Zingtree Reviews

Zingtree

Build your own question & answer style troubleshooters

4.4/5 (92 reviews)
David F.

Awesome Software - Amazing Time Saver

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Immense reduction in response time and time spent per customer. Customer issues are solved in at least half the time now because of this software.

Pros

This software has saved us so much time going back and forth with customers. The step by step breakdown allows our customers to provide all of their information ahead of time and cut down on the amount of emails that have to be sent. Our customers are able to answer a series of prompts that we can see in our system. It greatly reduces how long it takes for a customer issue to be resolved when time isn't being wasted on countless email correspondences. We are now able to answer more customers and faster because of this software and has reduced our overall response time. I would highly recommend this software to anyone dealing in customer service where troubleshooting has many different variables.

Cons

The one downside to the software is that it can be time consuming to set it all up. This gets easier as you get better with it but it can be a little difficult at first when trying to create a tree for your customer service. The other downside is that it is a little difficult to navigate on the back-end when you are integrating it the software.

Deanna W.

Good end user experience, bad backend experience

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/06/28

The ZenDesk integration is key.

Pros

The end product is easy for our agents to use. Looks nice and functions well. We chose Zingtree above other platforms because of its integration with ZenDesk. Great customer support too!

Cons

The UI for building the decision tree leaves a lot to be desired. There needs to be a blend between the Thumbnails View and the Simple View on the Overview part of the site when you are in the backend. I need to be able to see all of the text that is on the Node (which is shown in the Thumbnail View) and where each of the nodes links to (which is only shown in the simple view). It makes no sense and I have to switch back and forth between the two constantly. The Virtual Designer is also TERRIBLE and I had to write out each of the nodes on sticky notes on my wall to make any sense of this thing after it got to a certain size.

There is also the issue of the history of the decision tree in the ZenDesk integration. It only records the answers and not the questions so it's basically USELESS for the next agent who looks at the ticket. It would also be great to be able to automatically input the history as an internal note in ZD.

The pricing for the customer-facing decision is so cost prohibitive that we scrapped the idea altogether. Pay per click does not work.

Response from Zingtree

Hi Deanna -

We've posted a major update to Designer since you wrote your review. It's a lot easier now to manage your trees in this tool.

Also - the Zendesk agent app does indeed display questions and answers.See the summary of the Zendesk app (and the History view screenshot) on this page:

We're continuing to improve Zingtree based upon our customer's feedback, and in general your comments are really helpful.

Bill

5.0/10
Isaac W.

Overall my experience with Zingtree has been great.

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Zingtree helps our agents provide consistent support to our customers and allows them to easily follow complex processes.

Pros

While the software takes a little while to get the hang of, the customer support is great - love the super fast response from the leadership team. When I point out something that's broken, it gets fixed usually in 24-48 hours which shows that Zingtree really values it's customers.

Cons

I wish there was a little more customizability with the Zendesk integration - for example, I wish it had the ability to automatically appear on the screen for agents when a specific category was selected or when a specific type of call came in.

Response from Zingtree

Hi Isaac -

The Zingtree Agent Scripting app for Zendesk can automatically select a tree based upon the Brand field, or the value in any custom field.

If you are using a screen pop software with Zendesk, then that may need to set the fields, but otherwise this is an integral part of Zingtree's Zendesk interface.

Happy to work with you to get this part in place...

Emanuela F.

Very helpful tool to ensure consistency across customer experience

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

consistency of our users verification process which was previously completely based on tribal knowledge

Pros

guides agents to make the correct decision, consistent customer experience, enforces processes and policies

Cons

1. not very clear reporting 2. would love to be able to customize more what agents see 3. would be great to be able to have different trees for different teams instead of having to create a tree of the trees for agents to select the right path depending on their role

Jessica P.

Easy, convenient, helpful

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

As the Training Supervisor for a company I get wide range of benefits from the use of Zingtree. From the classroom, to the floor, and finally continued education there is benefit from Zingtree along the whole way.

Pros

I love the smooth user friendly interface. The flexibility in creating job specific trees. The complete ease of use for a wide variety of agents. It takes a lot of guess work out out of difficult systems.

Cons

The development of existing trees can be a little hard at times. Especially when the tree is very large. It is very easy to get "lost".

Quick, efficient, great training tool. Downside is it can be sometime glitch y.

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Compliance is 100% improved from this time last time. There is another huge bonus in that it has reduced the time required for our team members to understand and use the script. However there are numerous communication issues it has with salesforce that create major issues in the pitch and flow. These mistakes while easy for me to identify are not easy for team members to fix.

Pros

Ease of use for team members. Great scripting tool for compliance. Greatly reduces on boarding time.

Cons

It can be glitchy and screens can lock. Not frequent but creates disruptions for team members.

4.0/10
Doug S.

Positive from every perspective!

Reviewed on 2018/06/23

Pros

Platform is EXTREAMLY simple to design, implement, manage and scale. In the rare case we had a question, the support team responded very quickly to provide assistance. The team is also very eager to help solve new business problems by adding new functionality to the platform. We are designing new trees across our organization to drive processes optimization.

Cons

Honestly, cannot think of one. Each time I `think that feature would be nice to have, the team points me to the solution.

Rachelle G.

Very easy to set up. I wish there were a few more features.

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up new trees. There are also a lot of customizable settings. When employees are added to the zingtree admin list, it is easy for them to also figure out how to use the system. When changes need to be made, it is easy to do so and changes are reflected immediately.

Cons

Setting up training simulations is not easy. Wish there were more options for multiple choice and scoring. I do not like how only one user can be signed in at a time.

7.0/10
Yogesh S.

Love it! Use to create comprehensive trees to assist support teams

Execution Accuracy.
Operational Efficiency
Improved resource utilisation
Improved experience for our support teams.

Pros

ease of creating content
integration with Wordpress - which hosts our knowledge base.
Extremely professional Technical support . support team come back to me in few hours not days.
Seamless purchase
I recommended a feature and they had the technology but they hardened it very quickly. So Webhooks is a great addition.

Cons

cost. could be more economical.
If your tree is very complex with hundreds and thousands of moving pieces - you've to build your trees 'outside' of zingtree . I use workflowy instead and then circle my way back to Zingtree.

Brooke P.

Zingtree was just what we needed for our call center to troubleshoot!

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Easy to use, easily customizable, great for new hires and scripting alike!

Pros

Great for new hire training as well as existing employees scripting! Zingtree has added many new features and functionality upgrades over the past year that have made wonderful improvements.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while to get someone to respond when you submit a question or enhancement request through customer service or tech support but they always to respond and help out as they are able!

It is pretty easy to use and customize.

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Pros

Made my life easier in terms of conveying directions to end user. Very user-friendly for both end user and development. The interface is relatively easy to navigate and has tons of application in our line of work.

Cons

As the product is easy to use. The interface is not really complicated and pretty straightforward. And based on what Ian using the product for, I have nothing negative to say about the product.

Crystal I.

Make Your Own Knowledge Base

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/05/31

Pros

We used Zingtree as a knowledge base. What a great way to create "interactive" help for consumers. Zingtree makes it easy with multiple ways to build. There is a bit of a learning curve, but not much. There's so many things you can do with Zingtree, the possibilities are endless. Good for ANY industry.

Cons

We had to move away from Zingtree because of the cost. You have to pay per click...there was no way to IP filter, etc. As our business grew and we became more successful, the cost of Zingtree went up. It just wasn't a viable option for us, but Zingtree was so nice when we told them we were moving away. We sung their praises from the rooftops! A great product that I continue to tell people about today. :)

Morgan A.

Team is really available to help and they are knowledgeable about their own system and integration

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Pros

It's easy to use. As stated above, the customer support is helpful when setting up your trees. The system overall isn't bad.

Cons

Its hard to make anything look professional without custom html and css. Maybe add more customization or drag and drop capabilities for customers with less technical background

Lasse B.

Easy to use with ALOT of advanced possibilities.

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

More fcr, easy internal and external help center

Pros

The easy go to approach. It is easy to get going and there is a lot of guides and inspiration available + good support!!

Cons

It could be more advanced with possibilities to do more but that will possibly mess with the easy go to approach for new comers.

Beka W.

We use Zingtree to manage the steps and script of a multi-step direct marketing campaign.

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

The ability to build and manage the steps and scripting of a huge campaign while preserving a simple end-user experience has greatly improved the organization and efficiency or our direct marketing efforts.

Pros

The end user experience is great. We use the Zingtree publishing link for an employee to easily navigate to what he needs in a very complicated decision tree.

Cons

We would love easier options for importing from our CRM so the merge fields could be easily populated.

Sabriena V.

Great experience! It's super affordable and works great!

Reviewed on 2018/06/24

Pros

I like that it is super customizable. I can make it look like pretty much anything and can tweak it to fit my different departments.

Cons

It's super tedious to edit when you get tons of nodes. It's complicated to update and find one thing if your tree is massive.

Tim B.

A standout product that does exactly what it claims to

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

The clean look and feel as well as the ease of use. This product and the reporting are fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Cons

Times out too easily and lose changes which is frustrating. This appears to be an intermittent issue but one that needs addressing.

This is excellent and easy to learn. Great flexibility for implementation. Great product.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Used to set up interactive trouble shooting guide to capture tribal machine and maintenance knowledge, and this worked great. Feed back email great feature to correct/add information to trees.

Pros

Easy to learn and setup with flexible implementation techniques to make the presentation of each screen unique. Great support to help resolve any issues. Working on Interactive In-house Trouble Shooting Guide, and great place to capture tribal knowledge.

Cons

Had to get a separate software to put videos into trees due to IT firewall of facility. Has to have access to internet to work, or pay great price to put in isolated version.

Melvin D.

Great product...Extremely flexible tool for the contact center environment.

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Ability to improve quality and onboarding of contact center staff.

Pros

It's flexibility and reliability is what makes the product stand out from similar applications. Would recommend it to ay company that requires a flow three solution.

Cons

The form aspect of the tool could use a little improvement. We would like to be able to more easily create forms and transmit the data to our data warehouse.

Alexis G.

Zingtree was the perfect solution for an interactive troubleshooting walkthrough tool.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

Zingtree's backend interface is extremely intuitive and user friendly. U.S. Boiler has been able to easily and accurately create troubleshooting walkthroughs for U.S. Boiler products. These walkthroughs are utilized by our customer base. The troubleshooting scenarios are easy to update and allow us to embed videos and imagery to better demonstrate how to solve certain issues.

Cons

The only issue I've experienced with Zingtree is the sizing of imagery. My images were not responsive to mobile devices. However, I did reach out to a representative of Zingtree and my problem was promptly resolved.

Laura B.

Easy for Beginners and Advanced Users

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Pros

I really appreciate the ease in updating and editing existing trees. I can easily preview my changes before I commit to the new information.

Cons

I don't like that it is sometimes difficult to navigate the changes in font, size and parameters within a node. I would like to be able to copy information and have the formatting stay consistent.

Ryan W.

A great tool for helping our customers

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

We were able to automate the debugging some of the most difficult issues we face with our customers.

Pros

I love the flexibility of how you are able to put all kinds of data/images/videos into the steps you present. The drag and drop tool for building out the flows is quite nice too. It can be a bit clunky from time to time, but overall it helps out great.

Cons

I wish the intercom integration worked a little better. I don't really think I've ever been able to successfully make it function for us, but i may not have been doing something right. This also ties into the hosting options, which while it works, was a little clunky to set up too. Overall though we love the tool and its saved us lots of time

Jennifer F.

Just what I was looking for!

Reviewed on 2018/12/23

I’m really happy with the features, quality and pricing. The support has also been immediate and thorough

Pros

We have reduced our ticket volume by 70% and made it easier for customers to get answers on their own, which is the preferred way to troubleshoot

Cons

I would like to see the ability to add images to buttons, without having to use code.

Mathieu S.

Good product, with many upgrades.

Better support quality for our level 1 SD

Pros

- Easy to use (Admin and agents)
- Many new feature added the last 6 monthes
- Easy html customization

Cons

- Complex trees can be long to load (in visual designer mostly)
- Can't copy tree question from a tree to another tree, you have to open question and copy paste the content

Eliot G.

Great training tool for customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

I started to kick the program around to see how it worked. The setup was so easy that within 3 hours I had built out a substantial training tool that covered 99% of all decision tree items involved in servicing customers.
What made this extremely easy to use was that I could easily identify decisions that ended up with incomplete endings.
All of our employees now use this to train before engaging with live customers

Cons

As a high volume call center, this slowed down our existing agent productivity. We only use it for training and during the probationary period when learning and precision of message is more important that quantity.