Adobe Learning Manager Reviews

Adobe Learning Manager

Deliver personalized learning experiences at scale.

Chantelle
Chantelle

An intelligent LMS Solution for eLearning and Enhanced Engagement

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

One of the major problems that we were trying to overcome was how to deploy our eLearning modules, presentations, and learning plans while still tracking user engagement, retention, and participation all without requiring our own hosted server. Adobe Captivate Prime delivers this solution while providing us with exceptional support.

Pros

The major positive that has Adobe Captivate as our top choice is the wealth of functionality that it comes with. It completely blows the competition out of the water where features are concerned. Whether you want to record training presentations, do screen capturing, schedule notifications and reports, create learning plans, or incentivize your learning modules, prime basically has it all. The program is intelligent in its format delivery allowing our users to change their languages, formats, or playback methods, and it enables enhanced user engagement through offline learning, gamification, badges, bookmarks and revision notes. Unlike other programs, Adobe Captivate delivers for those who want to create an enjoyable eLearning experience.

Cons

Despite Adobe Captivate’s attempts at a more modern user-interface with flat menus and no hidden buttons, the software is not intuitive for those jumping in for the first time. Unfortunately, a lot of the functionality of the software is buried deep within the thick menus and because of the single web page architecture, you need to invest in a lot of time to sort through the program to find what you need. With dozens of buttons and menus, you end up investing a ton of time into experimentation and tutorial reading. This is definitely a piece of software for those who want to use it and nothing else, as jumping in and “going with the learning flow” is not as easy as they make it sound.

Marek

Adobe Learning Manager Review

Reviewed on 2023/05/26

My overall experience with Adobe Learning Manager has been positive. The software provided a robust platform for creating and managing e-learning content. The extensive feature set, including multimedia support and analytics capabilities, allowed me to develop engaging and effective training programs. The integration with other Adobe tools enhanced the creative possibilities and streamlined the content creation process. However, the initial setup and configuration process could be challenging, requiring technical expertise. Additionally, the pricing structure made it less accessible for smaller organizations or individual users. Nonetheless, the overall value and functionality of Adobe Learning Manager were commendable, making it a powerful tool for delivering high-quality e-learning experiences.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about Adobe Learning Manager was its comprehensive set of features for creating and managing e-learning content. The software provided a user-friendly interface that allowed me to design interactive and engaging learning modules. The wide range of multimedia options, such as videos, images, and interactive quizzes, made it easy to create dynamic and interactive courses. The integration with Adobe Creative Cloud tools also provided seamless access to design assets, enhancing the overall visual appeal of the content. Additionally, the robust analytics and reporting features helped me track learner progress and assess the effectiveness of the training programs.

Cons

One thing I liked least was the complexity of the initial setup and configuration process. It required a certain level of technical expertise to properly set up the system and configure the various settings. Additionally, the pricing structure of the software was quite high, especially for smaller organizations or individual users. This made it less accessible for those with limited budgets or who needed a more cost-effective solution.

Vince

A decent product

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Don't need to manage the LMS environment ourselves and is pretty easy to setup out of the box and bring over our existing courses over. SSO is important to us.

Pros

Product overall is fairly easy to use and overall looks visually appealing. It's easy to get it setup and running.

Customer service is good with helping solve problems when there is a solution.

Having APIs available is helpful as well as single-sign-on.

Cons

Fluid player isn't very good. Table of contents doesn't display or navigate well. Player controls are limiting and only good for videos, but not good for Adobe Captivate files where you have multiple slides. You need to create your own "advance to next slide" type buttons within your Captivate files as the player does not support it. Would be good to have the option to disable the native player.

Not having a payment module to sell courses. If there is a course purchase module added, would be important that it has many integrations however.

If you have a lot of courses listed, the "show more results" option is a bit hidden.

Reporting can be better as well.

mahmoud
mahmoud
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

The best in e-learning and team training

Reviewed on 2022/05/24

It is a powerful ability to create different types of e-learning content easily, professional results and very useful for companies to train their customers or if you are doing a specific course, it is good for you and also track reports with a set of dashboard in addition to managing courses, schedules, virtual training and also video record with Audio to create a video presentation.

Pros

It is one of the best e-learning software and tasks can be obtained, completed and managed easily plus it is easy to simulate, add animations and highlight contents. It's easy to navigate and see all my courses. Their customer service team is very helpful and responsive and also the idea of having access to more than one different profile, these perks the truth is that I tested many products for Adobe because of my work as a video editor, and I can say that they are a professional company that makes their customers happy.

Cons

The cost may be high for me whether I work alone or with a small company of two or more because
The program is directed to large companies, in addition to the fact that there are not many templates, and the player window is not on the same page as the slides and elements

Reelika

Great tool for online learning

Reviewed on 2023/05/23

Pros

So many great features that are available to use and provide the best customer experience

Cons

It can be overwhelming to have so many options available

Iain
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Frustrating system

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

Frustrating and I felt lost

Frustrating and I felt lost

Pros

It is very easy to integrate other Adobe products into the LMS

Cons

The 'How to do things' showed things differently to my experience. I attempted to follow the step by step but it was not doing what I wanted it to do.

Learning Pool Platform, Docebo and TalentLMS

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Learning Manager

I haven't, I was assessing it to consider a new LMS for my organisation.
Aaron

Good Start with Room for Improvement

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Overall I'm indifferent with my experience with Adobe Captivate Prime. The product is competitively​ priced but lacks some key functionality my users need.

Pros

Price of the product
User Interface
Product Support

Cons

Lacks some key functionality
User navigation

Blackboard Collaborate and Oracle Taleo Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Learning Manager

Price with the opportunity t grow with the product.
Ayoub

The best

Reviewed on 2023/07/07

Pros

My work is easier with adobe managment learning

Cons

Bugs must be fixed and aupport must be fastwr

Rosie

Good communication improves working performance.

Reviewed on 2023/05/04

Adobe learning manager easy to use and improve my quality of life because of the support t program of the this software.

Pros

It offers access and mobile app support. It makes works easy and fastest to use.

Cons

Adobe can be difficult if the product is not compatible to this software.

Anthony
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Using Adobe Learning Manager

Reviewed on 2023/06/29

It works smooth with our daily training team schedule and allows us to make change when needed.

Pros

I love how the Content creation and delivery: Options for creating and delivering engaging multimedia content, including videos, interactive presentations, quizzes, and assessments.

Cons

Lack of flexibility: An LMS that doesn't offer customization options or the ability to adapt to specific organizational needs and workflows may limit its usability and appeal.

Mikella
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Adobe Learning works, but its pricey and has its flaws.

Reviewed on 2022/08/24

Overall it works solid as LMS software and allows employees to learn via mobile devices - which is our biggest request/need. I think it could be better, but currently, it fulfills our needs. If scores and adaptable elements were saved better I think it would be perfect! We do enjoy using if for our learning platform and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Adobe learning as a portal/service is extremely fluid and functional. We have multiple courses and they are easy to manage and access for all of our employees. They are known as the industry leader and thus they garner more customers than other LMS, but that requires them to upkeep the software and that is a large benefit for us as the customer / consumer. The learning portals do work well and the tests are good when you are navigating them.

Cons

I wish it did a better job of saving test scores/certifications. Sometimes our employees will finish a class but the scores they tested with don't save and they have to attempt again. This is a technical issue we have asked for help with - so they provided a button to submit as support - which was nice, but we still have the issue.

Kelsie
Kelsie

Excellent LMS

Reviewed on 2022/02/08

Overall, Captivate Prime helped us get huge amounts of people trained and certified, and it's a great LMS.

Pros

This LMS is really well-suited to big companies who need to train. We use it for thousands of employees, and it works great. The ability to make Learning Paths, design courses, and pull reporting is so much better than Adobe Connect.

Cons

There were occasionally errors in the reporting, for which we had to open a support ticket with Adobe. Also, the logging in processes is a bit complex and often throws an error for our employees who share a computer.

Mercury

A Very Practical LMS

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

My overall experience with Adobe Captivate Prime was exceptional, that is in the case of developing and publishing courses. My challenge was trying to provide adult learners with a nontraditional approach via online/hybrid that would most effectively increase their attention and learning.

Pros

After exploring a number of LMS's, I found that Adobe Captivate Prime was very practical. If you so happen to be using Adobe Captivate you'll find it very easy to publish your work. In addition, the tabs are clearly identified with all of the functions clearly presentable. Moreover, the LMS was fairly easy to use especially considering the accessible help prompts and tutorials.

Cons

While I loved the flow and crystal layout, I found it to be too boxed in for the clients I was trying to reach. In other words, I needed a bit more engagement and interactivity beyond the software; I desired to engage my trainees in collaborating beyond simple discussion boards and games. I wanted to provide real life experiences that incorporated social media outside of the software. So, while I loved the simplicity and structure, I desired professional coaches and mentors to supplement my trainees with real time experiences.

Juergen
  • Industry: Machinery

Review from Makino

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

With the platform we are able to make training easy available for all our learner and helps to create a learning culture. We can share training between different global platform.

Pros

Easy to use and to understand. possibility to share contents with other platforms. Android and IOS app.
Everything starts with the skills approach. Possibility of different language for one content. No plug in necessary for the player. Reporting module.
Possibility to work with the different roles. unlimited storage space.
Support is doing well.

Cons

Learning calendar is not working well and don't give a good overview about all classroom training planned.
Migration of skills or other things to complicate. No calendar about the utilization of all instructor available .
Calculation of the effectiveness should be different in case L3 feedback is disabled since the L3 feedback does not make sense for the most of short online courses. In the view of the courses as a admin or Author we need filter to separate classroom training from online and courses shared to you or shared to others.

• Used for 2+ years

Perspective of a light user

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

It gives me what I need to make video recordings of trainings and demos at a much higher quality than a recorded webinar. Once you figure out the quirks, it's easy to replicate the steps from project to project.

Pros

We use the Captivate suite for elearning development. My use is primarily limited to creating training video recordings to achieve higher quality than simply recording a web conference/webinar. From that perspective, I like the ability to create video demos and edit them to remove my hesitations and other hiccups. With a simple USB microphone, the audio quality is very good, and the ability to do basic editing meets my needs. I like being able to easily create multiple mini videos and combine them into a larger project.

Cons

There are a lot of options - it can be a bit much if you are muddling through on your own. There are a lot of external learning resources available, however. I also wish that it was a little more straightforward to edit individual video files after you've brought them into a project. I find that the graphic capabilities (creating title slides, for example) is a little clunky, so I usually just end up designing those in power point and exporting them as jpeg images for the Captivate project.

Andrew
Andrew
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A modern LMS with some standout features

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

Easy set up and smart rules
There are several smart rules which can be built into ACP which allow automatic assigning of teams, courses and learning paths when someone is created or registered in the system. Other LMS’s provide this, but the way this is set up in ACP is intuitive and smart. It drastically cuts down the time needed to get people up and running on the LMS and will save the time that LMS administrators would usually take setting people up.

Offline Content
ACP seem to have done this better than any other LMS I have trialled. The ability to download all course content and use the system offline, while still experiencing the system as if offline, is a superior offering from ACP.

Publishing from Adobe Captivate
We already use Captivate to create our eLearinng content and publish our SCORM compliant training packages. Having a system that allows us to publish quickly and easily from our eLearning authoring program to our LMS saves time.

Instructor role
One unique part of ACP is having a dedicated instructor role which allows training instructors to log in and manage all of their training activities. Other LMS’s have this but tend to be quite complex. The way a user experiences this in ACP is simple and easy to use.

Cons

The software is a little pricier than other LMS's out there on the market.

ZAiN
ZAiN

Established Brand, Polished Product.

Reviewed on 2023/02/19

Training at employees convenience, offline, online on any device.

Training at employees convenience, offline, online on any device.

Pros

Learning content is easily accessible, online, offline device independent.Easy integration into current CMS & LMS systemsWorks well in the Adobe ecosystem.

Cons

Can be a bit costly, however you get a quality product with an established ecosystem

360Learning, LearnDash, LatitudeLearning and iSpring Learn

LearnDash and Blackboard Learn
Don
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

THE WORST ADOBE APP KNOWN TO MAN KIND (Captivate 2019)

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

The worst program i have used in 32 years of full time graphic design.

The worst program i have used in 32 years of full time graphic design.

Pros

Firstly, Ive been a full time graphic and digital designer for 32 years. I have used Adobe products from their inception. I love Photoshop, In-Design, Premiere Pro, Illustrator and use them all daily.

CAPTIVATE
Absolutely nothing - Adobe should be embarrassed to have your name on the splash screen!!!

I did a 2 day course about 2 weeks ago and even the instructor reported its 'bugginess"

Cons

Really - where do I start.

What's the point, you haven't replied to my actual bug reports so I won't bother here.

I've been working full time on a 215 slide presentations and Captivate crashes, it's slow to respond to inputs and your "responsive" Fluid boxes display completely inconsistent result.

Honestly it's shit and unfortunately, I have to live with it daily.

Fix it!!

We pay good money from you to have it, so make it work.

Maxwell
Maxwell
  • Industry: Libraries
  • Used for Free Trial

Adobe Captivate Prime LMS review

Reviewed on 2018/08/25

It is a modern LMS with great features, reduces set up/course upload and deployment time and takes off much of the burden of tracking and user engagement from the content owner.

Pros

The market for LMSs is consistently on the increase, with evolving needs based on the end user and other factors in between. Most platforms have evolved but this is especially true with the UX experience for Adobe Captivate Prime. I find that captivate prime has most of the current market standard features plus more. From features such as setting learning paths for students to others such as reporting, gamification and user tracking etc.
I found the set up easy enough, even as a new admin user and was able to load content within a few minutes. I was especially impressed with the simple interface that reduced the platform learning curve for me and the course set up/deployment time.
I think the option to break down a course content upload to three sections (core modules, prework modules, and testout) is a great feature. Although a little more work, this would improve tracking and provide more detailed usage data/student interaction with the modules.
I also liked that it has gamification elements available for use for individual or group learning.
On the pricing module, I like the flexibility to add and remove users on a monthly basis, which is ideal for selling subscription-based courses.

Cons

I would like to see a pricing module targeted at educational institutions as there currently doesn’t seem to be one. It is unfortunate that it seems only targeted at corporate institutions at this point.

Dan
Dan

Poor support, sales pitches, beware...

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Horrible experience, I don't recommend for any business. We got sold on sales pitches then uncovered surprise after surprise of things that weren't properly explained to us. Some things we were flat out lied to about, like the it having quiz functionality. The Clarix and Adobe reps are awful with their support and knowledge of the systems, took us 6 calls to find out the SSO won't work on Google, the Adobe rep was 30 minutes late to a call. Such a waste of time and money and I'm amazed how they've been able to sell a platform with so many missing key functions and lack of expertise. We are getting out of our contract before we even launched it. Save yourself and avoid this headache, don't let them fool you as they did us.

Pros

It looked pretty, it sounded great, and appeared to have all the tools we needed. It has a decent UI for learners.

Cons

No ability to create standalone quizzes or questions you must buy licenses to their auth tool, worst customer support I've ever dealt with, poor management of course visibility, cannot create 'versions' you must add new LO and deactivate old LO, cannot utilize their webinar function completely without buying licenses to Adobe Connect, no drive to learn our business and help us strategize the LMS to our business, SSO cannot be setup with Google, users cannot have more than 1 custom role.

Nadeemur
Nadeemur
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Very easy to use and navigate in Adobe Captivate Prime

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

Its simplicity is amazing. I like that new comers can easily navigate in it. Adobe products have very good interface including this software. The awesome thing that I like is that you can customize courses as it suits you. You can gather analytics, it is very helpful. There are amazing tutorials which are very helpful to learn.

Pros

Adobe Captivate Prime is simple software. It is very easy to use and the best thing that I like is that learners can easily navigate and see the learning calendar which helps in scheduling course while training. The analytics in Adobe Captivate Prime is helpful. You can customize courses according to as per your own wish.

Cons

Installation process was quite difficult for me. It must be made easy. Other problem is the pricing of this software. I don’t like the pricing. According to me it is very expensive. The mobile application is not customized properly. I think that it needs a lot of improvement. Apart from these issues I find this software very good.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Not as relevant in higher ed...

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

The biggest problem is we are not a business- as an institution of higher education we needed the product to function like an LMS and provide granular details about student performance, which we were not able to achieve. It was very confusing to have so many different versions of content that we were not able to delete out.

Pros

- easy to add SSO
- Clean interface
- Customization of announcements or news items for particular cohorts
- Ability to use badging

Cons

- Content can never be deleted
- Limited granular data
- Limited to no ability to create content within the system
- Limited ability to customize any kind of restricted release system

Emily
  • Industry: Design

Outdated

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Was using it for a class and local business for creating teaching modules. Not only was the program a pain to use but it was not as efficient as I would have liked and have come to expect from Adobe products. If they would put more effort into keeping it updated and more like the programs offered in Creative Cloud it could be an exceptional product. However it is not at all.

Pros

Easy to create own template and customize the overall look of modules.

Cons

Outdated widgets, broken links, overall unsatisfied with the entire program. Over priced and does not let you cancel at any time without charging you a ridiculous fee. I could go on and on about how things did not work but this is a waste of my time because the program is the worst Adobe program I have ever used.

James
James
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

For the expert!

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

This tool is one of the more complex authoring tools and takes a lot longer to master than other tools. However the Accessability features make it a must for all users.

Pros

So many features.
The responsive nature within publish.
Accessability features for disabled.
Screen recording and mp4 publish output.

Cons

Lack of building up layers.
Not the easiest tool to pick up and just develop with.

Mark

Abobe - The epitome of quality

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

It was a bit of a challenge getting to know the finer details of the setup, but once that was done, it was an absolute pleasure.

Pros

The speed at which I can produce training material.

Cons

A few features or settings that are not easy to understand or use.