iorad

Create application instructions and step-by-step tutorials

Sarah B.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

The best tool to add to your toolbox

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

iorad has taken our membership site to the next level. With the tutorials that include a live feature, and audio voiceover, you are able to create seamless steps for users that guarantee they understand what you are trying to teach.

We have had amazing customer service, with the rep actually adapting what he has created to give our users the best experience. We communicate with the rep whenever we need anything or have questions.

Pros

Iorad is simple to learn and use, and the design is attractive that makes people want to use the end product!

Cons

Nothing! It is a great tool that allows you to accomplish almost everything!

Steve M.

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Their customer service is very responsive and they send me emails updates on new features. Because I was in education, they also asked my input in how they can improve their product for the educational field. Extremely satisfied with iorad.

Pros

All I have to do in making the interactive tutorial is point and click. iorad will actually write each step for me. I can complete my tutorial in less than 3 minutes and it will come out looking extremely professional and people think I spent hours making the tutorial.

Cons

Really, the only thing I could possibly ding iorad on (and this would only be me nick-picking) is when I make it a pdf, it crops out a significant amount of the screenshot. But again, this really isn't a big deal.

Natalie R.

Iorad is great for flipped classrooms!

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Really great; I love it and so do my patrons.

Pros

As a K-12 school librarian, I make dozens of tutorials using Iorad. This software enables me to use it in the "flipped classroom" model, so I can be there to help my students when they most need me.

Cons

I would like to be able to see the pdf in the free version.

Mathieu L.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

My thoughts on Iorad

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Pros

Iorad is a useful and innovative tool that gather the following pros in my opinion:
- Easy to use, to manage, to learn
- Time saving
- Good Customer Service

Cons

The cons I will list for Iorad are due to the fact that the development of the solution is still ongoing.

Some new features will be appreciated, such as a "drag and drop" of the steps. Moreover, some bug are still existing.

Young K.
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great tool to make quick tutorials!

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

Pros

This software is really easy to learn and the free option offers lots of features.

Cons

Sometimes, the screen captures look a little strange. Other times, it doesn't capture a click.

Casa da portela I.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Amazing tool for tutorial building

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

Free plan with everything you need for a simple use. Simple and clean tool. Great plugin for live use too. Just amazing

Cons

The paid plans are a bit expensive, but from the FAQ page you can read that there may be ways to negotiate

Tanner F.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Love this tool! Very easy to use. Huge time saver.

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Great customer support when I have questions. Overall, the product is fantastic. Highly recommended.

Pros

So easy to use. Saves me a lot of time.

Cons

Not really that I don't like about this product.

Cori C.
  • Industry: Utilities

Amazing responsiveness and service.

Reviewed on 2020/08/01

Wonderful.

Pros

The support and responsiveness on questions regarding this product are very impressive.

Cons

It doesn't record "video" playing in your web browser.

Weston Z.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Creating training takes minutes

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

The support is amazing. They answer very quickly and have been very helpful. They also get bugs fixed very fast. They are a great company to work with.

Pros

This makes making trainings very quick. I love that it automates making trainings in the way people learn, video, interactive, reading. This use to take hours to create trainings that fit this. I love the automated voice overs. The voices sound pretty good for being automated. It is easy to use and create trainings. Our users love to use these trainings. I love that the user doesn't have to download anything to view the trainings.

Cons

The latest release moved a lot of things around which makes it a little harder to use. I wish the language pack was included in the business pricing. It is very expensive and we have had to do a lot of work to translate our trainings. Sometimes it doesn't capture what you need and you have to go back. The pricing gets expensive fast.

Julien T.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Good Tool

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Great! I think it is a tool with great potential.

Pros

It is user friendly.
It brings a real value added in the step by step exercise. It is time saving, resources saving, and it restrains the error percent.

Cons

It can improve in terms of features.
it is not stable (I guess it is for a moment : still improving). But be more careful and inform users in advance, so they can save work.

Nir M.

Easy tutorial creator - big time saver

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

I use iorad in the help article for our clients and for internal training.
The clients love it, and it is used as an example to the quality of the self-hep part of the software.

Integrates with many platforms
Loved by the clients

Cons

Integration cuts the size of the slides sometimes.
Embedding can get complicated with the change of the UI
Canot combine two slide-shows
Narrating does not do a good job with dots and commas.

• Industry: Utilities

Iorad

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Fast turnaround for tutorials. Easy to record demos.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Lots of options for delivery. I can have a tutorial created on 30 minutes.

Cons

Organization of tutorials... I would like to be able to use a folder system. Tags are OK but when you get a few hundred tutorials it get messy.

Alfonso M.

Step-by-Step Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

This tool has helped me be successful in creating instructional design solutions for my work and for my grad school projects. They are amazing at building customer relations.

Pros

The user interface is easy to use. The overall design experience and features are great for the type of work I do.

Cons

Has minimal design changes to the cover pages to personalize the tutorials more. May be offer different fonts.

Zoran N.
  • Industry: Banking

Love it!

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

My overall experience is very positive. I have reviewed any similar tools and decided to go for Iorad. After more than 6 months of use all I can say is that I have not made mistake selecting it.

Pros

Iorad is very easy to learn and use. Iorad supplements our training materials very well. We have blended it with our elearning platform and we have completely changed our training process and approach.

Cons

It would be great if we can have better organisation structure of tutorials. After a longer use of a tool, the list of tutorials that we have created is quite long. Introduction of some kind of folder structure would be very helpful.

Sarah F.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to create and maintain

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

We use this for new system training and for internal SOPs. We post these FAQs in multiple places, so updating only the one source is invaluable. Creating and maintaining SOPs is also very easy with a walk-through tutorial since steps that needs updating, adding, removing are obvious to spot when you are literally walking through the process again.

Pros

Both the ability to use the link and the embed. The audio is also very nice to use.

Cons

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the new UI panel... When you accidentally delete a tutorial, there is no recovery.

Jessica G.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Easy and very helpful

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

this has sped up our internal and client facing learning/training so much. Users love that they can click on things and easily follow through the steps

Pros

ease of use, ease to share our documentation, easy to convert PDF, easy to transfer to colleagues to manipulate

Cons

i have not found anything i do not like yet

Haris C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Most valuable business tool we use

Reviewed on 2020/08/10

This service took our extremely process-based accounting business to the next level. We were able to make extremely professional tutorials both for internal use, and for our clients. This is absolutely invaluable for training new team members. I recommend Iorad to all of our partners.

Pros

The fact that there is nothing more to do than simply turn on Iorad and do your work regularly is what sold this software for me. Everything is completed on the backend, and all we needed to do was add/edit proprietary information.

Cons

With long processes, the tutorial would sometimes get overwhelmed. In this case we would record tutorials in 2-3 sub-steps.

James B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy, professional training in minutes.

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

We have a very limited team to support our Salesforce instance of over 300 sales users in Canada. This has freed us up to not have to screenshare and walk users through some standard issues frequently, we can just direct them to our training library and keep moving on improvements!

Pros

iorad makes it incredibly easy to create training videos or walk-throughs that users can experience at their own pace. As someone who has previously recorded screen-capture videos with over voice, I can say that this is 1000 times easier and more professional. The ability to tweak and update training as we need is excellent.

Cons

Not really a dislike, but it would be nice to have the ability to have the training be read in French during the walk-through.

Nathan C.
  • Industry: Railroad Manufacture

Game Changer for Documenting Processes

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

Using iorad has been a time and cost saver from me and my company. Letting us document our best practices and general processes in a very detailed and clear way. It is easy to share and follow the instructions that you create.

Pros

I like that it records every click, scroll, and key stroke; while taking screen shots with the highlighted area where the action occurred. If I was to try and recreate this manually it would take 10 times as long.

Cons

Sometimes the desktop recording does not load up to the website. This only happens occasionally and then only with very long recordings.

Sara M.

Iorad is a game changer!

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

Pros

This platform has cut my daily training time in half! The intuitive software that builds out the step-by-step tutorial as I record is unparalleled - and the teachers LOVE the fact that they have a visual and auditory guide to help them through any tutorial need in a virtual environment.

Cons

I love everything about the software, but which we could add more users to the platform. Our teachers would LOVE to use this with their students, but unfortunately licenses are tied to one persons email so it's difficult to allow them to do so. It would be great if we could take iorad tutorials created in the free version and add them to our paid domain so that they can be saved.

Andrew G.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Excellent software and saves a considerable amount of time

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

We use it to create quick instructional videos for our products mainly for operational purposes, less so marketing a product itself.

Pros

- The software is intuitive to use so our teams need very little training to use it.
- The ability to add voiceover saves a lot of time versus recording your own demo. What would previously take 1hr+ to record a demo, refine it, publish it etc. now only takes around 20 mins
- Automatically being able to push the video to other systems e.g. Helpscout, means that we can publish articles straight to our knowledge base
- Having used other software that traces interactions, or tracks clicking of elements, I've found this very reliable in terms of achieving the desired output
- If you're not overly fussed about refining your demo, you could record one within minutes that is suitable for demonstrating how to perform an action. In most cases the instructions, formatting, needs refining to ensure the automatic voiceover makes sense to the end user.

Cons

- On the whole I've found it very good. I occasionally come across bugs, but they're generally dealt with very quickly by the Iorad team
- I'd say the cost is fair value for the time saving but I can see it prohibiting wider uptake as it's not on the low end of the scale

Stephanie A.

Essential for Trainers and Educators

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Before iorad, I had to make training videos and click paths on demand that I had to edit and produce and they did not save and share easily. With iorad, it takes a fraction of the time to create a tutorial and it is extremely easy to file away and reuse for other learners that need the same help.

Pros

iorad allows me to capture my steps and fills in the prompts easily and in an expedient manner. It is easy to copy the tutorial and email it out to the learner. I also very much like how iorad keeps a library of my tutorials and has an easy search feature.

Cons

I would like to be able to print off the steps in PDF format for free.

Darrell D.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Nice Rapid Development Tool

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

It's been an overall positive experience to use this tool. It has limited features compared to something like Captivate, but it works pretty smoothly and allows me to get things done very quickly.

Pros

I really like how fast and easy the tool is to use. I can create and publish software tutorials in no time.

Cons

It would be nice if there were more editing tools like being able to add additional highlights or shapes. It would also help if I could import an image.

Response from iorad

Hi Darrell - Thanks for the review! We will take your feedback & consider it for future enhancement. As for the image upload- while you can't technically "upload", here is a great way to include images in your tutorials. Check out this article: https://theioradlife.com/how-to-add-an-image-or-powerpoint-slide-to-a-tutorial-captured-with-the-iorad-extension-a51fe718bd9a

Brian L.
  • Industry: Information Services

Love this Application

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Many of the administrators and teachers who have asked for support guides with our SIS system, have been very happy with the videos that I have created and sent them. It is a quick way to support staff with a combination of visuals and text.

Pros

What I like most about this application is that I can produce quick tutorial videos with real time step by step instructions where users can follow along.

Cons

The only thing that I find that I would change is the voice over feature. It will generate voice over for the text automatically which is a great feature. If you edit the text in your video, you need to re- generate the voice over. In the realm of life, this is not a big deal and will not stop using this application because of this.

Cyril C.
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/07/24

Pros

This software is easy to use. All cloud base. It even lets you type the instructions and the system will turn it into voice instructions. But most importantly the customer service and tech support is GREAT!

Cons

It is on the pricing side but worth it. Remember the amount of time it would save you when considering using this product.