Emburse Nexonia Expenses

Expense management for ERP & accounting systems

Hank V.

Nexonia Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

Pros

The integration of this software was overall an easy transition for our corporation. We are now able to have a degree of expense visibility that is unmatched. The approval process has reduced unnecessary transactions and helps improve accountability at our organization.

Cons

The functionality of the application can be improved. There are times when the synching between the app and desktop takes more time that expected.

Afton H.

Nexonia Makes Expenses a Breeze

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

Over the last three years, Nexonia has taken us from a company relying on paper reconciliations to a fully-automated paperless system. It's incredibly easy to set up reporting structures, approve and edit expenses, and keep accurate receipt records. Additionally, Nexonia integrates with QuickBooks Online so once expenses are approved, getting them into QuickBooks is just a click of the button.

Pros

QBO integration. Ease of use. Everything is customizable so that you are always getting the information you need from employees regarding what the expense was for. Ability to code on the go with the app and save receipts for later makes this a great software for companies with employees who do a lot of traveling. Constant updates to the system fixing bugs and adding new features.

Cons

Most of the things that bothered us about the software have been fixed over time - including coding multiple expenses at once and easier receipt capture.

Mark R.

Easy Submission of Expenses / Integration with Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

As a end user who submits ~20 expense items per month the convenience and ease of use is unparalleled. We moved from a paper system previously that was quite cumbersome. The interface is user friendly and the all the various methods for acquiring the digital copy of the expense is great. I mainly drag and drop PDF formatted images to upload the expenses into my report and it works great every time. I also use the email feature to send expenses to my reports and it great for larger email formatted invoices.
I also appreciate the fact that I can leave a report half done if I need to track down a missing invoice or receipt and it saves everything done up to that point.

I also support the accounting team with the integration of Nexonia to Quickbooks - this can be a little challenging to setup but the support staff are very helpful and we have always managed to get our users setup.

Pros

Ease of adding and capturing receipts. Auto balancing and the way it handles split receipts. Ability of managers to see what is in a end users account - what is outstanding or remaining to be worked on.

Cons

Email receipts - having to back out of the report I am working on to have the receipts show up as available to attach to the expenses. Once you go back into the specific report again the emailed receipts show up just fine.

Would recommend Nexonia!

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Easy to use!

Pros

Nexonia Expense Reports was so easy to use! If anything was difficult is was because the admin people made too many categories that were similar. It was easy to tell when the admins needed you to edit a submission and to track at what stage the report was at after submitting.

Cons

The only thing that was annoying was for mapping the miles if only gave you the direct route on maps... but Michigan has a ton of construction for 8/12 months so you never take the direct route. It would have been nice to edit that to get the money for my miles.

Brittany D.
  • Industry: Accounting

Partner Review of Expense Reporting

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

We love Nexonia and recommend it to our clients however, as of recently things seem to be getting less organized. For example, billings were done a month late and incorrectly. Granted, they were willing to fix it however, it just seems things have gotten a bit hectic for them. Lastly - i have been waiting months for them to fix the integration for JEs to Intacct. I haven't felt the urgency to get this issue addressed.

Pros

Ease and on my phone

Cons

Receipts are hard to find sometimes and could be easier.
Card feeds are not consistent - we sometimes end up with duplicates and/or are missing charges - this needs to be improved.

Rick H.
  • Industry: Insurance

Saving time with Nexonia Expense Reports

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

Intuitive! I travel weekly to/from different clients. On a weekly basis I'm required to submit expense reports detailing travel related expenses Airlines, Car rental, hotels and restaurant receipts. The ability to download receipts from the different vendors and attach them to my expense report affords me the opportunity of being able to electronically submit my expense reports from my hotel room or airport between flights saving time which translates to increased quality time with my family during weekends.

Pros

Cons

not able to reject/edit an expense once it has been submitted and before it has been approved.

Ivan D.

Smooth Process

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

Nexonia provides us a smooth process for documenting our times and expenses weekly. It is a very user friendly application both in the mobile and desktop versions.

Pros

I prefer the mobile application Vs. the Desktop but I imagine it is a personal preference. Very user friendly in both regards.

Cons

It can be challenging to document recurring expenses monthly - For example: I have a mobile hot spot monthly expenditure that doesn't require a new receipt every month - It would be nice to be able to pull up a saved expense and submit it as a new expense.

Richard M.

Nexonia Expense Report Review

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

it just makes expense reporting easier. It is easy to record the expense item, it ties into my contacts and it is easy to attach the receipt

Pros

its easy, fast & accurate

Cons

I called into u guys a few times but your customer service needs work. Disappointed

Emily D.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Nexonia for a Medium/Small Company

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Getting expenses in within the 30 day deadline is much easier now. You and submit, review, and approve all from the the phone app!

Pros

This software made expense submitting and reviewing a breeze! The phone app made submitting expenses on the go very easy for travelers.

Cons

Nothing! We went from doing mailed in/paper expenses to Nexonia and it was the best decision we made!

Benjamin F.

Nexonia Review

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

As someone who both submits and approves expense reports, I appreciate the ease of use this product offers. I can do everything from the mobile device app, including approve expenses (while viewing their receipts). What does this mean? My people get paid more quickly, and my to-do list is less cluttered.

Submitting reports is just as simple, capture the image of the receipt, categorize and submit; all without having to navigate out of the mobile app.

The desktop version is likewise very intuitive. With their drag-and-drop interface to attach receipt files, submitting expense reports is a breeze.

Pros

The mobile functionality, and the ease of the desktop software

Cons

When attaching a receipt from the mobile platform, linking a receipt is not as intuitive as it is on the desktop (though still quite easy).

George C.

Good for accounting!

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

Good design and functionality, however layout could be improved. Confusing for first time users, and required a bit of a learning curve.

Pros

So many ways to customize your expenses, great customer service, smart phone application.

Cons

Steep learning curve, UI is not great and archaic looking. Confusing often.

Jose R.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Expense Reporting Simplified

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

With responsibilities covering North America the Nexonia tool facilitates managing expense reports. Image capture, classifying expenses are very nicely laid out in the interface. I use on iPad and IPhone with great and very fast syncing of expenses on each platformm.

Pros

Simple interface that facilitates capturing the expense items quickly.

Cons

No comment

William W.

Nexonia Expense Report Software Feedback

Reviewed on 2016/09/21

I have found the software to be easy to use. I like the phone time and expense apps and use them when traveling. The main issue I have that is the time that it takes to post AMX transactions to Nexonia (sometimes takes too long at 5+ business days to post in order to process the expense report).

Pros

I like the ability to take a receipt photo and attach it to an expense transaction in one step. I like and use the receipt forwarding feature.

Cons

I have to reduce the font size on my web browser to see the full report. Otherwise, you have to scroll left and right to see the complete row.

Jennifer L.

Fantastic Software that makes Expense Reports somewhat Painless

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

I've worked at several companies and have been doing expense reports since before intuitive expense software was available. Back in the days where we taped our receipts to a paper and mailed or faxed them in! Using this has made expense reports bearable and easy to do. I am able to stay on top of my weekly reports and get reimbursed quickly. Couldn't be easier!

Pros

Mobile application makes it easy to use on the road. I am able to set up a report before I go on my trip and can add day by day. Can upload receipts using phone camera, email or direct upload.
Easy to submit and edit and resubmit.

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app doesn't sync with the UI.

Tony P.

Absolutely Love It!

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

Prior to Nexonia, my organization used a paper system for expense reporting. This mean entering things in an Excel spreadsheet each month and attaching hard copies of receipts. Last year we switched to Nexonia and it has revolutionized the way we report our expenses. The ease of use of the app has meant no longer walking around with a pocket full of oddly shaped paper receipts, and instead being able to take a picture of the receipt at the point of sale and in seconds have it ready for upload. This has made our process so much faster and easier. I can't say enough good things about Nexonia.

Pros

The software is incredibly simple to use and convenient. You don't have to wait until you get back to your desk to file receipts. A picture at the point of sale takes care of everything.

Cons

Nothing about this software is a problem for me.

Jimmie B.

Expenses made Easy!

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

I use Nexonia to both submit my expenses and to approve expenses from my direct reports. I work in this program on a regular basis.

Pros

I really like the following features:
Automated emails when one of my reports submits a Nexonia expense report.
The system aggregates the reports that I need to approve on the dashboard, so it's easy to tell that I've gotten all of mine done.
I also like the ability to view receipts in a .pdf

Cons

I don't have any dislikes.

Jeff S.

Easy Instant Receipt Vault!

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

We have been using Nexonia for quite awhile now, and I have found it to be an easy way for me to keep up with my expenses.

Pros

I can take a picture of my receipts and add them to an expense report, tag them with notes like who the client was, or the job, and when the charge comes across the credit card, I link the charge to the receipt, add a job code and it's done!

Cons

Sometimes I have to wait for the credit card to process before I can add the report item. I still haven't figured out how to link a charge to an item that is already in a report.

Maureen H.

Fast and easy to use

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

The application is very easy to use on my SMART phone. I like that I can take photos of the receipts and then shred them.

Pros

Every to use

Cons

it's not always synced to my computer and phone.

German C.

EXCELENTE APP

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

THIS APPLICATION IS VERY EASY TO USE, AND FAST WHEN I NEED TO REPORT MY EXPENSES, CONGRATULATIONS FOR THIS APP.

Pros

EASY, FAST,

Cons

DONT INTEGRATE WITH ANY MAPS OR LOCATIONS IN MY REGION.

Stephen C.

Good Not Great

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

I use nexonia as an app on my phone. I Like it, I am not the main admin but from my user role it works for me. The reports are detailed enough and I get paid timely.

Pros

Its an app thats always a positive. It is easy to take photos on your phone and upload them directly to a report I like that as well.

Cons

The reports can be confusing. Im not quite sure if I need multiple reports, why I cant link a photo to a report directly I have to click another button. Also ive had some issues with submitting two reports at the same time, and only 1 showing up as processed.

Ganapathy S.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Nexonia Expense Reports

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

File & manage expense reports using this software for myself & my direct reports.

Pros

I was pleasantly surprised to learn how easy it is to use this software to manage expense reports. I was almost convinced that Concur was the best one around for that purpose until I used this one.

Cons

I think the most cumbersome feature of this software is but a minor inconvenience in that the screen sizing on a smart phone isn't agile enough. That same issue occurs with Concur as well so nothing to worry about.

Snir H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Umm.. Nexonia Expense Reports Review?

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

An expense management system that does what you'd expect it to do. There are some nice-to-have features bundled in, but nothing groundbreaking.

Pros

Web import of receipts (although broken for receipts in Unicode)

Cons

Having to sift through too many options (category then subcategory, currency) when usually it's about 2-3 options that I always choose (2-3 for currency, 4-8 for item category)
Rotating receipt images
Too many taps in general

Harris Z.

Reviewed on 2016/09/16

It is rather easy to use but there are certain aspect that can be improved in the likes of images upload etc.

Pros

Fast, lightweight and intuitive.

Cons

Image uploads is a hassle.

Bibhas M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Easy to use efficient and effective tool

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

I have been using Nexonia time entry and expense reporting modules for last one year. I have never had such a simple but powerfully effective tool. The expense reporting module helps me submit my expense effectively. The time entry system and expense reporting tools should be like this that the tool itself would not take much time that I need 30 minute admin time on my time entry system.

Pros

Simple, easy but efficient and effective

Cons

Reporting from time entry system is not straightforward and self-intuitive. I would expect to see readily available links for frequently generated reports such as Utilization report.

Marissa G.

This is pretty great!

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

I love this product. It is so much easier than the program that we had before. The ability to work with both a computer web browser and the phone app to create entries and submit receipts is a huge time savings. Instead of being worried about losing receipts, we can simply take a picture of them with our phones as soon as we get them! I also love how it saves us time and money since we don't have to print things out and/or take the time to tape receipts to pieces of paper for filing purposes!

Pros

Coordination between computer web browser and phone app.
No need to print hard copies
Approval system is great because it allows managers to provide feedback when something is rejected.

Cons

Can't change the route taken when doing mileage - this is something we'd like to be able to do because with traffic the way it is, sometimes the route given by the system is not the best route at all.
Have to manually subtract regular commute - I don't think this should happen automatically, but it would be nice if there was a separate box/option for it.