Glisser

Virtual and hybrid events platform with engagement features

Silviu I.

Best ever received feedback from audience - I'm a Speaker for more than 10 year

Reviewed on 2016/02/02

The presentation software run smoothly, did not had any issues with it.

The organizers were impressed and even asked if they can use it, the other speakers asked also about the solution and envy me. The audience (200 people) liked it, everyone had only positive words. I was impressed of how many interactions I had from the audience and the voting system for questions helped a lot pointing out the best questions.

As first interactivity I choosed a closed question regarding the audience field of activity and this pointed out in real time the exact demographics in the audience (in percentage 34%, 21% 37%, 8%). I could not achieve this with the usual "please raise a hand" question, and helped me position better the information i will deliver during the presentation.

The audience spend some time on the mobile rather than looking at me on the stage. But that was good for the ones in the back that did not have such a good placement compared to the screen because they followed the slide on their mobiles and tablets.

Response from Glisser

Thanks Silviu

Great feedback - looks like you really got the most out of the various features.

Glad your audiences liked Glisser as well!

Megan W.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Review (:

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

We use this program in the classroom to promote in-class participation and it works great. All you have to do is put in the url and you are right in the program following the professor's presentation.

Pros

It's super easy to use. You can download the presentation at the end with whatever notes you made. It allows participation from the audience.

Cons

It's difficult to go back to previous slides, you have to go through all of the ones in between. You are not able to change your question answer once clicked.

Response from Glisser

Thanks for the review Megan!

To go back and find a selected slide, tap the '4 squares' icon in the centre at the bottom, then you can pick your slide.

Happy Glissering...

Lydia G.

Turn a presentation into a dialogue: engaging the audience using Glisser

Reviewed on 2016/01/22

An hour is a long time to be listening to anyone's voice but Glisser completely changes this. Building in the interactive features and embedding video into the presentation meant both the 200 strong audience and I remained engaged throughout.
There were no awkward microphone moments as you waited for the ushers to assist with questions from the audience. Instead, questions are posted in text and better yet, the ability for audience members to like questions meant I could focus on the top ranking queries and comments.
The tech worked seamlessly and the data captured through Glisser means I was able to capture feedback and reach out to the attendees within 24hrs of the event.
I'll definitely be using Glisser again, I could see it working well for anything from a focus group presentation to our annual conference.

Keep up the great work team Glisser!

Response from Glisser

Thanks Lydia - glad the event went well and the data was useful to you and your team.

Hope to see you using us again...

Team Glisser

Sarah B.

Bringing events to life

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Pros

Using Glisser is a great way to engage with our audience and our delegates really like that they can download slides instantly.

Cons

Sadly it isn't optimised for use on mobile phones so that can be tricky sometimes.

Alper A.

I use Glisser to deliver workshop-presentations

Reviewed on 2016/04/22

I use Glisser to deliver workshop-presentations. Not quite a workshop because I am still presenting but certainly not a presentation because I can get the audience so involved. My typical audience size is between 10-20 people and it really helps me create a 2-way interaction.

Q&A is brilliant, I bring up the questions view throughout my presentations to ensure everyone understands what I am talking about and speed up/slow down accordingly. I wish I was able to archive answered questions though without turning on moderation.

Automatic slide downloads also mean that I don't have to bother with the usual end of session email and follow up - anybody who wants a copy of my content just gets it.

Response from Glisser

Thanks Alper

Glad we are a useful solution for you to use, and we hope to continue improving our features and services.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Presentation in its next level

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Pros

The application keeps presentations more lively

Cons

At times the application become non responsive

Response from Glisser

Thank you for the review. As a web-based solution, we always recommend using a hardwire connection when presenting with Glisser. Depending on the content being shared, certain presentations required larger bandwidths than others so using a hardwire connection minimises any delays in content sharing and can prevent any slow loading or crashing. If wifi is the only option, our Customer Success team is always happy to provide insight into recommended bandwidths based on the size of your presentation.

Chris P.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Glisser is a game changer for presentations!

Reviewed on 2017/05/10

I delivered a better presentation experience.
I learnt how to present more effectively.

Pros

The audience don't have to download an app, just go to a browser so they're more likely to engage.
It makes the presentation I'm doing more engaging and interactive.
The upvoting of questions is such a simple, democratic way to ensure I'm delivering value to my audience.
The data I get after each presentation to learn what areas people were most engaged with my talk, what questions people have is so valuable.

Response from Glisser

Thanks Chris - glad it is working out for you

Mackenzie K.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

I liked that students are able to download the powerpoint (including their notes) after the lecture. I also like the polling option.

Cons

I don't like how you cannot continue taking notes on a certain slide once the lecturer clicks through the powerpoint.

Response from Glisser

Thanks Mackenzie

Useful feedback - this is being fixed on our latest release.

- The Glisser Team

• Industry: Management Consulting

I used Glisser for the first time very last minute as we had a large audience to interact.

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

Pros

Despite very little time to learn the program, I found it incredibly easy to use. We ran an event with 150 people seamlessly, the audience gave very positive feedback for the sessions.

Cons

The free trial version would be better if it was full featured for a period of time. Being exposed to the metrics and additional data capture in real use is more convincing than just reading about it as a feature.

Response from Glisser

Thanks for the great review! We've taken your comments about the free version on board.

- The Glisser Team

Mike P.

Using Glisser was a fabulous way to present to engage the audience!

Reviewed on 2017/11/03

Great presentation tool to engage audiences and deliver professional development.

Pros

It was super easy to upload presentations and I loved the features an options to engage audiences like the polls and quizzes. The option to download the presentation at the end is a nice touch and really helpful to delegates attending the presentation.

Cons

There were a few issues connecting with the Google Chrome and Safari Browsers and sometimes the presentation was slow to upload. At the start of the presentation delegates had a few problems signing up as the screen froze at 'Join'.

Response from Glisser

Thanks Mike

Glad you enjoyed using Glisser, and for the positive review.

- The Glisser Team

Sally M.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Professional and easy to use presentations

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

The customer support that we receive from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is excellent. He and the team are professional, responsive and make our large scale presentations easy.

Pros

The Glisser platform is easy to use. It provides a great end user experience too.

Cons

I don't have any issues with the software.

Joanne H.
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Only had the initial training so far, but that was great, very informative and easy to follow

Pros

The product is so intuitive and easy to use

Cons

It would be great if you could make it a secure platform, ie only let those view who you want to

Response from Glisser

Hi Joanne

Thanks for the great review. The feature you mention is coming very soon. We'll let you know when it launches.

- The Glisser Team

Jamie A.

Great for interactive presentations and audience feedback

Reviewed on 2016/04/07

We use Glisser to present live demos, get audience feedback and create more engaging presentations. In short - it just works. Creating presentations is a breeze and delivering them is intuitive. Would recommend for anyone that wants to deliver presentations above and beyond a standard powerpoint.

Response from Glisser

Thanks for the review Jamie - glad you're finding Glisser useful.

Ashli L.

So awesome!!!

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Pros

This was such an awesome tool to use in class! It helped me pay attention and really enhanced my learning of the material. I am so glad we use this!

Cons

I wish that I was able to change my answer after I click the choice. Sometimes I accidentally click the wrong one.

Response from Glisser

Thanks Ashli - great review!

Ability to change poll answers is an optional feature on our paid plans.

Thanks

Reanna F.

WOW

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Pros

I like that it is an easy way to get a classroom involved in active learning.

Cons

I don't like that there is no option to change an answer once you've selected it.

Response from Glisser

Thanks for the review!

- Team Glisser

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Simple and effective presentation software

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Pros

Allows for simple, easy, and effective presentation sharing. Ideal for both business and education.

Cons

There are a lack of experience enhancing features that make Glissr an essential tool for companies and educational institutions.

Response from Glisser

Thanks for the review. Would love to know your ideas for new features!

- The Glisser Team

Rose S.
  • Industry: Online Media

Great text to voice

Reviewed on 2020/04/08

Overall its a great tool and I use it all the time to convert text to voice.

Pros

easy to use and converts quickly worth the money!

Cons

I wish i could convert pdfs to word to edit and I wish the voice reading was more natural . Sometimes it does not convert scanned text to voice.

Femi A.

Great tool!

Reviewed on 2016/04/21

Amazing tool, after trying it the first time I use it for all my presentations now. Plus the data is a game changer in my line of business

Response from Glisser

Thanks Femi - happy Glissering!

The Glisser Team

Live audience polls during presentation!

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

I enjoy how it's capable of doing audience polls during presentations, super handy! The polling system always works great. It is also capable of taking questions from the audience which helps to keep the presentation rolling. Glisser is easy to use and everyone in the audience doesn't have to download the software nor sign up for anything, just need to use the web.

Cons

Everything worked great during the presentations! Nothing to report on the negative side.

Response from Glisser

Thanks for your review - happy Glissering!

- The Glisser Team

Emma M.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Adding interaction to library sessions

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Overall v positive, has assisted me in injecting some more activity in formal settings.

Pros

The ability to package together learning objects and build interaction into sessions - especially in a lecture theatre format.

Cons

Not having the opportunity to link through from URL's included in presentation slides - this makes it a little disjointed (having to open another browser with pre-loaded content), not insurmountable though.

Response from Glisser

Hi Emma

Thanks for the review. The linked content is a great idea and one we've fed back to the development team.

Cheers

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great Interactive Presentation Tool!

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Pros

I liked that the presentation was interactive and allowed us to answer questions in real time to compare with the class.

Cons

I would have preferred to be able to download the entire powerpoint set with the questions and answers after the class was over.

Response from Glisser

Thanks - great idea on making the questions downloadable. One we'll consider

- The Glisser Team

Whitney H.

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

The layout was functional and easy to follow for students.

Cons

The instructor had a hard time with the software, however I'm sure they would get more adjusted to it the more they use it.

Response from Glisser

Thanks for the review Whitney!

- The Glisser Team

Veronica A.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Glisser review

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

My overall experience has been positive. As a student it keeps me engaged with the presenter on my device and minimizes distractions throughout the presentation.

Pros

I liked that the presenter can directly interact with the audience through the presentation. The presentation changes on the audiences electronic device as it is being presented.

Cons

There isn't any way to actually return to the prior slide as the presenter is going through their set.

Response from Glisser

Hi Veronica,

Thank you for the fantastic review!

You're able to go back to previous slides by pressing the '4 squares' icon on the toolbar at the bottom of your screen and then select the slide you want to navigate to.

- The Glisser Team

Sophie T.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Good product for some quick audience engaugement

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

So far we have only briefly experimented with it! Glisser helped us to add a nice energiser to a company day out, and others from the company have considered using it in future client meetings

Pros

I like how the results page allows you to see the results come in live, it definitely feels more dynamic!

Cons

Since we were using this primarily for the quiz side rather than presenting, it didn't feel obvious that you needed to add a presentation first to create a quiz. In the end we had to make 1 title slide and upload it to be able to make the quiz.

Response from Glisser

Thanks Sophie

The ability to create polls, quizzes, etc. without any slides is coming soon - watch this space!

Well done for working out the way we do it now...

- The Glisser Team

• Used Other for 1+ year

Great interactive product

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

It’s interactive with the classroom. The content is able to be saved. You can have polls in the materials. The lecturer still controls the content.

Cons

I do not have any cons about the product.

Response from Glisser

Thanks for the review!

- The Glisser Team