Cerner Ambulatory EHR

3.6/5
3.5/5
3.6/5

• Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Good EHR software for hospital documentation

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

My overall experience with Cener is pleasant. I used a different EHR before Cerner, and most of the staffs at my hospital can agree that Cerner is better.

Pros

My hospital switched to Cerner over a year ago from an old EHR system. At first, it was a little confusing because it was different, but everyone ended up liking Cerner. They had staffs on-site for over a month who provided the staff with useful information. The layout is simplistic and the documentations are easy to find. Cener also has the capability to be linked up with the glucometers so the result will be imported into the system automatically, which we had to enter manually before Cerner

Cons

For the purpose of my job, I don't really have any problems with Cerner. While I do not find it hard to use at all, I had older nurse colleagues who struggled with it initally.

Medical software at its finest

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

I have been using Cerner Powerchart for over four years and still consider it the best medical software. I find the layout to be easy to navigate and extremely user friendly. Unlike so many other software, you dont have to click through tons of boxes to complete a simple task

Cons

I really love this software and struggle to find cons. Occasionally when I click on the software icon the software doesn't load and occasionally when I'm using the software it freezes and I have to close it and reopen.

Vijay
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

WORSET Support you will ever find. If I open an urgent ticket I am luck to see a fix in 2...

Reviewed on 2022/11/07

Providers complain constantly and my experience with their present support is horrible . I wish we had stayed with Meditech

Pros

When you 1st start off with Cerner they send you their A team but after that you should expect almost no support as that team in Bangalore has minimal training and seems to be stretched so thin that they only respond on one day a week, then they pass your ticket from one team to another. If you complain they seem to slow the process more

Cons

Non existent support. Example: opened a ticket for the addition of the new COVID boosters. We had the product but for them to add the product to the system they need to wait for their drug data suppler (MULTUM) to add it to their dictionary. That happened last month. I had to prod them since I could wee the product on the hospital side. Now I needed the careset to be created (an order set that takes care of the documentation and billing). I’m still waiting more 2 months since we got the vaccine

PowerChart: A robust EMR system, but not easy to learn

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

Pros

The software is customization to some extent. It can help to ensure that clinical staff are filling in all required documentation, which is nice from a coding and charging perspective. It makes sure that all the required sections are filled in that are needing to bill something.

Cons

It is not an easy program to learn. It also can take a significant amount of time to chart things if your staff is used to being able to write their own notes.

Gets the job done!

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

All in all it's a good product and I am able to get my work done.

All in all it's a good product and I am able to get my work done.

Pros

This program, for the most part is easy to navigate. The layout is fairly simple to follow. I am usually able to accomplish what I need in a days work without worrying about the system booting me out or freezing up.

Cons

I don't like that there are several different ways to do one task. This can make training new hires very difficult and easily confused.

Ok EMR

Reviewed on 2020/06/28

Cerner allows my organization to chart for patients securely.

Cerner allows my organization to chart for patients securely.

Pros

Cerner has uses for every teams dicipline and it certainly does it's job for patients electronic medical chart.

Cons

Cerner's interface is clunky and things seem to be scattered about everywhere. Getting use to utilizing Cerner takes a while, and finding where information is put can take some time.

Not a fan

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Pros

This software is functional but time consuming to get the hang of.

Cons

This software takes forever to learn and even after having used it for a year and a half I still think, where did I chart that one tiny detail that one time? It's just not as intuitive as other software I've used. In others I felt like it prompted me to fill out and chart on a patient using a checklist. This one you just have to hope you remembered you charted everything and am commonly triple checking before leaving for the day.

Sometimes difficult to navigate

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

PowerChart is a comprehensive electronic medical record powered through Cerner. Results and notes can be seen immediately after being posted and is available to all caregivers that have legitimate access.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to navigate the software. I think the tabs and notes can be better organized for ease of use.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Better for nurses than for lab

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

Easy to access all areas of a patient's chart. All physician reports and scanned reports can be retrieved in one area.

Cons

You can change your view of results from table to group, but it must be done each time you log in rather than maintaining settings. Also you can't permanently close plans to view only orders.

• Industry: Higher Education

PowerChart

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Can be used on most days for routine purposes; would not use it on a larger scale

Pros

Has most features that one expects from a EMR; has features like electronic order; laboratory view, Xrays

Cons

Cannot handle a huge load of patients. Very difficult to use cerner for research purposes especially when one has to extract data

Ashley

Efficient EMR program; User friendly!

Reviewed on 2020/01/17

My specific department is a centralized scheduling group that oversees all surgery scheduling for the organization. In one day we typically talk with/schedule over 300 patients. This means that we have to be able to quickly access and review a patients chart prior to scheduling their procedure. This used to include many clicks and time - We are now able to do this very quickly and efficiently. (Hence why our group is able to handle all surgery scheduling for the organization)

Pros

Implementing Cerner has been nothing but a positive experience and we have continued to find ways to improve our program to benefit each department within our clinic. Patients have also experienced the increased efficiency since implementing Cerner - This has been our biggest win!

Cons

Currently our program does not interface with all pharmacy scripting programs and Dragon dictation software that many providers like to utilize. We are working with other programs & have workaround workflows in place to address this but will be working more closely with representatives from Cerner to ensure this is not an issue with necessary interfaces going forward.

Scott
  • Industry: Medical Practice

I would avoid this product

Reviewed on 2023/05/31

Poor. I expect more from EHR that we pay over $7,000 a month for.

Poor. I expect more from EHR that we pay over $7,000 a month for.

Pros

Easy to use and functionality were very user friendly when we first purchased produce.

Cons

No customer service at all. Takes months for them to respond. They constantly update the software weekly and it changes setting and moves things around make your work flow more cumbersome. When you request for setting to be changed there is always an additional charge or fee associated with it and it takes months to make the changes if at all.

chrys
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Cerner PowerChart -An EHR system easy to use, HIPAA compliant and efficient in your charting

Reviewed on 2022/07/04

I have had a very positive experience with Cerner PowerChart. It was the first EHR system I used when our hospital system transitioned from paper to electronical medical records. It was easy to learn and easy to navigate, making daily charting a breeze.

Pros

I like Cerner PowerChart because it has features that allow me to compete my patient orders, including e-prescribing, note writing, lab reviewing, patient search, all in my fingertips

Cons

Some versions of Cerner PowerChart don't have all features and capabilities activated, so different hospitals' versions have limitations, for example in searching for medications in an concise and efficient manner

Leslie

Solid EHR, that is multi functional for clinic and hospital

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

I would recommend to a hospital with an ambulatory clinic as it helps keep information flowing between the two systems in an accurate manner

Pros

All areas are basically the same so using this product for ambulatory as well as hospital and emergency provides ease of use. Many other facilities use this product so that is helpful in sharing of information.

Cons

It is expensive. There were some issues with our build and the billing does not work as well as we had hoped.

Alex
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Excellent for patient tracking!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

The best software I've used for tracking patient's history and orders. It helps me accurately organize and make sure all radiology orders performed for selected patients are attached to their specific radiologist reading tests.

Cons

The only difficulty that I came across with at the beginning was finding reports and documents for patients when they were requested. With some training this task becomes pretty easy making this software absolutely useful!

Rohit

Cerner review

Reviewed on 2022/08/04

Pros

Cerner is very user friendly when starting off with using EMR for the first time. Less complicated as compared to other EMRs.

Cons

No cons about cerner so far. Needs better integration like Epic for care everywhere and getting records at a single place.

Rachael

Cerner as EMR

Reviewed on 2019/06/08

Overall, it is a pretty intuitive EMR. It was easy to adapt to. It covers all the important aspects an EMR should have.

Pros

I like the note templates it provides, and that it allows you to create your own personal templates and smart phrases. The medication reconciliation feature is also helpful especially for admissions.

Cons

I wish some features were easier to use including patient assessments and I's and O's.

Sara

Antipsychotics and Interventions

Reviewed on 2016/09/21

We started on Powerchart in Feb 2015. At that time our antipsychotic rate for residents on dementia was at 15.8%
With the use of the behavior tracking and the interventions in PowerChart we have successfully reduced our antipsychotics to 4% !

Pros

I really like the Behavior Eval/Intervention sections. With the use of Results Review you can see what was documented and what intervention was used in a report form to use in your Psychotropic Meetings.

Cons

The only thing I would say is a con is that there is no "Other" or free text box in the behaviors to choose or track something more specific.

Rebecca

Cerner

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

I have worked at many hospital systems, and Powerchart LTC is by far the easiest, most up to date, and simplistic software I have used. It makes sense, allows the provider/RN to be as detailed as they want, and it is easy to navigate.

Cons

no con's. I love Powerchart and I hope my hospital always uses it.

Ernest

Great program for patient review

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Overall powerchart has been useful to me in the healthcare setting.

Overall powerchart has been useful to me in the healthcare setting.

Pros

I like the ability to review patients medical history, encounters with all health care departments and status updates

Cons

I do not like the repetitiveness when entering documentation on patient care for Physical therapy. At times the connection is poor.

Arpit

Very reliable covering all of the aspects of EMR

Reviewed on 2017/08/16

Pros

Easy customization and integration with third party tools, amazing customer support. customize macros and auto text feature available in Powerchart

Cons

Enhancements are sometimes time taking and is also very expensive. Since it is very thorough solution, so geting complete knowledge sometimes takes too much time

Jonathan

Easy to Navigate for Inpatients

Reviewed on 2019/09/02

After just a handful of uses, I felt comfortable with Cerner

After just a handful of uses, I felt comfortable with Cerner

Pros

My group switched to Cerner and I find it much easier to navigate than my old system. I find this comparable to EPIC in terms of easy to use and reliability. Everything is nicely organized and very well put together.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this other than the cost of the product is not the cheapest

Ashley

User friendly

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

This is a great EMR. I could view multiple encounters, have multiple patients open at once, and print out reader friendly versions of charts.

Pros

I liked that it was user friendly and intuitive. I had a basic training and was able to figure most of it out by myself.

Cons

The customer service was lacking. There was little available online in terms of support and i couldn’t find a phone number to call. This was especially frustrating as I worked overnights.

Daniel

Customizable Electronic Chart

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Pros

Lot's of customization options. You can build your own page and pull from different sources to create an all in one page for easy patient assessment.

Cons

It can definitely be overwhelming at first to use and there are some little idiosyncrasies you need to know. Once you get familiar with it, it's smooth sailing. But you may need to write down instructions for some things because certain things are not very intuitive.

Lyn

Useful, lots of features

Reviewed on 2019/07/27

Pros

It is user friendly and highly customizable. Easy to streamline all pertinent info on electronic health record.

Cons

Sometimes too much navigation is required to get to the info you need. Menu options can get a little disorganized as well.