Abhishek T.
  • Industry: Computer Games

A good antivirus with very high update frequency

Reviewed on 2020/10/11

It is a good measure to protect the OC from incoming threats. The best thing which makes an antivirus software unique is its update frequency and avast has a very good update frequency ( and hence it is time to time ready to face new viruses and malware). And cost is also good enough so that most can afford it

Pros

There are many pro which I can list here
The most important which I surely look in an antivirus is its update frequency. And this keeps up to expectations
And besides keeping safe from the threats and issues, it is packed with many other features like ransomware shield, von protection,safe browser, password protection manager, performance tool and much more. In short,if I purchase all of this individually then it will be much more expensive than this antivirus itself
So overall it is bang for the buck

Cons

There are few cons with the software
1.) I am a programmer. So when I develop and test apps ,many times this antivirus assumes the newly generated source code as a threat. So to speed up my work ,I disable the antivirus for 1 hour
2.) I have a metered internet. An antivirus software must be updated to keep up with latest threats but this one consumes a lot of internet and the "safe browser" included with it also consumes a lot of internet
3.) It can have downeffect on performance of the PC
4.) The browser with it sometimes block legitimate websites
5.) Not frequently but once it deleted files from my game and I had to again install it

Jeff M.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Avast Makes Daily Maintenance Easy

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

Overall we love Avast and continue to use it daily. It makes that function of our life (scanning, updating, cleaning) easy.

Pros

We've been using Avast Business now for 10+ years and all of our employees work with it daily. The biggest help is Avast is lightweight (doesn't take much RAM) and does everything we need it to with an extremely simple UI. We use it for Anti-Virus protection, driver updating, and general cache and file cleaning. Over the years the software has been improving it's UI, and I can't imagine what else it can do but every release seems to be better and better.

Cons

When starting your computer up, Avast's load time has grown, but it's honestly non-consequential (going from 10 seconds to 30 seconds). Also, occasionally, you get an ad pop-up for a service from them that you haven't purchased yet, but it's very nominal.

Response from Avast

Hi Jeff, thank you for your positive feedback.

Nickey C.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Good Antivirus

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

My overall experience with Avast has been positive, I have used it for over 7 years and I have recommended and installed it for numerous customers.

Pros

Avast is easy to use, the interface is easy to understand and it has quite a bit of feature and it's detection rate is good.

Cons

I do not like that Avast was selling customers data without their knowledge, this was discovered a few years ago

• Industry: Writing & Editing

You had me at antivirus! 😉

Reviewed on 2020/09/27

For home, office and beyond I think this is a great software that protects and keeps your computer int top shape.

Pros

I have had a antivirus problem. Meaning I didn't get the use for them. Yes, yes, I know, I know, computer protection, simple right? No! I just thought the whole thing was a waste of time and took too much space. Yeah, I paid for my lack of judgement and I grudgely accepted another antivirus (who shall not be named) but it was hilariously expensive and kept giving me count downs to it's free trial ending. Needless to say I was frustrated. Paying for antivirus was the last thing on my mind, until I was told about this software. At first I was skeptical. but I took a chance and I was pleasantly surprised. So let me break it down for you. Fast. The software wasted no time in getting to the heart of my computer. Trash, junk., bugs, downloads I didn't even know were abstracting stuff, it cleans it up. Its easy. Seamless, sleek, professional-looking options and menus. I was impressed on the scans I could do. and the different diagnostics I was given. Defence. I swear its kind of freaky, yet oddly satisfying to see your antivirus pop saying someone was blocked from accessing this or this site was bloYou guys realize now I have a computers space problem, so I was thankful that I didn't feel as if the software was taking over my computer with all the extensions and adds ons and all that stuff. It felt more as if it was apart of computer, silent in the background getting stuff done.

Cons

It's a bit expensive, but its also a good investment so I'm don't think that's so bad. I don't really don't have any problems with it, since there's also a free version that you can use until you can afford the pro version.

Joseph N.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Have your Files free of Malware and Viruses

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Avast is an amazing anti-virus that every computer user should have

Pros

A very easy to install protection against virus and malware, Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus is a Must-Have software for not only businesses but also every computer user.
Avast is compatible with most Operating Systems, making it for every person.
Secondly, the software is cheap to purchase and very easy to maintain.
The user can install the software without the help of an expert, making installation cost zero.
Thirdly, using the software is as easy as clicking on the "Run-Check" button, leaving the software to check any problems in the system, and clicking "Fix" button once the checking is done.
Further, the software is very reliable in detecting issues not only in the PC storage space but also threats that can be picked up from the internet, as it has a powerful firewall feature. With the firewall, the user can connect and browse files via a network connection without any worry.
When using external storage facilities and devices, the software is able to run an auto-check on these devices to ensure they do not infect the computer. If any threats are found, the software autocorrects them.
It is a very reliable, convenient and efficient antivirus for both online and offline files.

Cons

So far, I have not come across drawbacks of the Avast software

• Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Computer

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

This is more secure and automatically updated and voice recognition

Pros

It's way to capturing viruses and updation

Cons

It speaks when any virus files found and repair process.

Joshua K.
  • Industry: Utilities

All the Essentials and More

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

After reading the reviews for Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus, I was satisfied that this was the software that I needed to protect my business. It's done a great job so far and has been very user-friendly. Another reason we decided to go with this software was due to its compatibility with MacOS.

Pros

The best thing about Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus is that it offers tons of included features beyond simple antivirus protection. It has the ability to scan emails, check the security of Wi-Fi networks, protect from webcam spying, and much more. Perhaps one of the most useful features is that of the "sandbox." The sandbox feature allows you to run programs on a virtual computer before actually installing them on your own.

Cons

The software costs just a little bit more than its competitors. For a one year subscription, we pay $75 per user. Despite having many essential features you need for your business, the one thing it does lack is ransomware protection.

Stayn P.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

An efficient antivius for advance threats.

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Avast is a good option for saving our system from viruses and works as shield against risky threats . It checks our system regularly and automatically detect viruses and delete them from our systems . On other hand mobile version is also much helpful for us to protect our mobile phones from virus attacks which are harm full for our devices.

Pros

Avast is a trending antivirus tool for advance threats of modern generation and works smoother against malwares. It enable us to surf safely on websites and stop infected files from infecting our system. Custom and deep scan are much better option for our professional business , it detects automatically suspicious file and delete them permanently from our several devices .Easy to install and smoother for work , compatible with all kind of of latest devices.

Cons

Avast antivirus is a basic tool for protecting our systems from malwares , but also have some issues of speed. It runs in background of our systems so it slowdown our system for other tasks. Sometime it detects viruses and refuse to remove them from our devices and cause errors . When we are on deep scan it takes approximately up to an hour to complete , so it needs more updates for working faster and reliable than other tools. A little bit expensive for purchasing license subscription.

Ramon V.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great antivirus that doesn't get in your way

Reviewed on 2020/08/08

The problems I had were fixed immediately and I have not had any problems since I got this antivirus.

Pros

I have never gotten any sort of infection or issue after installing Avast, and the computer that I did have viruses on was immediately fixed when I started it in Avast's safe mode and scanned the system. Avast also checks all of our emails for threats and scans the system overnight automatically.

Cons

Sometimes you have to disable the popup blocker or go through extra steps in order to download or install something, but that is the price you pay for security on your system.

Winston M.

High level of security for any device.

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

I have placed my trust in this antivirus for many years, it has always been my preferred option, when choosing an antivirus, for the simplicity of installation, and the good results it offers, in addition to its good performance in Low-end equipment has always been useful for personal and professional use.

Pros

Avast Business has many features that I like, among them that it is a very light and multiplatform antivirus, ideal to have in any range of devices since it does not consume many resources so it does not affect the performance of the device, it also has different functions to protect the devices in different layers, when connected to a network, when a device is connected, when downloading files, when entering web pages, it has a wide variety of functions that keep me safe, in addition its control panel has all the centralized tools making it easy to see the reports, and access each function quickly.

Cons

The VPN function reduces connection speed noticeably, otherwise all functions are excellent, it is the only detail that should be improved.

Valeh S.

Leading antivirus in the market with realtime and efficient protection

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Whether you are individual or business owner Avast is the best antivirus solution which you are looking for.

Pros

I have been using Avast since 2010 and it never let me down. The most I like about Avast is real time protection feature. Mostly viruses try to attack computers through flash and usb drives. But Avast scans any new attached device as soon as it is connected. It also protects my computer from dangerous websites before loading website. My personal details, images, credit and bank cards, documents are always safe with advanced file protection of Avast. Cleaner and pc optimizer feature periodically scans my computer and provides performance improvements in my computer. Avast also offers a variety of useful services for small and medium sized businesses. Nowadays to compete in the market network security became essential need and Avast makes it possible for affordable prices.

Cons

The only concern is about mobile version of Avast. It keeps showing ads in free version and it is a little bit annoying.

Edson H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Light weight antivirus

Reviewed on 2020/11/01

Pros

It it's very light and doesn't cause slow down of the system unlike other antivirus
Protects the system from most kinds of threats
You can easily whitelist applications
Has temporary deactivation which is best when trying to install softwares which are seen as threats
Has both paid and free version

Cons

There is nothing to least like about the software it has everything a user needs

Nenad S.

Great AV software

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

We can recommend everyone Avast antivirus solution mainly for easy deployment,but also because avast is more efficient in antivirus search

Pros

From inception of the web console,we've been using avast, and ease of use, fast deployment and great AV dashboards has been on the plus side ,even if we compare them to top tier AV solutions

Cons

Tasks can be a little hard to setup,but other than that no other cons while using Avast antivirus software

Have been using Avast for years

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

As I stated above, I appreciate the additional features that allow me to securely access and delete PHI from my computer. I have always been pleased with Avast's antivirus capabilities as well.

Pros

The features that Avast offers in the Pro Plus product allows me to work more securely from multiple locations. Whereas the antivirus software has always been top notch, the VPN technology has allowed me to work remotely over connections that previously would have not been secure. As someone who works in healthcare, working over an insecure internet connection would have risked PHI and is not an option for me. I also like the shredder feature for deleted files. Knowing that any PHI I may have locally can be deleted securely brings great comfort.

Cons

Being able to turn on and off the VPN is not easily accomplished, at least I have not found an easy way to do it. Having a toggle feature on the dashboard would be helpful.

Antonio S.

I use it a lot for the protection of my personal pc for me it is the best virus protector...

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

tranquility at the moment of navigating on the internet, allows me to select which files I want to delete and which ones I do not. It is very easy to understand and gives me a good protection

Pros

allows you to keep your computer very protected because it updates your virus database on a daily basis.

you have the protection of browsers and select the pages minutes for a safe navigation.

realizes protection in real time which makes your daily activities safer

allows you to program an automatic scan defined by the user which keeps your equipment safe even if you are not present

has a personal data shield which makes a very powerful tool for your archives of great importance

Cons

At the time of protection, it consumes a lot of PC resources, which makes the performance of your computer decrease while it is working

has no firewall

it does not clean the browser and the PC of junk files

Peter B.

Avast - the anti virus solution for our business

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Good, it provided all we needed for our office machines protection. I have recommended it to business partners.

Pros

The software works well on our Windows and MAC machines, and the interfaces and features are all the same so it is easy to administer.

Cons

I think the software could have a few more automatic features that we can customise oper machine it is installed on

Ryan W.

Amazing Lightweight Computer Security and Virus Protection

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Avast is the perfect solution for either personal or business use, as it can be scaled extremely well. Avast has protected my PC(s) from an estimated 5000 malicious programs and malware.

Pros

Avast is awesome. It contains many features that will keep your computer and/or mobile device safe. One of my favorite features is the Avast Sandbox. This allows you to run any program downloaded or installed on your PC in a virtual sandbox that doesn't have any bearing on the rest of your PC. If you download a sketchy program, run it in sandbox first so that Avast can check for malware or other harmful programs.

Cons

Avast is a little pricey, but you get a ton of features for what you pay for. For someone looking for a free antivirus, Avast is still one of the best, as it's free features still protect your PC extremely well.

Cary C.

My pros and cons of using Avast For Business

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Avast is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 as well as with Windows Vista and XP SP3. You can also download and install it on your Mac computer (it must be running OSX) and your Android device.

Pros

This is a good anti viruses software it does what it is supposed to do. You can set up specific times for it to do a scan to keep your files save and quarantine unwanted files. It gives you the option to control what happens to the file after it has been quarantined. It does not slow up your pc or any other device while it is running or scanning your device. Its a pretty decent software. I been using this on all my devices for years.

Cons

I think the dashboard could include more details it is pretty basic just threats found, files scanned. overview of your threat activity is pretty basic. Avast offers different forms of customer support such as FAQs, email support and telephone support for a consumer but businesses are limited to help and facts and questions.

Scott S.
  • Industry: Printing

Avast Business

Reviewed on 2021/03/29

I would say the overall experience is quite well. I have not had anything major that went wrong while using this software.

Pros

We have probably four to five computers at our company that need Avast virus software. We are strickly mac based computers but these PC computers need to be protected. Avast has worked out great at protecting the computer from hacking and online theft.

Cons

Sometimes the software will block certain things that I have to go in and adjust that we use daily. I can be a pain sometimes.

Response from Avast

Hi Scott, thank you for you positive feedback!
Regarding your issue with blocking certain things please contact our technical support team so that we may further troubleshoot this issue. We are here to help. The link to contact our support team can be found here: https://www.avast.com/en-us/business/support

Tyler B.
  • Industry: Design

The best on the market

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

Avast protects my computer from online attacks, and as all of my work is done on the computer, this is super vital to my ability to run my business and make a living.

Pros

As a freelance graphic designer, my computer is my life. I need to know that it's going to be protected, and I need to know that that protection isn't going to come at the cost of my computers ability to perform the rest of its needed functions. Avast is robust, light, and stealthy. You get total protection and basically never notice that it's working its magic.

Cons

In the years I've been using Avast, there is honestly not much that I've run into that has put me off of it. It has performed quite flawlessly, and keeps me coming back year after year.

George H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Avast offered the most bang for the buck

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Avast gave us anti-virus protection, enterprise manageability, and a very affordable price.

Pros

Unlike Norton and McAfee, the app had a small memory/cpu utilization and did not slow down users computers. On top of that, it was also the most cost effective solution for my organization. They also have us additional discounts as we were a non-profit organization. The software was easy to install and maintain. The enterprise version was able to perform remote install and monitoring of workstations.

Cons

At times, the enterprise/server version can be unreliable. It says the software is installed, but there's no way verify it is working.

Peter B.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A good security program that doesn't bog down computers

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Avast is one of the best-known antivirus programs available--and for good reason. Our organization has used this program because it catches many security threats while running in the background and not bogging down users' computers. Overall, most users have been really pleased.

Pros

Avast stays in the background and rarely interrupts what users are doing. It also does not take a lot of RAM to run, meaning users' PCs can run optimally. This is often not the case with antivirus programs. Avast also has a solid amount of features and seems to catch numerous virus and performance issues.

Cons

I'm unaware of any cons; however, I do not know how much our organization paid to use Avast.

Yosimar M.

Amazing antivirus, but can make your web browsing slower at times

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

I can truly recommend avast, the only downside that it has came from the fact that my internet connection was not that great, so this shouldn't be an issue most people will have, overall it has been a really satisfying experience.

Pros

Excellent antivirus, it is one of the best I've tried, Its virus protection is second to none, I have never had any type of issue with virus while using it and the best part is that it does not slow down my computer as other antivirus softwares whose protection is on par with this one.

Cons

Having a slow internet connection will tamper a bit with the virus database updates and the online protection, and sometimes your web browsing will feel much slower when avast is running.

Zaneh W.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A great protector

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

My go-to antivirus . I have it on all of my devices and have no problems with malware .

Pros

The licensing fee isn't exactly cheap ,however it offers you protection on several different accounts and devices . Diagnosis is very easy to understand and helps you easily take the appropriate action .

Cons

While the constant updates are necessarily ,they can be a hassle to deal with . And slow down performance overall .

Response from Avast

Hi Zaneh,
Thank you for your feedback.
Please contact our technical support team so that we may further troubleshoot the issue with performance.
We are here to help.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Great antivirus among the tops

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Excellent antivirus that is among the top in the various statistics that measure the effectiveness of antivirus.
No problem of virus infections during multi-year use by our customers.

Pros

Professional antivirus that has all the main functions to fight any virus infections in the internal navigation, in the emails and software that are installed on the computer. Obviously we need attention to perform links and attachments of emails and executable software that can escape the antivirus check.

Cons

The advertising proposal of software tools to clean up the computer, which should be optionally disabled, appears somewhat invasive.