Keeper Security Reviews

Keeper Security

Secure password management and digital vault.

Patrick
Patrick

Never forget a login or lose a password again. Even those that are seldom used.

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

Easy to use app. The new user quickly realizes what a functional tool Keeper is for organizing in logical fashion all you logins and passwords. Folders allow for keeping track of multiple accounts related to the same login. There is the option to leave comments on the app directly inside the folder so that "thing" you have to remember you don't forget. The app allows the addition of fields to expand on the size and amount of data you can enter into the folder. If you have several items that you discover need to be put into one folder you can do this quite easily. I have come to rely on this app and not my memory as the number of logins and passwords in my life grow. The cost is minimal but the value is evident. It is a simple idea that was well thought out and does what it claims to do. What more can you ask from a product? I gave customer support 4 stars only because I have never had to use them for any reason. If service is like the product in terms of reliability than it would have been correct to give them 5 stars. I was skeptical about this product in he beginning because there are so many competitors I thought it was a risky buy. It was a good purchase. I don't love the product it just works!

Cons

The only complaint it isn't free. I have tried other free password vaults and they fall short of Keeper. I know there should be more to complain about but I haven't found anything.

Justin

Good value but not exceptional

Reviewed on 2020/02/17

I have no reason to doubt Keeper from a security point of view, and it's serviceable from a usability point of view, so it's okay overall.

For it to become a truly exceptional tool, it would need to add the missing features that competitors have and tweak the UI a bit so that it's a bit more modern. (Like, can we get rid of the "Encryption Enabled" message? It's silly to think a password manager wouldn't use encryption in this day and age.)

Pros

Keeper is reasonably priced compared to the competitors we considered. Unlike virtually all SaaS vendors, they publish detailed release notes for all of their component products, which is *super* nice. (I just wish they included RSS feeds with those release notes so I didn't have to make my own...)

Keeper is compatible with many different platforms, including Linux (Keeper desktop) and Safari (Keeper browser extension). A lot of competitors couldn't give a whit about products like Linux and Safari.

Cons

It's been years since we signed up with Keeper, but it still has some fairly basic limitations that it needs to overcome. For instance, in shared folders, it'd be nice to have separate sharing settings for subfolders.

The UI as a whole is just not as refined as something like 1Password.

1Password and LastPass

Reasons for Choosing Keeper Security

LastPass was acquired by LogMeIn, which is kind of notorious for huge price hikes.

LastPass

Reasons for Switching to Keeper Security

It was mainly based on price and product compatibility.
Chris
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Review of Keeper

Reviewed on 2023/05/30

It's ok. The website address doesn't always work properly and sometimes it's pounding your browser asking if you want to use a password that's wrong. Very annoying

Pros

It's ok to use. Usability can be cumbersome.

Cons

Support. I've reached out to sales many times to get a quote for the SSO version that syncs with AAD. Buying this upgrade seems next to impossible for some reason. I don't really need a quote.

Sanford
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Good with room for more improvement

Reviewed on 2022/12/05

Overall experience is positive though there's much room for improvement and convenience

Pros

Integration with business was straightforward however login syncing between desktop app and browser plugin would be nice (refer to 1Password...log into either and the other is automatically unlocked for use).

Cons

I find the login often breaks in Firefox (tested on different computers as well). Template setup of sites/users could benefit from a cloning feature.

Required GovCloud encryption

Reasons for Switching to Keeper Security

It was the only option with GovCloud which was a requirement from upper management

Best choice!

Reviewed on 2023/10/08

Pros

Easy to use, best features on the market combined with a top security

Cons

Nothing really yet, it’s great! Maybe no free account available?

1Password, KeePass, Bitwarden and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Choosing Keeper Security

Breach and dataloss at lastpass

LastPass

Reasons for Switching to Keeper Security

It is better in every way
Jenni

Keeper Security - Great Password Manager

Reviewed on 2023/10/02

This is helping our staff to manage their passwords and keep them secure. We have also transferred passwords when an employee has left the organization. This allows us to go in and either change the information or delete the account, that we might not have known about if we didn't have Keeper.

Pros

Very easy to use. It does a great job of prompting correctly for the user name and password, unless you have multiple ones for the site, then it allows you to select which one you want to have it fill in. It also is really good at assisting with changing a password.

Cons

When creating a new password it doesn't prompt for what folder you want to save it under, so you have to go into the vault to move it to the folder you want it saved too.

Andreas

Great Product for small Firms with high security need

Reviewed on 2023/07/19

Like it.

Like it.

Pros

Very easy to use and well accepted by users.

Cons

Help could be a little better. Did Not find answers to some questions.

Price
Egle

Strong Vault For Your Digital Identity

Reviewed on 2023/09/07

Pros

It keeps our passwords safe, is easy to use, and works on all devices. Plus, features like fingerprint login and secure sharing make our digital life simpler and more secure.

Cons

There were some issues in earlier versions (master password, extentions) but these issues have been addressed in newer versions and updates.

Monica
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

At first I loved this software as it was the first of its kind password keeper!

Reviewed on 2023/06/22

Pros

With my Blackberry it was the first of its kind! The best part was the ease of access and just the overall keeping up with my passwords that were easily misplaced or forgotten!

Cons

Keeper Security’s need soon dwindled away as new software for different platforms, like iPhone, Android and such came into focus with their own built-in system to keep your passwords within that device and not necessarily on a cloud based system.

Jason

Solid Password Management Tool

Reviewed on 2023/06/26

Pros

Keeper is easy to administer and fully web based. No application installs needed for administration. Browser plugins just work.

Cons

Keeper recently improved the UI and I hope that trend will continue.

Hervé
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Keeper and Groupe ERAM

Reviewed on 2022/05/30

Keeper helps us to increase our security

Keeper helps us to increase our security

Pros

This product is usefull for humans with "Keeper password manager" and machines with "Keeper secert Manager"

Cons

We have problems of password synchronization between PC and IPhones or Android

Bitwarden and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Switching to Keeper Security

Bitwarden : Data isn't in Europe Dashlane : Pour GUI with categories against folders with Keeper
Sharyn

Great for enterprise, small business, community organisations or personal use

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

- I love that I can attach files to a record. Example of use: saving a login and password for an insurance site allows me to keep images of my possessions attached to that site.
- I use Keeper's random password generator when I am signing up to a new site. This is so handy as I don't have to spend ages finding a password that conforms to organisational complexity.
- Business use: I keep my website domain hosting details in Keeper. Create a record, enter the login and password but also attach notes to the record such as renewal dates, which credit card I used to renew, domain lookup information.... pretty much anything I need to know about renewing my domain is cut and pasted into this record for easy access.
- Personal use: As I am a tech support for my family and friends, I have a folder for Mum, one for Dad, one for Best Friend etc. As they are all technophobic, i keep their logins and passwords as a backup so if they forget, they can just call me and ask.

Pros

The feature that I like best about Keeper is being able to access it anytime, anywhere from any device - at the time that I need it.
I've used it for both work and personal use and recommend it to all my customers.
- I only have to remember one password - it only takes me a second to access any site.
- I have the ability to copy and paste a password without exposing the password to others to see.
- Keeper has a browser extension that allows me to save new site logins and passwords automatically.
- I like that I can sort passwords into Subjects or Folders, which is easier for organisation

Cons

I would prefer the ability to make sub-folders under the main folder headings, but that is not a show-stopper - more of a personal preference really.
I think the pricing is reasonable, however, I think the personal licence should include two devices instead of just one.

Denis
Denis

Keeper a great password Manager for it's money.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

This app is definitely in the top of the best password managers not only in my, but also in the world ranking and is not worth so much money that you can lose without protecting your data and pay a much higher price.

Pros

A great password Manager, which has a very rich functionality. You will love these built-in functions as built-in password generator that will help you to generate long, strong and most importantly do not duplicate passwords that will protect your precious data and now you don't have to invent them yourself, but the main thing to remember or worse write what actually is, is an app that stores these passwords in encrypted form, and the attackers will not be able to use them. Just want to note such functions as automatic filling of your credentials on all platforms and on any device. Owners of devices with fingerprint access will be able to use it when accessing the Keeper password database. Cardholders will also be pleased with the possibility of automatic filling of forms in online stores. With this application you will not only protect your credentials, but also protect your personal files such as videos, photos, saving them in the cloud. And to top it all off, I'd like to mention two-factor authentication

Cons

The application is paid, but it is unlikely that this can be regarded as a minus because for the lost data sometimes you have to pay a lot more, so that the application is definitely worth the money.

Dennis

Safe Deposit Box for All Your Passwords

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Best password generator I've ever used. It's simply great!

Best password generator I've ever used. It's simply great!

Pros

This is a great product. Keeper is a vault and a generator for passwords. And it also has a browser extension that allows the vault to be accessed while online. Keeper can generate ids and passwords for new sites...and they are very secure passwords...very cryptic 128-byte passwords. It also is has fields for storing answers to questions used to verify one's identity that are sometimes used by sites. In the vault, you can organize passwords in folders...for example, all banking passwords in one folder, home information sites in another. And it will fill in the id's and passwords automatically if you wish. The vault can be backed up to the cloud or stored on another device of your choosing. The can print them out. Finally, it will sync across several devices. Create a password on your computer, it shows on your tablet or phone.

Cons

This product is simply great! They do have a small charge annually if you want to share the program with other family members.

John

'Fits in seamlessly with my daily

Reviewed on 2017/09/22

- Saves Time s
- Has all my logins and passwords in one place
- Gives me a helicopter of all my...

- Saves Time s
- Has all my logins and passwords in one place
- Gives me a helicopter of all my logins.
- Makes it easier for me to delete websites that I don't use as have them all stored in one place.
- Allows me to store private information
- Syncs across all my devices

Pros

-It saves time on each login that I have as not only are the password and login details held securely but all you don't even have to enter them. All you have to do is click on a button.
-It allows the user to save all their log-in details and and then group. Thus, it allows you to have a helicopter view off the platforms you use etc.
-You can also use the software to store other information not related to log-in and password details

Cons

- Sometimes the login might be on a certain page, however, the software might have stored a different page.
-When you have multiple people signed up for the one account. If it's emails there is no problem but sometimes it might be login with numbers, thus it's hard to know whose accounts it is.

Tom
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Love Keeper for Business

Reviewed on 2019/12/15

It makes all my password needs safe and secure and helps me be certain that my business is not threatened by unwanted hackers. I generally use a 16 character password and I've never experienced a hacker breaking one of my passwords. My business is password safe!

Pros

It's easy to work, saves lots of time looking up passwords, keeps my passwords secure from hackers, makes it easy to assign a password to a given site, makes it easy to insert my password into a site, and the cost to use it on all my devices is a true bargain.

Cons

At times, within certain programs or sites, the automatic entry feature doesn't initiate. In those instances it is a bit of a hassle to open the Keeper program and copy and paste the password, but fortunately this is more the exception than the rule.

Stephen
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Essential application

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

This has been absolutly essential to our business processes. We deal with hundreds of unique passwords and having them in a central common application accessible to our technical staff has been key to maintaining control.

Pros

It is easy to access, easy to use and works on a variety of platforms. It has plugins for the major web browsers. It has the ability to segregate repositories for different groups and to share passwords where necessary. Ability to audit passwords and quickly see where a common password may have been used.

Cons

Wish that it also had the ability to autofill non-web based applications.

Veronica
Veronica
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Best Password Keeper!

Reviewed on 2020/05/17

Pros

I have been using this app for at least 5 years, possibly longer. I pay the low-end fee, once per year. I didn't do that for the first couple years. I decided to pay though because I can now use it on ANY device and it transfers with me. We need to remember so many sites and passwords that it becomes a big headache! It has saved me soooo many times! I have made two folders for my two children and in them I have stored websites and passwords just for them. That has been so helpful!

Cons

It has a function in which you can automatically be sent to save a new password for a new website/app. It would be nice so that you don't ever forget to save a password... it has never worked correctly for me. But, it doesn't bother me much.. Both Google and Samsung ask to save new passwords anyway, so they are backups..

Adam
Adam
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Keeper security

Reviewed on 2023/02/13

Our experience with Keeper has been positive and has improved security and password strength across the organization.

Pros

Keeper security is an excellent password manager that offers an easy to use mobile application, browser extension and desktop application. It allows Teams to store shared passwords across folders along with individual records. keeper also offers a personal licence alongside the business licence so users can have a separate instance for non business related details. Keeper has good password security scores and threat intelligence although I haven't investigated this much.

Cons

Keeper autofill can b frustrating when working as it can block fields from custom information and occasionally stops tabbing down into the next text box. When using integration from Azure AD which handles MFA the keeper device approvals security feature can be irritating. Having to run a Windows service to avoid this can be frustrating.

Alan
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A secure and reliable password manager for personal and business use.

Reviewed on 2018/07/15

Pros

The application is intuitive and easy to use. You can organize and save logins and password details. No limit in the sharing of files or records. Store unlimited passwords. The application ensures round the clock support and customer service. To improve the security of your vaults, you can use the biometric fingerprint option to gain access to your accounts. The application is flexible to be customized according to the organization’s rules and procedures. Login and password generation. The application, in addition to passwords, also permits attaching images and media files to your digital vault. The main advantage of the tool is that you just have to remember one main password to access these from any device or from multiple operating systems. Allows easy navigation and data is automatically backed up.

Cons

Form filling (auto filling) capabilities can be improved. If you are choosing a monthly fee, it is indeed an expensive alternative. The free version lacks features. A feature to notify users when their subscription needs renewal.

Jenna
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Stop Writing Your Passwords Down!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

Google Chrome has a way to store passwords within your browser but on your phone what are you supposed to do if you forget one of your passwords? USE KEEPER! This app is the best for keeping your passwords organized - you can even separate the software or websites you use into folders. For example, I have all websites I shop on under a "Shopping" folder and all the bills I pay online under a "Finances" folder, and so on.

Cons

When using the computer, you just have to remember to be logged into your Chrome (or whatever browser) extension at all times so Keeper will automatically fill your password for you. And everytime you close your browser, it logs you out so you have to reenter your credentials when you open.

Cassandra
  • Industry: Design

Keeper Security - Fantastic Sensitive Information Storage

Reviewed on 2023/03/30

I think Keeper Security is a great password and information management program and it's a great value for the price that it is. I was able to rest a little easier at night knowing that Keeper Security had my back when it came to my online information.

Pros

I love that it wasn't super overwhelming for a first-timer when I first purchased a subscription. They made it easy to welcome me into the world of password management, especially when I didn't know what to expect. For the first time, I knew what it felt like to not have to worry about my information getting hacked into or leaked out and sold on the dark web.

Cons

I never found one thing that I disliked about the software. They made it extremely easy to be able to relax online knowing that my information was secure.

Sarah
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great Product and Easy to Use for the Whole family

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

My whole family from teenagers to 60+-year-old mother uses it. I use it in the office, at home, and on the go. I have hundreds of passwords securely saved that I can access easily from all my devices. I love that I can quickly generate new passwords and store new site information quickly and easily. Customer service has been wonderful the couple of times I have needed them. I love that I am able to share passwords and login information between users, including my coworker.

Pros

Ease of Use. Strong Passwords. Multi-Platform. Several Plans to Choose From. Great & Fast Customer Support. Price is Right for Me. Simple to Share Passwords Between Registered Users.

Cons

The only thing that I have found that I do not like is that there is no warning before the subscription expires.

Russ
Russ
  • Industry: Insurance

Keeper is my Go To app for managing strong passwords

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

I have numerous logins and passwords that I must manage that require greater cybersecurity security measures. Keeper makes it very easy to manage and change them as often as I need. The best feature is the password generator that allows me to create very complicated passwords.

Pros

Easy to setup
Easy to generate a variety strong passwords (up to 51 characters)
Works well with my iPhone using search or cut and paste
Cloud based application makes it easy to replace devices
Very easy to organize the many passwords I use.

Cons

Search feature could be improved
Conflicts with iPhone Keychain

Randy
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Seasoned user of Keeper

Reviewed on 2018/01/14

Pros

VERY user friendly!!
This IS a must have app for user id's & PW's!! I'd be lost with out it!
Customer support is responsive...usually within 24 hours (wish it was a bit faster though)
Like the fact they give users a trial run to "test the waters"
One feature that is FANTASTIC is their desktop extension app! LOVE this feature! SO helpful!!

Cons

I wish they would reach out to longer time users to ask for feedback/input on what they need...ESPECIALLY since we pay for the product.
The ability to upload only 5 items is annoying!
No ability to move uploaded items, within the app is equally annoying.