Avast Business Reviews

4.4/5 (637 reviews)
Joseph N.

Have your Files free of Malware and Viruses

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Avast is an amazing anti-virus that every computer user should have

Pros

A very easy to install protection against virus and malware, Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus is a Must-Have software for not only businesses but also every computer user.
Avast is compatible with most Operating Systems, making it for every person.
Secondly, the software is cheap to purchase and very easy to maintain.
The user can install the software without the help of an expert, making installation cost zero.
Thirdly, using the software is as easy as clicking on the "Run-Check" button, leaving the software to check any problems in the system, and clicking "Fix" button once the checking is done.
Further, the software is very reliable in detecting issues not only in the PC storage space but also threats that can be picked up from the internet, as it has a powerful firewall feature. With the firewall, the user can connect and browse files via a network connection without any worry.
When using external storage facilities and devices, the software is able to run an auto-check on these devices to ensure they do not infect the computer. If any threats are found, the software autocorrects them.
It is a very reliable, convenient and efficient antivirus for both online and offline files.

Cons

So far, I have not come across drawbacks of the Avast software

Maryorie H.

Efficient, fast antivirus, provides security and protection, safeguards important information.

Reviewed on 2018/07/15

With the constant use of internet and social networks, the antivirus protects the information, and in the daily work it is required to download many documents or files, so that it blocks immediately and does not allow download those that are damaged, and that could cause greater damage to the PC.

Pros

It is an antivirus that detects malicious software that is in the cloud with a lot of speed, it provides security to the information of those who access the networks from the internal part of the institution, which in our case is a state institution, so Wi-Fi networks are public. It allows that the PCs in the different departments or computer centers remain protected from unscrupulous people who seek access to private information, protecting the ticket trays. He is constantly checking the behavior of the programs that are used daily, which allows him to detect the viruses, and makes scans and cleaning at the moment that eliminates them immediately. And it can be used in any type of organization, and even in personal PCs.

Cons

Usually the problems are installation, because you have to meet minimum system requirements. Another thing that is presented is with the components of the program, which in some cases the state stops, and does not allow it to start from the user interface, because the files or disk entries, system folder or registry Windows are damaged, which requires advanced technical knowledge to correct.

Hanna B.

A must have Antivirus!

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

As we work with foreign investors, we deal with a lot of client information, of which most are confidential. Avast has helped us deliver our best but keeping such data safe and secure.

Pros

Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus provides for a full package protection with its protection, privacy and performance tools such as virus scan, ransomware shield, VPN protection and password manager features.
Another thing I love about this software is its user oriented features such as browser clean up and its constant daily update.

Cons

With all its perks, Avast also has its drawbacks. One, while scanning the entire system Avast tends to slow down the performance of the device. Two, Avast is a very skeptical antivirus that it blocks legitimate websites and at times tends to delete files from the computer or the USB drive.

Avast Business Pro Plus Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

Avast Business Pro Plus has benefited for my company a lot, which is keeping our servers protected from outside threats, we deal with hospitality industries' data and its vital to keep it protected. This is where avast does a good job at doing so.

Pros

Avast business pro plus has all the packages in one software, its everything that i need as a consumer to keep my data protected from intruders. Avast has all the features for my company's web server protection and some of the features that i have sued are web-shield, data shredder, antivirus scans, firewalls, data disk rescue, and others. Avast pricing is reasonable considering the variety of features it packed with in the software. I also like that the software can be installed on windows, windows server, and Mac OS. Moreover, avast also has great support to reach out whenever i need to get questions answered. We have been using avast Business pro plus well over a year now and we love using it. Avast also has malware removal which is great considering i have a mac and its not potentially going to get infected but its good to have the malware protection not just for macs but for all OS. Also, with smart scans i can schedule a time to scan specific folders that could be vulnerable to viruses and malware.

Cons

The speed at which avast applications opens can be slow at times but i feel like that is the least of my concern, but i hope engineers at avast do looking into it and come up with future updates to fix that issue.

Susan A.

Avast Antivirus software protect the system from any virus

Reviewed on 2019/06/16

I always use this software to save my data, information and documents because my system is free from any virus. And my system always secure and protected. Without Avast Antivirus our data and important information will be destroyed at anytime. But last and important thing that I must say about this software is that you can easily communicate with each other without any problem of virus attack.

Pros

Avast Antivirus always protect the computer from any virus. You can easily transfer the information, files and important documents by using the Avast Antivirus. This software is very easy to use and always secure your computer from any virus. The one thing that I most liked about this software is that Avast Antivirus features are outstanding. Moreover, Avast Antivirus provide us that you can easily install the data in a more efficiently and effectively way.

Cons

The one thing that I don't like about this software is that Avast Antivirus takes mush more time for downloading the large amount of information. There is a little bit complications created only for those who don't known about this software. Otherwise it is very efficient tool because we can easily transfer the information, files and documents with our friends and relatives through this software. The last thing that I don't liked about this software is that sometimes installation problems create without any problem.

Ceyhun M.

Efficient protection that every business needs

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Overall I strongly recommend Avast to any business type. Because for today annual or monthly fees may seem higher to you, but considering the risk and results of any infections it worth to buy Avast.

Pros

I was using Avast on my personal computer since many years and at work I convinced our director to switch to a better security. Avast has proven its reliability and effeiciency with advanced and realtime protection from multiple threads. What I like in avast is smart prediction feature which protect our servers and computers from dangerous infections before their attack. With a strong firewall avast always detects all activity on our server and computers and keeps dangerous malware and softwares away from us. Security is the main priority of all businesses and in order to keep their future ideas in a safe place Avast is the main solution for any business type. Before Avast I was afraid to attach any flash drive to work computer. Because most viruses use flash drives. But now when there is a suspicios flash drive I attach it to my computer very confidently thanks to Avast. Because it immediately detects and prevents dangerous viruses and suspicious behaviours.

Cons

Sometimes Avast acts skeptical than normal and prevents me visiting some websites and installing some apps. Maybe such apps are not dangerous but some part of their algorithm seem suspicious and can steal information. Therefore avast prevents me installing such kind of apps.

Andy K.

A much more powerful option than traditional antivirus providing maximum security.

Reviewed on 2018/10/28

The computer security is very important especially in the company where many resources are managed through the computer, therefore having a software of this category allows to provide the necessary protection for the protection of the integrity of the organization and thus be able to perform the everyday activities without any problem and provide.

Pros

A simple interface, more complex functions and intelligent analysis that allows to maintain security at its highest levels as well as the integrity not only of the information but also of the equipment, one of the aspects that interests me most and I like is the secure connection, eliminate permanent files which many recover and perhaps for the company is no longer important or for the user but can contain confidential information, which with this product is eliminated once and for all and another particular aspect is to navigate with security very important today in especially when dealing with financial operations.

Cons

With respect to the reports are not very complete, the board is very simple is good at first but then it is not very useful to be a professional version lacks a little power to ensure maximum protection, however I think they are the only details, there are tests of vulnerability that have been applied to see the efficiency and this product obtained very good results.

6.0/10
Miguel D.

Avast cloud service

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Since weve have Avast, all our 157 devices have been protected and i have full control over their AV settings, status, etc it is really nice to have full control and you can even set policies to not let users to change their local AV settings..

Pros

Cloud console administration, easy to use, easy to setup in a fly, very low per user licence cost, no aditional H/W required, IMHO the bes value in town

Cons

Avast is constantly updating the cloud console, adding patches, new functionallities, etc, sometimes it is hard to get to the console and see new things that you need to understand what have changed since last time you where there.

Julia M.

Easy to use & understand anti-bad stuff for computers

Reviewed on 2019/03/03

It helps keep the computers in smooth working order. It is easy for users to perform their own small maintenance. Avast essentially protects the network, our computers, and data safe from large threats. Our computers have been running more smoothly which lets us be more efficient because of less technical difficulties caused by outside security threats. I recommend Avast to anyone with a computer.

Pros

It is very easy to use and it is pleasing to look at. When searching on the internet, it tells you with a red or green symbol if the website is sketchy. It even lists some of the tracking cookies from websites. For people that aren't extremely brought up in computer terms, Avast makes it easy to understand what is going on. On a regular basis, make sure you do a full-system scan or whenever the computer is feeling a bit bugged. I recommend this program for anyone with a computer because it doesn't take up too much memory or RAM to effect the speed of using the computer.

Cons

I wish when there was a scan completed, the description of infections would take you or show you where on the computer it is located. It shows the code, but not if it is an application or support file and the extension is cut with elipses because of the length limit. An option to see more information for a particular infection would be nice.

Lisa D.

Avast for Business rocks

Reviewed on 2018/10/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I would recommend avast as we have not had problems with it and it is very affordable!

Pros

Avast for Business is very simple to install and get up and roll with it. Once you become a customer, you log in at business.avast.com and send out an email to your employees to download and install. You can also login and download once in front of that computer. Then you start getting notices about computers that are not in compliance or that have not checked in in so many days. It comes preloaded with tasks that you can modify or create your own set of rules. It can tell you if a computer has not scanned and how many days it has been since a scan has taken place on that computer. You have to ability to set up to download to a server that pushes out to each computer in your active directory.

Cons

The only fault I can find and I am not sure that this fault is only because I am not doing something right. I work in a school that wipes their computers clean at the end of the year and re-installs the software. I manually do this on each one through windows 10 but it removes the software and I have to reinstall it on each one. There may be a solution to that I don't know of.

Charlton D.

Best Antivirus software

Reviewed on 2019/07/28

No hassles and no viruses on our systems. Avast regularly checks for malware and viruses in our systems and deletes them when found. This ensures our systems are always secure. I would recommend Avast to anyone who cares about their security. One of my favorite things about Avast is that you can install it on almost all your devices, it supports Windows, Mac and Android among others.

Pros

Avast is a must have for every computer user. It's very easy to install and it works on multiple operating systems. Avast software is affordable and very easy to maintain. You can install the software yourself removing the cost for hiring an IT expert. Avast has a powerful firewall feature that helps detect threats that can be picked up from the internet. Avast also detects issues on external storage devices, if any issues are detected the software corrects them, this will prevent any harmful malware from getting into your device. Avast is a very reliable antivirus for both online and offline files that is very easy to use. It's also very fast. The premium version has very many features which all make your device more secure. It's very easy to use and very affordable too.

Cons

I've been using Avast for a couple of years and I haven't had any challenges using it. It's simple and easy to use and with Avast you are assured of security on your devices.

Stayn P.

An efficient antivius for advance threats.

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Avast is a good option for saving our system from viruses and works as shield against risky threats . It checks our system regularly and automatically detect viruses and delete them from our systems . On other hand mobile version is also much helpful for us to protect our mobile phones from virus attacks which are harm full for our devices.

Pros

Avast is a trending antivirus tool for advance threats of modern generation and works smoother against malwares. It enable us to surf safely on websites and stop infected files from infecting our system. Custom and deep scan are much better option for our professional business , it detects automatically suspicious file and delete them permanently from our several devices .Easy to install and smoother for work , compatible with all kind of of latest devices.

Cons

Avast antivirus is a basic tool for protecting our systems from malwares , but also have some issues of speed. It runs in background of our systems so it slowdown our system for other tasks. Sometime it detects viruses and refuse to remove them from our devices and cause errors . When we are on deep scan it takes approximately up to an hour to complete , so it needs more updates for working faster and reliable than other tools. A little bit expensive for purchasing license subscription.

Scott T.

No More Virus' Free

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I remember the days of dealing with virus after virus, popup after disgusting and embarrassing popup. When I started using AVG and Advanced System Care the viruses, malware and computer slowdowns have been virtually non-existent. However, after a few years of using AVG, they started popping up ads and limiting their service so a little bit of malware started creeping in so I moved to Avast (at the recommendation of a computer geek friend of mine).

Although I do get tired of Avast popping up upgrades to their paid version, it is acceptable because I am not paying for the service. The paid version does have a few tantalizing features but I am still not convinced I need them. The free version keeps viruses and malware from afflicting my surfing capabilities and that is the main reason I need this level of security.

Another important factor: We sell a CRM that also offers drip marketing capabilities. Some popular anti-virus products such as McAfee and Norton, will cause issues stopping emails from going out causing extreme frustration to our clients. I tell them to junk those programs and try Avast then their problems go away.

Pros

No hassles, no viruses, no wasting time.

Cons

Occasional popups trying to get you to upgrade to their paid version.

Valeh S.

Leading antivirus in the market with realtime and efficient protection

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Whether you are individual or business owner Avast is the best antivirus solution which you are looking for.

Pros

I have been using Avast since 2010 and it never let me down. The most I like about Avast is real time protection feature. Mostly viruses try to attack computers through flash and usb drives. But Avast scans any new attached device as soon as it is connected. It also protects my computer from dangerous websites before loading website. My personal details, images, credit and bank cards, documents are always safe with advanced file protection of Avast. Cleaner and pc optimizer feature periodically scans my computer and provides performance improvements in my computer. Avast also offers a variety of useful services for small and medium sized businesses. Nowadays to compete in the market network security became essential need and Avast makes it possible for affordable prices.

Cons

The only concern is about mobile version of Avast. It keeps showing ads in free version and it is a little bit annoying.

Winston M.

High level of security for any device.

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

I have placed my trust in this antivirus for many years, it has always been my preferred option, when choosing an antivirus, for the simplicity of installation, and the good results it offers, in addition to its good performance in Low-end equipment has always been useful for personal and professional use.

Pros

Avast Business has many features that I like, among them that it is a very light and multiplatform antivirus, ideal to have in any range of devices since it does not consume many resources so it does not affect the performance of the device, it also has different functions to protect the devices in different layers, when connected to a network, when a device is connected, when downloading files, when entering web pages, it has a wide variety of functions that keep me safe, in addition its control panel has all the centralized tools making it easy to see the reports, and access each function quickly.

Cons

The VPN function reduces connection speed noticeably, otherwise all functions are excellent, it is the only detail that should be improved.

Eyamir U.

All the protection concentrated in a single software, provides excellent security, total protection

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Keep my computer safe from malicious software and viruses. Which is very important because my information is my asset

Pros

That your cloud-based threat prevention model provides
 automatic updates to incorporate protection in real time without practically affecting system resources. In addition to Avast's machine learning and the world's largest threat detection network, protection is constantly evolving, so it detects new threats quickly and keeps the computer safe. As for the servers, it protects them with Sharepoint and Exchange to ensure that malicious files do not enter the network or are shared. Analyze actively: files, URLs and email attachments to protect your business from malicious software, spyware, ransomware and many more threats. It offers a powerful customizable Firewall that stops unwanted visitors. It does not require as many resources for PC Processor Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 that it admits the instructions of SSE2. 256 MB of RAM. 2 GB of free hard disk space and is compatible with all versions of Windows from Xp to 10, for servers 512 MB of RAM, 2 GB of free space on the hard disk, compatible Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 ( except Server Core), Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (except Server Core), Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (except Server Core). It is also compatible with Operational Systems:
Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
Mac OS X 10.9.x .

Cons

Actually the limitation comes if you do not have a good internet speed which can cause slowness and failures at the time of updates, and PCs if they can put the system a little slow

Ian R.

It Works Well

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

We used it to keep things secure and it works well It did once miss something that our other software caught - but that was years ago and only once. Overall, great experience and it is a really good product

Pros

Easy to use, the scans don't make things go crazy and overwhelm our system, and it seems pretty intuitive

Cons

I'm not sure it catches everything, but no way to really tell :)

Jessica D.

Most recommended tool for efficient security of devices and files.

Reviewed on 2019/03/17

Pros

Avast has been the most efficient antivirus service that I have ever used. It fully secures my files and maintains 24/7 protection of my files and data. It performs really very well when it comes to scan files and plugin devices for any harmful viruses. Avast Business Antivirus also consists of extra few features which ensures better protection and improved service for protection against malwares. It also assists in protection against any kind of virus attacks from internet or any harmful downloaded files. It keeps the users informed about scheduled scans or virus attacks with pop-up notifications.

Cons

I have experienced gradual decrease in the processing time of my device after installing avast. It's a strong and heavy working tool which requires efficient systems to operate easily. It is also quite expensive but it is worthy of each and every bucks due to highly efficient service.

Louis C.

Avast offers our team a security option for anti virus protection that considers the needs of our business first.

Reviewed on 2018/12/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We investigated the open market options for cloud based anti virus security systems and discovered Avast features a corporate security
approach as opposed a more tradition single personal user based approach. Our servers are much more secure as a result of use
of Avast for business.

Pros

Avast Business offers what they call a "predictive" protection against maturing threats from virus and malware.
This proactive and less reactive approach to server protection is what we value most. Avast will identify potential
threats and alert they user as they arrive and are quarantined. We also value Avast's included checklist of tasks which
advise our control department how best to maintain satisfactory security levels per station. Avast will also scan our
NAS support devices to make sure they are also threat free.

Cons

Our only observation regarding a possible negative would be a consistent presentation of pop up ads which present
product offerings from Avast to us. There must be a more fluid and potentially less intrusive sales tactic available
for our team to learn more of Avast's substantial offerings without interrupting certain business .processes.
We hope Avast will examine alternatives to product presentation as we are happy to learn more regarding new options.

Have been using Avast for years

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

As I stated above, I appreciate the additional features that allow me to securely access and delete PHI from my computer. I have always been pleased with Avast's antivirus capabilities as well.

Pros

The features that Avast offers in the Pro Plus product allows me to work more securely from multiple locations. Whereas the antivirus software has always been top notch, the VPN technology has allowed me to work remotely over connections that previously would have not been secure. As someone who works in healthcare, working over an insecure internet connection would have risked PHI and is not an option for me. I also like the shredder feature for deleted files. Knowing that any PHI I may have locally can be deleted securely brings great comfort.

Cons

Being able to turn on and off the VPN is not easily accomplished, at least I have not found an easy way to do it. Having a toggle feature on the dashboard would be helpful.

Antonio S.

I use it a lot for the protection of my personal pc for me it is the best virus protector there is

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

tranquility at the moment of navigating on the internet, allows me to select which files I want to delete and which ones I do not. It is very easy to understand and gives me a good protection

Pros

allows you to keep your computer very protected because it updates your virus database on a daily basis.

you have the protection of browsers and select the pages minutes for a safe navigation.

realizes protection in real time which makes your daily activities safer

allows you to program an automatic scan defined by the user which keeps your equipment safe even if you are not present

has a personal data shield which makes a very powerful tool for your archives of great importance

Cons

At the time of protection, it consumes a lot of PC resources, which makes the performance of your computer decrease while it is working

has no firewall

it does not clean the browser and the PC of junk files

Harry E.

Avast Pro Plus is an improved choice for efficient protection against harmful virus threats.

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Pros

Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus consists of all the latest features and tools to ensure safety against harmful threats or viruses. The avast is really efficient in performance and takes the system security on next level. It maintains protection from online surfing as well as the plugin devices. It always scans the downloaded files or the plugin devices to ensure malware free content. We can also perform scans on our systems or keeps our servers safe and protected with the Avast.

Cons

Avast Business edition antivirus tool is quite expensive and troublesome for small organizations. Avast requires high system performance to perform smoothly. Or else it also slows down the whole performance of the systems or makes the other apps completely null. It has great potential to protect devices but it makes the performances of other apps horrendously slow.

Peter W.

the best tool to keep your system and devices secure, doesn't take much space

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I love Avast. It’s stable, reliable and doesn’t take much of computer space. I also love the effectiveness and the overall design-- it’s intuitive and easy to manage. I can highly recommend it.

Pros

The UI is simple and intuitive. This AV runs quietly with few interruptions. It updates periodically to detect unknown and emerging malicious programs that pose threat to your system, network, devices, emails etc. it is quick to detect and prevent virus, malware, spyware and other dangerous programs. I also like that It checks email attachments and gives a warning if the attached files contain potentially harmful program...

Cons

There are many features that don’t need or use. I also don’t like the popups—they are quite irritating especially when you start using this anti-virus. The pricing per user is high and I would be glad if it goes down. Deep scanning is sometimes slow

Clarence L.

The most complete protection for companies in a single product

Reviewed on 2018/06/24

What I liked most about avast is its performance against other softwares (with some exceptions), the behavior and web shield is not aggressive and does not slow down the computer. Even the free version is still the same business because it uses the same antivirus search engine. Recommended 100%

Pros

For more than 10 years avast products have been characterized as reliable. The business plus version contains the additional ones that your users need to be protected. The sandbox is excellent to test those files or programs that you have doubts, the rescue disk is perfect to recover the stations at a certain point, the software defender, the webcam shield, including creating a secure line of vpn are very important for data protection.

Cons

Perhaps the negative point is that they have not yet developed for Linux distributions, and several antivirus houses have it in their products.

Donald A.

Powerful antivirus

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

The agressive update policy keep Avast current every day and fast. The software while being extremely powerful is designed in such a way that it does not drain your system resources, superior product

Cons

Absolutely no negatives regarding Avast... powerful and efficien