i am very satisfied with this product.

Pierre

Really good, but also expensive

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

A big time saver as you don't need to store by yourself your passwords + it's secure + you'll connect automatically (most of the time) to the websites . Also, it's now working with your phone and tablets (at least for Android, I didn't check for Apple). I really love it and it would be hard to change back

Pros

Dashlane is a very useful tool. It allows you to save all your passwords in a secure way. That mean you don't even know to know them. You can go real hard with 16 digits password and use all different ones for your account and share them of course with your team. The best feature is that it will most of the time automatically fill in your username and password for the websites you're using and it's a real time saver !

Cons

The price for Dashlane Business. It's 8€ / month / user at the time I write this review. I think it's too much

• Industry: Farming
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Dashlane Business Review

Reviewed on 2021/07/06

Pros

I really love the password generator and that I can select which characters I would like to specifically use or exclude in my password. The passwords generated are very random so that makes them very difficult to remember, but the point of Dashlane is to remember your passwords for you so this is not a major issue.
I also love that it detects when the passwords you already have saved are the same, or too similar, and advises you to change them.

Cons

A little bit more expensive than other software used to remember/create passwords, but I think it's worth it overall.

• Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Dashlane is great for companies looking to manage multiple logins and passwords.

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

I've used Dashlane for over 2 years and it is one of my favorite applications. I can easily access passwords from my desktop, personal home computer and smartphone with ease. They sync automatically as well so I'm never stuck searching for a password I can't find.

Cons

There is an issue with changing the original email address on accounts. I've since switched to different companies but I'm unable to change my original login password which is annoying.

Muhammad

SaveLane

Reviewed on 2018/09/23

DarkWeb Search feature is awesome feature that scan millions of record. So if your email or information is leaked on dark web. You can change your email and update your information.

Pros

It has desktop installable application and browser control panel too.
It can save multiple users credentials on same website.
It detects the new credentials it self and ask you right there if you wan't to update it.
You can rename credential title for the ease of remembrance.
You can share desired credentials with multiple users if you want and it can keep them hidden too.

Cons

If you add it first time in your browser, it ask you to reboot the browser and sometime you lose all your pinned and open tabs on chrome.
On some ie tab, it doesn't ask you to login infact login automatically that may create a hassle if you want to see something on Home page.
If your session expires and you refresh the page, it login the use in additional tab instead of existing one

Benjamin
Benjamin

Dashlane has given me some security peace mind.

Reviewed on 2016/07/13

Since the moment I started using Dashlane it has become a major component of my daily workflow. I'm constantly training entrepreneurs around the world and have a need to maintain control on the access to many websites for numerous clients. Dashlane allows me to share access without the worry of losing control of who has what passwords. Dashlane also has brought a peace of mind in regards to my online business. I used Dashlane's Emergency center and Sharing Center to put in place a continuity plan in case anything happens to me. This enables my business and access to my business to continue on in the unforeseen case of something happening. Without Dashlane's ease of password management and secure notes I don't know where I would be. I like to tell others that I have no idea what any of my passwords are... and THAT is a good thing!

Pros

Excellent browser integration and ease of strong password creation.
The simple one-click control over when and where auto-completion occurs.
The Security Dashboard that is constantly encouraging me to get stronger and unique passwords.
The benefit of having Dashlane watching out for compromised websites and then alerting me that I need to go change my password even BEFORE that company contacts me.

Cons

I really wish there was better integration with Chromebooks.