Karen U.
  • Industry: Hospitality

New rollouts

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

Lever used to be a great program with lots of features, they just ruined it with the new roll out.

Pros

At the moment nothing is good about this software

Cons

Merging had been disabled. We can no longer join new and old profiles into one profile.
New and existing profiles - we are no longer notified if a candidate may be a duplicate. Have you ever spoken with a candidate only to find out that they where not a good fit before?
Emails do not sync properly - Gmail will not be delivered if sent through Lever. We have found that we must copy and paste the email template to Outlook in order for the recipient to even receive the email. This has been going on for almost year.
Emails Part 2 - Entire threads of email conversations do not appear in Lever. They are missing so again we have to cut & paste entire conversations to place in the profile.
INDEED Candidates - These candidates must be forwarded into Lever. The same process we have done for 3 yrs, now all of a sudden are forwarding a separate entry of blank information which now must be deleted. It turns out that if you have an image in your signature on your email that is what creates the blank entry. SO if you have a logo, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter logo expect a blank entry. Customer Service told us we were doing it wrong. No their rollout was the most stupid thing we have ever worked with.
Different pipeline stages for different jobs makes no sense. You have 1 profile, you can have many jobs associated with that profile, you can have many hiring mangers for that 1 profile, they do not need to be all over the place.

Lever is a great efficiency ATS for small-mid sized companies

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

I realized improved efficiency from day 1 with a high volume of candidates scheduled on our books for the same amount of effort.

Pros

Very user friendly and features are thought through from the tactical recruiting side. I love easy book links, automated offer letter templates that actually work well, strong email template capabilities with email delay features, integration with slack.

Cons

Few glitches with offer letters / integration with background check and HRIS system. I had to figure out some rules myself that weren't documented. Their support team is very fast and friendly though. The built in support articles are also very comprehensive.

Florence B.

Love using Lever to find our talent

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

Superb! 10 out of 10!

Pros

I love how it's now so easy to review lots of candidates at speed. The platform is intuitive and easy to use, drawing in the right information that you need on candidates. Easy to collaborate with other co-workers on vacancies. Great UX!

Cons

I love Lever. It makes it easy to be efficient in the recruitment process and it saves us time and ensures a great candidate experience.

Heather L.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Data driven and dedicated

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

We have used Lever for over 2 years, rolled out in countries across and globe and trained hundreds of hiring managers to use the system for feedback and reviewing applications. We initially chose Lever for its data and analytics, which have allowed us to automate reports and KPIs for teams in all our markets. The system is user friendly, and tools like Lever Nurture and Recommendations can help recruitment teams to find and attract more talent.

Perhaps the best thing about choosing Lever is the team behind it. The system itself has rolled out many new features (requisitions, approval flows, restricting access to view sensitive information) after carefully considering feedback and suggestions, which are critical for scaling and management for large orgs. The support team is incredibly responsive to any issue and the product team is open to feedback and as transparent as possible about upcoming changes.

The customer success team really goes above and beyond to understand and work through client concerns and helps to find innovative solutions to most issues. If you choose Lever and are lucky enough to work with rep - you've struck gold. I don't think I've worked with someone more focused on client satisfaction, able to make tough discussions enjoyable, and who really advocates for his clients.

Cons

While Lever is growing rapidly and adopting more large global clients, there still seems to be a dominance of focus on US tech startups - for example in the Partner Integrations or in offer templates (multiple options for equity and vesting options) but complex package structures can require significant customisations, which can require additional work for enterprise clients.

The biggest hurdle to adopting Lever as a global enterprise solution has been concerns around data privacy of candidates and employees as it stores all data only on servers in the US. From a security standpoint, this is worrying, has made it harder to get buy in to roll out in other markets, and delayed several implementations. If you want to consider candidates outside the US, particularly in Europe and Emerging markets, it means significantly more time and checks with Legal, Compliance, and Security departments. There is also the fair concern that non US candidates may be discouraged from sharing their data if wary of surveillance and privacy rights - which are major concerns and considerations in other markets. Investing in data centres in locations that focus on protecting data privacy would make it easier (and safer) to roll out and use as a true enterprise tool.

Ashley G.

Vast improvement in the automation of our young, growing tech company's hiring process

Reviewed on 2017/05/01

Pros

I love its seamless integration with the tools we most use--Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, Abacus, and Docusign. It has made our entire hiring process more seamless as a result.

For applicants, it provides a more professional, personalized (if templated!) experience than what our young company had previously afforded.

For our People Operations department (of one) it has vastly improved our organization of resumes. Previously, I received from multiple sources (hand-delivered resumes, forwarded emails of resumes, dozens of job boards) often receiving resumes from people who were not directly involved with the hiring process. Lever has helped keep the channels of communication open between varying levels of involvement, equipping team members to track at the distance that makes the most sense for them.

Furthermore, it has renewed energy throughout the company regarding our democratic hiring process. It is helpful that all team members can refer candidates more easily to the wider team, and that they can see all of their feedback forms/interviews in once place. The Slack reminders regarding feedback prove helpful since so much of our work is carried out via Slack.

I also very much enjoyed the implementation process with Phil. He made clear that there is no dumb question. He was consistently friendly, and empathetic when there were obstacles in the implementation. He had a great way of allowing me to train by doing instead of training by sight.

Cons

I look forward to the tool having more options in terms of auto-text/mail-merge. For example, it would be great if email templates had some options for dates and times. I also wish that it were possible to add multiple locations to a particular posting. I created a location called "Multiple Locations," but it'd be nice to have more specific cities listed. Perhaps I'm missing something though and this is an option. I'm still very young in my use of this tool.

I also wish that the workflow process could be manipulated by super admins. If ever we need to make an edit to the workflows, we will need to contact Lever's support team. I have no doubt they will be responsive. I simply wish we were empowered to customize this ourselves as needs change. It'd be great if each department could customize their own flow for their different hiring processes.

Also, the cost was nearly prohibitive for our small company. I was glad that the team worked with us on this. I trust that if we can expand its use across departments (instead of the initially approved Client Success team), the company will see its full value. Right now it's a bit costly for our 1-person People Ops 'team' in its primary focus on Client Success hires. I think to get full use out of this platform, we would need a full-time recruiter--possibly using the Teamable and LinkedIn Recruiter integrations that Lever affords.

Mitchell B.

As a solo recruiter for a rapidly growing start-up, Lever has saved me so many headaches.

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

Pros

Honestly, it was the calendar booking for a while, but now its 100% Easy Book Links. In the few week's that I've had it, it has saved me so much time in booking both my first round screenings and I've been able to work with hiring managers on their recurring weekly schedules so candidates can book their own technical interviews as well.

Outside of that, I've been diving into building a much more structured interview process and Levers Feedback Forms are robust enough that I can create super thorough forms tailored to each hiring manager.

Cons

I wish there was more functionality that made liaising with recruiting agencies easier. Very few agencies ever use the "custom job application" link that I send them and the resume email import functionality is very basic. Ideally, I'd like the capability to automatically tag their source. Possibly based off of the email address of who originally sent it to me. (IE - Agency sends me 3 resumes and CC's the email I use for Email importing. Lever see that "[email protected]" email handle and automatically knows that it should mark the source as Agency and tag it as "Recruiting Agency" or w/e)

Honestly, that's my only gripe, and it's not even a bad one. It's super niche for smaller recruiting teams like mine who use a number of agencies to help ease my work load.

Molly K.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

We have loved our switch to Lever!

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Pros

We implemented Lever at the beginning of this year and are very happy overall with our switch. We originally chose to go with Lever because we liked how "candidate-centric" this platform was over other systems. We wanted an ATS that streamlined our application process, screening, and made scheduling a breeze and overall, we have found that!

The implementation and customer service team has been top-notch with Lever. Along the way, we have received answers to our questions right away. The videos and tutorials have been extremely helpful and the feedback response rate from our interviewers has increased. The integration with Microsoft Office365 with a single log-on process was well-received with our interview teams.

Our company fills a majority of our entry-level hires through campus recruiting and Lever has allowed us to organize our applications by school, events, position, etc. which has helped our team organize our campus recruiting efforts. We are also beginning to implement Lever "Nurture" to help with our recruiting campaigns and to help us recruit "passive candidates."

Overall, we are pleased with Lever and its functionality. We would recommend it completely.

Cons

The ease of use of reporting could be better, but Lever seems to be continually pushing out new updates.

Stan R.

Simple to use, candidate centric, great nuture product. Reporting needs work

Reviewed on 2017/06/30

We selected our ATS primarily on User Experience and Cost. We shortlisted Greenhouse and SmartRecruiters and went with Lever.
This is a candidate centric system, focused on user experience. Having used a number of large tier 1 systems which are clunky, unable to integrate with third parties (or make it difficult), it has taken some getting used to but I LOVE IT.

Pros

Lever is so easy to use. Our hiring managers jumped straight in with little to no training and are engaged in the recruitment process.
Lever Nuture has allowed me to increase reach out email response rates by at least 50%. The ability to personalise and automate emails is a time saver and provides for an awesome candidate experience.
Customer Service is excellent, responsive and sets realistic expectations.
From a recruiters perspective it is easy to move through the platform, screens aren't cluttered, minimal clicks and loads of integrations with other API's.
Very patient team. We've had a few changes in the team and Lever Support and Customer Success has been extremely helpful in reptition of training in short time frames.

Cons

We're based in Australia and unfortunately by the time a ticket is responded to it is a day later. If the response is not clear or not what we were looking for, then we wait for another day.
Reporting is challenging due to the seperation of Requisition Reports (Lever Intelligence) and Job Postings. Manager dashboards do not provide the transparency required (based on what our business wants to see). Should have customisable dashboards. We have a decentralised model where Head of Engineering for example can't see Engineering roles as they directly report into a Product Team. It's not easy to customise, and quite difficult to understand.

Love using this ATS

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Overall, I have always enjoyed using Lever and have appreciated the feature and integrations updates they have continued to make over the years which has definitely improved the ease of use.

Pros

I have been a champion for Lever since I began using it over 4 years ago. It's an ideal ATS for small recruiting teams and has helped streamline the recruiting process while being the source of record for candidates. The platform has great integrations with sourcing tools, hiring platforms, and new-hire tools like background checks and HRIS systems. Overall, I have really enjoyed my time using this platform.

Cons

The cost can be pretty high for the basic software so I'm some smaller companies or startups would not be able to afford this technology.
I've always struggled with the reporting section. I find it highly confusing and I don't always feel the data is 100% correct. This can be hard as reporting on data in Recruiting is very important, and you want that data to be correct if sharing it with the leadership team or hiring managers.

Brie O.

Easy and useful tool but often needs work arounds for special processes.

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

- easy to navigate
- simple setup and settings management
- easy tracking of candidates and pipeline
- bulk actions
- collaboration: Notes features and secret notes
- Organization of tool, specifically on profiles: easy to find information and like that the features are separated out (Notes, Feedback, etc.)
- Integration with GCal and Gmail and Docusign
- can have agencies submit into the tool
- customizable feedback forms

Cons

- hard to customize certain processes
- can't customize access for all employees
- some features are unclear without explanation; help text sometimes doesn't provide clarity for the functionality
- difficult to build future pipelines or "project folders" for future sourcing
- agencies can't track their candidates in the tool (agency portal) so we have to manually keep them updated
- overall management of everyone's Lever access -- experienced many bugs in the backend and reoccurring issues

Jessie S.

The Recruitment Tool You Really Need

Reviewed on 2017/08/23

Overall, I think Lever's by far the best product on the market for those who are focusing on sourcing for good candidates for jobs. This tool is the most efficient one I've seen: I single-handedly ran 200 senior candidates through the tool via sourcing in my first month at work, from sourced to 2X hires. Saying that, the sales process could be better and they're a bit unnecessary when it comes to additional features. All in all, grit your teeth and just do it. It'll turn Recruitment into an organised, and very professional flow in a matter of days.

Pros

- Time Efficient: LinkedIn extension, and the flow of the work means 1 person can manage 100s of candidates: and survive.
- The Sourcing Dream: if you're sourcing candidates it's your best friend: it takes me 30 seconds to onboard a new lead
- Customisable interview sheets: it's so easy to give feedback on a candidate once you get going.
-,Wonderful Onboarding Support: once you've made the decision your onboarding support is impressive, professional, and great.

Cons

- Price: it's not cheap, but the price does vary according to company size. It's worth it if you've hired anyone dedicated to recruitment.
- Integrations: things like a Slack integration are unnecessarily pricey features. The same comes for the amount of integrations (not that many) as well as the price tag to do each one (something as necessary as a DocuSign integration costs serious cash). That limits you, and feels annoying.
- Sales process: it's not the best sales experience. They aren't flexible on things like multi-year deals, or any way to help you line up the Product with your current budget. That makes no sense.

Sophie A.

Quality ATS, though not the most user friendly

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

Using Lever has been a good experience for our team overall - it's centralized all of our recruiting operations in a single platform, making it easier to track candidates and hire them!

Pros

Lever has all of the features you would expect in an ATS - an easy to set up careers page, configurable roles and permissions, feedback forms, customizable steps in the interview process, scheduling, and more.

Cons

New team members often find it unintuitive to figure out how to add feedback. I also don't like the lack of formatting options in the feedback text boxes - for example, bullets copied in from a Word or Google Doc are lost, resulting in garbled text.

Nancy F.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Lever - Some Great, Some Not So Great

Reviewed on 2020/01/26

We were looking for an ATS that had a positive candidate experience, was accessible across all mobile devices, and was easily customisable for our needs. For the most part, we have achieved those goals by migrating to Lever.

Pros

I love the easy way that you can customise your recruitment process, application, and communication templates. The candidate experience is really smooth and easy.

Cons

If a candidate has submitted multiple applications while an active candidate, all hiring managers that have jobs that the candidate has applied to can see all active applications. This is not good from a privacy perspective, and also manager maturity (or immaturity) means that this information can count against a candidate. It also does not have traditional ATS functionality like automatically transitioning a job from "advertising" to "closed / not accepting new candidates", bulk pdf or print options, and you cannot easily view job details when you're viewing candidates. We also had some issues with integrations that Lever said could happen - but ultimately could not happen.

Ginni L.

Increased agility and transparency.

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

Pros

I love that it is so user friendly. My previous ATS was really clunky, and there seemed to be a variety of ways to do the same thing - therefore I was constantly worried about consistency and reliability of the reports I was running and the data I was using. Lever works seamlessly with Gmail, it allows me to reduce the admin time involved in the interview process through automation and in-built scheduling tools, and I really enjoy having the ability to empower my hiring managers by giving them access to all the information, stats (time to hire etc) they need, on demand, directly. Lever has given our recruitment process an additional level of transparency and accessibility that is invaluable. I also love Lever Nurture. I strongly believe that talent acquisition professionals should be effective marketers - and the ability to include and leverage my ATS as part of employer brand and EVP communications is brilliant. If I have any questions, customer service is always very helpful and quick to respond.

Cami S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

I like Lever and look forward to proposed improvements

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

I like Lever in general, somewhat expensive, but good feature integration with email and calendars. Easy to use, though some functionality still suffers. Overall I'd say 3.5-4 stars out of 5. Especially considering I have never created an ATS and likely don't know what kind of effort is required to have some of these features corrected.

Pros

UI is nice, scheduling, manager/candidate/recruiter communication platform, customization of stages and email templates. Candidate categorization ...it's a great platform for less technical roles and if you have all the questions, feedback forms, and email templates in place it works well. The feedback reminders can be a good thing, but like any good thing, too much of a good thing can become a bad thing.

Cons

Adding feedback takes a few additional steps if not there, very manual process if the right feedback is not attached. Should be allowed to add feedback straight from that area, instead you have to click buttons or add a note.

Danny W.

Lever took us to the next level

Reviewed on 2017/04/25

Great product - have not regretted our move. We're hiring faster than ever, and the company seems much more aligned in hiring.

Pros

- From the very beginning, Lever was high-touch and hands on with their implementation. This made what I thought would be the hardest part of the process very easy.
- Great UI, very intuitive. Far easier to get hiring managers to use a product that operates so easily.
- Built for collaboration. The product makes gathering feedback very simple and with customized feedback forms, it saves a lot of time--no longer are we chasing people around to get feedback. Candidates are much more satisfied.
- Open to suggestions. We've had issues or requests with the product that Lever has been very receptive to. I love that we can look forward to a constantly improving product.

Cons

- Reporting can be a bit limiting, but that comes with the territory when you have a product that is this easy and intuitive.
- Scheduling through Google Calendars (as some competitors do) would be a really nice plus.

Alexander L.

Clean Functionality, but Major Flaws

Reviewed on 2018/05/20

Pros

Lever has made a great many clever, intelligent design choices. For example, color coding makes for a clean UI with clear calls to action, so that when a candidate needs to be scheduled for an interview, a big blue "schedule" button appears next to their name.

Cons

Our company recently made a terrible discovery about some secret Lever functionality. It turns out that some our top executives have been somehow put on a secret "Suppressions List" which caused all of the messages being sent to them within Lever to be blocked. Many of these messages were time sensitive and mission critical. As a result of this "secret suppression", several top candidates bottlenecked at key points in the hiring process. After not receiving a response, many of them dropped out and extremely valuable talent was lost.

So instead of accelerating our recruiting process, this suppression list functionality damaged our process. And the WORST part of all this is that Lever never once informed us about any of this. We discovered it ourselves.

No one in our company was notified when our executives were added to this censor list
No one in our company was ever informed that this could EVER happen
No documentation or info was ever provided to us about this kind of "Suppressions List" functionality
We still do not know how this Suppressions List is tracked or maintained
This Suppressions List functionality is not covered in any of the Lever on boarding training with new clients
This Suppressions List is not described anywhere in the Lever HELP documentation
This Suppressions List is not accessible to our Lever Admins

Why would any legitimate ATS company build such terrible gestapo like censorship into the bones of their product?

We are still scratching our heads on this question, while we try to undo the damage that was caused

The ATS with the Best User interface.

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

I have used three other ATSs in the past and Lever has the best User interface that is very easy to use and the customer support people were very prompt irrespective of the time difference.

Pros

I loved the fact that I can it has an add-on available on chrome
The add-on enables me to add candidates profile from LinkedIn from my sourcing stage and proceed them through the process once they apply.
- I liked how the CV screening process was so seamless and effortless and the color used on the front end side is so warm to the eyes.
- I can upload more than One Cv by simply sending an email with an attachment if the CVs I want to upload.

Cons

- The scheduling feature was really hard to use even after syncing it up with my google calendar.
- Interview scheduling e.g for 40 minutes at different times on the same day was really messy.
- It's a challenge to create different scoring rubrics for roles that are very complex.

Rosa P.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great ATS that has made our recruitment process more efficient

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Overall, Lever has streamlined our recruitment process. Our TA team and hiring managers are able to quickly review candidates and we spend less time e-mailing each other back and forth because we're able to communicate within the system.

Pros

User intuitive interface that did not require much training for our hiring managers/interviewers, seamless job posting features, recruiting campaign features, easily migrating candidates from LinkedIn via Lever Nurture, different levels of user access for all members across our organization, stellar implementation team/customer service that get back to you in less than 24 hours

Cons

Interviewer feedback can only be sent if you schedule within the system. Knowing Lever's commitment to efficiency, I'm sure they will come up with a workaround.

Jeffrey H.

Lever is a perfect blend of ATS with CRM features that is robust and user friendly. Love it!

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Pros

When we sought to replace our outdated, clunky ATS with something more modern, because of the nature of our business and related recruiting challenges, the product we selected would have to be user friendly, intuitive, relational and possess strike-zone reporting capabilities. Upon doing plenty of research on competing products, Lever emerged as the clear favorite. The CRM features are terrific for pipeline building, the tool is so easy to learn and use, and the information available through reporting provides the unique analytics that are critical to creating a more efficient talent acquisition process. It's almost as if Lever was created just for companies our size, with our unique culture, vision and values.

Cons

The one feature I would like to see change is to have the ability for multiple interviewers to leave feedback on a single feedback form.

Amanda S.

Best ATS I've used!

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Overall, my experience on the internal side has been phenomenal and I'm so happy we chose to go with Lever. Highly recommend!

Pros

Lever is incredibly intuitive and easy to use, navigate, and update. As an internal recruiter who is still ramping, it's refreshing having a portal where you know what stage a candidate is in, where they came from (internal, referral, sourced, agency), what role they're interviewing for, and feedback from everyone involved. Also, the "reminder" buttons to nudge interviewers to submit feedback is helpful when you're trying to make decisions on multiple candidates and move through process efficiently.

Cons

One of the major flaws that we're hearing repeatedly is from our agency vendors, who cannot see or track any candidates they submit after they've been submitted. They have no way of knowing who they've already inputted or what their status is, much less gather feedback from our internal teams, without using another way to track it all (which defeats the purpose of an ATS from their side). We've voiced these issues with our Lever rep, who said they've been hearing this complaint often and are working to make changes in this area. Great to know that they actually listen and take feedback to heart.

• Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

HIGHLY FUNCTIONAL; PROVIDES WHAT IT ADVERTISED

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

Pros

Lever provided us with simple solutions to our problems. Candidate tracking and assessment are indeed easier with Lever. It manages resumes and applications sent. It can also schedule interviews and inform the interviewee through email. It does simple tasks but it works. Lever allowed our team to ease the choosing and categorizing process of applicants. It showed us better choices and the management of possible skills we need for our company. It gave us in-depth chances to filter out the applicant our company needs more.

Cons

Lever needs to provide new features and update their current ones. The features need more efficiency and polishing. It seems like Lever needs a more thorough filtering process and filtering options. Our team picks our top 10 applicants from Lever and it would be better if we are really choosing the best.

Mikell T.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Straightforward to use, super helpful support

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Pros

We implemented Lever at our six-person robotics startup with no dedicated HR staff. The interface has been easy to use and we were up and running very quickly - the only real challenge for us is knowing what we want to do with it; once we have a goal in mind, it's usually very easy to figure out. Lever's support services are excellent - our account rep has done some very helpful training for us and has been incredibly responsive when we've had questions - and the online resources have been great reference material as we bring new people on board and get them using it as well.

Cons

It'd be great if it supported some features linked to suggestions about increasing the diversity of your pipeline (for example, being able to hide name/gender and ethnicity-identifying info before the resume is widely reviewed). Would also be nice if it was possible to promote the automatically published LinkedIn jobs, rather than having to post them manually (though I imagine this is as much LinkedIn as it is Lever). I'd also love a feature to prioritize people in the interview queue so that the person doing all the interview scheduling can work accordingly.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Gets the Job Done and Customizable (If You're Willing to Pay)

Reviewed on 2020/03/08

Overall, Lever does what you need it to do when it comes to an ATS. I would recommend it for small and mid-sized companies; large companies would do better with a more established product that can handle robust amounts of data and customization.

Pros

After their latest update, Lever is pretty simple to use for beginners. Anyone who has used a different ATS system before - i.e. iCIMS or Greenhouse - will be able to use all of Lever's basic functions with ease. Furthermore, you can work with your customer support partner to add on customizable options that fit your organization's needs, although you will likely need to pay extra.

Cons

Lever does have some quirks. For instance, for whatever reason, you cannot insert linked text into the body of an email. It also has a lot of pop-up boxes that suggest fairly unhelpful tips frequently. Furthermore, in the newest version of Lever, you have to be careful with candidates applying to multiple roles (called "Opportunities" for whatever reason). It is really easy to reject/advance a candidate in the process for the wrong "Opportunity" if you aren't paying close attention and/or used to the way Lever used to function.

Great functionality - could have better customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Love the software, could use a little better CS.

Pros

Love LEVER! It is an amazing ATS for our company. The software is organized and easy to use!

Cons

CUSTOMER SERVICE: horrible! There is NO phone service available for the customer service team, and that is insane. When asked why... The rep let me know they are "too busy now" to speak on the phone.