Showing 243 reviews of 228

3CX

3CX communications system. Web & mobile apps (Android, iOS)

Showing 243 reviews of 228
Ryan G.

The best VoIP phone system for small businesses

Reviewed on 2019/11/29

We had a customer that had 3 different companies within the walls of the building. We were able to configure each company separately so that their rules, hours, and each had different SIP providers that needed to be configured up properly. Each had their own digital assistant and the system setup took only a few hours to complete with all the complexity that was involved. Technical support was outstanding in assisting with the troubleshooting and setup.

Pros

The 8 concurrent call Standard License is free to all companies. This makes it a perfect solution for churches, small businesses, and as the small businesses grow into medium sized businesses, the annual cost for the license with higher concurrent calls is nominal. When companies switch from the POTS lines, they need to figure out a good solution for VoIP. 3cx is lower cost than RingCentral and 8x8 as well as many other competing VoIP softwares.

Cons

Putting in supported APAP adapters is great, but when a customer has a non supported adapter, it usually works, but doesn't play nicely with the software as far as configuring it easily.

Response from 3CX

Sincere thanks for your feedback.

Matthew D.

3CX - The Softphone that works

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

The day to day operation is more streamlined and at a management level, it helps keep track of those taking calls on out various teams. It also allows us to be away from our offices but take the mobile app with us and get our VM's via email... all positives and allows us to be more attentive.

Pros

3CX has made it easier to maintain our calling network and allows us to bring its features outside of the office which aids in our day to day. The phone dial pad it self is very user friendly and the software it self has a very ease of use feel to it.

As a manager it is nice to view, listen and transfer my teams calls on the fly - the logging system also allows me to keep track of activity within my teams.

Cons

Not a ton of cons to be honest, there are some issues of delays from when you ask for a function (click delay) like looking up a contact from the address book and clicking to call the contact, sometimes there is a bit of a delay.
The product could use a bit of a refresh look, but overall the ease of use and user friendly Softphone does hit it's marks.

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that 3CX is proving to be a useful tool in your organisation.

Andreas L.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

3CX - The most complete IPPBX on the market today

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

It just works all the time. Windows or Linux (Debian) both versions whether in the cloud or on hardware are solid, solid, solid.

Pros

When an IPPBX is able to run off of an Intel NUC and provide full call center functionality, CRM integration, soft client via WebRTC mobile client with ZTP integration with the leading IP phones and be set up literally in 10 minutes ... not sure how you can beat this !

Cons

It has more to deal with their partner levels and it constantly changing along with the support they provide to resellers when quotas are not hit that has become a concern. Communication for license renewal has gone directly to end users instead of the reseller of record that has soured the community.

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your positive feedback. This is greatly appreciated.

Kelsea M.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Truly makes working remotely a possibility

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

3CX has been a game changer for how I manager my time and work schedule. I can quite literally be anywhere in the world and not miss a thing. I like how there is the option to put the function on "Do Not Disturb" as well, for times you want to disconnect.

Pros

For years I have had a flexible schedule which meant I was not always physically in the office. My concern was always that I was missing calls at my desk, or that the front desk personnel would have to forward the call to my cell phone. The 3CX software seamlessly patches my calls through AND shows the extension name and number the call is coming from.

Cons

When I downloaded the software onto my iPhone, it also downloaded all of my personal contacts, which makes it harder to search easily for my colleagues and increases the likelihood of mis-calling the wrong person. I use 3CX only for work, so I do not like having my personal contacts mixed in.

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your positive review. The new IOS version which we are working on, works as you described. The contacts section will only show contacts from 3CX (Work). Your personal contacts will not be mixed. This is how it is designed.

In Android you have a filter - Show ALL, 3CX, Android. If you do not want Personal contacts, deny the permission and check the setting "Do not ask again".

Matt C.

3CX - Best Phone System on the Market

Reviewed on 2016/03/10

Pros

3CX offers so make features that it can help any business run smoother and be more productive. The collaboration features are amazing. 3CX allows you to use SIP trunks, which can save a company large amounts on phone service spending per year, but if you are still unsure of going with VoIP, then 3CX will work with many name brand gateways to allow you to use analog phone lines. 3CX licensing cost is very simple to understand and you can upgrade your system at any time, with easy. 3CX cost of ownership is very low compared to other phone systems on the market, but they provide so much more.

Cons

3CX is very simple to maintain after install, but if you have problems or want to setup remote extensions, you will most likely need some network, VoIP and previous phone system experience. Overall, there really aren’t any downsides to 3CX. It’s very dependable and feature rich.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

All in one place!

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

All in all a great program to utilize features that phones have. Other switchboards in the past that I have used had very little functionality and not the useful features that 3CX has.

Pros

-Everything about your phone communication is in one place. You can do web meetings, check your voicemail, see who all is on the phone or away at lunch. You can organize your day with your coworkers.
-It's on apps that you can put on your phone if you can be at your desk or if you can't take 20 minutes trying to figure out how to forward your calls to your cell on the phone itself.

Cons

-You have to know what clicking on certain things mean. In other words, don't accidentally click on a coworker's box if you do not mean to call them. I have been there a few times.

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad 3CX is proving to be useful for your business

Kelsey B.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Has all the bells and whistles

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Overall, the experience was positive. I was able to utilize the software for the intended purpose and it was beneficial to us the entire time we used it. We weren’t nickel and dimed by 3CX for premium features like a lot of the other mainstream services. And the customization potential was also a great thing.

Pros

The thing I liked most about 3CX was the enormous potential it affords anyone who is seeking to setup a virtual phone system. There were no corners but in developing a feature rich service that is very affordable in price. Again, as stated in many of my reviews, I’m a fan of intense customization by the end user of any service. 3CX gave me the flexibility to customize nearly every aspect of the system to the degree that I chose.

Cons

The thing that I liked least about the software was the difficulty in setting up the on-premises version of the software. Even being an IT professional, it was still very difficult to understand the instructions as they were written.

Nathan B.

Wonderful SMB Software PBX

Reviewed on 2016/03/10

Pros

As an IT industry professional and 3CX Partner, I have implemented numerous 3CX systems including offering it as a hosted solution to my clients. 3CX has been a great vendor to work with and their software is standards-based. The team has done a fantastic job at building a PBX that is easy to use, very well featured and fairly bulletproof. Even being Windows-based, all of my installs are rock solid. But what really sets 3CX apart from the rest of the pack are the mobile tools. Included in the system is a provisionable mobile application for Android and iPhone which extend the range of the traditional PBX outside the traditional physical boundaries of the office.

Cons

Major software updates have a habit of reorganizing the control panel.

Simplifying our communications

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

3cx has given us a great communications platform, not only with telephonic solutions, but with our video and fax needs. Reception and IVR handling has been extremely easy. 3CX has become an invaluable product for our company to sell, host and maintain for out clients and boosted our value added service offerings.

Pros

Very simple deployment, maintenance and configuration with a robust environment

Cons

Feature vs price point can get expensive very quickly.

Ignacio V.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

your land phone, everywhere!

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

I really satisfied with 3CX, also I love the support and how deployed updates. Zero downtime. Very recommended.

Pros

I'm heavy user of 3CX. It's a great solution for collaboration. I use a lot the softphone in Mac and Android and I can pick up phones call to my land number at any country. Works very well. No need big resources and very easy to deploy and configure.

Cons

Sometime a lost a calls in android softphone, but, it's rarely to happen to be honest.

Sirma A.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great at what it does .

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

Pros

3CX has a great free version that helps you make decisions about your future use of the software .Easy to set up and I also like that it's great for automating phone connections ,whilst also being available for fax use ,while reducing costs all around .

Cons

3CX is beginning to look a bit outdated .You also need to invest time in learning the program or to have a designated 3CX admin ,in order to get the maximum from it .

Patrick G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

First Time VOIP Made Easy With 3CX!!

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

I just recommended this to a friend of mine who recently opened a small business and wanted a a nice VOIP software ...

Pros

Cross platform software made easy! I really enjoy the extra line that gets added to your smart phone! Essentially having two lines or more on your smart phone can be very useful! Making and setting up the IVR is simple compared to some of the other big name VOIP companies! And best of all their customer support is touch notch! Very Friendly

Cons

The only downside to the software that I didnt like was once they added the QR Scan for mobile devices.

Tom P.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great free PBX!

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

OVerall, it's a great product. Never had any issues.

Pros

What isn't there to like about 3CX? A free license gives you a lot of features. The console is easy to navigate, and call quality is great.

Cons

Can be a little tricky to get set up, best to get friendly with the networking team to troubleshoot any issues

Response from 3CX

Thank you Tom for your feedback. We are thrilled that 3CX is working well for you

Doriann M.

Everything you need in a virtual phone in a simple and easy interface

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

I was a user of this application in a call center and my experience was very good, although sometimes I had to hang up was not very frequent, on the contrary the option of auto-answer is excellent to not lose incoming calls. The outgoing calls are very good and with great quality.

Pros

Its configuration is very simple, just a couple clicks and the information of your telephone server so that in a few minutes you are enjoying incoming calls, outgoing and sms. It also works perfectly for contact center.

Cons

The only disadvantage I have found is that sometimes the application crash and it is necessary to restart it. Also in the design of the interface the option to keep waiting is very close to that hangs up the call and it is very easy to make an error.

Gichinga M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

such a good deal

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

it has allowed our clients to know when and if we are closed or open.

Pros

we recently intsalled this for our call centre to help with our customer service team. It has been such an asset in ensuring accountability in the team and in handling the large number of calls that we expected.
Through recording calls we have been able to gauge client reviews and improve our customer service approach.

Cons

we needed an option with automatic phone records and with this we have to hit record after picking up a call

Emily B.

Generally Good Product

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

Pros

Most of the user customization is easy to do and really useful.
Easy to operate on the front end.
Colors options (light vs dark) appreciated.

Cons

Phone updates are a pain. Frequently breaks connection with IP, or changes all extensions' PIN and passwords. Have to do a lot of back-end clean-up work just to make minor updates (e.g. forced to change all existing passwords to six digits, which then resulted in banned IP addresses to all phones and required whitelisting each individually)
Cell phone integration weak and limited.

Steven H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Affordable call solution .

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

Pros

3cx represents great value for your investment .It reduces phone costs several times over and makes connecting to everywhere in the world and setting up calling campaigns easy .

Cons

The design is beginning to look outdated and you need some help online when originally setting up the lines . Not really much else to complain about , 3cx is great.

Clinton C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Fantastic phone system that doesn't cost the earth to buy or maintain.

Reviewed on 2016/03/09

Pros

It is a fantastic, fully featured PABX solution that doesn't cost the earth to buy or maintain. It has all the bells and whistles of any PABX the major vendors provide, without the need for specialist hardware or software to run it.
Its is extremely easy to setup if you want to use the free version, and plenty of support is available if you wish to purchase it.
It also offers the opportunity to reduce call costs when implemented with a VOIP provider of your choice.

Cons

Once you expand beyond the free version, you require a trained expert to set it up (unless you have a solid understanding of the systems involved).

Ryan m K.
  • Industry: Insurance

Inexpensive phone software for Windows and Linux

Reviewed on 2018/08/13

Pros

Going into a phone system w/o much knowledge of VOIP systems, I found 3CX to be very intuitive and easy to learn. The pricing between it and our SIP provider allowed us to save in the first year of using it. 3CX, as a company, is quick to release solid patches and new versions.

Cons

Some features, like texting, would be nice to have, but this is really grasping at straws. The menu system for configuration has been "flattened", which does make it more difficult to navigate.

Great phone system for the money

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

low cost pbx

Pros

This software is lightweight, full featured and it works really well for the money. They've done a great job in adding features all the time.

Cons

Recently they've been adding too many updates too quickly which has caused some unneeded glitches. They have fairly quick response time.

Yendi C.

Awesome tool for extension lines

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

Pros

We basically use this program to add extension lines to our dialer, that way we dont missed calls and it worked. You are able to put voice message, call waiting, call forward and other features that are minor importance. Very user friendly when placing calls, and also you can get reports and statistics for a call.

Cons

Configuration must be done by a pro, this cannot be configured by someone who doesn't know about VOIP systems. There was one time that the program crashed and setting were rebooted, so we had to wait until the next to day for the IT guy to help us configure it again.

Mark H.

Easy to get started and good soft client

Reviewed on 2019/07/05

Generally good almost fully featured soft PBX

Pros

The soft clients for desktop and mobile are easy to configure and use.

Cons

The vendor support is lacking. Local distributors and integrators are great but when issues need to be escalated the support is lacking.
No multi-tenant support any more.

Mike P.

Data Tech Chooses 3CX Over all the rest!

Reviewed on 2016/03/09

Pros

After researching many different VoiP Solutions, 3CX was the clear choice!
Being Windows based, the Multitenant offering along with the Single instance offering gives Data Tech the flexibility to tailor fit our client VoiP needs!
3CX has, by far, the most online documentation, video resources and product information available in the industry.
3CX Technical support is quick to respond to Support requests and are always eager to help using Team Viewer access.

Cons

I can't think of anything in the software itself that Data Tech does not like. If we see a need for something that is not currently offered, we are encouraged to put in a request to have it added to the next update or release when feasible.
If there was any knock on the Vendor at all, it would be that communication with support via phone is essentially non existent. All Support that requires interaction is done via Team Viewer and chat.