FMX

Optimize your facilities and maintenance operations

Patrick
Patrick
  • Industry: Accounting

FMX is a great solution for us

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Very pleased with the system and it's a great value for the money.

Very pleased with the system and it's a great value for the money.

Pros

All in one system, Tech Support requests, Building Maintenance Requests, Calendaring all in one place makes it easy for the end user to navigate and our team members to keep track of everything.

Cons

I wish we had more control of some of the fields and could label them with our internal lingo.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Patrick!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! It's great to hear that you're a fan of FMX and that it's working well for Rowland Hall. Your feedback helps us discover new opportunities to improve our product and make sure you have the best possible experience.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions and/or feature requests at any time. We are always happy and ready to assist!

Thanks again for writing this wonderful review, and for being such a loyal customer! We look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

Alyssa
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Good & Bad

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

Over all it is very user friendly, the customer service and walk through on the whole system was made very simple and explained very well. There are a few things that the development team is working on that would be great to see in the near future.

Pros

It is very user friendly. When maneuvering around the system.

Cons

Some of our pricing did not get captured for old work orders.
A lot of people are having an issue with the reporting and tracking of the system.
We would also like to see batching. As in being able to move several pcs of equipment to a new department instead of doing one pc at a time.

Desmond

We have been using FMX for the last 2 years and overall it was not very intuitive. Too much...

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

It was a favorable product. Except for the resolving of the tickets and filters for reporting.

Pros

Very secure system. Even though we could not get our staff/users to use the software. Not too much to say wasn't a good fit for us

Cons

Not very intuitive. The user experience was at times challenging. We had a few models that we never got around to use.

Thomas

Smooth Sailing

Reviewed on 2023/10/31

Communication with end user.

Communication with end user.

Pros

Areas of identification.There are it seems endless ways to identify the problem and location to explain what is wrong or needed.

Cons

What's not to like.I have used many facilities maintenance programs and have not found one that is as easy to integrate or train staff on

Jeffrey

I Love FMX!

Reviewed on 2023/07/06

I was a customer at another position at another church and sought them out as soon as i came to The Heights Church to get back on line with rhem.

Pros

I really like the ease of use. Anyone can use this software with minimal training involved.

Cons

The level of communication between Facilities and the requester is fantastic. It breaks down the need to communicate verbally thus eliminating drop in communication and human error in this.

Mike
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Easy to use and organize CMMS

Reviewed on 2023/05/01

It has helped me maintain and keep an organized routine of work flow where it causes less stress when knowing when things need to be done.

Pros

Logging PMs and work orders as they would arise really helps keep the work flow organized. It was easy to integrate the areas of our facility to establish our system for our facility. The FMX staff were very helpful and positive. Fast to respond and resolve any request or question I had.

Cons

When making "due date" changes to the work orders, the email notification that is sent to the instigator does not state that in the email. It only says that a change has been made. That causes the person (who put the work order in) to question what is going on with the work order. that generates more down time to have to go back and explain what the changes were. It would be nice to have the email notifications to state the changes that are made to the work orders.

Dawn

Time Saver

Reviewed on 2023/04/26

FMX is saving me so much time with scheduling facility rentals and facility use.

Pros

The platform is simple to use and navigate. They were able to customize a module for our employee travel requests which has been very helpful. Hands down, the BEST part of FMX is their customer service! All the way through the process, from planning to implementation to going live, I was treated with kindness and respect. Almost weekly, I have questions, or I need help with something and their support team replies within minutes and helps me resolve the issue. And not only do they help resolve the issue, the teach me how to resolve the issue on my own if I need to in the future.

Cons

Our custom module for our Travel Requests has glitches that I'm constantly reaching out to the support team to help me with.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

The system is easy to use and to retrieve the reporting from the system that I use.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

The ease of operation, we can enter a work request and have it go directly to our crew's cell phone without having to go to their office or the Foremen office to retrieve a work request.

Cons

You have to enter into all of the building systems so it can retrieve the information on the equipment the technicians are working on.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Kevin!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use!

I would like to learn more about your current process with buildings and equipment. I will be following up with you shortly so we can discuss this further!

Thanks again for writing this review and for being a loyal customer! We look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

Troy
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

FMX Review

Reviewed on 2023/10/26

Pros

The ability to manage all service events and keep track of upcoming service events.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about the FMX platform

Ajit
Ajit
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Look no further

Reviewed on 2023/04/26

Pros

Easy to set-up. Intuitive. Impeccable customer service.

Cons

Could sport more modular entities. The layout is not very flexible.

FMX is very easy to use with great customer support!

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Ease of use and simple interface with a great deal of capability makes FMX a great choice at all levels.

Pros

FMX is very intuitive requiring little training and has a lot of great functionality. We really like the ease of calendar administration (dragging and dropping) versus having to reprogramming schedules. The calendar also offers a lot of flexibility with color combinations which work great for us to identify request types and status at a quick glance. The ability for basic users to just send in an email and directly transferring that into a work request really has opened up the system to sporadic users and is a real game changer for us. No need to remember passwords and worry about request types and location names for people who use it once a month! This has really improved the system adoption at all levels, not just with our facilities team. The Customer Success Team at FMX has been outstanding and have gone out of their way to make sure we understand how the system functions and work through our individual requirements. Definitely one of the best I have worked with through MANY software rollouts. Luckily FMX has been so stable that we have not had to test emergency support. Overall it has been a great experience switching to FMX.

Cons

There is some cumbersome functionality with users, confirmations and notifications in our work flow but the FMX team has been great at addressing and looking for solutions. Since we are not using all the features available many of the stock reports are not too useful for us but FMX has helped customize some things and I am sure we will work through more reporting as time goes also.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use and customizable calendar!

Please continue to reach out any time to our support team regarding any issues you might be experiencing with your FMX site, and we would be happy to assist you!

Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Danielle

FMX: The Game Changer

Reviewed on 2022/03/11

My experience with FMX has been exceptional. Their implementation was seamless and their training is top-notch. They are very responsive any time I have questions or need assistance. They are wonderful in not only responding when I need help, but they always provide screenshots or offer to have a live call so I understand exactly what the answer is to my question. This approach allows me to learn so I can do things for myself in the future. I have used four different CMMS in my career and FMX is far superior to the others.

Pros

FMX is a great fit for our district because it is completely customizable. We are able to capture the information we need to be successful when requests are submitted so we can plan our work and show up prepared and on time. FMX has been able to offer solutions to help us better manage our workflow. We also benefit from the detailed dashboards and custom reporting features. There is never any guessing about the state of our work and what we have accomplished.

Cons

One feature I would like to see enhanced is the inventory order request. We would like to have real-time inventory data for all items in stock and available on the inventory order screen so requesters know how many of each item they are able to order, taking into account how many are on the shelf and how many items will be required to fulfill all existing open orders.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Thank you, Danielle, for your feedback. While FMX can show real-time inventory levels and allow users to request inventory items, we know each organization's needs vary. We would love to take some time to sit down with your team and learn more about how FMX can address your inventory needs now and in future product developments.

Daniel
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great program. Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

Implementing FMX was very easy. FMX staff were quick to answer any questions that came up during the process. It's been a powerful tool that has helped us to be more effective and efficient in our work.

Pros

We were able to replace two pieces of expensive software, scheduling and maintenance programs, with one service that was as much as one of the programs alone. And not only was it cheaper, FMX is very user friendly. Some of our less tech-savvy users were able to pick it up quickly, so we didn't experience much if any lag time after a short training session. In addition, the change over to FMX was super easy with the import function, and any changes to make the data fit our campus were easy to do in house with the tools in FMX. Also, the reporting features and the ability to export past data to a spreadsheet let us examine our use over the past year and analyse how we can operate better next year.

Cons

Having the ability to tie into Building Automation Systems (namely HVAC and door control systems) would be very helpful. FMX may be able to do that, but it's not part of the basic program. You'll need a custom module.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Daniel!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you're such a fan of FMX!

In your review, you mentioned that you'd like to see FMX offer a building automation system for your HVAC and door control systems. This is definitely something that we can do, and we'd love to chat with you more about it! Your customer success manager will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss this option further.

Thanks again for taking the time to write such a great review!

Brian

Excellent Notifications

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Great system with good customer service and training.

Great system with good customer service and training.

Pros

The ability to set up automatic notifications for almost all action triggers makes this product a true workflow master. We have a facilities team of ~20 staff. They access automatic email notifications on their phone, use the links in the email to go straight to their tickets, update, resolve and close the tickets, all on their own phones. Our customer satisfaction for maintenance issues is excellent.

The hosting service for this product has been very reliable. The user interface is intuitive. Standard import templates are included and easy to use, allowing us to organize on spreadsheets all our data and easily import to GoFMX. GoFMX has made our jobs easier.

Custom fields and forms allows us to create custom request types for any use.

The extra modules besides maintenance requests offer some great workflows as well. We will be looking into using the scheduling module soon.

Cons

You cannot customize the interface. The menu buttons say what they say, you cannot change them.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Brian!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! It's great to hear that you're a fan of FMX, especially the email notifications feature. Your feedback helps us discover new opportunities to improve our product and make sure you have the best possible experience.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about the Schedule module. We are always happy and ready to assist!

Becky
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Set it so you don't forget it!

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

FMX has helped us to organize different types of requests, inventory, and maintenance. The staff is always helpful, quick to respond, and they offer customizable support. I have often been offered more than one way to work through an issue and that shows me that my customer support is really looking out for our growth, not just getting a task done.

Pros

I appreciate the way I use this system to manage so many different facets of daily work.
These are a few of my favorite things:
1. I don't lose information, the ticketing process is helpful, clear and easy to use.
2. I can drill in super specific on details and usage or I can keep a wide focus, therefore meeting the needs of many different projects and management styles.
3. There is room to grow, it doesn't just meet the needs of where you are today, it is also ready for the future growth.
4. The staff - I know that isn't software, but the fun training videos they post and they way they engage the user is important to how much I enjoy using the software as a complete experience.

Cons

That I can't use it at home to manage my family.

Matt

FMX In K-12 Education

Reviewed on 2020/01/16

Overall, I'm very happy with FMX. I chose this product, I designed the use cases, and while it is not as fully-featured as I'd like as my role in IT, it does the job admirably.

Pros

What makes this product appealing is its simplicity, and ability to bring together all the disparate ticketing queues into a single product, while still maintaining separation of those queues. Being a school, we are a large multi-campus environment.
For facilities maintenance, which is the key target audience, the system is purpose built as a ticketing system. It's not an high-end system, in that you won't be loading in electrical schematics of your buildings and tagging geolocations of power points, but as an operational software package it's ideal.
With the framework of your campus already in the system, adding in an IT Department ticketing queue, and subsequent custom queues makes good sense.

Cons

This is a ticketing system with inventory and asset management.
It is NOT a hyper specific IT helpdesk, nor a hyper-focused Facilities Management tool, as I mentioned in the Pros section. It does what it does VERY well. If you are looking for something beyond an tool for running operationally, this may struggle.

Marcy

FMX Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

With my permission, FMX has had potential customers call me for my review and honestly, it really is a great software and service.

Pros

FMX is a collaborative program easy for School and Community to see schedules. It prevents double booking, it's a full-service program for scheduling, price acceptance, invoicing and collecting, it keeps everyone in the know from Administrators to Custodians to Community.

Cons

We have a lot of Community use and the calendar got very busy, making it easy to miss events. However, FMX has Customer Service that could write a book about Customer Service. I reached out to our Rep and was given directions on how to work through the calendar. Anything you need, any questions, or suggestions have been sincerely welcomed by the FMX Staff.

zachary

Best company Investment

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Nothing but positive, especially when it comes to productivity.

Nothing but positive, especially when it comes to productivity.

Pros

The number 1 PRO to this software is how it cuts your time spent facilitating, scheduling and organizing requests for you team in half. I spend 50% less time using FMX because of its easy to use platform to complete tasks than our company's previous ways. It is great!

Cons

Report update time. I wish reports were in live time. Sometimes when I look at an inventory report it states updates as of 18 hours ago, at certain times I need 100% accuracy and do not think we should have to wait for it to update that infrequently.

latina

pleasant

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

Ease of use and user interface

Downtime Calculation

Reporting dashboards

Can integrate multiple service departments and have user autonomy

Cons

Don't like the "hard-coding" of request type colors because if a task is delinquent, it will never change color. Would prefer code to allow for "request type colors" to change to "state colors" if task(s) goes delinquent.

Would prefer a guide/library on what "features" mean and allow regarding user levels

Inventory calculation isn't as start forward

When request is placed on "hold" how is time calculated once request is taken off "hold"

Enhance filters with in planned maintenance module down to "type" when displayed on calendar

Allow for filters on calendar to display service request module and planned maintenance module down to "type"

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Latina!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are happy to know that you find the FMX software easy to use!

I'd like to learn more about some of your desires for the software, so I will be reaching out shortly to discuss this further with you!

Thanks for being such a loyal customer; we look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

Gabe
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Great Easy to Use CMMS!

Reviewed on 2023/04/26

Our experience so far has only been positive. It has definitely increased our productivity by providing updates in real time, reducing data entry, and automatically scheduling work orders.

Pros

The calendar view was one of our most sought-after features. The drag and drop makes planning and scheduling work orders so much easier. Inventory management was also a feature we enjoyed. We like the ability to attach printable QR codes to our inventory items for our users to scan pull up an inventory item's history. (Asset management also has this incredible feature)

Cons

We have seen some issues with mobile version of FMX. Users have had issues with zooming. They also had issues with their phone turning off and losing progress on a work order that wasn't saved or completed yet.

Bradley

Facilities Scheduling Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

I would be remiss if I failed to mention how spectacular their customer service is. Every single time that I've reached out for assistance, they have promptly gotten back to me and done so with a gracious attitude. I've actually emailed them to tell them that they are by far the most responsive vendor that I've worked with.

Pros

The schedule request module is terrific. Being able to set up approval queues, notifications, recurring events, and more have made facility scheduling much more streamlined. Plus we can export the event data for display on our public website, and we can even automatically import our athletic schedules from an outside service. In addition, their import templates are ridiculously easy to use!

Cons

Occasionally, a feature may require a few more clicks than what seems necessary. But overall, that's a pretty small complaint.

Chad

Good Value for Money

Reviewed on 2020/01/17

FMX has enabled us to solve work flow tracking on our maintenance tasks. FMX has also helped us streamline our vehicle allocations through the transport request module. FMX has also helped us on our compliance with being able to ensure compliance related tasks are being done on time and then archived for easy access during audits.

Pros

Its easy to use and setup. It has a lot of features to fit many needs in an organization. The support is fantastic and they can assist in anything. It is very customizable and overall fairly easy to administer.

Cons

Not many cons, the largest one for me is there are a few areas that we just cannot customize to our liking, so we have learned to use the system the way it is. FMX is always making updates and improvements, so I expect some of these small specific changes I would like to see will be fixed in the near future.

Kathy
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Used for 1+ year

So much potential

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

The ability to put multiple departments into one system is great. Once you figure out how to use the features, it's great. Once I submit a ticket, the updates I receive are in real time and allow for conversations to be held back and forth through email, rather than having to go into the system each time to post/review an entry.

Cons

This could just be how my company has it set up, but the time frame given for something is simply not in real time. We have our facilities system integrated into FMX. We have our thermostats controlled by our facilities team. We have to submit a ticket through FMX to get a room temperature adjusted. It puts the ticket completion date out as 2 weeks from submission. Granted, it doesn't take 2 weeks for a room temperature adjustment to be taken care of but it can be a little disheartening to those new to the system.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Kathy!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! It's great to hear that you're a fan of FMX. Your feedback helps us discover new opportunities to improve our product and make sure you have the best possible experience.

In your review, you mentioned that the completion date for your thermostat adjustment requests is set to two weeks out from the submission date. We would love to help you set this up so that you don't have such a long gap in time! Someone from our support team will be reaching out to you shortly to assist you with this!

Once again, thank you for your support!

David
  • Industry: Facilities Services

I find the system to be quite valuable for reports and easy for staff to use.

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Ease of work requests and scheduled PM's.

Ease of work requests and scheduled PM's.

Pros

It is really simple to educate someone on how to use the software. In addition the customer support help has allowed us to easily modify everything for our needs.

Cons

Still wanting to apply the bar code reading of each piece of equipment and have the PM for that exact piece of equipment come up.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi David!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use and helpful customer support!

We appreciate your feature request for connecting QR Codes with Planned Maintenance tasks, and I will make sure to keep you updated on this request moving forward! It's requests like these that help us to continuously enhance our software!

Debbie
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Great customer service team to work with whenever issues arise or with new enhancement requests

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Not having to hand write each work order myself.

Not having to hand write each work order myself.

Pros

Faculty and staff can enter their own work requests or event requests so all I need to do is minor revisions.

Cons

The inability to manipulate text such as underline or bold. Work requests are geared more for technicians receiving work requests via email when our technicians do not have that capability.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Debbie!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are so happy that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to our helpful customer support team! In regard to your request for underlining and bold-texting your details in your work requests, I would be happy to pass this along to our development team, as we are always looking for ways to better improve our software! In the meantime, if you would like to learn more about how to create special characters like this in your work order custom fields, I would be happy to schedule a meeting with you!

Thanks again for writing this review and for being a loyal customer. We look forward to continuing to work with you!