DonorSnap

4,5 (295)
Contact database and donor management tools for fundraisers

Celeste G.

Great solution for small nonprofits

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Pros

DonorSnap is easy to use. My favorite feature is the form builder; the forms integrate nicely with our website and are a great solution for event registration forms that import the data directly into the CRM. I've used both DonorSnap and Saleforce for registration and hands down DonorSnap is far more reliable, simpler, and offers better customization for our needs vs Salesforce. It's also far easier to use both as the administrator and as an end user. I've never had a DonorSnap form fail me. I can't say the same for Salesforce.

We use DonorSnap for tracking donors, volunteers, and participants in our programs.

DonorSnap keeps their software updated and is very good about offering training and notifications of any server maintenance that may disrupt use (it never does).

Cons

The report features are very robust but not always intuitive to set up and run. Fortunately if you get stuck, DonorSnap's support team is fabulous and will help you to figure it out.

Ashley S.

Use for a small but very busy neighborhood senior services organization

Reviewed on 2022/05/05

We've used the software for about three years now, and we've found that DonorSnap's focus is on functionality, which we appreciate. Though they gave it a makeover fairly recently, it wasn't one of those software makeovers that just makes it look more modern while removing functionality (my personal pet peeve). They add new features pretty regularly and provide clear and easily accessed training for them. The pricing structure is frozen in place, so no worries about it suddenly blowing up your small organization's budget.

Pros

Our favorite features are responsive forms and mass email campaigns. DonorSnap seems hard to learn, but you get the hang of it pretty quickly. It's a great balance of having a basic ready-to-go template in place with a lot of ways to customize it for your org's needs. The support team is pretty responsive over email when you need them. We also pay less than half of what we used to pay for a different CRM that didn't give us nearly as many features. The fact that DS is web-based came in handy during the Covid pivot to work-from-home.

Cons

There are a number of minor software bugs (that have fairly easy workarounds once you remember that they're there).

Cass K.

Great basics, but communucation tools lacking or are too generic

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

Sales, data transfer, and workshops have been good. I feel like the staff does its best to fully answer questions and solve problems. But with the overall limitations of the communications functions, there's only so much they can do.

Pros

The client database is straightforward and easy to use. The fields are intuitive and you can adapt or add per your own needs. Screen layout when searching can be tough because of long rows but pulling up individual contacts is easy. I love that you can copy data right from the viewing screen without having to open the editable contact.

The help features are user friendly and usually address the most common problems. I like that there are videos as well as written materials on various topics.

Cons

The communication tools are sorely lacking. Email, letters, and forms are way too basic and challenging to edit. There does not seem to be a feature allowing you to change line spacing within a form or in the Automated Task Manager. In addition, I had to keep canceling the project and restarting because after one attempt to edit an ATM task, the system won't let you make additional edits. You have to start over. The emails come out looking like you emailed directly from your email provider. You are limited to one image insert, they are hard to edit, and you cannot add a form directly into the email. I have yet to send out an email from DonorSnap because it looks so pedestrian and ... boring. We are still using MailChimp for its visual features, which of course defeats the purpose. The forms are "okay" but come out looking like a child made them. Totally lackluster, but functional. I'll be honest: I am embarrassed to send out communications and put the forms on our website. If we leave DonorSnap for another product, it will because of the generic communication tools.

The query tools used in creating tasks are not intuitive. If it weren't for the help videos I would never be able to implement these.

DonorPerfect, Wild Apricot and Salsa Engage

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

Needed more management functionality and communication tools.

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

Low monthly cost and lack of donor mining tools that we didn't need.

Response from DonorSnap

Hi Cass,
Thank you for your review. We are always working on ways to improve DonorSnap and appreciate your feedback.

We understand that dedicated email tools like MailChimp have polished template builders, and for that reason we provide an integration with Constant Contact for organizations needing those services. The DonorSnap email tools are aimed at providing easy access to mass emailing and automation for all organizations. With some html experience or a third party html email template builder, you can build the same types of emails in DonorSnap. In the future we hope to add similar template builders as well.

For more specific help with your emails and forms, please contact us at [email protected] We will show you how to edit your emails, adjust line spacing, add multiple images, and insert links to your forms directly in your emails. If you need other types of customization in your forms, please let us know what you're looking for and we'll be happy to help.

Stevi L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Dedicated to DonorSnap

Reviewed on 2022/02/28

Love it, very happy with it.

Pros

There are so many things about DonorSnap to applaud. I love how we are able to keep track of every donation and I love all of the fund development analysis reports that are available. The customizable reports has been essential for me to compile all kinds of data, from volunteer hours to fundraising data and even our newsletter list.

Cons

The only issue I have sometimes is with the acknowledgement letters. I format multiple letters for this system, and for some reason sometimes getting the formatting right is a struggle because I will end up with a logo on the 2nd page or a page gets cut off. I have always been able to mess with the word document and fix it, but sometimes I don't know exactly why it is doing what it does and just have to try different things.

Kim K.

Great Support!

Reviewed on 2022/05/09

Donorsnap has worked well for our organization. The team at Donorsnap goes above and beyond to make sure we are successful!

Pros

The software is easy to use and pretty comprehensive in all its features. If we ever have a question or need help with a feature, support responds very quickly! We appreciate having access to the app, we can access contact information from anywhere.

Cons

There is nothing we do not like about Donorsnap.

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

The version of software we had was very antiquated and difficult to use. The upgraded software they offered did not have fundraising features.

Sage CRM

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

Cost, ease of use, seemed like the right size product for our business.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

DonorSnap--Ideal for Small Nonprofits

Reviewed on 2022/06/11

We have been very happy with DonorSnap. It is a great value for the price paid, the support team is amazing (and we've rarely needed help!), and the report writing function is easy to use. We are able to understand our donors' giving trends, and can plan more effectively for the future.

Pros

This software was easy to implement, and has subsequently been easy to manage. The integration to QuickBooks is seamless. The support team is amazing!

Cons

There are a few tweaks I might make to the report writer, but in all likelihood, they are probably already there and I just haven't searched the website enough to find them. I cannot think of any critical issues.

DonorPerfect and Little Green Light

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

DonorSnap was the best value, offering the most features for the best price.
Tara P.

Great database for small nonprofit!

Reviewed on 2022/05/10

DonorSnap has helped me grow from a small, volunteer-led organization with no database or 501c3 to a well-oiled, professional nonprofit that raises $700k+ annually. I could not have afforded a traditional database when we started, but I would still need switch over to Blackbaud or any other CRM. DonorSnap has grown with me, and I am grateful for them and their team!

Pros

DonorSnap gives me everything I need to fundraise, track donations and contact management effectively. I don't need a big fancy platform: just something that helps me get the job done without a lot of guesswork. DonorSnap is it. Not a lot of frills, but enough for me to prepare decent reports, customize things like contribution statements, et.c I've recommended them to several other nonprofits for their functionality, and their great customer service. Easy to access tutorials and videos for anything you need to know how to do. They are always quick to respond in person as well.

Cons

I don't like the providers they've used for things like donation buttons, etc. But again that isn't their true line of work, so not a big problem for me. I do wish they would integrate with more online donation platforms like Qgiv to save on data entry! Some of the reporting features are clunky, take some guesswork.

Carla C.

DonorSnap is so valuable to our non-profit!

Reviewed on 2022/06/16

I have been very happy with DonorSnap and their customer service is the best! They are very responsive to customer requests and questions!!

Pros

DonorSnap is such a comprehensive donor management program. I like the many features it has for donor and donation tracking, the information it provides to our organization's development, and the ability it has to provide receipting and donor communication. There are so many features and possibilities that I feel I have only touched on all it can do! I especially like the new duplicate donation feature!

Cons

I would like DonorSnap to be able to integrate with more payment programs such as STRIPE, PayPal, etc. As a non-profit, we have to keep our costs as low as possible so being able to use the payment processing program we choose is important. I would love to be able to import donations directly to DonorSnap with the payment processing company we use.

Bonnie D.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Responsive to Clients

Reviewed on 2022/05/10

My overall experience with Donor Snap has been positive.

Pros

Since I started using Donor Snap over three years ago, I have been impressed with their customer service. Hands down, it's been great! From their live webinars, to my email questions, library of resources and training videos, the Donor Snap support team has always been there to help in a timely and accurate manner.

Cons

I don't believe it has built in wealth screening tools, This would be most helpful.

Leanne K.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great usability and support

Reviewed on 2022/05/06

Pros

I like the usability and ease of this product, and how customizable it is. If I have any problems or have a thought I want to explore, I love that I am often able to find a step-by-step process through their blogs and tutorials. I'm also a part of the Donorsnap Facebook group, which has been very helpful and brainstormed solutions to any issue that I have encountered.

Cons

I'm still new to this product and am in the process of researching and navigating integration with our products, as we are currently not utilizing all the features that DonorSnap has to offer.

Cory A.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Donorsnap Review

Reviewed on 2022/02/25

Overall, I really enjoy using Donorsnap. I log into it almost every day. The main reason why I like it: customer service. By far, Donorsnap has the best customer service from any online service I've used. I am able to get into contact with a real human being very quickly and they always have been able to answer my questions very intelligently.

Pros

We like how fields can be highly customizable both with contacts and donations. Reports are very easy to retrieve. I also like the ease of batch codes and the documents/letters that I can customize and send.

Cons

We would LOVE "log ins" for our staff so they can see real time donations that only they have raised. This is not possible yet with DS. Also, event registrations don't work that well for us. We need the ability for a registrant to choose "quantity" (2 or more children going to camp for the same price, for example). Same issue if someone is purchasing 4 sweatshirts, for example. Also, we'd love use DS for ALL our contact management but it doesn't seem to work that way for us right now. We have donors, volunteers, paid staff, campers, the campers parents, board members, etc. If every paid staff, volunteer, board member could have a HIGHLY customizable log in to be able to see ONLY the information they have permissions for, would be super super wonderful. We've considered moving away from DS for this issue alone.

Katherine S.

Donor Management and so much more

Reviewed on 2022/02/25

We are still only accessing a fraction of the options with DonorSnap but the amount of time we have saved by using the system on completing donor management and business tasks is already very high. The responsive forms have also allowed us to add additional revenue streams by offering a simplified way of collecting a variety of data as well as payments.

Pros

We have a some unique events and revenue streams and DonorSnap has allowed me to customize whatever was needed to get the data we needed. Excellent customer service! They respond quickly and are always helpful in brainstorming as well when I am trying to tweak something to fit our specific needs. Many DonorSnap features have either simplified tasks I was already doing or led me to new ideas that were very helpful. The tutorials are excellent and I use those often when training new staff. Another big Pro is the ability to have separate users with different permissions if needed. The excel import function is another great feature.

Cons

Split donations and acknowledgement letters sometimes require work arounds but overall has not been a significant issue. Many settings such as screen layouts you can format and keep, would be nice if you could have a default on lines per page you could view instead of having to click to change that.

Lisa L.

Service, Features and Value!

Reviewed on 2022/02/02

Our overall experience with DonorSnap has been extremely positive. There is much to be said for choosing a smaller company- every step of the way our support has been extremely personalized. From the first discussions, through planning the transfer of information, to being trained on how to use the features to then receiving support as needed, every member of the team has been wonderful to work with. We have greatly benefited from the many features DonorSnap offers. It saves us time in many ways, and provides us with a great variety of choices with data analysis. This is true even though we have yet to explore every option. As we continue to implement more aspects, such as the emails, I am sure it will become even more valuable to us. We spent months exploring many different donor software programs, and I know we made the best choice with DonorSnap.

Pros

We appreciate the ease of creating customized reports, and also having many report templates included.
The responsive forms easily integrated into WIX and save us hours of work because we no longer have to enter the information manually when someone signs up for an event or makes a donation.
We have received very personal support at every level and there are a large number of free trainings that make it quite simple to learn new skills. The team at DonorSnap provides outstanding customer service.
The software is very intuitive to use, which makes the initial learning process much quicker. We are also appreciative of the ability to export and import Excel spreadsheets for a variety of reasons. The easy integration with Quickbooks has also been a great timesaver. DonorSnap has an extremely reasonable price for a very high quality product.

Cons

It would be very helpful for us to be able to create households, since we often have members of the same family volunteer or donate separately. It would also be nice to have a separate tab just for events. Because we do rentals, we currently split information between interactions and Notes, which can make running certain reports tied to those things challenging.

Marlene F.

DS works for our size org (~$100K campaign each year)

Reviewed on 2021/12/20

I've been in my role for 3 years and I think I've been able to really clean our supporter data using Donorsnap. I know how to not send appeals to folks who have been unresponsive for several years if I want and I can do reports of certain types of giving. There's likely even more advanced reports I could do, but I'm happy with what I have. Also I like the dashboard for quick info about how our campaign is going and how many people are return donors from last year, etc.

Pros

I use DS daily. I can easily look at and add rich data about any and all of our donors/supporters. I know how they gave (donation, sponsorship, in kind, etc), how often and I can easily update contact info and merge contacts if I find out two different supporters are in the same household. DS is very helpful for when I send out form thank you letters (our board members also write more personalized TYs) and do end of the year appeal letters and then, in January, contribution letters.

Right now I do double entry because of the Quickbooks account I inherited. But I know there is the potential to integrate the two if I want to pursue that in the future.

I really like the help features - both the library of documentation and videos, the quick response if I email questions, and the frequent offerings of short webinars about certain topics. This suits our needs very well. We haven't felt we needed to do event organizing through our donor management, so that we do that sort of thing separately.

Cons

No cons. Again, I haven't integrated this with Quickbooks yet because I'm worried about snafus that will happen along the way and I like the 2 step process as a way of double checking myself right now. But I might pursue it in the future.

Matthew F.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Donor Snap is the Aldi of CRM's--Everything you need without the facade

Reviewed on 2021/11/21

Overall awesome, I brag about it often with others in the field and I enjoy working within the software to create new forms, queries, reports, etc.

Pros

DonorSnap will allow you to do virtually anything. No extra fees or bundle packages, they just give you access to everything for considerably less money than some of the competitors we were looking at originally. They are simple and everything is fully customizable, especially the online forms that can be embedded into our website to collect contact data and payment information from our supporters. We run all of our trip payments, forms, signed waivers, and subscriptions through DonorSnap. We'll never go anywhere else, especially for $40/month, compared to $200+/month from other big software companies.

Cons

DonorSnap takes a little getting used to. It's very basic, no fun graphics or "wow" work here--just functional CRM software. The tech help is via email only, so you cannot get an immediate answer, but at the same time, this is how they keep their overhead low and pass the savings onto the clients. If you are unwilling to watch some tutorials on form set-up then this is not for you; it will take some practice and getting used to as you learn the software.

Jeffery H.

Easy, intuitive, superb tutorials and help provided

Reviewed on 2021/11/12

We have used DonorSnap for about a decade. Switching over was quick, easy, and fun. Immediately, you can plan what new fields you are going to add and edit. Improvements in the overall system are regularly made, with no extra costs. There are no fees on top of your monthly payment. It has saved tens of thousands of dollars in payroll costs, because no one has to build or maintain the overall database - it is already done for you. Of course, you have to personalize it for your organization, but it is so easy. Previous databases cost so much more, because you had to keep paying for their updates, and for each user and/or computer. And, we can't state strongly enough, how great the Support is at DonorSnap. Your questions will be answered. DonorSnap can be accessed by any device - my Mac, my iPhone, etc.

Pros

Extraordinarily easy to learn and use, even for lower skilled individuals. Provides reports appropriate to nonprofits, and easy to create and edit your own reports. Powerful search and report tools. Saves time because you are hitting the ground running, with pre-built reports and functionality, all you have to do is edit and add items to suit your own needs. Super intuitive, company is super quick to respond, if you need help.

Cons

There are no negatives to using DonorSnap.

Sister joanne L.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

DonorSnap -

Reviewed on 2021/11/11

With our previous, very complicated donor management system, we had to hire specialists to do trainings for staff, problem solve, and design queries. DonorSnap and its support services have enabled us to keep our programs functioning without delays.

Pros

Unlike our previous donor management software, DonorSnap's features are very user friendly and easy to learn. Staff support is tremendous. Support/directions are available on every task page. And when we contact support directly, we have never waited more than an hour for a response. Price is also a great plus. We saved $6,000 per year by switching to DonorSnap.

Cons

At first I was concerned that we could not have a phone call with support as we were learning the program. But I soon learned that support's methods of providing customized video instructions were even better, allowing us to replay instructions as needed and also save the videos for future reference.

DonorPerfect, Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT and Bloomerang

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

E-Tapestry was very complex for our staff. Many times we could not carry out business until we hired technical support and training. It was also quite expensive.

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

DonorSnap's easy to use features plus its economic pricing.
Catherine A.

Well worth the price tag

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

Easy and seamless because I tried to learn and conceptualized how each field in Donorsnap work first before mapping fields from the old system. Conversion and support team were very helpful and prompt in responding to issues.

Pros

Very inexpensive but can do all the basic functionalities for advancement day to day operations. Batch entry is so easy once you understand how it works. Query, reporting and exporting custom reports is very user friendly. As with all other systems, a software is only capable to it’s fullest potential if you understand how the various modules within the system work together. Training and support is crucial and their customer support is hands-on one of the best.!

Cons

The standard reports work for the most part but I wish it gives us much more flexibility. It also limits selection of fields based on active fields/codes which means that you’ll have to basically leave all codes - old and new - for the report to work accurately. This means for example that if you inactivate a Campaign code from 2 or 3 years ago, you are not able to run revenue from those codes unless you reactivate them. This is a nightmare for admins from a table code management point. The design of the standard reports need to be improved as well to look presentable especially when executives ask for last minute reporting and you know how often that happens.

DonorPerfect

Financial decision

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

Pricing. This is a very small organization and Donorsnap provided everything they need for a very, very reasonable price.

Response from DonorSnap

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for your review and feedback regarding the standard reports. We're currently working on improving these canned reports to offer additional functionality. If you have more specific reporting needs in addition to including inactivated campaign codes, please let our support team know so that we can work towards making that happen.

Thank you again for your review!

Teresa C.
  • Industry: Information Services

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

We are able to keep everything, donors, contacts, donations, correspondence organized, and create reports when needed. Tech support is knowledgeable and always there when needed. Being able to adjust and manipulate the layout and add or take away what works for the organization is wonderful, it's like building your own personal database, and you can't beat the price.

Pros

Excellent for keeping track of donations, contact information, and correspondence with donors. It is user-friendly for the most part, but easy access to the instructional videos really helps when needed.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to contact support by phone, but all in all the support with DonorSnap is very helpful and responds to inquiries very quickly via email. I would really love it if the database was able to integrate with PayPal so I wouldn't have to enter each donation individually, or worry that another user might miss a donation entry or detail. Reports could be a little more user-friendly to create.

Response from DonorSnap

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying DonorSnap and finding it user friendly. While we don't integrate with PayPal, users who collect online donations with PalPal can easily upload these into DonorSnap using our excel import tool. Here you can find out how to use this feature:
I also wanted to let you know that we do accept online donations through goEmerchant and our responsive forms. Switching over is easy and we recently did a webinar comparing the two systems. Please feel free to watch it if you are interested in switching over:
Thank you again for your review and being a customer, we appreciate you!

Patti S.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

How DonorSnap is helping us organize our contacts and supporting our fundraising program

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

Before DonorSnap, our contacts were not well organized and our financial reporting was manual. It is such a relief to be able to run reports and know that our donations are accurately recorded. It has already helped our fundraising efforts and I fully expect that will improve over time. We also switched our online donations from Paypal to goEmerchant without too much difficulty. I was even able to send our first mass email which was pretty impressive both for me and St. Vincent's! I have to say this was a huge learning curve for me but it has all worked out so well.

Pros

DonorSnap is very user friendly even for people who are not familiar with donor management systems. The support they provide is excellent, from one on one advice to the online training sessions. There is an answer for every challenge. The cost is excellent for the service. The software developers seem to have thought through all possible scenarios and provided a program to help small to medium organizations manage their contacts. I love being able to print acknowledgement letters from the program as soon as the donation is entered into the system and, for the first time ever, we can send year end contribution reports to all our donors.

Cons

While there are many reports available to use, the customized reports through DataMiner Platinum can be a little confusing. For me this is more a question of understanding how to write a query and get it right. As I am a relatively new user, I am still exploring what the program offers so there are far more things to like than not.

Karen J.
  • Industry: Libraries

Happy Client

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

I would describe my overall experience with DonorSnap as very positive. We are able to do many gift processing functions (recording donations, sending thank you letters) quickly and easily. I am building more complete donor profiles with the tools. We are now able to run reports and set up mailing and prospect lists consistently. The e-commerce feature and the responsive forms allow us to set up online ticket purchasing, registrations, and donations. This has been a critical tool for us.

Pros

We are a small nonprofit in a rural community in Oregon. DonorSnap is our first donor database system after years of Excel spreadsheets. I am so happy with how I can use it to record donor history, build contact profiles, run reports, pull lists and keep track of solicitations, conduct mass email campaigns, build responsive forms for online giving, and add notes. I don't feel we have utilized all the possible features yet. I love learning how to customize the fields and then to populate it with information. The training program and help videos are awesome. The response to my questions on email are fast and helpful. The support is a key aspect of why I feel we are using DonorSnap successfully. I now have a wish list of things I want to do with DonorSnap that I have yet to set up. It is a robust donor management tool and easy to use.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about DonorSnap. There are some 'canned' reports that make it easy to use DonorSnap but I like to make custom reports too. I still need help with the report writing feature in the DataMiner Platinum since I am still learning. I'd like to master it better but know the team is there to help me get it right. Also, when we use the responsive forms sometimes DonorSnap doesn't recognize the patron as already having a record in the system and duplicates have occurred. I'm learning how to match and set up the forms to allow for smoother integration when we post the online gift or purchase. There is a tool to merge duplicate records so we have found that helpful. This is not a software problem but more of a user inexperience problem.

Neon CRM and Blackbaud eTapestry

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

Since we were just starting out with web-based donor management software, DonorSnap gave us a robust set of tools, excellent support team for training and migration, and competitive price point based on size of database. We are 100% satisfied with DonorSnap.
Suzi C.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Complex Needs Met

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Spreadsheets are gone! Before utilizing DonorSnap we had many places things were kept. We had numerous methods for tracking the same data and it was difficult to get thank you letters to donors and fundraising addresses updated and tracked. We needed what DonorSnap has to offer. We are still learning of new ways to utilize the tools it has and with its collaborative relationships for a credit card processor (goEmerchant), with Constant Contact, and Intuit, then the ability to create forms to integrate with your website. We are now re-developing our website and working to fully utilize the abilities of DS in our non-profit.

Pros

I love that I have the ability to customize the screens and that I can build forms to meet our needs.

Cons

The needs of a non-profit with donations and memberships are complex and had been managed poorly before this software was in use. The learning curve is long and complex and it is because the functions are complex as is needed with the type of needs we have.

Salesforce Service Cloud and DonorDrive

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

A solution was needed for the data and lack of consistent tracking we had before.

Microsoft Excel
Amber C.

Best Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

I love DonorSnap - from the functionality, to the simple/customizable dashboard appearance, to the top notch support team and weekly trainings!

Pros

The software is self explanatory and easy to navigate day to day function. They customer service blows any other company out of the water! They are quick, responsive, and reliable. Having an issue? The team will make you a custom step by step video in your individual database. I thought I would need phone support but their team is SO quick and thorough via email that I feel more supported by email than I ever did with a previous database company by phone. Free weekly training are the icing on the cake for a great database system.

Cons

The process to access reports/certain information can be very time consuming until you are 100% comfortable with it. There are a LOT of steps to run a simple report. DonorSnap is a bit ore DIY than I am comfortable with, ex. building my own forms. DataMinorPlatinum still scares me after 8 months of playing with it.

Neon CRM and DonorPerfect

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

They had AWFUL customer service. Response time to have a simple question answered was 5-7 business days. Everyone on their team was rude and couldn't care less about their customers.

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

The cost of DonorSnap could not be beat by any other company. The sales team was kind from day one and sold me on the great product immediately.
David R.

This is an excellent database platform. Not flashy, but very sufficient for our needs.

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Pros

This database does everything we need it to and more. We're a smaller non-profit with 1500 donors. The database makes searching for information and pulling reports simple while providing all the details we need. The BEST part of DonorSnap is their incredible customer support team. They've never taken more than a few minutes to respond to email questions with clear and concise answers. They answer in a way that not only gives you what you need, but teaches you how to find it next time. This team is really on top of their game. Our organization also just launched the new partnership DonorSnap has with goEmerchant for our online giving and feedback from our donors has been very positive. Nice to have it all in one system.

Cons

This software is not flashy or polished. Then again it doesn't have a premium price tag. Once you learn the software though you'll find it has everything most people need to successfully manage an organizations donors/volunteers/etc. I think there are a few functions that would be great to add, but honestly, when I've asked the support team - 2/3 of the time they are already working on that next new feature! For example - one area that is lacking is regional donor search features. We have donors all across the country and when I go visit a certain area it would be great to search for all donors within 50 miles of a certain zip code for example.

Response from DonorSnap

David,

Thank you so much for the feedback. Regarding the proximity report... we actually have this ready to go on our testing site. It will go live in the next batch of updates. You'll see that option in DataMiner Platinum by adding the zip code field to the query builder. Let us know how it meets your needs!

Jeanne D.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

This database does everything you need for a low price

Reviewed on 2017/04/28

We were able to centralize all of our school's donation records. We can quickly and easily generate reports of all types - no limits on customizable reports. I can allow donors and alumni to update their own contact info. I can easily mass enter gifts and do mass uploads as well. It is a great system.

Pros

I have worked with bigger and much more expensive databases at past jobs, and I always ran into problems that were unsolvable within the system - reports I needed that it couldn't generate, no ability to mass upload things, or something along those lines. Donorsnap has thought of EVERYTHING. And for such a minimal monthly price. I was recently at a fundraising professionals meeting, and someone in the forum asked what databases everyone used. A few people sheepishly said what they used, but both added "although I wouldn't recommend it. It's a pain." I was the only person in the room who proudly said "Well, I am using Donorsnap, which is really affordable and can do everything I need. I would highly recommend it to anyone." And a bunch of people jotted it down. Its hard to be happy with your donor database, but for the first time, I am. Their customer service is also great, and responds quickly to any questions. They have tons of video tutorials for every page, so you can learn how to do things when you need to handle a new process you haven't done before.

Cons

Like all software, there is a learning curve. You have to figure out how to do the things you want to do - reports, imports, eforms, etc. One time, I had to import hundreds of gifts made on another platform, and get them to match up to the right donor records already in our database. It was quite the conversation with customer service as I learned how to do this, and it wasn't something I hope to have to do often. But it was possible to do it, without manually entering each gift! Which I can't say would be true for all databases. They have built in a ton of flexibility to this database.