Showing 26 reviews of 16

Avira Exchange Security

Cloud based email security solution

Showing 26 reviews of 16
George W.

It protects, but not all

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Pros

I have been using avira for quite some time now, and I have installed it on several laptops (my own and friends') and it has always worked quite well. As advantages I can say that:
1.- Its installation process is quite simple.
2.- It can be installed in a mid-range computer without any problem since it usually does not use so many resources, except when it is being updated.
3.- Its analysis system is quite fast and it has always worked well for me to be able to clean pendrives, HH and my own laptop from dangerous elements.
4.- Avira gives you control over your system allowing you to enable or disable some extra functions that allow you to provide a higher level of protection (safe shopping, home guard, vpn, password manager, among others)
5.- It has a help system to improve the speed and stability of the system
6.- It provides a vpn to be able to navigate in a safe way and avoid so that the sites track your data.
7.- And obviously you can enable the blocking function of pages potentially unsafe or harmful to the system.

Cons

although, I usually recommend avira, I always clarify something very important, and that is that the real-time detection system is somewhat deficient, so it does not always manage to recognize or block all the threats that swarm through the web and much less the threats that can be downloaded.
If you are one of the users who browse all the sites and download a thousand things without knowing the real origin, maybe you should look for a much more powerful antivirus that detects everything and has an advanced heuristic function.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great for security

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Overall it is easy to use after you install it

Pros

This VPN and security suite makes me feel comfortable surfing the internet. It is easy to use and simple.

Cons

There are really no negatives of this tool, i think the installation was a little tough.

Ginger B.

Security and affordability at it's best

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

The product offers a free coverage that's amazing for average user. They also offer deeper coverage features for those who need greater measure of security or peace of mind. We've used this for years and have never had one single device affected by a malware or virus that caused any known issues.

Cons

I wish there were tutorial videos for each optional feature before you choose or enable them so that you know what it does and why you need it. I think for the average consumer this would be so informational.

Sophia T.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Stay safe from any threat at all times.

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

It is a very simple tool to install, with very good performance and that provides a very high level of protection, since when using Avira, it has not reused other antivirus, since it covers all my needs, and being a multiple platform, i can use it in all my devices, without any problem.

Pros

It is my favorite antivirus, I have used it for many years in a personal and professional way, it keeps me safe with the large number of layers of protection, it scans the device at all times, in addition to scanning the links or web pages in real time that I access, it does not need too many resources to fulfill its functions correctly, so it does not decrease the performance of my devices, it also has very accessible plans, its VPN has a very good connection speed and the button for free memory, works correctly, accelerates the system and prepares it for any task that is carried out later.

Cons

I know that all software can have some negative point, however I find it hard to think of something that Avira does not do correctly, or acceptable.

Neyda jose M.

The best solution to protect my personal life.

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Pros

Great software based on home or business security, is very easy to use so it can be installed by anyone, is easy to configure and is ideal for the protection of home equipment because it is a powerful antivirus that gives us protection against malwares, viruses, malicious sites and more

Cons

Although their versions have been improving over time they still lack many features to become perfect, but nevertheless it is ideal for the protection of devices as well as the equipment that is used daily.

Angelo C.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Marie W.
  • Industry: Publishing

my daily protection to surf the web

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Pros

Avira have several advantages:
1.- You can choose between a free version with enough functionality or a paid version with even more features than the free version.
2.- The installation is quick and easy to carry out.
3.- You do not need a pc with the latest components of the market to be able to use avira. Avira consumes few resources from your PC, both in the installation, update process, analysis process and in real time protection.
4.- In my case, avira works very well. It allows me to detect suspicious files in downloaded items from the web, and also detects possible risks or attempts of infection when I surf the Internet through forums and some pages of movies.

Cons

Avira has some disadvantages:
1.- It is not as powerful as other antivirus, for example kaspersky. So it can present some problems of detection of malicious files, but if you browse the Internet carefully you should not have a bigger problem.
2.- I have read from users who have some problems when they have to uninstall the application, but so far I have not had any problems.

Floyd P.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A totally free antivirus

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

It has a very fast scanning engine, it has a game mode to mute notifications that can be annoying, it presents abundant configuration options, its requirements to run properly are low, which makes it ideal for netbooks.
It also has a very high detection rate.

Cons

It has a tendency to detect many false positives, it has a very basic backup module, and its interface is not much attractive.

Rafael L.

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

Nimisha P.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Jonathan P.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A good decision, to be protected.

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Avira has kept me protected without causing discomfort for remove some time, being multiplatform allows me to install it on several devices, without problems of the loss of important files, instability in the system, or constant detection of false positives, nevertheless to surf the internet , saving passwords, is not the best option.

Pros

Avira has a large number of components and features, has a firewall, vpn, real-time scanning, etc. What I like the most, is that it is quite light, its updates are made quickly because they are not heavy, it also has a good performance, and does not decrease the performance of the computer, another reason why I like it Avira is because I do not have constant problems with false positives, or deleted important files, it is quite effective.

Cons

What I do not like about avira is that it comes in separate components, so you have to install each one independently, the software support is not very good, you need to improve the service and it is not the ideal antivirus to protect yourself while browsing the Internet, and the last thing is, the price could be a bit high.

Afgan A.

Reviewed on 2017/03/25

Anastasia P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Antivirus protection

Reviewed on 2020/08/30

Free version of product is good and enough for PC protection. If you want to have more options you can upgrade it to the Pro version for money.

Pros

I used many different antivirus solutions for my PC. What I found the best about Avira: it is easy to set up and to use, it is free and it is reliable.

Cons

Options for browser protection are limited, it protects only Chrom and Firefox. For me it is ok since I mainly use Chrom. Can be a problem for people who prefer other web-browser.

Avira must be updated and keep the safety.

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Pros

I have used Avira for about 6 years and still I use it on my old computer. Firstly my friend who was programmer suggested it some years ago to prevent viruses and I downloaded Avira because it was free. Before I used other anti virus programs but after tried Avira it helped find viruses easily and correctly in short time period. The most useful part is that it is safe for my computer.

Cons

Sometimes it gets deactivated and I should download it again. Another significant issue is that Avira is getting old and needs to update, due to safety problems. It was safer before than it is now. In my old computer recently I got notification that system damaged by virus.

Adolf R.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Avira the most complete antivirus system today,

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

For our company it has been a great solution in the detection of any threat that our equipment and system may suffer in general, it is easy to use and quite efficient. It is important to have Avira as it protects us from ransomwares and all malicious viruses that are evolving.

Pros

Avira is the highly technologically trained and highly secure antivirus system, with properties capable of exploring hard drives and removable drives in search of a threat that may affect our equipment. This platform is updating the data daily on the Internet, whose process allows detecting and eliminating rootkits that want to access our system.
Avira allows me to observe the status of the updated or pending protected equipment to be updated, also allows to create scheduled tasks for scans and updates, its scanning engine is very fast.

Cons

It seems to me that Avira is a very interesting platform, safe and simple to use and configure, I have not yet detected major failures in this system.