FMX

Optimize your facilities and maintenance operations

Fred H.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Perfect for K-12 Public Schools

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Pros

K-12 Public School Departmental Supervisors typically have multiple, disparate systems for Technology, Maintenance, Grounds, Transportation, Facilities Reservations, and inventory. FMX brings all of this together in one easy-to-use portal.

Cons

There doesn't really appear to be any cons, especially considering the experience I've had setting up and configuring other helpdesk portals.

Jennifer K.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Very easy to use, excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

We mainly use FMX as a facilities maintenance request and project request software. Overall, we love the ease of use and the customer service.

Pros

Very easy to setup, easy to use without much training, and excellent customer support. No user account limitation. Set yearly cost.

Cons

Since this is a software for facilities, having floor plan option is quite necessary.

FMX is very easy to use with great customer support!

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Ease of use and simple interface with a great deal of capability makes FMX a great choice at all levels.

Pros

FMX is very intuitive requiring little training and has a lot of great functionality. We really like the ease of calendar administration (dragging and dropping) versus having to reprogramming schedules. The calendar also offers a lot of flexibility with color combinations which work great for us to identify request types and status at a quick glance. The ability for basic users to just send in an email and directly transferring that into a work request really has opened up the system to sporadic users and is a real game changer for us. No need to remember passwords and worry about request types and location names for people who use it once a month! This has really improved the system adoption at all levels, not just with our facilities team. The Customer Success Team at FMX has been outstanding and have gone out of their way to make sure we understand how the system functions and work through our individual requirements. Definitely one of the best I have worked with through MANY software rollouts. Luckily FMX has been so stable that we have not had to test emergency support. Overall it has been a great experience switching to FMX.

Cons

There is some cumbersome functionality with users, confirmations and notifications in our work flow but the FMX team has been great at addressing and looking for solutions. Since we are not using all the features available many of the stock reports are not too useful for us but FMX has helped customize some things and I am sure we will work through more reporting as time goes also.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use and customizable calendar!

Please continue to reach out any time to our support team regarding any issues you might be experiencing with your FMX site, and we would be happy to assist you!

Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Michael B.
  • Industry: Higher Education

It has been excellent, any issues that I find are resolved in a timely manner

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

I am able to efficiently and easily keep track of work orders and planned maintenance and track costs associated with both.

Pros

I am able to efficiently and easily keep track of work orders, planned maintenance items and other requests. I can track costs, both for parts and for man-hours for specific types of maintenance and run reports to see what we are spending the most time and money on. We can use the reports to streamline our processes and predict what equipment may be failing sooner than later. The other thing that is done well is the customer service. There are constant improvements based on customer feedback and whenever I come up with a one off suggestion, FMX has always been helpful in coming up with solutions that allow me to implement what I want and most of the time allow me to make additions myself without having to rely on them to change the format of the system. It is very user friendly.

Cons

Some of the filtering options don't allow me to limit very specific things on the calendar setting. This may only be an issue in our place because of how we are set up, but I can't filter maintenance requests and planned maintenance items per user at the same time. I have to do one or the other. This is a basic issue that we can work around.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Michael!

Thank you for taking the time to write such an outstanding review for FMX! We are so pleased to know that you are such a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to tracking work orders, costs, and worker hours! Thank you for continuously helping us to grow and enhance our software with your feature requests! We will definitely look into these filtering suggestions and keep you updated on any new features moving forward!

Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this great review. We look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

Alejandra M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good for Property Management that has on site engineers, maintenance, etc.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

I learned to use through a job that I had gotten and I learned fairly quickly how to handle the site and how to use it to its maximum capacity.

Pros

This product allows the Tenant, in my example, to input their own work orders or maintenance request. They can write what kind of problem they're having and submit photos/files with their request. it allows you to be able to fix a problem without having to actually speak to the person reporting the problem which can lead to escalating a simple maintenance request to an angry customer/Tenant. You can send messages about progress and log on to see what the progress is for your problem.

Cons

If you don't have an email address you can not use it because it is all based online, some tenants may be of older age and may not necessarily work off of emails or depend on them so it is important to make sure that all or most of your customers will be able to use it as well.

Response from Katie

Hi Alejandra!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are so happy to hear that FMX gives your tenants easy access to submit maintenance requests from the convenience of their computer or smart phone.

In your review you mentioned that users are unable to access FMX unless they have an email address. I wanted to tell you that we do have some solutions for this that would allow everyone, with or without an email address, to access FMX.

I will be reaching out to you shortly through email to provide you with more details regarding these options!

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We look forward to working with you!

Katie Zwick

Norman M.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great Product, Company and Support

Worker efficiency
Cost efficiency
Accountability
Structure

Pros

We choose this product because despite the times we live in we still have some employees that claim to be computer illiterate but with FMX there really isn't any excuse. You either can read or you can't. Every thing is pretty much straight forward. I would say that the cost efficiency would be the second highest pro to this service. We receive a lot for our money and they have been quite generous.

Cons

Really need a mobile app. Also would love to be able to control when to send emails; having an email go out every time there is a change in the request can become very annoying to the requester/follower which then creates this culture of disregard toward fmx emails.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Norman!

We really appreciate you taking the time to write such an outstanding review for FMX! It is so exciting to know that you are a fan of FMX!

I would love to know more about what features you are looking for in an App, and I will be in touch shortly to discuss this further!

In regard to your request for more control over when emails are generated when it comes to work requests, I would be more than happy to pass this along to our development team for further review! Thank you for the suggestion! It's information like this that will help us to continue to better enhance our system and give you the best FMXperience possible!

Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this great review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Marcy D.

FMX Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

With my permission, FMX has had potential customers call me for my review and honestly, it really is a great software and service.

Pros

FMX is a collaborative program easy for School and Community to see schedules. It prevents double booking, it's a full-service program for scheduling, price acceptance, invoicing and collecting, it keeps everyone in the know from Administrators to Custodians to Community.

Cons

We have a lot of Community use and the calendar got very busy, making it easy to miss events. However, FMX has Customer Service that could write a book about Customer Service. I reached out to our Rep and was given directions on how to work through the calendar. Anything you need, any questions, or suggestions have been sincerely welcomed by the FMX Staff.

Tony B.

Great program to keep track of schedules, transportation, and work requests for my school...

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Simplification to the 4 areas that we run through the software. The best part is I can approve when I am not at my desk. Under the old paper method, everything sat on my desk until I returned.

Pros

ease of use, keeps track of work request and progress/completion timeline. Almost everyone in my organization finds it easy to submit a request in one of the 4 modules we run.

Cons

At times, sends to many emails, but the enhancements over the past couple years has allowed users to edit this preference to a level that they are comfortable with.
If I am doing a list of building use requests, I have to open each to approve. Wish I could click on the ones I want to approve, click approve and then approve all at one time, and not individually.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Tony!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your experience with FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use! It¿s great to know that you have found the enhancements over the past couple of years to be accommodating to your needs, and we will make sure to always take your requests, such as these, into consideration as we continuously work to enhance the FMX software! We will keep you posted on any new features!

FMX has greatly streamlined our facility operations .

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

One centralized platform that can be used for the facility and transportation operation of the district.

Pros

The fact that it is a one-stop platform for all of the stakeholders in our organization to use. It replaced about 4 other pieces of software and pulled our whole facility management tools together in one program.

Cons

There isn't a lot that I don't like. Maybe that at one point there were a few changes made that weren't communicated as well as they should have been but the good customer support team helped me to figure those changes out quickly.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to streamlining all of your facility operations!

As we are consistently updating and enhancing the FMX software, it is highly important to us that you are always aware of all of these updates and enhancements! We would be more than happy to make sure you are on our monthly email list so that you are guaranteed to receive this information each month! If this is something that you would like to do, please let us know and we would be happy to take care of this for you!

Zachary P.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best company Investment

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Nothing but positive, especially when it comes to productivity.

Pros

The number 1 PRO to this software is how it cuts your time spent facilitating, scheduling and organizing requests for you team in half. I spend 50% less time using FMX because of its easy to use platform to complete tasks than our company's previous ways. It is great!

Cons

Report update time. I wish reports were in live time. Sometimes when I look at an inventory report it states updates as of 18 hours ago, at certain times I need 100% accuracy and do not think we should have to wait for it to update that infrequently.

Calvin C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

My FMX experience

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

It has made my job more focused. I can now find what I need to do and what I have done in one location.

Pros

It is a tool to keep me organized with maintenance needs and a resource to find assets relating to my job of managing a facility.

Cons

As I say with most any item purchased it doesn't come with the manpower to work it. Being the manager of the software and worker of the tasks I can mold it however I need.

Latina R.

pleasant

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

Ease of use and user interface

Downtime Calculation

Reporting dashboards

Can integrate multiple service departments and have user autonomy

Cons

Don't like the "hard-coding" of request type colors because if a task is delinquent, it will never change color. Would prefer code to allow for "request type colors" to change to "state colors" if task(s) goes delinquent.

Would prefer a guide/library on what "features" mean and allow regarding user levels

Inventory calculation isn't as start forward

When request is placed on "hold" how is time calculated once request is taken off "hold"

Enhance filters with in planned maintenance module down to "type" when displayed on calendar

Allow for filters on calendar to display service request module and planned maintenance module down to "type"

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Latina!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are happy to know that you find the FMX software easy to use!

I'd like to learn more about some of your desires for the software, so I will be reaching out shortly to discuss this further with you!

Thanks for being such a loyal customer; we look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

David M.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

I find the system to be quite valuable for reports and easy for staff to use.

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Ease of work requests and scheduled PM's.

Pros

It is really simple to educate someone on how to use the software. In addition the customer support help has allowed us to easily modify everything for our needs.

Cons

Still wanting to apply the bar code reading of each piece of equipment and have the PM for that exact piece of equipment come up.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi David!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use and helpful customer support!

We appreciate your feature request for connecting QR Codes with Planned Maintenance tasks, and I will make sure to keep you updated on this request moving forward! It's requests like these that help us to continuously enhance our software!

Debbie R.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Great customer service team to work with whenever issues arise or with new enhancement requests

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Not having to hand write each work order myself.

Pros

Faculty and staff can enter their own work requests or event requests so all I need to do is minor revisions.

Cons

The inability to manipulate text such as underline or bold. Work requests are geared more for technicians receiving work requests via email when our technicians do not have that capability.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Debbie!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are so happy that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to our helpful customer support team! In regard to your request for underlining and bold-texting your details in your work requests, I would be happy to pass this along to our development team, as we are always looking for ways to better improve our software! In the meantime, if you would like to learn more about how to create special characters like this in your work order custom fields, I would be happy to schedule a meeting with you!

Thanks again for writing this review and for being a loyal customer. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Mike D.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Great Service and Great Product!

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Our establishment is a church and school and there are some aspects of the maintenance that need to be detailed and others as simple as possible and FMX helps provided the service needed here. The sales team are knowledgeable about their product and have been able to thoroughly answer all my questions. The staff are friendly and able to teach and train well new users in the system. I have had a great experience establishing a new maintenance system with them.

Pros

The ease of use with the system. Given that I have had experience with other systems this system can be as detailed with vast selection of information like larger corporations use to operate, or keeping it simple with not all the details for a "mom and pops" business. It is pretty simple and straight forward for the end users who put in work orders.

Cons

When wanting to view "maintenance requests" filter some of the filters are not straight forward. But after learning the "lingo" of the system you figure it out. FMX is great at reviewing and training when help is needed.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Mike!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for FMX. It is great to have a system that can be suited to your needs no matter the size of the organization and we are so glad to hear that FMX is working smoothly for everyone at Christ the King Church!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns at any time. Our Customer Success Team is always happy to help!

Thanks again for writing this wonderful review, and for being such a loyal customer!

Jessica A.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Great customer care and great follow up. They have so far always helped me with whatever I have needed.

Pros

I love the ease of use. How simple it is to custumise everything and how the software keeps track of so much for you. This software makes managing facilities with multiple locations a breeze.

Cons

I honestly think the worst part about FMX is getting started. Figuring how to change from your current software or system and fitting it into FMX for me was the hardest part. Once I figured it out everything was so easy that honestly I wouldnt go back to our old ways for anything.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Jessica!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for FMX. It can be pretty hard to switch over from one system to another, but we are so glad to hear that FMX is working well for everyone at Community Dental Partners!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions and/or feature requests at any time. We are always happy and ready to assist!

Thanks again for writing this awesome review, and for being such a loyal customer! We look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

Alyssa S.
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

FMX Software

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

Overall my experience with FMX has been great. If there is an issue that I have or anything that I run into anyone of the customer service or technical support team members are ready to assist and normally take care of what is going on in a fast timely fashion. The support has been good/great so far since we have been in transition and even afterwards as well.

Pros

I like that it is easy to maneuver around the site. Also that it is user friendly when it comes to doing the different features that are offered. For example adding equipment or putting in work orders. The customer service as well is a definite bonus. Everyone is eager to respond and help and does so in a timely manor.

Cons

Some cons would be it does not have the ability yet to keep track of some of our information for us. But that is being worked on as well too as an update later down the road. Another con would be that some of the information or parts of the system are a little redundant and could be taken out to make more room for new updates.

Bonnie K.

Makes my job a lot easier

Reviewed on 2021/03/25

I have been working with FMX since we started using the program. I became the administrator when our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] left our district a few years ago. It is very easy to use, and I like the reports I can extract from it.

Pros

I have all the information I need all in one place. I enter all sports activities and practices, along with checking all schedule requests. It is so easy to pull up my FMX calendar and see everything that is occurring on any specific day.

Cons

Not being able to filter requests do just a specific person and request.
EX: Forward all kitchen requests to Food Service Director, but not let her see ALL requests.

Lino S.
  • Industry: Food Production

My experience with FMX

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

I took a bit to create all the planned maintenance tasks for our location, but once we ran with it it has been great having it.

Pros

I like that it captures all the information we need to create our reports which has allowed us to cut down on paperwork significantly. I feel we are working more efficiently by using FMX

Cons

Creating the tasks a custom field at a time

Earl D.
  • Industry: Automotive

Customer support is awesome.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

We are still working on getting individual departments working with the system.

Pros

I like the ability to add links to pictures or other files to individual equipment. I like the way the calendar is setup to look at individual work-orders (planned or reactive.) Ability to add/change employees easily.

Cons

Do not like the inventory section, troublesome and no specific relationship to generate a tracking and inventory control. Nothing for double checking or controlling inventory, specific location is tied in differently than one would expect.
Don't like the "building" separation. We have same building but different departments.
Generating reports is not the easiest when it comes to changing formats for presentations.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Earl!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a fan of the FMX support team.

I would love to chat with you a bit more about your current issues regarding inventory, tracking equipment, and reporting. I will be in touch shortly to discuss these further and hopefully find some solutions!

Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Kim W.

FMX is so user friendly

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Pros

Users can be precise with the information that is needed in the tickets which makes it so easy for our technology and maintenance people to fix the issues the first time out. The product has open response features so you can keep everyone up to date on the status of open tickets.

Cons

After polling our users and admins they have no negative feedback for FMX. The customer service is great although you hardly ever have to call in. This is so user friendly even the different reports are easy to figure out!

Ryan R.

FMX PM Software

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Overall the FMX web based program works for our facility. We don't take full advantage of all its resources but in time, as we grow, we will grow into the uses of the program.

Pros

The software is easy to use, the calendar view is nice. FMX is helpful and they are always exploring new ideas and implementations in the software. The web based program is good and user friendly.

Cons

the reports section is missing some different logs and lists that could be generated for a user. with requests to FMX the wanted reports probably could be generated.

Bart H.

FMX is a home run for us!

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

every module leads you to intuitive, simple procedures for really making a difference in managing facility use, budgeting, and work requests. Also, one training session in our Staff Meeting, and everyone was able to log on and begin using FMX for their Cleaning, repair and event requests.

Cons

Would be a little more handy if an app was available. But it is not to difficult to log on to the website.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Hi Bart!

We really appreciate you taking the time to write such an outstanding review for FMX! It is so exciting to know that you are such a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use when managing facility use, budgeting, and work requests!

Thank you for the suggestion for FMX to make an app for users to download. I would be happy to pass this request along to our development team!

Nancy A.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Facilities Management

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

We manage over 100 buildings and FMX helps us do that. Each of our buildings require different services. We are able to track by building the services and contractors that help us maintain these buildings. If we have an emergency after hours at one of our sites, our management team can log into FMX and find the information needed to get support.

Pros

We like the ease of setup and the flexibility of the product. In a 3 month time-frame we purchased 5 gas stations with C-stores and 3 car wash buildings. We set these sites up in FMX, loaded equipment, identified what is needed for services at these sites. Created their login's for the employees, trained them on opening up work orders and were ready for business.

Cons

They have improved the reporting functionality but it still needs more work. The information is there but sometime i feel like i am getting too much information. it is my least favorite module,

Scott G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Best fiscal and operational decision made this year!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

I've been in educational facilities management for 30 years and can say that transitioning from other well known school CMMS systems to FMX was the best decision I've made, it's so simple for my end users yet so powerful with a lot of features that other software companies will charge as an additional fee or a custom field.

Pros

Ease of install, ease of use by faculty and staff, can assign requests to two or more technicians in different departments, avoids scheduling of conflicting events, less expensive than previous CMMS system used on campus with more modules included, support staff is amazing, inventory control, generates reports that aid in staffing decisions, preventive maintenance module is easy to use and track.

Cons

I have not come across any issues that could not be easily resolved by the great support staff at FMX.