3CX

3CX communications system. Web & mobile apps (Android, iOS)

Mario
Mario
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Your phone - everywhere

Reviewed on 2023/09/21

Pros

Working from anywhere or from any device, seamlessly integrated with our Microsoft 365 system.

Cons

Occasional issue after upgrade (missed note under release for some feature change).

Microsoft Teams

Response from 3CX

Hi Mario, thank you for your positive review on 3CX! We are glad to hear that 3CX has helped you easily manage your work-related needs. Our primary focus is to provide seamless features for your convenience!

For any issues you may face, you can reach out to our Customer Service team for assistance via the Live Chat bubble found on www.3cx.com or by email: [email protected]

ALEXANDER

Serves small businesses very well for free.

Reviewed on 2020/01/18

In my opinion, it is a very good tool and hardly ever had problems, because the tool is very stable and with a very good usability, serving very well small businesses.

Pros

• It is free.
• Assists in the company's internal communication.
• It is always updated with improvements.
• Ease of receiving and transferring calls.
• Ease of configuration and installation by the end user.

Cons

• We used the trial version quietly for 1 year, but due to technical problems due to a codec, it caused a major internal problem where we stayed 3 days without a phone. For this reason the support of the company that provides the service asked us to change the application.

Response from 3CX

We are sorry to hear that you had codec issues. Can you explain which codec was used and what issues it created?
Codecs work using the SIP Offer - Answer model - a standard in SIP used for the update of session dialogs. This means that when a codec is offered by one endpoint (phone), and the receiving endpoint answers "no available codec" then a codec exchange occurs where both endpoints try to find one common codec (language) to use for their media. Like this every call is serviced and has more chances to get 2 way audio. It is important to tell us which codec you tried to use. Because firstly, we might have an issue to investigate or we might also give you an alternative codec you can use. We support all major codecs so I am surprised how the company that serves you recommended that you change the whole app.

Nonetheless, thank you for your feedback. I will forward this to the development team.

Martin
  • Industry: Machinery

Unexpected we only came this far with telephone center software

Reviewed on 2022/09/22

Coming from a a conventional VOIP system, it surprises me the software VOIP versions looks so 2010 in functionality and quality.

Pros

Recording feature, easily copy-paste phone number or directly call them when phone number is marked.

Cons

Sound quality of the calls is horrible, lots of restarts needed to keep functionility up, calls are randomly abandoned/cut off, sometimes it does not let you pick the phone or transfer calls and a restart is needed (currently multiple times a day). Part of the problems could be related to our network, but surely not all. Also the fact is does not change status when you log out from windows or start up like in MS Teams is a missed opportunity. Also it does not detect of one is busy with an MS Teams or Zoom call, so regularly you can get double calls if you forget to adjust your status (also accounts they other way I have to admit).

Response from 3CX

Hi Martin,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with 3CX was not the best. Audio quality issues however can be caused by many factors, most of which are not directly related to the software itself. To name some, depending on how you used our system, this could have been caused by insufficient bandwidth or bad WiFi reception, faulty or low-quality headset/handset, insufficient server hardware where 3CX was installed, and more.

We would like to suggest you give the system another spin around the block and if you run into similar issues, come in contact with us via our forums or our Support Department to investigate the cause of your issue properly and help you come up with a solution.

natia

Simplifies comminications.

Reviewed on 2023/12/18

Overall 3CX is very useful software that is irreplaceable for me.

Overall 3CX is very useful software that is irreplaceable for me.

Pros

I use 3CX daily because i have to contact colleagues during working process. 3CX is my right hand that saves my time a lot. It is really easy to use. Configuration is easy as well.

Cons

Sometimes during transferring a call it freezes and i have to reload it.

Response from 3CX

Hey Natia! Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear that 3CX is a vital tool in your daily work, saving you time and proving easy to use and configure.

About the freezing during call transfers, this might be due to several factors. We recommend reaching out to 3CX system administrator in your company to investigate this issue.

It's great to know that overall, you find 3CX very useful and irreplaceable! :)

Tialee
  • Industry: Accounting

Reviewed on 2022/08/11

Pros

The software is easily maneuvered, the calls are made once dialled out and the software gets updated frequently. The calls are recorded and recording produce in approximately and hour after completed. You can easily tap in and monitor a call that an agent is on as well as it provides a chat feature.

Cons

What i liked least about this feature is that there was an issue when you log break there is no way of monitoring how long you were logged for. Unless it's done by the master controller 3cx.

Response from 3CX

Hi Tialee. Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are super glad to hear 3CX provided you with the flexibility and cost-efficiency to help your business.

Sam
  • Industry: Computer Networking

3CX Phone software review

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

I definitely enjoy working and managing 3CX. It makes managing and monitoring my calls in a busy modern workplace a breeze!

Pros

I really like their phone console. It allows everyone to easily manage and monitor their calls throughout the busy work day. That is the best part of their tool.

Cons

The way that phones interface with the management software can sometimes be flaky. Especially when it comes to the timecode functions.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Reasons for Switching to 3CX

3CX came in at a better price point than the current Cisco solutions.

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into improving timecode functions

Gideon
Gideon
  • Industry: Banking

3CX Review

Reviewed on 2023/06/01

Pros

Scalability and flexibility: 3CX is designed to scale alongside businesses as they grow. It supports a wide range of hardware and software endpoints, allowing organizations to choose the devices and platforms that best suit their needs. Additionally, 3CX can accommodate remote workers and distributed teams, enabling seamless communication regardless of location.

Cons

Support limitations: While 3CX offers customer support options, some users have reported challenges with response times or difficulty in reaching the appropriate support channels. The quality and availability of support may vary depending on the specific support plan or subscription level chosen.

Response from 3CX

Hello Gideon and thank you so much for your thorough and positive feedback! Indeed, 3CX is fully scalable as a business grows and is the perfect solution for connecting teams and customers and remote workers.
In terms of support, there's always the option to reach out to our Customer Service team for assistance via the Live Chat bubble found on www.3cx.com or by email at [email protected].
Our friendly customer service team will be happy to assist!
Alternatively, if you set up 3CX via a Partner, they will be able to support you.

Sierra
  • Industry: Design

24.7.12.365 Globalised Virtual Connectivity

Reviewed on 2023/09/24

3Cx has brought high productivity through real-time communication from all global corners.

Pros

Safe environment for internal and external communications and sharing. Integrations with calendar applications for effective conflict-free scheduling.

Cons

This is perfect tool for all communication requirements,no dislike at all.

Response from 3CX

Hi Sierra! That's wonderful to hear! 3CX truly thrives in providing a safe environment for communication and seamless calendar integration, resulting in increased productivity worldwide. Thank you for your positive feedback!

Jean Philippe

The industry leader, and it shows

Reviewed on 2023/08/25

I would not choose any other provider. They are the best and the petty things that are harder to get by are still petty issues. I would recommend all the way!

Pros

3CX is the best solution for our needs because it is supported on many platforms, allowing quick changes in a fast-paced environment with critical situations.

Cons

I have to say, for a service that is so good in all areas, I am a little dissapointed in voicemail management. But hey, there's always place for improvement!

Response from 3CX

Hi Jean! Thank you very much for your positive feedback on 3CX! We are glad to hear that 3CX meets your needs and requirements.

We are continually working to make improvements so that our customers are satisfied.

For the issues you are having with voicemail management, you can reach out to our Customer Service team for assistance via the Live Chat bubble found on www.3cx.com or by email: [email protected]

Lana
  • Industry: Accounting

My opinion

Reviewed on 2024/01/26

It helps make my work day easier. It provides excellent connectivity and support if any issue arises

Pros

3CX is very easy to use. Installation and maintenance is simple.

Cons

3CX often needs to restart. Also, as it is a call through Internet it will need a good internet service.

Response from 3CX

Hello Lana! We're glad to hear you find 3CX easy to use, with simple installation and maintenance. It's great to know that 3CX helps make your workday easier and provides reliable connectivity and support. Thanks for using 3CX! :)

Andreas
Andreas

3CX - The most complete IPPBX on the market today

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

It just works all the time. Windows or Linux (Debian) both versions whether in the cloud or on hardware are solid, solid, solid.

Pros

When an IPPBX is able to run off of an Intel NUC and provide full call center functionality, CRM integration, soft client via WebRTC mobile client with ZTP integration with the leading IP phones and be set up literally in 10 minutes ... not sure how you can beat this !

Cons

It has more to deal with their partner levels and it constantly changing along with the support they provide to resellers when quotas are not hit that has become a concern. Communication for license renewal has gone directly to end users instead of the reseller of record that has soured the community.

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your positive feedback. This is greatly appreciated.

Keth
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

A lot of bang for the buck, easy to setup, easy to admin.

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

The ability to easily setup phones and manage the PBX, things like doing a scheduled backups, can easily restore a backup if needed, ability to manage calls, extensions, users, etc. Setting up routing, hunt groups, setting up extension groups, setting up open/closed schedules, voicemail, conferencing, web conferencing, and the list goes on. The product is quite intuitive as well.

Pros

I'm new to the world of telecommunication, UM, PBX's, networking, etc., yet with this product I have been able to figure out how to setup/configure the 3CX PBX. They have put a lot of thought into the functionality and features which means we can now manage the PBX and any changes needed as to having to call the support vendor so they can remote in and do the changes. I also like how they have a lot of online training videos and documentation to help lay the foundation regarding what it will take to setup and install a 3CX PBX. 3CX also includes a lot "stuff" for free that many other vendors charge for, for example our past vendor changed for IP licenses, and softphone licenses, and port licenses... nickel and dimed until broke. Yet 3CX doesn't do this, product includes web phone manager interface if you wish to use it, includes a softphone, includes faxing, includes webconferencing, includes voicemail which used to require a totally separate server from your PBX because the big name vendors want you to spend more.

Cons

So far not too many cons, still new to it and doing testing so there could be some limitations that are discovered later on. I'm guessing one limitation might be interfacing w/an existing call-routing tool we have at one of our building locations. A really small con, some of the free training videos could be improved, audio quality, but otherwise nothing currently stands out.

Sam

3CX Phone for Windows - EndUser review

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

This system is pretty reliable from my end user perspective. The voice mails come to my inbox quickly which is nice. I would recommend this to anyone with a business of the size where I work, we have around 80 employees.

Pros

3CX is easy to operate for me as I am an end user. I receive calls that are transferred to me and I rarely get any complaints that the call didn't make it to me or was dropped in the process. It is also easy to transfer calls to other people or call out by just typing the first couple of letters in the person's name. I can choose their extension or their cell phone if they are listed in our directory.

Cons

I have to restart the software from time to time because it will stop working. I also have some issues with the log of incoming and outgoing calls. I would like to be able to call someone right back if they just called and I don't have their phone number. Some calls are remembered and some are not, it seems random. I can see the number as it comes in but if I need to call that person back sometimes their number doesn't remain in the log, I do not know why.

Jeffrey
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

3cx

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

Great, ease of use, cost savings and mobility is the ticket in the modern world

Great, ease of use, cost savings and mobility is the ticket in the modern world

Pros

Works awesome for busy people of of the office who can't be tied to a phone. The app is the most intuitive I have seen, i have been doing phone work for years and whish it was around a long time ago

Cons

The new app is missing some features of the old app that was handy like exit&ignore push. I figured a workaround but it also changed the status on your desk phone

MiVoice Business Solution

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your positive feedback. Regarding the exit without push, you can either long press on the account and click "deactivate" or you can check this link https://www.3cx.com/docs/android-app-faq/#h.lcteeu5yq5kd which allows you to perform a one-time configuration that configures 1 status with push enabled and another "Available" Status but this time with push disabled. So when you want to perform the "Exit without push" in the new app, you simply toggle to the profile status that has push disabled.

Jessica
Jessica
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great for call center management

Reviewed on 2023/08/30

Overall this is a great software program for any company that gets a high volume of calls

Pros

I like that you can set your status , and that it shows if you are on the phone, if you have a voicemail, etc.

Cons

I will say this system was a lot harder for the older generation employees to train on. For other people it was intuitive.

Response from 3CX

Hi Jessica! Thank you for your positive feedback on 3CX! We are glad to hear that 3CX has helped you effectively manage your call center.

Regarding training, 3CX offers a Certification Program that equips you with all the tools and knowledge necessary for deploying and managing a 3CX Communications System.

Also, there's always the option to reach out to our Customer Service team for assistance via the Live Chat bubble found on www.3cx.com or by email at [email protected].

Vikram
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Improve communication and collaboration with 3CX

Reviewed on 2023/03/02

Overall, I would highly recommend 3CX to businesses of all sizes looking for a powerful and feature-rich business phone system.

Pros

The 3CX software offers a range of advanced features such as call recording, video conferencing, and CRM integration, making it a comprehensive solution for businesses of all sizes.

Cons

3CX may be too complex for smaller businesses or those with limited IT resources and some users may find the initial setup and configuration process to be challenging.

Response from 3CX

Thank you so much for your review of 3CX! We're delighted to hear that you found our system to be a comprehensive solution for businesses of all sizes, with advanced features like call recording, video conferencing, and CRM integration.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the initial setup and configuration process. Our team is constantly looking for ways to improve and make the process easier for our customers, particularly for those with limited IT resources. That's why we were excited to introduce you to 3CX StartUP earlier last year, a simpler version of our product that's perfect for smaller businesses! It offers all the basic features you need, with a setup process that is as easy as it can get!

We're glad that you would highly recommend 3CX to other businesses, and we're proud to have you as a satisfied customer. Thank you for choosing 3CX!

Panagiotis
Panagiotis

PBX For the masses

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Communications for small inbound call centres, bussiness communications, remote workers extensions.

Pros

Easy of use.
Easy to administer.
Easy to setup.
Great documantation.
Phenomenal integration with the client both on CTI and softphone modes.
Out of the box adequate integrations with popoular3rd party software.

Cons

Lack of features.
A lot of unnesesary changes from version to version.
License model is unstable changes almost every other month.
Tool for creating complex senarios apart that it doesnt follow the PBX updates is a joke.
Lack of outbound fax solution

Response from 3CX

Your feedback is very important for us to improve on in future builds.

Michael

3CX Phone System - Kinetix, Platinum 3CX Partner

Reviewed on 2016/05/06

Pros

Feature/Functionality matches up to any competitive solution.The fact that you have "Standard" or "Professional" as your purchasing options makes the decision simple. And, when you choose one or the other, there are no other "Ala Carte" options. You get what you get. No "extras" that end up being tacked on at the end of the sales cycle. The 3CX Phone System system simply works. The "hybrid" capabilities between Analog, SIP and PRI/MPLS are a great way to introduce either redundancy, least cost call routing and to provide for future changes/expansion/growth.

Buy what you need for the next few years. You do not want to limit yourself to what you need today, then need to upgrade the license count within a year or two. The upgrade path would suggest purchasing the upgrade up front will cost much less. For example, a 16SC License can be purchased today, and to upgrade later to a 32SC License will cost the initial purchase of the 16SC License, AND 80% of the 32SC License.

Cons

Would be great to see the ability to break office hours down beyond single days. For example, we have clients that have standing meetings on Monday from 11:00a to 12:00p.

Jason

3CX, the affordable PBX that gives you big business options for less.

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

I've been using and acting as an admin for several 3CX systems over the last 4 years. The cost savings are great, and their support is top notch. The system works, and their evolution of the product is great.

Pros

3CX gives you a robust platform for phone service for a fraction of other traditional PBX systems. They also give you options for hosting, or to host your own instance of the software. The feature set for 3CX is the same if not better than you will find with other PBX systems. They are always updating their feature set, and have an active community of users who offer suggestions for features that they make happen.

Cons

The licensing model has changed recently and can be tricky to figure out, but once you do it's easy to know what to do.

Taylor
  • Industry: Human Resources

3cx review

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Overall it has been a nice upgrade from the shoretel system. I experience issues with the app quite often, but the desktop/computer application and desk phones work great.

Pros

With the ability to add the app to my cell phone, the program running on my computer and having a desk phone linked, it is super easy to receive and make phone calls.

Cons

I wish that the software had a texting feature. There is a messenger feature that can be used between users, but text messages can't be sent which would be a huge plus for users that don't have company provided cell phones and don't want to give out their personal phone numbers.

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your feedback. We are actively working on adding a texting feature. Will be available soon.

Tim

A fully featured phone system that does not break the bank and just works.

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

We found 3CX when helping a car dealership client find a new phone system. We like it so much we became 3CX partners and have reached Platinum Partner status with 3CX. Our customers love it, and so do we.

Pros

Ease of implementation, feature set, platform support and reasonable cost. You can use this phone system for almost any situation, whether on-premise with local dial tone, a private co-location datacenter or most major cloud providers. 3CX works aggressively to keep the software up to date and continually rolls out new features, such as their Web Client. Yes - you can even use your Chromebook as your telephone.

Cons

Occasional changes to the FREE version - but hey, it's free.

Jimmi
Jimmi
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Great software that allows for above average PBX solutions that make communication efficient.

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Cost efficiency on international and local calls

Cost efficiency on international and local calls

Pros

Its communication medium (the internet) makes it easy for people to communicate despite geographical obstacles and the best thing is it doesn't charge for call roaming costs all you need is access to the internet and the software.
The features such as conferencing, webinars, call centers , chat and voice mail allows for individuals or companies to operate seamlessly despite different geographical locations.
Support from the manufacturer is simply outstanding as there knowledge base and support team go the extra mile to help you.

Cons

To get the licensed vendor partnership take a while but its worth it in the end.
The limitations to making multiple outbound calls through one gateway makes becomes frustrating when 2 or more people try it at the same time.

Kevin

Telephone System Game Changer

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Fantastic product, we left Mitel for 3CX and have never looked back.
Highly recommend it and would...

Fantastic product, we left Mitel for 3CX and have never looked back.
Highly recommend it and would dare anyone to copy us.

Pros

Depending on the options available and including engineer costs we found 3CX to be 60-70% cheaper than the likes of Mitel, Avaya, Alcatel and the like.

It does everything that they can do and has open connectivity with open\transparent licensing , so the more you use or the larger your business the more you will save.

Cons

3CX can be installed by anyone and some seem to think it is as easy as click, click click, the only bad thing is that you need to ensure that your partner is experienced and has completed large 3CX projects successfully.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

All in one place!

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

All in all a great program to utilize features that phones have. Other switchboards in the past that I have used had very little functionality and not the useful features that 3CX has.

Pros

-Everything about your phone communication is in one place. You can do web meetings, check your voicemail, see who all is on the phone or away at lunch. You can organize your day with your coworkers.
-It's on apps that you can put on your phone if you can be at your desk or if you can't take 20 minutes trying to figure out how to forward your calls to your cell on the phone itself.

Cons

-You have to know what clicking on certain things mean. In other words, don't accidentally click on a coworker's box if you do not mean to call them. I have been there a few times.

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad 3CX is proving to be useful for your business

joanne
  • Industry: Automotive

3cx review

Reviewed on 2023/07/10

Pros

ability to see who is on phone and to who easily and quickly.

Cons

Issues with re-routing a call if 1st option doesn't answer.

Response from 3CX

Hi Joanne, thanks for the review! Regarding the call routing issue you've mentioned, we will need some further details to be able to help, but in any case, our Forum would be a useful resource to check whether anyone has had a similar issue that has been resolved.