Justine S.
  • Industry: Publishing

Excellent product! Shortlist has streamlined several of our internal freelancer management...

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

A streamlined solution to freelancer management! We used to have a fragmented system that involved using several tools for various parts of freelancer management: onboarding, information tracking, project assignments, performance tracking, etc. We are now able to fulfill all of these duties using one single platform, which drastically cuts our admin time and creates a smoother, more consistent workflow and user experience.

Pros

From an internal perspective, Shortlist greatly reduced our admin time spent on freelancer management and allowed us to centralize many management duties. The platform helped us to streamline freelancer onboarding, information tracking, project assignments, performance tracking, and more. Before Shortlist, we were using several different tools to accomplish what is now done in one single platform!

The project assignment functionality was the biggest attraction for us. It's the most robust I've seen, offering several assignment workflows. Our company works on a bidding system -- freelancers essentially opt into potential projects by bidding for work -- and Shortlist seamlessly supports and has enhanced our system.

In addition, the platform is very user friendly for both administrators and freelancers. Although the platform offers a robust selection of tools to assist in freelancer and vendor management, the interface is clean, simple, and easy to navigate. The user friendly workflow greatly reduces the potential for confusion or questions, which is vital when working with a large external workforce.

Lastly, the Shortlist team is clearly committed to the success of their customers. The team has been extremely communicative, receptive to feedback, and quick to offer helpful insights or suggestions on how to maximize use of the platform.

Cons

There's nothing I explicitly dislike about the platform. However, I'd love to see more customization options, especially in regards to freelancer profiles and the internal performance tracking system.

Response from Shortlist

Thanks Justine, really appreciate this!

Loryn E.

The FMS of my dreams!

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

When I began the hunt for a FMS for our small start-up, I was working out of no less than five massive spreadsheets -- not to mention the hundreds of files floating around -- just to keep track of our freelance projects and payments.

I found Shortlist via Google search, and from my very first contact I've been impressed with the software and especially, the team. I was able to consolidate all of my scattered processes into one location, and the ability to manage all aspects of a freelancer's work cycle, from on-boarding to assignments to payment, has shaved countless hours off my work day.

I think my absolute favorite part of working with Shortlist though has been the amazing team of people devoted to helping ensure that we have the best product to work with. The sales team wasn't pushy, the tech team is always available for help or improvements, and our customer success rep has been an absolute pleasure to work with.

I can't say enough good things about Shortlist, and how vastly it's improved and streamlined our processes, and in turn, our own work flows.

Pros

*Integration with Hello Sign takes so much pain out of the on-boarding process
*Speaking of which, the customizable on-boarding is bar none
*Payments are easy to set up and schedule
*Freelancers love it
*Intuitive set up; you can tell it was designed with the user experience in mind
*Amazing responsiveness of team

Cons

Only one: I do a lot of bulk work, and it can get tedious as times. For example, I may have 25 of the same type of assignment going out. If I need to change the rate on them, I have to visit each one individually (can't open in new tabs), change it, and get back to the projects screen, which is now unsorted. So I have to resort to find my items and start the process again.

Tony W.
  • Industry: Media Production

The premise of the platform is great - the aesthetic design and functionality sometimes lacks.

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

The ability to share curation with our talent pool across our various internal stakeholders.

Pros

That we can have ratings, reviews and contextual information about our talent pool. It makes curating our talent much easier.

Cons

The design feels a bit dated and the functionality fails sometimes. It feels like a product that is very much still in development and lacks polish. Also, we have not used the Project RFP/RFP functionality as much as originally anticipated - although that is not necessarily the result of the software.

However, the lack of flexibility in modifying questionnaires feels clunky at best and downright annoying at worst.

Christopher J.
  • Industry: Photography

Impressed over and over again

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

The Shortlist team has gone above and beyond many times. Most recently I had a few urgent questions that I needed answered and Soobin Kang personally called me outside of typical business hours and made sure I got everything I needed figured out. He continues to check in and make sure that my experience is nothing but the best. The product is amazing, but the customer service is even better. I can't say enough great things about the Shortlist team.

Pros

It is like a dream come true. I needed a product like this for many months and finally decided on Shortlist. Shorltist is everything I needed from a contractor management software. they keep improving and listening to their customers and I am always impressed.

Cons

The cons, not many cons here. The only thing I would say is its so secure that sometimes It can take a little bit to log in if you forgot your password like myself:) But I ultimately look at this as a positive as Shortlist is holding lots of sensitive information. So security is a huge plus.

Louise F.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

We managed to bring our APAC freelance team onboard (over 400 individuals) within a three month period. This enabled us to align all documentation, share resources, identify gaps, distribute work in a much more efficient and organized manner. The whole experience with the Customer Success team was a huge positive! Solution focused, responsive and overall an incredibly nice team to work with.

Pros

User friendly, great customer support, provides innovative business solutions. Being able to see our freelance talent's portfolio in one easy-to-use platform was such an advantage for our teams to ensure the right talent was engaged.

Cons

I would love to see more reporting functionality - but I know it's on the way - once that is in place this is a brilliant software for any company to bring on-board to manage freelance talent

Lily X.
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Team, Product, and Process!

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

The overall experience with shortlist was excellent! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were great communicators and was very responsive to my requests. The team was a joy to work with. I had requested a calendar feature as part of my POC, and the team spoke to their product team to make it happen.

Pros

The onboarding feature was the most impactful. At our company, we used Shortlist for vendor onboarding and the team helped us developed our first proof of concept. The feature helped streamline our onboarding process for new vendors in a very user-friendly way. This feature received great feedback from various teams in the organization.

Cons

Shortlist had many great features that we requested for. If I have to name a con, I wish there's more flexibility in customization.

Michael M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

On-boarding

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

The platform has integrated into our business very well and has saved us a ton of admin. Most of all the customer service experience has been amazing and we are very happy with our relationship with the Shortlist team who are always on hand to solve any problems!

Pros

The software is very easy to use which makes it easy for the operatives that work for us to understand the functionality and complete their on-boarding with ease!

Cons

Although the software is very customisable. There are a few features our company didn't need and we would have like to have had them removed.

Todd C.
  • Industry: Events Services

Shortlist Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

We use Shortlist as our supplier, venue and freelancer database allowing the team to search based on country of operation, experience, industry and many other factors. Suppliers upload all relevant insurance and marketing documentation when they on-board to help the team make decisions and reduce email traffic in the planning stages. Post event the team review the suppliers helping the rest of the team make better informed decisions during the next search.

Pros

The software is incredibly intuitive and requires very little training. The layout is user friendly and is structured to get search results as fast as possible. Very editable on-boarding templates to suit different suppliers and freelancers.

Cons

Like all platforms there are pieces that need changing to suit our business, Shortlist have worked very hard to make developmental changes for us and continue to do so.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Great tool to manage your partners!

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

The team have been excellent and really accommodating to our requirements. Using Shortlist will allow us to better manage and engage with our Partners but it will also impact our internal teams giving them the visibility needed and helping them to deliver for our customers.

Pros

Firstly it's so simple to use. I also love the fact that unlike a lot of systems, it's so customisable which will be important to a lot of companies.

Cons

Still in implementation so nothing so far

Gabriel A.

Lots of capabilities, but under delivered and poor customer service

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Endless issues with payments and keeping track of the status of payments (some payments marked as paid even when the contractor doesnt actually have funds).

Most of all, very unsatisfactory customer service. Often no support at all.

Pros

Lots of functionality. But poor use of features

Cons

Payments are incredibly slow, and never on time. Takes 2-3 weeks to process and with holidays can delay payments longer. Customer services is UNREACHABLE at times, only a chat function with NO phone number to contact. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Good from the freelancer side - hard from the other side.

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

I love it for the project management side, but until the software simplifies the payment system I likely won't be able to use it much more.

Pros

I love how, as a freelancer, I can write messages to my employer and provide them with files that I upload. Plus, the Shortlist system sends notifications everytime I make an update. This means I don't have to remind my employer that I'm done with a project.

Cons

We couldn't get the payments to work. As a result, we only used Shortlist as a project management system and not a full-service payment system.

Robert M.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A cure for the mess of vendor and freelancer management

Reviewed on 2016/05/11

Shortlist is a great end-to-end solution to effectively source, on-board, manage and pay freelancers, contractors and vendor partners. Really smart automation that saves time and effort. Great design to consolidate what was once tedious, manual processes.

Pros

Automated on-boarding and performance management tools. Invoicing.

Cons

Have not found any at this time.

Sebastien M.

Manage your external partners with Flexibility

Reviewed on 2016/04/22

I could use the platform for a while to manage personal design projects and it helped me save considerable time to find the relevant partners to work with within a few days

Pros

-Very nice and easy to use interface
-Access to a large database of talents worldwide

Cons

-No Mobile version yet

Agnes S.

The perfect tool for handling a lot of people

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

As the only content manager at the team I am responsible for around 100 people. I have to hire, onboard new talent, and give out tasks to the already existing team of translators and voice talents and run projects parallel for many languages. Shortlist made this insanely huge and complex task mindblowingly easy. Steps that I had to do 30-50 times per project can now be done with 3 clicks. The site is super easy to use, the contractors had no problem applying, registering or later using the site and its functions.

Pros

Using Shortlist made it so much easier to handle our whole translator and voice talent team. I could move away from emails and have everything in one place from job ads, hiring, actual projects and task management to invoicing. I don't have to search back anymore in endless emails, every person and project has all the information on one site. I also love how many things can be integrated, especially the Slack notifications. We also got outstanding support from the Shortlist team, from setting up our account to monthly check-ins and personalisation.

Cons

A bit more bulk editing options would be great for the tasks, I have to enter and edit info one-by-one now for all.

Response from Shortlist

Thank you!

Elliott R.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2016/04/19

I've been using Shortlist for over a year now, and have found in extremely useful tool for managing our agency's workforce. I've recommended Shortlist not just for my own company but to other teams that I now consult with. What it comes down to is that it solves a major issue for me when it comes to managing your workforce in one central location. Before Shortlist came around, there wasn't really any decent options to solve this. I notice also that the Shortlist team has made major steps forward with the UI/product design over the last few months. It's looking great and the new clean dashboard design will be a welcomed addition for our team.

Pros

- I think value for money - you cannot go past this. It's priced extremely well for software in this category.
- Nice design. Lets face it - most of these tools look like they've been design and built by the finance team! Shortlist looks more like an Apple product.
- Great customer service. When we first tried it out we were having some small issues onboarding , but Shortlist got straight back to me and helped us immensely.

Kevin G.
  • Industry: Publishing

The solution I have been waiting for!

Reviewed on 2017/11/03

Makes hiring vendors a breeze.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, intuitive interface. Met most of the initial needs and their new updates continue to impress.

Response from Shortlist

Thanks Kevin, much appreciated!

Melanie H.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Exceptional Customer Service/Great company

Reviewed on 2018/08/25

When our previous payment provider was acquired, we searched for a new company that could provide both payment processing and an onboarding/management system for our outside contractors.
Working with Shortlist has exceeded our expectations in every way. The Shortlist leadership team from the top down is passionate about their product and has gone above and beyond to make sure our customer experience has been positive and successful.
Working in finance over 20 years, I have never experienced a system implementation/integration with the continued level of support and attention that Shortlist has given our company.
I highly recommend Shortlist!

Pros

Ease of use and ability to integrate with our internal platform
Demonstrated ease of onboarding and payment tracking for our outside contractors
Reporting features

Cons

Have not had any difficulties navigating thus far

Smile L.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Excellent service provider and outstanding service

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

Pros

Shortlist provides an user friendly environment and they can always customize per our request. Information on the platform are straightforward and our payee are invited to the platform timely. Payment are processed timely and accurately. Service team are always responsive and willing to solve any problem.

Cons

If we could download customize report from the platform that if would be perfect!

Emily K.

Adds ease and efficiency

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

We were looking for a system to manage our contractors outside of our excel spreadsheet and e-mail. Shortlist provided a way to organize and categorize our contractors. Our entire team is easily able to send the agreements (the templates save us time vs using e-mail) and being able to view all the agreements easily has been a huge time saver for our team.

Pros

Shortlist streamlined our contractor process and allowed us to become much more efficient in sending agreements to our contractors.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints with Shortlist.

Jessica T.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Shortlist review

Reviewed on 2016/04/29

The perfect tool for managing your business - a centralised and customised platform to manage either vendors or freelancers, or both. I find that we need to be even more agile in our workplace and Shortlist allows you to manage this seamlessly.

Pros

* Automation to improve process
* Customisation - unique to your business requirements
* User friendly

Cons

* Can't think of any right now!

Brian T.

great tool to manage your freelancers

Reviewed on 2016/04/23

- easy to use
- we added all our freelancers and contractors
- supports japanese language
- great tool for managing freelancers and vendors from a single place
- much better visibility into the 3rd party spend
- helpful insights

Nate B.
  • Industry: Publishing

Shortlist is great and getting better!

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Customer support and the rest of team at Shortlist have been great to work with. They have followed through constantly to make sure the system is working for us and are quick to turn around any requests or answer any questions. Great customer experience!

Pros

Shortlist is user-friendly and has a lot of nice features that help me better manage my team of freelancers. I like that freelancers can set up their own profiles and set their availability, so I know at a moment's glance who will be best for a particular project.

Cons

Shortlist does have limited reporting and project-tracking features. I believe the team is constantly heading feedback and working to add new features though, which is reassuring.

Response from Shortlist

Hi Nate,

Thanks a lot a lot for your review! We recently launched a very extensive reporting module, We will make sure to reach out to you shortly to demonstrate this to make sure it matches your needs.

Thanks again,
Martin

Fantastic !!! This is a future proof product that every Agency will need in the coming years

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

1. Easy project setup. Get a project ready to be shared with vendors in no time. - with a possibility of setting up deadlines for proposals and final submissions. - Templates included in the software makes it easy to find the type of project you will use it for.

2. Super easy to onboard freelancers, consultants, and vendors.

3. Payment through the platform also possible.

4. Great Customer Support to help during onboarding and while using the product.

Cons

Can't think of any Cons.

Reminders sent to participating people and or companies to keep things moving along.

Matthew S.
  • Industry: Events Services

Excellent piece of software

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Pros

Ability to easily search our third-party collaborators, request information from them, and keep our relationships up to date
Particularly helpful for signing documents and keeping supplier information accuate

Cons

Sometimes the structure could be a bit rigid if we wanted changes

• Industry: Consumer Services

I love shortlist!

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

Okay, I've seen a lot of similar types of software, but I love how shortlist does things! They are a true class leader

Cons

I don't like the support but that seems to be the norm with SaaS companies - other than that they're good, they have a good help desk as well.