Nexonia Expenses

Expense management for ERP & accounting systems

4,5
Abimbola K.
Industry: Entertainment

Nexonia has set a gold standard.

Reviewed on 2018/07/01

Pros

I love Nexonia for its simplicity and the fact it is highly customizable. It is cloud-based and therefore perfect for mobile management of staff expenses in my organization.I love the approval workflow , and how Nexonia integrates seamlessly with our inhouse ERP tools.
I love the quality of the mobile app. Majority of my colleagues at work have never had a cause to use Nexonia on desktop and this proves how well the smartphone app has been effective.This is great for measuring mileage for tasks and subsidized meals which we all never seem to get enough of at work.
I love the quality of support Nexonia offers my organization. On every occasion ,when I have reached out to the Nexonia team , I always got to talk to an human being. This is rare for software firms who seem to always want to over automate their support structure.Therefore I will say Nexonia is setting a good standard.

Cons

Linking my personal debit card to Nexonia always seem to be an hurdle ,and not just for me but also for most of my colleagues at work.

Sunil K.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy Expense Reporting & Reimbursements

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Just Fantastic, before using this app I did not have an idea if there could be an easier way to expense claiming.

No more paperwork and physical signatures for approvals. It’s just simple -click photo, upload invoice ,update details ,submit and it goes to the approver who can check and approve it online. Claims are faster and transparent and I get my money back fast too ;-)

Pros

1. Easy to add to expense report and also a image of the invoice or bill.
2. Fast Online approval
3. Accessible via mobile app and laptop
4. I can claim the expense as soon as I have the receipt or invoice.
5. Makes my life easy and no pending invoices or couriering receipts or dealing with lost paperwork.
6. Can set the expense claim as per right cost Center and category e.g Cell phone expense, internet expense , Hotel expenses , Travel expenses etc.

Cons

I love it, I have no complaints so far.
Maybe the web portal opening page after login can be made bit better.

Michelle H.

It gets the job done

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/09/14

The overall experience has been good. There is a learning curve as some functionality is not intuitive but one you use it a few times you hey there hang of it. Great tool for time tracking against projects.

Pros

-multiple people can track their hours to the same projects
-support for various projects with the same customer
-reports showing how many hours have been billed to a customer so far

Cons

-it is not the most user-friendly and can be difficult to figure out at first
-ability to copy previous week in time tracking is great but it doesn't copy the hours from the previous week

Dylan F.
Industry: Insurance

Expense Reports

Reviewed on 2016/10/11

I can not comment on cost - as it is corporately paid for, nor can I comment on support, as when I have an issue I go to our internal team.
We did get trained on the system by a representative - who was likeable and enthusiastic. Pleasant experience.
Overall: I would not purchase this on my own.
It is "jumpy", so when you try to navigate between columns of expenses or time sheets you often have to reselect multiple times - which really makes it slow. This also means there is the likelihood for errors and as such it seems you not only have to complete the entry but review to make sure it didn't "jump" and have an item get miscategorized.

The "copy" functions which should allow you to copy the categories from week to week - don't work well either. This is tiresome as then one if forced to do everything that the copy function is supposed to assist with.
I have had a few service interruptions. I did not inquire to our internal support - as the message that came up when my time sheets and expenses were lost indicated that there was an issue with your site and to please come back later. It would have been of benefit if you have provided a suggestion as to how long the site would be down, or given the option to be notified when come back. Some work was lost, which was also a pain.

We have had various problems submitting information and getting items approved. These were not individual issues, but across the organization. So - I can not validate if that was NEXONIA or in part the integration with our company.
The integration with AMEX is cool - but it does chose the wrong categories, so I still have to edit them. This could be a result of our team having too many sub categories.

Sorry that this isn't very positive comments, but it truly looked like a good platform, but is just not client friendly.....yet :)

I do not need to have this feedback posted - that is not my intent. I rather you just use the information to improve the platform.

Pros

please see first section - amex integration - and it looks to have the right "thinking" behind what an app should do

Cons

Please see first section
difficult to use
jumpy
creates errors because of the above
credit card integration - miss categorizes
System outages with no way to be notified when it is back on line and no time estimate
- happene don the weekends, so I was going to call - but there was no support available at the time

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Frenette G.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Wilsons Heating

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Knowing that I can simply record my receipts and not having to look for them at the end of the month is a good thing.

Pros

I simply like the fact that it's very friendly user and when I need to introduce it to a new member of our team they pick up on it with ease. I cannot answer the other questions as I was not involved in intergrating it into our system.

Cons

Nothing so far but again only been using it for little over 6 months but so far no complaints or concerns on my end.

Archit A.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Nexonia Expense Reports Review

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/12/14

Overall a positive experience but not something mind blowing. This is a good software & if team behind it keeps updating from time to time, It can give good competition to established names.

Pros

It is easy to use and can be handled without much training. Can be used on phone as well so handy & ready to go. Is not very complex and process can be handled effectively.

Cons

New features should be added. Some more functionalities are required to make it at par with other alternatives in the market.

Ganapathy S.
Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Nexonia Expense Reports

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/08/25

File & manage expense reports using this software for myself & my direct reports.

Pros

I was pleasantly surprised to learn how easy it is to use this software to manage expense reports. I was almost convinced that Concur was the best one around for that purpose until I used this one.

Cons

I think the most cumbersome feature of this software is but a minor inconvenience in that the screen sizing on a smart phone isn't agile enough. That same issue occurs with Concur as well so nothing to worry about.

Donna H.

Easy to use and learn

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Pros

Easy to use and learn. Bonus for having a mobile app

Cons

Nothing so far. It’s been an easy system to learn and easy to input expenses and submit reports.

Martin S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Very useful for mileage reimbursement

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

Overall I am very pleased. All I use it for is mileage reimbursement and I think Nexonia does a great job with this, no complaints at all.

Pros

I find it to be very user friendly and responsive. It is helpful to get e mail reminders to submit reports, and is easy to learn. Folders make organizing submissions a breeze.

Cons

I'm pretty satisfied, from a user (not administrator) standpoint I think it is fantastic, I have not yet had any problems.

Jeff S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Simply the easiest expense app I have used!

Pros

I find this application to be the quickest and easiest expense application I have ever used. It is easy to start a new expense report, add expenses and take a picture and upload reicepts

Cons

I had an instance where I had to delete the app and re-download because it lost my card info

Jon D.

Welcome to the 21st Century

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

Prior to Nexonia, our company was mired in the paperwork report world. Tying out receipts was a nightmare and reimbursements were delayed due to time spent traveling through the mail. We instituted Nexonia about 2 years ago and our employees love it. It is easy to use, allows for greater visibility by managers and speeds up the reimbursement time-frame. Overall, we are absolutely thrilled with our selection of Nexonia as our expense report vendor.

Pros

Ease of use and tight integration with NetSuite. The fact that I can enter or remove an employee in our CRM and have it flow directly into Nexonia is a huge time saver. We rarely need to utilize the support team, but when we do they are more than happy to roll up their sleeves and take ownership of our issues.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that a year ago, it seemed like new versions were constantly being rolled out and not always tested on different smartphones. For example, we have a large contingent using a Samsung Galaxy that had an issue where launching the camera caused the app to crash. It was eventually resolved, but if I recall it had to do with the latest update that was released. At the time, the Galaxy was a very popular phone.

Andrew K.
Industry: Media Production

A helpful tool for keeping track of project expenses!

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

I like how easy it is for new users to pick up and use Nexonia. It's easy to figure out, and does a lot of the leg work for you. My favorite feature is getting an auto-generated list of expenses based on my credit card history. Before, I was manually entering the amounts for each expense, which at least doubled the time it took to log expenses. With Nexonia, every transaction on my card is automatically in the system. And I love that I can drag and drop receipt pics without having to go through an upload process. Once the receipts are online, I can link/unlink and group multiple receipts to the same expense entry, which has been very useful for the way my receipts are sometimes generated (such as different receipts for itemized segments of a single transaction).

I also like that I can log expenses on the road with the mobile app. It has at times shown a delay in syncing with my online profile, but otherwise is a very useful app for tracking expenses in real time and not having to worry about coming back from a business trip with a lot of reporting to do.

My only nitpick is that there does not seem to be a way to make edits to multiple expense entries at the same time.

For example, if I have ten transactions for a single project, especially when they are going to be logged to the same category in that project, I have to go through and make the same drop down selections for each individual entry.

I would like instead to be able to "copy/paste" the entry's profile or simply select multiple transactions and edit the elements in one window. That kind of feature would really make this software top notch, and save me even more time than the software already has. But overall I'm a big fan of the software and how it organizes and tracks our expenses.

Pros

The drag-and-drop feature for receipts, auto-generated entries linked to my credit card, the option to use the mobile app, and the ability to group multiple receipts to one entry.

Cons

There is not a way to make multiple edits to entries with identical profiles. Either a template or a way to edit any items that are selected would be an extremely useful feature.

Rebecca J.
Industry: Research

Rebecca's Review

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

I manage my departments finances through this program. It is very easy to use once you learn how. I love how each person can send their receipts directly to Nexonia!

Pros

I like how this software allows each person to send their receipt directly to Nexonia and the current months report. I love how easy it is to see who has what card transactions and create an entry from that or you can go to the receipt and link it to a card transaction to create the entry.

Cons

I don't like how long it takes for each transaction to reach the Nexonia software. I can get the product and receipt before the transaction even reaches the Nexonia software. Although I don't believe that this is solely Nexonia's fault. The other thing that I would change is the linking of receipts to transactions, once the receipt is linked it would be nice if it was completely removed from the receipts list, although if you have two transactions with one receipt you need to link them both (the two transactions) to the same receipt, so you would have to send the same receipt to Nexonia twice, so I can understand why it is the way it is.

Afton H.

Nexonia Makes Expenses a Breeze

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

Over the last three years, Nexonia has taken us from a company relying on paper reconciliations to a fully-automated paperless system. It's incredibly easy to set up reporting structures, approve and edit expenses, and keep accurate receipt records. Additionally, Nexonia integrates with QuickBooks Online so once expenses are approved, getting them into QuickBooks is just a click of the button.

Pros

QBO integration. Ease of use. Everything is customizable so that you are always getting the information you need from employees regarding what the expense was for. Ability to code on the go with the app and save receipts for later makes this a great software for companies with employees who do a lot of traveling. Constant updates to the system fixing bugs and adding new features.

Cons

Most of the things that bothered us about the software have been fixed over time - including coding multiple expenses at once and easier receipt capture.

Kathy P.
Industry: Education Management

Kathy Plummer - Beta Theta Pi Fraternity

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

The time helps us a lot posting to different departments. It is important to for allocations at the end of each month to know where our employees are spending their time. The expenses have saved a lot of time for everyone. They can upload their receipts right away so loss of them has cut down 90%. We give them drop downs so the coding is actually done by them and more actuate.

Pros

The employee's takes ownership. We can give them options to chose from so less mistakes are made. I like that after an employee finish's they submit which then takes the information into approval, by the time it gets exported into our accounting software it is correct. I like that the time and expenses are done in the same manor.

Cons

The approval sections leave a little to be desired. You have to move back and fourth to see the amount compared to the coding. The picture of the attachment and picture of the receipts has a little to be desired, it takes more time than it should because of this.

Mark R.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Easy Submission of Expenses / Integration with Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

As a end user who submits ~20 expense items per month the convenience and ease of use is unparalleled. We moved from a paper system previously that was quite cumbersome. The interface is user friendly and the all the various methods for acquiring the digital copy of the expense is great. I mainly drag and drop PDF formatted images to upload the expenses into my report and it works great every time. I also use the email feature to send expenses to my reports and it great for larger email formatted invoices.
I also appreciate the fact that I can leave a report half done if I need to track down a missing invoice or receipt and it saves everything done up to that point.

I also support the accounting team with the integration of Nexonia to Quickbooks - this can be a little challenging to setup but the support staff are very helpful and we have always managed to get our users setup.

Pros

Ease of adding and capturing receipts. Auto balancing and the way it handles split receipts. Ability of managers to see what is in a end users account - what is outstanding or remaining to be worked on.

Cons

Email receipts - having to back out of the report I am working on to have the receipts show up as available to attach to the expenses. Once you go back into the specific report again the emailed receipts show up just fine.

Amanda G.
Industry: Financial Services

Best AP/AR solution around

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

It has been a great solution. We transitioned to this from another AP/AR solution. This has eliminated the need for two softwares and we just use this one. I love that it talks with our Accounting solution, saving a lot of time.

Pros

This software is a great AP/AR solution. Our team can easily process their expense reports on the road, no need to keep receipts and manually upload and code in the office. The AP solution is great. It is processed in the system, including all one over one approvals needed. Then it transfers over to Sage Intacct seamlessly, where the checks are printed. This solution transfers the invoice directly to our accounting software, which is a feature a lot of other AP solutions does not offer. It has saved a lot of man hours

Cons

The support offered with this solution can be a little lacking sometimes. I didn't know we had a direct account manager until we were with the software for 2 years. There can be a little lag in customer support getting back to you. But these are things I can look past for the other pros that the software offers.

Industry: Construction

Money Saver

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

I have been using this app for almost 3 years and it helped me a lot in saving and reporting the expenses. As it is compatible working with Android's which is very helpful as the accounts and finance teams require these tools to make the work easier for them, and i would recommend to organizations and corporate to use the same if i am given a chance to.

Pros

The most i like is that i can use the software through my mobile and i reach out for my mobile whenever i make any expense or any expense is made in the organization as well as personally. When corporate management expense policies are strict people are relying on the app very much to control or to report the same which helps the management to come to a conclusion. This can also be integrated with credit cards and other CRMS and tools to keep a track of the expense. Busy finance and accounting leaders will definitely need this.

Cons

The least i like is that the tool must be in a way that it can be integrated in as much as CRM's used by the corporate and a bit unsteady during poor receipt of internet connectivity

Shane S.

Expenses Branch 087

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

My experience is generally positive as this process does eliminate many steps required in the past to recover expenditures.

Pros

It is fast and effective and can be done from any location eliminating the need to save receipts for a long period of time.

Cons

All things considered, I have no complaints about the soft ware itself. I have had no negative experiences to date.

Brook S.
Industry: Management Consulting

Great product with friendly user application

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

I've been using Nexonia for approximately 2 years and really enjoy how easy it has been to log expenses and categorize spending. The mobile phone applications have been extremely helpful in capturing needed receipts and categorically assigning expenses

Pros

-User friendly/intuitive
-Mobile phone application (receipt recording)

Cons

-Navigating between expense reports can be a challenge
-Should consider adding a "default" setting so users can choose a default client/project when assigning expenses; too often I've assigned project expenses to the wrong client/project when a default setting would have been helpful

Marci M.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Intuitive, essential, and efficient

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

This software has made it so my employer is not overpaying for my travel/incidental reimbursement. It is just as handy for remote employees as those working in the building. Easy and intuitive that volunteers use it as well as employees.

Pros

For mileage reimbursement- I love that you are able to input exact addresses and it figures the mileage. I know longer have to keep a logbook in my car and guesstimate when I forget to write things down.
For meal reimbursement- for out of state travel it is a breeze. I no longer have to go online and find the State and the local reimbursement amount. It does all that for me! Whew! Major time saver!
Receipts- I can easily upload receipts and no longer have to worry about turning them in: to whom, when, what attachments etc.
I love Nexonia and wished we had it at every employer I've worked at in the past and I hope in the future!

Cons

I can't think of anything that needs to be improved.

May C.

User Friendly system

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

It is a easy using system no matter you are submitting your own expense report, or you are running a report to manage how many expense reports submitted in a limited period of time, Nexonia is very easy to use.

Pros

I have been using Nexonia in my prior experiences for more than 5 years, the system is very easy to use, you can complete your expense report submission with easy steps and everyone should have no problem submit their first expense report.

Cons

none at this moment, I believe the only drawback is the limited functions that our company was purchased or used.

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Would recommend Nexonia!

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Easy to use!

Pros

Nexonia Expense Reports was so easy to use! If anything was difficult is was because the admin people made too many categories that were similar. It was easy to tell when the admins needed you to edit a submission and to track at what stage the report was at after submitting.

Cons

The only thing that was annoying was for mapping the miles if only gave you the direct route on maps... but Michigan has a ton of construction for 8/12 months so you never take the direct route. It would have been nice to edit that to get the money for my miles.

Jacob P.
Industry: Religious Institutions

A good and functional solution for expense management

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Saves us hours as month on expense management (corporate credit cards)
Its not the most user friendly platform. Its definitely functional, but it will always take training.

Pros

This solution has saved us hours each month collecting and organizing receipts. We've gone from taking 5 hours a week to 1 hour a week really working with credit card receipts.

Cons

I've seen some competitors have a little better UI, but may not have the same features.

Ramin S.

I love the mobile application

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

I think Nexonia Expenses is already a leader in the expense management applications on the market. Till last month I didn't use its mobile app for iPhone, but later I saw it is really helpful and simple to use. And everything is working smoothly as a desktop version. It designed graphically and you can see not only your expenses and also where did you spend some amount with a map and other attached files. You can add manual spending and of course, it will calculate your expenses from credit cards.

Cons

It took a long time to explain the whole interface to our staff. And otherwise, we didn't experience any negative sides of Nexonia. Thanks for that kind of service.