Quoter

Cloud-based quoting for technology service providers.

Brent G.

Best experience out of any company offering CRM or Quoting Software. Great Service and...

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

- Eliminates a substantial amount of time putting quotes together
- Quotes separate out One Time Fees and Recurring Fees
- E-Signature ability built directly into quote
- Custom templates can be put together for specific product line quotes
- Looks more professional than other quoting apps on the market

Pros

We looked at tested out over 30 different companies offering CRM and Quoting Software. Our biggest need was the ability to be able to send a single quote with one time fees and recurring fees on it with a separated breakdown of each charge and product line (one time fee vs recurring). SocketApp was easily the most practical, user-intuitive option out of all of the different software we demo'd out.

There is a laundry list of pros going with this product:
- Easy to configure and use
- Ability to break down one time fees and monthly recurring charges
- Item Breakdown for each category listed below line items (I.E. Phone System Charges, Networking Equipment, IT work, dial-tone, ect.)
- A team that fully supports their product during AND AFTER the sale has been completed
- Integration with Quickbooks
- Created a customized proposal to demo based on the product lines our company uses to accurately portray how it is utilized in a working environment
- The development team behind the product created a custom feature specifically for our business based off of our request
- Amazing customer service
- Non-pushy reps

Having worked on the sales side of the tech industry for 15 years I have worked with thousands of companies in the past. SocketApp and their team were one of the best overall experiences I have had from start to finish. If your company is in the need of quoting software I highly recommend giving this software a shot.

Cons

There's really no cons to speak of. The only negative aspect of this software is that when a customer accepts an estimate from SocketApp and esigns for it and Quickbooks integration is synced the software automatically creates an invoice.

While this may be okay for most companies; we sometimes have waits in excess of 6 months before we can install an agreed upon service. Keeping an invoice open for an extended period of time like that could hurt business continuity ratings. To work around this limitation; SocketApp developed an option specifically for our business for a customer to accept the estimate without having it invoiced to Quickbooks.

Neville D.

Ridiculously Perfect.

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

We have used Socket for over 4 years now. Thousands of perfect, effortless quotes later, we have no choice but to rate this 5/5. If we could rate it higher, we would.
The software is cleverly designed, intuitive, extremely stable and keeps churning out quote after perfect quote, with almost no effort, once the easy initial set up is complete. And when I say perfect quote, that is what it is. Perfect formatting. Never an error on pricing, options, taxes, integrations.
Rock solid software. Rock solid extensive integration capabilities. Be it Quickbooks, Freshbooks, Mailchimp, Paypal, Zoho, Salesforce, and so many more, it is "set and forget".
The team delivers extensive support if it is ever needed, they indeed go above and beyond the scope of their roles. They have improvements on the software regularly, and you can see the effort that goes into the communication and quality of work. Such elegant quotes.
Best of all, it just works. It delivers and it does so silently, and consistently. We recently began accepting payments in USD and we could switch the system to multi currency within a few minutes. Changes to quotes and extending expiry dates take a few seconds. Quotes are sent instantly, and if needed have your clients create their own quotes online. Payment is a few clicks, right on the quote. The list of features goes on and on. Features that we actually use, every day.
If you ever need a quotation system that does a lot more than perfect effortless quotes, is affordable and eliminates any errors that your sales team might make, get Socket. We took a chance 4 years ago, and never regretted it one bit since. I would recommend Socket to anyone.

Pros

Perfect quotes time and again, zero errors. Easy to set up and use. Powerful integrations. Exemplary support.

Cons

None, however we look forward to possibly an App for mobile devices in the future.

Troy A.

Excellent quoting software with capabilities well beyond those of other more expensive options

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Improved sales efficiency and more effectively integrate quoting into your sales process (especially if you use Hubspot). In addition, provides additional strategic capabilities to integrate with your website and include your distributors.

Pros

This is the only cloud-based quoting program that integrates with Hubspot effectively and handles complex products well. Other quoting programs have simplistic product catalogs. With Socket, I've been able to create items/products that can be easily configured. For example, if you sell a product that is like a car and has various optional features to choose from, this quoting software allows you to easily construct those products and make it easy for your sales team to quickly and easily quote. In addition, Socket allows you to give Distributors controlled access to be able to do quotes and you can even connect Socket to your website so a prospect/customer can create their own quote. With the Hubspot integration, you can dump all of the data directly into your CRM for further follow up by your sales team.

Cons

I'm a big fan of the software. No major shortcomings for us, just some ongoing refinements. On our wish list would be to be able to add items to a quote that are listed as "optional" but aren't figured into the overall price total.

Michael H.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

A stellar product with superior support personnel to back it up.

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

Pros

Simple - Intuitive - we look for features that would be even more helpful and come to find out they are already built into the Quoter platform. Can't say enough about [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. There hasn't been a single question our team has brought to her during an appointment that she hasn't been able to answer and educate us further on the platform in minutes. A product is only as good as the support to back it - and Quoter wins on both sides.

Cons

Nothing we can find yet that isn't an improvement on our old software.

Mark M.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Overall great experience with this software & support. It makes generating quotes easy and...

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Ability to easily make fast, accurate quotes for our prospects and customers.

Pros

Customer support! Whenever we've had a question, customer support from Socket has provided us with clear, useful, quick and accurate responses. The Socket staff has been very accommodating to our needs along the way. We feel we can depend on them and they are easy to get in contact with. We also like that the product integrates with our Infusionsoft CRM software.

Cons

It's a little bit clunky as far as doing specialized formatting. It was a challenge to add our tightly formatted standard terms & conditions page to the end of the quote; but again, with Socket's help, we were successful in accomplishing it. They also assisted with formatting a specialized cover page using our logo.

Jack L.
  • Industry: Insurance

Absolutely amazing.

Reviewed on 2016/08/31

Looking for a flexible online quoting solution I researched a lot of options, as most of you would. Socket seemed to have everything I needed, so I tried it out. The response time of the sales and service team was exceptional. And even though I only initially signed up for the low end plan, they treated me like a high end client - going so far as to expand one of the data entry fields because I kinda sorta thought it didn't quite suit me. I have never seen that level of customization and willingness to make change - and they did it in about an hour. I couldn't even get my own IT team to respond that fast to me.

Pros

It does everything I need it to (and more), and is backed by one of the best services teams I have ever seen.

Cons

I honestly cannot say - everything that was not perfect they fixed and tailored to me.

Lacretta J.

Socket is Outstanding

Reviewed on 2018/11/23

I cannot say enough great things about the team at Socket - excellent, forward-thinking product along with excellent customer service.

Socket has truly been a game-changer for our salesforce - it has streamlined our processes and saved valuable time.

Pros

- Deeply customizable for crafting beautiful proposals and quotes via templates.
- One of the best Customer Service teams that I've had the pleasure of working with;
- Extensive integrations for QuickBooks, CRM, PSA and distributors such as Ingram Micro and Tech Data.
- Built-in Esignature and quote acceptance

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike - Socket does everything that we need it to do.

Simon C.
  • Industry: Machinery

Best customer service on the market.

Reviewed on 2017/08/21

Pros

Powerful 2-way integration with CRMs, examplary customer service, professional looking quotes, easy to use (our salesmen love it) and most of all, they listen to the customers to know which features to add next.

Andrew T.

Socket Experience is good.

Reviewed on 2017/03/02

I highly recommend using Socket. The application is very user friendly, cost effective, and the customer service is top notch.
I have worked closely with them and have never been let down. They have made themselves available at moment's notice every step along the way.
Customer service is off the charts...5+ stars!

Oliver S.

Could not recommend this product enough

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

As the business grew we needed something that would be scalable and save us time. Prior to Quoter we were spending lots of time creating quotes from scratch which was very time consuming and didn't feed into any of our systems.

Quoter completely changed our experience and process with quoting which has saved countless amounts of time over the last 2 years. We have recently migrated from ConnectWise PSA to Autotask PSA and the Integration with both products is excellent. The recent release of Optional Items is a great feature which will allow us to upsell items to customers that we wouldn't previously include on the quote. This gives them the option to pick or choose as they require.

The Support has always been excellent when reaching out and we have not had a single incident/outage that I can recall in our time.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and integrates really well with our other systems. Pricing was very competitive compared to other products and a huge factor was the set monthly fee as opposed to the pricing per user which worked out very expensive when comparing other products. We have a handful of users which only create Quotes very occasionally and we couldn't justify spending the large monthly fee other vendors were quoting. Quoter is simple but does the job amazingly. F

Cons

I can't think of a single issue we've had throughout the time using it. It works and does the job amazingly for us.

Gord W.

Socket Streamlines OnLine Quoting and Ordering for GPS Commander

Reviewed on 2012/02/01

GPS Commander provides GPS Tracking systems to commercial organizations throughout North America. As most of our business comes directly as a result of our website at www.gpscommander.com, we strive to make our product and pricing information as accessible and easy to follow as possible for prospective new customers.

The GPS tracking business is ultra competitive, so we believe that having a friendly, accurate and professional online presence is a key to our success. For these reasons, we chose Socket's online quoting software solution for its unique ability to combine professional automated customer quotations with full eCommerce capability.

Socket has become a key part of our business due to its ability to generate and track all of our online quotations and leads, as well as its ability to facilitate online orders. It even integrates to our CRM program for lead tracking. Another key benefit is Socket's ability to automate our recurring credit card transactions each month.

Pros

With Socket, it takes very little time to build custom quotation templates that streamline and automate the process of creating customer quotations. We like the fact that some templates can be publicly accessed while others are privately accessed.

Cons

We really have nothing to complain about in terms of the program, which has been 100% reliable. The management people at Socket have also been very open to suggestions and as a result, we see improvements and enhancements being added each month.

Shannon M.

Awesome product! Very Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

Socket has been awesome to work with. It is very easy to use and easy to import product price books. We are very happy with it and the pricing is awesome for what it can do. the Email tracking feature is a plus!

Pros

The Ease of the Price Book entry. The template works very well for our needs. The support staff has been awesome along the way helping me with the learning curve of making changes in the way we wanted the template quote to look and work for us. The support person i have been working with did a few webinar sessions and we went thru all of our questions and she found a way each time to resolve them during that session. We love the email tracking feature. This was a plus for us.

Cons

I would like to be able to put the website link for each of our products in the excel price book then be able to import them into socket and still have the link be a usable link. instead of having to import, then open each item up, add the link & then save it.

Neal A.

Just what we needed.

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Socket has allowed us to streamline our quoting process by reducing time and providing a centralized place to manage the data. The ability to see quote margins is very helpful.

Pros

Easy to manage product list. Building a basic quote template is a straight-forward process. With just a little help from support, you can create a customized template to produce professional proposals.

Cons

Using the search criteria to add items to a quote requires knowing the name (or part of the name) of the item.

Chad W.

Awesome quoting software

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Must quicker , cleaner, easy to read quotes.

Pros

Socket makes beautiful quotes in minuets. It has a unique ability to give good clear easy to use cost breakdowns between recurring services and transactionable items on a single quote.

Cons

no cons that we have found so far. Would be nice if the dashboard gave a breakdown between recurring and transactionable - but in the grand scheme of things that is very minor!

Jone P.

Quick and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Pros

It is very easy to use Socket for quotes, very straight forward. Also makes it easy for our company to track the process of acceptance and payment of quotes.

Cons

I have not yet experienced any problems with the software. I have only used it for less that 6 months, but I am very happy with it so far.

Cary Y.

WOW! So Fast and Flexible!

Reviewed on 2016/05/17

When we launched our company we were generating Excel quotes with a very loose sign-off process for new customers. After implementing SocketApp, we were able to cut our sales quoting time from 1 hour to 1 minute while creating a more professional and legally binding quote sign-off process. The integration to Stripe has also saved our accounting team a tremendous amount of time. I love being able to control all off the labels and messages that go out. This helps to align the quoting language with our values / terminology.

Ben K.

Socket rocks my sock[et]s

Reviewed on 2012/01/09

I'm a sole proprietor who provides internet services and also sells software licences of different types. By integrating Socket I have been able to streamline sales of these products to a wider audience, augmenting my existing sales channels, with very little effort.

Pros

Easily-configurable and flexible system. Friendly and helpful support. Responsive to customer needs. Transparent policies; no BS. Works well for small players and big businesses.

Cons

I haven't received any Socket stickers or free t-shirt, yet.

Tom S.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

We love Socket - Works Great With Infusionsoft

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Fast and easy to use quoting software that allows up to produce professional looking quotes that we then integrate into a PDF document.
We love the acceptance procedure, Paypal integration is great, as is the link to Infusionsoft.

Pros

We use Socket for our quotes and absolutely love the integration with Infusionsoft. There is a contact lookup feature so when you search for someone's name the Infusionsoft record comes up, and you can apply Infusionsoft tags when the quote is sent and when a customer accepts the quote.

The quotes themselves look good and have all the functionality we need to present a professional document to our customers.

The Socket technical support is top notch.

Cons

Up until now, the reporting hasn't been as detailed as we would have liked, however, Socket is due to release a new reporting dashboard so we are looking forward to seeing what it will be like.

David C.

Easy to use, easy to implement and priced right!

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

We had a huge issue with standardizing on pricing and adjusting the prices on the fly. We were also using products that were cumbersome to change and navigate. I stumbled upon socket through a web search and the pricing initially grabbed my attention then the features won me over. We have been using socket for over three years and extremely happy with the product.

Pros

The initial setup time and template creation is quick and easy. Copying templates are simple, adding items on the fly easy and the summary section of the quote pricing is perfect.

Overall a really easy to use tool that provides great looking quotes.

Cons

The ability to add sections on the fly would be great but not critical. We currently have to create templates based on recipient level and would be awesome to add sections like items.

Dagmar B.

the support is amazing, absolutely helpful and fast although we are in different time zones

Reviewed on 2017/08/27

Pros

My clients get a quote immediately, I have all the contact details and it is connected to my Convertkit, so I am in contact with my potential clients, easy to set up, easy to embed on my website, follow up notes in the system, so we can call them a couple of times and know what we discussed the last time,

Cons

I sometimes need to search for things, when I want to change things, I would like to have a possibility to email all the customers, who did not pay to send an email at once.

Alexis G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Amazing product and even better customer service

Reviewed on 2017/03/18

I can't say enough good things about this product and customer experience!! From the first moment I started using Socket, the team was helpful, friendly, and very willing to teach me how to use socket to optimize my business. The more I use it, the more I like it! There are so many capabilities to this software so the possibilities for tailoring my quotes/invoices are limitless! I'm very happy that I chose socket and am able to use such an amazing product and recieve such incredible tech and customer support.

Pros

There was the so many capabilities which is exciting because the invoices can be very tailored to your business! The invoice itself looks professional and very tailored to each project/proposal, etc!

Cons

Very rarely there are some formatting issues but these get to the solved quickly with their amazing customer support

Nancy K.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Socket Quoting Program Review

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

The cost was minimal per person. Ease of setup was very easy. Day to Day usage from relatively easy.

Cons

Socket has no customization at all. The biggest challenge we found is that each line item would not display its discount. Ex: if MSRP and customer discount was 50% off, it didn't show the cost for that line item. The discount was shown below the subtotal in the bottom of the quote.
So if customers needed line item pricing, they had to do math on the individual lines.

Brittany L.

Great product, service, and response time!

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

I have nothing but positive things to say about Socket. Anytime I have an issue or question, Matt is on it right away with a fantastic response time. The entire product is constantly getting new updates to make it better than the great product it already is. Socket is constantly improving itself for the better and employees are dedicated to delivering satisfactory products. Great software, service, and overall experience. I would recommend Socket to anybody looking for a reliable and professional quote software!

Radndy C.

OUTSTANDING PROGRAM

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Pros

This program is easy to set up and even easier to use. The support from the reps is unmatched. I would 100% recommend this program to anyone.

Doug B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Pleased with Quoter!

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

Been very helpful on support - sent loads of questions, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] can't answer it she puts it forward as a future suggestion. Quick in replying - thank you and well done!

Pros

Very quick to pick up and run with - creates quick and simple quotes that present well to the customer

Cons

Would like to see the margins on a revised quote but this sounds like something Quoter are working on!