DonorSnap

Contact database and donor management tools for fundraisers

Mia H.

DonorSnap Best Solution for SMALL nonprofit

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Fabulous, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing, the support team is responsive and I have hopefully sold a new user, another Fisher House group like mine.

Pros

When I was researching, I was pleased to get such quick response and favorable reviews from current testimonials. The pricing is great, implementation and conversion realistic with cost and timeframes, and features are perfect for our size organization. I like being able to target customers through reports and then send emails/texts. Integration with QB is a huge plus! Responsive forms automatically entering new donors is also a time saver.

Cons

I would like inbound text (text to donate specifically) but more importantly, the ability to upload document attachments from the software. Scanning them, naming them and then adding them is very time consuming. I use handwritten notes to donors and like to capture them for future reference so they don't originate from a document that can be PDF.

Suzi C.

Complex Needs Met

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Spreadsheets are gone! Before utilizing DonorSnap we had many places things were kept. We had numerous methods for tracking the same data and it was difficult to get thank you letters to donors and fundraising addresses updated and tracked. We needed what DonorSnap has to offer. We are still learning of new ways to utilize the tools it has and with its collaborative relationships for a credit card processor (goEmerchant), with Constant Contact, and Intuit, then the ability to create forms to integrate with your website. We are now re-developing our website and working to fully utilize the abilities of DS in our non-profit.

Pros

I love that I have the ability to customize the screens and that I can build forms to meet our needs.

Cons

The needs of a non-profit with donations and memberships are complex and had been managed poorly before this software was in use. The learning curve is long and complex and it is because the functions are complex as is needed with the type of needs we have.

Teresa C.
  • Industry: Information Services

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

We are able to keep everything, donors, contacts, donations, correspondence organized, and create reports when needed. Tech support is knowledgeable and always there when needed. Being able to adjust and manipulate the layout and add or take away what works for the organization is wonderful, it's like building your own personal database, and you can't beat the price.

Pros

Excellent for keeping track of donations, contact information, and correspondence with donors. It is user-friendly for the most part, but easy access to the instructional videos really helps when needed.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to contact support by phone, but all in all the support with DonorSnap is very helpful and responds to inquiries very quickly via email. I would really love it if the database was able to integrate with PayPal so I wouldn't have to enter each donation individually, or worry that another user might miss a donation entry or detail. Reports could be a little more user-friendly to create.

Response from DonorSnap

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying DonorSnap and finding it user friendly. While we don't integrate with PayPal, users who collect online donations with PalPal can easily upload these into DonorSnap using our excel import tool. Here you can find out how to use this feature:
I also wanted to let you know that we do accept online donations through goEmerchant and our responsive forms. Switching over is easy and we recently did a webinar comparing the two systems. Please feel free to watch it if you are interested in switching over:
Thank you again for your review and being a customer, we appreciate you!

Karen J.
  • Industry: Libraries

Happy Client

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

I would describe my overall experience with DonorSnap as very positive. We are able to do many gift processing functions (recording donations, sending thank you letters) quickly and easily. I am building more complete donor profiles with the tools. We are now able to run reports and set up mailing and prospect lists consistently. The e-commerce feature and the responsive forms allow us to set up online ticket purchasing, registrations, and donations. This has been a critical tool for us.

Pros

We are a small nonprofit in a rural community in Oregon. DonorSnap is our first donor database system after years of Excel spreadsheets. I am so happy with how I can use it to record donor history, build contact profiles, run reports, pull lists and keep track of solicitations, conduct mass email campaigns, build responsive forms for online giving, and add notes. I don't feel we have utilized all the possible features yet. I love learning how to customize the fields and then to populate it with information. The training program and help videos are awesome. The response to my questions on email are fast and helpful. The support is a key aspect of why I feel we are using DonorSnap successfully. I now have a wish list of things I want to do with DonorSnap that I have yet to set up. It is a robust donor management tool and easy to use.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about DonorSnap. There are some 'canned' reports that make it easy to use DonorSnap but I like to make custom reports too. I still need help with the report writing feature in the DataMiner Platinum since I am still learning. I'd like to master it better but know the team is there to help me get it right. Also, when we use the responsive forms sometimes DonorSnap doesn't recognize the patron as already having a record in the system and duplicates have occurred. I'm learning how to match and set up the forms to allow for smoother integration when we post the online gift or purchase. There is a tool to merge duplicate records so we have found that helpful. This is not a software problem but more of a user inexperience problem.

Amber C.

Best Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

I love DonorSnap - from the functionality, to the simple/customizable dashboard appearance, to the top notch support team and weekly trainings!

Pros

The software is self explanatory and easy to navigate day to day function. They customer service blows any other company out of the water! They are quick, responsive, and reliable. Having an issue? The team will make you a custom step by step video in your individual database. I thought I would need phone support but their team is SO quick and thorough via email that I feel more supported by email than I ever did with a previous database company by phone. Free weekly training are the icing on the cake for a great database system.

Cons

The process to access reports/certain information can be very time consuming until you are 100% comfortable with it. There are a LOT of steps to run a simple report. DonorSnap is a bit ore DIY than I am comfortable with, ex. building my own forms. DataMinorPlatinum still scares me after 8 months of playing with it.

Jennifer D.

Must have for Non-Profit

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Use the incredible customer service. They made excellent suggestions to customize the site and make it work for our school. Take the webinars. Watch the help videos. I have loved the search feature for looking up check numbers that may have gotten out in the wrong name. I love the fast and extremely helpful customer service. It's also very adaptive to each business.

I have used it for nearly 8 years and am still learning new features. There are a ton of reports and ways to customize it. Don't be afraid to ask DonorSnap how to make it work for what you need. They will definitely help.

Pros

It's a highly intuitive program. It's very easy to use. Love the ease of receipting and setting up reminders. I love the ability to email both monthly receipts and year-end contribution statements. The customer service is the best. There are a ton of training videos on the website that are all free to use. They also have many free webinars. You can also reach out with any question and they are very responsive and help you through your problems right away.

They also just introduced a new feature where you can send texts to your donor base. I have not had much experience but it was very easy to set up.

Cons

I found this very easy to use and honestly there are not a lot of things I find wrong with Donor Snap. I recommend it to people all the time!

Jennifer M.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

DonorSnap is a great investment

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

I have been thrilled with DonorSnap.

Pros

DonorSnap has made a huge impact on the organization of our donor records and efficiency of our organization. We are a very small operation, with only 2 part time staff and a part time bookkeeper. Prior to our investment in DonorSnap, we were using excel spreadsheets. It was a nightmare and very stressful that we would lose our data. DonorSnap has allowed us to understand our donors better and plan for the future with a variety of reports. Finally, I was warned many many times about how difficult it would be to implement new software and transfer our existing data. This proved to be untrue! Once we made the commitment to DonorSnap we were up and running within a few weeks. The DonorSnap team made the transition seamless. The support is amazing and I always get a response within a few hours or day at the most. We made the transition to using DonorSnap for online donations, which has been a success.

Cons

There are a few limitations to the reporting capabilities. We are on a different fiscal year (starts Feb 1) which makes some reporting difficult because it is not as easy to run a report and adds another step to reporting. In addition, I have not found a way to do acknowledgement letters to Fundholders to let them know we have received a gift to their fund easily. I have created a work around that pulls out an excel file and I can do a mail merge. Still much easier than what I had been doing prior to implementing DonorSnap. Last issue for me is counts on reports. It would be great if there was a count of donations at the botton of the reports. We often want to know how many donations came in and it requires an excel spreadsheet which I either need to manipulate or add the additional info by hand to the pdf which is easier for board members, staff to review.

David R.

This is an excellent database platform. Not flashy, but very sufficient for our needs.

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Pros

This database does everything we need it to and more. We're a smaller non-profit with 1500 donors. The database makes searching for information and pulling reports simple while providing all the details we need. The BEST part of DonorSnap is their incredible customer support team. They've never taken more than a few minutes to respond to email questions with clear and concise answers. They answer in a way that not only gives you what you need, but teaches you how to find it next time. This team is really on top of their game. Our organization also just launched the new partnership DonorSnap has with goEmerchant for our online giving and feedback from our donors has been very positive. Nice to have it all in one system.

Cons

This software is not flashy or polished. Then again it doesn't have a premium price tag. Once you learn the software though you'll find it has everything most people need to successfully manage an organizations donors/volunteers/etc. I think there are a few functions that would be great to add, but honestly, when I've asked the support team - 2/3 of the time they are already working on that next new feature! For example - one area that is lacking is regional donor search features. We have donors all across the country and when I go visit a certain area it would be great to search for all donors within 50 miles of a certain zip code for example.

Response from DonorSnap

David,

Thank you so much for the feedback. Regarding the proximity report... we actually have this ready to go on our testing site. It will go live in the next batch of updates. You'll see that option in DataMiner Platinum by adding the zip code field to the query builder. Let us know how it meets your needs!

Barry S.

Satisfied

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

I've been very satisfied with DonorSnap. We had spreadsheets prior to installing DonorSnap. There has been somewhat of a learning curve, but once you master what you want to get out of the system, it works.

Pros

In my opinion, DonorSnap is a robust product that provides excellent functionality. For our small organization it meets all our needs. This system will do much more than I'm capable or implementing or have the time to build and implement. There's more engine under the hood than most people will ever really need. But that to me is the beauty of it. It's there if you want or need it. It's solid. It works. Support is Excellent. Very responsive. They know the system. I'm very impressed with their support. They also have a wide range of training videos and live webinars to help you.

Cons

Comparing DonorSnap to other similar products, it is not flashy. If you're looking for flash, DonorSnap may not be what you want. If you like lots of colorful graphs, DonorSnap probably isn't for you. If you want a product that, at least for us, provides a broad array of options to track donor information and you don't care about a fancy front end, then DonorSnap may be what you're looking for.

Shannan M.

A great product, but not for me

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

It's been difficult to learn all of the features of DonorSnap without an understanding of how & why it was set up the way that it was. I suppose that is a challenge for most CRMs when one group of people set it up and new people come in where no training from the previous people is really provided. My overall experience may be different if I had been there in the beginning.

Pros

I like that you can automatically have it assign letters to different types of donations and that you can see it all at the Dashboard so you don't forget to send them. It is also very convenient to be able to set up Mass Entry options when you have a group of donations that are tied to the same event.

Cons

I do not like that you are unable to sort the entire database without creating a report. I also am not a fan of the fact that you would have to create a report to pull a list of contacts to change one thing about them all, export to excel, make the change, then import back into DonorSnap. It would be much more effective to be able to sort by look-up items, use a drop down with an option that says change to, and then have it ask, change all records in look-up? So you can just hit yes. I also do not like that you cannot see all the notes, donations, and contact information on one screen. You have to click on tabs and I actually find it quite cumbersome to have to click a tab to see donations, another for notes, another for interactions, etc.

Adele G.

Excellent Program for tracking donations and volunteers

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

I used DonorSnap for about 3 years to manage volunteers and donors at the homeless shelter where I worked. It made our process for tracking and acknowledging these aspects of our work much more organized and efficient.

Pros

This is an excellent program. It's great for a non-profit to track contacts and all donations and volunteer hours and form a list from which many types of reports can be pulled. Excellent for mailings and generating acknowledgement letters that would have otherwise had to be hand-written. Great for campaigns. Wonderful help index on every page with detailed instructions and help-videos. Excellent customer support with frequent training webinars.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to generate an email list right from the program without having to go through a third party like Constant Contact. Also, generating mailing labels is not as easy as it could be.

Response from DonorSnap

Adele, thank you so much for the praise! We're very pleased to hear how DonorSnap has helped increase the organization and efficiency of your nonprofit.

I think you will also be pleased to hear that we added a mass email tool to DonorSnap earlier this year. It is included with all subscriptions. Email us at [email protected] and we'll walk you through it.

Greg Y.

DonorSnap is Great!

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

We were using a homemade Access program which was a headache to use and update. The ease of moving over to DonorSnap was extremely easy. Training was offered immediately and made the transition very easy. We have had very few issues and when we did things were resolved immediately. We continue to look for ways to use DonorSnap to help us improve our donor retention and cultivation. I recommend DonorSnap all the time.

Pros

The ease of using this software makes it easy for training on it's use. We have been very happy with what the way we can create ways to use it to fit our needs. Also, staff are willing to hear of suggestions for changes. The ability to one have one place to have donor contact information and the connection with Constant Contact is a major plus.

Cons

The only thing that sometimes made it difficult to use in the past is know the symbols used when creating reports.

Amy K.

Donorsnap

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Consolidated donor information and communication in one-stop shopping

Pros

Gives a detailed listing of Donors, donor activity, information, trends etc

Cons

Can be difficult to not have a "live" person to contact with questions. However the tutorial videos are very helpful

Marion C.
  • Industry: Libraries
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Donorsnap review

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

I have found Donorsnap to be quite useful for fundraising and donor tracking in a small non-profit organization. I can generate helpful reports for my board of trustees and there is plenty of room for growth. Tech support has also be helpful when there have been glitches (or user problems) and have solved my problems quickly.

Pros

I found Donorsnap fairly easy to use. I was able to start using it immeadiately after initial training, and I am not a techie. I like that there are videos and notes to go to to find out how to impliment certain items. I do like that tech is available, at least through email. Also, they have upgraded it since I began using it.

Cons

They offered eMerchant as a banking option, but it would not intergrate with our other banking commiments. Also, I miss some of the functions that I had when I used Microsoft Access. However, I had no support with Access.

Aimee A.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Good Value for the Money

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Our Foundation uses Donor Snap to track all fundraising activities. It is user friendly and does the job.

Pros

Donor Snap is a cost effective option for small to mid-sized nonprofits. There are no add-ons, it is all-inclusive and easy to learn. There are lots of helpful tutorials and set-up was a breeze.

Cons

Needs: Moves management for tracking donor stewardship, asks, and other interactions. It would be nice to have a fundraising dashboard in which you could add your fundraising goals and track throughout the year. Sponsor tracking for events would also be nice. It would be nice to have a "campaign / event" center where goals could be added and easy reports of sponsorship tracking could be run.

Sue K.

Great product!

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

I love the ease of DonorSnap. I love being able to print out a batch of letters and be able to still customize the letter as I see fit. I'm very happy with this product.

Pros

I think it's easy to learn. There are instructions for each page you use. Support help is good too.

Cons

I have a harder time with dataminer reports. I would like a report system that is easier for me. But it may be that I just need more training in that field.

Sheila S.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Diffficult reports

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Overall, I use DS for two different non-profits I am involved in and it suits our needs so far.

I wish that I was able to utilize the texting option without having to pay an additional fee to someone else.

Pros

Product overall is easy to use, with easy screen customizations which is what I like the most - being able to see what I need where I need it.

Cons

The Data Minor Platinum reports are very difficult to query and the fact that the query and anywhere there are available fields to choose from, are not listed alphabetically. Sometimes I am searching for a long time to find what I am looking for. The max and sum aggregation is not very user friendly

Ellen A.

All the information is needed

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

The support staff is fabulous. They either answer the questions or send a link for self service. The benefits are that we can look at activity from any computer as long as we remember the passwords.

Pros

The feature that us the most, is that we can access Donor Snap on any computer (as long as we remember the passwords). It's ease to find out information about a particular donor is easy and the information is there.

Because there is so much to this program, it takes getting accustomed to using it, but the support is there for the asking.

Cons

What I liked least is when integrating it with Quick Books. It was not explained when we were looking into Donor Snap, that all of the new donor(s) names would have to be entered into QB first, then sent to Donor Snap, then integrated between Donor Snap and QB. Furthermore, any donation into Donor Snap has be be reviewed after entering it into system to state method of payment and other incidentials.

Darren W.

Cost Effective Donor Platform

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

Overall it is a cost effective tool for a small non-profit where we have been able to adjust the software as we grow without costly upgrades or consultants needed to be involved.

Pros

I love the software's flexibility in set up, the integration to events registration, the ability to keep data on those involved with the organization

Cons

Would like to see the software integrate with more communication software.

Ryan A.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Logical and User-Friendly

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Very happy, and recommend to colleagues in the non-profit world often.

Pros

The primary functions of DonorSnap work how I had always wished other products did. Simple, logical, easy to access important data, that goes only as in-depth as you want.

Cons

Not a very aesthetic interface, but that is a very minimal problem.

Lori F.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Donations/Golf Outings Customer Service Rep outstanding

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

I was hired by a company that uses donor snap. I have been a bookkeeper for over 20 years and this was my first experience with this software. I emailed in for help and
rep responded to my emails. Rep's response time was extremely quick and so informative. He even sent me a video to walk me through some steps. This made my job for my client so much easier.
Rep's outstanding customer service is the #1 reason I would recommend donor snap.

Pros

the customer service has been outstanding

Cons

The integration with Quickbooks. I think there needs to be a spot for the QB Customer Code when adding a donor. It would be so much easier and less likely for mistakes if we didn't have to do this extra step and it was in the main screen

Carol S.

DonorSnap Best Value Donor Management Software for the Money

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

This cloud-based software provides the tools we need, but takes time to learn and was, by far, the least expensive. The program lets us manage all of our donor information in one spot. We are able to attach documents, such as grant applications and submitted grants. Using DataMiner Platinum, we can develop sophisticated report criteria. We can also show all recent donor information on the Dashboard. It has proven invaluable to our organization. Many training videos and help pages are available to help you every step of the process and the emailed help response is excellent and personalized.

Cons

The appearance needs to be more attractive, updated, but that doesn't affect performance. I have found DataMiner Platinum to be difficult to learn, but pre-built reports are included and helpful.

Grant C.

Opportunity

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

It has been positive and we look forward to continuing to increase our utilization of the system.

Pros

We are a small non-profit who is growing. As we grow we continue to find additional opportunities that are built into DonorSnap that make our fundraising network simpler and more efficient.

Cons

Our biggest problem is not with DonorSnap. Until recently, we have been an all volunteer (no employees) non-profit and finding a volunteer to maintain DS has been difficult. We continue to seek a willing volunteer.

Giles L.
  • Industry: Music

Good for small organizations

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Overall it fits our small organizations needs. The functionality works but you might need other programs to support the lacking features

Pros

Ease of use, quick features, simple to set up forms

Cons

Overall some features are not easily intuitive or work different than described. Import is difficult and tedious. Forms linking to accounts can be buggy. Reporting is basic and not the most comprehensive. Export to QB is not super useful

Reyna S.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Haven’t used anything else, so....

It works well enough.

Pros

I like that I can print & mail or e-mail receipts and letters and that I can do envelopes from the same screen for the same batch.
The contribution statements were great, plenty of fields to be specific to our needs.
I like the Dashboard and all the options there.
I like that I can add fields and make things specific for my needs.

Cons

The Quickbooks integration feature doesn’t really work for me. I have new donors every day so I have to add them into both programs, I was also not happy with how it detailed in Quickbooks when I integrated. Basically, I don’t use that feature at all because I don’t feel it saves time.
Also, in creating a batch, it would be nice if there was an “email” is/is not empty or “address” is/is not empty.