CMiC

Rachel B.

CMiC

Reviewed on 2019/04/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

After several years on CMiC software I would say that it is absolutely the best integrated project management and accounting ERP available. The implementation can be time consuming, but the benefits are definitely worth it. Everyone is up to date with the latest information on our projects, so it makes collaboration a breeze. Our management loves the ability to get real time accurate and detailed reports of exactly what they need to make business decisions. Great company and great software.

Pros

CMiC's greatest contributions to our organization are that it provides a powerful and scalable infrastructure that allows everyone to collaborate, stores all our organization's data and documents in a central location, and has excellent reporting capabilities to analyze our data. CMiC is great at getting our company to collaborate and share data. No more calling around for information or searching through files. We believe that the reports from CMiC are a significant contributing to our organizations ability to make decisions and be successful.

Tip for Success: Taking the time to thoroughly review and understand the settings for each module will greatly improve your organization's experience with CMiC. Don't guess at what the settings do. Try recording the training sessions with your CMiC implementation team, so that you can review it later. Ask questions freely. And be sure sure to join CMUG, the CMiC users group. They have forums, monthly calls, demos, and are a great help.

Cons

The implementation process can be long. The distribution and segregation of the software settings to multiple locations makes it difficult to manage the system and troubleshoot issues. One central control panel would make it much more user friendly.

Alexandra B.

My Review

Reviewed on 2017/11/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Well integrated system overall, but everyone needs to pitch in to make it great!

Pros

- Business Process Integration -
Job Billing module is fantastic from my experience. We can customize our contracts/bills ALMOST any way our users need (with the exception of some change order options).
- Gords passion - Constantly trying to evolve/innovate CMiC to keep up with what people. No one wants users to go and find another program to do something that they feel CMiC cannot do. Mobile and BI are some of the newer things that have kept us from having to explore other options.

Cons

- Performance/Speed is overall a bit slow
- We have BI in our DEV environment. It is on its way to becoming very useful for us, but it's not quite there, but I know it's still being developed. I wouldn't say that it's really the least favorite of mine, just that I am really excited to see what else is coming.

CMiC Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/07

Overall i enjoy using the software not only for change order needs, but also submittals and RFIs' which makes it nice to send notifications through one system and not have to exchange multiple emails.

Pros

I use CMiC on all of my projects and what I like most is being able to arrange different projects and have all the respective subcontractors. To be able to handle all change orders between the owner, the GC and the subcontractors makes the project run smoothly, along with being able to determine what is proceeding, what is pending and what has been completed.

Cons

What I like least is that the CMiC software is very sensitive. There tends to be issues with the forecasting when a change order or Potential change item is posted which can sway the budget and what it actually is.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Serena Z.

A Great Construction Enterprise Solution

Reviewed on 2017/03/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have been using CMiC since 2005 and our overall experience has been very positive. Over the years, the solution continues to evolve and is part of our competitive advantage. When implementing for the first time, it is important to redefine workflows to be consistent with the system so that the
full benefits can be achieved.

Pros

1. A centralized enterprise solution that includes Finance, HR, CRM and workflow as well project management.
2. The collaboration functionality enables us to engage all project participants anywhere, anytime.
3. Integration with other applications such as Plangrid and Docusign.

Cons

1. New releases sometimes result in loss of existing functionality that we have been relying on.
2. Training for new releases is not provided free of charge creating a disincentive to upgrade.

Randy L.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Power with future in mind

Reviewed on 2017/02/17

CMIC is a powerful tool constantly improving. Recent conference displayed mobile, resource planning and the future thereby allowing us to react at our pace. We often lead the pack is utilizing the software suite but have taken a more relaxed state to prepare internal SOPs. We often learn about things from support and customers we didn't know saving us time and money. The past along with the future product enhancements makes the investment worth it and nothing beats an ERP suite for our industry.

Pros

Integrated systems, reliable with plenty of checks and balances. Room for personalization is nice feature thus not being too limited.

Cons

Old Oracle technologies and reliance on Java (can't wait for us to get to ADF and mobile).

Jean M.
Industry: Construction

One system to handle it all!

Reviewed on 2019/08/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It can handle contracts, change orders, billing, payroll, a/r etc.

Cons

Very difficult to learn & I found the training lacking.....

Kaitlyn E.

Kind of a Utilitarian Dinosaur

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

Overall, my CMiC experience has been fine, but I am definitely open to use newer, more innovative software competitors.

Pros

CMiC has a lot of great features and lets you bring multiple tools and functions into one software platform, so it is nice to be able to access these tools in one location.

Cons

With all of the new softwares coming out, I feel like CMiC is not evolving to match other innovative softwares. It can feel clunky and seems more utilitarian than innovative and user friendly.

Greg C.

Cmic feedback

Reviewed on 2017/09/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Three things I really like about CMiC solution:
1. Project management integration with accounting, it's built natively on the same system
2. Possibility for a single source of truth
3. Job billing back up albums

Cons

There is a learning curve with CMIC. Some things are intuitive where as others are not. We are trying to use more and more of the system but get to a point when we have to start customizing reports or we have really good ideas and we have to pay for enhancements.

Jim M.
Industry: Construction

Great software, outstanding support.

Reviewed on 2017/02/21

The software is user friendly and very easy to configure and use. The interface is very intuitive considering the features available.The support is outstanding, from the 24 hour instant chat support to the online videos, manuals, and walk throughs. Answers are seconds away, any time you need them.

Pros

The ease of configuration and the abundance of documentation.

Cons

A few lingering bugs that support is addressing.

David B.

CMiC An Integrated Solution

Reviewed on 2017/11/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

CMiC gives us tools to process data efficiently, generating live and useful reports, and brought our company to a higher level of performance and efficiency. As a general contractor, I feel the software fits our needs and give us room for growth.
* Flexible system allows us to make it fit our needs.

Cons

* Response time from support can be slow
* Many important release are being delayed (B.I, Mobile...)

Tim B.

WT Review

Reviewed on 2017/11/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Whiting-Turner has been live with CMiC for a few years now and I would say that it has resolved our dilemma of managing data within multiple software. In the past we used a 3rd party for Project Management and Accounting and now we can safely say that CMiC has answered that need. We can manage everything that we use on a daily basis with CMiC. The way the system integrates AP with Project Management is a huge win.

Cons

Basic understanding of bid items/billing codes and billing contract can be confusing to many.

Craig D.

Beck's CMiC Experience

Reviewed on 2017/08/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Beck has used CMiC Enterprise and PM for many years. We love the integrated database, strong financial and job costing and the ability to customize when needed.

Cons

Either go all in and really get behind leveraging the power of the system and making improvements needed, or don't use it. If you are only partially committed and keep using other systems at the same time, you will continue to be frustrated.

Gordana P.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy to use software, exactly what we needed

Reviewed on 2015/03/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We implemented really fast. That was a key feature for us. We had ample training, and being a cost cautious company, we were able to get what we needed on budget. There are some really useful apps that you can add onto the software that we are looking to upgrade with. Also, the SaaS model helps a lot by reducing our operating costs. We appreciated being able to call in when we had a question, and the support staff were always available, that's a big plus for us.

Cons

We were a little confused at first about how cloud-computing worked, but our sales person was able to narrow down the benefits and that helped. We were used to working with Excel and hadn't used Accounting and Project Management software before. I think it's not what we liked least, but more that cloud technology is not what we're used to. But we were able to pick up on the differences and benefits really quickly.

Ashley G.

Learning xProjects

Reviewed on 2017/02/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Once you learn how the systems works and remember the steps that are necessary for the task you are doing, then
everything starts to make sense.
At first, I wasn't wanting to let go of the old software that our company was using but now that I've learned and keeping
learning how to use xProjects I'm liking it more and more.

Pros

It's cloud based! That is a huge pro for me, I'm always on the run and going between job sites and it's very nice to be
able to log in anywhere I have the internet.

Cons

The software will error or null when trying to do things...I understand software is going to do that but it gets very
confusing when you can't figure out why or what field was missed.

CMICProd

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

Cmic gets the job done. We’ve been using it to collaborate with our design team and owner reps and everyone has gotten through the initial growing pains of the program

Pros

It is the only software I’ve ever used for project management. I like that everything is in one place from documents and invoicing.

Cons

The software appears to be very outdated and can be glitchy. You may also have to click through 5-7 things before getting to the thing you need.

Rosanne D.

Exceeds needs

Reviewed on 2017/11/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The CMiC support group is great. I can always count on getting my problem resolved

Pros

I have had about 2 1/2 years experience now and I feel things have come a long way even since then. The constant updating and making it easier to see everything you need while in the module.

Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Construction accounting and management software that includes all aspects of the business

Reviewed on 2018/03/18

Pros

I like that this very simple looking software with an old school interface has virtually every feature you need to get the job done.

Cons

It often has these glitches where you input all of your necessary data and recalculate expecting to see the finished product but it doesn't save your information and you have to do it all over again.

Mckinley G.

CMIC Review

Reviewed on 2017/02/17

Transiting to CMIC was difficult at first, but once it was used for a few weeks, it became much easier. Best part is how the field does their daily journals and the ease of use of that.

Pros

How user friendly it is

Cons

How I seem to find all the glitches, but they are fixed semi fast.

Tracey M.

My client found this software easy to set up and get gooing with

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

No specific things my client liked about this software. Still learning the ropes however having things like a blog, support and help that is readily available helps to mitigate any cons that are come across in time.

Pros

Having the financials, field and enterprise planning within one piece of software and one database was a real bonus. Having to have seperate bits of software previously my client found this quite frustrating. He is now quite happy trialing this software.

Bob G.

A system that functions

Reviewed on 2018/11/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I used many software, and I would rather create my own spreadsheets than suffer with this software any longer.

Pros

It combines project management, accounting, and other aspects into one location with one log in. That's really it.

Cons

It is extremely slow, I mean really slow, you can hear your clock tick as the circle rotates. The system is extremely difficult to follow. Terminology is inconsistent, owner billing module is extremely slow and lacks basic filter or shortcut features. I could go on for days.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Joe C.

Cmic Review

Reviewed on 2017/02/17

It's great, specifically it's functionality and from my experience I learned that set-up is key because the ease of use becomes streamlined with your set-up.

Alex E.

CMiC Review

Reviewed on 2017/02/17

New to CMiC, have used other construction management software in the past. There is a slight learning curve but over time becomes more and more automatic. It appears that it can be tailored to your specific needs. Has been able to meet all of the needs any other management software provides. I use it on a daily basis with no trouble.

Pros

- easy to use (after proper training)
- comparable to other similar software in the market

Kristen D.

Not Time-Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/02/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I don't like much about this program, but if I have to choose something, I would say that I like the ease of changing the order on lists such as chronological, by company, by spec., etc.

Cons

It takes a LOT of time to load large pages. If you're looking for a specific item in a large list, it's going to take a while to scroll & load each page if you don't know any keywords to use.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Justin L.

MARANT Project Manager - CMiC Reivew

Reviewed on 2017/02/21

CMiC has created a seamless process for documentation between myself on behalf of the GC and client direct.

Pros

Change order logs are simple to use and track for client and site review.

Christina H.

Project Accountant

Reviewed on 2017/05/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The simplicity and diversity of the software. Accounting functions make processing payments and billing very simple. It offers us the ability to customize pay applications based on clients. CMiC consultants are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

Errors that occur when processing applications. Standard reports that are not available. Sometimes functions do not work. Software is not fast.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10