Avast Ultimate Business Security Reviews

Avast Ultimate Business Security

Write a Review!
Comprehensive cybersecurity and patch automation for SMB

4.3/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
4.2/5

Maryorie
Maryorie
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Efficient, fast antivirus, provides security and protection, safeguards important information.

Reviewed on 2018/07/15

With the constant use of internet and social networks, the antivirus protects the information, and in the daily work it is required to download many documents or files, so that it blocks immediately and does not allow download those that are damaged, and that could cause greater damage to the PC.

Pros

It is an antivirus that detects malicious software that is in the cloud with a lot of speed, it provides security to the information of those who access the networks from the internal part of the institution, which in our case is a state institution, so Wi-Fi networks are public. It allows that the PCs in the different departments or computer centers remain protected from unscrupulous people who seek access to private information, protecting the ticket trays. He is constantly checking the behavior of the programs that are used daily, which allows him to detect the viruses, and makes scans and cleaning at the moment that eliminates them immediately. And it can be used in any type of organization, and even in personal PCs.

Cons

Usually the problems are installation, because you have to meet minimum system requirements. Another thing that is presented is with the components of the program, which in some cases the state stops, and does not allow it to start from the user interface, because the files or disk entries, system folder or registry Windows are damaged, which requires advanced technical knowledge to correct.

Nickey
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Good Antivirus

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

My overall experience with Avast has been positive, I have used it for over 7 years and I have recommended and installed it for numerous customers.

Pros

Avast is easy to use, the interface is easy to understand and it has quite a bit of feature and it's detection rate is good.

Cons

I do not like that Avast was selling customers data without their knowledge, this was discovered a few years ago

Not the best antivirus of the market

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

We switched from another software looking for full protection of our laptops, and, since we switched, we had no problems at all, however, pricing is not very competitive

Pros

Protect your laptop from malware, virus, trojans and others. Since we installed it, we had no problems regarding viruses.

Cons

This software uses almost all your laptop resources, and every now and then it has an annoying pop up that comes doing noise and, if you are working in silence, it might distract you, also pro version is quite expensive for the features that offers

Karl Rodrigue
  • Industry: Entertainment

excellent antivirus and not expensive

Reviewed on 2021/07/16

avast business protects my work and my data. I am a producer when my mixing sessions stay clean and not be damaged by malware

Pros

when i was a student i protected my computer with avast e even today i still use it. as we often say we do not change a winning team

Cons

the noise which is the most annoying but it is to warn me of intrusions even if it is painful but it has its good side

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Switching to Avast Ultimate Business Security

the interface is what appealed to me. it was easy to learn and updated them quite often which made me feel safe
Donald

Powerful antivirus

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

The agressive update policy keep Avast current every day and fast. The software while being extremely powerful is designed in such a way that it does not drain your system resources, superior product

Cons

Absolutely no negatives regarding Avast... powerful and efficien

Barış

Protect your computers with Avast

Reviewed on 2022/06/04

It was installed on computers to protect internal computers and used for control, control and protection.

Pros

The application is easy to use. The interface is user friendly. Intrusion detection systems, firewall control, access control permissions in the application are extremely helpful in protecting your computer.

Cons

The features of the application are very good, but it can cause some stuttering problems on the loaded computers because it works in the background all the time.

Greg

Best security suite for the money

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

Great security at reasonable prices.

Great security at reasonable prices.

Pros

Layered security including web security, content filtering, endpoint protection and backup all in 1 product.

Cons

Nothing. It works as described. So far so good.

Reasons for Switching to Avast Ultimate Business Security

It was recommended. Does everything for good price.
Eugenio
Eugenio
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

REVIEW Avast

Reviewed on 2022/06/23

I think it is an acceptable product for endpoint protection, as long as it is complemented by another cybersecurity product.

Pros

a world-renowned product, great prestige, overall does its job at a reasonable cost

Cons

we had a large number of false positive detections, so we did not look for other alternatives

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Reasons for Choosing Avast Ultimate Business Security

pricing and costs

Reasons for Switching to Avast Ultimate Business Security

higher reputation in the market
Laxman

Review of Avast Ultimate Business Security

Reviewed on 2024/01/05

My general involvement in Avast has been positive, I have used it over 6 months and I have suggested and introduced it for various clients. Avast is not difficult to utilize, the connection point is straightforward and it has a lot of element and it's identification rate is great.

Pros

Unquestionably strong freeware as well as top notch programming
Extremely careful and successful full sweep
Heaps of good first party programming and applications presented as a feature of the various suites

Cons

Intense meeting logging and information selling concerns
Expected distortion of the above worries by the organization
Insufficient speedy output

Belen
  • Industry: Veterinary

Keeps our practice free of viruses and unwanted things

Reviewed on 2023/12/09

Pros

It is extremely easy to use it, runs the system check up super fast and if it finds something it cleans it right away

Cons

Nothing to say against this program, overall we have a good experience with it

• Industry: Hospitality

Avast Business Pro Plus Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

Avast Business Pro Plus has benefited for my company a lot, which is keeping our servers protected from outside threats, we deal with hospitality industries' data and its vital to keep it protected. This is where avast does a good job at doing so.

Pros

Avast business pro plus has all the packages in one software, its everything that i need as a consumer to keep my data protected from intruders. Avast has all the features for my company's web server protection and some of the features that i have sued are web-shield, data shredder, antivirus scans, firewalls, data disk rescue, and others. Avast pricing is reasonable considering the variety of features it packed with in the software. I also like that the software can be installed on windows, windows server, and Mac OS. Moreover, avast also has great support to reach out whenever i need to get questions answered. We have been using avast Business pro plus well over a year now and we love using it. Avast also has malware removal which is great considering i have a mac and its not potentially going to get infected but its good to have the malware protection not just for macs but for all OS. Also, with smart scans i can schedule a time to scan specific folders that could be vulnerable to viruses and malware.

Cons

The speed at which avast applications opens can be slow at times but i feel like that is the least of my concern, but i hope engineers at avast do looking into it and come up with future updates to fix that issue.

Andy
Andy
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A much more powerful option than traditional antivirus providing maximum security.

Reviewed on 2018/10/28

The computer security is very important especially in the company where many resources are managed through the computer, therefore having a software of this category allows to provide the necessary protection for the protection of the integrity of the organization and thus be able to perform the everyday activities without any problem and provide.

Pros

A simple interface, more complex functions and intelligent analysis that allows to maintain security at its highest levels as well as the integrity not only of the information but also of the equipment, one of the aspects that interests me most and I like is the secure connection, eliminate permanent files which many recover and perhaps for the company is no longer important or for the user but can contain confidential information, which with this product is eliminated once and for all and another particular aspect is to navigate with security very important today in especially when dealing with financial operations.

Cons

With respect to the reports are not very complete, the board is very simple is good at first but then it is not very useful to be a professional version lacks a little power to ensure maximum protection, however I think they are the only details, there are tests of vulnerability that have been applied to see the efficiency and this product obtained very good results.

Julia
Julia

Easy to use & understand anti-bad stuff for computers

Reviewed on 2019/03/03

It helps keep the computers in smooth working order. It is easy for users to perform their own small maintenance. Avast essentially protects the network, our computers, and data safe from large threats. Our computers have been running more smoothly which lets us be more efficient because of less technical difficulties caused by outside security threats. I recommend Avast to anyone with a computer.

Pros

It is very easy to use and it is pleasing to look at. When searching on the internet, it tells you with a red or green symbol if the website is sketchy. It even lists some of the tracking cookies from websites. For people that aren't extremely brought up in computer terms, Avast makes it easy to understand what is going on. On a regular basis, make sure you do a full-system scan or whenever the computer is feeling a bit bugged. I recommend this program for anyone with a computer because it doesn't take up too much memory or RAM to effect the speed of using the computer.

Cons

I wish when there was a scan completed, the description of infections would take you or show you where on the computer it is located. It shows the code, but not if it is an application or support file and the extension is cut with elipses because of the length limit. An option to see more information for a particular infection would be nice.

Lisa
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Avast for Business rocks

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

I would recommend avast as we have not had problems with it and it is very affordable!

Pros

Avast for Business is very simple to install and get up and roll with it. Once you become a customer, you log in at business.avast.com and send out an email to your employees to download and install. You can also login and download once in front of that computer. Then you start getting notices about computers that are not in compliance or that have not checked in in so many days. It comes preloaded with tasks that you can modify or create your own set of rules. It can tell you if a computer has not scanned and how many days it has been since a scan has taken place on that computer. You have to ability to set up to download to a server that pushes out to each computer in your active directory.

Cons

The only fault I can find and I am not sure that this fault is only because I am not doing something right. I work in a school that wipes their computers clean at the end of the year and re-installs the software. I manually do this on each one through windows 10 but it removes the software and I have to reinstall it on each one. There may be a solution to that I don't know of.

Marco
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

I've never had the need to change

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

I've never taken any virus or malware with this software. Well done!

I've never taken any virus or malware with this software. Well done!

Pros

Avast is the unique antivirus I have ever used. I always used this software because form the time I started using it I never had any reasons to change it. It simple to use. It is safe with all the things I download and the sites that I browse. I also like the integrated scannig tool and the funcionality that disactivates the messages while playing or watching films.

Cons

Sometimes it uses lot of RAM and CPU expecially during the startup of the PC. It slows down a little bit the startup but I know that is necessary beacuse af all the updates and the processes needed.

Bitdefender GravityZone

Experience from collegues.
Prabhjit
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Truly the Ultimate Solution for Your Antivirus Needs!

Reviewed on 2023/06/03

Overall experience has been great with this one! I don’t have to worry about downloading data or plugging in USB devices because I know this thing while protect my pc from harmful files.

Pros

Avast Ultimate Business Security stands up to its name by offering every feature that you’ll ever need from an Antivirus. From online protection to a Ransomware Shield avast has it all! Having it installed in your pc gives you the peace of mind knowing that you are safe from malwares and viruses. In addition to this, it has an impressive UI making it easy to browse around and perform scans when needed. USB scanning also happens without any issues and it is successful to remove any harmful files if detected. Would definitely recommend to try.

Cons

Only con is the pricing! There are a lot of companies offering similar products at a much lower price rate and hence avast needs to work on this and make sure that they offer some additional benefits like extra months if they are charging high. Other than that no complaints!

Ena
Ena
  • Industry: Import & Export

The antivirus that I use for more than 10 years and it always worked well

Reviewed on 2022/01/07

I have been using Avast for many years and never had a problem.

I have been using Avast for many years and never had a problem.

Pros

Installation is a really quick and easy process, you don't need to know too much computer science to do it.
As for the graphical interface, it's beautiful.
What matters most to us: the security, it keeps the computer protected at all times, it's a great option, it blocks all kinds of threats, and finally its customer service is fantastic, they solve everything very quickly.

Cons

There are cheaper options, but I think avast is really worth it.

Suzanne
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Sleek and effective Antivirus

Reviewed on 2019/12/29

Overall I've been pretty pleased with Avast and have recommended it to friends.

Overall I've been pretty pleased with Avast and have recommended it to friends.

Pros

Avast has reliably alerted me to any suspicious or potentially unwanted programs in my system. Otherwise, it is a relatively quiet and non-intrusive anti-virus that doesn't give me excessive annoying pop-ups or noticeably slow down my computer when running a scan. It also offers multiple bonus features to further improve my internet security and maintain the health and condition of my computer.

Cons

Avast tries to promote themselves in my email signatures unless I manually disable that setting.

I've sometimes had an issue where I've right-clicked on a file and asked Avast to scan for viruses, only to have nothing happen. I've had to manually open the program and create a custom scan for the directory the file is in.

Scott
  • Industry: Insurance

No More Virus' Free

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I remember the days of dealing with virus after virus, popup after disgusting and embarrassing popup. When I started using AVG and Advanced System Care the viruses, malware and computer slowdowns have been virtually non-existent. However, after a few years of using AVG, they started popping up ads and limiting their service so a little bit of malware started creeping in so I moved to Avast (at the recommendation of a computer geek friend of mine).

Although I do get tired of Avast popping up upgrades to their paid version, it is acceptable because I am not paying for the service. The paid version does have a few tantalizing features but I am still not convinced I need them. The free version keeps viruses and malware from afflicting my surfing capabilities and that is the main reason I need this level of security.

Another important factor: We sell a CRM that also offers drip marketing capabilities. Some popular anti-virus products such as McAfee and Norton, will cause issues stopping emails from going out causing extreme frustration to our clients. I tell them to junk those programs and try Avast then their problems go away.

Pros

No hassles, no viruses, no wasting time.

Cons

Occasional popups trying to get you to upgrade to their paid version.

Edson
Edson

Light weight antivirus

Reviewed on 2020/11/01

Pros

It it's very light and doesn't cause slow down of the system unlike other antivirus
Protects the system from most kinds of threats
You can easily whitelist applications
Has temporary deactivation which is best when trying to install softwares which are seen as threats
Has both paid and free version

Cons

There is nothing to least like about the software it has everything a user needs

Nenad

Great AV software

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

We can recommend everyone Avast antivirus solution mainly for easy deployment,but also because avast is more efficient in antivirus search

Pros

From inception of the web console,we've been using avast, and ease of use, fast deployment and great AV dashboards has been on the plus side ,even if we compare them to top tier AV solutions

Cons

Tasks can be a little hard to setup,but other than that no other cons while using Avast antivirus software

Michel
  • Industry: Building Materials

Avast review Schepers nv

Reviewed on 2021/02/13

We allso use server protection and i want to renew a licence but this does not work

Pros

Easy and fast installation. Management console works fine.

Cons

Customer support answers very slowly or not at all.

Response from Avast

Hi Michel,
Thank you for your feedback!

We need more information on that the avenue that they tried to contact us.
If support is still needed, the link to our contact form can be found here: https://www.avast.com/en-us/business/support . We are here to help 24/5 Monday-Friday.

Harry
  • Industry: Automotive

Avast Pro Plus is an improved choice for efficient protection against harmful virus threats.

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Pros

Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus consists of all the latest features and tools to ensure safety against harmful threats or viruses. The avast is really efficient in performance and takes the system security on next level. It maintains protection from online surfing as well as the plugin devices. It always scans the downloaded files or the plugin devices to ensure malware free content. We can also perform scans on our systems or keeps our servers safe and protected with the Avast.

Cons

Avast Business edition antivirus tool is quite expensive and troublesome for small organizations. Avast requires high system performance to perform smoothly. Or else it also slows down the whole performance of the systems or makes the other apps completely null. It has great potential to protect devices but it makes the performances of other apps horrendously slow.

Ian
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Installation is a concern

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

Somehow the trial version was loaded onto the laptop, not the Pro Plus, then the trial version expired and I receive numerous messages how I am not covered. I log onto my online Avast account and the Pro version tells me it is active, then 10 minutes later I am told I am not covered on the laptop. I am constantly inundated with pop up asking me to sign up for this and that at another fee. Although I would think I have everything since I have the Pro Plus version. Just confusing and not easy to use I guess.

Pros

I like the VPN the most I guess, since I have no clue if anything else is working

Cons

Installation - I do not know if it is installed, I do not know if it is a remote service.

Response from Avast

Please reference our quick start guides for your particular Avast Business product: https://businesshelp.avast.com/Content/PDF_Guide/Quick_Start_Guides.htm?tocpath=_____6

If you need further assistance, please reach out to our technical support team. We are here to help: https://www.avast.com/en-us/business/support

Ryan
Ryan

Amazing Lightweight Computer Security and Virus Protection

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Avast is the perfect solution for either personal or business use, as it can be scaled extremely well. Avast has protected my PC(s) from an estimated 5000 malicious programs and malware.

Pros

Avast is awesome. It contains many features that will keep your computer and/or mobile device safe. One of my favorite features is the Avast Sandbox. This allows you to run any program downloaded or installed on your PC in a virtual sandbox that doesn't have any bearing on the rest of your PC. If you download a sketchy program, run it in sandbox first so that Avast can check for malware or other harmful programs.

Cons

Avast is a little pricey, but you get a ton of features for what you pay for. For someone looking for a free antivirus, Avast is still one of the best, as it's free features still protect your PC extremely well.